Traditionally most alumni engaged with the institution at events, but that has changed with the evolution of social media. Young alumni want to engage with their alma mater digitally and institutions have to respond by meeting them where they are.
Navigating the social media and digital engagement landscape with its innumerable possibilities is complex, especially for small shops with limited resources. Almabase provides a systematic approach to growing alumni participation efficiently and sustainably over years.
You can manage your events, email marketing, online alumni directory, alumni map, job board, mentoring program, all using Almabase's integrated software. Almabase automatically tracks every alum's engagement (Facebook, email, volunteering, gifts, events) and gives you the insight you need to drive your program forward.
- The platform was up and running quickly.
- The customer service team is extremely responsive and does their best to accommodate our needs. They are also very open to receiving feedback and considering suggestions to improve the software.
- They often roll out new features and upgrades.
- It's quick and easy to create new webpages and add content.
- The software is affordable.
- Integration of e-communication center to send automated emails.
- Some bugs were discovered in the early stages that the support team resolved promptly.
- Limited templates to choose from and cannot incorporate different features from different templates into one to suit your needs/preferences.
- I've been slightly disappointed by the lack of customization on the platform. It's become evident that the platform would be a great tool for an academic institution's alumni organization, but if it's anything else, it may not be the best suited. Our situation is unique in that we are not a school looking to connect with our alumni, but rather a foundation connecting with past and current grantees. Some features cannot be customized to reflect that, including the wording on some pages or email templates that one would think would be easy to change. I was reassured at the beginning through the answers to my questions and testing out another organization's beta site that our needs would be met. However, it was only after our site was fully up and running that I got a chance to fully explore and see where additional customizations would be required.
Overall, the web platform meets our basic needs, but if there was a greater ability to customize it, even a little bit, it would take it to the next level. If you're not coming from an academic institution, I would highly recommend asking a wide variety of questions to ensure it will meet all your needs.
Almabase allows us to connect with our alumni on multiple levels based on interest, class years, university affinities, and social media interaction. It also allows us to communicate intentionally and deliberately with our alumni through targeted emails and our e-newsletter. It saves our team time by streamlining the way that we post to our social media platforms and data-mine the site. This platform also allows for us to include pages for our chapters that have controlled access for the chapter administrators. We can also set-up event registrations, pay portals and interest forms and have the data collected to be imported into Raiser's Edge whenever we want to do that. Almabase directly impacts and helps to facilitate the majority of our office's mission and goals.
With Almabase everything is at one central location which is a huge time saver for us. No more multiple disconnected software and inefficiencies. It also seamlessly integrated with Raiser's Edge.
The response from alumni has been amazing since the launch - they love the social media integration! Our board members, faculty and staff love the platform because its very easy to use. Almabase also provides the possibility to involve our students for an alumni mentorship program that has been heavily requested by our alumni.
The best part though, is that their customer service is exceptional and unparalleled! It is truly a pleasure to be able to work with such an amazing team of professionals.
I know that it is extremely rare to find a software that is pretty much perfect, but we really have not found anything about the software or the customer service that we do not like. The handful of items that we could not do, or did not work quite the way that our team would have liked were solved by the Almabase team, usually within a few days of mentioning it to them. We have no reason to rate them any lower than 5-star across the board. I would recommend Almabase to any organization that is looking for this type of alumni platform.
Thanks a lot, Jessica.
Not only are we housing all our alumni website here, but we've increased our alumni engagement and awareness because they make it easy for alumni to connect. We found a platform that worked for our constituents, not one that made them work.
I love the flexibility that they have offered us. We have been using the software for two years and have seen the software grow at a rapid pace to match our needs. They created a skeleton for us and helped us to flesh it out into a working, attractive, and useful site. Our alumni have given such positive feedback--it's better than anything we've had before (and we're 125 years old). The Almabase team is truly interested in what the customer has to say. They are passionate about their work and you, as the customer, can sense it in every interaction with them.
If there was one thing I could change, I would want more page editing space. The box where you create the page is small and you have to scroll to the top to use the editing tools. I've accidentally moved by cursor more than once while scrolling and had to fix a mistake, then do what I was trying to do. That being said, I have VERY LITTLE experience building website pages or using html and they make it so easy to make great looking pages.
When I became the alumni relations coordinator for Thomas Aquinas College, I immediately began searching for a replacement for a print alumni directory. This platform exceeded expectations in that it provides the directory service that I was looking for AND provides a full service engagement platform for all facets of alumni relations. From emails to events to chapters and more!
Most of all though, the team at Almabase is 110% top notch. They are personable, responsive, and complete. Whether I have a question on hot to best use some functionality or have a suggestion from my users regarding improvements on the platform, the Almabase team is always helpful, thoughtful, and responsive. This customer support you enjoy speaking with!
There is little not to like. For myself, wearing multiple hats at our institution makes it difficult to use the product to its full potential. Also, our users are interested in sharing their directory information with each other, which is not a default setting. However, support has been very responsive regarding this feedback and we are working towards a solution. In all, I am very happy with the product and so are my users.
Once our organization decided to partner with Almabase, we were transitioned to an operations team to ensure that our alumni data and site features were in order and functioned as we desired. The operations team adjusted to our needs and became much more attentive as our needs required. Currently, it seems like our admin team has continuous access to the Almabase support team. They are friendly, professional, and always strive to communicate clearly, even with feature requests that are not part of the platform.
One benefit that showed how willing our Almabase support team goes above and beyond as a partner is how they initiated a regular quarterly review of the platform and features after we launched. They demonstrated how ongoing support is part of the fabric of their company.
The main reason behind choosing Almabase as an alumni relations partner was how they come alongside our efforts to keep our alumni information current. Our alumni benefit because they can easily stay updated on what’s happening with their alma mater and effortlessly network with one another. Our current students benefit because they can begin networking for future placement opportunities. Our staff benefit because this active directory, updated by each alumnus, enhances all our communications about news, events, placement efforts, and services.
- End user experience - user friendly and easy to navigate, not cluttered with extra features
- Sign-on experience is elegant and simple
- Admin portal (Data Studio, Communication Center are strong)
- Directory and user profiles - organized, easy to navigate
- Ongoing support - Almabase support partner with you to enhance efforts
- Career Center - easy to use and maintain
- Career Center could use more sorting options for the end user
Almabase evaluates your needs and goals and recommends the best package.
- Ability for alumni to connect with each other (online alumni directory)
- Event ticketing and RSVP management
- Email marketing - email all or a segment of your alumni with a targeted message
- Mentoring platform for alumni and students to connect, build a relationship and benefit.
- Online giving pages
- Reporting - Reporting on all the engagement activity
- Job board - Alumni and students can exchange job and internship opportunities with the community.
Voici quelques-unes des questions fréquentes sur Almabase.
Types de licences disponibles pour Almabase :
À partir de: $3500/année
Type de licence: Abonnement
version d'essai gratuite: Disponible
Almabase evaluates your needs and goals and recommends the best package.
Fonctionnalités du logiciel Almabase :
Utilisateurs habituels du logiciel Almabase :
Entreprises de taille moyenne, PME
Langues dans lesquelles Almabase est disponible :
Types de licences disponibles pour Almabase:
Nous n'avons pas d'informations sur les appareils pris en charge par Almabase.
Applications s'intégrant à Almabase :
Authorize.net, Blackbaud CRM, BluePay, Google Analytics, Google Calendar, Google Maps, PayPal, Raiser's Edge NXT, Stripe
Ressources d'aide disponibles pour Almabase :
FAQ, Forum, Base de connaissances, Support en ligne, Support téléphonique, Tutoriels vidéo