147 avis

• Fonctionnalités
des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
147 avis
Anne-marie S.

Loving Bill4Time

Publié le 28/08/2020

Bill4Time has been a seamless transition for us. We are a law firm and use the software daily to track our time and for administrative and accounting functions. The reports are excellent to keep track of expenses, invoices, the trust account, etc. Customer support helped me figure out which features our firm needs and now I'm a whiz at Bill4Time.

Avantages

The best thing about this software is the customer support. All of the features are here -- accounting, invoicing, timekeeping, reports -- and the customer support helps us figure out how to use it for our needs.

Inconvénients

I cannot think of any improvements that are needed

William F.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Money Well Spent

Publié le 02/01/2020

The various report options help me to understand better what is happening with my case management and accounts receivable.

Avantages

Bill4Time is easy to use and provides the features that I need for case management. Customer support is outstanding as well.

Inconvénients

Sometimes it reorders the time that I have entered, but that is not a substantive problem.

Teri S.
  • Secteur d'activité: Logiciels
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 2-10 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

I Enjoy Working With Bill4Time

Publié le 09/06/2020

I think Bill4Time is as easy or as complex as the user makes it. It fits those of us who are not really accounting types as well as those who are pros.

I am able to add users, clients, projects, activities, tasks, etc...quickly, and easily. That means a lot to our small business.

Avantages

1. I like being able to associate budgets to clients. This is very helpful if it involves a fixed bid project. We don't want to go over budget or under. Running the Budget Report every few days keeps our projects inline with the client's expected investment.

2. I like the new dashboard. It's much more convenient and fun.

3. It's easy to add in contractors when needed. It's easy to give them the access I want them to have. It's also easy to set contractor's rates.

Inconvénients

I would like to be able to include sub-projects (or phases) under a parent project. This would be very convenient.

I would like more control over the report formating. I've noticed that some really wide reports are generated on portrait layout PDFs.

Sometimes we have all hands on deck and are really busy. I would like the software to send out an alert when hours logged are within 10% (or a user-defined percentage) of the associated budget. This would keep us from accidentally going over budget.

Kathleen C.

Tech with a Human Touch

Publié le 02/06/2020

A colleague recommended Bill 4 Time to me many years ago. Since then, I've recommended it to every lawyer I know. It's easy to use, completely customizable, inexpensive and if you have a problem, there's always a human available to help. Billing is a breeze every month with this program. I love it!

Avantages

It's very easy to learn and it's inexpensive for the service you get

Inconvénients

I wish that I could list matters that I'm working on according to both the client and the matter instead of just the client. Sometimes I have two or 3 different matters open for the same client, but I can't tell at a glance which entry is the one I want to work on next.

Sharon L.

Great Billing Software

Publié le 09/01/2021

Great product and great customer service.

Avantages

Setting up clients and matters is very simple to do, and it requires minimal steps and provides maximum flexibility. The time and expense entry, reporting, invoicing, and accounting features are all easy to use. It also includes a conflicts check feature which searches across multiple fields so is comprehensive. The simplicity and flexibility of the software is what we love. Customer and technical support is exceptional.

Inconvénients

There are no "cons" to the software that we have experienced.

John P.
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Excellent Product; Better Support

Publié le 12/08/2020

Avantages

The software itself is fine. What stands out, however, is the technical support. They not help with software questions, but help even more with correcting bookkeeping errors. We have gone to a virtual firm model, so each attorney handles more and more of the day to day administrative functions, including billing and bookkeeping. To know you have someone to call who can generally take the time to walk through and correct mistakes and provide technical assistance is critical.

Inconvénients

As with any software if you were to develop it yourself (assuming you had the ability to do so) you would do it differently in some regards. For instance, I usually enter time for a day on the following day. it would be nice to not have to change the date for each entry, but to change the date just at the start and keep it on that date until you manually change to a different date. This is a nit and relates to how I do things. I'm sure I could come up with other nits, but overall the program works and works well.

