Schoology

LMS pour les enseignants et les administrateurs d'école

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

470 avis

Deanna
Deanna

Transforming the Digital Space

Publié le 07/09/2018

Schoology has enabled me to create a digital platform for my students to access whenever and however they need. Being a traveling teacher has its own unique set of obstacles, but Schoology has empowered me to bring my in-person style and flare to the digital space. I no longer feel as I am scatted around multiple classrooms. Each of my digital classrooms are organized in the same manner so there is a sense of structure to my instruction, just like a physical space would allow.

Avantages

I love that I can use Schoology as a vehicle to personalization--personalization for student learning and personalization for my instruction. I am able to add/delete assignments for students. I can create assignments for specific groups of students. It is easier to use the same rubric for similar assignments because the rubric is already built and saved. I can deliver lessons in various methods. My instruction and assessment have become more transparent (and more fair!) for students due to these features.

Inconvénients

The features that I most dislike about Schoology revolve around the integrations with Google Drive and TurnItIn. While I have long applauded the Google integration, I detest that the Google assignments (when submitted through this integration) are not time stamped. Also, my colleagues and I have found TurnItIn to be a bit more complicated than necessary to use. It is not intuitive, and rather difficult to explain to students. I often end up not using it.

Angela
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 1 001–5 000 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

Versatile Learning Management System

Publié le 04/02/2021

Overall, the application has made it beneficial in that all educational needs are in one place; assessments, assignments, grades, messaging

Avantages

This software had been instrumental in making learning available both in the classroom and at-home learning for students that are out for any reason.

Inconvénients

It is time consuming to post Google Applications in all of the classes. You can post the assignment but you have to go into each class and attach the document.

Courtney
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 0.0 /10

Terrible app even worse customer service

Publié le 08/05/2019

Terrible app with even worse customer service

Terrible app with even worse customer service

Avantages

It was easy to manage my son's schooling.

Inconvénients

It's clunky you have to go in and out to see different grades instead of being under one easy tab. Don't even think of forgetting your password. There is no reset function available and when you ask for help you get a super snarky email. I will copy and paste

Hi Cmac0521,

We are no longer accepting ticket submissions from Basic users. Helpdesk ticketing support is a feature of our Enterprise subscription. You can see what’s included in Enterprise here.

To support our millions of free (Basic) users, we have invested in providing you easy access to better support resources, like the newly launched Schoology Guide Center. We also recommend visiting the Schoology Help Center where you can access a wealth of information about Schoology as well as engage with our member Community.

Not sure if you’re a ‘Basic’ account holder? Instructors: if you see the word “Upgrade” in the upper left corner of your Schoology account of your account - that means you’re Basic! Parents and Students: check with your instructor!

Sincerely,
Schoology Support

Basically "you didn't pay we don't want to help you, go annoy the school. You're Basic LOL" - Schoology "customer service"

Yevstakhii
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 1 à 5 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

My expirience of use Schoology

Publié le 28/05/2023

Schoology provides robust course management features that allow me to effectively organize my courses and deliver content. I appreciate the ability to structure and organize course materials, upload resources, create assignments, and manage assessments within the platform. This streamlines the teaching process and helps create a well-structured learning environment.Schoology offers a range of collaboration and communication tools that facilitate interaction between teachers and students. I can engage in discussions, share resources, submit assignments, and provide feedback within the platform. These tools enhance communication and foster a sense of community among users.Assessment and grading capabilities: Schoology provides features for creating and administering assessments, quizzes, and assignments. I can create various question types, set grading criteria, and provide timely feedback to students. The platform's grading capabilities simplify the assessment process and enable educators to track student progress effectively.Here are some aspects that some I have found less favorable: сustomization limitations, assignment and grading complexity, limited reporting and analytics.

Avantages

1. Course management and organization: Schoology offers robust course management features that allow me to create and organize my courses effectively. I can easily structure my content, upload resources, create assignments, and manage assessments within the platform. The ability to organize materials and activities in a logical and structured manner helps me deliver a streamlined learning experience.2. Collaboration and communication: Schoology provides a range of collaboration and communication tools that facilitate interaction between teachers and students. I can engage in discussions, share resources, submit assignments, and provide feedback within the platform. The integration of communication tools, such as messaging and announcements, enhances real-time communication and fosters a sense of community among users.3. Assessment and grading: Schoology offers features for creating and administering assessments, quizzes, and assignments. I can create various question types, set grading criteria, and provide timely feedback to students. The ability to track student progress, generate reports, and manage grades efficiently simplifies the assessment and grading process.

