Avis sur DEAR Inventory

DEAR Inventory

Inventory management software for SMBs

4.3/5 (110 avis)

After trialing three chosen cloud-based stock-management solutions for my clients DEAR won my vote.

Publié le 14.01.2018

Avantages

The software can be used "out-of-the-box" after a minimal amount of setup, and can also be used in more complex installations where bespoke software development might be needed.

The simplicity of the initial setup, the simplicity of the menu navigation, and the speed with which new users are able to grasp what they need to do to accomplish their tasks caused me to take a closer look at this software and I'm glad I took the time to do so.

The multiple warehouse locations field, along with the multiple bin locations field, both available in DEAR but not available in some other offerings, is a basic requirement of a stock management system as far as I am concerned.

Whilst the software might appear complex for first-time users, those with experience of stock systems and business processes should find it a breeze to set up and use for the purpose intended, especially if they are familiar with setting up other software. It's an advantage, but not a requirement, if the person(s) setting it up also have an understanding of business accounts and are able to find their way around creating/editing MS Word mail-merge templates.

I am impressed that I have been able to use the software to accomplish pretty much every task that my clients' have asked of it so far. The ease of integration with other cloud-based applications puts another tick in the box for me.

Inconvénients

This is a comment and not a complaint; although the reporting functionality in the 'out-of-the-box' version is adequate there is room for improvement. The limitations can be overcome by exporting the files and adapting them as needed. Those with a more specific software development skill- set (or more time to learn) would be able to achieve a great deal more from the software than is possible using the 'out-of-the-box' version.

all in all very happy

Publié le 19.11.2017

Avantages

"Moved over from sage around 12 months ago to Xero and added Dear which answered the major issues I was having with Sage in that the inventory element (sure, that's not what is was designed for) was woefully inadequate for our business.

I have to report that 12 months in that Dear has met and exceeded expectations and added real value to my inventory management and customer order processing. With the recent addition of the B2B portal, and what my customers will be able to do once is it fully operational will really revolutionalise some of the challenges we faced in, for example, letting customers know what is available from stock etc.

Overall, we made the right move and I haven't seen a better combination of integrated applications than Dear and Xero!
Well done and thanks to both!"

Inconvénients

Dear is a brilliant and responsive company, although my only gripe, is that there are few updates or communique's relating to bug fixes or developments of the application. Example is the B2B portal, there are many comments about what features are needed and bug fixes, but as yet no commentary from Dear as to which will or won't be incorporated. Like me, many will become less likely to comment f it is not apparent that they are being acknowledged. Come on Dear, at least add a comment!!

Probabilité de recommander le produit

DEAR Systems, much more than an inventory plugin!

Publié le 17.11.2017

// DEAR SYSTEMS DOES

+ Manage inventory with different sales channels
+ Send PO/Invoices/Quote/.../... with customisable template
+ Auto assemblies
+ Bundles
+ Issues to production
+ Sync to accounting software
+ Handles goods in transit, FX gain or Loss etc
+ They are working on a reseller portal
+ They are working on a POS
+ Chat support is knowledgeable and they really try to help you

Inconvénients

They have a forum where users can chat together and upvote functionalities requests.

- They are totally absent from that forum, they say they scan it to update their roadmap but they won't engage in the conversation at all.

- Functionalities are added too fast without feedback from their users.

They really need to work on their communication with their active users.

DEAR Inventory Helping us Grow

Publié le 17.11.2017

Avantages

We've been using the DEAR system for quite a while now and I must say I couldn't be any happier. It was a seamless transition from our old system, and I especially appreciate how well DEAR integrates with our accounting software. This makes everyone's work a whole lot easier. I have contacted support on several occasions with questions that I had, and I always received a quick, thorough, and very helpful response. We manufacture our products as well wholesale and retail them with an online store, and everything works so well together with DEAR that it really helps us focus on building our business rather than focusing our attention on trying to keep up with inventory and ordering. I would highly recommend DEAR systems to anyone looking for a new inventory management system.

-Bob Weiss

Inconvénients

One thing that would be useful would be to be able to call for customer service. We have used customer service email on several occasions, and have always had a pretty quick response, however, if we have a pressing issue, it would be nice to have a number to call and someone to talk with.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

DEAR is essential to the way we manage our inventory. Lacking some features we need but has most.

