Avis sur Pike13

Pike13

Client management software for fitness & arts instruction

4/5 (94 avis)

We like it!

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Glad we made the switch to this program. Although it doesn't provide everything we need yet, and although there are some things that I'm still doing manually due to some functions not working like our company needs, it does seem that FrontDesk is making frequent updates and changes to their product to meet the needs of customers. So, I'm hopeful that the features id like to see improvements on will be happening soon. Customer service has been helpful in hearing my frustrations and has been good with helping me find temporary work-arounds. Overall pleased with the product!

Avantages

Easy to use and love the accessibility though the phone app. This has been a good program for our small company budget too.

Inconvénients

We find the reporting to be difficult. It's ok when you need to pull one bit of info but if you need multiple layers of info/filters in one report its near impossible. You essentially have to run multiple reports and then compile the data from those several reports to get the info you need. This may not be the case for everyone, but it has been for our company. Several of our necessary reports are impossible to get and I've had to do a lot of searching for info the very difficult and long way. Customer service folks have been helpful in trying to find alternate work arounds but the reporting is my biggest issue with FrontDesk.

Love it...really....But...

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Short story - I was glad to find a software that gave me a lot I needed, but as my music school offers primarily one on me, private lessons, the class/gym structure made it pretty difficult to configure for my purposes. Good news, is FD Support was a great help! Also, the business model I must use of not having employees, but self employed contracted teachers, adds more difficulties of complexity and lack of ways to incentivize them to carry out necessary functions. Although not a problem of FD, but never-the-less, an issue I must deal with.

Avantages

Overall, in spite of comments above, I do love what Front Desk offers in the way of reporting and communications with my customers...and the Support team is really amazingly helpful and always willing to do whatever it takes. THIS is a true pass of an excellent company , to not just offer a great product or service but BE THERE for the users.

Inconvénients

Again, my biggest issue is functionally in my business model, as the structure of FD is based more on class offering and not geared toward private, one on one, services. I would also like to see more functions in breakdown of what staff members can and can not do.

Best All Around Management Software for our Music School

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois
Publié le 23.08.2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We looked at many others, from the low end to the very high end. We actually began deployment of another product and found that "the devil is in the details" - there were significant workarounds and changes to our business practices that would be required, and which we were not willing to make.

So we looked again, and found that, while not perfect, Front Desk did meet 100% of our "Must Have"s and the clear majority of our "Nice to Have" items without requiring us to squeeze into a predefined mold.

All the products out there have feature lists that sound great, but with most, the further we dug into actual implementation, the harder the task became. With Front Desk, instead I found that several of the business practices that make our school unique were handled very elegantly by the software. This is primarily due to the fact that Financials (payment plans, billing, etc.) are completely decoupled from Enrollments (maintaining Schedules, Attendance, etc). At first this was disorienting, but I soon realized it was the distinctive that provided much of the flexibility we needed.

Avantages

Very easy to use, modern / clean interface. The site is essentially identical on a Desktop and on Mobile devices. Note that some would say lack of an "App" was a Con (that was my first reaction) but the Mobile friendly website performs very well on all platforms.

Lots of flexibility around pricing models - per class as well as per instructor pricing, e.g. Prices, Discounts and Coupons are all clearly delineated in their roles and each is modifiable at time of sale. The Merchant Account Rates were the best we found also.

Viewing schedules for a few dozen teachers can be overwhelming; Front Desk has great flexibility in filtering the schedule (by person, activity, location, etc) as well as flexibility in presentation (list, day, week and month formats). Innovative use of colors also helps make attendance status clear at a glance.

I am also very pleased with how flexible the Customer view of the website is. The presentation of our "Course Catalog" can be very customizable, including defining what navigation tabs are available in the interface, etc.... not just what colors and icons are used! (We have yet to integrate the Front Desk website with our main site, but will do so next quarter.)

Inconvénients

The Payroll functionality appears good with one glaring exception, which is that it does not support hourly pay; instead, you use either commission rates or pay per task (as opposed to per hour). In other words, an instructor earning $20/hour must be separately configured to earn $15 for a 45 minute class and $10 for a 30 minute class. This makes payroll setup (and maintenance with changing rates) quite a bit more labor intensive. So, the system is flexible, but not very efficient. In our case, we've opted to use the reporting functionality to generate all payroll statistics we need, and roll them up in a spreadsheet, rather than take on the multiple Pay Rates per Instructor overhead. We can always adopt their Payroll tools later if we wish.