Inconvénients

1. Assignment and grading complexity: While Schoology offers assessment and grading tools, I have found the assignment setup and grading process to be cumbersome or time-consuming, particularly when dealing with large class sizes or complex grading criteria. I have challenges in managing and organizing assignments, providing detailed feedback, and efficiently grading student submissions.2. Limited reporting and analytics: I have mentioned that Schoology's reporting and analytics capabilities could be more robust. I have a desire for more advanced reporting features that provide deeper insights into student performance, engagement, or progress. While Schoology offers basic reporting options, I may find them insufficient for their specific data analysis needs.

Kristen

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

Easy to use!

Publié le 11/08/2023

Schoology made my life easier as a busy teacher with a split job of teaching Spanish and EL. I could easily see my Spanish students’ progress and didn’t have to worry about trying to add scores to PowerSchool since it automatically synced. I could also see every class my EL students had and could see what they needed to complete or needed extra support with.

Avantages

I loved being able to assign and see student progress. We also had the option of deciding what needed to be teacher graded. My favorite feature of all was that it automatically integrated and synced with PowerSchool.

Inconvénients

It took some time to get used to adding standards and just using it, but after that I don’t feel like there was anything negative.

Veronica
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

Schoology is our go-to!

Publié le 21/06/2023

We love this program and will use it for years to come.

We love this program and will use it for years to come.

Avantages

Schoology is out LMS connected to PS. It allows so much more than just virtual learning. Students can check classwork by reviewing files and notes teachers upload to courses. Schoology allows parents to see the materials students are provided with. It is our go-to for classwork and course information!

Inconvénients

The add-ons and additional connected apps can be glitchy.

Alternatives envisagées

Google Classroom et CANVAS

Pourquoi passer à Schoology

The ease of connecting it to our Powerschool
Alexis
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 5 001–10 000 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Good place for many things

Publié le 14/11/2023

Avantages

I like that Schoology is basically a one stop shop. I am able to post course content, post assignments and assessments and grade them, and communicate with students. The grading process is quite easy. It's easy to see each student and their scores vs other platforms that make it difficult or confusing. I also like that I can see past courses that are archived and everything is available.

Inconvénients

I do not like that I am unable to remove courses myself. I have had courses assigned to me that were not mine, but I have to contact the admin for that. It became a tedious and time consuming process, so I just gave up.

Clint
Clint
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 1 001–5 000 employés

Facebook for Schools

Publié le 30/11/2023

Overall I had a great experience with Schoology.

Overall I had a great experience with Schoology.

Avantages

The newsfeed and the ability to integrate other tools into classes is hugely beneficial.

Inconvénients

Sometimes the grading didn't work quite right and could be difficult to set up correctly.

Bob
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 11–50 employés

Classroom Management With Schoology

Publié le 02/11/2023

I wish that our school was still using Schoology. We changed to a more complicated system.

Avantages

Easy to use, it made classroom management better.

Inconvénients

The ability to printout assessments was lacking.

Brandy
  • Secteur d'activité : Rédaction et correction
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 11–50 employés

Very easy to use

Publié le 13/06/2023

Great experience

Great experience

Avantages

I like that grades are shown, it's easy to keep up with assignments. All work is done and submitted through the software.

Inconvénients

I liked it all, there were no dislikes.

Crystal

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

BEST LMS experience for teachers, students, admin and community!

Publié le 03/02/2017

Moodle. Blackboard. Edmodo. Google Classroom. Each year of teaching seemed to bring with it another piecemeal LMS until we found Schoology! Schoology allows our teachers, students, admin and community to stay informed and connected. As a teacher, Schoology was easy to figure out due to its intuitive platform. I love the various features and app integrations that allow students to do much of their online learning within the platform avoiding third party site visits and lots of extra clicking. As an Enterprise user, I also appreciate the SIS integration with PowerSchool that automatically transfers student grades from Schoology. The group feature allows me to easily send updates about One-Act and Speech practice schedules or leave time reminders that can be routed to students' phones, and the groups also provide excellent PLNs for various topics. Admins have begun harnessing the power of online professional development modules via Schoology as well. Students enjoy the calendar view, which we have taught them to use like a planner and appreciate the quick feedback from assessments. Parents enjoy more transparency about what is going on at school and the media albums work great for capturing all of the awesome learning that needs to be recognized and celebrated. As a BlendEd Learning leader, Schoology is integral to day to day planning and organization.

I also appreciate that Schoology is very responsive to user issues and requests. Their Client Success team is there to answer questions and trouble shoot when you need them, and the product developers are always taking suggestions and creating new features to make the platform more user friendly for teachers and students.

