Avis sur LiquidPlanner

LiquidPlanner

Logiciel de gestion de projet dynamique pour les entreprises modernes.

4.3/5 (290 avis)

The best project management tool for teams

Publié le 12.03.2010
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Through thoughtful design, LiquidPlanner has made a project management application that is a perfect fit for dynamic and collaborative teams. It could replace your current project, task, time management tools and company blog by integrating them all in a natural way.

Liquid Planner has a transparent way of making you be mindful of exactly how the team is using its precious time. Our company president pleaded with me to get it set up so that he could use it as a tool to help the partners understand the team's capacity. He wanted a convincing way to show why more projects could not be taken on without an increase in staff. Liquid Planner allowed me to do this within a day.

I feel like the Liquid Planner designers traveled into my mind to design the perfect project/task/time manager.

Avantages

Having used many project management tools over many years, it's hard to not fall in love with LiquidPlanner. It feels like I've traveled to bizarro world where everything goes right.

I can now put together comprehensive projects faster than I can plan them in my mind. I've never had this experience (including with Excel). Simply put, I don't feel the interface slowing me down. It feels like all "busy work" has been removed.

I never thought I'd have a real-time schedule because of the requirements to maintain it, but LiquidPlanner delivers on this promise. Thank you. I'm embarrassed to say that "what if" scenarios are so easy and fast to do, I've developed stronger intuitive scheduling techniques without understanding exactly why they work. Am I now smarter or dumber?

If you are not the type to love the clock-in/out button on each task, you might be the type to get hooked on adding a few notes when you complete each task because your notes are shared in the team's "blog."

Inconvénients

Introducing a new company-wide system is always hard, but you you can use Liquid Planner to replace your project management tools, time-tracking tools and company blog so that should help reduce the total number of systems.

Currently companies that need a fully-featured document library should stick with what they have. There is an API and the company has been aggressively releasing new features so maybe someday.

If you haven't experienced a lot of project management tools, you may not be as passionate about it as I am. Part of it's appeal is that it does what any other project management tool integrated with a company portal can do, but it does it fast and easy enough that it's actually worth using.

Support client

LiquidPlanner - expensive, but with PM software, you get what you pay for.

Publié le 14.12.2017
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

Over the course of my career I have used a lot of PM software. I have used Project, Jira, Basecamp, Asana, and Trello in addition to LiquidPlanner. Out of all of them, LiquidPlanner is my PM software of choice.

Avantages

LiquidPlanner is a powerful project management tool. It can be used to track tasks, projects, employee capacity, schedules, deliverables, and hours. I find that the most important and helpful feature of LiquidPlanner is its ability to track employee capacity and move estimated completion dates back if someone is overloaded. This is crucial if you are working in an environment with multiple projects going on at the same time who are obliged to share certain resources (2D artists, programmers, video editors, etc.)

Inconvénients

At most I can think of only two cons related to LiquidPlanner
1. Setting up a project in LiquidPlanner is definitely time-consuming. Project managers will need to dedicate several hours to transforming their WBS information to something that works in LP. However, this is just a drain on PMs and not project team members.
2. In some environments it can be difficult to get employees to "buy-in" to LiquidPlanner and consistently update their hours and tasks. It's a behavior change and culture shift that must be encouraged and re-enforced regularly.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Awesome project management tool with time tracking and more

Publié le 24.08.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Full PM tool, time tracking, billing.

Avantages

We've been using Liquid Planner for the last 5 years now and I can say that we are now managing 100% of our projects with it.

Building a platform like Potion is a lot of work in product design, marketing, development and customer support but Liquid Planner has been a huge help when it comes to managing our projects.

Whether it's dealing with our internal or customer projects, Liquid Planner (my guys call it LP) has been a huge help. We're using only part of the tools provided by LP, such as packages, tasks, attributions, deadlines, time tracking, resource planning and scheduling, but it's already bringing a huge providing us with both flexibility and structure.

The help resources are really thorough also and help us get the information we need to use it in an even better way.

Finally, and I think it's certainly one of the biggest strength of Liquid Planner, its support team is tremendous. All of our requests are always answered with concise and clear replies that push us forward.

