Avis sur Square Point of Sale

Square Point of Sale

iPad & Android point of sale (POS) system

4.7/5 (254 avis)

Great, but getting less so

Publié le 22.02.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We've been with Square since about 2011, and have seen a lot of changes take place over that time. Square is still easily one of the best solutions out there for small businesses that want to pay when they profit, instead of draining out to a merchant account or such, however recently it's also seen a trend towards "Form over Function" which is a bit troubling considering that it's sole focus should be ease of use by businesses for the purpose of minimizing overhead and increasing revenue.

Avantages

Free app, pay when you make a sale, reliability is decent, don't have to purchase your own hardware. Still a strong contender despite it's more recent frustrations.

Inconvénients

Square has reached a point of maturation in which it's starting to feel like they are inventing new "features" for the sake of doing so (or for the sake of justifying growth to investors), instead of focusing on issues that are most commonly stated in community forums, and requested daily to devs. which would actually help lead to increased market share.

Square would rather overhaul the look of your dashboard to make it look pretty than say for instance create a method in which UPC/EAN's could be stored alongside SKU's for easy internal, and external interfacing of inventory from suppliers.

Square removed the ability to sort by "low" and "out of stock" on the backend without having email notifications enabled, resulting in thousands of needless emails yearly (which we have to filter out) where we used to be able to login, click "sort by" and see a list of what was close to, or out of stock for re-order.

Square changed it's item creation page to require not one, but two additional clicks, and increased scrolling to edit even trivial item options. This used to be able to be done in one click, and all fields visible. Also, the "Delete" button is now directly beside the "Save" button, make sure you don't click it by mistake.

Had engineers followed up (as promised) to any of the three phone calls made about these issues I would not be as harsh, but as they haven't, here you go.

5.0/10

New SQUARE Dedicated POS system is great -- Just needs expansion modules

Publié le 06.05.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I can look at reporting from my house, most other POS systems don't allow for that. I can also add to and take from my inventory and item list, I don't have to be tied to my facility to make it work.

Avantages

It's simple to setup, simple to use and most importantly -- simple to train. It's so intuitive that the staff took to it in less than 5 minutes of training. Also, because their dedicated POS system "Square Register" is purpose built, we are able to use iphones and ipads to do tableside ordering which makes the workflow and throughput of the bar stools that much faster.

Inconvénients

The reporting is not granular enough with time. You have to find out the hard way, when you want reporting from 9am on Monday through 2am on Tuesday, you have to run two separate reports. And to top it off, you have to learn the hard way that when you select an hour, it will show you everything through XX:59:59 of that hour, if you select the next hour, you're adding that hour's data to your report. They should offer software updates to improve reporting and maybe consider add-ons that are industry specific.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Square simplifies life...when it works.

Publié le 11.01.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Square enables me to easily accept payments from clients who wish to use credit cards.

Avantages

I use Square to accept payments from clients who opt to use a credit card. It is convenient and almost all clients are familiar with and comfortable using it. I appreciate the feature of being able to store credit card numbers in the event of no-shows as clients have agreed to pay if less than 24 hours notice is given for a cancellation. I also appreciate the flexibility of saving multiple items/services to accommodate different individual rates, types of sessions and workshops.

Inconvénients

I've found the relationship between my phone and chip reader to be tenuous at times. On multiple occasions, I have found them no longer communicating when I try to process a payment, which requires extra time to get them synched again. As a counselor, it's also disappointing/problematic that Square denies clients' health benefit cards.

Support client

Selling goods? Square POS is for you! Fast, easy, and uncomplicated.

Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 20.04.2018

Avantages

I am a freelance business, so whenever clients want to pay with credit card, I have Square as one my options. I also use an invoicing software that takes credit cards as well as an online website that run through a different system. Square was the first system I used when I first started out and it's a solid system, but I've found better alternatives throughout the years though I still use it occasionally. It's great for quick sales that don't require an invoice.

Pros
Quick POS capabilities
Ability to charge a "tax" that will essentially pass on credit card fees to the customer
Immediately emails receipt to customer so that I don't have to worry about it

Square is great for goods, while I would recommend Wave for services. It's more robust and you can pull lots of different reports related to accounting through Wave. The one thing about Square that does have Wave beat is the ability to add a "tax" that essentially passes on credit card processing fees to the customer. It's easy to do on Square, while in Wave I have to manually calculate the percentage and add it as another item.
Square also is portable and quick and you don't have to create an invoice for it if you don't need one, so that's also a plus.