The Reporting function has apparently recently been revamped; the Interface has "Classic" and "New" Reports sections. So, my hope is that the New Reports functionality will be enhanced soon. The data content, and its filtering are very robust - however, right now there are still significant shortcomings; Column order/width cannot be adjusted, for instance. Reports can be grouped only at one level (by Instructor, or by ClassType, but not both).

These problems can all be worked around by using the Export to CSV or Excel to handle those requirements offline.

Hard copy printouts are also not very impressive for the schedules and reports, although they're functional.

Traduit par Google

FrontDeskHQ is the best client software on the market!

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I have been with FDHQ from the very beginning. Not only did they start off with a very solid product, they have improved incrementally over the years. They know their "Why" and do not stray from what they are really good at.

Avantages

Ease of use. I can train new staff members very quickly in how to use FDHQ. The mobile functionality is great, too.

Inconvénients

I wish their were billets for class services. That way I could assign different pay rates for each class to the same person for doing different jobs.

It would be a lot cleaner of a look if the FDHQ website could be separated by services and embedded into the gym website. Also, this would create a more seamless experience for the user.

Courses need to have wait lists.

Not worth it

Publié le 18.04.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I have been doing using FrontDeskHQ as my platform for my clients and facility for over 2 years, and they started out great! Online they taught me the ins/outs about how to use the features & functions, but soon they started changing them periodically and randomly, and inefficiently. What I could control among each client would depend on WHEN I acquired that client, and there was no way to change those. If I want to change a class, I have to go into each one individually; so not having a systematic way of updating current classes seems archaic. When they try fixing things it is dependent on me taking screen shots of every problem I am having, which I nor my clients don't have time to do and shouldn't be expected to. They are constantly trying to update their system, but the fact they still use both "new" and "classical" reporting systems makes financials a bit confusing. They have been charging more and more each month, and they blame it on the merchant processor, who then blames it back on FrontDesk HQ. Every time I ask about my rate they say I have the "old rate", but each month over more than triple that amount gets charged to my account, and it has nothing to do with my revenue! When I ask the merchant to explain the rate, they speak to me condescendingly and promise they have the lowest rate in the industry. I cannot wait to try all these other products offered out there. Don't waste your time, it's a very inefficient product.

Avantages

Clients think it is easy, and they have updated their system to send reminder emails and allow clients to get on a waitlist! Been wanting that for a long time.

Inconvénients

Dishonest rates, lack of quality systematic improvement making things more efficient for the trainer.

Traduit par Google

Poor development - no improvement in 2 years - Biggest Change was their name to confuse everyone.

Publié le 27.01.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Appointments for coaches, payscale, that's about it.

Avantages

works on mobile and ipad through web function, easy to take attendance in sessions, easy to see client images. payscale for paying coaches per client is best feature.

Inconvénients

again, no improvements in two years, hasn't updated any feature for sales, integration, Zapier integration - poor leadership, went to report functions as their key improvement for past two years, but doesn't work, integrate with Zapier or Google Sheets, doesn't allow shared reporting, so each staff person has to customize their own reports leaving a business to have more time on boarding, rather than less time to onboard. Focus was supposed to be easy for people to buy online and is actually the worst software to purchase online for parents of kids in a sports program. Lost thousands of dollars went we went to Front Desk from EZ Facility. As a former ICON Small Business Finalist with Infusionsoft, I DO NOT recommend this software to anyone wanting over per year in revenue. We've had to modify every feature of the software to make it work, would leave in a heartbeat if it didn't waste thousands of dollars in changing.

Don't waste your time

Publié le 18.11.2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

All too common software company switchero. They promise functionality, flexibility, and support, all of which mysteriously vanish once you are invested in the product enough that they hope the energy required to switch products is high enough that you make due with crap you have.

They have changed my pricing structure without my permission. They took away functionality despite my protest, and they have began trying to up-sell me on features and functionality that I have not requested nor desire. It's silliness like this that make me want to get into the software business, because apparently you can say whatever you want to make the sale and never actually have to deliver on those promises.

The most recent scam is to take away the reporting features I have been using for three years in order to "upgrade" me to a more expensive option that requires more of my time to figure out. Not helpful, not designed to be helpful.

the sales pitch

Inconvénients

the actual product that came after the sales pitch

NEVER SIGN UP WITH THEM

Publié le 02.12.2015
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME WRITING A REVIEW IN MY LIFE!
They don't care about your company.
If you ask questions and want them to help you, they get mad and accuse you!
If you want them to cancel, they charge you!

