ActiveCollab

Outil de gestion de projet puissant et simple

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

391 avis

Marie
  • Secteur d'activité : Art
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur

Migration de Harvest vers ActiveCollab

Publié le 21/10/2022

Avantages

L'option Charge de travail et Agenda sont vraiment géniaux pour planifier notre semaine.

Inconvénients

Il n'y a pas de façon de créer une banque de contacts pour la facturation des clients. Pour enregistrer les coordonnées des clients il faut absolument les inviter à collaborer dans le logiciel.

Ross

Great Project Management Software

Publié le 09/02/2018

It organizes my life every day.

Avantages

Solid options for organization and streamlining processes that even clients can be taught to use. As a creative agency selling our time it's important to communicate quickly and efficiently with our clients. A big part of that happens at the beginning of every project when they fill out a creative brief. We've used ActiveCollab to set up standard brief templates so AC asks all the questions and they go down the list and fill it out. The time tracker works great and is a painless way to keep track of time. Email notifications are great, especially being able to respond to comments VIA email really speeds things up. Support staff is great. Always available and helpful.

Inconvénients

The invoicing functionality is great but is missing major sorting and display capabilities. For example, if I wanted to show each time entry with its note about what that entry was for organized by project, I cannot do that. My wife has also complained about the App not having a lot of functionality, but I have not used it much personally. I also think the 'Notes' 'Files' and 'Discussions' tabs are kind of random. Haven't found a good place for those in our workflows and they're confusing for clients. I realize it's a big thing to ask, but I'd also like to see some way of incorporating something like Slack into Active Collab, so we can move away from Skype completely.

Matthias

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

A sleek yet powerful project management software way above its competition

Publié le 09/02/2018

It helps me organize a great number of projects as one-man business without losing more time than necessary.

Avantages

It's amazing how flexible AC can be depending on a project's needs. It can serve as a simple reminder list with great speed and simplicity but also get fully blown up for projects involving production teams and clients at once. Compared to its competition it never feels like its dictating you to use it in a certain way, it just hands you a great bunch of options and lets you use them without interference. I use other products like dropbox and dropbox paper too and it all goes together really nicely.
One thing to note is a personal and genuinely helpful customer service, there have been issues and bugs here and there (not many) and in 90% of the cases they were solved within short time.

I think AC is great for freelancers and small project groups working remotely I switched from Basecamp and it was one of a relief.

Inconvénients

I personally don't like the free limitations of users. I know there's a business model behind it but I hate to delete other clients/team members just to make room for someone else.

Rachel

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 1.0 /10

Convoluted structure is a hindrance to workflow

Publié le 22/09/2020

We ended up transferring from ActiveCollab to Teamwork fairly quickly because it caused some business problems for us. Issues were missed (especially subtasks), and we lacked the reporting structure we needed to keep a good grasp of resourcing and individual task progress. The time logging structure was also a pain point compared to alternate software options we've since pursued.

Avantages

While I will say I don't like much about this software, the budget and description location/transparency works well for the task workflow. It is fairly easy to include all necessary information in an individual task, but detail tracking and dependencies are where this ease of use falls off.

Inconvénients

The relationship between tasks and subtasks is a pain point and lacks clarity/definition. Sometimes there would be dropoff when trying to upload attachments, and they would not actually post to the task. ActiveCollab doesn't have a great reporting structure (compared to Jira) for our specific needs, and that ended up being a hindrance to workflow. For as complicated as the reporting section looked, I felt it was lacking. While it isn't a functionality issue, I also dislike the visual design of the software - it feels antiquated and can be draining for such a frequently used tool. Time logging was difficult compared to the software we moved to later.

Matthew
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

ActiveCollab is one of the easiest PM tools to migrate to

Publié le 17/06/2021

Overall, I really like the product and I think for any team that has been plagued with trying to find the "right solution" to their PM needs, either overwhelmed by more technical PM tools or underwhelmed by lightweights, then ActiveCollab slots in nicely as being a very viable, competitive solution. You just have to ask yourself if the pricing is worth it.