Inconvénients

As any PM tool, there is a learning curve and you need to get the team using it in the good way. Thankfully, the help resources are great.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Expensive, complex, and extremely powerful.

Publié le 31.03.2018
Provenance de l'avis

Avantages

LiquidPlanner is quite customizable with different ways to view tasks and many different screens to visualize things in alternative contexts. For a project manager on the business side, it allows for very powerful organization of multiple projects and teams, and many possibilities for scheduling and prioritizing tasks. It allows for flexible time tracking using range estimates and a simple time entry view.

Inconvénients

It's easy to lose track of how many hours were actually approved for a task if you want to take advantage of the ability to re-estimate things on the fly. It can be slow to load and cumbersome to use. It can be difficult to find things in the overly complex Projects view. Search filters get reset every time you click a task link from someone else that doesn't match your existing filters. It's not always intuitive how to find things using the available search options (for example, unless you put the project name in every task title, searching for the project name doesn't do much good). Time entry takes a lot of clicks with recent updates if you need to add notes to each item. The API is complex to use (though powerful).

6.0/10

Great for PM/OPs, bad for Devs & Creatives

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I love it, however, our devs and creatives find it frustrating to use despite large amounts of training and personalisation. There are a number of tools that would make this more helpful and less painful to the "doers".

Our business needs are well met, though there are other aspects that don't accomplish our requirements. Kanban, for example, as well as cross-team/project sprint planning whilst maintaining a weekly outlook.

Finally, with the latest price hikes it doesn't feel "good value" and I'm now faced with justifying the expense when before it was self explanatory. This is compounded by exchange rates.

I have recommended.
I like the meld of planning and projection.
I love the hi/lo estimations and the detail I can provide clients

Inconvénients

Useability for doers, especially timesheets
Lack of integrations with SCM.
Poor connectivity/communication for my clients; their portals don't show custom fields, board views or timelines for tickets/tasks.
True Kanban is not feasible
Sprint-based planning for cross-team/project resource is not possible alongside weekly overviews
A desktop app would be great; especially for devs etc
The mobile app hasn't changed since we started using this in 2012 and is highly impractical.
Doesn't work well on ipads

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Powerful, adaptive, and flexible project management solution

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois
Publié le 15.01.2018

Avantages

The blend of waterfall and agile capabilities, with a solid Kanban. It is an excellent planning solution for large waterfall based projects and equally capable for agile with scrum projects.

For waterfall: It is far easier to use than MS Project or other such solutions that require manual control over dates. The priority based scheduling engine schedules based on priority of the task in the system's hierarchical order. While this is not always the most flexible, they provide numerous ways to control the prioritization with resource splitting, work caps, delayed starts, and dependencies. The time-tracking capabilities are impressive, and it easily integrates time, notes, and work items. The mobile solution is slick and works well.

For agile with scrum: Liquid Planner can be configured with fields to capture stories, acceptance criteria, and other elements related to stories. The kanban boards can be configured with a variety of stages.

Inconvénients

While I agree with the priority based scheduling concept, and its implementation, I'd like a bit more flexibility to control my daily task list rather than having to rigidly follow what the schedule dictates I should be doing. Right now, the My Work section allows the user only to see their tasks in order of master schedule priority, which is not always the most logical order in which to work on a specific day. They do permit workarounds with the ASAP prioritization - which works well.

My other suggestions for improvement are:
- more granular control over alerts and feeds
- synchronization with Google/Outlook calendar (right now it requires manual calendar synchronization)
- Better reporting on agile with scrum, kanbans.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

There are cheaper and more full-featured solutions, but

Publié le 23.05.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Liquid Planner is offering our business both a more consolidated approach to project management, as well as some features and functionality we didn't have before. Overall, I think it is helping our productivity.

Avantages

It does a lot of things well. It offers a lot of advanced scheduling functionality for project managers. The Projects tab is incredibly powerful. Time tracking works well. Tagging people in comments is a useful feature.

