Carbonite

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

164 avis

James
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 11-50 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Easy to set up for peace of mind

Publié le 09/04/2018

Avantages

We've used Carbonite in our office for years. We recently upgraded to a higher package, and I enjoy the ease of use. Carbonite backs up our files in the background and gives me peace of mind, in case of a catastrophic loss of data.

Inconvénients

Can slow down the use of the computer sometimes. Especially if trying to delete a file that is being backed up at the time.

• Secteur d'activité : Divertissement

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 4.0 /10

Love that Backup, Hate the Slowdown

Publié le 06/12/2018

Avantages

Carbonite has saved my butt a few times when I've lost files. You used to be able to also see files on your iPhone but that feature was discontinued. I do like that you can choose what specifically to back up.

Inconvénients

It slows down my computer A LOT. I've talked with tech support and they've tried to help but no matter what, it's slow. I set Carbonite to only run while in the middle of the night and that helps.

• Secteur d'activité : Administration publique
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 10 000+ employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 0.0 /10

Deletion of backup

Publié le 11/05/2022

Avantages

I found nothing positive about this software. Software was not as user friendly as the backup company Carbonite bought out. Sorry I kept with it but also shocked to see their deletion policy.

Inconvénients

Carbonite has a 30 day policy to delete all data and is not recoverable if your subscription laps. Unfortunately my computers had to be reimaged due to malware, my credit card was compromised and I was just starting over when I found out Carbonite had deleted my data 5 days before. I had one email that stated my subscription had expired because my Credit card had changed. I didn' see it as I was caught up getting everything back on line. But my real problem with carbonite is this 30 day policy of wiping my backups off the server when you have been a customer for years. I totally was confident my data would be there. About 20 years of data was wiped out .I talked to a manager and she said that it is industry standard practice. I checked with several backup companies and none of them were definitely more reasonable. In most they were still recoverable. I didn't expect this type of service. Things happen unexpectedly and you would like to think the company you trusted your data with would have some archive. computers are being hacked every day and a company that cant hold on to your data during replacements etc is not customer friendly and not standing behind what they promise. By the way this company bought out my past backup company I had for years that definitely did not have a policy like this one. Go look for their policy. You will be frustrated finding it. But its been my pleasure to hear that multiple times as their excuse. I hope [SENSITIVE CONTENT] sees this review

Réponse de OpenText Traduire en français

Sorry to hear you've had a poor experience - Please reach out to support for assistance: https://www.carbonite.com/contact-us

Good Program but can get Pricey

Publié le 17/01/2018

Avantages

It offers an additional back up source for me at a reasonable cost. I am a belt and suspenders type of person so I want multiple back ups of everything I do. This provides me with an easy way to have an extra backup source.

Inconvénients

I looked into using this program as my main back up software but when you start looking at the server version it can get expensive in a hurry.

Lester

Great online backup service

Publié le 13/07/2018

It helps me to sleep at night.

Avantages

You can backup your server and desktops using the locally installed software. You have great control over what and when everything is backed up.

Inconvénients

When I needed to do a full server restore, it would have taken days to restore. I contacted Carbonite which sent me a hard drive with our backup on it, which save me many hours.

Linda
  • Secteur d'activité : Immobilier

Insurance!

Publié le 02/05/2019

I have had to recover files and it was easy to figure out how to do it. In one instance I needed technical support and they were responsive and helpful

Avantages

I use this product on my personal and business machine. If my computer were to die, I can easily recover everything

Inconvénients

I like it, it works great. I have recovered files myself with no assistance

Kurt
  • Secteur d'activité : Hôpitaux et soins de santé
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 5 001-10 000 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Backs up things that OneDrive misses.

Publié le 26/05/2021

Once installed and configured you no longer need to worry about it. Restores are easy too and we've had no issues.

Avantages

This product is great for backing up areas of my computer that OneDrive doesn't. It will get my whole C drive, desktop, profile folder, whatever I need, instead of just my documents.

Inconvénients

Nothing really, it does everything I need and closes a simple gap not covered by another product. Great!

Réponse de OpenText Traduire en français

Thanks so much for leaving us a positive review - stay safe out there!

Joni
  • Secteur d'activité : Divertissement
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Carbonite is great, but could be better

Publié le 12/03/2019

For the price, it's worth the piece of mind.

Avantages

The security of having my files automatically backing up to the cloud.

Inconvénients

Files aren't always uploaded as they exist on your computer. For instance, instead of files being in a folder, Carbonite sometimes uploads the folder (empty) and files individually. Very annoying.