In the beginning, the sale rep Andrew Clark was great with providing information about their software. Every questions I had, he answered and gave great promises. FYI, I researched for a gym management software for 2 years and finally made a decision. I was forwarded to Halina and she gave me 2 30 minutes training session. I didn't like it because when I was about to start to learn about the software, the training session ended. She was always in a hurry to end the training.
Then I spoke with Chris, the migration team who was going to migrate all of my 400 clients for free. Then he said, he can't and will have to charge me for it, which was different from what was told by Andrew. But I didn't feel comfortable giving out all the credit card info to them so I said I will fill out the credit card information.
Moreover, I gave my merchant account to connect it to the software 3 weeks ago and still haven't connected it.

So, I asked to cancel my account because nothing was being done but just accusing me because I had a one busy week!
So they said, they will extend the free trial for until January of next year.
So I said that fine.
I tried to work with them but still didn't work out.
So I said to cancel my account.

NEXT THING YOU KNOW, THEY CHARGED ME!

I called Andrew, he hung up the phone on me. I called again, sent me to voicemail.

They don't care about your company.
If you ask questions and want them to help you, they get mad at you!
If you want them to cancel, they charge you!

Traduit par Google

Review from a Salsa school owner

Publié le 11.04.2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I tested many management systems and my final choice was Front Desk.

The main reason is that the front end and back end are well thought out and well layout. It doesn't take university level training to run this platform. It was made to be simple first. When testing some other platforms i would get lost in the setup process and I'm very knowledgeable of all tech stuff...

The sales staff and support staff is uber friendly and you always get the impression you're calling a friend....

Here in Quebec we have bilingual costumers. The system doesn't allow on the costumer side to pick their language. Once you pick your language all the system will reflect that language. This is an issue for some of our costumers and this could be a cool options to offer in the near future. Also, some of the french translation are bizarre and inaccurate¿ and some sections aren't fully translated.

There's some annoying bugs ( i already sent all this to their support team)

1. Locations don't display correctly this is confusing for my customers... Its been a couple of months and it hasn¿t been fixed... We have 3 locations and sometimes the incorrect location would show up on the client sent bills... I always get confused clients calls)
2. Not having a direct call line was a problem sometimes...
3. Bugs are fixed a little slow to my liking.
4. The selling enrollment layout on the admin side is just a mess¿ we have about 40 enrollments that we sell and they are organized randomly¿ we can¿t manually organize them either¿ so every time we sell stuff we have to go one by one¿ we loose a lot of time doing this.
5. There¿s no possibility to show and make a client accept terms and conditions in enrollments¿ its possible in classes but not enrollments¿ don¿t understand why?

Pros
Friendly customer service
Easy to setup
Clear Apple like layout
Cons
No possibility to call... They will call you if you request¿
Email support sometimes slow to respond more than 48 hours
Follow up on bugs is somewhat shaky.. sometimes I wouldn¿t get a return email
95% of our clients didn¿t sign the Docusign waiver upon registering¿ so the implementation of this option is not great
More bugs than I expected

Future wants
Capacity to segment each class in man and women section. Very use full when you run a latin dance school ( Mindbody gives you this option by putting a lead and follow option to each class )

Solid Platform

Publié le 05.01.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Front Desk HQ has an amazing team of support specialists that are incredibly responsive and patient with their customers. I just recently made a big transition with my strength and nutrition business and wouldn't have been able to make the switch if not for the expert team of professionals who assisted me throughout the process.

Avantages

It's honestly not as much about the software as it is about the people. I find the software requiring some workarounds

Inconvénients

It'd be cool if clients with account credits can have plans attached to them that are auto debited monthly instead of manually having to go in and do it. It'd also be nice to be able to create a plan that allowed for unlimited of one service and a set amount of another service so I don't have to sell one person multiple plans and have them accept multiple terms and conditions as a result.

Success with FrontDesk

Publié le 24.08.2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Allows us to automate processes that normally require hours of Labour. Best user interface on the market and none of their competitors come close to the end user experience as Front Desk has.

-User Interface
-Intuitiveness
-Customization of appearance
-Logical approach to page progressions from the front and back end of the software

Inconvénients

*Important to note that although constructive, these aren't the key features to Front Desk's software and are just based on our needs as a business.
-no virtual storefront for clients purchasing merchandise
-The only unintuitive feature in the software is the sign in kiosk
-No perfect merchant integration solution

Traduit par Google

Excellent software rich with features

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We've been using FD for 3 years and we have grown to rely on it and trust it. We especially like the thoughtfulness of features like time zone support that its competitors do NOT have.

Avantages

It is scalable and there is plenty of room for us to grow into it. The new bulk enrollment feature makes it easier than ever.

