1 089 avis
Clio

Clio

Logiciel de gestion des cas juridiques basé sur le cloud

4,7 /5 (1089 avis)
96% des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
1 089 avis
J.p. W.
Traduire en français

Clio is the best option for a solo or small firm law practice

Publié le 04/11/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

After 3 years, I am still working at discarding habits and practices built up over 25 years as a practicing attorney to better incorporate Clio's feature into my daily work flow. One of Clio's driving philosophy's is to make lawyers more productive with their time, and make lawyers services more accessible to persons that need legal advice. Clio's focus on providing multiple access points, including mobile apps designed from the ground up with these two goals in mind, will pay off for both Clio and my practice in the long run.

Avantages

The Clio platform is not intended to be a closed, proprietary system. Instead, it forms the foundation for the day to day management of leads, clients, time, documents, and billing, supplemented by almost 200 third party integrations, with new offerings coming on line each month. Clio offers unlimited cloud storage and IOS/Android apps making all of your firm information, clients, and documents available 24/7. Clio continues to innovate and as the leading provider to small/medium law firms throughout the world, I don't worry about whether they will be in business a few years from now. Finally, all, yes all, of your data saved in Clio is easily exportable should you decide to change to a different vendor.

Inconvénients

Clio's growth means that feature changes must be more fully vetted as they are used by more than 150,000 legal professionals. As they broaden their perspective to encompass larger firms, the pace of change may continue to be more deliberate. The movement and management of files without a third party integration, such as FasterLaw, is cumbersome. Clio's own integrations with Office365 for emails and calendaring remain a work in progress.

Patrick H.
Traduire en français

Clio, the best all purpose attorney software, bar none...

Publié le 21/04/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Outstanding experience with something for everyone just depending on one's level of interest and need.

Avantages

Functionality is nearly universal while specially and jusisdiction costomization is great.
Easy law firm branding and pre sale marketing is brilliant.
Support is outstanding and the Premium Support even better for speedy, live agent help.
Cost is reasonable and many available plans on their menu of options.
Clio grows nicely with solid feature burstsoften free to it's users.
Excellent and often updated/enlarged mobile App across all usual platforms: Appke, Android, Windows...
Superior online instant pay clientbinvoucing, and client trust account requests
The wide assortment of excellent and Rock solid 3rd party software affiliations is very impresdive.

Inconvénients

I was fortunate to have free help migrating my existing, Timeslips database compiled over many years but it ain't quite so free today...Also, I'm still not a fan of the communications tools for clients and othes not subscribed to Clio.

Ashley M.

Better for new attorneys

Publié le 22/03/2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

If you're not used to a system, this can be made into a good system for you. There are a lot of functions missing--like being able to track time associated with flat fee activities (so you can't track productivity or if you do, you can't print out your billable hours without some discussion to the ethics board). You can track e-mails and phone calls, but not faxes, letters, or text messages. You can set tasks for others that you can update, but the update doesn't get sent to the other person. You can set pop-ups on your calendar for yourself, but not for other people. You can track the budget of a case, but not the running total of transactions or expenses. You can integrate with Quickbooks, but you have to import and export the information--the information does not flow freely between the two. The calendar has all of the same pitfalls as Google Calendar because it is Google calendar but with some functions missing. You can upload and download documents, and you must do that in order to save any changes with Clio (unless you pay for HIPAA-compliant Google Drive Professional). Your receptionist has to separately capture phone messages from your client to you because only you can have conversations. Wandering between the conversations page and the logs page means that you will always end up back in the Matters tab. If you're trying to capture a phone call with a person not in the system you have to exit the phone call and lose all of the information to enter that person before you can save the conversation to a file. It's not customizeable. There are some pros over Amicus but many features I miss (such as being able to track time directly with the phone call, including the time the call was initiated) but it has good parts about it. If you're into nitty-gritty capturing of information and you have the time to invest it can be a good platform but trying to teach established attorneys how to rework their legal practice around it is difficult.

It's online.
The timer can be stopped and started easily.

Inconvénients

I spend about two (2) hours a day implementing workarounds to make the system work because it was not built for family law practice or file review. It's a good backup system but it's nothing very reliable unless you're willing to invest the time into making it work.