Shana B.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

We have had a small law firm for over 5 years now. We use Bill4Time to do all of our billing.

Publié le 05/10/2017

The main benefit is a completely easy to use and easy to implement billing software that allows the overall billing process to be smooth and efficient for both our firm and our clients.

Avantages

The best thing about Bill4Time is that it is so easy to use and you can access it from anywhere. I can work on client billing and invoices from home or on the road and do not have to worry about making sure my laptop is with me. It provides the LEDES invoice formats that our clients require for us to submit our bills electronically to them and creating the LEDES files is just the click of a button. Then you can also create a PDF file of the invoice just as easily. It is extremely simple to change the settings and customize it to fit your exact type of business. The website usually runs flawlessly with very little downtime, if ever. Bill4Time offers many features. It is easy to search for clients, matters, or invoices within the program. Any information you need that is in the program is at your fingertips ready to bring up with just a few clicks.

Tama T.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: Auto-entrepreneur
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

The perfect fit

Publié le 11/01/2020

It's been a life saver in that I can easily and conveniently produce supporting documentation as to my out of pocket expenses and time in administering this estate as well as bill for and account for my time and expenses in my Paralegal/Investigation firm which makes getting paid much easier and with no hassle because the invoices and statements are detailed, clear and easy for my clients to understand.

Avantages

The software is much like the software that I had become accustomed to using at a law firm and is reasonably priced for me as a one person newly established business where the cost of the law firms software is simply not feasible. Additionally, I love the convenience of being able to create and produce a customized report for any given request for information once an entry has been created and entered. The ease of use and setup is also something I really like.

Inconvénients

I haven't found anything thus far that I don't like about the software.

Lisa C.
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an

Excellent Product for a New and Continuing Users

Publié le 16/07/2020

Migrating to B4T has been a great move for our office. When I have had questions, it has been simple to do a quick chat or call to help me navigate my way. This has been a real boon to the practice and I am very happy with this product. The more I dig in the more I realize how helpful this program is to analyze our overall productivity.

Avantages

We used another billing product which was specific to our business, but really inadequate for the practice.
This has been a great change for us. The set up was easy. It is user-friendly overall - not just for hourly billing - but for info, expenses and accounting for each client including adding the receipts for the client's review. Additionally, the available reports make it simple to see who is billing how much, which payments have been made in any specific period and help us with work and cash flow.

Inconvénients

The only issue that I have is when I am adding multiple expense or time entries, I occasionally end up with an open item that I am not sure is captured or not. This may be due to my method of entry, but it requires me to double back and recheck it.

Liana C.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

I have loved Bill4Time since 2009!

Publié le 11/05/2020

I get my billind done very fast compared to how long it would take me to do it manually. It is also great to keep track of my productivity.

Avantages

It is easy to keep track of billable time, especially with the desktop widget.

Inconvénients

Things have to be entered in a certain order on the widget. Otherwise they get erased. This is a hassle since my short term memory is not that good. I would like to be able to enter data on the widget in any order. I have always had a hard time with the accounting reports. They are not friendly to non accountants. I just want to know who owes me what and since when. I still don't know how to do that after 11 years of being your client.

Christine W.

Great Billing System and Great Value

Publié le 16/04/2020

B4T is a great billing software that satisfies all of our billing needs. It's very reasonably priced and has an excellent customer service staff. I recommend it highly for anyone looking for a quality product that won't break the bank but will still provide all the support you can ask for.

Avantages

B4T is completely user friendly and has a neat, simple layout with no unnecessary noise to clutter your view like so many software products. It provides all of our billings needs in a straight-forward, uncomplicated manner.
Their customer service is top-notch. I haven't had a single instance where I worked with a rep who wasn't extremely courteous and immediately able fix a problem or provide guidance for whatever need I had. In particular, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is fantastic and is such a pleasure to deal with. She's assisted me on numerous occasions and I can't say enough about her.
Something else that I love about B4T is their support desk phones are answered within 2 or 3 rings by actual human beings. I'm never placed on hold by robo-operators as so often occurs with other companies (both professionally and personally).

