Avis clients sur ActiveCollab

ActiveCollab

Outil de gestion de projet puissant et simple

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

399 avis

Marie
  • Secteur d'activité : Art

Migration de Harvest vers ActiveCollab

Publié le 21/10/2022

Avantages

L'option Charge de travail et Agenda sont vraiment géniaux pour planifier notre semaine.

Inconvénients

Il n'y a pas de façon de créer une banque de contacts pour la facturation des clients. Pour enregistrer les coordonnées des clients il faut absolument les inviter à collaborer dans le logiciel.

Rita
Rita
  • Secteur d'activité : Ressources humaines

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

ActiveCollab outils de gestion de projets pour des petite entreprise

Publié le 05/10/2023

je l'utilise pour des partenaire

je l'utilise pour des partenaire

Avantages

ActiveCollab outils de gestion de projets pour des petites entreprise dans le temps et le tarif

Inconvénients

pas d'inconvénients dans l'utilisation de ActiveCollab

Moise
  • Secteur d'activité : Cosmétiques
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 11–50 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

un traceur de temps remarquable

Publié le 27/06/2023

Avantages

ce logiciel m'a tellement servi en suivant et maitrisant la gestion de mes horaires

Inconvénients

au départ ce n'était pas facile mais avec le temps j'ai aimé

Mavares
Mavares

• Support client

Manage and accompany to innovate

Publié le 09/07/2018

Control of project operations

Control of project operations

Avantages

In such a complex world, where the time and control factor in operations makes a difference, it is vital to have a platform that allows access to many tasks that, otherwise, would involve and coordinate many people, this type of tools allows us to save costs and reduce involuntary human errors, in everything that refers to the necessary coordination between all the members of the project. The calendar allows to have all the tasks, meetings, and filter the tasks by projects, and if that were not enough, all this can be complemented with the participation of the members remotely, so that it is possible to follow the general state of the proyects. In case of any problem, the support team is attentive to clarify your doubts, there are still elements that we have not had the opportunity to explore, but that, surely, according to our needs we will be using them to solve the growing demands of our organizations.

Inconvénients

As with many platforms, the versions that are used in tables or smart devices show some limitations, in relation to those that are handled by PC, it would be very important to preserve and maximize the benefits when you have other devices and not limit the functions that, After all, knowledge or traditional devices for solving problems are not always available.

Matthew
Matthew

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

ActiveCollab is one of the easiest PM tools to migrate to

Publié le 17/06/2021

Overall, I really like the product and I think for any team that has been plagued with trying to find the "right solution" to their PM needs, either overwhelmed by more technical PM tools or underwhelmed by lightweights, then ActiveCollab slots in nicely as being a very viable, competitive solution. You just have to ask yourself if the pricing is worth it.

Avantages

There are actually two PM tools that I absolutely love - Nifty and Ora, however, as much as I love them, they're a bit too "technical" for the layman to use. If you're not heavily invested in software development, they can be overwhelming, but ActiveCollab offers a really clean UI and superb UX that make onboarding new, casual users a breeze.

The features offered in ActiveCollab are on par with the industry and mean that you can grow into the product as a team without worrying about boundaries for the most part. I only say "the most part" because I'm on a lower tier plan that doesn't include things like Invoicing (something I use a different product for anyway).

Inconvénients

While I guess it can be seen as a "smart" business decision, I think gating things like Invoicing behind a pay wall doesn't feel great as an end user. It's just the psychological aspect of it all, right?
If you said I had to pay $7.50/month for a plan and then an additional $3/month for Invoicing, I would be less inclined versus just being asked to pay $10/month for everything.

I think the pigeon-holing of Invoicing being behind a plan that is also a price per member can also be a crux because the functionality doesn't really change between a 2 person operation and a 200 person operation, but the two would pay a crazy amount of difference ($6 vs. $600) just for Invoicing.

Sarfaraz
Sarfaraz
  • Secteur d'activité : E-learning
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 1 001–5 000 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Streamline Your Team Collaboration with ActiveCollab

Publié le 26/01/2023

Overall, my experience with ActiveCollab has been positive. The software is user-friendly and easy to navigate, making it simple to keep track of tasks and projects. The interface is clean and intuitive, and the ability to assign tasks to team members and set deadlines is a great feature. The dashboard gives a clear overview of progress, and the ability to integrate with other tools like Google Drive and Slack makes it even more efficient. The customer support team is also responsive and helpful. The only downside I have found is that the software is a bit expensive for the small business.