Inconvénients

No ability to create invoices for services.

I have the old Square attachment for my phone and it doesn't take the new chip cards. I have to purchase the new one in order to process those cards and that's kind of a nuisance.

6.0/10

I dont know why it took me so long to try!

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 14.03.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

It gave my business a really nice boost in revenue that i didn't realize i was loosing all along.

Avantages

So the first thing about this POS system is that it so user friendly and easy to use!
When I first though about using a POS system I was worried about having to learn about accounting and such, (Was cash only) and it was so straight forward as far as the fees .
There was no hard intimidating arithmetic involved in the process, that for whatever reason I expected....
So this has been great to help INCREASE sales because well most pepole these days dont carry cash, so vendors need to get with the times.
I also like it includes tipping, and sending them and email so that helps build your emailing list up too. so lots of pros here, Also to I find the Square system super pretty!

Inconvénients

I really cant think of any cons, but the thing that I like the least as a consumer is the cost , LOL It would be nice if it was cheaper, maybe they can offer different plans for smaller or larger companies? Which they don't, so I suppose that can be a con for you.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Also super glitchy and the card reader never seems to work right.

Publié le 24.04.2018

Avantages

The idea is the biggest pro about Square's Point of Sale System. It's an incredible idea to be able to plug a card reader into your phone and get paid. However, I have used this for a few years now and have had so many issues. They DO give the option, thankfully, to type in the card number manually, so the transactions will still work, it's just frustrating and often time-consuming.

Inconvénients

The application is often finicky and will shut off sometimes in the middle of a transaction. The card reader has only worked for me a handful of times in the past three plus years I have used it. I can also hardly ever get a hold of the customer service representatives to get any type of help.

Support client

I think Square beats all of its competitors due to its simplicity and fast deposits.

Publié le 10.07.2018

Avantages

This platform has competitive fees, and is easy to use. I mostly use the little square swiper from my phone. The money received is always deposited quickly into my bank, and I can pay a little to have it accelerated further if I choose.
The company made it easy for me to take FHA payments with a minor application procedure.
On the computer, it is easy to send custom invoices to people, and easy to follow them up.
I see no reason to use any other software to take payment from clients, in person or remotely.

Inconvénients

I would like it if the reports were more user friendly and customizable. I'd like to be able to access the specific info I require with less steps.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Square makes mobile processing super easy!

Publié le 07.12.2017

Avantages

The easy functionality of each component that Square offers.
The reports that Square generates are easy to interpret from a perspective of integrating into accounting/bookkeeping software. The fast turn around with deposits is really excellent as is the actual equipment, everything is so streamlined and easy to use whether we are inside our storefront or in the community using Square for offsite client payments.

Inconvénients

The only negative for me was initially getting used to the per transaction fee being withheld immediately. In the past I had been used to the payment processor fees being deducted in a lump sum at the end of each billing cycle.

Support client

Great simple POS for small shops

Publié le 07.03.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Square POS enabled us to add a POS to replace our old cash register for the minimum expense. Much more affordable than competing products but also has far fewer features and poor support for tip handling.

Very easy to setup

Affordable processing

Good invoicing system

Very easy to customize

Simple

Pretty design makes it easy to use all day

Inconvénients

TERRIBLE at handling shifts and tips, even if you use their payroll or timeclock add ons.

Payroll and timeclock addons are very expensive

Did I mention tip handling? If you don't have employee management on and you have multiple shift workers sharing a register and pooled tips it turns into a Custom Report nightmare.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

It gets the job done, but the system could be better.

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 08.03.2018

Avantages

I like that I am able to add pictures of my items for easy visual location in the system. It is easy to add items and remove them.

Inconvénients

The inventory system we use is not compatible with Square which makes it very hard to do inventory. When I called and asked for this issue to be resolved I was told it was being "worked on," but it never got resolved even a year later. The system can be slow to transition between tabs. Also, getting a hold of customer service can be difficult because you need a customer code and this can be hard to locate for other employees. We also had issues when Square has signed us out, and my staff could not use the device code to log back in, I had to give them my username and password to get signed back in.