Inconvénients

I don't have any cons worth expressing.

Myron B.

Mac user

Publié le 30/11/2020

Excellent.

Avantages

Works with Mac. Easy to setup and use. Works well with remote timekeepers. Never had an error or problem with this billing software after 5+ years. Great customer service to answer questions about features.

Inconvénients

Nothing. Works great. No problems to report.

Owen G.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

The good and bad of Bill4Time

Publié le 29/04/2020

Customer service is responsive, sort of. They will respond--but it is not always productive. I wouldn't say it's terrible. I wouldn't say it's stellar.

Avantages

The best part of Bill4Time is that it is intuitive for users to enter time, and expenses. There is very little training.
Bill4TIme has/supports API's, which allow client and matter data to be fetched for use in other systems, like a practice management suite.
The integration with QuickBooks works well.
The iphone app is well done.

Inconvénients

The pricing is a bit steep compared to TimeSolv, which offers the same as Bill4Time and more. If my firm had things to do over again, it would probably go with TimeSolv (and if B4T's prices continue to increase, we will make a move).
Another drawback is that B4T does not have single sign-on capability. I'm told they're working on it. Single-sign-on allows the program to authenticate using a firm's local credentials, like the credentials for users to login to their computer. So if a user is logged into their computer, they don't need to authenticate on B4T. NetDocuments has this capability and it is VERY nice.
The standard reports could be more of aimed at the reports that law firms would use. Like for instance, matter-specific invoice reports for use in legal fee applications (amazingly, it does not offer that report!)
Clients have found the invoices a bit confusing where they also contain trust account balances. There is some opportunity to customize them--to a point.

Cynthia P.

Satisfaction

Publié le 08/10/2020

My overall experience with this software is the new features and changes to the software that helps me to be more efficient in my job. I enjoy the fact that I can print reports for different cost. I like having access to the support team at anytime I needed them. I am thankful for the availability of being able to communicate with the support team about any immediate issues or problems I may be having. I find it very helpful in having live chat and the tutorials available to access at any time I need them. No matter how big or how small my problems are they are very professional and knowledgeable. I like that I can print the transcript to keep for future use should I run into the same problem and forgot what I had done the first time. I like the fact that I can print a report halfway through the month that allows me to see where I am with my monthly billing and productivity and it allows me to print case history which is helpful when I have to prepare an Attorney Fee Affidavit. The new features for notes are so helpful here when a client calls I can open their case and put phone conversations and print the notes for the attorney. My job is all about paper trail. I had a professor in college who said it is not what you say but what you write.

Avantages

Very user friendly software . When I first started with the firm a co-worker showed me how to maneuver in bill4Time. Then she set me on my own. If I found myself not sure about what I was doing I would either review the tutorial or contact bill4Time's support team either by phone or live chat. The support team has always been very helpful and knowledgeable in the software. There has not been one problem that has gone unresolved with the support team. They are very diligent with getting back with you if they have to research an issue or a problem I may be having.

Inconvénients

I would not say I like any thing least about this software. I am looking forward to the ability to be able to track consult fees. I am looking forward to a new tab that has consultations which will allow you to put the client into the system and the amount of the consult fee. This would eliminate me having to keep track of two Conflict of interest list.

Ashton C.
  • Secteur d'activité: Construction

Bill4Time was the perfect solution for my company

Publié le 03/11/2020

When my business started up I was tracking time with a spreadsheet. Creating invoices became an all-day project. Now my bookkeeper can do batch invoices essentially with a touch of a button and the printer spits out 30 to 50 invoices each time we do billing. Tracking my client's projects is easy and I'm not missing any billable time. Incidentally, I can change any project to a flat fee rate with ease. Early on I needed a lot of help with the software and called the support staff who were very helpful and took the time to show me what I needed. Even now that I've been using the software for a few years the support people are easy to reach and are just as helpful. I feel that is so important to be able to reach an actual person who can help you.

