LiquidPlanner

Logiciel de gestion de projet dynamique pour les entreprises modernes.

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

656 avis

Jackson

The Perfect Project Management Tool

Publié le 14/02/2019

LiquidPlanner (or LP) is our time tracking and project management solution that allows us to plan and forecast, as well as look back at tracked data to become better. Overall, we are not looking to change any time soon as this tool is so embedded in the way we run our business.

Avantages

This software helps our agency thrive and manage a lot of work with ease. We have out entire in house team as well as select contractors set up in this tool for our time tracking and project management of tasks and projects. It offers tons of flexibility and allows us to follow a hybrid waterfall/agile approach to managing work. Schedules are easy to create and export on the fly, reassigning team members and forecasting are easy, etc. It's also very easy to prioritize project work and escalate accordingly and look out and plan months in advance.

Inconvénients

Might be a little outdated feeling in that there isn't a Trello-style board to drag and drop projects/tasks/people, though there is a similar functionality still built in to the tool. It's also not really designed to allow external project teams (your clients) into the system, but there are workarounds.

Ben
  • Secteur d'activité : Services et technologies de l'information
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 501-1 000 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Loaded with features and very intuitive

Publié le 12/12/2019

We are able to track all pieces of a project and report on status very easily.

Avantages

Very feature rich, accessibility via web and mobile and analytics reporting are some of the big pros.

Inconvénients

It is a bit pricy compared to some of the other options, but the value is there if you are using it regularly.

Alternatives envisagées

Zoho CRM et Wrike

Pourquoi passer à LiquidPlanner

Great customer support and constantly adding new features to make the software more flexible and easy to use.
Eric
  • Secteur d'activité : Collecte de fonds
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Good communication but enough features to be awkward

Publié le 06/12/2019

Like many project management software solutions, LiquidPlanner wants to be everything to everybody. That's great in the robust features it offers but than can come with a learning curve.
What is nice about the software is that it allows us to maintain project information and progression even when the project is delayed--perhaps by several months--which is frequent for us. The ability to consolidate progress reports, working files and samples in one place allows us to pick up easily where we left off.

Avantages

It allows for multi-platform communication between teams that are separated by distance and also time. Since project statuses are sent to email, I can respond through my email back to the software to offer updates and answers when I am away from my desk.
The drag and drop capability of including word, spreadsheeet and pdf files allows for information to be posted to the project entry allowing us to maintain project oversight at all times.

Inconvénients

It can be complicated to new users. The interface isn't immediately clear for helping a new user understand what the product can offer. While I can respond to a email sent to me from the software, I cannot email the project directly for status updates.

Betsy
  • Secteur d'activité : Services et technologies de l'information

Very Helpful Product

Publié le 18/10/2022

LiquidPlanner has been very helpful for me to understand everything that my team is working on, help me prioritize their work so it is clear, and also understand when projects will be completed.

Avantages

I like 2 things most about this software: 1. The top-down scheduling engine2. The ability to use a "package" to pull tasks from different projects and prioritize them amongst themselves for any given week. This helps our resources who work on multiple small projects understand the priority of the tasks against everything they are working on.

Inconvénients

Understanding what pushes a resource load color coding to red. Sometimes it's obvious why a resource is overloaded. Other times, not so much.

katherine
  • Secteur d'activité : Hôpitaux et soins de santé
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 10 000+ employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 3.0 /10

Not flexible enough to be an all-in-one project and task management software

Publié le 06/06/2022

I liked LP for a long time but the notes section is awful so there was always a hole and required the use of other tools to manage design and long lists of action items for a task. The refresh on the kanban board has also gotten buggier over time so using it in meetings when you are quickly moving from task to task has been frustrating. I also struggled with limitations around requiring information and adding fields for task/project tracking that meant I had to always use tools outside of LP to communicate with other teams involve in a project, business sponsors and IT leadership. I have moved all of my real tracking into Notion where I have complete control over all of this and it has improved my team's productivity immeasurably! I will likely move completely away from LP in the future because it just is too rigid and inefficient.

Avantages

I like the conversation that LP forces around how much time something will take and the idea that building out a list of smaller to-do's will help you identify how much time a task will take to complete. I like LP so much more than a traditional project management tool.