Unlike previous platforms, Schoology is my one-stop shop that is here to stay! After four years of use, I couldn't imagine teaching without it!

-Ease of use
-Groups provide online PLNs
-Supportive client services
-Excellent BlendEd Platform
-Can align with CC or state standards
-Allows for competency-based grading (Mastery via Enterprise)
-Parent log in options (one log in for all of their kids)
-App works well on Mac and Android devices

Inconvénients

-Can't create reoccurring events or assignments (yet)
-PowerSchool Pro and Schoology integration in beta only (Enterprise)

David

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Schoology is a great way to engage students!

Publié le 26/07/2020

Overall Schoology was a great way to engage students and assess their learning in a more interactive and interesting way. The student's seemed to like it better than using just books so it was more engaging for them.

Avantages

Before I transitioned out of teaching, I used Schoology quite a bit as a teacher. Schoology made it easy and convenient to engage students in the classroom. You could post informational resources for them such as notes and websites, or create more interactive lessons with embedded youTube or other videos and they can be set up so students can do scavenger hunt type things on the computer. They also can be used for assessments to see if students learned the material they were supposed to, as an exit ticket, or a way to review information at home. These assessments could then be loaded directly into e-school for student grades.

Inconvénients

One thing I found difficult was sometimes setting up answers to questions especially if I wanted a more free response type of question, although they do offer ways to grade on a rubric as well. Sadly in the day and age of inflating grades there was also no way to grade on a curve, which meant that even though grades could be directly loaded into e-school, administrators desired you to then have to go back into e-school to inflate student grades. All in all they seemed to be keen to adding new features that made things easier for teachers. They also had two different kinds of assessments, one of which I found not nearly as friendly as the other to use.

Ann
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 10 000+ employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Schoology is central to our successful 1:1 blended learning classrooms providing digital...

Publié le 22/06/2018

The software is central to our curriculum delivery in our 1:1 blended learning classrooms. It is a core app that we use daily and streamlines communication, assessment, and assignments.

Avantages

Schoology is intuitive for both teachers and students. I love that Schoology is specifically designed for K-12 and has a simple interface for primary students. Schoology provides students one place to access curriculum content, collaborate with peers, and receive immediate feedback from assessments. Our teachers leverage several features in Schoology including grading groups and completion rules. Teachers can privately differentiate curriculum materials to individual students or groups with just a click using grading groups. Teachers can also design lessons that utilize completion rules which forces students to complete on activity with a certain degree of accuracy before moving on to the next activity. Teachers can also provide students feedback in a variety of formats which can include audio, video, drawings or written. The feedback is available to students as soon as it is graded. In addition to courses, Schoology also has a group feature which is one place for teachers to share curriculum materials with one another. The content in the group is shared with just a click to any course. This makes it very easy to move materials from teachers to students without the need to download or upload files, creating a smooth digital workflow.

Inconvénients

None. The Schoology team is responsive to feedback and the team is constantly striving to make improvements.

Julie

Life Changing

Publié le 06/11/2017

It has streamlined my classroom:
Assignments are in schoology, collected in schoology, graded in...

It has streamlined my classroom:
Assignments are in schoology, collected in schoology, graded in schoology, I used it to flip my classroom and organize what students do and when.
It has streamlined the work that I do to get ready for class:
I can easily collaborate with the teachers I work with, I can set up one class and copy to others, It helps me keep track of where my students are and what they are achieving.
I teach my students how to use the program to get more out of their own learning:
They can check on their level of mastery, rework old assignments and quizzes (when I let them), they can check their progress, see what is coming, and know what is expected of them just by opening the course.
3 years after beginning to use it, I don't know how I ever lived without it.

Avantages

I haven't collected a piece of paper in 3 years. It grades many things for me and I can get feedback on how my students are doing. I continue to have access to everything in a course even after it has ended. Schoology is incredibly helpful in fixing problems, and asking for feedback. It merges seamlessly with my school's grade book program. It has allowed me to turn my traditional classroom into a flipped-mastery classroom that use standards based grading. Differentiating instruction and assignments is easy with this program.

Inconvénients

There are still things I wish it could do that it can't... yet. They are still working on those things.

Glen

Fantastic, game-changing LMS

Publié le 16/05/2017

Schoology has transformed my teaching! I have been teaching for almost 18 years and I knew that I was basically teaching to the middle group of my students. I was not differentiating for the various learners in my class. The tools available in Schoology helped me to move my teaching from lecture based to a blended classroom approach. I now train teachers on a daily basis to transform their teaching using Schoology. The Schoology community is one of the most active, supportive groups I have ever encountered.