Avantages

One of the things I liked most about ActiveCollab software is its user-friendly interface. The interface is intuitive and easy to navigate, making it simple for my team to quickly access the features and tools they need to manage our projects. Additionally, the software is highly customizable, allowing us to tailor it to our specific needs and workflows. The ability to create custom workflows and labels helped me to stay on top of my projects and keep everything organized. Another feature that I liked is the ability to collaborate with team members in real-time and leave comments on tasks, which helped to streamline communication and keep everyone on the same page. Overall, ActiveCollab software is an efficient and productive tool for managing projects and teams.

Inconvénients

One of the things I liked least about ActiveCollab software was the lack of flexibility in customizing the interface. While the overall layout and design was user-friendly, I found it difficult to make small adjustments to suit my team's specific needs. Additionally, the reporting feature could be improved with more detailed and customizable options. Another downside was the limited integration capabilities with other tools and platforms. Overall, while ActiveCollab offers a solid project management solution, there is definitely room for improvement in terms of customization and integration options.

Ulric
Ulric

Collaborative working made easy

Publié le 18/11/2019

Avantages

It's a great Project Management System. We moved from a legacy system and had prerequisites for our agency: project & task management, people/roll management and time management. It does these with ease. Then it layered great collaborative working.

Inconvénients

The recently launched "workload" feature is an add-on additional cost. As a SaaS the competition is fierce for features and benefits. I personally think this should have been part of their bundle, not additional.

Alternatives envisagées

Trello et Asana
Bryan
Bryan

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

A great project management tool for design studios

Publié le 15/05/2018

Avantages

We've been using ActiveCollab since version 1. We needed more features and flexibility than other project management systems provided and we also were looking for an invoicing system. ActiveCollab provided all of that in one package and we could buy a license to run on our own server instead of paying monthly fees. This pricing model was very attractive for us along with the extra features to make the system fit our project management workflow, made ActiveCollab an easy choice.

Inconvénients

The mobile app isn't the best. For those who heavily rely on using their project management system on mobile, this might be something to consider. I'm not a fan of the themes in the theme option, but if using the self hosted version, then you could potentially adjust styling to fit your business better.

Khothatso
Khothatso
  • Secteur d'activité : E-learning

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

ActiveCollab is a very Comprehensive Tool.

Publié le 11/08/2022

Avantages

ActiveCollab ensures that I meet my deadlines and deliver quality work always. I can manage my work and collaborate with my team effectively and hassle-free. Its interface and design offers simplicity and helps me manage everything on one platform from tracking tasks, file sharing to planning on my calendar. I am really impressed with it and it is really helpful in terms of communication. I can recommend it to anyone.

Inconvénients

I found it difficult to integrate it my calendar when I first started using but so far I'm pleased with it.

Mike
Mike

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Feature-rich, flexible project management with great support

Publié le 09/02/2018

Flexible, robust project management with great support.

Flexible, robust project management with great support.

Avantages

While some project management systems try to force their own project management paradigms, ActiveCollab allows you the freedom to decide how you will manage your projects. Kanban? Click a button. Gannt? Click a button.

You can easily manage milestones, tasks, files, discussions, time-tracking et al. however needed and have every feature you'll need or want available.

Their support and development has been amazing. Quick replies, quick changes to the core product for quality-of-life requests.

Inconvénients

Rich text could use some work as adding formatted content will sometimes yield awful results.

Needs a better way to sort/view items in "My Work" based on tags and deadlines e.g., view all tasks due that week or all view all time based on job types.

A responsive design and more fluid UI would also be a welcome change.

Chris
Chris
  • Secteur d'activité : Construction de matériel ferroviaire

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

ActiveCollab is Basecamp, but better and cheaper

Publié le 27/11/2018

Overall, this is a major tool for the day-to-day operation of my business. Support is at least average, functionality is fairly complete and mature, and it is a pleasure to use.

Avantages

I started using ActiveCollab back when it was open source and contributed to the code. Since then it has matured a lot. It is a great over-all solution for project management, communication, time management, and even invoicing. The interface is well-thought-out and has few glitches.

Inconvénients

The reporting functionality leaves a bit to be desired, but gets the job done. As others have mentioned, the search functionality is not great and setting up Elastic Search for the self-hosted version is a bit involved. Also, the mobile apps are not great.

