1 724 avis affichés sur 1 773
94% des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
1 724 avis affichés sur 1 773
Derek N.
Traduire en français

The best web design platform available

Publié le 04/08/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I am designing 99% of my clients websites on Squarespace. It helps me get to market faster and easier, and deliver a product my clients love.

Avantages

I have been designing websites professionally for over 15 years and it's very rare that I don't design on Squarespace for clients. It's easy to use, the templates are beautiful, and there are so many features and endless flexibility.

Inconvénients

I wish custom code injection was available on the basic/personal levels. As of right now, you need to upgrade to the business account to inject any code in the header or footer.

Kayla H.
Secteur d'activité: Animation

A Great Website Making Tool

Publié le 17/06/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Squarespace has made my online portfolio unique, eyecatching, and a great way to show off my work to prospective clients. They also consistently have great first time offers so if you are considering using their services you can almost always find it at a great deal.

Avantages

It is easy to use, especially for someone who doesn't understand HTML like me. There are plenty of templates that fit each of my needs for my site as whole. I especially love the ways to set up picture galleries, which are most of what I have on there as I use it as an art portfolio.

Inconvénients

Hooking up multiple domains to a single website can be a bit of a hassle, but eventually I was able to get mine running smoothly, and that is a very specific issue to have regardless.

Andrea C.
Secteur d'activité: Design
Traduire en français

SquareSpace is a let-down. It's hard to use and is missing basic features. The marketing fooled me!

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois
Publié le 23/07/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall, I hated using SquareSpace and I was so disappointed because I switched away from WordPress + Divi to give SquareSpace a whirl based on SquareSpace's amazing marketing. What a let down. I will never use SquareSpace again. My client wanted both of his sites designed in SquareSpace because he was also duped by the ads. I made one site and it took forever because I was constantly googling how to do something with code to get the site how we wanted it. If you use SquareSpace be prepared to be frustrated or to hire a developer. Basic functionality is missing and you can't copy anything you've done to use elsewhere. I wanted to duplicate the first site and modify it for the second. You can't do that. I had to make both sites from scratch. Support was absolutely terrible. Zero help compared to the awesome Divi support staff that has made my designing life so great for so many years (I'm not an affiliate, just a fan). Oh! And SquareSpace is expensive! You have to pay for each and every site. With WordPress, you pay for hosting somewhere, like Siteground, and you can add as many sites to that account as you like no charge. Squarespace has pretty templates that you can't modify pretty much at all, and it's expensive with terrible support. Do not choose SquareSpace as your CMS unless you are a developer. Awful.

Avantages

SquareSpace has beautiful templates. They are truly gorgeous. SquareSpace also has an easy-to-use sidebar of options that puts everything that you can do on the left side. The interface is as clean as the templates. Hosting of your site is done through Squarespace. That's it when it comes to pros. There are a ton of Cons to using SquareSpace.

Inconvénients

As a WordPress user (who has also designed with Wix), SquareSpace falls short almost everywhere. You can't import your brand font—essential. You have to use code or a back-door solution with AdobeFonts. If you want 5 items in a row, no can do. You get 4 or 6. You can't drag the amount of padding around items and sections. You must use spacer blocks (time consuming and such a bad way to do things). There's no media storage! If you upload your photo it isn't stored anywhere for easy selection later. You must upload the same image multiple times whenever you need it—frustrating. Changes can't be made on individual copy styles. Squarespace sets up its CMS as a global system so if you want to change the way your font looks in just one place, you need to insert code (markdown block). You should be able to select it and change the size or colour. But no. It's CRAZY! So time-consuming. Missing basic word-processing functionality. Squarespace has no plugin options. You can't duplicate a page of your site and you can't duplicate your site! Everything is done from scratch! In WordPress, you download a .JSON file and upload it somewhere else and you're flying. Not with SquareSpace. You can't make your overlays look different per section. Everything applies globally. You can't add borders to images. The biggest CON? There's no undo! No revision history. If you delete something accidentally, it's gone forever. Support is terrible. Every answer is "you can't do that" or "try to find code.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 1.0/10

Karl M.
Secteur d'activité: Articles de sport
Traduire en français

Squarespace is beautiful, but lacks some basic functionality

Publié le 20/03/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Functional and beautiful when it works. Very limiting in the area of sales tax.