Support client

Great POS system for a great price

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 07.01.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Square is a great app with amazing features. It has a clean interface which helps a lot.

When introducing Square to one of my clients they loved how easy it was to use the app with adding items to adding and rearranging items on the POS screen. The easy to use interface was great for them as they are older and they don't really understand technology but now they are waiting tables with their iPhones. They love using the Square Referral program to get free processing with their friends which make the experience a lot better.

The cost of Square is also amazing with no monthly fees and the payment terminal. It's an amazing alternative to the banks.

The only draw back is they haven't released Square Loyalty and Square Gift Cards in Australia so it is lacking some of the most important things a business needs to grow but they promise me that we should see some progress by the end of 2017.

Great for all businesses
Connects to Bluetooth recipt printers

Only works with Star printer not Epsom
No Square loyalty or Gift Cards yet
No offline more in Australia

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Without Square my business of one couldn't afford to take credit cards

Publié le 13.05.2018

Avantages

With Square it's easy and affordable for a small business to take credit cards and contactless forms of payment such as Apple and Google. As a healthcare provider, I can also take FSA and HSA cards. They're brilliant for having an offline mode of taking payments for when their servers or my wifi are down.

Inconvénients

I honestly can't think of anything I don't like. I've never had an issue aside from their servers being down for part of a day, but I was still able to take payments in offline mode and was still paid on time.

Support client

Great for start ups, pop ups and all Entrepreneurs

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 19.02.2018

Avantages

I like its sleek design and ease of use.
It was super easy for me a newbie to learn how to use this in less than 3 min.
its great because you can tie in you inventory, add pictures. (which sounds stupid but is great for marketing/getting repeat business) . I love the tip option at the end. Their cost is pretty low, compared to other POS systems out there that require all kinds of other grab. Again the easy of use and the visual appealing-ness of square are what have kept me using it. i have tired a couple others because you never know if the grass is greener on the other side! but i keep coming back to square pos and its what i recommend to everyone .

Inconvénients

The only con is the % but again for the ease of use, i dont think its an outrageous fee, however if your business is running on super low margins than maybe you dont want to use square...

Support client

Square makes my invoicing life easy!

Publié le 23.02.2018
Provenance de l'avis

Avantages

I use Square as one of my main invoicing tools. They have a very user friendly back end and I can quickly manage money and invoices. They have a a lot of great features that I love within the invoicing system. They keep making it better, Any issues I have had their customer support was great in amending quickly

Inconvénients

It is way too easy to accidentally signup for their add on features. I wish they would have a confirm button before they automatically enroll you into one of their add on they you accidentally click on.

Excellent POS

Publié le 09.03.2018

Avantages

Easy to use and to setup. It can be integrated with inventory software which is a big help in my case. You can turn your mobile in a POS without any extra hardware and it's perfect for small business. The design it's simple but elegant and you can customize your receipt

Inconvénients

The integration doesn't work as good as it should. There is no real time sync from Square POS to Inventory manager. If you have an online store it could be a problem. It works for what I need but they really should improve that feature.

Support client

Square Point of Sale makes it so easy to run your own direct sales business!

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 10.07.2018

Avantages

I was never great at remembering to carry the credit card scanner with me when I would travel to different events in the area. It was comforting to know that Square Point of Sale didn't require a credit card reader to be used every time I needed to take payment from someone. Being able to switch to manual mode made this app super efficient. Additionally, the ability to send a receipt multiple ways, as well as sign others up and receive free processing, was absolutely genius! I still have the app on my phone even though I don't use it as much as I used to.

Inconvénients

When I initially signed up, I opted for the free credit card reader (non-chip reader). It was only supposed to take a couple days/weeks to get to me. I waited and waited, then tried to reorder another one. It said the order went through, but that one never showed up either. I finally had to call customer service to have them send me out a reader. It showed up a couple days later, but by this time, 3 months had passed since my initial sign-up. I think there should be an easier way to go about reordering another reader and actually receiving it in the mail when I should have. Overall, that was the only issue I came across.

Support client

So effective, easy and affordable we got rid of our credit card machines

Publié le 16.02.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Switch from your old credit card readers to save time and money. This is so much better than old credit card processing stations.

Avantages

Square was so easy to use in our retail locations we got rid of all our credit card processing machines and replaced them with Square readers. Also, being able to go mobile with our payment processing allowed us to take cashless payments away from our stores.

