CosmoLex

Logiciel web de comptabilité et de gestion de cabinet juridique

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

314 avis

Danny

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Overall I am very satisfied.

Publié le 26/04/2019

Avantages

It is Easy to use and has logical organization.

Inconvénients

Certain features are very difficult to correct mistakes in, and the existing videos and articles are not helpful to me in resolving.

Keeley

Best product

Publié le 14/12/2019

CosmoLex has been a great product for Bing Law. Customer service is beyond helpful.

Avantages

Bing Law loves this program. User friendly and easy to navigate through. Beyond helpful for accounting.

Inconvénients

Bing Law would like to see more options in the pull down menus for billing matters and for the case matters.

QuickBooks Online Advanced

Pourquoi passer à CosmoLex

CosmoLex had far more to offer for our office and out needs that Quickbooks could.
Aaron
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 2-10 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 1.0 /10

Time to Switch to a New Service

Publié le 22/03/2021

I regret everyday not simply using Quickbooks and Clio like a lot of other law firms do. We are going to try a demo with a few other products, Abacus and CaseManager, but I really don't think you can go wrong with Quickbooks especially if you want the payroll integrations. We're basically paying twice the price of Clio and other time-management options for accounting software that does not work.

Avantages

We liked that it appeared to have a bunch of services wrapped up into one--time-keeping for billing, accounting software similar to Quickbooks with an automatic feed into our accounts, and email archiving/practice management. The time-keeping component works well although you would think it would be easier to do mixed-fee or alternative fee arrangements given that these are the fastest growing in the legal industry.

Inconvénients

The accounting system is a joke. The bank-feed regularly just stops syncing with no notification. We have spent so much time reconciling our books this year as a result of issues that Cosmolex refuses to address claiming its the result of their third-party vendor. We recently needed to transfer a file, and in going to export the emails, we learned that we would need to go into each email, print to PDF, and manually save! When I asked why this wasn't explained in the marketing materials as we would never have used Cosmolex for email storage if we knew that it would require this much work to actually use or access the emails, I was given instructions for how to download the emails from my Outlook account directly. Then why am I paying to use Cosmolex?

Lastly, the customer service has been consistently terrible. The chat function used to be helpful--but it appears they outsource it now, and it's no longer a benefit as the users can only refer you to articles. Additionally, we are constantly being told that they will make changes in response to our feedback (and presumably the feedback of others) but the only changes that have been made in the past few years have made the program less helpful. Where were the increased integrations we were promised? Why can't they figure out the syncing with their vendor?

Quickbooks Online et Clio

Pourquoi passer à CosmoLex

The ability to have accounting and billing in one place.
Susan

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

CosmoLex does everything needed to keep our firm under control

Publié le 19/10/2022

We saw the biggest impact in time and billing -- it's easy to mark down the "tiny" slices of time because you are already in the file. Less chance of not documenting phone conversation or expense as you don't have to exit one program to enter into another.

Avantages

Billing/Invoicing/Payment management and Account reconciliation features are what I like best -- easy to stay on top of the flow

Inconvénients

I don't have a "least" -- I find CosmoLex easy to use and it does everything I need to keep our office well managed!

Cleo Integration Cloud

Pourquoi choisir CosmoLex

Our time and billing program became obsolete and just STOPPED working.

Pourquoi passer à CosmoLex

Cost was the biggest factor.
Lynda

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

The staff is really helpful and friendly.

Publié le 12/07/2017

Three software packages for billing, client accounting and back-end was TOO MUCH!

Avantages

Everything was in one place. I didn't have to generate bills in one package, enter them in another for tracking income, and then pay them in two places as well. It is also great to be able to write a cost check in a case and have the expense "attached" to the client's accounting file/bill in a seamless matter with just an additional click or two. We were promised an easy migration with all the support we needed, and that is what the team at Cosmolex delivered!

Our accountant was also able to access the system for his end of the year work and add all of his journal entires and such and close out the books quickly and easily. The ability for us to generate P&L reports and other important accounting documents literally on demand is also pretty awesome.

But the best part about Cosmolex, by far, is their incredible support team. They have never been stumped, and I've done my best to do just that! Every time I have a question, I get a prompt and complete answer, generally by phone, from one of their support staff who know me and my firm on a first-name basis. I don't think I could be nearly as effective in a dual-role position without this software!

Inconvénients

I can't think of anything additional at this point; they have added all MY wishlist items! I think the only thing they could add at this point is a "hotline" 24/7!

Mark

CosmoLex Review

Publié le 21/03/2022

Great.

Avantages

The accounting features for trust account and integrated credit card processing.

Inconvénients

This software has met expectations and performed well. It has done about everything that a small law firm could ask.