Avantages

Squarespace makes it easy to build a nice website without too much coding know-how. It's very flexible, even for taking orders for customized products.

Inconvénients

Squarespace lacks the basic function of making certain products tax-free. For instance, we don't have sales tax on clothing in MN, but we do on hard goods. If you sell both of these products on your website, your out of luck because the tax setting are tied to location only, not products. This makes selling both retail and wholesale through the same site virtually impossible without some serious workarounds. Myself and many other people have made squarespace aware of this basic issue for more than 3 years, but insofar they haven't come up with any solutions.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 7.0/10

Utilisateur vérifié
Secteur d'activité: Enseignement supérieur
Taille de l'entreprise: 1 001-5 000 employés
Traduire en français

Squarespace makes complicated tasks smooth and easy

Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 29/04/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

It's been really good! I use Squarespace for my photography portfolio. Back in the day I coded my own websites and it was a pain in the butt. Having Squarespace as an option is just so much better. I can focus on the parts of the process that I enjoy.

Avantages

- It's easy to use and quite easy to customize. There are a lot of possibilities.
- Templates are fresh and inspiring.
- Interface is smooth and easy to navigate.
- Uploading and organizing photos is a dream. It's very easy.
- Templates work flawlessly on desktop and mobile
- Price is fair (not cheap, but a good value for everything it includes)
- The first year was half price with my student email address

Inconvénients

- There's no way to create a client proofing gallery! This feature would be invaluable to photographers who want to give their clients a way to select which photos they're interested in.
- Having a custom email address costs extra (I believe it's $5/month)
- The selection of templates is a little limited and sites can have a noticeable Squarespace look. But there is room for customization.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 8.0/10

Cydney I.
Secteur d'activité: Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif
Traduire en français

Squarespace does it again!

Publié le 25/03/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Squarespace has allowed me to acclimate over 30 interns, 15 guest bloggers, and a few editors over the past 8 years to the blogging world with more ease and purpose than ever before.

Avantages

I love that Squarespace allows me to set up sites for the many brands I've founded or managed. Each of them can be set up with a different plan, a different feel, and a different purpose. Even the templates are highly customizable so while you know it's my style, no two sites look exactly alike.

Inconvénients

The thing I like least about the software is probably the lack of a tutorial interface for clients and creatives who don't have as much experience as me. There are plenty of help articles and the Customer Support is always helpful, however, I feel like the tutorial for setting up should be much more interactive.

Marilyn "m.e." P.
Secteur d'activité: Institutions religieuses

The Best DIY Website

Publié le 09/06/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

The experience has been amazing. Many have tried to get me to move my websites but Square space is simply too user friendly.

Avantages

Square Space is my complete saving grace. For many years I have benefited from the ease of using this system

Inconvénients

It would be wonderful to use multiple fonts thought out the site on various pages. I don't like having only 3 fonts.

Eduardo D.
Secteur d'activité: Musique
Traduire en français

Allows my donations to be Mobile

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 17/06/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Squarespace allows us to make the customer experience much faster allowing us to rapidly accept transactions. The speed in which we can operate offsets any fee's in the long run.

Avantages

It's a very simple product to maneuver. We use this to capture donations when our job is on-the-go. It's ability to simplify the process of donations for our institution is great. It's worth the nominal fee in order to speed up transactions.

Inconvénients

Unfortunately it doesn't integrate with our CRM very well. It's a pretty manual process to get the data back into our CRM.

Matthew B.
Secteur d'activité: Services et technologies de l'information
Traduire en français

Easy to customize and launch in hours!

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant 1 à 5 mois
Publié le 15/03/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

It was very easy and I would definitely recommend to someone that really just needs to advertise their products/services. Not for a more complex form of interaction with their users/customers.

Avantages

I needed a web presence in a few days and I was able to use the stock photography and built in themes to quickly put up my site. Being a web developer I was used to manually building these sites - but it is a pain to build for all devices/form-factors and browsers. This took away the complexity completely.

Inconvénients

Customizations are very limited and costly - each feature usually comes at a cost that quickly adds up if you aren't careful. Domain transfers are especially painful and costly.

Russell W.
Secteur d'activité: Divertissement

Easily Create A Beautiful Website For Your Business

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 10/06/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I began using this software after using Wix and I have had a great experience with it thus far.

Avantages

What I like most about this particular software is the fact that it has some very beautiful templates. However, I also like the fact that it allows you to deeply customize the features of your website. There's no limitations whatsoever.

