171 avis

• Fonctionnalités
des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
171 avis
Utilisateur vérifié
  • Secteur d'activité: Informatique et sécurité réseau
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 2-10 employés

excellent monitoring software

Publié le 05/12/2019

we started using this software many years ago. originally, we started before the Gold version existed. it has been running ever since, and it usually provides the first warning when something goes wrong. it also tells us when something is starting to look a little funny, so most of the time we can address the issue before it becomes an issue.

Avantages

you can monitor just about anything with this software. that's the whole point of monitoring. if you can't monitor everything you want, you need to find a different product.

Inconvénients

feature wise, i have no problems with the software. however, it is a little pricey. it's not anywhere near as expensive as some other monitoring suites, but it is still a little pricey for a small business.

Réponse de Ipswitch Traduire en français

Thank you for your review and for being a valued customer. We appreciate your feedback!

Del B.
  • Secteur d'activité: Santé, bien-être et fitness
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

Excellent monitoring

Publié le 29/10/2020

We switched to WUG from OPManager, brought network monitoring back in house. This saved the company $33K a year.
I had previously used WUG at a different company. When I mentioned the potential cost saving the CIO (Big fan of Solarwinds) thought I might be biased, so he gave the project to the other engineer. Luckily he came up with the same results. I was able to display the same information (add more) on the big screen with WUG vs Solarwinds, so the CIO agreed to switch.

Avantages

I like the easy of the setup and flexibility of the product. We had two other products SolarWinds and OPmanager. Both complicated compared to WUG. To the point we were not using them accept for the basics. Just today I added a new site.

Inconvénients

Some bulk items have to be done on the server and can't be done on the webpage

James F.
  • Secteur d'activité: Administration publique
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 5 001-10 000 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Great monitoring, alerting and switch config backup

Publié le 18/09/2020

Running it for over 4 years and it never went down.
Reliable alerting once you get it setup.

Avantages

Automated Switch config backups.
Great monitoring and alerting systems.
Easy viewing and great for displaying on a monitor.

Complicated alarm setup.
No mobile option.

Denys V.

Happy customer

Publié le 30/09/2020

using for network issues troubleshooting . Very convenient tool

Avantages

Currently we're using ping , http monitoring for internal network and also for outsided websites. In live gives me the picture of what's happening with the network if any problems. Overall gives what I'm expecting.
I know there are a lot of other features available but don't use them yet.

Inconvénients

It's sitting on the local server so I don't have access to it from outside (from app for example) which not very convenient.
Also, we had to purchase third party monitoring system to monitor What's up, in case any problem with internet or with actual server. To have some outside monitoring system would be helpful too.

Jeffrey R.

Review for k-12 educational technology

Publié le 30/07/2020

It has been a great experience. Many years ago I used WUG in business and I now use it in education. It has evolved tremendously and is a go-to in my everyday arsenal.

Avantages

I use many features on a continuous basis. It allows me to be proactive when I see potential issues. In this current world it is essential. I quickly get alerted when things go down and when other things hit thresholds. This has been an awesome addition to my arsenal and saved me on more than one occassion.

Inconvénients

I really do not have any complaints. This offers me exactly what I need and doesn't over complicate things. There are minor hiccups but nothing worth mentioning in this survey.

Chad O.
  • Secteur d'activité: Services et technologies de l'information

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

WhatsUp Gold is great to alert on all types of devices

Publié le 15/05/2018

Benefit of proactively maintaining the full network

Avantages

It allows me to monitor all of the network remotely. I'm able to monitor switches, websites, computers, temperature, etc. I just need to only look at my email to be able to see down statuses of devices

Inconvénients

Taking the time to research how to configure monitoring takes up a lot of my time. Wish there were more instructional videos.

Réponse de Ipswitch Traduire en français

Hi and thanks so much for the kind words! We¿re delighted that you¿re enjoying WhatsUp Gold and we love hearing about how you¿re using it.

If you have further questions about using WhatsUp Gold please feel free to contact us directly or visit our online Community at commmunity.ipswitch.com for more help. Thanks again for using WhatsUp Gold.

Paul B.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

I have had nothing but outstanding experience with IPswitch and it's staff.

Publié le 17/05/2018

Our Network and VM monitoring has improved by 200%

Avantages

First is its reliability. I have matched it against other products such as CACTI and more accurate in the numbers game. Also, its flexibility when it comes to even exporting and importing of databases to new versions of WUG. Another aspect I like is how there is always constant improvement with the product. The versions never stay static. Always moving forward. I have in recent made of suggestion and IPSwitch said they would investigate it and possibly have it in a beta release.

