Avis clients sur Actionstep

Actionstep

4,3 (130)
Donnez votre avis !
Plus d'espace pour ce qui compte vraiment.

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

130 avis

Moise
  • Secteur d'activité : Cosmétiques
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 11–50 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

un logiciel de facture très efficace

Publié le 27/06/2023

Avantages

ce logiciel me propose tellement de facilité pour mes facturations en toute simplicité

Inconvénients

j'aimerai juste que vous apportez juste quelques développement sur vos outils

Romain
Romain
  • Secteur d'activité : Comptabilité
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Logiciel d'étape d'action

Publié le 24/10/2023

Avantages

Actionstep est un logiciel qui nous propose beaucoup de facile pour les action des droites en tout simplicite

Inconvénients

Juste quelque development sur les outils

Peter

Peter Mericka - Long-term Actionstep User

Publié le 06/10/2021

After trying no less than 5 different software packages over the years I met [SENSITIVE CONTENT] at a Legal IT conference and saw the potential of Actionstep. Over the years since I first signed up with Actionstep it has moved with the times, constantly improving but also constantly delivering the tools, staff satisfaction and safety that regulators, staff and most importantly clients have come to expect.

Avantages

The ability to build my practice management system my way, using tools available within Actionstep and also through the integration of other applications.

Inconvénients

The need to manually link incoming emails to matter files. I mention this because I came to love the ability to create a unique email address for each and every matter, but I do acknowledge that the need for higher levels of security is the reason that this feature had to be retired.

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your fantastic review. Its great to hear after all these years Actionstep continues to grow with your firm.

As always, please do not hesitate to contact our customer success or support teams should you have any questions.

Malinda

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Lots to love about this program

Publié le 06/03/2017

Overall I recommend ActionStep to other law firms. It has vastly improved our office workflow, and the various customizable features enable our employees to address clients' needs more efficiently. The ActionStep support staff are accessible and responsive to any challenges we face, whether they involve addressing problems or learning how to implement new features.

What we love:
- Workflows that are customized for different types of cases
- Customized tasks that are automatically assigned to particular employees
- Case dashboard: the "one stop shop" for all basic info related to a case (employees involved, clients, other important players in the case, calendar appointments, notes, etc.)
- Contact records that exist independently of cases but may be linked to cases -- so updating a contact applies changes across the board
- Newsfeed-style case notes with tag options to identify notes as "important," "call," etc.
- Document folders with powerful search feature to easily locate documents
- Integration with MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) that allows case data to be merged into documents and e-mails and allows users to assign e-mails to cases
- Ability to create letter and other document templates that pre-populate cases
- Document portal that allows clients and other parties to securely exchange documents with the firm
- Fantastic support staff and easy-to-follow tutorials

The most challenging aspect of ActionStep is the initial setup (hence my three-star rating for "ease of use"). There is no sugar-coating it: the downside of all those wonderful customizable features is that someone in your organization has to do all the customizing. It's a lengthy process, and the initial data migration can also be time-consuming, but the friendly support staff are available to assist throughout the process. For us the end result has been well worth the challenging setup process.

The ActionStep developers are constantly working on improvements to the program, including ways to make it integrate with other types of software and responding to users' suggestions. Occasionally the updates cause hiccups in the system, but they are typically short-lived. We genuinely appreciate the drive to improve the product and the responsiveness to users' wishes.

- Workflows that are customized for different types of cases
- Customized tasks that are automatically assigned to particular employees
- Document folders with powerful search feature to easily locate documents
- Ability to create letter and other document templates that pre-populate cases
- Fantastic support staff and easy-to-follow tutorials

Inconvénients

- Challenging initial setup (customization of features)
- Cumbersome process to unlock encrypted zip files after backup request
- Previous difficulty with calendar integration caused problems with client scheduling and has made us skittish about returning to use of the calendar, even though we see this as a high-value feature of ActionStep

Peter

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 3.0 /10

Upsides: File Management Downsides: Software Bugs, Customer Service, Integrations, and Set-up...

Publié le 03/03/2022

Unfortunately, the customer service is not up to par of that of our previous software, expect to receive a response from their support team 24-48 hours after you have contacted them. They have never answered the phone when I've called for immediate support, so I've stop trying this and just email even though i feel like for the amount we are paying we should be receiving quicker support.

Avantages

We like the matter dashboard a lot and it's probably the firms favorite feature since all the most important information is readily available.

INTEGRATIONS:

If you're looking to switch to AS because of the integrations they offer make sure they actually work exactly how you intend them to.

Lawpay: If you use lawpay their integration is useless since it only grabs new charges and does not include any past due amounts. I brought this up because we really wanted this to function, but we were told they would not fix the issue.