Inconvénients

There were no cons with this particular software, except for the fact that they do not offer any free subscription plans after your trial period ends.

Mimi M.
Traduire en français

Allows anyone to be a professional, easily

Publié le 14/04/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall, I am pleased with Squarespace. I think it is the most professional website builder out there. However, its price point and its inconsistencies hinder it from getting a 10/10 on my end.

Avantages

I like how easy to customize and use Squarespace is and always has been. Especially with their latest version release, site building has become more customizable than ever. Their templates also serve as awesome inspiration. Customer service is also quick, friendly, and efficient.

Inconvénients

There are some inconsistencies across templates and versions. Things like adding a caption to galleries or password protecting a portfolio page - which you'd think would be options, based on previous templates or other modules/page types, are not available across the board. This is frustrating when you're building a site with a specific vision in mind, but you can't achieve those results. CX associates have also told me that there are 'bugs' that are being sent to tech teams, however they can't provide updates on ETA's for fixes. It has been a month since I was told that, still no fix. It's not a good look to have such a tech-forward company fail on promises or updates to users on bugs, or elements that are prohibiting from utilizing the platform in the ways expected. Squarespace is also quite pricey compared to its competitors.

Kim B.
Secteur d'activité: Rédaction et correction
Traduire en français

Top quality website and easy to create!

Publié le 21/01/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

So far all my experiences are incredible! They get back to me right away whenever I have a question or issue. Fast to resolve.

Avantages

Top quality website! Very easy to create a professional looking website all by myself. The templates are wonderful and suitable for all different types of programs. Absolutely love it!

Inconvénients

The monthly subscription program is pricey but a less expensive option then what I've used before.

Alanna W.

Love hate relationship.

Publié le 17/01/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

It’s a good option for the price, but as soon as I can afford more, I’m personally going to move on to a better website builder with more customization ability.

Avantages

I love that it looks classy even if you’re not familiar with how to use website designing softwares. This is mostly due to the fact that they only allow certain liberties to the user unless the user knows code. In other words, they do not allow the user to make major changes to their templates, because they had professional designers put the templates together so they’d look great! And why let the user mess with a professionally designed look?

Inconvénients

The fact that the user cannot change much means that intermediate users are out of luck. In my case, I am very familiar with how to make an appealing design, and I am also familiar with website builders in general, BUT I do not know coding so I can’t change details that way. Because I know more than a beginner, I get very frustrated at the limitations in design that I am dealt by Squarespace.

For instance, they only allow 3 font styles throughout the site, which I understand is a great design approach, but sometimes a different font size or color is NEEDED. Just saying! (Particular afternoon campaign you might want to feature on a particular page, a slight color variation so it shows up better on a photo, etc.)

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 6.0/10

Utilisateur vérifié
Secteur d'activité: Gestion de l'enseignement
Traduire en français

A beautiful website, tailored to you

Publié le 15/01/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I have a beautiful, functional website to direct clients to. It has a blog, a shop where they can purchase items and much more. The site allows me to capture visitor information, make sales and create first interactions with me and my services. It allows me to have a "home base" from which I launch all of my projects and ideas. I have had Squarespace for several years now and never plan to change--it's really that good! I have experimented with other providers but never found anything so well crafted and easy to use.

Avantages

Squarespace allows you to select a plan that fits your needs. You can choose plans with unlimited pages, commerce options and much more. I love that it's made to be user friendly and there is no coding required (you can code as an advanced option but it's really not at all needed since they offer you everything). You can add all kinds of features to webpages, like forms, surveys, images and much more just by adding elements they call "blocks". This makes it very easy to customize the website to look, feel and operate just like you would like. If you previously couldn't realize your website dreams due to a lack of technical know-how, you can use Squarespace to design like a pro.

Inconvénients

Sometimes it can be slightly unintuitive as to where to find something, so it takes me a few extra minutes to find out where I can tweak a specific setting.

Customer support is excellent and fast to respond but only by email or chat, not by phone.

You do have to upgrade to a higher plan for some features, like abandoned cart recovery at checkout, for example; however, for the value they offer, I think all the upgrades are worth the cost.