Avantages

Schoology is an easy to use LMS initially as a teacher and student. The best part is that there are so many added features and an amazing supportive community to help you customize and develop your courses even further. The customer service for Schoology is fantastic and the professional learning community in Schoology Educators is active and very helpful to anyone from a beginner to an advanced user. We did a side by side comparison between Schoology - Edmodo - Canvas and Google Classroom and our teachers and students completely supported our adoption of Schoology!

Inconvénients

Some missing features include the ability to lock an entire folder and the ability to navigate quiz/tests more easily.

Utilisateur vérifié
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 2–10 employés

Schoology Review from Admin Side

Publié le 09/12/2019

I would recommend Schoology for teachers that have a good understanding of technology. The price is a bit much but it does a lot if the teachers are willing to spend the time on it.

Avantages

Schoology is a very good LMS and is very versatile. I allows my teaching staff to communicate with their students on a regular basis. It also helps my teachers with parent communication. The program is also nice for students that have been absent or that are going to miss school for sports or a vacation.

Inconvénients

The cross over from our SMS to this program is not always smooth and is a bit frustrating at times.

Alternatives envisagées

Google Classroom
Danielle

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Great for older learners

Publié le 19/01/2023

Overall, my experience is good! I’ve been pleased with it.

Overall, my experience is good! I’ve been pleased with it.

Avantages

I love being able to have quizzes or tests self-correct. I also like being able to link my grad book (PowerSchool) and having a centralized place for my students to view and work on assignments.

Inconvénients

It is not the most user friendly software. I consider myself pretty tech-savvy, and it took me a bit to understand each part. I teach elementary school, and some of my students still do not quite understand how to use the software. There’s a lot to it.

Cathie

Your Classroom Experience Will Change with Schoology

Publié le 30/12/2015

Schoology is an all encompassing learning management system (LMS) that allows teachers to expand the walls of the classroom beyond the school day. Students can easily log into their Schoology account and access class materials, watch embedded videos, practice skills, or respond to class discussions. Teachers can organize and create folders and build an entire course throughout the year. The interface has a social media look that can be appealing for students. However, students treat Schoology as a course and not Facebook. Restrictions can easily be enabled to ensure that student's post before they see other responses. The Schoology App works extremely well in a 1:1 iPad classroom. Students can easily add their Google Drive App and submit assignments from Google Drive directly to Schoology. Teachers have an easy toggle feature that allows them to score student work efficiently without opening new tabs for every student assignment. Rubrics can be easily created and directly attached to the assignment. Schoology does platform with Pearson, Powerschool, and many other online sources. Those services provided do cost money. Schoology is COPPA compliant and has signed the Student Privacy Pledge. Videos and tutorials are easily accessible, and the company is very responsive to questions and suggestions.

I was using another popular LMS but found that my students treated it like Facebook. When I switched to Schoology I found that the interface and the assignment feed are easier to manage and sort through. Students treat Schoology as a course and not another form of social media. They respond appropriately and use it as a resource for their learning. Building on-line quizzes take time, but students respond well to receiving the instant feedback. Aa a teacher, I find the assignment feature and uploading from Google Drive seamless. I've been able to leave feedback and not feel overwhelmed reading 100 essays submitted in Schoology. The hardest feature of Schoology is learning and discovering all of the bells and whistles it offers. I would recommend using Schoology with a team of teachers or a colleague. It's much easier to bounce ideas off of each other as you tinker with its features. Once you maneuver through the first weeks of Schoology you won't turn back. I left everything I created on my old LMS and have had no regrets. Schoology is ideal if your looking to go paperless as well.

Utilisateur vérifié
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 4.0 /10

It works, but better options out there.

Publié le 19/05/2021

Overall, it was fairly frustrating. It is ok. I can share links and things but seemed to not hit the bar in very basic features like social discussions in a class, turning in assignments, and giving feedback.

Avantages

I like that we can set up folders and organize our course how we would like. I work with upper elementary so it worked fairly well, but definitely had a learning curve. Announcements were pretty easy to post. I also liked students messaging in schoology, they found this feature easy to use. I like that I also got an email when they messaged.

Inconvénients

As a specialist teacher, it was confusing whether to work with the classroom teacher or have our own Schoology accounts. When giving feedback on assignments, students could never find it, they didn't get notifications. Students also struggled with how to turn in assignments and would do it differently. You could connect google docs and things, but was super confusing and students also didn't do this correctly. It also does not look modern, there are so many other platforms that look nicer and more kid-friendly. In addition, I like students to share photos and videos with one another and the social discussions/sharing piece was definitely lacking. we liked flipgrid but was not easily incorporated within schoology.