Publié le 12.06.2018

Avantages

Being able to integrate with a number of eCommerce platforms is huge. Support usually replies fast (especially for simpler questions and help). Also the way in which we're able to manage thousands of products over multiple locations is fantastic. Some aspects of DEAR are very intuitive and easy to use. It allows one portal for looking at sales, product orders, inventory storage and movements, basic product history. The reports on the dashboard help us see inventory and financials at a glance. They've also recently expanded, allowing more than 20,000 SKUs at a time in the system!

Inconvénients

Because DEAR is used by so many and works with so many different platforms, integration between it and other platforms (we use Shopify) are not always seamless. A feature that works great with one may make another way more difficult to use. On that note, customizing your DEAR account to make it exactly what you need is rather difficult. We often have to find workarounds to ongoing problems that may seem basic to many. And while customer support is friendly and often fast to respond, it's very easy for misunderstandings to occur. As well, new feature requests often don't get acknowledged if they don't fit into DEAR's current plans.

One thing that would be great could be a separation for those who need DEAR just to locate products, vs those who actually need to access all of the parts of DEAR that can change products, sales, locations... We've had a number of mix-ups where inexperienced people made changes that couldn't be undone due to the nature of the software.

7.0/10

Lots of features for the price - great support

Publié le 22.11.2017

Avantages

Earlier this year we implemented DEAR inventory in our manufacturing company in Indonesia. The key reason we chose DEAR was the functionality. We have been searching for an inventory management system with manufacturing functionality for a very long time and couldn't understand why it was so difficult to find a system that dealt with what we felt were really core/ basic requirements without looking at customisation. DEAR seems to cover almost everything we need and is working on developing the programme for what it doesn't currently.

The other key reason was the responsiveness of DEAR to queries. I am still waiting for replies from a competitor to my requests to ask a few questions when we were looking at different systems. We had good help getting it set up. I would definitely recommend.

Inconvénients

There are some limitations with templates - invoices, packing slips etc. - when dealing with a currency that uses a decimal place as a thousand separator instead of a comma. It also doesnt have the ability to track batches through multiple assemblies which limits the value of the production reports we can get.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

It does not exactly suit our business model,compared to other software in the market it was the best

Publié le 20.06.2018

Avantages

The fact that it can be accessed from anywhere and that the information available is reasonably accurate

Inconvénients

We transfer stock between locations on a daily basis eg. receipts, transfer to work in progress, then assembly and then to finished goods in more than one location and then it gets sold. when looking at a stock movement report of Raw Material, all that I want to know is receipts + stock on hand-assembly = Stock on Hand. The inventory totals in inventory do not balance with the Trial balance figures as the trial balance picks up transfers as many as three times. So the Raw Material and Finished Goods are never correct in Dear and because of Synchronisation in Xero.
second point is the introduction of the Advanced Purchase Module and discontinuation of cloning without any prior warning and with no video training module available. I have so far been unable to use that module and am working with the simple purchases module, keeping it in draft, and manually adjusting stock levels when receiving stock. I then use a new Simple Purchase to deal with the supplier invoice. Ideally, the system should be able to tell me what stock is required, but the is no correlation between Assembly and Inventory. We use about 8 to 9 different Raw Materials in different quantities to produce our finished goods, so you can understand how frustrating this all is.

Support client

I Am Extremely Satisfied & Highly Recommend Dear Inventory!

Avantages

After almost two years with DEAR, we couldn't be more pleased! We needed a centralised inventory system with CRM capabilities that could seamlessly integrate and sync to SHOPIFY, XERO, as well as our offline sales channels. Being in the food industry, we also needed a system that could track the shelf-life of our products, and make sure first expired items were sold first. This is an important feature for us that we did not find in TradeGecko, which we tested out as well before we made our decision in early 2016. DEAR also helps us keep track of our items on consignment (location / expiry date / batch number) as well as create hampers and other gift bundles with ease, thanks to their Bill of Materials function. I particularly enjoy the level of detail available to us, to store relevant information such as supplier SKUs and multiple price lists. The system is sturdy and the UX is straightforward and intuitive, which has made the transition easy for the whole team!