Ross
  • Secteur d'activité : Biotechnologie

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

I use Carbonite to backup my data files.

Publié le 02/04/2018

Peace of mind that my data is backed up.

Avantages

The fact that Carbonite runs in the background and ensures my files are always backed up is great. Once it is setup, you do not have to do anything with 95% of your data.

Inconvénients

It would be nice to have it automatically backup all file sizes - without going to specific large files to add them.

Phillip

Set it and forget it.

Publié le 08/02/2018

Stress free off site backup solution.

Avantages

Easy setup, easy upgrades. Product is easy to navigate. It's file icon feature easily lets you see what has or hasn't been backed up.

Inconvénients

Pricing structure has recently changed, not offering previous plan. Pricing model has increased without offering explanation of what current plan covered.

Adam
  • Secteur d'activité : Vente au détail
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus de deux ans

Carbonite - Great Support - Slow Servers

Publié le 08/10/2020

The service that carbonite provides is invaluable. If you don't have your computer files backed up in a remote location you really need to. We have computers "die" all the time and without carbonite (or a similar service) we would be in danger of losing years worth of work.

Avantages

I like how easy it is to setup Carbonite. You download the software then simply tell it what files/folders you want backed up. Then you tell it how often to back up. It is easy to setup and after it is setup, you'll forget its there...until your computer dies and you need to restore the files. Luckily, having carbonite means that if/when your computer dies, you won't lose your valuable files. Their customer support is really good. I was having trouble restoring files and was able to get a support agent on the phone within 10 minutes and within another 5-10 minutes we were good to go.

Inconvénients

The carbonite website is pretty slow. I am restoring about 20gb of files now and it is going super slow. It is saying it'll take 16hrs to download 20gb. That's insanely slow. I know it is not our internet because I transfer large files a lot and it doesn't take long with our internet speed in the office.

Felicia
  • Secteur d'activité : Santé, bien-être et fitness

Great Customer Support

Publié le 08/02/2020

My employees are not IT people, so when we have a backup problem we get on the phone with Carbonite. They take over the computer and find the problems. It's as simple as that. They are so respectful to my team when there are issues and they have taught us how to do simple problem solving checks that can solve the problem! We are very happy with Carbonite.

Avantages

We use Carbonite as our backup program for our computer system. On occasion when our computers update it will change settings on the computer. Carbonite has the ability to let you know via email if it backed up successfully or not. This way we can catch a problem as soon as it arises.

Inconvénients

On occasion there are issues with the computers backing up because of new computer updates. This is solved by alerting us via email when our server does not backup properly.

Heather
  • Secteur d'activité : Services juridiques

Reliable

Publié le 10/10/2018

Overall this is a great product for adding another method of backup to your files for a good price.

Avantages

I like that this software is very reliable. It is working in the background constantly updating all new files. Not only that, but it doesn't slow down the computer while doing it which is a huge plus in my book. I've had many other software programs slow my computer down and I end up ditching them. If we accidentally delete a file, we can go into Carbonite and recover it.

Inconvénients

A couple downsides to this is that if you do happen to lose your information, it takes a long time to download all of the files back onto your computer. Another downside is that Cabonite does not backup any files that have the symbol ~ in the name. I use this often to put certain commonly used files up at the top of list for quick access.

sharon
  • Secteur d'activité : Logiciels

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Good backup software for personal or home use

Publié le 14/07/2017

Peace of mind knowing my files are backed up.

Avantages

- You can back up an unlimited amount of photos, music, and files.
- You can easily see what files are included in the backup, and easily add more files.
- Backup is continuous, you don't have to check it or worry about it.
- Overall a good backup solution. I have not had any problems or errors.

Inconvénients

- It takes forever to retrieve your files. I am restoring files from my old computer to my new one. It has been going for about three WEEKS and it is now at 83%. However, if I needed one particular file right away, I could search for and download that one sooner.

Ken

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Carbonite has been there for me through a few system crashes - had my date backed up and ready...

Publié le 26/07/2018

Great backup of my work - only downside was slow in getting them loaded back.

Avantages

Carbonite was my safety net when my system crashed. I have created a LOT of marketing material over time and it is imperative to have a backup system. I was able to find the files I needed and load them back. Their phone line customer service was also top-notch the one time I called. They were professional and helpful and had me up and running quickly.

Inconvénients

The main detriment is that if you have a lot of large files it will take you a long time even with fast upload speed to get your files loaded back.

Santosh
  • Secteur d'activité : Services juridiques
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 11-50 employés

Carbonite - Review

Publié le 06/11/2019

- it is a good overall experience with Carbonite application.