PracticePanther Legal Software et Clio
Utilisateur vérifié

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Cosmolex works well

Publié le 07/05/2019

I like Cosmolex in most ways better than my old software but Cosmolex could still take some steps to improve the functionality and robustness of the software.

Avantages

I like the online nature of the software and how easy it is to use.

Inconvénients

There are some serious deficiencies with the functionality of Cosmolex especially for use in Canada. There are many reports that it won't generate. Trying to deal with GST is extremely difficult.

Réponse de CosmoLex Traduire en français

Hello - Thank you for your response and candid feedback. There is a full deck of tax reporting as well as Law Society Compliance Reports available for use in the reports section. Our users' experience is our top priority so please reach out to us at support@cosmolex.com to further discuss, or receive assistance in navigating the various reports we provide.

Deborah

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Cosmolex was an easy choice

Publié le 09/10/2017

Avantages

Cosmolex lets me have the bigger picture in one piece of software. I can easily see how my business is doing from the dashboard.

Inconvénients

I would like to have a report that shows trends and exports to excel so I could create graph charts. It would also be nice to be able to produce an invoice showing the work put into a fixed fee matter.

Elisabeth
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Steep learning curve but worth it

Publié le 26/05/2022

Great tech support and onboarding help.

Avantages

Integrated trust and general accounting and easy bank recs make it a winner.

Inconvénients

Almost too many features so a steep a learning curve.

Utilisateur vérifié
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant Essai gratuit

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

IT was great but....

Publié le 24/07/2019

Avantages

For solos and small firms, the built in accounting was a definite selling point. Filled with features and the customer support was great.

Inconvénients

No add ins or integrations at the time of my free trial. This limited the functionality . As a growing firm, I wanted a case management system that would grow with me. The lack of integrations concerned me and ultimately was the deciding factor as to why I didn't select cosmolex.

Amy

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 0.0 /10

Leaving CosmoLex after 60 frustrating days

Publié le 08/08/2020

I manage 3 small law firms. One of my firms moved from Prolaw to CosmoLex 60 days ago because management wanted to be 100% cloud-based, which Prolaw is not. Unfortunately, my CosmoLex experience has been really frustrating, to say the least.

As background, I have used Prolaw for over 20 years, which performs back and front office tasks (like CosmoLex). At another firm, I have used Clio with QBs for about 7 years with lots of success. At a 3rd firm, I use Bill4Time with QBs with lots of success.

I really tried to make CosmoLex work for the last 60 days. As the manager of 3 small law firms, I am a stickler for efficiency and productivity. Making small firms competitive with larger firms is a big part of my job. But unfortunately CosmoLex was a huge step backwards in that goal.

Avantages

You ALWAYS get a live person in customer service and they are GREAT! I have spent hours and hours on the phone, chat and email with many people in customer service in the last 60 days. It is really easy to get a live person, which is great! And I have been impressed with every single one of them. But unfortunately their answer is almost always: "I'm so sorry, CosmoLex cannot do that, I will add it to the list of features we could add." I haven't been around long enough to know if suggestions are actually ever incorporated into the software. Truthfully, so many features would have to be added to make this a viable program, I just can't wait to see.

There is a robust filter / search mechanism. Literally, those are the only good things.

Inconvénients

Everything else. CosmoLex is a great idea, but the execution completely fails at both the accounting and practice management components.

Entering data in the software is ridiculously inefficient - from simple time entries, which you have to choose from pulldown, scrolling menus rather than entering data quickly and tabbing through (there is NO tabbing through any data!), to an accounting system that is set up in inflexible, awkward components that make no accounting sense (not a debit or credit to be found), it just doesn't lend itself to efficiency or intuitiveness like most online billing programs. If you are used to customizable columns (who isn't?); screens in which you can edit, print, manipulate multiple items at one time; check boxes to select all or multiple items; or screens that show you totals like hours billed in a day, week or month, account balances, CosmoLex is gonna drive you crazy. It doesn't allow any of the above. There are so many downfalls, I truthfully don't know where to start.

Additionally, we purchased the migration service. Each person I worked with was amazingly knowledgeable and professional, but the actual migration was a disaster. After hours of work on my and CosmoLex's migration team's part, my non-financial data migrated into ComsoLex very unusable. Also, they do not actually migrate financial data. I was hoping to move at least 7 years of accounting, as well as, historical invoices from open matters, but that is not possible.

Michele

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Overall Review of Product- Our THoughts

Publié le 26/03/2017

Pros: One program for almost everything.

Cons: No document assembly; you can only link one person to the client portal; glitches in program- the program emailed an invoice to the wrong person; can not email through program; glitch- I had to give access to everyone for everything because the limited access features did not work; customer service is not the best; calandar portion has glitches when it interfaces with gmail and office 365.

Avantages

It is a comprehensive software. Its like having Quickbooks and a practice management program in one. This is the best feature.