Inconvénients

Liquid Planner's interface is kind of slow for us (we have a lot of projects). The Home and My Work tabs aren't very useful to me--they never seem to show me the right subset of tasks, which is possibly due to the way we're organizing projects and tasks, which causes most people to use the Projects tab, which is powerful, but advanced and cluttered. API integrations work well enough, but the Zapier integration, in particular, is lacking much useful functionality in my opinion. For example, what if someone wanted to send a Slack notification to a particular person every time a task was assigned to them? Currently, either not possible or at least much more difficult than it could be.

7.0/10

More visibility into shared resources

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We use LP to manage multiple concurrent client projects. With several project managers sharing resources, it is vital to have visibility into resource availability and potential schedule conflicts. Because of the extremely long duration of our projects (with heavy work in the beginning, then intermittently for months to years afterwards), it took us some time to develop a workflow that would allow for prioritization of individual tasks rather than projects as a whole. But we've come a long way from using stand alone MS project files! Time tracking directly on the task has also been very beneficial for more accurate tracking and billing of work.

Avantages

Flexibility, ability to manage multiple concurrent projects

Inconvénients

Our need for prioritization by task (rather than project) can make it challenging to get tentative timelines in front of a client that are still reasonably accurate. Would love to see a 'timekeeper only' user license option, would like to be able to track time against checklist item

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Great project management software even though it doesn't fit our needs 100% of the time.

Publié le 17.08.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I couldn't do my work every day without Liquid Planner. I am constantly referencing it and using it throughout the day.

Avantages

I like the way we can use this as a project management, time tracking, and a scheduling platform. So many other tools I've used only address one of these vital areas.

The timers on each task are one of my favorite features of Liquid Planner. It makes it so easy to track time and see how accurate estimates really are on a given task or set of tasks. You can easily view progress, see overruns and areas of concern (there's a red fire icon), and put as many details in the actual task as you need. You can link tasks together, create dependencies, and perform other actions to get a realistic view of a project.

Inconvénients

Sometimes it is difficult to set up scheduling the way our company needs it to be represented. However Liquid Planner always seems to be putting out new features and their support team is very helpful in trying to help their clients find solutions.

Expensive but the Features are Worth It

Publié le 12.02.2017
Provenance de l'avis

I used this product for myself, because the firm I work for uses Microsoft Planner (free) which is crap. Liquid Planner isn't perfect, but it's one of the best out there. I like that it schedules my time for me. My main complaint is that you cannot assign clients to tasks like you can for projects. It is obviously optimized for companies that work on very large, involved projects, whereas, I do many short, discrete projects - like writing a NR or a newsletter. I set these up as tasks because it isn't worth the time to set up a project. Then, I have to nest them inside a project folder to assign them to a client. Frustrating

Avantages

Excellent time tracking and scheduling features, bonuses like setting dependencies, and comprehensive analysis and reporting features.

Inconvénients

Optimized for large, involved projects and as a result the Task designation isn't as helpful as it might be. Needs richer functionality in Tasks for short projects where it isn't worth setting up a project folder.

5.0/10

The potential of the system is excelent

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I find the concept to be the best way to manage projects, but the interface, lack of costumizability causes an unnecessary interface complexity. There are so many items and features that could be hidden from the average user.

But the biggest down side to the service is the complete lag of a notification system, making the task chat risky and out dated.

I also find the price tag to be too high, especially for smaller innovators and teams. But I guess you prefer big clients and not small clients.

The mobile app unfortunately is a very sad story, would love to use it but it is so slow and out of date that I find it unusable.

Avantages

The project planing and the system as a hole

Notification system
Mobile app

In 'My Work' only show 'active' tasks

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

If a task has multiple people on it, is set to 'work in order', everyone sees the Task in their 'My Work'. But if the person(s) before you on that task have not marked themselves 'done' you should not start on your portion of the task. Can you not show these tasks until you are the active worker on the task? You could add a capability in the filters to turn this off, just in case someone is searching for tasks that they are on but are not currently with them.

