146 avis

• Fonctionnalités
des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
146 avis
Don B.
  • Secteur d'activité: Aviation et industrie aéronautique

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Sleep well knowing your data is protected!

Publié le 18/04/2018

it provide the peace of mind knowing that your data is always backed up. It does this on a daily basis, so you have the most up to date image of current data.

Avantages

One of the best features of this software is the ease of use. Upon setup, it walks you through the entire process. Doesn't get any easier than that. I've used this software for several years and during that time had on two occasions lost a hard drive and all the data on it. Thankfully Carbonite was there to restore.

Inconvénients

I've used Carbonite for several years and honestly don't have any negatives for this program. It just works!

Trevor B.
  • Secteur d'activité: Institutions religieuses

An absolute Must

Publié le 13/03/2020

Overall very positive. I will always use an online backup system and carbonite is the best I've ever used.

Avantages

After losing all my files on an external hard drive, I switched to Carbonite. It automatically backs up my computer files daily. I can access them online and download them on any computer. If in the event my computer crashes, I can download all my files to my new computer.

Inconvénients

It didn't back up all my videos. Not sure why it may have been my subscription. But I lost several video files.

Ken B.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Carbonite has been there for me through a few system crashes - had my date backed up and ready...

Publié le 26/07/2018

Great backup of my work - only downside was slow in getting them loaded back.

Avantages

Carbonite was my safety net when my system crashed. I have created a LOT of marketing material over time and it is imperative to have a backup system. I was able to find the files I needed and load them back. Their phone line customer service was also top-notch the one time I called. They were professional and helpful and had me up and running quickly.

Inconvénients

The main detriment is that if you have a lot of large files it will take you a long time even with fast upload speed to get your files loaded back.

Sharon M.
  • Secteur d'activité: Logiciels

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Good backup software for personal or home use

Publié le 14/07/2017

Peace of mind knowing my files are backed up.

Avantages

- You can back up an unlimited amount of photos, music, and files.
- You can easily see what files are included in the backup, and easily add more files.
- Backup is continuous, you don't have to check it or worry about it.
- Overall a good backup solution. I have not had any problems or errors.

Inconvénients

- It takes forever to retrieve your files. I am restoring files from my old computer to my new one. It has been going for about three WEEKS and it is now at 83%. However, if I needed one particular file right away, I could search for and download that one sooner.

Kim T.

Excellent Back-up Software

Publié le 10/10/2020

We have been with Carbonite since they started. The offer Peace of mind. If you have ever crashed without back-up you would know what a disaster that is. We back up all our PC and our NAS continuously.

Avantages

Carbonite is easy to set up on each machine. We can select what we want backed up. Restore can be done in a couple ways.

Inconvénients

Occasionally it will give you a message that something is not being backed up and 99% of the time if you check you will find it was being backed up anyway. Just little glitches like that.

William R.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Carbonite keeps your information safe

Publié le 30/07/2020

Carbonite is a great product that's very reasonably priced and does an excellent job backing up your information. We have personally relied on them more than once to backup information that was lost in a computer crash and we have never been disappointed.

Avantages

Carbonite makes keeping a record of your valuable information extremely easy and reliable. In the past when we have had a computer crash and vital information was lost from the unit we were able to easily find and backup the information from Carbonite.

Inconvénients

We really have not had any negative experience with using Carbonite. It is easy to set up and to download your lost information.

• Secteur d'activité: Comptabilité

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Carbonite has saved me a couple of times

Publié le 24/12/2018

I needed the ability to back up my laptop to a remote location. I've used Carbonite for probably 10 years. I had two instances where hard drives went bad during my busy season. Thankfully we were using Carbonite on each computer. I was able to get up and running within a day and ever since then, I've used Carbonite. It's a lifesaver and gives me piece of mind knowing that my files are safely backed up.

Avantages

It's easy to set up and operates behind the scenes. You don't even know it's running and it backs up your files to the cloud. Super simple to set up and use.

Inconvénients

I don't have any issues with this software. The prices is reasonable, the back up process is simple, and it's a great piece of mind software.

