154 avis

• Fonctionnalités
des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
154 avis
Lucas H.
  • Secteur d'activité: Gestion de l'enseignement
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 1 à 5 mois

Screen recordings with polish

Publié le 01/12/2020

CloudApp makes it easy to record and share screen recordings, either as GIFs or as videos. I particularly like the optional picture-in-picture mode, and I found that this app worked with fewer limitations than alternatives.

Avantages

I have used competitors whose styling mimics CloudApp (or is it the other way around) but CloudApp gets the recording experience right: intuitive controls, automatic uploading, and available trimming of videos.

Inconvénients

This app doesn't work so well as a simple screenshot tool. While you can copy content directly from the app, I find myself wishing for the simpler experience of older apps such as Greenshot and Lightshot. In addition, the free version is fairly limited, though still good enough for occasional users.

• Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant 6 à 12 mois

CloudApp is Superb!

Publié le 06/04/2021

CloudApp allows me to easily share instructional content with customers. It's extremely helpful and a great tool. I'd recommend it to anyone who needs to answer customer questions or troubleshoot frequently.

Avantages

CloudApp is so great and easy to use. I can share videos of my screen or create GIFs to send to clients so quickly. It is extremely helpful in making sure I can get a point across easily with no friction or confusion. The ability to create clips and share them out is great.

Inconvénients

I wish I had a few more options with how my video of myself talking interacts with the shared content. There are also a few aspects of the screen grabbing tool that weren't as intuitive as I was hoping.

David P.
  • Secteur d'activité: Internet

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 1.0 /10

Great tool. Worst support ever

Publié le 04/11/2019

It's a great to do screenshot easily, but the support team is not supportive.

Avantages

When the tool it's extremely simple to use.

Inconvénients

The customer team is inexistent, you can spend weeks with critical bugs not being solved

Easy GIFs, Screenshots, Videos

Publié le 25/02/2021

I have been a fan since day one! It is very intuitive and makes it incredibly easy to share content with users or teammates.

Avantages

We use CloudApp on a regular basis because of its ease of use for both users and customers. We mainly use it for support, helping users of our product understand where to find certain features, and making quick recordings for our help center articles or guides. I love how I get notified when users view my clips.

Inconvénients

Depending on how long the recording is, it can take some time to upload. I also wish there were a few more options to annotate, but for the most part, it is pretty customizable.

Steve W.
  • Secteur d'activité: Hôpitaux et soins de santé

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

One of the few apps I use every single day...essential for devs or for digital life!

Publié le 23/07/2018

Avantages

They have trialled and tested this product a lot; that is obvious. It is ridiculously easy to use and offers the ability to create animated gifs, screengrab video (with or without use of your webcam and mic to record your face and voice) and screengrabs which you can annotate. The software sits quietly in the background not using too many resources until you know you need it and the easy shortcuts can help you get going. I use a lot of the images and animated gifs for interactive training materials and plans.

Inconvénients

The only thing I wish you could do with CloudApp is choose the default copy type after you have taken a screengrab, video or GIF. Right now, the software auto copies the link to the image / video but there are other options including copy a direct link (so just the image on a page without editing options etc.) and a copy to the content iself (ie. if you take a screengrab you can copy the image directly into documents and emails). It would be ideal if you could chose which of these the software does by default to make it even more convenient. Other than that, the software could not be better!

Jason B.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 2-10 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

Lightweight but Powerful

Publié le 14/09/2020

It's been great. My team is constantly sharing screenshots or files with each other and as an admin of the account, I can see everything. It's also nice to be able to upload screenshots or proofs and send a link directly to the client.

One of the features I like most is we have our domain set to a custom short domain instead of the cl.ly default domain. This helps us look professional and keep everything branded.

Avantages

I've used CloudApp since 2012 including some of their paid plans. It's easy to install the app and it only takes up a small space in my menu bar. I love how easy it is to upload by dragging and dropping or manually selecting a file. It's also nice that they'll host your files on their servers so even years later, I can find old files and share them again.