Inconvénients

Lots of glitches: (a) it emailed an invoice to the wrong person; (b) user restrictions do not work in my office; (c) calendar is not on the main page- usability is difficult for some tasks; (d) you can only have one person assigned to the client portal.

Does not have email capabilities

Does not have document assembly

Does not have automatic assignment of matter numbers.

Limited reporting features- you can not tailor reports (financial)- very limited.

Hi Michele,
We appreciate your feedback related to your experience with CosmoLex. In regards to the issues you are having, please reach out to our support team directly at 732-595-9015 so that they can see first hand the issues you are experiencing, and assist with resolving. I will be entering the requests you have made as well, so that we can keep you up to date on their progress. As an additional note, we will be releasing Document Assembly within the next few months and are always open to hear your suggestions on improving our current reporting. Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Joshua

Great for Small Firms

Publié le 19/12/2019

Very satisfied.

Avantages

Comprehensive client management, including accounting.

Inconvénients

Sometimes a little hard to use some of the features, but they are always listening to feature requests.

Clio

Pourquoi choisir CosmoLex

They did not have all of the features.

Logiciel antérieur

Clio

Pourquoi passer à CosmoLex

PCLaw is not available for Macs.
Kristal

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

We chose Cosmolex because of the accounting feature

Publié le 25/06/2019

Avantages

We chose Cosmolex because of the accounting feature along with the other case management features as well as its interplay with Lawpay.

Inconvénients

I would like to be able to search the calendar for a particular name. For example, if I am trying to determine when I met with a potential client, I would like to be able to search their name. To add to this, I would like to be able to add the potential client to the calendar entry when I add a consult so I can search the PC and determine when I met with them.

As to the documents, I would like a way to search all the documents in the system. For example, I would like to be able to search for "Motion for Guardian ad Litem" and have all documents with that title, regardless of whose matter it is connected to.

I would like to be able to pull matter balances from the app.

Réponse de CosmoLex Traduire en français

Thanks for your feedback, Kristal! We're thrilled to hear that you're enjoying the advantages of an integrated accounting and practice management system. We're always looking to optimize our solution, so please feel free to make a feature request on our support site. Thank you!

Sarah

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

They are always innovating

Publié le 09/10/2017

Avantages

I wanted something that combined both the accounting and matter management in one place. What I like the most is the Customer Support. If I'm having a problem with taking a payment from a client, I can get on the phone and have them resolve the issue without delaying the client. I also like that they constantly ask us what other new functions we'd like to see. They are always innovating, and don't "drop" you once they've got your payment.

Inconvénients

I wish it would remember matter names and auto-populate that when adding a new client--then i'd like to be able to run reports based on the kinds of matters. I'd also like to be able to bulk mail using our clients' mailing addresses. Finally, I'd like to be able to add in court dates to the matters so that when I run reports, I can filter and organize them according to court dates, rather than client name. I like Cosmolex, but it's clearly set up for civil or other slow-moving firms, and not for traffic, which adds up to 10 clients a day and has many matter subject options.

Rebecca

Love it!

Publié le 18/12/2019

Very well. Customer service is excellent. Very user -friendly.

Avantages

We swapped from Abacus to Cosmolex a few years ago and its a MAJOR improvement. I love how it is continuously updated to better the program. It is very user-friendly and I love how customizable it is. I also LOVE the upgrade with the new spell check!

Inconvénients

Nothing right now. We are loving the latest updates!

Nicholas

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

CosmoLex staff know law and also know accounting.

Publié le 24/05/2019

Avantages

We simply have not found anything else that integrates true accounting with timekeeping and related legal process workflow. Everything else we've used (I could make a list) fell short in terms of features or else required integration among multiple platforms (at a higher cost).

Inconvénients

There is a bug in the reporting of accounts receivable that is causing us problems. We are eager to see that fixed. CosmoLex does not seem to have an internationally focused law practice in mind. We work with clients in 70 countries, in multiple currencies. We struggle a bit to make that work well--there are some hiccups.
Most other issues arise because our knowledge of accounting is poor, so we want to do things that should not be done (from an accounting perspective) or we don't know how to do them. Response time on our requests for help is sometimes slow. Our requests for additional features have not happened.

Herbert

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Cosmolex is the best solution for a small law office.

Publié le 01/08/2019

Time keeping, calendar, scheduling and accounting.

Avantages

Cloud based; access from anywhere. I can access my calendar from an iPad or iPhone.

Inconvénients

Some reports are not intuitive. But the knowledge base is easily accessed and will answer most questions.

Réponse de CosmoLex Traduire en français

Thanks for your feedback, Herbert! It's great to hear that you're enjoying the flexibility of the cloud. If you ever need help from our support team, please don't hesitate to reach out!