Ease of use, intuitiveness

Inconvénients

If you are on a task marked 'work in order' you see the task in 'My Work' even though you are not the current person (i.e. people before you have not marked themselves 'done'). Can you set 'My Work' to normally only show tasks where you are currently active? You could allow the user to set the filters to see all tasks they are on, in case they would like to see tasks where they are not yet active.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Does everything we need in one place

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We turned to LiquidPlanner as we needed a way to handle a lot of projects and clients in one place, with multiple members of staff assigned to each, all tracking time against different tasks within a project.

LP enables us to analyse staff performance, billable hours logged against a task, project or client and apportion resources accordingly. It's central to our business and also means we can provide transparency and accuracy to clients when reporting on what work we have done for them.

Our staff find it helps them to manage their workload, collaborate and understand dependencies easily. It takes a little time for new starters to get used to clicking the button to time everything they do, but the benefits are enormous for us as an agency.

Reporting
Task management
Project structuring

Inconvénients

Per-seat licensing gets expensive as the team grows or if you use a lot of freelancers.
Some quirks to the interface, could be more intuitive.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

The best project management software I've ever worked with

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

LiquidPlanner is a very complete software for managing projects, time spent, people, clients and analyzing the overall performance of your company. It has a lot of different functionalities. You'll probably never use all of them, since the system is so complete it has different features for different needs of all kinds of companies. We work with advertising and LP is invaluable in our day to day life. Customer support is rarely needed, but when it is, they are fast, polite and helpful. Having compared LP to other project management software, I can say I've never found one that adapts itself to our needs as much as this one.

Avantages

Very large feature set, great support.

Inconvénients

It's almost perfect, but there are some features I do miss and since it's so complete, sometimes it can be difficult to learn how to use a tool for the first time.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

The transparency of the project gives great confidence to all

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We are using LiquidPlanner (LP) in almost every project. Besides tracking and reporting progress inside, one of the best things is to keep our clients updated regarding their projects in real time. Such transparency has huge benefit to both side, the clients and the development team.

For clients, they may gain confidence from the project progress at any time. Especially, many of them are start-ups. They relies on the project to develop their business and talk further with the potential investors. The real time update helps to plan their future in a more accurate way.

For the team, LP is used to get real time feedback from clients. Any blocks may be identified and solved in time. And we know what we did is what the clients need and does bring business value to them.

In general, with LP, all the parties around the project get the transparency and are given the great confidence of the success.

Avantages

share information among all parties.

N/A

Great for Shared Teams

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We use because we have a lot shared team members across many projects that are managed by multiple project managers. The priority package really lets us schedule out the work in an organized fashion. Most of the users can just look at the My Work tab and figure out what they are supposed to do. This is the ONLY program that gives us this option. Trust me, we looked.

Avantages

Easy of schedule multiple people across multiple projects. The dashboards are also good, but we run out of widgets fast.

Inconvénients

Would be good to add attributes to the client or project level. For example, we want to make a whole project billable or all projects from a client billable.

From An Interesting Idea To An Essential Tool

Publié le 10.02.2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I am the principal of a medium sized engineering design consultancy, working mostly in the construction and design worlds. We work on some very challenging and innovative projects, where team work and complexity are everyday issues. We had struggled for many years trying to manage our design work with spreadsheets, project management software, time sheets, etc and so on. We always started off with a great plan, but then found it impossible to keep that plan up to date as projects progressed, and then ended up making do.

When we found Liquid Planner we were intrigued by the on-line accessibility and by it allowing multiple simultaneous users; everything could be centralised off site, and could be accessed out of hours from anywhere. We took the plunge in January 2014 and switched everyone over to Liquid Planner overnight. We developed a simple easy to use system for organising all of our projects in one single space, and it worked straightaway. We developed packages for each person, what we call Now Boxes, in which they shuffle their own priorities whenever they want. We incorporate dependencies to tasks, and so warnings pop up when staff move things that adversely affect task sequences. Time sheets are entered accurately in real time, and everything worked well from the off.