Inconvénients

There is a lack of flexibility when looking at projects and tasks together. In Notion, I am much more able to plan out task due dates across multiple projects and tasks that are in-flight at the same time. LP does not have enough flexibility to really meet the needs of a small team working on lots of things at the same time. It is too siloed.

Réponse de LiquidPlanner Traduire en français

Katherine

Thank you for your candid and thorough feedback. We value customer feedback and incorporate it into our product development. We are so glad that LiquidPlanner helps your team estimate timelines more accurately. Ranged estimation is one of our core product features unique to other project management tools. We are sorry to hear that you are struggling to plan projects across your team's portfolio. Please reach out to me. We believe our team of experts can help your team solve any portfolio management problems.

We also wanted to inform you that we completely rebuilt our tool based on feedback like yours last year. We invite you to try out our NEW LiquidPlanner product as we think it will solve the communication challenges you have been experiencing with the Classic product.

Reach out to us anytime if you are experiencing problems. We are always here to help make your team as efficient as possible!

- Ted Hawksford, CEO

Powerful project management tool

Publié le 15/07/2022

Avantages

LiquidPlanner is a powerful online tool for managing activities, workloads, and plans. This can automatically and dynamically schedule work for your entire team even when circumstances change.

Inconvénients

Setting up projects and learning to use them requires a lot of time.
There is no interactive Gantt chart and no attachments other than images or milestones.

Kevin
  • Secteur d'activité : Conseil en gestion
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

LiquidPlanner's Superpowers and its Impact on Your Profits

Publié le 10/11/2022

We wanted to increase On time Percentage of our Engineer to Order process to over 90% to get more business, which we did, increasing profits, along with the ability to take on more work and reduce chaos on the manufacturing plant floor. Basically a lever for profit making.

Avantages

The most basic difference between this software and others is a simple acceptance that task times vary. However, no other tools account for that, which leads to an unseen paradox. If you are estimating a project to be finished by using the average length of each task, then the predicted lead time will always be wrong! LiquidPlanner can be used as part of the Theory of Constraints Critical Chain Project Management process, which I have used to get OTP consistently over 95%.

Inconvénients

At this time, Critical Path is not available in the new version but is offered in the Classic version.

Dan
  • Secteur d'activité : Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif

Best Project Management Tool

Publié le 18/11/2022

Liquid Planner affords us to keep up with projects and assures us of ways to work on a project from beginning to end.

Avantages

The ease of putting everything into LP to the completion of a project is so easy with LP. The flow of work dealing with a project is simplified to the point that the work is effortless.

Inconvénients

The only drawback that I witness with LP is the fact that it is designed for huge organizations and we are a small organization. Still small organizations can groom it to fit their specific needs.

Beth
  • Secteur d'activité : Machines

Liquid Planner

Publié le 24/11/2022

Customer support is poor.

Avantages

Compact, ease of use. Package concept is nice, things can be moved around easily.

Inconvénients

More colors need to be available in the data customization, the few that are there are not enough.

Myriam
  • Secteur d'activité : Fabrication électrique/électronique
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

LiquidPlanner

Publié le 27/08/2018

Liquid Planner is a great tool to manage small demand/task on a daily basis, but it's difficult to follow big project within the same workspace.

Avantages

Dynamic tool and Manages overall priorities

Inconvénients

- When there is a change in a project, everything else changes without notice. I don't know that the dates on my project were moved, why and by whom.
- Multiple Assignment: I would like to have the possibility to decide if the remaining time is cumulative or specific to each one. In other words, if total = 20 hours, 4 assignee's, I would like to have the availability to identify if the Remaining time is per person or will be redistributed to the 4 assignee's.
- Filter by tags is using only "OR" logic... It would be useful to be able to filter also by "AND".
- Limit of 100 lines in Dashboard
- When I create a Favorite View, it would be useful to have the possibility to share it with another person.
-"+" sign should show only when there is something inside the project / Sub Project / Package.

Avery
  • Secteur d'activité : Jeux vidéos
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 201-500 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

Really powerful for project managers, less good for other users

Publié le 14/08/2018

Avantages

Really powerful, the gantt chart overview was really useful while our estimates were kept up to date. Project-focused organization allows us to keep a broad view of a complex project and tagging and export features are able to generate a variety of views of our data in an organized way.