Avantages

There are actually two PM tools that I absolutely love - Nifty and Ora, however, as much as I love them, they're a bit too "technical" for the layman to use. If you're not heavily invested in software development, they can be overwhelming, but ActiveCollab offers a really clean UI and superb UX that make onboarding new, casual users a breeze.

The features offered in ActiveCollab are on par with the industry and mean that you can grow into the product as a team without worrying about boundaries for the most part. I only say "the most part" because I'm on a lower tier plan that doesn't include things like Invoicing (something I use a different product for anyway).

Inconvénients

While I guess it can be seen as a "smart" business decision, I think gating things like Invoicing behind a pay wall doesn't feel great as an end user. It's just the psychological aspect of it all, right?
If you said I had to pay $7.50/month for a plan and then an additional $3/month for Invoicing, I would be less inclined versus just being asked to pay $10/month for everything.

I think the pigeon-holing of Invoicing being behind a plan that is also a price per member can also be a crux because the functionality doesn't really change between a 2 person operation and a 200 person operation, but the two would pay a crazy amount of difference ($6 vs. $600) just for Invoicing.

Mavares

• Support client

Manage and accompany to innovate

Publié le 09/07/2018

Control of project operations

Avantages

In such a complex world, where the time and control factor in operations makes a difference, it is vital to have a platform that allows access to many tasks that, otherwise, would involve and coordinate many people, this type of tools allows us to save costs and reduce involuntary human errors, in everything that refers to the necessary coordination between all the members of the project. The calendar allows to have all the tasks, meetings, and filter the tasks by projects, and if that were not enough, all this can be complemented with the participation of the members remotely, so that it is possible to follow the general state of the proyects. In case of any problem, the support team is attentive to clarify your doubts, there are still elements that we have not had the opportunity to explore, but that, surely, according to our needs we will be using them to solve the growing demands of our organizations.

Inconvénients

As with many platforms, the versions that are used in tables or smart devices show some limitations, in relation to those that are handled by PC, it would be very important to preserve and maximize the benefits when you have other devices and not limit the functions that, After all, knowledge or traditional devices for solving problems are not always available.

Ulric

Collaborative working made easy

Publié le 18/11/2019

Avantages

It's a great Project Management System. We moved from a legacy system and had prerequisites for our agency: project & task management, people/roll management and time management. It does these with ease. Then it layered great collaborative working.

Inconvénients

The recently launched "workload" feature is an add-on additional cost. As a SaaS the competition is fierce for features and benefits. I personally think this should have been part of their bundle, not additional.

Trello et Asana
Bryan
  • Secteur d'activité : Design

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

A great project management tool for design studios

Publié le 15/05/2018

Avantages

We've been using ActiveCollab since version 1. We needed more features and flexibility than other project management systems provided and we also were looking for an invoicing system. ActiveCollab provided all of that in one package and we could buy a license to run on our own server instead of paying monthly fees. This pricing model was very attractive for us along with the extra features to make the system fit our project management workflow, made ActiveCollab an easy choice.

Inconvénients

The mobile app isn't the best. For those who heavily rely on using their project management system on mobile, this might be something to consider. I'm not a fan of the themes in the theme option, but if using the self hosted version, then you could potentially adjust styling to fit your business better.

Helpful tool for organizing

Publié le 01/07/2022

I use this tool daily to assign tasks to the team. It is a good helper and in general I am satisfied with how the application works.

Avantages

Creating tasks is easy. I can create subtasks, assign executors and deadlines.

Inconvénients

I would like it if the subtasks also had a deadline.

Mike

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Feature-rich, flexible project management with great support

Publié le 09/02/2018

Flexible, robust project management with great support.

Avantages

While some project management systems try to force their own project management paradigms, ActiveCollab allows you the freedom to decide how you will manage your projects. Kanban? Click a button. Gannt? Click a button.

You can easily manage milestones, tasks, files, discussions, time-tracking et al. however needed and have every feature you'll need or want available.