We then moved on to another level and, with some simple customising of the fields relating to tasks, we used Liquid Planner to re-invent our quality assurance system. As structural engineers checking and quality is an essential part of our work, and with some simple tweaks Liquid Planner become our quality assurance system, and has been approved as such by our British Standard Institution ISO 9001 inspectors. In fact they were amazed at how easy and immediate our system was.

Clicking and dragging on the gant chart would be nice. Also the space devoted to obscure things like date shift windows would be better spent on making diary views more accessible.

We love it and are always singing its praises; it is like a member of our team.

Support client

Does exactly what I need it to do. Could do some things better.

Publié le 10.02.2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Pros:

1. As a service provider, I find it incredibly useful to manage all client projects and tasks through a single system. Invoicing my clients, which used to take 8 to 10 hours every month, now takes half an hour. The time tracking at each task is fantastic, as is the ability to have different billing rates for different customers. We integrated the downloadable timesheet CSV file into a database to assign our own invoice numbers and produce consolidated reports.

2. Our team is geographically dispersed, with members in different time zones and working different schedules. We use LP to collaborate on tasks, capture notes, and track documents. We've recently started to use Google Docs more than Microsoft Office documents, which we link through each task's "Links" section. We've found this to be a great extension to LP. At the same time, we still often upload documents, especially for version management and published documents.

Cons:

We manage a lot of tasks across a small team. The more tasks we have, the more difficult it is becoming to stay on top of them. The search feature has improved dramatically over the past few months. So that has helped a lot. But, we still find ourselves on occasion creating duplicate tasks, because the original isn't immediately apparent.

The single sheet approach to a task has it's own pros and cons. But in my opinion, having separate tabs for "Task", "Planning", "Notes", etc would be a better approach. It would be even better to have flexibility to add custom tabs, so each task could have multiple note fields on their own tabs. I would use this to have a tab for Contacts, for example, and another for general notes. Ideally, this could be set up as a template, so that every task I create would automatically have the tabs I want.

Managing task dependencies is cumbersome.

Export tasks to PDF is cumbersome (or maybe I don't know how to use it right).

Support client

LP is great for process control

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

LP is great for planning, but it is good for so much more! As a Quality Manager, I use LP to help maintain quality standards by implementing templates for various product types. Checklists ensure that standard tasks are followed and nothing is skipped. LP helps me feel confident that our defined processes were followed for each project and keeps processes from going out of control. LP is also flexible enough for me to implement customizations for error checking and continual process improvement ideas.

Inconvénients

The search functionality is lacking. Filters are OK for broad searches. If I want something specific I have better luck searching my email for LP comments than using the LP search functionality.

Refreshing Change from Previous Project Management Applications

Publié le 22.09.2015
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

** PROS
-Our number one reason for moving from Wrike to LiquidPlanner is the ability to maintain and monitor resource forecasts for our team of CRM consultants.
-LiquidPlanner has many of the features we love about simpler applications like BaseCamp, Asana, etc; however, it also includes the additional project management attributes and features to make it useful for a consulting organization (e.g. delay until, estimated effort, etc.)
-Priority-based scheduling, custom fields and dashboards / analytics make LiquidPlanner a great fit for our team of specialists that work in 3 offices across Western Canada.
-Attributes like remaining effort, max effort, daily limits, etc. make it really simple to communicate boundaries to our consultants in a simple and consistent manner
-We absolutely love the ability to layout a project plan with a finite set of resources without having to hardwire task dependencies to get a sense of schedule. We're never going back to MS Project.
-Online documentation and videos is proving to be extremely useful. Nice job providing materials that reflect how we work as opposed to focusing only on software features.

** CONS
-Although it's a key feature of LiquidPlanner, we're not yet at a state where we're comfortable working with ranged estimates because we haven't quite figured out how to align them with our proposed budgets. Our statements of work are based on time and materials. The struggle is not with the concept (makes total sense) - it's with the data entry. If we estimate 100 hours of effort for our client then what do we enter as Estimated Effort in LiquidPlanner?
-Lack of Invoicing Features. We're currently migrating time sheet data from LiquidPlanner to FreshBooks for billing purposes. Either a pre-built integration OR an invoicing feature would be a great addition to LiquidPlanner.