Stuart
Stuart
  • Secteur d'activité : Production audiovisuelle

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

ActiveCollab is worth it for us.

Publié le 25/10/2018

It does what we need for the most part, at a reasonable price.

It does what we need for the most part, at a reasonable price.

Avantages

ActiveCollab is pretty straight forward for our needs of project management.

Inconvénients

We like being able to create templates for projects, however, there is no ability to copy a template and adjust it to be a different template. Every template needs to be made from scratch, and there's not an easy way to even copy and paste things from other templates. A lot of our templates are similar but have variations. We've contacted support multiple times and they like our idea, but they haven't done anything about it in about two years of asking.

Dwight
Dwight
  • Secteur d'activité : Internet

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

Could of been great

Publié le 09/10/2018

It's run's our agency and we want scheduling integrated but, it's not being supported.

Avantages

New version is clean and nice, posting old data from hosted versions is simple. Almost hit's it out of the park fopr use in any ad agency.

Inconvénients

It's no longer supported. We looked to invest a bit of $ to move from a self-hosted to their cloud for AC3 and the support response was crickets. They have a scheduler but, it is not for hourly limits, jsut due dates. If you are trying to schedule against hour constraints you'll need to look elsewhere.

Joshua

• Support client

This system is the very bedrock of client collaboration in our company. We simply need it.

Publié le 09/03/2018

Avantages

Diversity of features. It covers calendar integration, task management, expense and time tracking, client estimates and invoicing is integrated, discussions with clients are threaded and neatly organized at all times, file uploads that act as a mini-Dropbox for yourself and your clients, notes, facebook-style timeline of the activity within each project... And I haven't even touched on the level of customization, multitude of extensions (Zapier included), scalability (with self-hosted options!), and the iOS app that works with either cloud or self-hosted versions (our clients LOVE the app).

We love ActiveCollab because of it's diversity. That's the one reason that in our opinion, it's simply irreplaceable. Having to replace it would be like adding tripling the administrative work on our plates. It replaces the need for multiple separate services that do each of those things separately. Who wants that when you can have one single login to one single system that can rule them all? ;)

SIMPLY. IRREPLACEABLE.

Inconvénients

The iOS and Android apps needs some work. They don't do as much as the desktop version, so they feel limited. They don't really take advantage of features like gestures or multi-touch, which every smartphone has.

We'd really like to be able to upload more than just pictures from the camera roll; some kind of file picking, or option to upload to ActiveCollab from another app (share sheets) would go a LONG way. Optimization for tablet-size screens would be sweet too, along with the simple ability to make text in the app bigger or smaller, so it's easier to read.

The calendar allows for syndication via subscription links, but stopping there feels premature. It would help a lot to be able to integrate to Calendar apps (via CalDAV), since the calendar isn't available on the mobile app either. It would be really nice so that we can add or edit events from our native calendar apps of choice.

Support is fantastic, and extremely knowledgeable. We run a self-hosted installation, which is more economical for us, but we don't have pros running our server environment. That task falls on us, teaching ourselves as we go, and it feels like support will drop clues about what an issue is, instead of going the distance and going in themselves to help fix the problem. Granted, that's more of a problem with /us/, since we're business administrators and not experts in server management. But support will not abandon you. They've always got your back, no matter how tough the problem!

Susan

Constantly Improving and Helpful Support

Publié le 28/02/2019

The team is immediate to help, and pleasant to deal with. Also, truly they release updates like monthly, the product is always getting better which is AWESOME.

Avantages

This software includes all of the features of the leading brands and more in most cases. I compared ActiveCollab to every system out there and tried demos and trials of each as well. It combines robust options with ease of use, and is more affordable than most other options. We can use kan-ban, calendar or list views, and can organize almost everything to our own preference. They also are continuously upgrading the system and adding features. I also like that they have a roadmap on their website so you know what they will be working on next. Top quality product and service.

Inconvénients

We used to be able to change the colors and design options but now we are limited to one set of colors and 4 or 5 different background images. I know it is probably only the designers who care, but as a design company, it drives me crazy. It's not ugly, per se, and it is definitely not hard to read or use, but it is not how I would like it to look, so, it's my least favorite thing about it.