Inconvénients

Over the years they started to make features only for paid accounts which forced people to pay for the app. It's a minor inconvenience for us since we use it in a web development agency, and it's a crucial part of our sharing workflow, but that could potentially turn people away and make them use alternative apps like Dropbox.

Micah M.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Helpful Features; Free version as well but more limited

Publié le 18/02/2021

Avantages

I love that I can quickly capture my screen or create a video (with webcam and audio as options) to share with a customer that I'm serving (or a team member to view).
The annotation tools are incredibly helpful as well.

Inconvénients

At times the video doesn't save/upload properly, causing some frustration until resolved. This doesn't happen often (and never using the free version for some reason), but is frustrating when it does.

Ken S.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

This app saves me time every day

Publié le 31/03/2021

I know this software doesn't cost a lot, but I love how easy it is to use and I use it daily, in fact, multiple times a day. I can't imagine my life without it. It really does save time and increase productivity. It even sends me a weekly report on how much time I saved and how much usage per week.

Avantages

Love the ability to take screenshots and attach it into an email or drop that into Slack
Love the ease of use
Love that it allows for video taking, though I haven't used much of that feature yet

Inconvénients

It requires a fair amount of updates in order to get access to the latest features. And sometimes it crashes.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

An easy win as an addition to your day to day tools

Publié le 28/03/2021

CloudApp is totally worth a try, you'll use it every day and facilitate your team communication.

Avantages

CloudApp is super easy to use and very flexible to do both, screenshots and videos. My favorite features are the annotation tools and the fact that we can also download and save these as jpegs. This is a tool I use literally every day.

Inconvénients

It's constantly being updated which is a bit annoying, but otherwise not an issue. Also creating a gif is really slow, so I don't like to use that feature too much.

Mario M.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

My most used tool on a day-to-day basis

Publié le 02/10/2020

This is my online tool that has given me the best ROI. My friends commonly ask me "where did you get that app"

Avantages

CloudApp has saved me hours in editing screenshots. Also, I commonly need to show my team how to do a certain task, and that´s where I use CloudApp to tape short tutorials that I can share in seconds. It has been my most used app in this pandemic.

Inconvénients

theres is nothing that I have disliked so far

Jeremy B.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

All 28 people on my team use CloudApp! Screenshots & grabs are a 2nd language now.

Publié le 26/08/2016

CloudApp is one of only three apps everyone on my team uses (along with Slack and Gmail). New hires see us all using it constantly in chat, on Github pull requests, in bug 'repro' steps, over email, and in presentations, so they gravitate toward it and pick it up quick.

Over chat the screen recordings do an amazing job of demoing bits and pieces of UI or app behavior that are works-in-progress. This massively speeds up our feedback loops and removes a lot of verbal and written explanation. Long live the animated gif!

Github pull requests that make user-facing changes often include screen recordings that show before v. after. This lets more people note the change and, for small changes, can allow designers and product managers to give thumbs up without more than a glance.

And last, our bug reports benefit tremendously from screen recordings. Animated gifs ftw again! Saves on writing and explanation, making issues easily identifiable and reproducible by an engineer ready to fix it.

No one on the team will ever go back. Using CloudApp has become second nature to us now! And while most of it happens thanks to auto-expanded images in Slack or Github, there are crucial times we take advantage of CloudApp's notes features to illustrate a point, or its search feature to dig up an earlier example.

Avantages

CloudApp upgrades habits we all have using desktop software (copy-paste and taking screenshots). You don't have to learn anything new--your habit suddenly just works better, and you can never go back.

Réponse de CloudApp Traduire en français

Hi Jeremy,

This is Derek from CloudApp. I work with Julie. Thank you thank you thank you for this review! It is incredible and VERY appreciated!

Thank you thank you thank you!

Best,
Derek
VP of Marketing / CloudApp

Carl L.

Big fan, love it!!

Publié le 27/08/2016

I'm a huge fan of CloudApp. Been using them for the last 6 months. Started out where a few of my team members in the customer support team were using it, so I jumped in to give it a try too. At first I was just using it to take a few screenshots here and there, but what ended up being hugely helpful in my day to day support workflow was being able to answer our customers questions with a quick custom video. We get a ton of questions from our customers but they don't always quite understand our documentation. We do our best!! But with CloudApp I can send a short video that I personally made in 10-15 seconds answering a question visually, rather than writing out a couple paragraphs of text.