Inconvénients

Our only issue was having to share account login info with employees when managers were not around for payment processing.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

My go to credit card processing unit.

Publié le 30.04.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I am able to accept credit cards at a reasonable fee. It makes making money easier. I also don't have to worry about going to the bank on a daily basis.

Avantages

I love the portability of this software. I can be signed in on my cell phone, tablet and computer and use it anywhere

Inconvénients

I would like to be able to set up reoccurring payments for those who pay for services as a membership base. It is also difficult to save a clients card info. The help given doesn't give instructions on how to set that up.

Simplify your life

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 30.05.2018
Provenance de l'avis

Avantages

The Square app is amazingly easy to set up and use. Within a few minutes I was able to set up a profile and link to my bank account. I spent another few hours setting up my inventory, and linking to pictures of the inventory. The ability to manage sales, taxes, and inventory all in one app is time saving and lends to efficiency. The training for my assistants was minutes, as the program is easy to understand and sales take few steps to complete. No issues with connectivity, even in areas where the ability to connect to cell towers might be questionable. The option for off line use is helpful should you find yourself in that situation. Transactions simple process as soon as you connect.

Inconvénients

I couldn't find one thing I didn't like about this app, well maybe the fees, but that being said they are extremely reasonable and for the convenience of being able to accept credit cards at remote locations well worth the spend.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

LOVE Square. Use for all my payment processing.

Publié le 04.05.2018

Avantages

I have never had any issue with processing payments through Square. Funds are always in my account the next day and the notifications I get are instant. My clients never have any issues paying invoices, processing their credit cards, etc. The interface on both web and mobile is extremely well designed.

Inconvénients

I don't really have anything bad to say. I have enjoyed using this platform so much I have never even considered using anything else.

Support client

The best Point of Sale software I have ever used!

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 06.07.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I can now take credit card payments, have a loyalty program, gain new clients, schedule appointments and much more.

Avantages

This software is super easy to use! From adding inventory to selling your products everything is done with just a couple of clicks. Compared to the competition there is more features and most importantly lower transaction fees with Square. If you ever have an issue, customer service is available very quickly! I highly recommend this to everyone who is starting out with a new company or is tired of their current POS system.

Inconvénients

I currently like everything about this software. A couple months ago I would have said I wanted more features to those who are self employed. However, this was fixed with them adding loyalty programs and scheduling.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Square is super easy and ready to go immediately

Publié le 18.05.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

As long as you have small transactions or willing to charge extra for using a card this is great.

Avantages

It really does not get any easier to use then Square. You can have a no contract card processor set up in minutes, offer swipe and chip readers at no cost, and of course you can key it in.

Inconvénients

The processing fee is just too high. then you have to either pass it on, or as your transactions get larger look for a more affordable processor.

Extremely convenient and easy

Publié le 20.02.2018

Avantages

Love that this program is free with Square! It's so easy to use and it's so convenient to have on both your tablet or phone so if your tablet dies, you can just grab your phone. It saves all your items and preferences which is awesome.

Inconvénients

There really isn't much that I dislike about Square Point of Sale. I would say the credit card chip reader is a bit slow to process (but aren't they all?)

Great Credit Card Processing for Small Businesses

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 27.06.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Major benefit is being able to process credit cards as a small business. Most banks require a per month fee and major processing fees but with Square, you only pay processing on each card entered or each sale entered. This is really helpful considering my businesses is small.

Avantages

The app and website log on are so easy to use. The sales reports and any other reports are so easy to find, print, and read. Creating customers and invoices are all a plus. This software is just perfect for small businesses like mine. There is not a separate monthly fee you are charged to keep your account active. You are only charged when a card is swiped or entered. This is a great tool for small businesses who do not have a credit card terminal

Inconvénients

The fees are a little confusing because they charge a flat rate plus an additional and that is a little hard to follow but other than that, no complaints. The fee is still small compared to bigger banks.

Best POS I've every used

Publié le 27.06.2017

Avantages

Employees can be trained within minutes to use the system. Highly intuitive interface, great reporting. Easily hooks up to printers, cash drawer, barcode reader. Adding items to inventory is pretty painless. Compared to the other POS systems I've used in the past, this one wins hands down. I also use if for gift cards. Customer service has always responded to my queries.