Jane R.
Secteur d'activité: Édition
Traduire en français

Great design, great features, great support

Publié le 13/12/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I was first introduced to Squarespace when I hired someone to design the website for my business, and he showed me how to make changes myself. From there I started to play with it and ended up creating simple websites for several clients, many of whom were then able to take over their own upkeep and maintenance. And in the three years I've been working with Squarespace sites, the features and support have only improved. I also love that they're very attuned to what's trending in graphic design, so their templates never look dated.

Avantages

The aesthetic. Squarespace's design templates are fresh, current, and appealing to begin with, which provides a lot of options for customization.

Inconvénients

It's not the most intuitive interface ever, but that said, they provide outstanding how-to articles and videos and infinitely patient customer support, so it's not hard to figure out how to do what you want to do, even if you have no coding experience.

Ian B.
Traduire en français

A website-builder following the K.I.S.S. mantra

Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 11/12/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Squarespace can't do everything you might want from a website. Or... well... it probably nearly can. The devil is in "how" it accomplishes things. Essentially the whole product keeps you "on rails" as you roll out a website. Every element within the builder has maybe one or two customization options, but the rest is hidden behind an impenetrable interface. But, Squarespace isn't just keeping functionality out of your hands to be cruel, it is often saving you from yourself. By limiting the options available to you, they also limit the potential outcomes of your foray into web design / ecommerce / etc into mostly desirable ones. Sometimes, rules/restrictions can be good! In this way, I'd say they are kind of like the "apple" of website-building platforms.

Avantages

At one time, Squarespace's slogan was "build it beautiful." They take this mantra seriously, as the platform makes it almost impossible to NOT make a beautiful website. Can it be restrictive? Yes. But in limiting the user's options, it often is doing them a service. If you absolutely must have functionality or an type of implementation Squarespace doesn't support, then you probably need the help of an expert (either a dev agency or a marketing/design agency) or you are yourself an expert – in which case, you probably should have started with a more sophisticated tool.

Inconvénients

The one area where customization is often necessary is in CSS. A bit of custom CSS goes a long way toward making a site look less like a template. Just as having a clean crisp UI/UX is the bread and butter that makes Squarespace sites so attractive to small businesses, having a "one-of-a-kind" look can go a long way toward making those businesses look more credible. It is a delicate balancing act, which Squarespace usually nails quite well... but the lack of documentation on how the site treats custom CSS is a shortcoming. I basically end up anding "Important!" to everything, because it is impossible to tell what elements of my CSS Squarespace is going to arbitrarily overwrite with no explanation.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 8.0/10

Kinsey V.
Traduire en français

Web Design, but make it fun.

Publié le 11/12/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I first started using Squarespace under another Photographer, whom I was managing their studio and day to day "to-do's". I took over her website maintenance and blog, to which was surprisingly easy to navigate. I loved how I was able to read analytics and see what content was working and what was not. The sleek layouts made a few easy clicks look like I spent 4 years in web design. So it was really a no brainer when I decided to start my own business; I knew I would be showing my work to the world through Squarespace. There is just something about the designs of these Squarespace websites that look stunningly polished and exceptionally functional.

Avantages

As a former user of Wordpress, I found Squarespace to be a breath of fresh air. I've be using it since 2014 and have never looked back. It actually made designing my website and grabbing analytics fun! When navigating the software, it felt like I had been here before. It was so easy to find the tools and customize the fonts and sizing to my preferences. Adding pictures in where I need them is easy and the layouts they offer display my work in such a beautiful fashion that even I'm blown away. All in all, I love this software because it offers so many different themes and customizations without being confusing. It's actually fun and I love that a blog is included with my site. It's like a whole other site to customize and tweak to your taste. I was never a blogger before but now I don't have a choice, Squarespace makes it too easy to make excuses now.

Inconvénients

There are very few things that come to mind when talking about disliking this software. I do wish there was a larger library of fonts readily available for each area of customization, across all themes.

Kael K.
Secteur d'activité: Services environnementaux
Traduire en français

The best website builder for lightweight needs and support

Publié le 31/10/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall, Squarespace has saved me a great deal of time managing the website and keeping it updated and current. It hasn't been without its headaches but it's definitely nice to be able to leave it sit for a period of time without worrying about technical difficulties. I used WordPress in the past and it's much, much easier. The major downside is your site will look Squarespace-y. All Squarespace sites have a certain modern styling and it's difficult to give it a unique look but that's the price we pay for simplicity.