Since we use Zendesk, I find myself wishing that CloudApp had a Zendesk integration. Usually I have to copy a short CloudApp link to a ticket or upload the gif directly but I'd love to see it made a bit easier.

Visual search had been really great so far too. Would love to see a Giphy integration so I can search for my stuff and maybe search for something that makes me or a team member laugh that I could share.

Last thing would be our Intercom client. We get a lot of customer tickets from our website and if I paste a link into a chat it doesn't show a preview. Intercom, if you're reading this, get that fixed!

1) Huge time saver.
2) A much easier way to show my team (or friends) a visual to answer a question.
3) Works extremely well in my support team

Inconvénients

1) It doesn't have a Gmail/Chrome integration.
2) They don't have a great mobile app. There's a few in the App Store but none of them give as good as an experience as their Mac desktop app.

Réponse de CloudApp Traduire en français

Thank you Carl for your amazing review!

It is greatly appreciated.

Best,
Derek Rey / CloudApp

Erik Z.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: Auto-entrepreneur

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

One of my favorite apps

Publié le 12/02/2019

Its a great little app that really helps my productivity. I would put in in my top 5 favorite tools I use daily. Not terribly expensive, and the monthly fee pays fro itself quickly.

Avantages

CloudApp is one of the most handy tools for sending email attachments - even videos. Im a Mac user so it sits in my top toolbar. I simply drag in the attachment(s) and it creates the archive and link automatically. Not only that it copies the link to your clipboard so you can just paste it right into your email. It will "ding" and then you know its uploaded and ready to share. Short videos are really easy to make as well but selecting a screen area, pressing start and you ready to go.

Inconvénients

My biggest complaint is that some servers detect the links as spam or untrusted. So in some cases the link will not work. Not sure why this happens but think there are some using the cloud app service who may be abusing it, thereby flagging spam filters. Ive tried to add a custom domain to the short link it creates (service allows this) but it does not seem to help this problem.

Ernie S.

Job (and life) changing

Publié le 18/10/2019

CloudApp has made adding screenshots and images to my blog posts incredibly easy. CloudApp has made giving additional context to colleagues simple by giving us the ability to take a screenshot of what we're talking about on the site. I have nothing negative to say about this tool other than it's set my expectations for similar tools so high that I'm usually disappointed by them.

Avantages

It's incredibly easy to use and reliable. You can take a simple screenshot, a gif, a video, and annotate it all within the app. It's quick, it's versatile, and it's incredibly functional. I use this tool every day, for every blog post, and for a number of different things. As a sales rep I used it for entirely different but equally important tasks.

Inconvénients

The only thing I wish I could do that I currently cannot is to go back into an annotation I've made after I saved. Sometimes I realize I've forgotten to note something, drawn a border incorrectly, or some other minor edit and am unable to go back into the original screenshot/gif to fix it. It's not a terribly big issue because of how simple it is to go back and take another screenshot or gif.

Daniel K.
  • Secteur d'activité: Services d'information

A must for Support team

Publié le 14/05/2019

I have implemented the tool for our Support team and before this I have done research of similar tools. Cloudapp had the best features, better price and a great support/customer success team which made it easy to implement.

Avantages

With one simple shortcut you can create a screencast (Video or GIF), screenshot (with or without annotation) and send to your users in chat. Cloudapp has greatly increased our Support teams productivity.

It is also very useful for building reports or knowledge base internally as you can simply drag and drop the screenshots or screencasts to Atlassian. Very helpful when creating internal documentation for other agents.

Inconvénients

It would be a great addition if the video screencast would also record audio (like screenflow) as sometimes we need the audio recorded as well which is happening on screen when trouble shooting or recording bugs related to the product.

Darcy P.
  • Secteur d'activité: Internet

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Quick, easy, neat, I feel like a pro!

Publié le 03/05/2017

I can quickly get my thoughts across to customers and team members. It's simple and fast. I really couldn't go a day without it.