Réponse de Themis Solutions

Hey Ashley,

This is all fantastic feedback and definitely provides some valuable insight into areas we can improve in order to make Clio work better for all attorneys out of the box. Any chance we could get you on a call with our product team so that they can hear your suggestions?

- Derek, Clio Community Manager

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 4.0/10

Tanya mitchell G.
Traduire en français

Clio has changed my life!

Publié le 04/02/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

My CFO's timed has been freed up tremendously because we now bill with Clio and she does not have to enter time from all users into a similar computer software. We all can work from anywhere and capture our time with the Clio app! Love it!

Avantages

I love the functionality of Clio, and how we can manage time for each user on multiple devices. I not longer have to keep up with my start time for a task, my completion time, the calculation with what portion of an hour was teh time, or completing timesheets for a billing professional to then enter into a software to generate client invoices. Additionally, the billing process has been simplied and can be run from any computer. Further, the ability to keep up with each staff member's productivity is AWESOME! Clio has definitely changed my legal life!

Inconvénients

Getting acclimated was sort of difficult because my rep was new at the time. The regular support team helped us with the remaining onboarding.

Thad S.
Traduire en français

Security is lacking for the accounting side. Otherwise it's a very good software.

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois
Publié le 03/04/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We have been with Clio since about the middle of October 2019 (today is April 3, 2020) and we are mostly pleased. I think that most case management software works on the same theory: a contact (person or enterprise) can have several different matters (cases). Like most users, we just want it to work and it does (with the exception of the accounting problem described above).

Clio has so many helpful features and integrations that it could take a year or two just to get a small to medium-size office up to speed with using all the features.

However, UNTIL CLIO FIXES THE ACCOUNTING SECURITY PROBLEM, DO NOT SWITCH FROM YOUR CURRENT PROGRAM.

Avantages

-It has very robust features and integrations.
- I love that the document repository is built-in and built into the price.
- Tech support is good via chat, so I can resolve issues quickly.
-Because it's the leading player in cloud-based case management, it seems like integrations are more numerous.
-Only on rare occasions have I seen the software go off-line or slow down.
-The outlook and word integrations are robust.
-It's easy to find experts who work with Clio because it's such a significant player. We are now setting up operations with a Clio expert bookkeeper. We could not do that when we used a competitor program called PracticePanther.

Inconvénients

1. EMBEZZLERS PARADISE. Clio's accounting security settings allow anyone who can make a receipt for receiving a payment also to be able to EDIT that payment afterward. So, a dishonest employee could make a receipt for $500 cash, pocket $300, and then go back and edit that receipt to be only $200. Right now are using carbon copy receipts as a workaround, but that's not very professional or 21st century. CLIO, YOU GOTTA GET IT TOGETHER AND FIX THIS.

That same security setting described above also allows users with that setting to see a client's balance before their case is submitted (as a flat fee immigration firm, we want to be paid before the case is finished). Clio supposedly tried to fix this by allowing a balance to be viewed without being able to edit payments but that feature it doesn't work.

2. It would be nice to see a texting feature to verify appointments within Clio. Other cloud-based case management does that. With Clio you have to buy another program for texting.

3. It would be nice if we could see all communications for each matter just by clicking on the contact. It is something that Clio should make as a feature that can be turned on and off. It would work better for our firm because we represent individuals in immigration cases that could have three or four different matters.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 7.0/10

Laurie T.
Traduire en français

Great functionality and awesome customer service

Publié le 20/02/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Clio has allowed us all to access information we need from one place and pull customized reports that allow for better business planning. Honestly, it's one of the most user friendly client database software that I've ever used.

Avantages

What I like most about Clio and it's developers is that when there is a feature you believe would be a great enhancement and you suggest it to them, it seems like not long thereafter you have that enhancement.

Inconvénients

I cannot think of anything I don't like, honestly.

James N.

Clio is my Law Practice

Publié le 11/05/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I think creating tasks has also been beneficial to me. I know that these tasks need to get done to get the client retired. Step one. Step two. Step 3. Step four. Step 5. Yes there is uncertainty and some steps will take on a life of their own. But by breaking down the problem into deadlines and steps I create a road map for myself and my team to the the job done. I think clients also understand and like this approach as well.