Their support and development has been amazing. Quick replies, quick changes to the core product for quality-of-life requests.

Inconvénients

Rich text could use some work as adding formatted content will sometimes yield awful results.

Needs a better way to sort/view items in "My Work" based on tags and deadlines e.g., view all tasks due that week or all view all time based on job types.

A responsive design and more fluid UI would also be a welcome change.

• Taille de l'entreprise : 51-200 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Nice tool for project management

Publié le 22/08/2022

Avantages

This is reasonably priced with several features that are very simple to learn.

Inconvénients

The user interface is not particularly appealing.

Joshua

• Support client

This system is the very bedrock of client collaboration in our company. We simply need it.

Publié le 09/03/2018

Avantages

Diversity of features. It covers calendar integration, task management, expense and time tracking, client estimates and invoicing is integrated, discussions with clients are threaded and neatly organized at all times, file uploads that act as a mini-Dropbox for yourself and your clients, notes, facebook-style timeline of the activity within each project... And I haven't even touched on the level of customization, multitude of extensions (Zapier included), scalability (with self-hosted options!), and the iOS app that works with either cloud or self-hosted versions (our clients LOVE the app).

We love ActiveCollab because of it's diversity. That's the one reason that in our opinion, it's simply irreplaceable. Having to replace it would be like adding tripling the administrative work on our plates. It replaces the need for multiple separate services that do each of those things separately. Who wants that when you can have one single login to one single system that can rule them all? ;)

SIMPLY. IRREPLACEABLE.

Inconvénients

The iOS and Android apps needs some work. They don't do as much as the desktop version, so they feel limited. They don't really take advantage of features like gestures or multi-touch, which every smartphone has.

We'd really like to be able to upload more than just pictures from the camera roll; some kind of file picking, or option to upload to ActiveCollab from another app (share sheets) would go a LONG way. Optimization for tablet-size screens would be sweet too, along with the simple ability to make text in the app bigger or smaller, so it's easier to read.

The calendar allows for syndication via subscription links, but stopping there feels premature. It would help a lot to be able to integrate to Calendar apps (via CalDAV), since the calendar isn't available on the mobile app either. It would be really nice so that we can add or edit events from our native calendar apps of choice.

Support is fantastic, and extremely knowledgeable. We run a self-hosted installation, which is more economical for us, but we don't have pros running our server environment. That task falls on us, teaching ourselves as we go, and it feels like support will drop clues about what an issue is, instead of going the distance and going in themselves to help fix the problem. Granted, that's more of a problem with /us/, since we're business administrators and not experts in server management. But support will not abandon you. They've always got your back, no matter how tough the problem!

Joe

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

I can't say enough good things about ActiveCollab

Publié le 23/01/2020

ActiveCollab keeps our company organized, on task and on budget. From tracking work and projects to tracking the financials surround ing those projects, we couldn't live without ActiveCollab. I love how ease to use it is and how easy to navigate it is.

Avantages

Active collab is intuitive, easy to use and easy to navigate. There are MANY other project management tools out there and I've used a number of them. Active Collab is the best in my opinion in light of the integrations and ease of use.

Inconvénients

There are a number of more in-depth features that are sometimes hard to find in ActiveCollab. Nothing a simple support ticket can't solve though.

Basecamp, monday.com et Wrike

Pourquoi passer à ActiveCollab

Price and ease of use.
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 501-1 000 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

Great Product, Bad Support

Avantages

ActiveCollab is very easy to use. With just a few clicks, you can have a new project created right away. Time tracking, invoicing, payment processing and many other features add an already large depth of features.

Inconvénients

Support is quite bad, at least for the self-hosted release of the application. There is no ticketing support system, and instead you have to chat with staff through the activecollab.com site to be able to get issues logged. You never get professional assistance through chat. They copy and paste your chat into their internal support system. You're then at their mercy to reply back via email. If and when they do write you back to your email address, be prepared for long followups to your replies.

