drchrono is a cloud based integrated electronic health records management (EHR) software that supports billing and practice management in addition to its EHR features. This software can be used by doctors and patients to schedule appointments, manage calendars, maintain patient records and avail billing & reimbursement facilities.
The integrated platform consists of three distinct tools for EHR, medical billing services and personal health records management. The vendor offers different pricing plans that support varying product functionalities. Asclepius is the starting edition comprising of only EHR features, Prometheus and Hippocrates edition support EHR and practice management while Apollo and Apollo+ editions provide managed billing services in addition to EHR and practice management.
drchrono EHR tool offers features such as online booking of appointments, patient check-in and on-boarding using iPads and clinical tools to customize medical forms. The tool also supports macro buttons which help in the creation, formatting and saving of notes and accessing them later on the web or iPad. The medical billing services functionality of the product supports reimbursements, billing ROI analysis and insights on collections activity via reporting and analytics dashboards. Onpatient is the personal health records management solution offered by drchrono, which supports online patient check-in, customization of on-boarding forms and enables patients to adhere to their treatment plans online. Patients can use this software to view their records and bills, message doctors and physicians directly and manage appointments and medication.
drchrono is HIPAA compliant, uses digital certificates issued by Digicert to ensure secure data transmission and is certified as a complete EHR by the ONC-ATCB. This software can be accessed as a web application on any device or using native apps on iPad, iPhone, Apple Watch or Android devices.
Web interface is very good, particularly with the introduction of advanced task management. Easy to track electronic communication. Appointment templates are very helpful.
App interface is great for physicians, but limited since it requires an iPad. Ideally, our Doctors could use a Surface device and have access to app interface and web interface as there are benefits to each interface.
Billing Team - staff and support is rock solid. Responsive, polite and respectful of the importance of timely A/R processing and communication. By far, the Billing Team is the best representation of what DrChrono could be.
The basic system is strong, robust and could be a truly excellent product with some relatively simple tweaks to managements attitude towards customer concerns.
DrChrono does not have empathetic listening skills for business concerns, outside of the billing staff.
Any and all criticism is dismissed and blamed on the user (see their responses to reviews here).
Simple measures that would save their customers time and money (like a Windows app) are ignored. They act like Apple is their biggest customer (no Windows or Android support despite requests from clients).
Support tickets are routinely closed prior to problem resolution. They do not allow you to call in to support for assistance, and often it seems like staff does not read the initial problem request as you have to repeat yourself 3-4 times (and get escalated) until you reach staff who can assist with anything beyond the most basic issues.
Issues that impact ability to handle patient care or conduct business are not escalated appropriately. Even if a change they make to the system results in mission critical failures, there is no option to quickly escalate to an appropriate stakeholder at DrChrono.
Simple requests, like customized disclaimers to limit legal liability when patients use the patient portal, are brushed off despite the risk to their clients.
1. It has a very elegant and eye pleasing layout which is the main reason I believe I tried this software. Navigating through the system is overall intuitive and generally easy to use.
2. It has a great functionality with the IPAD and that is why it has been awarded the best system on the IPAD. I don't even use my lap top to see patients. I use my iPad and then I supplemented this with my lap top. Most functions that are done on the laptop can be done on the iPad. This includes setting electronic prescription. In fact, some things are better done on the iPad such as reviewing the records and chart.
3. Electronic prescription is easy.
4. The system has a great fax capability with ability to fax almost from any screen and to fax most documents.
5. Dictation: The interface with dragon is decent although could be better compared to other EMR. The M-mode dictation that comes with the program is great. While the recognition is slightly below dragon, the M-mode dictation has the advantage of being portable as it is used with the iPhone are iPad. The downside, however, is that he cannot be used on a laptop. However, I really like the M-mode feature and use this more than dragon.
6. Cloud base which can be accessed from anywhere where there is internet and from most devices. ( It cannot be accessed from none appple Smart devices - Smart phones or tablets).
