WhatsUp Gold

4,5 (222)
Donnez votre avis !
Logiciel de surveillance de réseau et d'application

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

222 avis

• Secteur d'activité : Pétrole et énergies

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

WUG is a good software that save me time and my company money.

Publié le 03/04/2018

Less downtime and a better vision into how my very large site is doing. It's too far to walk around checking things all the time.

Avantages

You can monitor nearly anything all at the same time. Anything from Database instances to a single SNMP trap can be monitored. Alerting works great and saves me the trouble of telling someone a room is overheating or power is out.

Inconvénients

Setup can be rather finicky and difficult to understand. Response time is also rather slow and can fool you into thinking it's not working.

Jim
  • Secteur d'activité : Appareils médicaux

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

One of the best Monitoring products available

Publié le 09/09/2020

I monitor all critical objects such as CPU, memory, disk and response time. I am also monitoring critical services such as SQL, Rapid Recovery to name a few. One of the main benefits is receiving an email alert before or when a device is down so we can avoid tons of tickets from users.

Avantages

I have been using What'sUp Gold network monitoring for years. I was first introduced to the product in 2003. My company at the time was using Solarwinds which I found to be not very user friendly. So I did some research and found What'sUP Gold. Out of the box it was easy to implement and provided much more clarity and features. It provides me with a proactive approach for when any monitored device hits a predetermined threshold. Absolutely love it.

Inconvénients

There isn't much I don't like about the product.

Réponse de Progress Software

Thank you for being a long time valued customer and for your positive review!

jack
  • Secteur d'activité : Services d'information

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 1.0 /10

What customer service

Publié le 04/03/2020

We had an open ticket for the better part of 6 months, and was never resolved. We took this support cost of this and upgraded our solarwinds license.

Avantages

Had nice gui to see interactivity. Other than that not much.

Inconvénients

Failed to recognize ios changes on our switches from ios 12 to 15. I had to remove the devices completely and add them back. Contacted support numerous times with no resolution.

Network Performance Monitor

Pourquoi passer à WhatsUp Gold

It was picked before me, I was tasked with updating and managing it.
Brian
  • Secteur d'activité : Équipements publics
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 11–50 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Reliable and easy to use network monitoring software

Publié le 04/01/2021

We have been using WhatsUp as our network monitoring solution for over a decade now, and have found it to be easy to configure and maintain, and pricing was very competitive. We haven't needed to utilize product support more than a couple of times, and they were very responsive and helpful when needed.

Avantages

SNMP and WMI monitoring alerts for monitored devices and services are reliable and easy to configure. Alert Center keeps us up to date on device status. Logs are collected and able to be accessed from one location. The software provides a variety of ways to group devices, and a lot of customizability for various monitors and alerts.

Inconvénients

The mobile app was a nice addition to the platform, however is very basic and could use a lot of improvements to turn it into a useful monitoring and administration tool.

Network Performance Monitor
Dustin

Robust and streamlined monitoring

Publié le 30/07/2020

WUG has been a solid piece of our network for years now, their support team is great and the product does everything we need it to do and more. It is reasonably priced for what you get.

Avantages

We mostly use WhatsUp for server and service monitoring but we also use it for configuration management on the majority of our network devices, Netflow Analysis, and Application monitoring. For years WUG has been a solid investment and the constant flow of updates keeps adding new features with every release. With the ability to create your own custom monitors and actions WUG will let you do almost anything you can think of.

Inconvénients

Because it is so customizable there is a lot to do to make use of the full capabilities of WUG. It would also be nice to see external integrations via an API of some sort bring able to quickly pull info from WUG using a Slack or Teams bot would be handy. An enhancement of the reporting capabilities such as embedded dashboards allowing users to present information from WUG on other websites and services would help admins present WUG information to customers more easily.

Logan

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Mid-level monitoring platform that works

Publié le 22/12/2021

Overall we've had a great experience with WUG. During the Solarwinds hack we were looking for an emergency replacement for our monitoring platform. We were able to get a WUG server set up and going, monitoring all of our systems, within a week. Moving over to WUG has generally been a great experience, with little overhead managing the system. The price was right, as well.

Avantages

This product is easy to set up and has minimum specs - we monitor nearly a thousand systems and sites using just one WUG server.
This product doesn't have bolt-on applications that makes it hard to manage and upgrade down the road.
This product has a lot of value for the money.

Inconvénients

No API interface available for automation of monitoring.
No complex alert logic or recovery notification options available.
Minimum features (plays into some of the Pros, however).

Steve

Simple and easy to use

Publié le 30/07/2020

I have had positive experiences with WhatsUpGold. The sales staff and tech support are friendly and knowledgeable.

Avantages

This software is simple and easy to use. The alerts it gives the I.S. Department are very valuable in that we have so much infrastructure it would be very difficult to monitor all of it in real time. WhatsUpGold makes that task much easier and often lets us know when there is an issue before we would be informed otherwise.