Inconvénients

This is a most difficult question to answer. If I had to come up with anything ... It is that they are under staffed. Every single employee on tech side, sales, marketing must be working 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Answers are always 100 percent correct but the same staff answers your questions. Those employee s need help. Hire !!!

Mike G.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 51-200 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Always Improving, Some Layer 2 Problems

Publié le 08/09/2020

Adequate tool for monitoring and sending alerts to the IT members, with escalations if not resolved

Avantages

It is mostly reliable. Great scan engine, intuitive, maintenance mode with time limits, lots of great features

Inconvénients

Layer 2 auto-maps are not reliable. I have opened several tickets and these problems never get resolved. If this feature worked reliably it would be a huge time saver.

Steve S.
  • Secteur d'activité: Hôpitaux et soins de santé

Simple and easy to use

Publié le 30/07/2020

I have had positive experiences with WhatsUpGold. The sales staff and tech support are friendly and knowledgeable.

Avantages

This software is simple and easy to use. The alerts it gives the I.S. Department are very valuable in that we have so much infrastructure it would be very difficult to monitor all of it in real time. WhatsUpGold makes that task much easier and often lets us know when there is an issue before we would be informed otherwise.

Inconvénients

There is so much information sent to I.S. it could fill up your mailbox pretty quickly if you don't keep on top of it.

Dustin M.
  • Secteur d'activité: Hôpitaux et soins de santé

Robust and streamlined monitoring

Publié le 30/07/2020

WUG has been a solid piece of our network for years now, their support team is great and the product does everything we need it to do and more. It is reasonably priced for what you get.

Avantages

We mostly use WhatsUp for server and service monitoring but we also use it for configuration management on the majority of our network devices, Netflow Analysis, and Application monitoring. For years WUG has been a solid investment and the constant flow of updates keeps adding new features with every release. With the ability to create your own custom monitors and actions WUG will let you do almost anything you can think of.

Inconvénients

Because it is so customizable there is a lot to do to make use of the full capabilities of WUG. It would also be nice to see external integrations via an API of some sort bring able to quickly pull info from WUG using a Slack or Teams bot would be handy. An enhancement of the reporting capabilities such as embedded dashboards allowing users to present information from WUG on other websites and services would help admins present WUG information to customers more easily.

Glenn J.
  • Secteur d'activité: Logiciels

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Excellent product however lately they are advertising features that are not working

Publié le 26/06/2018

It provides us an overall health of the environment and provides great alerting tool.

Avantages

The interface is nice and customizable. Upgrading to new versions are very simple. The overall alert monitoring is great. They continue to add in new features to keep up with the overall demanding IT infrastructure. Working with their technical and product teams are great as they listen to your issues and/or suggestions and look to add new features by communicating to their customers on their sprints.

Inconvénients

As of late the Whats Up Gold Plus product is not delivering based on what has been communicated to their customers. I attended a conference where IPSwitch stated their WhatsUp Gold product supported Microsoft Azure, Dell Compellent Storage and Wireless APs. When we implemented the product it only supports a small piece of Azure that requires Servers and not WebApps/Sites. In addition, the Dell Compellent provides incorrect measurements which is now being looked at on their technical team because there are issues with their release. On the AP Support it is stating they cannot read into our Cisco Airnet APs which are very standard. This too is a feature request. I like the product but for the cost I would expect these types of features to work.

Brian H.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 11-50 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Reliable and easy to use network monitoring software

Publié le 04/01/2021

We have been using WhatsUp as our network monitoring solution for over a decade now, and have found it to be easy to configure and maintain, and pricing was very competitive. We haven't needed to utilize product support more than a couple of times, and they were very responsive and helpful when needed.

Avantages

SNMP and WMI monitoring alerts for monitored devices and services are reliable and easy to configure. Alert Center keeps us up to date on device status. Logs are collected and able to be accessed from one location. The software provides a variety of ways to group devices, and a lot of customizability for various monitors and alerts.

Inconvénients

The mobile app was a nice addition to the platform, however is very basic and could use a lot of improvements to turn it into a useful monitoring and administration tool.

Jim A.
  • Secteur d'activité: Appareils médicaux
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 51-200 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

One of the best Monitoring products available

Publié le 09/09/2020

I monitor all critical objects such as CPU, memory, disk and response time. I am also monitoring critical services such as SQL, Rapid Recovery to name a few. One of the main benefits is receiving an email alert before or when a device is down so we can avoid tons of tickets from users.