Inconvénients

No customer service telephone support. Can't tag plans and passes so they appear where you want them in the menu which forces you to make custom HTML menus. Clients sometimes find the interface confusing mainly because you can't just sign up for a class or workshop without going to the date of that class or work shop first.

Traduit par Google

Great Software. Improves our Business!

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Front Desk is awesome. Great, easy interface that maximizes the potential for our business. We have been able to manage our clients more efficiently and haven't even reached the tip of the iceberg on what we can do with the functionality.

Avantages

Easy to use. Great reporting. Extensive capacity on capabilities for varied business models. Makes life a heck of a lot easier!

Inconvénients

Depending on the customer service rep you get will depend on your service. Overall we have had an incredible time with their customer service, however sometimes they can be short with you and not fully answer your questions (to be fair- I have a lot of them so I would be short with me too). My only wish is that we had a little more offering of phone calls or webinars to review some more complex solutions.

Traduit par Google

We LOVE Pike13. They offer everything a small studio, or a large gym needs to operate.

Publié le 04.06.2018

Avantages

Ease of use, and reliability are amazing! But my FAVORITE thing is definitely the staff app. I can do almost everything from the staff app, so I can work from anywhere, at any time.

From running payroll to creating packages or plans, it does it all. Most apps come with limited function, but this software is almost as complete as the desktop version.

And what I love about the company is they are always trying to get better. We have been users for man years and they add things I haven't even thought about needing. Its a pleasure to be a customer.

Inconvénients

The reporting can be a bit confusing for me. Recently they have added a new reporting feature which has much more information, but I still struggle trying to see exactly what I need at times.
But I cant even call it a complaint. I had to really think of something to answer this question.

Great Yoga School Management Software

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

In the past we have used a couple of other yoga studio management softwares, including Mind Body Online. A little more than a year ago we switched to Front Desk and we have never had second thoughts. This software is at the same time intuitive and powerful.

Avantages

- Easy to use and does what it is supposed to
- An incredibly powerful integration with Mail Chimp that allows you to programme automated emails based on member/customer activity.
- Great reporting
- Customisable customer site / front end
- PayPal integration

Inconvénients

- A few features of minor importance are still missing

Traduit par Google

Pike13 works very well for our 85+ swim school franchise. User-friendly and quick learning curve!

Publié le 16.03.2018

Avantages

The software is very user friendly and has a quick learning curve for new users. Scheduling classes, managing multiple locations, processing automatic recurring billing for tuition, and booking recurring appointments are at the top of the list.
Having the ability to see class openings across the week allows staff to quickly sell enrollments to new and existing customers. Scheduling new classes is a simple process with just a few clicks. Customizing memberships is also a simple process and billing is automatic.
Pike13's Customer Service is outstanding and they really listen to feedback from their clients.

Inconvénients

The lag time in reporting is frustrating. I would like to see all reporting in real-time. I would also like the ability from the Franchisor side to control the standard service offerings across all locations.

Front Desk Review

Publié le 23.08.2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

As a FIT4MOM franchisee, Front Desk makes my life a lot easier than it otherwise would be, keeping track of scheduling, billing etc.

Avantages

Ease of setting up class schedules, client profiles, credit card billing.

Inconvénients

I have trouble running the reports I need. Figuring out numbers for budgeting purposes etc. When I track things like new clients in an excel spreadsheet separately, where I know my numbers are accurate, I can't get Front Desk reports to give me the same results.

Traduit par Google

Good software with some growing pains

Publié le 03.09.2014
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Does many things well BUT lacks owner/manager total control.

My major gripe is the lack of giving the owner complete control (customization) of all aspects of the financials per client. My business model is monthly plans where a client trains 8-12x/month with a contract commitment of 3, 6, to 12 months.

Here are some gripes:
1) Partial Payments:

2) Flexibility of Plans/contracts:

3) Scheduler:

Here are my applause points:
1) Customer service:

2) Client Communication:

3) Flexible monthly rate:

4) Online documents:

In conclusion:
A good software with some growing pains.
Front Desk has the potential to be one of the best. The payment/billing aspect is where I had the most issues due to that lack of per client customization.
Allow one to change a due date that is reflective in the billing cycle and the plan without having the user to jump through hoops.
Allow user to add (by picking time slot), change, cancel, view remaining sessions.
Allow the user to accept partial payments and the ability for software to reflect the accuracy of payments per client.

I love Front Desk!

Publié le 19.03.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I spent months reading online reviews about scheduling softwares and I trialed dozens of them. Front Desk is the only software with huge flexibility, incredible customer support, and a Point of Sale system built in. There are many softwares that look enticing at the beginning, but once you get into the nuicences of running a business through them, you realize how important customer support is. Front Desk has a rockstar team based in Seattle that knows my business, has infinite patience, and has excellent communication skills.