Avantages

I was one year into my solo practice in 2014 when I had CLIO recommended to me. I was just getting started.
Creating new contacts and matters. Tracking time. Uploading documents. Sharing. Secure messaging. Calendaring events; and looking ahead at the blocks of time I've reserved for myself.

Inconvénients

I would like to see an integration with LegalMatch.com sometime in the future. I imagine it will happen at some point.

Leslie R.
Traduire en français

Time and money saving practice management

Publié le 10/04/2020

Avantages

Clio is a comprehensive, easy to use practice management tool. Timekeeping is simple and accurate; billing is too. All my client data is kept clear and complete, easy to access. Tasks lists and calendaring help me meet deadlines. I've occasionally needed help to figure out how to use a particular tool ; client support is fantastic. Quick response time and good follow-up.

Inconvénients

Billing by the house is easy and intuitive. Flat-rate billing is a little more work. Also, in the rare instance where a client does not pay a bill, or any portion of it, I cannot create a new bill that shows the past due balance unless I am billing for new time. I have to send a "statement of accounts," which is a little more convoluted.

Adam R.

Data Security

Publié le 21/02/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I switched from RocketMatter to Clio when there was a security breach at DropBox. RocketMatter did not integrate with google drive as well as Clio so I made the switch.

Avantages

Integrations with google products are easy

VoIP integration still not 100% figured out by me

Scott T.

So Easy to Use With Easily-Integrated Applications

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois
Publié le 17/02/2020

Avantages

Not only is Clio easy to use, but the integrated applications make it simple for a lawyer to start their own law firm without a technology consultant or accounting specialist. The connection with Jive VOIP brings my contacts into my phone system, while the Google Drive connection allows all of my firm's files to be remotely accessible.

Inconvénients

A few questions were not answered through the support website articles, but I was able to figure it out or contact them for an answer.

Eileen noon M.

Why I find a Clio essential

Publié le 02/01/2020

Terrific.

Avantages

Why I find a Clio essential Is as a sole proprietor of a small business, Clio operates as my check and balance. The small law firm I was at prior to going on my own used Clio and while I do not use all the features because I do mostly appointed work, the features I do use are essential on assuring me I am on top of my game 99.44% of the time.

Inconvénients

As a very busy person, what I like least about Clio is it operates as a reminder to me that I could probably do a lot more if I ever took the day or two to get all the educated on how to do some of the things I do in a rather long handled manner. I am 60 years old and have been a lawyer for 33 years. I recommend Clio to many of the young lawyers I know just starting out or only a few years in the practice to help them ensure themselves they’re keeping track of their time, their appointments, their clients etc. I point out any problem I’ve ever had with Clio was quickly addressed and fixed and that I couldn’t be happier. I have to tell them that if I was them and had their computer skills and knowledge this thing would operate all necessary prompting for me I have to tell them that if I was them and had their computer skills and knowledge this thing would operate all necessary prompting for me.

Richard G.

Best Decision I made was to make the switch

Publié le 13/12/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Easier to manage all aspects of a case with CLIO

Avantages

Easy to use, customer support is awesome, helpful tutorial videos and great client experience. I have received multiple compliments on the style and ease of paying on-line.

Inconvénients

It was not syncing with QuickBooks when posting to CLIO but that may have been addressed recently. I need to check with my bookkeeper.

Margy W.

The Future of Cloud Computing in the Legal Industry

Publié le 03/12/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Clio has been really helpful organizing a small solo practice and getting that attorney up and running, and then expanding their practice accordingly. It's a great, central location for file management, and being able to use Quickbooks and Clio for billing is spectacular. Clio's client support is stellar, and that is worth a LOT when it comes to case management. Overall, Clio is an excellent choice, and even with my complaints, I do believe it is the standard for the future.

Avantages

I really do believe that Clio is the future of legal cloud computing and practice/file management. It's a functional piece of software that allows attorneys and legal staff to manage cases with ease. There are a few things that I find to be useful with Clio:
1. Clio integrates with tons of other software options, including Grow (a CRM management tool). Keeping things "in the family" is really useful and speeds up management.
2. Clio's billing functionality is really nice. It's one of the more functional back end management tools I've seen, and I really like the way it works. You can integrate it with Quickbooks for easy accounting, which we really appreciate and which looks great on the user end (for clients, when they receive bills).
3. Clio sports a really professional interface, which just looks nice when you're working. It looks grown up and sleek, so if someone peeks over your shoulder or you're working while in the vicinity of clients, it doesn't have a preschool feeling to it.
4. Most important - Clio's customer support is incredible. Have an issue? There are videos you can watch, or people you can talk to. They will literally stay on the phone with you for hours as you troubleshoot issues together, or learn something new. Top notch, seriously.