Jessica

Best LMS in the game!

Publié le 10/09/2018

Schoology changed my classroom experience for the better. It is integral to my classroom and our school district since we are 1:1. Schoology isn't just a tool it creates a culture in your classroom that helps faciliate community in the classroom experience.

Avantages

*User Functionality - easy for teachers and students to use!
*Consistency of Updates from Schoology - they are constantly improving the platform whether it be with new app integration or ease of use in design.
*Support - Their support team is amazing, and client services are impeccable.
* Number of Apps that integrate is growing all the time!
*Google Assignment App stepped up the overall experience and use for Teachers.
* Assessment update changed the game - appeals to all different subject areas.

Inconvénients

Honestly none because any issue that has existed Schoology has responded with an update if there was enough need for a change! That is one of their greatest strengths as a company.

Donna

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Schoology supports students, families, and teachers

Publié le 11/07/2020

Avantages

Schoology is a robust yet flexible tool that helps teachers provide content, instruction and feedback to students and families. It is highly customizable and allows teachers to integrate most any other digital tool to meet the diverse needs of learners. Schoology can be used in basic to deeply developed ways. One of my favorite features is the ability to save and build content and items from course to course. You are able to save time and build stronger learning experiences as your skills and created items grow.

Inconvénients

The biggest challenge with Schoology is the shear volume of customizable features and functions. The basics are relatively easy to learn, but it does take time to play and learn the full capabilities this product has to offer.

Dakota
Dakota

Schoology LMS

Publié le 18/11/2018

Overall, Schoology is a great learning management system and has made delivering content and assesssment student progress a much more manageable task.

Avantages

What I like most about Schoology is it's ease of use. The interface is clean and takes on a social media feel which most of its users will be used to and appreciate. I also love how you can integrate many of the top educational programs and apps right along with Schoology such as quizlet.com and nearpod.com.

Inconvénients

What I like least about Schoology is how certain features that would seemingly be easy to fix take so long to be developed or go into affect. For example, the launch of the new assessments feature was very exciting because it open up more question types, but lacked some of the features so beneficial to students and educators. These features include the Spanish keyboards, quetion banks, and printable assessments.

Marja

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

When we used it I was very happy with the product.

Publié le 19/09/2017

As a former English teacher, it was so nice to have students be able to speak their voice in a setting they may not have been comfortable with prior to using Schoology. We were able to do many of the same discussions with our Bible students as well. It really helped in studying scripture passages.

Avantages

I love the addition of the discussion board feature. Requiring students to post prior to seeing other students' post makes it easier to ensure they are not summarizing/rewording someone else's post. This was something that several teachers at my school requested and Schoology was very quick to implement it.

Inconvénients

I really have nothing negative to say about the software. Many teachers at our school had a real problem with handing over a copy of our drivers licenses to a company when we already had a full background check with our school during the hiring process. It felt like a violation of privacy.

Jo
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 2–10 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Flexible, fully-featured and fun!

Publié le 06/12/2017

Schoology works best for a whole school setting where different ability levels of instructors and learners will be accessing the platform. Especially suited to an establishment which intends to develop a blended learning and learning self-paced learning approach outside of the classroom. A school which confidently uses mobile apps and digital technologies will find Schoology a healthy addition to their collection of digital tools.

Avantages

+A huge community of teachers and learners looking to sharing their experience and support one another in the usage of the platform.
+A recognisable user interface which makes the learning curve for new users simple and intuitive.
+Superb flexibility to create bespoke learning environments for teachers and learners.

Inconvénients

- Some limitation of iframe embed due to the HTTPS protocol requirement. Use of HTML code editor often strips the inclusion of more advanced features such as Java functions.
- Limitation toe badge and gamification of learning.
- LTI integration not fully functional, relying on apps developers to plug the gaps.

Nicholas

The MVP LMS

Publié le 20/06/2017

I love having used Schoology in the past when teaching HS English an gamifying my classroom. I now utilize Schoology for professional development purposes. This allows me to create and offer my teachers anytime, anywhere, self-paced learning modules.

Avantages

Schoology truly focuses their attention on personalized student learning. The features to set completion settings and afford students the opportunity to complete units/lessons/folders at their own pace is truly a game-changer. With that, it works perfectly when trying to gamify your classroom with the added benefit of included badges.

Inconvénients

Navigation and ease of use require a little bit of time to play around and get comfortable with the program. So many added benefits and features are within other options. But once you figure them out (like embedding other apps into Schoology) they become the norm.