InfoTrack - One of the reasons we switched to AS and they don't actually integrate in US, even though their website states they do...

Outlook - The bottom bar of the desktop version may not bill the correct amount. I asked for this to be fixed since it's easier to use this bar than the right bar they have, but it's been over 9 months...

BILLING:

If you close your billing at the end of the month be prepared to manually enter Trust payments to allocate the funds on the closing date and not for the next billing cycle, since the automated billing will automatically post these payments on the date you are running them, not on the date which you wish will be allocated. Another feature I have brought up, but essentially fell on deaf ears.

If you work with probate matters where you don't bill your time, so you input a $0 amount, and you have matters that weren't worked on for the month, you cannot filter out between the two, so you'll end up printing bills for all matters. This is something i asked to have fixed in July 2021 and have yet to hear back regarding a fix (3/3/22)

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your feedback. I have passed this on to our product team.

I have also passed on your details to our Customer Success Manager who will reach out to you to find solutions for these pain points.

Thanks,
Matt

Carolyn

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

An all round good system and makes legal practice easier and more efficient

Publié le 02/08/2022

Overall an excellent experience

Overall an excellent experience

Avantages

The fact that the product integrates both legal case management and business management in a single platform

Inconvénients

The plugin with Office products can be problematic sometimes. The plug in drops off when the user logs into a different device

LEAP

Pourquoi choisir Actionstep

To improve efficiency and functionality

Pourquoi passer à Actionstep

Overall a better product and better pricing

Hi Carolyn,

Thank you so much for such a positive review!

Great to hear you and your firm are seeing the benefits of our all-in-one solution!

Arthur

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

Need big improvement in billing system!!!

Publié le 04/12/2019

I used Actionstep in my previous company and it seems pretty good. However, after increasing the price, actionstep has not improved a lot and the billing system is still not work very good.

At the beginning I have asked for Actionstep partner for help. But they did not come back - so I set up the actionstep by myself. It seems some of the function cannot be fully utilised.

Avantages

the display of the program is good and some of the support team is quite responsive

Inconvénients

The invoice system is terrible as it is not able to add it back to the matter.

Further, the invoice system does not accept other currency billing method - this must be changed asap. Other CRM can amend the invoice on the matter file - not like actionstep need to download and upload the documents manually - that's ridiculous

LEAP et Owl Practice

Pourquoi passer à Actionstep

my previous exp.

Hi Arthur

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, and we very sorry you haven't had a great experience.

We have made significant upgrades to our billing since this review and hope you have had the opportunity to try them. Additionally, we have recently released our Lawpay add-on which should help amend some of the issues raised here.

Addressing your questions around implementation, our support team is available to answer any queries you may have to make the most of our software - support@actionstep.com

Leslie

It works!

Publié le 29/03/2023

Avantages

It has a bit of a learning curve to get started, more so than some others, but it's not terrible (and I am not a techie); then it just *works*. I've been very happy with it, get great customer service when I have a question, and do not know why everyone isn't using it.

Inconvénients

I wish it did automatic contingency fee billing and that the contacts in a company were more integrated with the company (but that may be my problem and not the software).

Réponse de Actionstep Software

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on Actionstep! It's awesome to hear that despite the learning curve, you've had a great experience with the software and have received top-notch customer service.

It's also great to hear that you appreciate the customization and human aspect of Actionstep. Your feedback on the automatic contingency fee billing and contact integration is noted too & will be passed on to the product team.

Thanks again

Briana

Awesome Product!

Publié le 23/07/2019

Overall, our experience with Actionstep has been great and has made the office much more efficient so that our clients receive top quality work.

Avantages

We like how we can use our workflows to track each client thru the process. The reporting we receive is great and helps us stay on top of our business.

Inconvénients

The accounting reports cannot be changed and at times the accounting functions don't work the way we would want them to.

Réponse de Actionstep Software

Briana - thank you for such a positive review. Delighted your experience with Actionstep has been great. Just wanted to mention that we continually make updates to our product, including to the accounting function, so if you do have specific requests or suggestions, do funnel them through support@actionstep.com so our product team can review them in light of upcoming development. Thanks again!

Jamie
Jamie

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 2.0 /10

Poor customer service and communication

Publié le 25/08/2023

Very fussy product which is very hard to customise.

Very fussy product which is very hard to customise.

Avantages

After hacking through the very long set up process (years) and very steep learning curve (we're lucky we're strong with IT) it does most of what we need it to do.