Avantages

I have been using What'sUp Gold network monitoring for years. I was first introduced to the product in 2003. My company at the time was using Solarwinds which I found to be not very user friendly. So I did some research and found What'sUP Gold. Out of the box it was easy to implement and provided much more clarity and features. It provides me with a proactive approach for when any monitored device hits a predetermined threshold. Absolutely love it.

Inconvénients

There isn't much I don't like about the product.

Réponse de Progress Software Traduire en français

Thank you for being a long time valued customer and for your positive review!

Ray P.
  • Secteur d'activité: Services financiers

WUG CRA Experience

Publié le 30/07/2020

Alerting and allowing us to be proactive on issues is main focus and WUG has allowed my team to accomplish that goal. Reporting/automating reports and providing different practices within CRA the option of personalized dashboards to gauge performance has been a favorite offering from IT to our end users.

Avantages

Goes without saying that it is easy to implement, intuitive and easy to manage. Dashboards and views are ++++

Inconvénients

been using WUG for over 10years and have brought in to 3 different companies i've worked for---to date, i haven't found anything I dislike.

Rj D.

• Support client

wug 17&18 has an overall better interface that is responsive, a few minor fixes will make it...

Publié le 18/05/2018

Avantages

The device cards are a nice addition; quickly access common features.
Creating dashboard is much easier now than in previous version; more flexible.
I like how things are now grouped together, e.g. accessing logs you don't have to go to 3-4 different locations.
Searching for devices is great!

Inconvénients

Device roles and discovery could use some work.
need to be able finding monitors in library is cumbersome, need a way to search or jump alphabetically
Device types were remove, new versions don't support changing OS type
Need a way to create dynamic HTTPS content monitor, meaning you could hit an address like so : http://%device.Hostname/NmConsole (hostname is not supported, only address)
HTTPS TCP monitors only support SSL TLS 1.0
I spend a lot of time hitting F5 to refresh the browser because the change I just made is not reflected.
you can drag and drop devices - need an easier way to manage groups.
Need a way to pin favorite groups in navigation pane.
When you are on device status page from my network you have to click back button 3-4 times to return to the my network page.
Would like to see more youtube videos on how to use the newer version; would be a great way to deliver user training.
I would like the ability to delete a device from the devices properties page.

Réponse de Ipswitch Traduire en français

Hi, Thanks so much for the kind words! We're delighted that you're enjoying WhatsUp Gold and we love hearing about how you're using it. Please note that we do have a number of videos on Youtube that go into detail on our most recent release WhatsUp Gold 2018 as well as a Quick Tips series of how-to videos here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmaOx9MsMEQ. If you have further questions about using WhatsUp Gold please feel free to contact us directly or visit our online Community for more help. Thanks again for using WhatsUp Gold.

Henry L.
  • Secteur d'activité: Cosmétiques
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

I like the products!

Publié le 02/11/2020

Overall products is good but it needs more easy configurations for basic setting.

Avantages

I could view all device status in simple network map

Inconvénients

It is hard to update the changed info. Also too hard to manage notifications.

Craig L.
  • Secteur d'activité: Services et technologies de l'information
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 2-10 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Easy to configure, customize and implement

Publié le 01/11/2020

Wonderful product and reasonably priced compared to other commercial solutions.

Avantages

Ability to setup proactive alerts based upon custom application monitors, to provide notification to key support individuals of critical process failures.

Inconvénients

Web interface can sometimes be slow and/or require clearing cache and refreshing.

Dorian S.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Great program for monitoring and maintaining your IT infrastructure

Publié le 19/10/2020

Avantages

Basic installation and configuration of WUG is very easy. Out of the box, there are many monitors that can be set up without a large amount of experience. The titles and tooltips make setting up the initial software package very simple.

Inconvénients

Adding non-default alerts seem to be a little more difficult than should be.

Tom V.
  • Secteur d'activité: Administration publique

Legacy WUG user

Publié le 22/10/2020

We are proactively monitoring network, server and application infrastructure in a way that allows for pro-active maintenance and reporting. It allows us to view and manage IT assets easily, I only wish I had more time to utilize more of it's features.

Avantages

It provides a nice visual representation of the health of your IT infrastructure environment and allows for the easy drilling down into details that are needed. It is full of features and information and allows for proactive monitoring.

Inconvénients

Nothing specifically at this time.

Mark S.
  • Secteur d'activité: Agriculture

WhatsUp Gold Replaces Monitoring Service

Publié le 30/11/2020

WhatsUP gold is monitoring the same things, if not more, than an IT services company was doing for about $500/mo. This saved us a huge amount of money in the long run and was totally worth the configuration issues we had.