Avantages

The ease of creating and managing the website are its strongest suite. There is definitely a learning curve and not everything is intuitive out of the box. However, once you get through the quirks it can save substantial amounts of time creating content and maintaining the site into the future. It takes a lot of complexity out of website creation. It's a major relief to not have to worry about updating plugins and hoping something doesn't break. It's mobile friendly out of the box and much easier to handle things like image galleries or even selling products.

Inconvénients

Every website must be on its own plan. No bundles or creating multiple websites on the same server. Choosing a template upfront can be tricky because it's hard to foresee what capabilities you'll need down the line and each template has its own abilities and quirks. You can always change the template but that often requires substantial reworking of the content. Also, you must work with the confines of what Squarespace can do. If you're trying to do something relatively complicated you're likely to run into roadblocks and limitations and you'll be stuck doing it the "Squarespace way" or not at all.

Meghan H.
Secteur d'activité: Restaurants

The Best Website Builder for Simple Sites

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 30/09/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I genuinely love this tool for creating websites. It is easy to use, cost efficient, and turns out a great end product. I have used it to make websites for photographers, restaurants, and sales businesses alike. It is so versatile and every site visitor thinks it's professionally done.

Avantages

This software is easy to use, intuitive, and when you can't figure something out Support is right there for you. They have tons of how to videos and instructions that make everything pretty easy to figure out.

Inconvénients

I dislike the spacer feature - it gets pretty annoying to use those instead of being able to snap an object to a grid and align that way. It works much like Microsoft Word in the sense that if you try to resize or adjust something, sometimes everything on the page moves.

Patrice P.
Secteur d'activité: Divertissement
Traduire en français

Be Fancy....AND Simple....Live Your Website Dreams!

Publié le 25/09/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall, Squarespace gets the job done and looks good doing it! I do hope that there's continued improvement in the area that I mentioned above, but overall, I've been happy with Squarespace.

Avantages

What drew me to Squarespace initially were the aesthetics. The style and choice of their templates were a cut above what I had seen on Wordpress or WIX - of which I did try using both platforms at one point in time. I also LOVE how user friendly Squarespace is! Even if you're not super techie, it feels very intuitive and dare I say...fun to use...

Inconvénients

One of my biggest cons lies within the "blogging" aspect of Squarespace. There are a great deal of limitations in formatting, especially if you don't know how to code. When creating a draft of a blog, Squarespace does not *automatically save anything as you go....so I cringe at the times that I've lost an entire blog post because something froze --- the remedy I was told was to simply type out a blog post in another application (Word, etc.) and then post it in the blog section. But I often find myself editing a draft in Squarespace -- making final corrections.....so I have to be veryyy careful to only edit in my "Word" document and not make any changes once I put it into Squarespace or it has the potential of being lost....

Laura P.
Traduire en français

Great website usage, and overall easeability for someone who doesn't know how to code

Publié le 18/09/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall, I will be a lifetime user of Squarespace. It has catapulted my wedding photography business into the next level, allowed me to optimize my site with unique keywords and SEO search terms that put it at the top of the Google search for wedding photographers in my area, and the analytics section of the site is really helpful to see where my traffic is coming from on my site and how I can drive more traffic to my site. Again, as someone who knows hardly anything about SEO, it has made me an SEO wizard and has revolutionized my wedding photography business!

Avantages

I love the fact that there are so many templates that you can choose from to make your website exactly the way that you want it to. I also love the fact that the templates are so easy to use, especially for someone like me who doesn't like or really know how to code!

Inconvénients

What I dislike is that there are certain templates that do not allow you to customize as easily, or at all, as some of the other templates. I found that I have to really search how to change things within each template and then decide from there if it is a template that I want to use. It was trial and error to discover that not all templates have fully customizable features and I wish that they all were fully customizable to make it even easier to use.

Marisela E.
Secteur d'activité: Mode et vêtements
Traduire en français

The best website builder!!

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 05/09/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We have a very professional website, the website is optimized, it is easy to use for our clients, and has brought in more business because of the look of our website. We are pleased with using Squarespace, in that it allows us to update our site easily, make necessary changes, we are able to look at the Analytics and make changes based on that information. We are able to invoice clients through the website, so everything looks professional.

Avantages

There are so many great features with this software, all laid out beautifully with the interface. You can start designing your website using one of the suggested templates or a blank site, but right away you can add images and text, manipulate the look/size/overall feel of the site. The best part is that you can see how the changes look right away, you can see your site on computer screen, or tablet, phone; you can see how website looks in the different formats.