Inconvénients

It's started jumping matter numbers. The last normal matter number was 620. The next number it generated was 653 and today the new number is 686. We've sent multiple emails to support and they have been generic fob off responses for critical, time sensitive issues which affect our trust accounting. We couldn't be more disappointed. After four years of using this product, I've finally been annoyed enough to write this review. Hopelessly inadequate response.

Utilisateur vérifié

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Great if you have time to customize

Publié le 17/10/2018

The ease of keeping track of the lifecycle of our matters makes this well worth it. I spent hours following the tutorials on how to customize it to tailor it to my specific practice. But I think they purposely make them a little vague so you'll have to resort to hiring a consultant to tailor the program. Overall it's totally worth it, but I wish it was more user friendly to customize myself.

Avantages

This software is an elegant solution for volume practices that categorizes matters in useful and dynamic ways, and is interactive so you can keep track of the progress of each individual matter.

Inconvénients

It's expensive to customize because you have to pay for a consultant to work with you on it.

Réponse de Actionstep Software

Thanks for your review, and I'm happy to hear your likelihood to recommend Actionstep is 8/10.

I did want to clarify that we definitely don't try to make our tutorials vague. Our customers vary from IT Managers within larger firms, to solos, so it's a fine balance between making our guides too technical, and making them user friendly for all our customers.

Richard
Richard

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Actionstep evaluation

Publié le 15/07/2019

We've been able to somewhat streamline our practice administration, and we like how all case information can be contained in one place

Avantages

e-mail integration is easy and seamless
highly customizable
excellent document management

steep learning curve
weak online training materials
requires a consultant to truly make it work
our version does not yet sync with Quickbooks

Réponse de Actionstep Software

Richard - thanks for taking the time to review Actionstep - it's great to hear such positive comments about email and document management. I just wanted to acknowledge your comments on training. We are working on improvements to our on-boarding materials will most certainly use your feedback to improve training. I will ask someone in our our support team to get in touch with you about your Quickbooks Sync. Thanks again and do get in touch with our support team anytime you need help: support@actionstep.com

Andrew

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 0.0 /10

Hopeless Customer Service - Technical Staff not technical - Accounts do not work

Publié le 01/09/2020

Poor experience. The salespeople were nice and I believe genuine. The techo people are not trained in real technical problems and use the excuse of putting something to the 'development' team. I am not sure the development team exists. Am on hold now for 25 minutes while I wait for someone with a small understanding to talk to me.

Avantages

The system is a great concept. Great robust software that, if working properly, would allow practitioners to set up what they want by way of workflows and templates for each practice area.

Inconvénients

My accounts simply do not work. I cannot bill clients. I cannot receipt monies. I do not have an 'accounts' menu. The software has bugs and Actionstep are incapable of fixing them.

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your feedback. I have spoken with our support team to get some better understanding of your issue & apologise for the difficulty & time it took to diagnose & resolve.

It is my understanding that some complex issues in how billing within your firm's system was set up had lead to you not being able to experience Actionstep in the way others have.

As you have said we aim to be the most comprehensive practice management system available and these issues have limited your experience.

As you are still active in Actionstep, Jae, our head of global support will personally be in touch to ensure you get the most from our software.

Should you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact our team at support@actionstep.com

Matt

Ashley

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

Decent legal software

Publié le 28/07/2020

We keep track of our time better, and thus bill more.

We keep track of our time better, and thus bill more.

Avantages

The best feature is the ability for everyone to enter their time contemporaneously. The customizable workflows are nice, though there is a bit of a learning curve to implement them. Also,it's nice to have practice management and accounting all rolled into one software.

Inconvénients

Some of the reports aren't very good. The basic accounting reports, like the income statement and balance sheet, are fine. But some of the others, like the ones that look at time entries or payments by clients, are difficult to understand. They have some very fine nuances that aren't explained anywhere, and that makes it hard to make apples to apples comparisons if you have to use two different reports.

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for such a positive review.

Great to hear you have utilized Actionstep to make your firm more efficient and thus more billable time.

We understand our product is comprehensive and it sounds like you have started to customize it to your needs.

In regards to your custom reporting - I have put in a request to our Customer Success Manager who can help you create the reporting you require.

Benard

Worst support

Publié le 23/03/2023

Avantages

Easy to use, intuitive, and in many ways better than Leap

Inconvénients

It has the worst customer service. No one responds and when they do, they don't get the problem and you have to explain yourself again and again. I hate their service. I hate their support. There's no phones number anywhere to contact them. I have an urgent issue and they don't care.

maricatherine

Why I love ActionStep

Publié le 28/07/2020

We have realized many benefits from ActionStep with respect to not only just organizing the firm's information but the fact that it offers so much more regarding document saving (cloud), billing, and portal capabilities. This, in turn, will save the firm a lot of money.