Heather W.
  • Secteur d'activité: Services juridiques
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an

Reliable

Publié le 10/10/2018

Overall this is a great product for adding another method of backup to your files for a good price.

Avantages

I like that this software is very reliable. It is working in the background constantly updating all new files. Not only that, but it doesn't slow down the computer while doing it which is a huge plus in my book. I've had many other software programs slow my computer down and I end up ditching them. If we accidentally delete a file, we can go into Carbonite and recover it.

Inconvénients

A couple downsides to this is that if you do happen to lose your information, it takes a long time to download all of the files back onto your computer. Another downside is that Cabonite does not backup any files that have the symbol ~ in the name. I use this often to put certain commonly used files up at the top of list for quick access.

Monique B.
  • Secteur d'activité: Relations gouvernementales

Worth the Money

Publié le 31/12/2019

Carbonite is definitely worth the money. Yes, it may be a little pricey; however, the cost is relative if you ever need to recover information/data from several PCs.

Avantages

We use Carbonite in our office and it is a great program to have. The software runs in the background and doesn't slow your computer down. I also appreciate the friendly reminders of when we're either running out of space or didn't backup a computer during the week.

Inconvénients

Make sure each machine has a specific profile name because the system will get confused. Also, please don't attempt to duplicate machine names (i.e. if your computer is completing an IT replacement) as this also confusing the system.

Felicia H.
  • Secteur d'activité: Santé, bien-être et fitness

Great Customer Support

Publié le 08/02/2020

My employees are not IT people, so when we have a backup problem we get on the phone with Carbonite. They take over the computer and find the problems. It's as simple as that. They are so respectful to my team when there are issues and they have taught us how to do simple problem solving checks that can solve the problem! We are very happy with Carbonite.

Avantages

We use Carbonite as our backup program for our computer system. On occasion when our computers update it will change settings on the computer. Carbonite has the ability to let you know via email if it backed up successfully or not. This way we can catch a problem as soon as it arises.

Inconvénients

On occasion there are issues with the computers backing up because of new computer updates. This is solved by alerting us via email when our server does not backup properly.

• Secteur d'activité: Institutions religieuses

Dependable service

Publié le 19/09/2018

Have not had to use at work because no problems. However, several years ago at home I did lose my files and it was easy to access and download what I anted. I truly wish they had not increased their annual fee but I am using a freebie. I don't have the money at home to have Sea Gate to backup everything but we do have at work along with Carbonite. However, when the contract expires we will be leaving Carbonite because they charge too much.

Avantages

Carbonite works behind the scenes and I have used here at work and at home. You can be confident your files are available if they are lost on your computer

Inconvénients

The increase in the yearly fee. There are other systems that do similar saving like in cloud that are free. You would still need something like Sea Gate to back up the external and that would cost more in Carbonite but it would make more sense paying for. However, Sea Gate is a one time purchase.

Gregory W.
  • Secteur d'activité: Administration publique
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 10 000+ employés

Great Backup software - expensive

Publié le 09/10/2018

I hav ebeen using Carbonite for about 5 years.

Avantages

Carbonite was one of the first cloud backup services available. For an annual fee (which can be renewed for up to three years at a time), you can have all your files uploaded to a secure server. All files are encrypted and stored safely until you need them again. Carbonite constantly checks your system for new files and updates the backup as needed.

Carbonite also has an option to back up your entire system--not just document files.

The best selling point is that your files are encrypted before they leave your system.

Inconvénients

Carbonite is a bit on the expensive side, when you consider that there are less expensive options available for simple (unencrypted) cloud services. Also, restoring a backup from Carbonite can take many days because of the encryption/decryption process. Unless you absolutely need a system backup, use another service for cloud storage.

Darell B.
  • Secteur d'activité: Informatique et sécurité réseau

Carbonite is a Valuable Tool

Publié le 27/08/2020

I have been using Carbonite for Years and the Customer Service is 5 star and the software will auto backup all your data all day long just set it and forget it.

Avantages

I have used Carbonite for a long time and recommend to all my business customers because it is the most reliable backup on the market and easy to use.