In addition, there are Commerce features and many others that are excellent.

Lastly, the way that files are saved are organized, very easy to retrieve and add onto the various pages, structures.

Inconvénients

There are no cons that I have encountered. I am very happy with how the website looks. The one con is that it takes a bit of time to build the website to your desired professional look... but that is expected of any website building experience. That it will take some time to get to the finished result.

Marianne L.
Secteur d'activité: Design

Beautiful Templates but lacking in Clarity and Customer Support

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 08/08/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

The intent of this site was I thought to make it possible for anyone to easily create their own website and get it up and running quickly. I didn't get that and felt I was making compromises again and again. I started a blog on Squarespace with the intent of linking it to my website - Squarespace said it would be a seamless process - followed the instructions could never get it to happen so it's still not linked. There was a challenge with my G Suite registration when I went to renew and after days of frustration and the risk of losing my domain I found out it was something on the Squarespace side that had not been completed. Definitely not what I thought I was getting.

Avantages

I am an experiential designer so my website needs to really give a potential client a feel for what I do. After looking at several products available I selected Squarespace because I felt their esthetic best fit mine. There many beautiful templates to choose from.

Inconvénients

I'm not a web designer but have clear sense of what I want my website to look like. I thought starting with a template close to where I would like the final site to be like would make the process easier and I could get it done on my own. Not the case. Step by step instructions are lacking in information. Inserting text and content is complicated and the final results were not what I originally thought I was getting and found myself making compromises left and right. The template you choose is populated with the elements (font & images) that caught your eye but you have to remove it all to build your content.If half way through you realize as I did this might be the best way to display my images after all you have to start all over again nothing transfers.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 7.0/10

Jenna S.
Traduire en français

The Best AND Easiest Website-Creating Software You Will Ever Use!

Publié le 04/08/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Squarespace has saved me time, money, and has allowed me to expand my photography business over the past 5 years by providing the perfect place for clients to find me online. Plus, I get SO many compliments on my website! People always comment on how it is professional, clean, and easy to navigate.

Avantages

When I first started looking for a platform to create a website for my fledgling photography business nearly 5 years ago, there were a few specific characteristics I was seeking: I needed the platform to be easy to use, quick to set up, and to showcase my photos in an optimal way to potential clients. I found all of that and more with Squarespace! I was able to get my website set up in just a few days and was able to do it without any tears or that "I'm going to pull my hair out!" feeling. If anything, it was the complete opposite! I couldn't believe how easy everything was to set up and how professional my website looked.

Inconvénients

The ONE thing I wish Squarespace had more of: more creative templates. Their website templates are a great, solid "skeleton" (if you will), but you definitely have to put extra work in if you want to make your website stand out from others who utilize the same template.

Joshua D.
Secteur d'activité: Institutions religieuses
Traduire en français

Squarespace gives you web-designer results even if you don't happen to be one.

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 29/07/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall, I love this product. Everything just works, all the time. No patches, no updates. Easy, easy, easy. And when I made the switch, the actual initial setup of the site took less than a day. Granted the copy was all mostly written, and I was largely just copying and pasting. But still--the whole website was user-ready in a day.

Avantages

Squarespace gives a fantastic user experience at every step of the process. Setup is a snap, site design and layout are easy, with a click-and-drag graphical menu system that makes it easy to visualize the overall structure of the site. Page design is super easy, with drag and drop modules that provide a wide range of functionalities. And there is an integrated store and payment system powered by Stripe.

I also love the code block module -- this has been super helpful in beginning to integrate our directory functionality into the website. If you know some HTML, this can be a big plus in adding features.

The responsiveness is nearly flawless and (almost always) looks exactly the way I want it to, no matter what device I'm using.

Inconvénients

Squarespace does not provide a native file serving solution. Our organization needs to provide documents, forms, and announcements to members. I have created a workaround using Google Drive and a hyperlinked index page on the site, but if I were not already able to use Google Apps script, the maintenance of this index page would be cumbersome.

There is also no member-forum type module offered by Squarespace. Again, there are workarounds for this, but it would be nice to have a native solution.

Also, the Squarespace calendar module does not integrate with Google Calendar. Once again, I have found a workaround for this using an <iframe> in an HTML code block, but it would be nice if there were native Google Calendar integration offered by Squarespace.