Good Project Management Software for the Right Company

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

LiquidPlanner is a fully featured Project Management software. It has made robust gains in analytics and dashboard reporting in the last few releases which when used in tandem with custom fields can be quite useful.

The biggest selling point and also the biggest difficulty (for our business model) is the adaptive scheduling which uses ranged estimates to automatically schedule resources across multiple projects. This works really well IF LiquidPlanner is up to date, and IF everyone is a full time resource. Using it with contractors who have limited or variable availability has been a little tough since there is no way to model this across time. There is a setting to adjust availability by day of week, but as a reoccurring standard (as in, someone always only has 4 hours on Friday). User adoption is really key to getting the full value of the software - more than with other products in my experience.

It doesn't stand alone like an MS Project, so it is not necessarily great for external, client-facing uses. There are portals to bring external team members in, but there has been less advance on that front than in the dashboards/analytics in recent releases. It does have a robust commenting feature which is often more convenient than emailing since it keeps all of that conversation with the task, hours, estimates, etc in one place.

The team at LiquidPlanner is extremely responsive, though. They take in suggestions and actually act on them. They respond to support requests quickly and thoroughly. It is a very high standard of customer service on that front.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the product to someone looking for a well-supported, innovative project management solution for teams that work only internally and with full time resources.

Support client

Excellent for managing multiple simultaneous projects/workstreams with a shared pool of resource

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois
Publié le 21.12.2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

LP allows us to forecast and manage over one hundred projects/workstreams across diverse teams who work on a number of different projects at the same time. This would have been too difficult (even impossible) to manage and represent in traditional PM software packages. Not only this, but it also adds collaboration tools to prevent documents going missing, to keep people focused on the task at hand without having to search for old email threads, to know who's working on what, and when, and I love the way LP promotes single tasking, which improves focus, quality of work, and motivation.

I'm just learning about the reporting and analytics functionality of LP, and it looks very good. If we want more reporting functionality we even have the option to export project data from LP into our MI report software for drilling down even further, but I'm not sure that we'll need to; LP's analytics appears to show some deep insights into projects and resourcing.

I can't recommend LP enough - it does require some careful planning and onboarding to get it right. We spent several months building our Workspace in LP. Unless you've a small team or a small number of projects running, I wouldn't recommend launching it quickly, or you risk leaving people behind and lack of adoption.

Avantages

Automated rescheduling of tasks and resources according to priority. Visibility as to what's really going on. Reliable project forecasting.

Inconvénients

No EU-based servers for our data. USA only.

Powerful, but Lacking

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

This is a software that is designed by an engineer without any UI experience. Overall, it's very powerful, but there's a lot of key features missing (or hidden) that would make any average user feeling intimidated. Liquid planner begins off assuming you're a master at understanding its layout. So unless you have a lot of time set aside to learn the ins and outs, this is going to be a long and wild ride. Once you've fully mastered the UI, and features, just hope that your fellow team members have done the same. This isn't a software that is easily picked up. Good luck, you're going to need it.

Avantages

Powerful tools that can help manage a time line.

Inconvénients

No calendar view. Not easy to get use to it. Horrible UI. Slow. Average users will take a while to get use to it.

5.0/10

Great Platform

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Love this platform. We started off using asana and saw the need for something greater with more features. Luckily in our search we came across LP which solved a ton of our reporting needs, timeline needs, as well time management needs all into one platform, while at the same time having the ability to keep all communications on each project in one location. Any company can greatly benefit from the software and see immediate results.

Avantages

Time Management, Reporting, Central Communication hub for each project.

Inconvénients

I liked the previous layout. So much more user friendly

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Good Software but needs some additions

Publié le 13.03.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

All in all the software does the job but could use some improvements. It needs and issues section to track issues either at the task level or project level. Time entry major issue, if someone makes a mistake in entering time it takes it away from the estimated time but when corrected it does not put it back. The time issue of not putting back the incorrect time causes extra work because you now need to go back and correct the estimated time as well.

Avantages

Ease of use and flexibility of scheduling

Inconvénients

Time entry errors and what you need to do to correct it.