Inconvénients

The pricing is a little expensive but it is a Great Product

Matthew S.
  • Secteur d'activité: Services aux consommateurs

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Great tool for backing up your computer files

Publié le 16/07/2020

You can choose which files/folders I want to include. A few times, I have needed to do either a file restore or a complete system restore and you are happy you have Carbonite since restoring is also easy.

Avantages

It works automatically in the background.. I have mine set up auto-backup daily at 4pm. Nice that it does its thing in the background and you don't have to manage it.

Inconvénients

Nothing really bad to say.. the interface is basic and pretty easy to understand. There is nothing I would chance.

• Secteur d'activité: Construction
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 201-500 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Use Carbonite if you don't want to risk losing your data on your computer

Publié le 17/09/2018

Avantages

I have used Carbonite in the past when I was running a company with 10 employees. One of my worst fears in the world would be having a computer corrupt or damaged and not able to access the files. It is better to be prepared than kick yourself later for not doing it. It was easy to set up carbonite on all of the computer and synced the backup on changes that were made within the computer. You select what folders that carbonite will consistently backup, such as my documents or customer invoices folder etc. The plan did not have any data limits on the amount of data you can backup. Carbonite really saved us when one of the disgruntled employees was trying to maliciously delete important documents and negatively hurt the company. It was about as simple as can be to retrieve the documents that were deleted and so nothing bad happened in result of this individuals actions. I never noticed any computer performance when running this software on a computer. I was surprised because I thought it would affect the computer in a negative way. I would recommend Carbonite for anybody dealing with important documents on a computer that cannot lose the information.

Inconvénients

The least of what I liked about this is probably pricing. I feel like it should be a little lower for a backup system. There are quite a few plans to choose from but think the pricing for all of them should be a little lower. Other than that everything is perfect!

Guy G.
  • Secteur d'activité: Gestion de l'enseignement
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 201-500 employés

Backup software

Publié le 24/07/2021

Avantages

High value for money. Great back up schedule. Ease to restore files.

Inconvénients

Challenge to remove backed up files you delete from machine. Some times too many files are restored.

Jessica F.
  • Secteur d'activité: Comptabilité

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Set it and forget it while having peace of mind

Publié le 25/09/2018

I've had them for over 10 years in my personal computer and I've been very happy. I didn't care for the business version so chose not to use it for my business as there are other products that offer a better value.

Avantages

Once you configure your initial backup, Carbonite will take care of everything for you on auto pilot. New files and changed files will automatically be backed up without you having to remember to. Restoring files after a catastrophic hard drive failure took a while due to the size of the backup but worked well.

Inconvénients

Price has been increasing steadily over the years without adding value, other providers are now more competitive price wise.

Adam M.
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus de deux ans

Carbonite - Great Support - Slow Servers

Publié le 08/10/2020

The service that carbonite provides is invaluable. If you don't have your computer files backed up in a remote location you really need to. We have computers "die" all the time and without carbonite (or a similar service) we would be in danger of losing years worth of work.

Avantages

I like how easy it is to setup Carbonite. You download the software then simply tell it what files/folders you want backed up. Then you tell it how often to back up. It is easy to setup and after it is setup, you'll forget its there...until your computer dies and you need to restore the files. Luckily, having carbonite means that if/when your computer dies, you won't lose your valuable files. Their customer support is really good. I was having trouble restoring files and was able to get a support agent on the phone within 10 minutes and within another 5-10 minutes we were good to go.

Inconvénients

The carbonite website is pretty slow. I am restoring about 20gb of files now and it is going super slow. It is saying it'll take 16hrs to download 20gb. That's insanely slow. I know it is not our internet because I transfer large files a lot and it doesn't take long with our internet speed in the office.

Daniel W.
  • Secteur d'activité: Bibliothèques
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

Carbonite backup solution

Publié le 29/12/2020

Overall this software runs well. Again after a few adjustments with the policy, the backup solution runs at full throttle uploading data based on your specifications. The restore options are also wonderful and take less time than other backup solutions.

Avantages

Carbonite endpoint backup solution has ease of deployment and policy settings. Once you set it up correctly based on your companies values, carbonite does the rest.