Avantages

The product is easy to use. It provides many opportunities for making the running of a law firm a seamless process. The support is excellent. In our firm, we are able to keep tract of Matters, Clients, Calendars, and we are just starting to use ActionStep more in-depth with respect to storing documents, creating correspondence, and billing. I cant say enough about how this software helps to organize our small firm and keeps us on track with respect to keeping track of revenue goals, etc.

Inconvénients

Integration in our firm was somewhat difficult only due to time constraints; nothing to do with the product itself.

Hi Maricatherine,

Thank you for such a positive review.

Great to hear you have had an excellent experience with our support team.

We are delighted your experience with Actionstep has been great.

If you do have specific requests or suggestions, please do not hesitate to email support@actionstep.com so our product team can assess them in light of upcoming development.

Scott

Effective and Efficient Law Practice Management

Publié le 26/08/2016

Avantages

I now have an almost complete solution to practice management. Before, I had no system, no way of keeping things straight. But then I started to become too busy to keep track of things in my mind, and it started getting chaotic. That's where Actionstep has saved my practice from disorganization. I track all of my time and do all of my billing from Actionstep. I keep my entire database of contacts on Actionstep. Trust ledger accounting is great. Tasks, calendar reminders, document storage, file notes. It's all great. When a client calls, I quickly pull up their file and *bam*, there's everything. There are many other useful features that I know I just haven't even tapped into yet.

Inconvénients

- There is a pretty steep learning curve, and the user guides aren't always that helpful. Sometimes I find myself spending 20 minutes trying to figure out a very simple thing, like how to reopen a matter that I accidentally closed.
- Before using Actionstep, I kept everything on Google Drive. Great, Actionstep integrates Google Drive. But not as well as I would like it to be integrated. I had to do a series of workarounds with Google Drive to get it *sort of* how I would like it to be. When you open a new matter, Actionstep creates a folder on Google Drive, but the folder is only the matter number. So if you're typing a document and want to use File > Save As > Google Drive, then good luck finding the folder. Instead every time I open a matter on Actionstep, I immediately find the folder it creates on Google Drive, then rename it to my matter name.
- I would like a place to track mileage for business expense reimbursement. You can add things like this to matter disbursements, but I don't see a way to do it practice-wide.
- I haven't gotten the Google email integration to work properly. Actionstep puts odd things in the subject lines of my outgoing email, so I stick to using Google's platform for that.
- Document upload sometimes hangs when you try to do more than a couple files at once, but I'm not really using it because I'm keeping everything on Google Drive.

Jinny

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

This product does everything that we were hoping for!

Publié le 23/08/2017

Avantages

I think I trialed almost all of the major case management software companies out there and this company blew all of the others out of the water for me. The product is reliable and does exactly what we need. Before we purchased this product I had to do most of my work manually and things would slip through the cracks. This product has resolved that issue. I also love the document generation feature and how deeply the product integrates with Microsoft Office Suite. Not having to type each document from scratch saves so much time!

I personally enjoy how highly customizable the product is. I'm constantly pleasantly surprised to find new features it has that make my life easier. Some may complain that you need a third party firm to get you off of the ground and running, but I set up the entire system for my team by just reading their User Guide and talking to customer support.

The price was another selling point for us. We're a local county government agency operating on a small budget so this price tag works well within what we could afford. The customer support is phenomenal. They try very hard to make their customers (or potential customers) very happy. Having our cases in a secure cloud means that we can work from anywhere which has greatly improved the way that we work.

I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who is looking to get away from paper files and who wants to learn how technology can make your life easier and more organized.

Jennifer

Love this Legal Practice Management Software

Publié le 05/12/2019

Everyone in our uses Actionstep daily - from saving emails to a matter to organizing documents in folders, to linking appointments in the calendar, to emailing bills and tracking unbilled or unpaid items.

Avantages

This software is intuitive and easy to use. It is logical, very organized and user friendly - similar to using an app on your phone. The calendar is great too! This is miles above any other legal software I have used.

Inconvénients

I wish the developers would figure out a way to import contact addresses to correspondence. Also, the accounting software can be a little cumbersome and has a learning curve.

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for such a positive review. We are delighted your experience with Actionstep has been great.

I have passed your feedback on to the product team.

John
  • Secteur d'activité : Assurance

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

Florida Hurricane Adjusters

Publié le 15/07/2019

We are very please with the results and organization this program gives us!!!!

We are very please with the results and organization this program gives us!!!!

Avantages

Very customizable!!!! This gives us everything we need to sort through as many files as we give it! We can sort via very specific criteria!