Inconvénients

Our executive team and eventually our developers stopped using it. Primary interface of the projects tab was too overwhelming & complex. No way to give teams a link that included the filters down to what they actually care about or give people a link to the exact view & set of filters that I was sharing during screen sharing. Not enough integration with external services (github, perforce, JIRA, bug tracking). Quite expensive. Overwhelming interface meant users didn't update tasks, which meant our data got out of date. Gantt chart stopped being accurate or useful and just got overwhelming. Dashboards could be made for visibility but didn't offer the teams opportunities to modify a limited view. Not easy enough to link to a specific task, or generate a new ticket in the right place with a simple link to a user-speakable identifier like a ticket-based system. Still great for people who are technically minded and want the big picture, not great for people who want a limited view of a subset of the project or are too busy to learn how to use the tool effectively.

Dave

LiquidPlanner review

Publié le 06/12/2019

We are using LiquidPlanner to capture, track, and manage our department's projects and tasks.

Avantages

LiquidPlanner allows our teams to track thousands of tasks across hundreds of projects. Features critical to us include the ability to effectively view hundreds of projects, define sub-folders (ie. summary tasks) more than one level deep, and define filter views (to limit on screen content) are critical features.

Inconvénients

No ability to create private projects and tasks. No ability to create more than one workspace. No ability to assign or limit personnel access per project (only per your single workspace). The very limited functionality of the mobile application make it effectively useless.

Kerry
  • Secteur d'activité : Fabrication électrique/électronique
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 501-1 000 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Great but room to improve

Publié le 06/12/2019

Liquid Planner has helped us be more organized and has helped us manage several projects at once. Being able to see expected project completion dates and expected hours to complete is helpful.

Overall I am very pleased with Liquid Planner but wish it was better in the areas I mentioned.

Avantages

I like sevaral things about Liquid Planner. Here are just a few.

I like the project management in general. I like the range of hours for tasks. This helps improve overall project scheduling.

I like being able to add custom fields to tasks and projects.

I like the ability to do ASAP Tasks.

Inconvénients

While great, Liquid Planner is not perfect.

I wish the reports and analytics worked a bit more intuitively. There are several things that I have tried to do that I have not been able to figure out. Some I have been able to resolve with customer support. Others I found were things that are not possible.

Although Liquid Planner is set up great for tracking time for projects it doesn't work well for projects that are firm fixed priced. Most of the projects we work on here are firm fixed priced. I am aware of the baseline feature, but frankly it just isn't very good, nor are the graphs for tracking to plan.

There are a few other things that I'm not remembering at the moment.

Extremely Robust Project Management Software

Publié le 12/12/2019

We use LiquidPlanner for managing virtually everything within our business. From internal tasks to external client tasks. We even manage volunteer hours and PTO scheduling within LiquidPlanner, and we export all of our LP data into our accounting software for billing and invoicing. It's basically the backbone of our organization.

Avantages

LiquidPlanner makes tracking multiple large, complex projects possible and easy (after the initial learning curve).

It provides fully customizable dashboards that can be set up per project or per user (or both) and robust reporting. It also allows you to get a good view of what's coming up in relation to how much bandwidth each user has to manage it, as well as how the team's bandwidth affects the project/task expected completion date.

It just has SO MUCH!!!

Inconvénients

It has a fairly steep learning curve. Our team has been using LiquidPlanner for over 4 years and we are still learning various nuances of the platform or better implementations. Also, the UI could use a serious update and it's not at all mobile-friendly (the mobile app is also a joke). But none of that would deter us from using it because it provides so much value that we haven't been able to find in any other system.

George
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an

LiquidPlanner - built for people who are not PMs

Publié le 26/10/2019

We needed an application to organize projects for our IT team. This was the easiest to use and implement. Pricing was also reasonable at the time.

Avantages

We were able to set up Liquidplanner (LP) within a few hours. We fine tuned it in the weeks/months to come. But it worked for our team. We were able to easily enter our projects and tasks. Other PM sofware require multiple fields to be entered before your data can be tracked. I as the manager can then track the amount of hours, work pending for the various projects. I can show upper managment nice reports of the work we accomplished and work pending. If I ran into an issue with LP, I call support and they were able to quickly help me. The training videos also helped.

