Team App is an application creation platform for sports teams, clubs, leagues, & social groups to improve communication by creating custom, native smartphone iOS and Android apps. Apps can be designed with a choice of features including news feeds, events, fixture schedules, live scores, photo galleries, chat, newsletters, team store, player profiles, attendance tracker, voting, surveys, ticketing, and more.
I kept my players and coaches up to date on schedules, changes, and general communications. It made team coordination easy for me. It was useful for parents to have rosters and player info in the app and not have to print out and distribute information. It was fun for the players to have their own "Team App" including their bios, team photos, etc. We made up a team name and logo which reinforced brought players together as a team.
First, the product is VERY easy to set up. You can start with a very basic team app and grow it as need and time permits. The best parts is users love it, from players, to parents, to coaches. User adoption is king. Finally, you can customize it to the point it looks like a very professional app that is tailored to your needs.
No kidding, I can't think of anything I don't like about the software. I could complain about the ad model, but the app is free, and for the richness of features an can put up with the ads. Further more, if I want to pay up I can turn them off or use them as a fundraising source. Usually customer service is an issue with these types of "free" apps, but the TeamApp folks are awesome,
Overall it's been a huge relief for our club to have Team App. Previously we had players feeling like they missed certain communications around functions etc, where now they know where all information is found, and recieve notifications and reminders about everything.
The ability to sell things in the same place has been great, and hopefully will still improve over time.
Thanks to customer rep. from Team App for always being a huge help also!
The 2 things we like best are the ability to get a message ourout to entire club quickly and with ease, without it becoming just another email message, and secondly, the ability to apply players fees and merchandise costs direct to them and have reminders sent without the usual legwork. Has saved so much time and stress!
Inability to add stock levels to merchandise or break into sizing with stock levels. I love the store in general but it's very basic at this point.
Thanks for the feedback Kristy!
We will be adding the ability to add stock levels to the 'Store' very soon and the option for you to set up automatic monthly membership payments in addition to annual for users.
Lots of features like putting members into separate groups and communicating with them separately or together. Shop and Payment processing, file sharing, links to external websites, scores, etc.
1. Club admin can manually enter player details into membership database (for attendance at training, etc) and assign parents/guardians, BUT then their parents can't edit/update the details! This is an unacceptable "bug" because it's logical that parents should be able to edit/update their own children's details.
2. The team selection feature is via a manual text entry box whereby you type players' names in and separate each by moving to another line? What? Why can't the team members be selected from the membership database where that player already exists?
3. App admins and access permissions - need to provide access to coaches and other admins better. At the moment, players need to be grouped eg: Under 10s, Under 11s, etc and for coaches to have access to a team list (for communication purposes or for taking attendance) they have to be a member of THAT group AND THEN granted "Restricted Admin" privileges to that group? WHAT??? WHY?? This seems like a band aid solution that results in the coach/manager being a part of the attendance list when they shouldn't need to be.
Hi Thai, thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it as it helps to improve our features.
Would be great to discuss these over the phone with you.
If you can send us an email at [email protected] we can organise a time for one of our specialists to call and assist with this feedback.
Reduction in administrative workload
Great user acceptance
There are many things I like about this software:
- website version plus iPhone / Android apps
- simple for users but powerful for website / membership administrators
- vertical integration between Clubs and parent / national associations
- Clubs / organisations can use the advertising module to generate revenue
- powerful events registration functionality
- Team Register / Lists
- News functionality
- ability to feature one or more: news items and events
- annual subs billing through Stripe - much more reliable / user friendly than PayPal
- event charging through Stripe
- integration of maps with locations
- push notifications
- opt in/out of member directory
- ability to restrict content access to specific member groups, and
- great email/phone support
There are a few areas where Team App need to improve and they have already acknowledged these to me and included them in their development pathway:
- Need to add Member Directory in web version
- Need to link the Team Register / Lists with the membership database
Ease of managing multiple teams, communication is team specific, and parent volunteer tasks can be integrated with games, practices, and coaches communication is targeted only to the necessary audience.
I like that you can integrate schedules, with volunteer assignments and communication. The best part is that it can be structured to support multiple teams, and yet, the members only need to see what they want to see, or need to see.
It is a bit complex and non-intuitive to set up and manage. With experience, it becomes easier, but it is not something you just jump in start using. Part of that complexity is what makes it great to use though too.
Team App is a free solution.
Voici quelques-unes des questions fréquentes sur Team App.
Types de licences disponibles pour Team App :
Type de licence: Freemium, Abonnement
version d'essai gratuite: Disponible
Team App is a free solution.
Fonctionnalités du logiciel Team App :
Utilisateurs habituels du logiciel Team App :
Entreprises de taille moyenne, Administration publique, PME
Langues dans lesquelles Team App est disponible :
Types de licences disponibles pour Team App:
Appareils pris en charge par Team App :
Android, iPhone, iPad
Applications s'intégrant à Team App :
Ressources d'aide disponibles pour Team App :
FAQ, Support en ligne, Support téléphonique