Tamara Agusta
General Manager
Profood Ltd

Inconvénients

Occasionally DEAR can be a little slow to load, and customer service is not always as quick as one would like it to be.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Really great software with small areas to grow

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois
Publié le 16.04.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Ease of use across all of our employees. Decreased costs and improved inventory accuracy.

Avantages

Well thought out sales workflow. Really flexible and powerful in ways others weren't to enter sales orders. Takes a little getting used to, but there is a lot in there. Love the ability to price tier for B2B sales. Integrates really well with Shopify and eBay. Need to check out the B2B portal that is available, but haven't gotten to that part yet.
Even though the support is all email based, we have been delighted with the speed of response and solutions to any issues we've had. I'd say on average the response time to new tickets has been in the 5-15 minute range with maybe one that reached 45 minutes. Often I'd wait longer on hold with a tech line with other companies than it takes to get a response from DEAR support email.
Great integration with our accounting.
Easy to implement API for extending the functionality of DEAR.

Inconvénients

There are a few things that still need improvement we've run into.
Credit Notes/Memos are terribly hard to figure out and make work correctly if you wish to give the customer a credit to use at a future date not tied to a transaction in DEAR.
DEAR does tiered pricing for sales, but there is no way to have volume purchasing discount tiers beyond manually changing every time a PO is created.
If a small change has to take place during fulfillment DEAR requires you to revert the order back to the very beginning of the workflow process and complete every stage again. Rather than just let you go back one step.
The fulfillment QC process could be strengthened a lot. It's basically based on trust with no verification. Right now it assumes all counts/data entry keyed in are 100% accurate. I'd like to see some kind of barcode based QC verification.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Plays nicely with Xero, handles our 5 international shopify websites and direct provisioning, Good dispatch workflow

Publié le 13.11.2017

Avantages

We are loving this software, been using 8 months now and it is powerful. We run 5 e-commerce sites, 4 warehouses and sell in 3 currencies and it's handling all well. Support, as mentioned, isn't quite as easy as getting a call but we use their tutorials, common sense, their live chat.
We also paid for assistance with setup as we didn't want to make any mistakes and desired a bit of support from Work Smart NZ, these guys are great too and worth the extra investment if you value your time”

We are currently trying to get the good word out on various sites and we are hoping that you would to take the time out of their day to share it on Getapp:

Inconvénients

The .docx invoice templates are hard work to manipulate, some more standardized system (like unleashed offers) would make life much easier.
No great integration with a CRM currently. Also they need a Zapier integration so it can connect to other web apps. We are using email parser functionality to achieve most of this but it's complicated.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Perfect fit for our assembly business

Publié le 28.12.2017

Avantages

The main reason we picked this application is for the "Production" part of it. It allows us to setup BOMs as a template, but then adjust them on the fly during the production.

The second reason to love this application is for the APIs. It allowed us to add our "unique" processes (the way we handle commissions) and create non-standard reports.

Xero is one half of our corporate brain (the money side), while DEAR is other half (the counts side).

Additionally, we just integrated our Shopify website with DEAR and we are planning to use their B2B functionality in 2018.

Finally, they react to their clients. I have made requests for features that were handled.

Inconvénients

They could add "Current available" as a pop up when in the Purchases section. This would allow better decision making rather than having a second window open. Very very minor. Other than that, having an API really helps.

Comprehensive and Flexible with Excellent Customer Service

Publié le 27.11.2017

Avantages

Cloud based and the integrations with Xero and Woo Commerce are really great and the main reasons we changed from using Lightspeed. Does almost everything we liked in Lightspeed and more. The ability to pick, pack and ship gives us great visibility on the progress of orders. Easy to use once you get the hang of it. The support is excellent - very quick and always helpful.

Inconvénients

I would like to see price tiers on the product overview page. We can only see it on the individual product page or once it has been added to an invoice. Customer Backorders don’t automatically link to Purchase orders so there is no prompt to notify customers as soon as their order comes in. We use Dear in the front end of our retail store so a built in end of day report and reconciliation would be very useful.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Intuitive and close to everything we need.