Inconvénients

Coming off of the trial and into production it seemed that policy settings where missed. It would have been beneficial for carbonite to explain more in depth about restrictions within their policy settings. After a few phone calls back and forth everything seems to be running well.

Communication to the customer is key

Mike N.
  • Secteur d'activité: Armée

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Information and file redundancy is key

Publié le 15/12/2020

My experience with Carbonite has been entirely positive. The few times that I have had to restore a file or several files were just a minor inconvenience compare to recreating the information from scratch. I would definitely recommend using this backup platform.

Avantages

After a small learning curve the platform's UI is easy to configure and is intuitive. I can retrieve a backup copy of a lost file through the software's pop up in a matter of minutes and continue on with the project.

Inconvénients

Unfortunately, any older files which are in my back up must be restored by a Carbonite representative. This involves a phone call and some time with the representative. Not a bad experience, just a minor inconvenience compared to the do-it-yourself newer backed up files.

Kurt F.
  • Secteur d'activité: Hôpitaux et soins de santé
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 5 001-10 000 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Backs up things that OneDrive misses.

Publié le 26/05/2021

Once installed and configured you no longer need to worry about it. Restores are easy too and we've had no issues.

Avantages

This product is great for backing up areas of my computer that OneDrive doesn't. It will get my whole C drive, desktop, profile folder, whatever I need, instead of just my documents.

Inconvénients

Nothing really, it does everything I need and closes a simple gap not covered by another product. Great!

Dustin D.
  • Secteur d'activité: Recherche

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

Reliable Software that provides piece of mind

Publié le 19/01/2018

I really liked it until they implemented the HUGE price increase. Perhaps it was a problem with just that one employee but they definitely need to get better at communicating changes to their customers. I'll be switching to a more cost effective product once our subscription is up.

Avantages

Ease of install - It is extremely easy to deploy Carbonite. I have installed it on our Windows 10 workstations as well as our server VMs running Windows Server 2012. Each time the process is quick and simple. I also like the custom updates it provides on backup status. It also lets you customize backup policies for each individual device to optimize utilization.

Inconvénients

They wanted to increase our yearly cost by more than 50% with minimal account upgrades.

Our account was set to renew automatically at this increased price with no warning. An account rep reached out to me a 6-8 weeks ahead of our renewal date but wouldn't respond until we were about 2 weeks out. At that time he informed me our price was going up.

The strange thing was that under billing it still showed the price we had been paying for the past six years, and showed we would be charged the same amount again on our renewal date. If he hadn't mentioned it on the call they would have charged us the new price without informing us until we received the receipt. I really did not like that their system was showing one price but they planned to spring another on us.

Sue S.
  • Secteur d'activité: Santé, bien-être et fitness

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Used for years without a problem

Publié le 22/07/2021

Carbonite was a fairly reliable product. Sometimes it had glitches which required that I had to uninstall and reinstall product to get it working again.

Avantages

I felt safe having Carbonite in place to securely backup my data on a daily basis.

Inconvénients

I did not like not having the ability to file share. The initial set up to backup all our files took forever to complete and it affected the use of the computer while it was transferring data.

David M.
  • Secteur d'activité: Services et technologies de l'information

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Carbonite for personal or small business

Publié le 11/03/2021

Complete system restoration was a huge problem solver. Also real time continuous synched back up helped immensely for incidents such as accidental deletion.

Avantages

The product was easy to implement and configure. The best features were continuous synchronous backup, and backup with encryption. It also had a feature to back up the entire system that could be used to restorer after a hardware failure.

Inconvénients

The features were never a problem, however the pricing model changed significantly that made the prodcut unaffordable to my business and my clients.

Andrew K.
  • Secteur d'activité: Marketing et publicité

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Makes for very easy regualr backups

Publié le 10/11/2019

Very good. We trialled a few different options but this was the best one.

Avantages

Once it is set up properly you don't need to touch it again. If a problem occurs, it gives you a notification and is fixed easy.

Inconvénients

Indicating which files and folders to back up can be a pain. By default, it backs up heaps of things that don't need backing up.