William

Excellent Law Practice Management App

Publié le 01/08/2016

have been using Cosmolex since its introduction and am very happy with the application. I started using the software just for trust accounting, but found its easy-to-navigate interface so easy to use that I started keeping time and expenses and using the billing function as well. Then Cosmolex added full back-end accounting functionality and I ditched my QuickBooks app altogether. Cosmolex continues to add functionality and compatibility. It's a great app for managing your law practice.

Easy-to-use interface
Accurate trust accounting
Broadening functionality
Complete integration of functions
Growing compatibility with other class-leading applications

Inconvénients

The only thing I am wishing for is the ability to generate documents from the Cosmolex database, but this is coming I am told!

Pete
  • Secteur d'activité : Immobilier

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

I can't imagine practicing law without this essential tool.

Publié le 24/03/2015

Avantages

My practice is focused primarily on residential real estate in NY and NJ and I represent a lot of lenders, so I have been relying upon Easy Soft’s hud-1 program and their billing/trust accounting program for years, so when I learned about everything CosmoLex had to offer, I was excited to jump in.

What really separates CosmoLex from the others is that it’s completely cloud based and also offers a full IOLA/IOLTA accounting system. I’m able to login from the office, from home, and even on the road from my smart phone to add billable events, log and print checks, or search for anything I need.

Because I’m a sole practitioner, I don’t have an IT department to help me install/upgrade my programs and the people at CosmoLex actually converted my existing data and had me up and running in about 15 minutes. Knowing that my data (and the programs) are off-site means less to worry about if and when a computer at my office should fail - and not having to worry about re-installing and restoring data (just knowing that it’s always safe and ready to access) makes sleeping at night a little easier.

The controls are intuitively setup and searching for matters by client or other keyword or searching transactions by dollar amount, etc., could not be easier. I’ve already watched some of their online tutorials and when those did not help me understand something, I contacted tech support for personalized support and training that did the trick every time!

Inconvénients

Nothing comes to mind so far. It's everything I need.

Talon

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Switched from PC Law in December of 2019 and never looked back.

Publié le 28/07/2021

Avantages

Integration with other software is key to its value.

Inconvénients

As they roll out new features, I sometimes encounter bugs. They've got a great response time and great customer service though when that happens.

Garth
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

It is a very stable product that is continually getting better.

Publié le 21/01/2019

Some of the shortcomings that I initially identified as possible deal-breakers have been remedied within the short time that I have been using the product (ex. the failure of multi-day events to properly appear on the calendar system). I am hopeful that the "ease of use" issues are addressed over time (quickly). Again, a very nice product overall, that has demonstrated an ability and inclination to get better.

Avantages

The integration of accounting and check preparation into the law practice package.

Inconvénients

The calendar is not easy to view and use. Quite frankly, I merely have linked to to my Outlook Calendar and avoid using the Cosmo calendar entirely. The other "con" which surfaces each time I use it, is that when you cycle to matters or clients, you cannot simply begin to type a name and have the system go to the name in the list. Being forced to do a search each time you want to go to a listing is really a time waste.

Yaakov

Great leap forward

Publié le 14/10/2020

Saves time, and allows use seamlessly from work, home, and mobile

Avantages

A great leap forward from our previous (non-cloud) software.

Inconvénients

None. It's at least as good as the prior software in every way.

Randy
  • Secteur d'activité : Immobilier
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 11-50 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

One of the most intuitive and robust programs out there.

Publié le 31/01/2019

Avantages

Incredibly easy to use. We use it to manage our trust account (although I know it does so much more), and the reporting complies with the multiple states in which we hold licenses.

Inconvénients

Why can't the font be easily changed for the address printing on checks? Due to the font, we cannot use a window envelope when mailing; we have to address another envelope.
Also, would like for it to separate different trust accounts out easier to run reports.

Karen

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

I love that you don't have to use Quickbooks

Publié le 14/06/2017

I decided to hang up my own shingle, so I needed software to handle the management of my office, especially since it was going to be just me by myself to start out.

Avantages

I love that you don't have to use Quickbooks to handle the money management aspect. Nothing against Quickbooks, but I don't have experience using it, and being a solo practitioner and needing to maximize the time I have, I appreciated not having to learn Quickbooks.

I also think the interface is user-friendly, and I love how everything can be tied back to a matter. I also really like how my bank accounts are linked with CosmoLex, so reconciliation is easy to complete, and I also appreciate how the software works with Casemaker for tracking research for a specific matter.

The best thing about CosmoLex, however, is the customer support. Not only are there humans available to help whenever I need assistance, but CosmoLex also provides a fantastic library of videos and FAQs, as well as weekly live training sessions. I don't ever worry that I'll be stuck without any help...they are always quick to respond to any issue I encounter.