Avantages

- This is an application which helps us to keep a backup of all our servers daily
- This application is very easy to setup and access.
- This application is very efficient is storing and retrieving data files without any issues.

Inconvénients

- the pricing can be more affordable in pricing
- this application can have more features to handle more use cases.
- this application can be more optimized on UI

• Secteur d'activité : Services et technologies de l'information
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Great product for all kinds of backups

Publié le 24/10/2019

Overall it continues to be a great experience. Support has been great. its saved my clients bacon a number of times when it comes to local restores. highly recommend

Avantages

Ease of setup, ease of use. backup types and styles, and the ability to customize. Solid interface. Customer service and support.

Inconvénients

When they updated to version 6, they changed the software interface quiet a bit, it feels restricted in terms of the ability to administer tasks. I much prefer that older classic look and feel for those of us who know their way about backup software. Price point is a little high, especially for small offices who only have 2-3 servers vs bigger clients who could have 6-10 or more.

Greg
  • Secteur d'activité : Produits chimiques
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 201-500 employés

Carbonite

Publié le 14/12/2018

It has been a life savor for me. Our owner had lost his laptop and I was able to fully recover his data to restore on new laptop. He was extremely great full that we had this software installed.

Avantages

Users love being able to login on phone/pad and view files that have been synced from their workstation/laptop. Also, gives them security that their files are backed up if something went wrong with their workstation/laptop.

Inconvénients

Not really con but depending on amount of data, syncing it up and recovery can take sometime to complete.

Alex

• Support client

Used to be great but functionality has been reduced

Publié le 04/01/2018

Avantages

It's quite easy to install and set up and you can leave it just to do it's thing. Plenty of storage space. Mobile app is also usefully for accessing files.

Inconvénients

It's now expensive compared with competitors. Functionality has also been reduced over time which means that some things are no longer available or you have to buy a more expensive package. Basic licence only covers one computer and it's quite expensive to add more computers. Poor renewal deals for loyal customers.

Pete

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Excellent way to back up my personal files, pictures, videos.

Publié le 18/01/2018

Avantages

It is extremely easy to set up. My media folders are already set to back up each night so as I add files to these folders I know they are being stored in the cloud for me.

Inconvénients

From what I can tell there is no easy way to get your files back if your computer crashes. When I say easy I mean fast way to get them. The upload times to back up your files are long, so I can imagine if you are trying to restore a backup it would take days.

Brian
  • Secteur d'activité : Formation professionnelle et coaching

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Essential cloud backup solution!

Publié le 18/03/2018

Ability to restore files to a new computer.

Avantages

Carbonite provided outstanding customer service when we needed to transfer files to a new computer. They walked us through the entire process and saved us hours of heartache!

Inconvénients

The price point is fairly competitive with other cloud backup solutions and sometimes they offer discounts at time of renewal if a 5-year plan is chosen.

• Secteur d'activité : Assurance

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

Ok until it isn’t.

Publié le 15/02/2019

Quit working and customer service was unable to help me get it working again.

Avantages

Once set up it is very easy to use. It will continue working in the background.

Inconvénients

Can have errors or quit working and the user not be aware. The bing that makes it nice, automatic hands off backup, also makes it a danger. You need to verify frequently that the software is doing its job.

Jennifer
  • Secteur d'activité : Psychologie

Great Product!

Publié le 03/10/2019

It has been excellent. Highly highly recommended.

Avantages

It is so easy and works so well. I have had a computer crash and was thankfully already using Carbonite. It was so simple to load everything on the new computer. It is absolutely worth the money.

Inconvénients

I don't like when they contact me to try to upsell new products. The one I have works great for me. I wish I could opt-out​ of promotional emails, but I also think others can benefit from the other products so I understand why they do it.

John
  • Secteur d'activité : Marketing et publicité
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 51-200 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Simple, reliable and reasonably priced file back up system!

Publié le 26/07/2018

Continuous, reliable and automatic file back up to the cloud.

Avantages

I love that Carbonite is constantly running in the background and instantly and automatically backs up file changes and new files without me having to do anything!

Inconvénients

The price is little bit high compared to some other alternatives. but the ease of use of this software makes it worth it.

Jeff
  • Secteur d'activité : Entreposage
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 51-200 employés

Carbonite Safe works

Publié le 03/09/2019

Carbonite has been great. Easy to do business with, and the tech works well.

Avantages

Customer support. When something fails, they're all over it. When I need a restore, they're all over it.

Inconvénients

Well, new agents come out often enough that it can be difficult for our small IT team to keep up, but it's a necessary evil.