Avantages

My company has over 150 clients each of which has numerous projects. As my company grew it became more difficult to manage the growing number of clients and track the time spent on each project. Therefore billing my clients became a more difficult and time-consuming process. This product handles mass invoicing which allows me to invoice more often and also track receivables and payments. I especially like that when I have to call for support I actually reach a human who can help me.

Inconvénients

I can't really think of anything that I dislike about the product. Most issues can be resolved with a phone call to support.

Cherry D.
  • Secteur d'activité: Services financiers
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Time and Money Saving Software

Publié le 14/01/2021

Easy set up. User-friendly. Cost efficient. Bill4Time enables a small company to have the organization, efficiency, and the professional look of a large company without the large cost. The cost fits in our budget.

Avantages

We love the ability to have live billing numbers, the opportunity for look-back, and the ability to attach client expenses to the billing.

Inconvénients

As of now, I'm not sure of anything that I would change.

Utilisateur vérifié
  • Secteur d'activité: Logiciels

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Great, easy to use software, simple invoicing

Publié le 15/07/2020

Great, very easy to use

Avantages

The dashboard simplifies tracking and time entry. Invoicing is simple and I like the multiple ways to reconcile payment.

Inconvénients

The price is a little steep for a small company, but the functionality is great!

Matthew B.

Almost Does it All

Publié le 03/04/2020

Avantages

It is client-based. It allows you to have one client, and assign matters, thus avoiding having three of the same client. It has a pretty strong calendar that allows the whole office to see who is doing what. You can use their app to record time, and it loads that time once you have an internet connection. I can't say enough good about the program. It is very easy to use. But, if you run into a snag, their support team is outstanding and prompt.

Inconvénients

I wish it had a reminder feature with a combination of e-mail and cell phone messaging.

Catherine K.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Great product for law office

Publié le 04/06/2020

Very easy to use in all capacities, from entering time and expenses, creating invoices, editing, reports, etc.

Avantages

I really like the reports tab...I can run just about any kind of report very quickly and easily.

Inconvénients

I can't really think of anything. There may have been some things in the past that I "wished" bill4time would have, and when I would ask for help if it existed, and if it didn't exist, it does now. Updates are happening without any interruption to our use.

Eric Y.
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Great Product and Support

Publié le 07/10/2020

Overall, I am pleased. The software is very easy to use to track time and expenses. Support is very good. The accounting features take some learning and could be made easier. Nice integration with Box too.

Avantages

The software has a lot of useful features such as allowing you to bill by the hour, flat, or contingency. I use all three fee arrangements so this feature is crucial.

Inconvénients

In terms of the user interface, it is not the most appealing software. Everything is basically blue, white, or grey. There is a helpful dashboard, but overall, it might benefit from some redesigning.

Jennifer L.
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

Great for Sole Practitioners needing task management and billing software

Publié le 04/05/2021

It's completely changed my practice. I no longer get distracted and find time slipping by without billing. I track my billings now and meet targets. It's the "assistant" I have been looking for.

Avantages

It is exactly what I need. Most of the task management software for lawyers is designed for litigation and big firms. I needed more of a task management software that would help me keep track of matters and clients and deadlines, but not all of the bells and whistles and certainly not at the price of other companies. Bill4time is the exact software I need - it actually makes me more efficient and helps my focus - it keeps me on task and has improved my follow up with clients.

Inconvénients

The name - I initially thought it was just a billing software but it is so much more.

Ellen W.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 1.0 /10

Disappointed

Publié le 09/05/2019

Disappointing experience as this has bees an issue for over 6 months. They continue to bill us in full and refuse to let us speak directly to IT. They gave us one crest after 3 months but have done nothing about crediting us since. Not have they found a solution to the problem.