When features are broken in ActiveCollab, if a fix is not on their roadmap to get the problem resolved, it will take a long time, if ever, to get the problem fixed.

Elastic Search is not a great feature for self-hosted AC builds. However, search has always been horrible with AC since it's early days.

Clay
  • Secteur d'activité : Gestion de l'enseignement
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 501-1 000 employés

ActiveCollab Review

Publié le 18/05/2021

Overall I cannot recommend ActiveCollab enough. The application is extremely user friendly and the support staff is extremely responsive and very helpful!

Avantages

I love how easy it was to implement across our IT team. We started using this for our project management and it has drastically increased our efficiency and communication.

Inconvénients

The only thing I have found that I dislike about ActiveCollab is there is no due date for overall projects. You can create due dates for individual tasks, but it would be nice to set it for the project itself. In no way has this impacted our performance, it would just be a nice feature to add.

Redbooth et Basecamp
Michel

Best Collab Tool Out There

Publié le 07/01/2017

Over the past 10 years I worked with several online project management, collaboration and accounting tools, including Basecamp, Harvest/Forecast, Freshbooks, Trello, Asana, Teamwork, Podio, Wrike, etc. Two years ago we started working with Active Collab, and it is the most comprehensive tool so far. Not everything is perfect yet, but compared to all other tools out there, it does the best job in modelling your business, enabling collab workflows and being on top of all projects developments. And it has a nice UX, which is very important if you work 8+ hours a day with an app/software/tool.

Avantages

Covers almost everything you need for team workflow and managing (digital) project, nice UX, rich features, moderate price

Inconvénients

Lacks a dashboard/cockpit, reports should be more flexible and easier to use, design of estimates and documents should be more flexible, billing options should be more flexible

• Taille de l'entreprise : 2-10 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

We wake up with ActiveCollab and close the work day with it :)

Publié le 19/08/2021

10000% happy camper

Avantages

It's been more than 10 years using ActiveCollab since the day they had this 90s looking masterpiece of project scheduling platform. Today ActiveCollab grew sooo much and we love the minimalist style, the fact that they keep integrating and updating new features and functionalities making it every next day better and better.

Inconvénients

I've tried so many other Project planning and Teamwork platforms but this one is the best I've ever seen for what we need - combining teamwork, with project planing, milestones progress, resource scheduling and time tracking.

• Secteur d'activité : Enseignement supérieur

• Support client

After extensive research, our team settled on AC for its simple interface and robust structure.

- Simple, clean UI
- Easy to learn
- Clear structure (teams, projects, categorized task lists) that works well for us
- Ability to sort things in the My Work list, so I can arrange my priorities for the week and then easily reorder things as tasks are completed.
- Integrates well with Dropbox
- Powerful customizable reports (ex. can easily see what got done in the past week on project A, or can get a clear portrait of what employee B did for the last month)

Also, when you're in the middle of writing something (ex. a comment or a note) and get interrupted, it *retains* what you wrote (even if you didn't submit it and no one else can see it). This has saved me so much effort, since it's hard to juggle doing things with documenting them.

Inconvénients

- The Asana importer didn't work for me. This resulted in a huge amount of effort migrating projects and tasks by hand.
- AC emails you every time you're added to a project, and you need to be part of a project to see what's going on in it - we use this for workplace transparency, so there are a lot of projects and the notifications are irritating
- Can't easily transform a task into a project
- The My Work interface doesn't automatically refresh when there's an update on one of my projects, so I can be in AC all day and still miss some notifications (unless I enable email notifications, which I dislike).

Matthias
  • Secteur d'activité : Design

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

We have been using ActiveCollab as a collaboration tool in our agency since 2009 and are still...

Publié le 12/02/2018

Our entire team is happy to finally use only one piece of software for teamwork. Starting with the project manager, up to the developer and the support all use the same software. Due to the interface (API) the software can be integrated wonderfully into our existing system infrastructure.

Inconvénients

We use the self-hosted version of the program. One requirement for the search is the use of ElasticSearch. Unfortunately this is not possible at the moment, so that we cannot use the search.