7. Notes and documents are automatically saved in an external third party cloud base ie BOX. This is actually a very good feature as a backup to have a access to our clinical notes and documents. This is of vital importance in cases where access to drchrono is not possible such as going to another system. The downside to this, however, is that certain parts of the chart (phone messages or email messages for example) are not stored in this third party system
1. Lack of awareness of what a true legal chart is: As much as I like this system, this is the main reason why I may have to leave and find another system. They are totally clueless as to the difference between what a end-user sees in the software and what the complete chart looks like when requested from an outside source. There is a huge difference and the company do not appreciate this difference. If an outside agency (DEA, medical board or an attorney) ask for the complete medical records, the clinical notes and documents stored at the BOX account can be easily exported. However, communications between you and the patient by phone or email are not stored in the box account and not included in this information. When I have spoken with them about this, they inform me that I could simply print each phone or email encounter. This however is completely ludicrous - as in supposed the patient has 100 phone or email encounters.
For unknown reasons, in refilling the same medications from visit to visit, it simply takes it out of the medication list that is generated in the complete dictated notes. This gets very confusing especially for an outside agency that is reviewing the chart. Its is completely confusing as to what medication the patient is taking at the time of the visit. For example, if I have a patient who is on OxyContin 80 mg twice a day, gets a refill on this medication, it takes it off the medication list in the completed dictated note. This creates mass confusion. The way it appears in the signed completed note, is as if this patient was not on any opioids at all, but then all of sudden, I prescribed them a very high dose of 80 mg OxyContin twice a day. (This would be malpractice). This creates absolute confusion especially if my chart is being reviewed by the medical board or the DEA.
Furthermore, the signed dictated note does not include the number of medications prescribed. So for example in the case of this person who was getting OxyContin 80 mg twice a day, the note does not include that the total count of the prescription given such as #60 or #480. This makes a difference to a DEA offcer who is reviewing the records. Again, when I have discussed this with drchrono, they simply state that review of the medication history in the software can tell this information. However, they do not recognize that the only thing an outside chart reviewer has access to is signed clinical notes and not the complete electronic medical records. Again, this shows that they are clueless about difference of what the software end-user sees and what an outside reviewer has access to.
2. Templates are still in their infancy and generally they are limited compared to other EMRS.
3. Customer service: They responded very quickly to support tickets. Generally, if there is an major system wide issue it get results rather quickly. For other issues, it tends not to be resolved in a timely fashion or not at all.
Probabilité de recommander le produit
I am switching to eClinicalWorks because this software cost me a lot of money, headache, frustration, and time. I do not recommend it for groups with more than 5 PCPs.
It’s looks pretty, has pretty coloring, iPad application not too bad. Cheap. Meaning you get what you pay for.
Where do I start… first of all, this is the WORST software I’ve EVER used.
1) Two people cannot be in the same account. And if you are, ALL of your notes disappear into thin air.
2) The speech to text feature is useless
3) The reporting function is inoperable. It crashes if the report is too big. And you cannot customize it to your liking and you have to wait for it to be in the message center.
4) Their online support is A JOKE. They cannot help you 50% of the time from the start.
5) The whole platform constantly crashes without any warning and they leave you stranded without prior notice
6) They need to market to small PCP groups only, this software is not made for other specialties
7) Their onboarding training is a waste of time. Their trainers have no clue what the provider does on daily basis.
8) They only do API interphasing and they don’t do it themselves. You have to go through a 3rd party and pay tons of money for it.
9) Their template construction is too cumbersome. It actually takes you less time to free type rather than follow their note template
10) Everything is done based on appointments. So, you need to document outside of that, you cannot.
I like that they pay attention to suggestions and they are VERY polite and courteous. They always have a very pleasant attitude, very optimistic and helpful. Whenever I am addressing a concern, I feel that they pay attention and try to solve it if they can.
The fact that they don't have a phone number doesn't concern me. My former EHRs DID have a phone number but you would wait on hold for 10 minutes before anyone picked up and then you'd just have to leave a message for the right person to call you back. DrChrono is very quick to respond to emails and it is about the same as if you had called them. Plus, when it is in email format, you can go back and see the answer to a question anytime because it is documented in email.