Inconvénients

I do have a few gripes about Clio. If these were addressed, it would get a 5-star rating from me:
1. Mouseclicks. Clio requires so. many. mouseclicks. It is infuriating at times. I realize this sounds stupid, but over time, they add up. I am a huge fan of efficiency, and Clio is one of the most inefficient programs I've used.
2. Workflows. I really enjoy using workflows to track various projects. Clio sucks at workflows. A complete rework of how they approach them, and how they look for interface with the staff who are responsible for executing, would go a LONG WAY toward making Clio a more useful application. I think workflows are really the topic that causes Clio to lag behind other software out on the market. I would like to see something in place that allows a user to create a workflow, move tasks around in the list, add subtasks to tasks, and assign triggering dates, secondary dates, etc. It would also be useful to be able to assign various tasks to various users. Until that's in place, I'll be sad about using Clio.
3. A central location for performing various functions. Clio does have a left-hand toolbar that allows you to do SOME things, but not ALL things. It would be good if, from the left-hand menu, I could do each discrete thing that I can do in Clio by clicking a mouse a zillion times. Once that happens, I'll be happier.
4. Document management. I'm out of room, but it is not idea. Too much downloading/uploading. Dropbox is better (for collaborati

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 7.0/10

Christopher P.
Traduire en français

A good product, getting better all the time

Publié le 21/11/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

My overall experience with CLIO has been very positive. Having a system that tracks my cases, especially my time management, has been essential. While I don't love the algorithm used in the metrics, as opposed to just showing me what I have done and earned in whole minutes and dollars, having those metrics lets me see how close I am to meeting my goals. And the billing software is incredible and easy to use.

Most of all, I like that the CLIO team seems to understand that there is always room for improvement and is asking its customers and users for feedback, and actually makes improvements. I have been using CLIO for only a year, and CLIO has had two significant improvements in that time, both that were in my view positive adjustments of an already good product. CLIO is some monolithic and static program that you have to take as it is; it continues to grow and improve with user input.

Avantages

CLIO does all of the basic things that a lawyer needs a case management software system to do - keeps track of clients, cases, related persons, keeps a calendar of events, even does billing in all the ways a lawyer bills a client. I especially like the document generation software, which allows our firm to efficiently create a large number of similar documents, motions, and other pleadings for our cases. Finally, I appreciate CLIO's ability to customize fields for contacts and matters.

Inconvénients

CLIO is missing some things that I took for granted in other software, the biggest being warning the user when a scheduling conflict occurs on the calendar. For a busy litigation practice that spans several counties in my state, having a automatic conflict warning when I am scheduling would be extremely helpful in ensuring I am never double-booked.

One of the things I hope CLIO will consider improving in the future is making their document templates able to be organized or with a search function. As an attorney who works in criminal court, family, court probate court, and civil court, I generate a lot of different documents, and its always a chore going through the list to find the one I need. Even organizing documents by category, which CLIO also permits users to customize as needed, would be an improvement in efficiency.

A final thought for improving CLIO would be in the Contacts system, adding a checkbox to permit the use of a work address and other contact information for the contact, both when creating a contact from scratch, or when adding a new contact under a Matter as a related person. Right now, whenever I add a new police officer in my criminal defense cases, even though I have their police department in my contacts, I have to type out the address, phone number, website, etc. in the new officer's contact. A checkbox would save me a great deal of time, or just add the employer contact information as the contact's work addresses as a default.

Sean L.

Best feature set available

Publié le 19/11/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Very positive; I love the software.

Avantages

Clio integrates with so much other software to make your life easier that is just can't be beat. Saving emails via Outlook, generating document templates, collecting e-signatures on engagement agreements—whatever you need, Clio has it.

I can also run billing, monitor bill payments, and overall run the entire law firm with minimal effort, minimal time commitment, and with confidence that everything is running smoothly.