Aaron

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Very intuitive for our daily use. Our 4-person team is able to keep everything clear and...

Publié le 26/01/2018

Workflow efficiency. Team project management. Time-tracking for hourly clients.

Avantages

The robust features that are at our disposal should we scale up or change the way we work. Discussions, notes, tasks, lists. Third-party app integration if needed. I like that we have room to grow. I also very much like the reports. As the business owner, it's key to see how efficiently my team is performing, and how to keep our workflow profitable.

Inconvénients

Day-to-day, the timer app is buggy. It's frustrating when I can't scroll through our long list of active jobs, or when the status doesn't appear in my toolbar for easy reference. We've also had issues with days going by with time records not being logged, having to take screencaps and re-enter by hand (if we're lucky enough to no re-start the app). A better timer app would be very welcomed.

Andreas

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Flexible project management tool with many features

Publié le 21/02/2019

Avantages

The project management tool has many advantages and features. We've been using it for many years. A big advantage is the link with Slack and Google Drive. This gives us an optimal overview of every customer. In addition, our customers can create tasks independently and communicate with our entire team. Since the new version it is clearer and more intuitive. We can only recommend it and will continue to use it intensively.

Inconvénients

The app itself is expandable and also the software for time recording is relatively unreliable.
The recurring tasks should include more options.

Al

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

I have been an advocate of Active Collab and I have been taking it with me with every new...

Publié le 09/02/2018

It's a great contractor\agency tool. But you don't have to be an agency, its great for in-house too

Avantages

Easy to use, affordable, logical, logical, really helps. The latest version has greate GUI and I have been using this tool for last 4 years. I first used it at Xivic, then took it with me to Get My Auto, Everything Online, Digital Advertier, and now my own consulting firm.

Inconvénients

I wish it would connect to other project management tools such as basecamp, asana, etc. I work with many contractors and vendors and if I could do everything in active collab, then it would create a ticket in their platforms, it would be awsome.

Kaylie

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

One of the best project management softwares I've used (and I've used a lot!)

Publié le 16/12/2020

I have used a lot of project management software between different jobs and Active Collab has by far been the easiest, most straightforward, and practical. I love how streamlined it is. I've used far too many software that try to do too much at once and there are WAY too many buttons and options to complicate things. Active Collab gets the balance right between offering lots of features and keeping the interface user friendly. While there are a few features I wish this had, Active Collab has been great at listening to their users by adding requested features. I greatly appreciate it!

Avantages

-Easy to see everything assigned to me
-Ability to star projects to keep them at the top
-Multiple timers all reside under a convenient clock icon at the top
-Ability to add reminders
-Labels

Inconvénients

-Can only sort tasks by name, project, or due date. I wish you could sort by more than one thing at a time (i.e. By project AND due date)
-Sometimes buggy, but a simple refresh usually fixes the problem

• Support client

Used well, this is all you need to keep an eye on business

Publié le 10/02/2018

Avantages

I like the fact that everything is contextually linked, you can dive into a task from a calendar, report, email - anything really.
As a manager it's great for checking workload and distributing tasks efficiently. I've been using ActiveCollab for a while now in different organisations, so much so I recommended we get the self-hosted version.

Inconvénients

The inability to email direct to other modules like conversations and files unlike Basecamp which does allow it. That and not being able to add tasks from the calendar. That would be awesome.

Eileen
  • Secteur d'activité : Bibliothèques
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 2-10 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Great tool for project management

Publié le 26/02/2019

It's enabled us to stay organized and on track of the time sensitive development process for our online training program.

Avantages

We use ActiveCollab to keep track of our online course development process. So the easy-to-navigate interface is huge. The fact that people are alerted at different points along the development path is also very helpful.

Inconvénients

Keeping track of trainers is a but cludgy. We use Notes but it would be great if there were a dedicated section for tracking info about people (not necessarily ActiveCollab users). Being able to opt in or out of certain interface features would also be nice (we never use invoicing, for instance, so would just as soon not see it).