Avantages

It's quick to load and the fact that the link absorbs into the clipboard is SO easy and fast.

There are multiple ways to use it - downloads, webcam vids, screenshare vids with voice, GIFs of screen, images, annotations. Really - there are SO many ways to up your game in social and customer care by using CloudApp.

Inconvénients

Small screenshots don't always come out readable without clicking on them and waiting to see what it is.

The head of the arrow in the Annotations is super huge and I often have to find workarounds when I'd really like to use it. It would be cool to shrink it width-wise along with length-wise.

I wish you could copy/paste annotation components (arrows that you've sized a certain way, text, etc.) Click on the element, ctrl+c, ctrl+v

I wish there was a solid box in annotations that you could add. There's an outline, but not a solid box or circle that I've discovered.

Mina G.
  • Secteur d'activité: Médias en ligne
  • Taille de l'entreprise: Auto-entrepreneur

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

My to go app for screen capturing

Publié le 20/07/2019

One of my best buys so far. Worth every penny and I recommend it to everyone all the time.

Avantages

I got it on sale. It lets me use my own branding and subdomain. It's light on any computer even my slow laptop. Frequent updates and new features. Customer service is super responsive. It's like an online database of all my screenshots vs my older to go software which would only take a screenshot and save it on my local computer.

Inconvénients

There has been a problem with the annotate tool on Firefox on both my home computer and my laptop which prevents me from annotating any of my screenshots but I haven't really contacted customer service about it. It might be related to a plugin on my browser or something. But I don't really use that feature that's why I don't bother asking customer service about it.

• Secteur d'activité: Bureau exécutif

A must have tool

Publié le 11/12/2018

I loved it and I doubt a week goes by when I do not use it multiple times.

Avantages

This is one of those tools that many people won't realize they need until they get used to using it.

Yes, if you work in a support team then the usage case is obvious, and it excels at support, but it is so much more than that.

How often do you have to try to explain something to someone and it takes forever in words, but a quick screenshot would do the trick. Problem with a screenshot is you have to remember the key combination to take it. Then you have to open up your email. Then attach the file to it, etc. With Cloudapp this is all simplified to an amazing degree.

But it goes further than just screenshots. How about sending a 1 minutes video to your telco showing them that there is a problem with your bill, or even sending a document to someone without having to attach it to an email.

Trust me. This is genius.

Inconvénients

The only little niggle is there are very occasionally glitches or outages, but to Cloudapps credit they do get them sorted and they are very polite at responding to emails.

David R.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Great application to share screenshots and screen captures

Publié le 29/09/2019

The ability to send ad-hoc screenshots and screen shares very quickly and easily to customers makes it so much easily to assist and help troubleshoot customer issues. Highly recommended for any customer support team.

Avantages

Software is very easy to use. Use it to take screenshots and send them through to customers with a shortened personalized URL. You can also use it to take screen captures, as well as annotate and edit screenshots (ie. adding arrows, circles around important parts of a screenshot).

Inconvénients

Software does one thing very well, not much to dislike about it. Just need to learn the shortcut to copy your screenshot and then the software automatically uploads the image to the cloud and saves a link in your clipboard to paste into what ever application you want to use to send that link.

• Secteur d'activité: Conseil en gestion

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Huge savings in productivity.

Publié le 26/10/2018

I am a Product Manager and often, due to the speed at which we work and the people I work with, words are not the best medium to convey thoughts when you discover snags or bugs. Developers are busy people and want to build things and move on. CloudApp lets me visually capture product behavior to explain desired functionality, in the form of videos and gifs and thus speed up communication within my team. I really love the tool.

Avantages

The ability to capture screenshots and annotate them with comments or arrows. The ability to capture videos as well as gifs has enabled me to be more productive. As a Product Manager, I can enhance my documentation efforts by bringing in a visual component to requirements and bug descriptions. It has helped me writing feature walkthroughs as well as explain competitive product offerings to my team.

Inconvénients

Every once in a while, I have observed that the tool's library shows captured screenshots which I hadn't intended to capture. It may be due to the fact that the shortcut keys on the keyboard (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+5) are close to a frequently used shortcut (Ctrl+Alt+Del). It's either that or maybe it's just...fat fingers!