Inconvénients

There is so much information sent to I.S. it could fill up your mailbox pretty quickly if you don't keep on top of it.

NetSuite

Price and capability.

• Secteur d'activité : Logiciels

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Good, but has an antiquated licensing model...

Publié le 05/10/2018

My experience has been pretty good, but as of right now we're looking at other more cost effective options.

Avantages

I like how reliable it is. Once you've got it set up, it just keeps on chugging no matter how many fires are happening around it. It integrates well with PagerDuty and covers the bulk of our monitoring needs.

Inconvénients

I don't like the licensing model. We have multiple sites and we have to set up fully licensed instances at those remote sites for monitoring of those resources. Additionally, we don't have a way to combine all of those remote sites into a single pane of glass with our main site so that we can get a holistic view of our enviornment.

• Secteur d'activité : Assurance

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Great Insight into our network

Publié le 18/09/2020

Avantages

What's Up Gold give us the ability to tailor it to how much view we want. As well as even starting software for us if/when it crashed on a particular machine. Outside of the standard up/down view it provides it also provides very customizable view/access to our network.

Inconvénients

Can get a bit expensive to cover on how the licensing is done but other than that it works great.

Yollanda

Publié le 06/04/2021

it has ease of access and can play around it in hiding other chats and messages

it has ease of access and can play around it in hiding other chats and messages

Avantages

It has more features than the normal whatsapp, thus making it more fun to play around with and explore other options that suit individual need

Inconvénients

number of bugs and unending ads and pop up either up or down part of the application, which can be annoying and disturbing

Thomas
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 5 001–10 000 employés

WhatsUp Gold Analysis

Publié le 04/04/2022

Overall, WUG has been a very positive experience with more positives than negatives. It has alerted us of issues before our customers are aware of them. It has allowed us to create baselines on uptime.

Avantages

This is an inexpensive way to look at your network and get notifications of when you have issues. It also allows you to obtain an inventory of your products. It can take advantage of SNMPv3.

Inconvénients

You can have issues with the requirement to delete and recreate objects to get new inventory. This means replying all the rules again.

SolarWinds Service Desk

Pourquoi passer à WhatsUp Gold

The cost and benefits of the solution.
Paul

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

I have had nothing but outstanding experience with IPswitch and it's staff.

Publié le 17/05/2018

Our Network and VM monitoring has improved by 200%

Our Network and VM monitoring has improved by 200%

Avantages

First is its reliability. I have matched it against other products such as CACTI and more accurate in the numbers game. Also, its flexibility when it comes to even exporting and importing of databases to new versions of WUG. Another aspect I like is how there is always constant improvement with the product. The versions never stay static. Always moving forward. I have in recent made of suggestion and IPSwitch said they would investigate it and possibly have it in a beta release.

Inconvénients

This is a most difficult question to answer. If I had to come up with anything ... It is that they are under staffed. Every single employee on tech side, sales, marketing must be working 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Answers are always 100 percent correct but the same staff answers your questions. Those employee s need help. Hire !!!

Denys

Happy customer

Publié le 30/09/2020

using for network issues troubleshooting . Very convenient tool

using for network issues troubleshooting . Very convenient tool

Avantages

Currently we're using ping , http monitoring for internal network and also for outsided websites. In live gives me the picture of what's happening with the network if any problems. Overall gives what I'm expecting.
I know there are a lot of other features available but don't use them yet.

Inconvénients

It's sitting on the local server so I don't have access to it from outside (from app for example) which not very convenient.
Also, we had to purchase third party monitoring system to monitor What's up, in case any problem with internet or with actual server. To have some outside monitoring system would be helpful too.

Kevin
  • Secteur d'activité : Santé, bien-être et fitness

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

WUG Review

Publié le 15/12/2020

the product is easy to use and not too expensive, it makes it a good fit for my company.

Avantages

The ease of use and the renewal cost of the product

Inconvénients

the more the product grows the more functionality they seem to take out of it.

Springman
  • Secteur d'activité : Construction

Visibility is the key

Publié le 30/09/2020

Setting up took a bit time but once it's up and running, pretty much worry free. LOVE IT.

Avantages

I have been using WhatsUp Gold since 2007 while the main purpose at the time is to see "what is up and what is down". Over the course of the past 13 year as a WUG user, the focus, to me, is switching to have the visibility of our entire network. How is our Internet bandwidth usage? How is the CPU/memory consumption on the application server, etc. I can't imagine how I can do troubleshooting without WUG.

Inconvénients

The VoIP and Wireless module they offer do not work with what we have. That's probably the only down side that I wish everything can be included in one tool.

Marques
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 1 001–5 000 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

Useful Monitoring but Subpar Interface

Publié le 24/11/2020

Overall - Whatsupgold gets the job done but its not a platform that I would necessarily gravitate towards today if I were starting over. The platform definitely has the tools to get the job done, but those tools are not organized in a coherent/cohesive way - which makes the experience feel quite disjointed.