Inconvénients

Although we are the kind of people that put a lot of time into things we want exactly the way we want them, we don't believe too many others are willing to put in the time to learn this program to customize it to their liking. The people that do put in the time will be greatly rewarded. This is the best program for Law Firms and Public Adjusters.

Réponse de Actionstep Software

John - thank you for your really positive comments about Actionstep. We are delighted you have customized the system to the way you want it to work for Florida Hurricane Adjusters. One of the things we believe in at Actionstep is supporting unique and valuable ways of working!

Utilisateur vérifié

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 2.0 /10

So close!

Publié le 28/12/2022

Main features looked good enough, but without the ability to charge 2 sales taxes this was a non-starter for me.

Avantages

The automation is fantastic. Once you learn how to use the triggers and actions effectively you can run a much smoother operation.

Inconvénients

No option for 2 sales taxes, which is essential in my jurisdiction.

Clio

Réponse de Actionstep Software

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're happy to hear that you found the automation in our platform to be fantastic, and that it's helped you run a smoother operation.

We're sorry to hear that we did not have the specified options for taxes that you require. We understand that this is an important feature for your jurisdiction, and we'll take your feedback into account as we continue to improve and update our platform.

We appreciate you considering Actionstep as a potential solution and apologize that we weren't able to meet all of your needs at this time. If you have any further feedback or questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team.

Thank you again for your time and consideration.

Mark

• Support client

Best Practice Management Software for running your practice as a checklist/process

Publié le 19/01/2016

If you want a practice management system that actually will ensure you do not miss a step when undertaking a certain piece of legal work, then ActionStep is your best solution. I have tried other practice management solutions, but none of them take the unique approach of allowing you to drive each of your client matters in a series of logical steps/actions so you do not miss any essential task when carrying out a legal process.

The cons are that it can take some time to set up your own processes. There is a fair bit of learning involved and the user guide can be hard to follow at times. But they are developing this continually and when in doubt you can raise a help ticket and their team get back to you fairly promptly.

If you do not love setting up systems, I would engage someone to do this for you (I believe they have consultants who can help with this). The payoff of having a checklisted process with powerful document assembly is huge and will really make your practice more efficient.

I do not run a trust account so cannot comment on the accounting feature, but I do generate my bills and this is fairly simple. I can generate a bill and email it to a client in a matter of minutes. And unlike other practice management systems, I can use my exact .docx template as the basis for my bill - I am not limited by a particular bill format. The integration with Xero also works well for me.

I would have given this five stars if there was better integration with other apps, like Gmail, but I understand that integration with Zapier is forthcoming in Q1 of 2016 which will make this a very powerful system. Looking forward to that enhanced capability.'

Overall, I have been using the system for several years and would not move to anything else because there is no other product that I am aware of that has the built-in action-based logic for different matter types like ActionStep has.

Réponse de Actionstep Software

Thank you for the feedback Mark.

Max

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 0.0 /10

Finicky platform - arbitratry and unpredictable pricing

Publié le 16/05/2023

Terrible. Would not recommend. Looking for alternative providers now.

Terrible. Would not recommend. Looking for alternative providers now.

Avantages

Decent practice management software, but terrible pricing structure. Have changed pricing drastically in the last couple of years and just introduced new access fee component which drastically increased cost of subscription

Inconvénients

See above notes on costs. Do not recommend.

anne

NO buyers remorse here

Publié le 08/04/2019

Avantages

its ability to intergrate calendar/ email / documents into one plac.e

Inconvénients

adding things can be difficult, it can be very slow and freeze.
It is difficult to load letter heads etc if they are not the selected size

More compatibility with MAC would be better

Réponse de Actionstep Software

Hi Anne - thanks for your great review. I just wanted to follow up to let you know that we have recently released an update to our system to allow Mac users to more easily edit and manage documents. See an overview and further resources here: https://blog.actionstep.com/making-document-management-easier-for-actionsteps-mac-users

Joe

• Support client

Actionstep is a powerful practice management solution, but that power comes with its own...

Publié le 08/02/2018

Avantages

Actionstep is nearly infinitely customizable, and its orientation around workflows offers great promise for automating certain routine tasks. The user interface is logical, and each screen is packed with the information you would expect to see. The layout minimizes unnecessary keystrokes and scrolling to find the most important information related to a case or a contact. Document automation works very well. Likewise, time keeping is straightforward and easy. Recent upgrades have improved the billing process significantly.

Inconvénients

Power comes at a price, in this case in the form of time. Actionstep is not an application for the faint of heart or those unwilling to devote significant time to onboarding and setup. Many users may find a consultant necessary to complete that process.