Inconvénients

There really no much I can complain of. When we transitioned to another PM software, we called LP and they help me dump all of our data. That was very nice of them. The new PM software we transitioned to was not so nice. It was hard to use, just seemed like trying to put a square peg in a round while. To update a task you have to go through 5 screens and udpate 10 fields. I wished we stayed with LP.

Jayna
  • Secteur d'activité : Institutions religieuses

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

LP

Publié le 18/04/2019

I use LP every day to manage our department's projects. We do not use all of the features for our smaller in-house team, but the project list, assigning owners, comments feature, file sharing and flexible prioritization features keep our workflow more streamlined and efficient. I also like that we can add freelance contractors to our workspace so the whole team can collaborate in one space. Again, it takes a little more time getting people acquainted with the system, so it would save me time if the UI and navigation were easier to understand.

Avantages

LiquidPlanner helps us stay organized and keeps all of our team's communications in a centralized place. I like that the scheduling and prioritization of projects is flexible. And I like that we can adjust the number of seats each month as the size of out team and freelance staff changes.

Inconvénients

It seems difficult for people to catch on to the UI quickly. Most of our staff took a while to adjust to the way LP works and how to most effectively use the software. It might be worth looking into more user testing to find ways to make the navigation and data entry more intuitive.

• Secteur d'activité : Logiciels

Awesome Project Planning Tool

Publié le 06/09/2018

In my organization, we have a shared pool of resources and several project managers. Using Liquid Planner lets all the PMs see the whole picture in a very interactive way. No secrets here! This tool really helps us to schedule in a collaborative way which is much more productive than arm wrestling for resources.

Avantages

Very easy to use, but also robust project planner. The priority-driven schedule makes getting a snapshot of your overall project a breeze. Not making your dates? Rearranging the priorities of tasks simply by drag and drop to see the outcome. Reporting is easy and offers many options and the dashboards are very helpful.

Inconvénients

I do wish there were more reporting options to allow greater customization. I know they have an API for this sort of thing, but I don't want to dig into that. Just a few more fields, options and customization opportunities would be nice. I do have to say that their support team is always very interested in hearing about customer wants and needs, so to be fair, I have not actually requested any of these reporting wish list items yet.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

Expensive but the Features are Worth It

Publié le 12/02/2017

I used this product for myself, because the firm I work for uses Microsoft Planner (free) which is crap. Liquid Planner isn't perfect, but it's one of the best out there. I like that it schedules my time for me. My main complaint is that you cannot assign clients to tasks like you can for projects. It is obviously optimized for companies that work on very large, involved projects, whereas, I do many short, discrete projects - like writing a NR or a newsletter. I set these up as tasks because it isn't worth the time to set up a project. Then, I have to nest them inside a project folder to assign them to a client. Frustrating

Avantages

Excellent time tracking and scheduling features, bonuses like setting dependencies, and comprehensive analysis and reporting features.

Inconvénients

Optimized for large, involved projects and as a result the Task designation isn't as helpful as it might be. Needs richer functionality in Tasks for short projects where it isn't worth setting up a project folder.

Rebekah
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 201-500 employés

LiquidPlanner review

Publié le 10/11/2021

Avantages

I have lots of projects going on at the same time, all the time. LiquidPlanner is SO helpful in keeping each project straight, and all the folders and projects within each project. I'm never working alone, so being able to see where my teammates are at in their projects helps me gauge where we're at overall. There are so many features about LiquidPlanner that I love and it's incredibly hard to pick just one to talk about!

Inconvénients

It has taken our team quite a bit of time to use LiquidPlanner to its more full potential. I know even now, we aren't using it to its full capacity. We have so much going on that we don't have the time to slow down and pick apart the features. It's a lot of trial by error and "I didn't know we could do that with LP!" is said pretty often -- which is a good thing!

Henrik
  • Secteur d'activité : Compagnies aériennes/Aéronautique

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

The potential of the system is excelent

Publié le 09/03/2017

I find the concept to be the best way to manage projects, but the interface, lack of costumizability causes an unnecessary interface complexity. There are so many items and features that could be hidden from the average user.

But the biggest down side to the service is the complete lag of a notification system, making the task chat risky and out dated.

I also find the price tag to be too high, especially for smaller innovators and teams. But I guess you prefer big clients and not small clients.