Avantages

"DEAR are going to really shake up the whole software development industry. Ive never experienced such great service and the product itself is brilliant. Its intuitive and very user friendly. My staff have picked it up very quickly and its improved our whole business process. Standard response times after submitting a ticket are usually in a couple of hours- (It takes me 3 days to hear from my website developers). Best of all, we needed a feature customised for us, and after contacting DEAR, they had the feature available on the platform within a number of days. 10/10."

Inconvénients

The only con is that currently, there is no connection to Zapier. Once this happens, then I cant pick any faults with DEAR at all!

Probabilité de recommander le produit

The best product of its kind in the market.

Publié le 13.11.2017

Very intuitive to use.
Many detailed features.
Excellent customer support.
Responsive to suggestions.

Inconvénients

The way they handle the serial number of unique items of an SKU can be improved. As of right now, the auto-select serial number during 'pick' is prioritized alphabetically instead of numerically (i.e. serial number 11 is higher in auto-select priority as opposed to serial number 2), which is annoying.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Excellent software, easy to set up and use

Publié le 14.11.2017

Avantages

I have to say that not only is this software so easy to set up and amazing to use but the support is genuinely the best I have received from any company in the last 20 years. Schedule a call, they skype in and share your screen, go through whatever you need nothing too much trouble, the help videos are brilliant but the email support I can't get my head around. Its been 9 & 10 pm at night UK time and I am emailing questions in and they are FULLY answered in literally 4 or 5 mins Not some half baked canned response but proper answers based on your question

Easy to set up
Works on multiple channels such as Shopify Ebay etc
Syncs with Xero accounting software

Inconvénients

Sometimes the syncing once you use multiple sales channels is a little confusing (well for me anyhows) but thats just a slight issue

Probabilité de recommander le produit

All round, Dear Systems is fantastic way of centralizing all your business essentials.

Publié le 27.06.2018

Avantages

The ability to custom make invoices is a massive pro. Using Dear has meant that automating emails, bulk downloading invoices and keeping track of what's been fulfilled and what hasn't is so much simpler than it was in our previous system. It has also made things much easier in liasing between our warehouse and sales departments. The customer service has been excellent - everything, from integration information/guidelines to quick fixes on invoice issues that we couldn't iron out, was dealt with promptly and efficiently. All round it's been a fantastic experience and would be my go to system to manage inventory, fulfillments and keeping track of the accounts.

Inconvénients

I think the biggest issue was finding that the integrations with third party shipping providers was severely limited, although it has been assured that this currently under review and likely to improve. A small con in a plethora of pros!

Support client

I am a Dear Partner in the Xero integration community and Dear Systems is the only inventory system I recommend to prospective clients.

Publié le 14.06.2018

Avantages

Great integration with other software, including Xero. Intuitive. Stable and quick to load (well hosted). Good email support. Innovative features.

Inconvénients

Would like greater visibility as to which user did what for all processes on Dear.
Would like to see greater engagement from Dear's side on the user forums and more regular notification of all feature releases that are made.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Excellent product backed by excellent support and free training. DEAR is the heart of my business!

Publié le 26.01.2018

time

Avantages

This system works as advertised. There is a great balance of functionality to nudge you towards running a better business and enough flexibility to tailor the operation to your business needs. The free training is excellent, far better than paid training that I have endured with other systems. They are super responsive with any questions that I do have, always resolving my questions with 1-2 emails. Being able to connect to my customers shopping carts on my website while providing professional looking forms and documents for shipping the product out the door is fantastic. Accurately providing accounting information to Xero in moments is another great feature.

Inconvénients

Creating the purchase orders is less intuitive when I purchase items that will not be used in products ( e.g. services, support items like bags and boxes). This may very likely be a training problem.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

DEAR is extremely well designed

Avantages

DEAR has great depth, anticipates many issues and has great capabilities. Its focus is on the steak, not the sizzle. I'm confident that it will handle any need I'll discover I need in future.

Other apps I use are great at marketing but their capabilities fall far short of what's advertised. With DEAR it's the reverse.