Avantages

That it was supposed to integrate with QuickBooks

Inconvénients

After an update in November the two programs stopped communicating

Réponse de Bill4Time Traduire en français

Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves on our software and are disappointed to hear that you have had such a negative experience. The developers are working hard to solve this problem and they were able to resolve the initial issue. They are actively investigating the most recent report and we are looking forward to discussing this further with you.

Laurence L.

Bill4Time is the backbone of our business

Publié le 25/05/2021

Love it!

Avantages

It is easy to create new clients, projects and then track all project related billable time and expenses. Generating invoices at the end of each month is an easy and accurate process.

Inconvénients

None really. We are happy with the entire workflow process.

Francisco C.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Bill4Time got me started, helped me survive Hurricane Maria, and helped me survive covid-19

Publié le 05/06/2020

Awesome. My only thorn is what I wrote in the first "Con".

Avantages

It is cloud-based, super user friendly (everyone's learning curve has been quite small), supports electronic billing, and gets the job done effectively and efficiently. If you have to follow billing guidelines that require a separate entry for every discreet task, the "batch" entry feature CANNOT be beat. Being cloud-based, I able to start working on getting my billing up to date within 48 hours of being hit by a CAT-5 hurricane. It has also let our team work remotely during the pandemic while having full access to our billing platform (my billing admin continues to work with us even though she moved out of state!). To put my review into context, after 25 years I opened my own law firm. My clients are mostly multi-national insurance companies that require I submit bills with ABA task and activity codes. I absolutely needed a billing platform, and I did not have the money to pay close to $10k in a server, "traditional software" (I grew up on one of the main legal billing programs out there) and IT setup. This costs me less per year that what such a program would cost, back-ups are taken care of, I can access from anywhere, and I don't have to cough up a pretty penny every five years to upgrade a server or the program. BTW- It has a very decent iOS app to boot (a proper app mind you; not browser based). I have no relation to Bill4Time; I'm just a very happy customer preaching its benefits as the practice of law evolves.

Inconvénients

Even diamonds have flaws (at least most of them). I have only two items I yearn for, which I will share in order of importance:
1. When I look at a case and below I see all the time entries, I can see the activity code but I cannot see the ABA task code unless I click on the entry. It adds a step I would love to see erased when I am correcting our invoices. Not a dealbreaker for sure, but adding this small item would make a difference.
2. Much farther down the list: as far as I know, no Dropbox integration. I want to beg for it and did when I first subscribed to Bill4Time, but at present I am not sure I would even do much with it. Honestly, by now I don't even miss it.
Being cloud-based, your session can hiccup (it's rare but it does happen) and its a nuisance. This is not on Bill4Time; any platform you use via the internet is always subject to this. But the benefits of a cloud-based program (which I mentioned in the "Pros") exceedingly outweigh this, at least for me.

Jason H.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 11-50 employés

• Support client

Clean, easy to use billing software

Publié le 05/10/2017

Its a billing program and is extremely effective at billing. I find no "cons" when comparing to other billing programs I've looked at. I'd love more practice management functionality--but I don't see that as the main purpose/use of this program.

Avantages

The program is clean, simple, and available anywhere through the web and various applications for mobile devices. New users are easy to setup and manage. Reporting functions are easy to manage. Downtime is a non-issue. Reports are easy to run and provide the information we need to keep a pulse on our firm's billings, collections, and associated compensation models. There are also easy reports to provide for accountability of time keepers. Invoicing is easy as well and so is receiving payments. We also use the trust accounting functionality which helps us keep on top of retainers. Another popular billing program we looked at tried to charge us about 5 times the cost of our average user, merely because one report regarding collections was critical to our internal compensation model. We've used Bill4Time for our billing needs for over 5 years, and many of our attorneys used it before we formed our firm. Its solid, simple, and easy to use.