The mobile app unfortunately is a very sad story, would love to use it but it is so slow and out of date that I find it unusable.

Avantages

The project planing and the system as a hole

Notification system
Mobile app

Ian
  • Secteur d'activité : Internet

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Does everything we need in one place

Publié le 08/03/2017

We turned to LiquidPlanner as we needed a way to handle a lot of projects and clients in one place, with multiple members of staff assigned to each, all tracking time against different tasks within a project.

LP enables us to analyse staff performance, billable hours logged against a task, project or client and apportion resources accordingly. It's central to our business and also means we can provide transparency and accuracy to clients when reporting on what work we have done for them.

Our staff find it helps them to manage their workload, collaborate and understand dependencies easily. It takes a little time for new starters to get used to clicking the button to time everything they do, but the benefits are enormous for us as an agency.

Reporting
Task management
Project structuring

Inconvénients

Per-seat licensing gets expensive as the team grows or if you use a lot of freelancers.
Some quirks to the interface, could be more intuitive.

Katherine
  • Secteur d'activité : Gestion de l'enseignement

Instructional Design perspective

Publié le 11/04/2019

Overall this is a great product.

Avantages

Great way to organize your projects if you are following from a true project management perspective in which various entities can't be done without the completion of another. A lot of features and customization to make it your own experience.

Inconvénients

After filtering projects and such, you can't organize it the way you want to, such as in alphabetical order, numerical, or priority. The filters it contains eliminates items, and i like to see everything. We do a form of project management but not in the true textbook sense, as certain tasks and items do not stop us from completing something, everything can still keep moving. Our process is a mix of qualitative and quantitative.

Bob

From An Interesting Idea To An Essential Tool

Publié le 10/02/2016

I am the principal of a medium sized engineering design consultancy, working mostly in the construction and design worlds. We work on some very challenging and innovative projects, where team work and complexity are everyday issues. We had struggled for many years trying to manage our design work with spreadsheets, project management software, time sheets, etc and so on. We always started off with a great plan, but then found it impossible to keep that plan up to date as projects progressed, and then ended up making do.

When we found Liquid Planner we were intrigued by the on-line accessibility and by it allowing multiple simultaneous users; everything could be centralised off site, and could be accessed out of hours from anywhere. We took the plunge in January 2014 and switched everyone over to Liquid Planner overnight. We developed a simple easy to use system for organising all of our projects in one single space, and it worked straightaway. We developed packages for each person, what we call Now Boxes, in which they shuffle their own priorities whenever they want. We incorporate dependencies to tasks, and so warnings pop up when staff move things that adversely affect task sequences. Time sheets are entered accurately in real time, and everything worked well from the off.

We then moved on to another level and, with some simple customising of the fields relating to tasks, we used Liquid Planner to re-invent our quality assurance system. As structural engineers checking and quality is an essential part of our work, and with some simple tweaks Liquid Planner become our quality assurance system, and has been approved as such by our British Standard Institution ISO 9001 inspectors. In fact they were amazed at how easy and immediate our system was.

Clicking and dragging on the gant chart would be nice. Also the space devoted to obscure things like date shift windows would be better spent on making diary views more accessible.

We love it and are always singing its praises; it is like a member of our team.

Justin

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Great web application but...

Publié le 09/12/2019

It solved one of the biggest problems for us, managing over 90 projects at once with a small team of ~5 people. To allow our team to manage task, provide updates and work from there. It reduced management time as well.

Avantages

The solution is great. It can handle hundreds of task and keep everything organized and ordered. The ability to have unique views per team member is also great. Schedule is powerful and is always up to date. You can also have virtual members which are not "seats" and is perfect for clients.

It also have a very powerful API

Inconvénients

The interface looks from the 90s.
The mobile app is pointless.

Mike
  • Secteur d'activité : Édition

Long term user of Liquid Planner

Publié le 25/04/2019

I use Liquid Planner to manage all my technology projects across the entire organization. The tool has worked out very well with my project manager and the people who are executing the projects.

Avantages

The tool is easy to ease into and doesn't require you to use all the features to use. Once comfortable with the basics, adding additional features into your projects in simple and intuitive.

Inconvénients

There isn't a good way to separate business units within one instance of the tool. Either you have to be ok with visibility across business units, or have to maintain multiple accounts along with multiple license costs.