• Secteur d'activité: Enseignement supérieur

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

CloudApp Just Works

Publié le 27/11/2018

I enjoy using CloudApp several times each day. You can set a custom domain to maintain branding across all links. It's easy to share a link and, if you wish, to download the linked file directly. It's not the only link shortening/sharing app out there, but it is clearly one of the best.

Avantages

Once installed, CloudApp works very well, with options for creating GIFs, recording video and more. There are integrations right out of the box for Trello and Slack, and a variety of ways to annotate and share.

Inconvénients

I use Droplr, too, and in some ways I still prefer its UI/UX, though CloudApp has improved by leaps and bounds over the past year or so. It's been recently bought by Microsoft—which can be a good thing or a bad thing (consider the Wunderlist saga). Time will tell.

Romeo C.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

An essential tool that speeds up productivity in the easiest way possible - a perfect...

Publié le 25/03/2018

It saves me a lot of time, making me much more productive.

Avantages

The simplicity and utility, mixed with the time-saving logic-steps are what makes this tool so exceptional.

Simplicity; using simple (or user-defined) shortcut keys to capture parts of a screen as an image or video.

Simplicity; dragging any file onto a system tray icon to have it uploaded to CloudApp storage.

Simplicity; after a file has been uploaded, simply paste the auto selected link wherever you want to share it.

Utility; screenshotting, screen recording, file storage, file sharing, annotation, commenting; it's all there!

Logic-steps; auto upload and copy link to clipboard, auto-open into desktop annotation; these kinds of time-savers are well thought out, seamless and really help my workflow.

Inconvénients

It'd tough to find anything but if I HAD to it'd be that, at least in previous versions of the desktop app, it was buggy; the auto-open for annotations didn't always work. That seems to have been resolved now though!

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Best drag-and-drop file sharing solution

Publié le 19/03/2019

CloudApp simplifies our workflow when we need to share screenshots and files to people outside of our organization. We highly recommend it!

Avantages

The reason we chose CloudApp is the MacOS integration in the menu bar. We used WeTransfer before, which required us to go to their website to upload files, but CloudApp allows us to just drag and drop our files to the menu bar, and it creates a shareable link for us.

Inconvénients

CloudApp successively increased its pricing, without much justification and added features. I was quite disappointed to see the lack of new features over the last 2-3 years. Also, storage prices dramatically decreased over time, so it's hard to understand why they keep increasing their prices.

Lauren P.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Cloudapp is amazing for communication between engineers, designers, and pms.

Publié le 28/12/2017

Better teamwork/communication overall, especially for front-end development work. Also more flexibility for remote work (working from home for sickness/weather/holiday season).

Avantages

I love how fast everything gets generated and how easy it is to use. I work on the frontend team at my company, and I'm always sending videos and gifs to our designer for product review, as well as to our PM when filing issues. It's incredibly helpful to be able to take a quick video to show navigation flow, testing results, and edge cases, and it's way easier to have a visual than it is to explain things in technical terms. It's also wicked useful for remote work-- holiday season has made things kind of funky with everyone working from home, but I don't feel like I've lost on communication this time of year thanks to Cloudapp.

Inconvénients

There are times I wish I could annotate or crop videos. I will say though, Cloudapp has been great about steadily adding features, so I'm not too worried/it's not even a pressing issue haha.

Jesus P.

• Support client

This powerful screen capture and recording program has a new home on my desktop.

Publié le 16/04/2018

Avantages

I'm a former Snagit user that recently picked up CloudApp on an Appsumo deal. I'm glad I did, because this software has essentially replaced Snagit and helped me communicate ideas quickly with everyone including clients, customers, family and friends.

The software sits in your system tray and allows 1 click recording or capturing of GIFs, video or screen. And once the capture is taken, it automatically uploads it and copies the link to your clipboard.

Other helpful features include...

Analytics
Link shortening
Annotations
Search feature (priceless)
Comments (can be disabled)
Sync

If you need a quick way to record screens and share them, this is it.

Inconvénients

I don't have any cons to list on this one. Everything from the UI to the features are well designed and operate properly.