Avantages

Customizable to monitor only the network parts/components that we wanted monitored.
Able to set it to send email and SMS (via email) alerts to multiple users.

Inconvénients

Network discovery was a bit slow and clunky. After a network change we had to delete the current monitors and do a complete re-scan or it doubled up the devices.

Evan M.
  • Secteur d'activité: Banque

WhatsUp Gold

Publié le 27/05/2021

It has been a positive one. I have used WUG for about 7 years now.

Avantages

Configuration Management, Monitoring and the Dashboards.

Inconvénients

The reporting is lacking as I feel like it hasn't been updated in some time. The manner in which reports are sent via email can be sloppy at times and the actual reporting options are limited.

Jim D.
  • Secteur d'activité: Recrutement
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

WhatsUp Gold

Publié le 27/10/2020

We use Whatsup Gold to proactively tell us when something is wrong before users start complaining. It has served us well in this capacity
We use WUG thresholds and netflow data to determine when business (and non-business) processes are interfering with user performance at our branches with limited network capacity. We use the netflow data and work with the branch to have the offending processes eliminated or moved to afterhours when there is no user impact.
We use thresholds and dashboard graphs to provide capacity planning information.
Overall WhatsUp Gold has been a mixed bag for us. There have been failed upgrades and bugs that cost us time. Page rendering is adequate at best and frustrating at its worst. But is has provided the monitoring alerting, and capacity planning that we need to stay ahead.

Avantages

The ease of adding a device, and getting monitors configured with alerts is what like best. To go from no monitoring to getting a text/email when something goes wrong is relatively easy with this product.

The ease of putting specific graph items on a page (dashboard) is also very useful.

Inconvénients

The biggest problem with this product is the performance/capacity of the product to generate graphs. Using java to fetch data from the database to paint pages is slow. I can collect 500,000 data items and generate 100,000 graphs without much horsepower with a tool like CACTI which uses php and flat text rrd files to paint the graph. I can put ten times as many graphs on a page and it still paints 10 times faster. This performance limitation is the biggest week point between your products and the competition. I maintain a CACTI server to do the heavy lifting for graphing high density interface switches in the data centers because WUG is too slow.

The thing that I like least about the software is the inability of the administrator to manage other users views. and the lack of an anonymous view. You want to be able to give upper management a link to click on to see pretty graphs and charts. They do not want to have to log in. And you do not want them messing up the view so it constantly has to be fixed. Logging in as admin, changing the users rights, logging out,logging in as the user, changing the dashboard, logging out, logging in as the admin and setting the rights back, is a lousy way to have to manage this.

Mohamed C.
  • Secteur d'activité: Art/artisanat
  • Taille de l'entreprise: Auto-entrepreneur

super app

Publié le 14/06/2021

and finally this is the best application to communicate and know the news

Avantages

The thing I liked the most about this application is to facilitate communication with relatives and friends and to bring distances closer. From my point of view, this is the best application for communication and saving time.

Inconvénients

Praise be to God, we do not face any problems with this application, and I suggest increasing the knowledge of those who visited your page

Kristina H.
  • Secteur d'activité: Machines
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an

WhatsUp Gold Review

Publié le 19/10/2020

After everything was set up, we have had almost no issues. The customer support is great and the reps are great. The software has free updates which is awesome and the community board is very helpful. I would recommend this product to any IT environment that is looking for network monitoring solution.

Avantages

It fits exactly what we need it to do. Monitor our devices and send us alerts when there is an issue. The schematic is also very helpful because we have it broken down into locations and grouped together to make things easier to use. It is also very helpful to put in all the information we have into the details of the device so that its all in one place. It helps us stay organized!

Inconvénients

The set up was atrocious. We had to run a scan like 6 times to find everything. Eventually I had to add things in one by one which took forever. It is not simple to use. You have to really understand the icons and how things are linked within the software. I wished there was better documentation and videos about this. Especially with the setup. The whole installation and setup was a nightmare.

Dustin R.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

WhatsUpGold is a great tool for monitoring the status of your network.

Publié le 15/05/2018

We mainly benefit from the alerts system that will notify all specified employees via text/email whenever a part of our network goes down. Typically we will know something is down before our users even notice the problem.

Avantages

The alerts are where WhatsUpGold really shines. They are all fully customizable and once they're setup to your specifications they work like a dream. A majority of the time we will know when something on the network goes down before our users even notice the problem!

Inconvénients

This product can do so many different things it becomes a little overwhelming. Once alerts are setup they work great, but the configuration process can get pretty confusing if you haven't done it before. Online training videos on how to configure certain features would be a great tool.