Inconvénients

Customer support used to be off-putting and frustrating -- condescending and cryptic, unhelpful responses that required multiple questions, and defensive, too. Plus, very slow to respond. But it has improved a lot. The staff is knowledgeable and has become friendly -- some bad apples probably left. The answers to queries are now generally excellent. The service is still only by email and still often slow to respond. I'm on my own if I need an immediate response to a problem.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Flexible and functional inventory software

Publié le 07.09.2017

Avantages

Having used DEAR for over a year now, we were looking for an all in one inventory system that could integrate with our Ecommerce and accounting packages.
A friend recommended DEAR and since then, we never looked back!
Some of the benefits we found:
- Flexible setup and customisable features
- Useful Batch and expiry date tracking (saved us on a couple of occasions, having to do recalls on certain products)
- Support was detailed and helpful
- Integration with xero works very well

Inconvénients

Not a lot of negatives, as a lot of the feedback has been converted into fixes and updates over the past 12 months. Its great to see DEAR systems listening to their customers and implementing changes:
- Look and feel was a little basic, but new facelift and appearance customisations should fix this
- Initial setup was difficult on my own, but once i connected with support, all integration and setup issues were dealt with.
- Does not connect with Bigcommerce Ecommerce solution any longer.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Difficult to fault - Dear is Dear to our business!

Publié le 22.03.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

The Dear option was considered amongst others of the same ilk, but was ahead in some key areas. This and the fact that I was able to find a consultant to help us implement Dear was key. In fact Run Your Business Online (RYBO) are now experts in Dear capability and implementation. There has been a great deal of development in Dear's capability and customer service is really good. Hard to fault and I would not change. Integration with Xero is brilliant.

Avantages

easy to use, feature rich and continuously improved

Inconvénients

advance knowledge of changes and updates planned and some feedback on suggestion placed on the forum would be welcome. A dialogue with dear on the forum would be a massive incentive to add more requests

Probabilité de recommander le produit

DEAR Systems is brilliant, relatively low cost software, perfect for small-medium business.

Publié le 30.08.2017

Avantages

DEAR Systems is straight forward as it should be. But also handles the complexities required from our business such as multi currency purchase and sales, kit building and assembly of products with cost and labour breakdowns. Key features other software does not offer.

Inconvénients

Not sure if it possible but landscape forms would suit us better, need to check with our rep.
Mail Merge takes some getting used to if not familiar.
Customisable Dashboard like Netsuite would be great!

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Dear offers an array of features, most of which are simple to use

Publié le 27.02.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Versatile reporting, integrated emailing, serial number tracking, easy to update products (with or without importing)

Avantages

Dear provides many features, most of which are straightforward and simple to use. One of the big pros for us was the ability to use and track serial numbers. I have only had to reach out to customer service once, but after doing so I was provided the help I needed within minutes. The program is updated frequently and there are updates released about every month. I also love the ability to set up custom templates, and email customers documents while inside the software.

Inconvénients

I did the implementation and training for the software, and one area I found a bit lacking is documentation of how the program works. There are youtube videos on many features of the program, but things that are not covered in videos you have to figure out by trial and error.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Best inventory software with so many synergistic benefits with other software to become total solution

Publié le 15.09.2017
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

in general this is the best software i have used and it is value for money (last year they allow single user so the plan is even more attactive). If you have 3 people already in the company this will be the best software

Avantages

it handle my stock and invoices very well, since i am doing food business, FIFO and expiry date is very important, so when you enter the data correctly the system will help you to do rest of it, great software

Inconvénients

they sometimes have some major breakdown failure and everyone in the world (probably) can't use the service (can't login, data can't load). they said that it is due to instability of their cloud service provider, anyway, this didn't really happen all time, seems that i only experience this once for this year? i forget

Probabilité de recommander le produit

I love to use DEAR system

Publié le 16.05.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Stock control, purchase and suppliers management, easy order fulfilment, easy-to-build reports

Avantages

I am an eBay seller. I've been searching for warehouse management system about a year. DEAR is my choice for now, I like it and have no plans to change it for another system. It is easy to use, the main pros for me besides stock, purchase and sales management (other systems do not always include them):
- integrations with certain marketplaces (eBay, Etsy, Shopify) and services;
- multicurrency support;
- auto-assembly products support.

Inconvénients

Main cons, they are minor:
- auto-disassembly does not work, have to disassemble products manually;
- does not have integrations with some marketplaces (WISH for example);
- can not update tracking information at marketplaces after an order was shipped;
- templates and merge fields are not easy to understand.