29 avis affichés sur 19

• Fonctionnalités
des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
29 avis affichés sur 19
Terran G.
  • Secteur d'activité: Recherche
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 501-1 000 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Awesome features for screen captures

Publié le 17/01/2020

I like what the software does, it just seems to be slow when posting videos.

Avantages

I like all the features that come with the screen capture capabilities. It allows recording from multiple different cameras and can even let you jump through the video when the lecture slide has changed.

Inconvénients

It takes forever to upload once the recording has finished. I'm not sure what kind of processing has to take place here, but I often can't access videos for hours after the recording has finished.

Jason H.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 5 001-10 000 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

Kaltura - Great Experience for the End User - Horrible Experience for a Systems Admin

Publié le 03/11/2016

Kaltura is a valuable tool that integrates wonderfully with Canvas LMS. We have it set up for Teachers and Students to upload and publish videos. Kaltura has also launched In-Video Quizzing, so students watch a portion of a video, and then are prompted to answer a quiz question before they're able to continue watching. This interaction is awesome.

Kaltura's customer service, however, is horrendous! Out of all of the technologies I manage for Utah Valley University, Kaltura is by far the worst at responding to emails and fulfilling customer requests. For example, I sent an email to their customer support account and cc'd our customer success manager and technical rep over a month ago, using the instructions provided on their site, and have yet to receive any response.

Also, the Kaltura Management Console (KMC) is all Flash based. It's 2016. Seriously. Update the KMC.

Avantages

Great product for end users, especially the integration with Canvas LMS.

Inconvénients

Customer Support is the absolute worst. And the KMC is Flash based.

Alexandra S.
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant 1 à 5 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 0.0 /10

Kaltura is the worst product I have ever used

Publié le 30/01/2021

My overall experience with Kaltura has been horrible. I will never use it again.

Avantages

I will never use Kaltura again, this is my 6th try using the software and I find it impossible.

Inconvénients

Kaltura needs some sort of software update to improve functionality, it is probably the most clunky software I have ever used. Examples of issues I have had with Kaltura include: recording lectures for a class - as I am recording a lecture the software will just quit. When I try to reopen the software to see if the recording saved it will not re-open. It unexpectedly quits regularly. I also has an issue with editing videos. This software and its integration into Canvas is beyond slow to the point of not functional.

Valamere M.
  • Secteur d'activité: Enseignement supérieur
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Enhance Your Online Classroom Experience with Kaltura

Publié le 30/07/2019

This tool has been useful in providing an easy to use interface to record live sessions, welcome announcements, discussion posts, and provide media enhanced student feedback.

Avantages

I love the convenience of Kaltura Video Platform because it is built into my university's learning management system (Blackboard), which does not require downloading any external tools. I like the functionalities of video with screen share capture, audio and webcam recording within an easy to use platform. Also, this platform allows you to upload and store media into your repository to later use across any of your online courses.

Inconvénients

I have experienced technical issues while using the video capture appliance (Personal Capture). For example, after recording, the media library pops up and then my screen would freeze for a length of time. I would switch browsers and enable Adobe Flash, but was unsuccessful. So, I often use a different recording device and use Kaltura Video Platform to upload, edit, and store my media.

Utilisateur vérifié
  • Secteur d'activité: Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif
  • Taille de l'entreprise: Auto-entrepreneur
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Easy to use video production and sharing

Publié le 22/08/2019

Avantages

Not sure if I would have selected this, it was part of the suite of programs available at the time, but was pleasantly surprised. The program was easy to use with a minimal learning curve, produced fine quality videos (even with a laptop webcam), and walked you through sharing.

Inconvénients

Took some effort to learn; find the video tutorials and that helps.

Rahul S.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 11-50 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans

Video hosting with Kaltura

Publié le 27/02/2018

Avantages

Open source video platform provider.
Another solution to host videos like Youtube, Vimeo.
Easy interface.

Inconvénients

Katura lacks in providing a good customer support.
To play Kaltura videos you need have Flash on your system.

Alex M.
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Kaltura Video helped me use my school's LMS more efficiently

Publié le 03/05/2019

learning needs have been met, and that's always great!

Avantages

I loved being able to upload videos to my school's LMS using Kaltura

Inconvénients

Clunky design in certain areas made it counter intuitive

Melissa S.
  • Secteur d'activité: Enseignement supérieur
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 10 000+ employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 1 à 5 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

Kaltura

Publié le 08/10/2018

Avantages

It's a free way to get my video uploaded to a website or classroom platform.

Inconvénients

The functionality for saving video and then uploading it to an outside source was a little confusing at first. The tutorial showed buttons and functions that were not available on the version I was working with so the tutorial was frustrating at times.

Brian B.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 2-10 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant 1 à 5 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Easy to use video creator

Publié le 16/08/2017

Easy to setup and use, helpful video tutorials, ability for users to changes playback modes with videos with slide presentations and webcam lectures.

Avantages

Excellent tool for educators who need to create videos for online students. The ability to record both a PowerPoint presentation and webcam on the same screen is awesome. The option for each student to change the playback function is very helpful to their individual learning style.

Inconvénients

Could be competitively priced as some other video creation products which offer a free version or a longer trial period. However, the education discount is nice.

Breanna P.
  • Secteur d'activité: Hôpitaux et soins de santé
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant 1 à 5 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 4.0 /10

Kaltura Capture is user friendly, but lacks editing capabilities

Publié le 27/11/2018

Avantages

Easy to capture screen and audio, also fairly easy to upload to Kaltura.

Inconvénients

If launched from browser, it can be laggy. In addition, I am not personally fond of the lack of editing tools available - options to add multiple clips together would be useful.

Nancy D.
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus d'un an

Great for making presentations

Publié le 18/06/2018

free

Avantages

Allows for ease when organizing and developing a prenarrated presentation. Lets you upload images and take screenshots.

Inconvénients

Short recording time so you have to make sure your narrations are well organized ahead of time and the initial software download takes a while.

Louis M.
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant Essai gratuit

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

We ran a trial of Kaltura to see how it would perform in classroom use

Publié le 01/08/2018

Ease of use, good video quality, and more participation from my students watching the films for class.

Avantages

I loved the ease of use compared to the old system we used that required login, the proper Java files, and a lot of patience. The video quality was excellent and the ability to set up pages in Canvas was a plus

Inconvénients

I didn't not like anything about Kaltura. Our college decided to go with Ilos, and I never could figure out why. I liked them the same, and didn't find any problems with Kaltura.

Debby F.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 51-200 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Great platform to post videos.

Publié le 10/10/2018

Avantages

I loved the level of professionalism. Streaming was fast with no glitches. I got my work done quickly thanks to their excellent streaming quality.

Inconvénients

Since I am on the user side of the software, I can't really think of negative things, except when I once had a problem and their customer service department weren't quick to respond.

Marshall M.

Working with Kaltura

Publié le 13/01/2017

Kaltura is a good option for companies looking to host videos but is not comfortable using Vimeo or YouTube. Kaltura gives control of many aspects important to hosting videos. The web interface and upload process are straightforward and easy to implement into any organization.

Valerie D.