Avantages

point of sale built in, ease of use, ability to schedule appointments, classes and courses, a simple app for smartphones, awesome and friendly customer service.

Inconvénients

The only thing I can't currently do with this software is restrict clients by age (birthday). For example if I want to run a summer camp for 6-12 year olds, a 5 year old could register if the parent chooses to ignore our requirements.

Support 5 Stars - application needs more specific business functions

Publié le 16.02.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I spent a great deal of time searching for a scheduling app for my music school. FD is the only one that fit into my business model. The BEST aspect is their customer support. This is the most important aspect of a software company.

Reporting functionality and BEST Customer Service

Inconvénients

Application is not as user friendly as it should be.

7.0/10
Traduit par Google

Cindy at customer support is the best!

Publié le 27.04.2018

Avantages

Booking feature works the best for our business. Since we deal with many people booking lessons with various teachers I like that everything is automated and we get notifications for canceled and booked lessons.

Inconvénients

It takes a bit to learn, but if you book time with support it makes it much easier. I have a few things on my wish list for our business, but it seems like they are always trying to add feature. I hope they add the ability to book rooms in the future

Traduit par Google

Great software for a small business

Publié le 21.02.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I've been with Front Desk for well over a year and I've been VERY happy with the software and most of all the customer service and support. Very pleased with how responsive they are and how quickly enhancements and upgrades have been made.

Avantages

Ease of use from the customer's stand point

Inconvénients

Amount of data entry due to the size of my business and the limited functionality of the software in payroll and in the services.

Thank You Front Desk!!!

Publié le 10.06.2014
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

As a USA Triathlon Level I Coach, who supplements strength training classes into workouts for athletes, I needed to organize my schedule and make it easier for me. During the weeks, I have One on One clients, along with The Strongest Mile Classes, and Pool WOD¿s. During the weekends, I was offering Pose Method Running Clinics, The Strongest Mile Seminars, Pool WOD¿s and 5k¿s. I couldn¿t keep up with who was coming to what and when.

I knew about other calendars for businesses but I was not a fan. My web designer suggested I get on the Apple Store App and look around. Not sure what I plugged in but there was ¿Front Desk.¿ It looked simple. It looked clean. It looked fresh. I did some research, chatted with Front Desk and reached out to a CrossFit Gym in Dallas for their opinion. I was hooked.

Front Desk staff has been absolutely WONDERFUL with my business and this journey. Since, I am not your ¿typical gym¿, who has classes all through the week, it was something different that we had to work with. I have my triathletes sign up with Front Desk, so they have reoccurring payments. I have The Strongest Mile classes and the Pool WOD¿s athletes sign up on Front Desk, so I can keep them accountable. I have my runners sign up for the Pose Clinics because I do those all over town.

If you want a calendar for your business, I highly recommend Front Desk. They will do everything to help you out! I have ALWAYS had positive response from them. If it isn¿t fixed, they will figure it out. Thank you Front Desk for taking care of my business and making my life a lot easier!

~Jennifer Rulon
USA Triathlon Level I Coach
Pose Method Running Coach
The Strongest Mile Founder/Coach
www.jenrulon.com

Traduit par Google

Approach with caution, some features do not work as promised

Publié le 18.06.2018

Avantages

The software covers our most basic functionality needs with some extras. Signing in clients has more steps than we are use to but we’re getting use to it. I enjoy the MailChimp integration too. It provides some great ways to follow up and catch lost clients.

Inconvénients

The onboarding team and management seem to be more concerned with getting you to sign their contract than they are about following through with their promises. I say this because during the sales process I was told that Pike13 was able to integrate with the ClassPass app, which provides us with regular clients, in addition to a substantial monthly income. After we signed the contract, during the final days of our on-boarding process, I was told that they were having issues connecting with the app and that there was no expected date for it to be fixed. After following up on both the ClassPass website and with our ClassPass account manger, I found out that Pike13 has yet to be able to integrate with ClassPass, and that this issue had been going on well before I started talking with them, even through they said this was a new issue.

Traduit par Google

We are so grateful to have found Pike13 and to provide our owners with such user-friendly software.

Publié le 17.04.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

A user-friendly platform that cuts down on day-to-day business tasks.

Avantages

We love how easy Pike13 is to navigate. Time spent on day-to-day admin work for our franchise owners has been reduced drastically so they are able to spend more time on building their business.

Inconvénients

Some features could be structured better for franchisors, such as mass customization and locking features.