Inconvénients

There are some smaller points that can drive you insane. For example, you cannot customize the look of the emails that go out when you share matters, bill, etc. with your clients. If you—like me—transition from a solo practitioner to running a small law firm, you will eventually need to open new bank accounts. Clio will not let you eliminate the old bank accounts and start from scratch. You can't even force the old bank accounts to be otherwise "invisible" to the system so that you cannot accidentally record money moving into a defunct account. This is a minor complaint, but man does it drive me insane.

I also still want to see a task assignment that allows me to set a supervisor for each assigned task.

Sue F.

Clio's billing system

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 15/11/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall, our experience with Clio's billing system has been positive - everyone likes the time entry. We are glad we went to Clio, its so much better than that other program we had been using.

Avantages

We got Clio specifically for its billing program. Its great that everyone can enter their own time into Clio. I like how Clio does “macros” [they call them “text snippets”]. They work without having to use a code key.

The software is easy to use – for someone like me who is not a bookkeeper and hasn’t done a lot of billing before, it takes a little while to learn how to use it correctly, but once you know how things work, it’s a breeze. The very best thing about Clio, though, is its support staff! They are all great – it doesn’t matter who I’ve talked to they are all quick at getting to the root of my problem and showing me how to fix it. I have called other companies asking questions about their software and sometimes you just don’t believe what they tell you. It has never been that way with Clio – every one of their support staff is very knowledgeable and can quickly set you straight!

Also, Clio is open to suggestions from us and when they get a certain amount of inquiries asking if “they could change this or that”, they will work on it. We have been using Clio for 2 years next month and there are a couple of things they have implemented that we had requested, which is really cool!

Inconvénients

Spell checking in the billing software is not what it could be – it does have the little red underlines if it thinks something is misspelled [like Word], which apparently is easy for some people to ignore. It would be better if Clio had its own dictionary and didn’t depend on the one in the browser. In order to do spell checks, we have to: export the time to a CSV file, spread out the column for the description, run a spell check and remember not to correct the errors there, but go back and find each entry in Clio and correct them there. It’s a little time consuming, and depending on how many typos each person makes during the month, it can be very time consuming, but its much better than reading the draft invoices word for word and finding the errors that way. It would be great if Clio could add spell checking so that it can be run in Clio without having to export and go back and forth.

The only other “con” we have with Clio’s billing system is with discounting invoices. It is very easy to discount an invoice by percentage or a dollar amount, but Clio only applies discounts on the total amount of the invoice, including client expenses, not on time spent only, so we usually put in a dollar amount so the discount comes out to the amount we want it to be , although Clio still applies that amount to the entire invoice.

Jared L.
Traduire en français

Review of Clio use and functionality

Publié le 05/11/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I have been able to delegate more to my support staff by using the different scheduling and tasking features without giving up on my oversight, since I can verify overdue tasks and completed tasks. Also, my staff has been able to manage my calendar through the case and firm calendar features which allows me to draft more and be able to schedule more hearings.

I am in and out of the office most days and the cloud-based aspect of this software and mobile app allows me to keep track of my schedule, access my matters, and contact clients as needed.

Overall my experience has been excellent; I moved from using 4-5 programs and apps to manage my practice, to using 2 because of the integration in the Clio suite. I have recommended this software to several friends and have help to train some of them on the basics while they were feeling it out.

Avantages

I like the fact that there are different levels of cost for the need of your business. I started with one user on the lower tier, then moved up to include more options and added a user. I like the fact that not only does it provide billing and payment integration, but, at the time I upgraded, it included the monthly cost to use Law Pay (which I have also found helpful).

Inconvénients

I feel there are some personal preferences I would like to use in my reports viewing and accounting. But there was a recent revamp rolled out a few months ago that did address some of my needs. Admittedly, although I have used the product for almost 4 years now, I have not watched all the tutorial videos or called with all of my specific questions, even though with the boutique package there is a dedicated help line.

Peter S.

All I Need

Publié le 20/10/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Terrific, a true game changer!