To me, it is very straightforward and easy to use and navigate. If you are computer savvy, you could be up and running during the same week that you purchase this EHR. I like how the iPhone app DOES have a schedule for the day (despite what a previous review said) and it is super-easy to take pictures of insurance cards and pictures of the patient or their problems. The fact that it is cloud based is nice because I can operate it in the 35 different nursing homes where I practice. I have used 3 other EHRS before (OfficeMate, My Vision Express, and Crystal PM - for optometry) and they all had less capabilities than DrChrono. The ease of e-prescribing and e-faxing is also wonderful, and the claim filing is much easier than with the other EHRs.
There are some glitches in the software. For example, billing for a self-pay item is tedious and time consuming and if you accidentally enter the wrong amount as what the patient paid and have to change it later, the computer can't handle the change and gets everything mixed up and says the patient has a credit when the patient does not have a credit. Sometimes you just have to delete everything and start all over if you come across a billing glitch like that.
Probabilité de recommander le produit
I was one of the early users of drchrono EHR when I opened my neurology practice back in 2010, when it was the first truly user friendly and mobile platform to take advantage of the iPad and their features when they were recently released, and I knew then that it had a lot of potential. The ease and efficiency of making your own templates and documenting notes, etc. definitely not only made my transition into private practice less stressful but also more fun than I had anticipated. At that time, there were only a few good options, and many, if not all, were way out of the budget of a solo practitioner who was just starting out. Drchrono's staff were always friendly and willing to help every time I would call about issues, and I never had any problem with them. As my practice grew, I saw how the whole team and staff at drchrono also grew over the years, and how the services and products evolved and expanded at such a rapid pace in keeping with advances in technology, and they're always finding ways to help the physician and staff become more efficient. Even though I closed my practice in 2014 as I took on a new job as an employed physician for a hospital, I would not hesitate going back to using drchrono EHR, knowing how easy and intuitive their system is.
I still wish there is a better way to allow practitioners who no longer are practicing or no longer needing to keep their drchrono EHR account active, to be able to store their records and still have access to them per medicare guidelines; I'm still having difficulty syncing them to my Box account as instructed.
Probabilité de recommander le produit
● drchrono provides doctors and patients with tools to schedule appointments, check-in online for appointments, set automatic reminders, as well as integrate billing reports and analytics with the EHR platform.
● The EHR platform is integrated with revenue management solutions that support managed billing services including reimbursement management, billing ROI analysis, reporting and analytics.
● The tool helps to increase patient satisfaction through features such as online patient intake forms, secure doctor-patient messaging options and online scheduling & management of appointments.
● Higher editions of drchrono EHR software support the creation of customized clinical forms and have added features such as voice-to-text tools and import of data from old forms.
● The software provides educational tools for patients to help them understand diagnoses, displaying medical imaging and adding freehand notes directly to the images from the iPad.
Voici quelques-unes des questions fréquentes sur drchrono.
Types de licences disponibles pour drchrono :
À partir de: $199/mois
Type de licence: Freemium, Abonnement
version d'essai gratuite: Disponible
Prometheus - $199 /provider/month
Hippocrates - $279 /provider/month
Apollo - $499 /provider/month
Apollo Plus – Contact drchrono for price/quote
Fonctionnalités du logiciel drchrono :
Utilisateurs habituels du logiciel drchrono :
Grandes entreprises, Entreprises de taille moyenne, PME
Langues dans lesquelles drchrono est disponible :
Types de licences disponibles pour drchrono:
Appareils pris en charge par drchrono :
Applications s'intégrant à drchrono :
Ambra Health, BirdEye, Box, Demandforce, Grow, Grow, InvoiceSherpa, Square Point of Sale, theBillingBridge
Ressources d'aide disponibles pour drchrono :
FAQ, Base de connaissances, Support en ligne, Support téléphonique, Tutoriels vidéo