Avantages

I like the amount of monitoring this platform can do. Pretty much if the item is somehow connected to the network, it can be monitored by this platform. Whatsupgold has been good in terms of letting us know proactively when a key system is down and for monitoring the bandwidth at our network sites. It's been a very solid platform when doing some basic things

Inconvénients

The interface is very unintuitive. It feels like you need to take a course on the platform in order to use it successfully. There are alot of options within the platform, but getting them all to work in a clear/clean fashion takes alot of work. Sometimes it feels like you need adjust to the limitations of the platform rather then the platform conforming to you. It doesn't feel as modern as it once did.

Frank

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

WhatsUp Gold allows us to be proactive

Publié le 26/10/2020

Avantages

It allows us to fix most things before the phone calls come pouring in

Inconvénients

We are very happy with the software for what we use it for, daily network monitoring.

PRTG

Robert
  • Secteur d'activité : Administration publique

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 1.0 /10

Limited functionality and features, software updates are unreliable.

Publié le 06/04/2018

We use it to monitor up/down status for 3000 devices.

We use it to monitor up/down status for 3000 devices.

Avantages

I am familiar with the interface. The price model is acceptable. .

Inconvénients

The product has limited functionality and is inflexible to use as a 24x7 monitoring tool. Software updates may fix some problems but often introduce more problems. Overall I am very disappointed with What's Up Gold.

Hi,

I'm sorry that WhatsUp Gold hasn't lived up to your expectations. Our records show that your team had issues with an upgrade. I wanted to let you know that I've reached out to your Ipswitch Account Rep, Shane Lusby, and he will be in touch immediately to make sure we can address any issues that you continue to have.

Regards,
Alex.

Jeff
  • Secteur d'activité : Administration publique

WhatsUp Gold Features

Publié le 20/10/2020

I have this on all my switch and SCADA network, on the switch I can break to see performance monitoring Switch interfaces, Utilization, Memory and CPU pretty simply, grouping is also a nice feature.

Avantages

This product was easy to setup and scan your network, with a few clicks you are off and running monitoring your devices. Another nice feature is the up and down dependency which stops 100's of alerts firing off all at once. The mapping is a nice feature to see all of your network in one glance.

Inconvénients

I wish this product was cloud based and a mobile app

Dustin
  • Secteur d'activité : Impression

WhatsUp Gold as a Monitoring Tool

Publié le 18/09/2020

I enjoyed using the Windows application view and took a while but I'm now comfortable with the web interface.
It provides a critical part of our monitoring environment.

Avantages

The ability to easily monitor various items such as Services, Logs (via syslog), SNMP, WMI.

Sending periodic reports via email to get snapshots of the system and network statuses.

Inconvénients

Exchange application monitoring is thorough but almost too thorough.
I had to adjust quite a few monitors to get a more simplified view.

Jacek

Great Product

Publié le 02/11/2020

Its great, really easy to use and allows IT to be more proactive about their environment. Its nicely displayed in our team area on a digital NOC.

Avantages

Useful dashboards, and alerts that allows our team to fully see how our environment is behaving in realtime. Allows us to be more proactive than reactive.

Inconvénients

It would be great if this application came with all the "add-on" instead of purchasing individual plugins.

Michael
  • Secteur d'activité : Compagnies aériennes/Aéronautique

What's Up Gold

Publié le 30/10/2020

i really love the bandwidth utilization information on our network equipment and that also goes for our wifi network.

Avantages

We mainly use WUG for SNMP monitoring of our network. This tool is quite useful for our operations team to use off hours. We have WUG setup to page the network team and/or our operations team can page when devices are down.

Inconvénients

I would say my network map but I haven't spent a lot of time organizing it.

Robert

Decent nms

Publié le 24/11/2020

Avantages

I like the features around bandwidth monitoring

Inconvénients

Its cumbersome to use and maintain. Otherwise its not bad.

SolarWinds Service Desk et Zendesk Suite
Paul
  • Secteur d'activité : Automobile

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Been using WUG for 10+ years, great product!

Publié le 18/05/2018

Ability to identify network traffic bottlenecks, down devices or down monitors of devices.

Avantages

Layer 2 maps of network with an easy to read & understand status are great. When analyzing network traffic, the ability to filter down to a specific devices' traffic has allowed me to identify networking issues on multiple occasions.

Inconvénients

Challenges working with web interface, sometimes there are issues with certain browsers not being able to perform certain functions.

Scott
  • Secteur d'activité : Enseignement supérieur

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

The interface is getting more cumbersome and tedious to navigate

Publié le 15/05/2018

General monitoring was great, but it's become more difficult to configure for the way we wanted to use it. Free tools now will do the same thing with the same amount of work.

Avantages

It was the ease of use, but that's going away. The ability to use a single service monitor to monitor multiple devices. Too bad thats going away.

Inconvénients

It's gotten cumbersome to use and now the monitors all need to be scripted vs a generic monitor you can use for multiple devices.