Avantages

Clio provides an all in one suite of applications that are necessary for my law firm to operate. We used to rely on a stand-alone billing software program for our billing and time-tracking. Of course every computer or user we added cost us more money on top of the software itself. When the software became outdated and no longer supported, we had to purchase the latest version. We also relied upon emails to assign tasks, and give each other messages about the cases we were working on together- without a centralized location for the team to track and review each other's notes and progress, each member had to rely upon their own notes, memos, emails, etc. This was inefficient and time consuming. Another fun part of my day was searching for contact information of opposing counsel on particular matters. Often times I would search emails, review the documents on a case, or review documents in the file to get the contact information I needed. Calendaring was also an administrative hurdle. Entering dates in a separate software system led to disorganization, and required jumping around from one program to another to manage information and learn where attorneys were supposed to be.
Clio puts all of these functions , and more, under one roof. It has made the work flow in my law firm seamless, efficient, easy, and organized. Clio does it all, and I am truly grateful for this product.

Inconvénients

I would like it to be easier to review the billing entries of other users in real time.

Amber G.
Traduire en français

Easy to use and great support

Publié le 20/09/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

The overall experience has been an absolute pleasure. I love it! It makes time recording, billing and credit control very straightforward. It sets out the matter and client information in a very simple and straightforward manner. Support is great too which makes a big difference. Everyone who has joined our company has got on with it with just half an hour of general training. Nobody complains about it.

Avantages

Clio is very user-friendly and intuitive. Even if you do not have experience or training on Clio, there is a certain about of functions which you can work out how to use but by having a play with the system. Time recording is very straightforward and it makes our billing easy.

Inconvénients

Downsides are: there is no currency conversation; cannot split invoices on one matter (e.g. we have to 2 or more entities responsible for payment say, 50/50, but there is no way of automatically splitting the invoice; no summary front sheet for an invoice.

Steven B.

Very Satisfied

Publié le 16/09/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Very satisfied; excellent product.

Avantages

Easy to use -- calendaring, opening new matters, time entries, notes, billing. I like the interface, the way it looks. Program includes trust accounting. Can include/integrate credit card billing as an option which I did, and works well. Have used Law Pay for a while and it integrates through Clio. Send out invoices through Clio, client can click on button to make credit card payment, and have option to have program automatically apply to open invoices when payment comes in -- get email notifications of payments. Very satisfied with the program -- does what I need and enjoy using.

Inconvénients

I don't think it's a negative factor, but don't use the mobile app much, for whatever that means. Tend to just check my iphone calendar (I use Office 365 to integrate, other options also I think like Google to integrate -- Clio integrates with Office 365 and iphone calendar will show Office and Google calendar events). There is a new beta version of the mobile app available for use that looked at today and I like -- I could see using that to make entries if I need while out of the office, but usually just do all of that at my computer in the office.

Kimberly B.

Fantastic product!

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 28/08/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

The experience has been great. The support team is very helpful and made getting set up a quick process, and they've helped solve several operator-error problems along the way. We don't yet use the full capability of what Clio can do, but it's nice to know we have room to grow our practice without outgrowing the software that helps us manage it.

Avantages

Clio easily tracks time and expenses, keeps client and matter details organized, generates invoices, and gives us reports that help track our firm's growth. It is easy to learn, easy to use, easy to customize to our practice, and has very helpful and responsive customer service. Since it's cloud based, we can also work remotely as needed. Very glad to have Clio!

Inconvénients

I like most everything about Clio except that it can be slow if our internet service is being slow (not Clio's fault, but it comes with being cloud-based).

Every once in a while I find a glitch that frustrates me in creating invoices. Usually, though, chatting with customer support online leads to a) their showing me how to solve my problem, or b) the problem being sent to tech support for fixing in Clio's system.

Tracy V.

Clio is a mixed bag

Publié le 01/09/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

The worst is retainers. Without being able to customize my email message globally, I can't use the trust payment request. It just confuses clients. Did I say hours and hours and hours? I will say that their service is fabulous. However, they keep making new abilities that to me are inconsequential compared with retainers. Oh, and not having global text snippets? How hard can that be? I have to go to 8 different users if I add something. Really a waste of time. Fix the real stuff. Then add bells and whistles.

Avantages

I love that billing is so much easier, that my team can enter time remotely.