• Secteur d'activité : Enseignement supérieur
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 1 001–5 000 employés

Keeps getting better

Publié le 24/07/2019

Avantages

Active Collab is efficient, friendly, and structured just right for our team's work. The reporting, activity stream, project, task, and subtask organization are all well-calibrated for daily use to organize work and to report on projects.

Inconvénients

I wish AC integrated with Jira. Our development unit uses Jira, but the complexity means it's a no-go for our unit's daily use. The lack of integration means that sometimes members of our team have to ping-pong between both products, or fail to understand what's happening there. A preview of a Jira ticket in AC would be totally sufficient.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Beautiful design meets functionality

Publié le 26/05/2021

All in all, I am happy with ActiveCollab and glad to have discovered it. The support is ultra quick to respond via live chat and very friendly and helpful.

Avantages

The very first thing I would like to highlight is ActiveCollab's great, minimalist design. It is one of the most beautiful UI I have ever used. Everything is clearly and logically laid out and it doesn't take many clicks to get to the desired item.
The project management is also simply beautiful, so you don't lose track of everything. Tags and statuses can be customized and the integrated calendar provides an overview of upcoming tasks including deadlines. Task lists and to-dos can be added to each project and sorted by priority. The time tracking is also a nice feature, so you don't have to rely on another program.

Inconvénients

Currently, I still find creating customers a bit too cumbersome. I first have to navigate to the "Contacts" item and create the respective company before I can assign a project. I would like to be able to add a project directly from the list of the corresponding company/contact without having to switch back and forth in the menu. An integration with HubSpot would also make work easier if contacts are constantly synchronized, because with HubSpot I always have all contacts automatically.

Réponse de Active Collab

Thank you for your feedback! With the current design of the app, you can add people invited to your account directly to the project. If you need to assign a company a project, you would need to first have a company created in the People section and users added to the company. As for the integration, you can use Zapier to link ActiveCollab and HubSpot. Fore more detailed instructions please feel free to contact our support teams at support@activecollab.com.

Tony

Great task management application

Publié le 26/01/2018

Avantages

Activecollab are great, we were previously using 3 different Basecamp accounts for our sister companies. Basecamp was becoming a nightmare, it's ugly and the support is bad. We frequently have projects running over as an example, usually as we are waiting on information so we need to manually update every task deadline (Slow and painful) Activecollab allows selecting the project and bulk updating the deadline on the tasks, or in a list view one by one which is quick and easy.

We opted for the self hosted version and use an amazon AWS Elastic Search Service for searching. this is so much cheaper than what Basecamp was costing and so much more user friendly. Anyone big plus factor is, we were able to customise the software a bit (Against their guidelines) to give it some branding for our company by including an additional CSS file, we have to add this after every update but it's worth it.

Inconvénients

Lack of built in customisation
Email sending is limited in regards to daily reports etc
Requires Elastic Search which is on another server/service, whilst not a huge deal it would have been nice to have a local native search and a high performance option using Elastic Search.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 1.0 /10

ActiveCollab is the worst project management system I have ever used.

Publié le 02/10/2018

No business problems are being solved through ActiveCollab, they are only being created.

Avantages

I truly do not really like anything about ActiveCollab, but the feature that allows you to hide things from clients is nice.

Inconvénients

The title says all of it - ActiveCollab is the single worst project management system I have ever used. Their customer service is the worst part, because it makes solving all of the other issues that go on almost impossible. The timer never works and deletes people's work, the server is often down for days at a time, clients will lose access for no reason at all and not be able to login, we'll stop receiving ActiveCollab email notifications and tasks will show either for the wrong day or not at all. When we reach out to ActiveCollab, they more often than not have absolutely no solution and just say "they are working on it".

Joseph

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

This has been the perfect solution for our project management needs. We do everything here.

Publié le 16/01/2018

More efficient project management. More time spent on work, less time searching for files or waiting on emails.

Avantages

It has the sophistication we need and remains very easy to use. I have tried nearly every other project management software out there, and this one makes the most sense to me. It allows us to effectively collaborate with clients, and it gives us complete control over what can be seen and accessed. We use it for time tracking as well. It connects with a number of other services including Quickbooks. They really seem to listen to their users. I have asked for things and have seen them implemented. Overall, it is a great solution for us, and I do recommend it to anyone looking to better manage their projects.