Inconvénients

Clio was not developed by any sort of accountant. The reports are lacking, you can't memorize reports, everything within the software isn't consistent (like using the term everyone one place and all users in another place). The reports are inconsistent with what you can filter by on each report. There are still things where my account names are redundant - like Johnson - Divorce: Divorce. The biggest gripe I have is about replenishing retainers. The retainer replenishments don't get printed on the bill - I know it is because clio payments won't let you make a combined trust/legal fee payment, but they could have one link for anything owed and another link if a replenishment is due. Really - we webt to the moon 50 years ago but we can't figure this out? I spend hours and hours dealing with contacting clients to replenish. Also, way you enter into clio is clunky. I have to pick up my mouse all the time. It needs to be more like quickbooks entry. You never have to pick up your mouse.

Rosalinda B.

Very easy to use

Publié le 29/08/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

It makes part of my job easier.
1.Attorneys are much more comfortable going into Clio by themselves to enter their time or find information/reports instead of having to wait and rely on me to do it.
2.It's much easier and faster to quickly generate reports that split Time (by keeper) and Expenses.
3.Monthly billing goes by much smoother, invoices go out faster, payments are received much faster than if by mail. Attorney's are happier. : )
4.Clients like to be able to receive email with link to process payments online.

Avantages

Time entries can be imported by batch. Trust Requests and Bills can be emailed w/payment link directly from Clio. Past Due Bills can be "shared" with a coupled clicks versus printing out and mailing or using another app to email it.

Inconvénients

1. When looking at a past due bill (and additional bills have been issued and remain unpaid for that same matter) the Outstanding Balance on the Statement of Account section will update and include the balance due for that matter as of the current date + any open Trust Replenishment requests instead of the balance due for that invoice + the balance due of all invoices issued previously to that one.
2. Evergreen Retainers - I keep getting calls from clients saying they can't view the "Shared" invoice when I have applied Trust funds that covered the whole balance. They can see the Trust Request to replenish funds used/applied to an invoice, but they can't see the actual invoice and review what was billed. I have to print the invoice to PDF and go to my email app and send from there.
3. I would like to see a report that shows that various billing rates per timekeeper for each client/matter.

Alicia D.

Best in Class for Small Firms

Publié le 29/08/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

In addition to what I wrote above, Clio Management's customer service and technical support are​ great. They are still working out the kinks on the Clio Grow side after acquiring Lexicata (which I also used and was happy to see integrated). I am excited to see what improvements they have in connecting up the two systems.

Avantages

I've been using Clio since 2010. I have tried other software over the years. I also originally had to use other software that integrated with Clio, but slowly have been able to reduce subscriptions as Clio built out features. Clio is the best in class, affordable, and the software around which I ultimately chose to build all my systems. I like that Clio allows me to manage the entire client file, including documents and emails, bills, and file shares, all within a single integrated system. Less software is cheaper, easier to manage, helps me capture details, and requires less employee training and management.

Inconvénients

Clio still has some features and kinks to work out. Not everything is intuitive. Its plugin with Outlook is a little slow and I don't like that it strips the attachments from emails when placing them in the file. There still isn't enough flexibility in fee arrangements. It could improve the marketing side quite a bit. And I wish you could edit billing entries in bulk a little easier (especially if you made a mistake in one edit, it doesn't save and you lose ALL your edits -- super annoying). That said, all of these bugs and annoyances get addressed by Clio over time. They continually improve and grow the software. So I don't feel that there are any fatal flaws; just quirks that you learn to work around​.

Lucy D.

Solo Attorney Highly Recommends Clio

Publié le 19/08/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Clio has made me much more organized and efficient. My billing process is easier and smoother and I keep better track of accounts receivable. Much easier to track the progress of a file and leads. It is easy to share documents and communications securely with clients

Avantages

Clio software is comprehensive and covers everything that I need as a solo attorney to keep my practice running smoothly and efficiently. Clio Grow is a new feature that helps me track leads, lead sources, the intake process, etc. It is very comprehensive and is easily merged with Clio Manage. The Clio help desk is excellent. Answers are always spot on. If they cannot fix my problem, they will honestly tell me that Clio does not have the capability that I'm looking for and they will offer to submit a request for that capability to be considered in the future. Clio is always looking to address customer needs.

Inconvénients

Does not have all of the capabilities that I need but has most of them. Sometimes the queue for the help desk/chat is rather long.