Inconvénients

I did like a little more flexibility in the license levels. It would be nice to pay by the user when we need extra users rather than have to bump up to a level that many more users than we currently need.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

Pros and Cons of ActiveCollab

Publié le 02/10/2018

Although we have to wrestle with ActiveCollab on a regular basis, it does allow us to stay organized between projects and client communication. Something we would be unable to do through email alone.

Avantages

Working at an agency with 50+ people, where there are many moving parts and everyone wears a lot of hats, Active Collab allows us to stay organized and hold conversations in tasks, with or without clients. Tasks are easy to schedule, reschedule and conversate in.

Inconvénients

Overall, these are the issues we experienced with ActiveCollab on a regular basis:

- The ActiveCollab timer erased logged time regularly
- Documents were unable to be uploaded to tasks from time to time, which halted communication on certain topics
- The customer service is very slow. If you're having an issue with the software, it takes weeks to resolve the issue
- Sometimes the software is so slow or won't open for an unreasonable amount of time, ultimately wasting time

Sergey
  • Secteur d'activité : Relations publiques et communications

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Clean and pleasant user interface with most of functionality that we need

Publié le 09/02/2018

It is our primary task tracker that we use for each and every project we work on.

Avantages

1. Nice and easy-to-use interface. No issues with using it for several hours a day.
2. Several nice feeds: global (across all projects), project-wide and personal.
3. Ability to estimate and then track time for a given task.
4. We are an agency and our clients are REALLY NOT eager to use various task-trackers that different agencies push onto them. Thankfully, you can respond to any ActiveCollab comment via email so our clients do not even need to open ActiveCollab to collaborate with us. Meanwhile, we have all messages and comment in a nice and clean order, all inside our comfy ActiveCollab interface.

Inconvénients

At some point we decided to move to a self-hosted version of ActiveCollab. By that point we've been using ActiveCollab for a while and our database (including all the files) was about 150GB. Unfortunately, it took about 6 weeks (from 16/10/2017 to 30/11/2017) for the guys over at ActiveCollab to provide us with a link to download our data.

Matthias

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

We have been using ActiveCollab as a collaboration tool in our agency since 2009 and are still...

Publié le 12/02/2018

Our entire team is happy to finally use only one piece of software for teamwork. Starting with the project manager, up to the developer and the support all use the same software. Due to the interface (API) the software can be integrated wonderfully into our existing system infrastructure.

Inconvénients

We use the self-hosted version of the program. One requirement for the search is the use of ElasticSearch. Unfortunately this is not possible at the moment, so that we cannot use the search.

Andrew
Andrew

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

This is the Project Management tool you've been searching for!

Publié le 06/07/2018

I've tried at least 20 different Project Management tools, but they were all either too expensive or simply not enjoyable to use.

ActiveCollab saves me hours every week that I would normally spend searching for documents, keeping track of tasks, and double-checking things with clients.

It also saved my sanity an email-based PM system is not mentally sustainable!

I use it for work, and also for side-projects: learning new things, centralizing my store of ideas to ensure that they get implemented...the list of uses is endless.

Avantages

ActiveCollab is far less expensive than BaseCamp and more visually appealing than the likes of Zoho or Trello. This makes it ideal for freelancers (myself included), but it could work for larger teams just as well.

It's available everywhere I need it: the web, my Mac, and my phone.

The overall workflow is insanely simple, yet powerful, allowing you to create new clients, projects, tasks and sub-tasks with ease.

Every time you find yourself thinking "hmm...I wonder if ActiveCollab does this..." whatever you try works just as you expected it to. That's a sign of really good UI/UX thinking.

Their customer support is fantastic, as well. All the people I've talked to have been real, friendly humans never bots or clueless outsourced drones.

Inconvénients

The Mac app is still being worked on, and it has a few startup bugs, but works fantastically, otherwise.

Jona
Jona

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Great tool to work with both clients and developers in the same projects

Publié le 27/01/2018

Operational control of projects

Operational control of projects

Avantages

Enables us to work efficiently on multiple tasks, with multiple users across multiple projects and multiple geographies. It's not too complicated for non-technical users and not too simple when dealing with technical issues with developers. Also can be used many different types of projects.

Inconvénients

We would like more elaborate options for "operational analytics". The reports are ok, but we still have to do too much manual manipulation of data to get what we want. We would also welcome SMS/Text alerts and integration with services such Ghost inspector (e.g. automatic ticket generation).