Avis clients sur Symantec Endpoint Security

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

542 avis

Fernando
Fernando
  • Secteur d'activité : Logiciels

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Traditional and trustful solution for corporative environments

Publié le 14/09/2018

It is my job partner, it protects me along my day without being disturbing. Rarely I see an advice for it or need to take a manual action, and it stills there, doing its good job. I recommend it, for sure!

Avantages

In our company we use it for all the employees. Our IT department has full control over adjustments of all the installations. Employees don't need to worry about scheduled scannings, updatings, fine tunning or anything else. Its pre installed on all the machines and is there to protect, not to disturb. Its awesome!

Inconvénients

What can be a pro in one hand, can also be a con in the other hand. The way it works on client machines, by being configured by IT department and not locally may cause some troubles. You just can't set an action different than quarantine a suspect object. But we all know that sometimes it can be a bad judgment from the antivirus side, like a driver for Android that I needed to install and it was classified as unknown source and therefore didn't allowed me to proceed with installation. At least an option to ignore the object could be better.

Brett
Brett
  • Secteur d'activité : Design

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

LONG TIME Symantec user, and still on board.

Publié le 02/08/2018

Symantec has protected my customers for many years, and I use it in our company also. We've never experience a threat that wasn't, or couldn't be, isolated and removed or quarantined. It's been a very cost effective solution for our company paired with our hardware firewall.

Avantages

It's very easy to install and administer, as either a stand alone endpoint installation or a managed client endpoint. Updates are automatic and the built in firewall is very effective. I've been using Symantec products since we replaced McCrappy throughout our entire organization (enterprise class healthcare organization with multiple hospitals and ambulatory care sites) and have rarely had anything get past it. Given the state of Ransomewear today however, I highly recommend connecting your endpoint AV to a cloud database for realtime and zero day scanning and remediation. Symantec one of the oldest players in the channel and still one of the best.

Inconvénients

The one problem I've experienced using Symantec Endpoint Protection over the years is that from time to time (rarely and generally localized to a workstation) the local database gets corrupted somehow and a number of steps need to be followed to repair the software and get updates flowing again. Simply uninstalling and reinstalling does not do that trick. Past that, it's always been a great asset.

Jeff
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 2–10 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

Good virus protection but needs improvement in performance and malware protection

Publié le 21/03/2020

Classic and well working anti virus program with easy to deploy in business environment but still lacks protection again malwares and spywares. Performance enhancement may be needed to keep current clients and attract new users.

Avantages

Well structured system including server side manager and workstation client deployment
Endpoint manager allows policy management in multiple areas including virus protection, firewall, exception and other areas. Client deployment has multiple options for server and clients as well as remote push or standalone packages.

Inconvénients

Performance degradation is prominent when working with file based database engines like Visual Fox Pro . And protection against malwares and spywares are very limited at best. Compatibility with major programs are also concern. Latest version of endpoint client caused Chrome browser failure. Removal was required to make Chrome work again.

Alternatives envisagées

Webroot Business Endpoint Protection
Samuel
  • Secteur d'activité : Hôpitaux et soins de santé

Symantec Endpoint Security - Offers Best Security Features

Publié le 01/11/2023

Symantec Endpoint Security has worked like magic when it comes to securing our computer systems

Avantages

It makes business endpoint protection easy and at the same time, it offers leading features for computer security
I like the encryption capabilities
The software comes with amazing cloud security features

Inconvénients

We have used Symantec Endpoint Security for quite sometime and I mist say it is flawless. It is well equipped

Brandon
  • Secteur d'activité : Services financiers

Robust and Reliable Protection

Publié le 18/09/2023

Symantec Endpoint Security is a powerful and versatile solution for endpoint protection. Its robust threat defense and network visibility make it an excellent choice.

Avantages

I like its robust threat protection, which includes defenses against malware, ransomware and zero-day attacks. I also appreciate Symantec's ability to provide protection for both on-premises and cloud systems, which gives us the flexibility we need. The EDR feature provides complete visibility and in-depth analysis of threats. Finally, the centralized management is very convenient, allowing us to control and monitor all endpoints on our network from one place.

Inconvénients

Despite its strengths, Symantec Endpoint Security can be a bit complex to set up initially.

Jose
  • Secteur d'activité : Immobilier

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 3.0 /10

Heavy and bloated

Publié le 02/12/2022

Not good experience using Symantec, I would prefer a lighter solution.

Not good experience using Symantec, I would prefer a lighter solution.

Avantages

I liked that the updates are very fast and the UI is nice. The firewall is quite agressive

Inconvénients

I did not liked the program is heavy on computer resources, if you don't have a powerful computer it will slow you down.

Haythum
  • Secteur d'activité : Réseaux informatiques

Symantec Endpoint Security review

Publié le 30/07/2023

Symantec Endpoint Security offers comprehensive protection

Symantec Endpoint Security offers comprehensive protection

Avantages

Symantec Endpoint Security includes advanced threat detection , integrated with Other Products , perfect in Support and frequent updates.

Inconvénients

Setup process Symantec Endpoint Security can be complex it requires technical expertise and can be time-consuming , consumes system resources compared to other software options.

Lana
  • Secteur d'activité : Transport routier/ferroviaire

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 2.0 /10

Gone Downhill

Publié le 15/11/2023

Once purchased by Broadcom, everything went south. I used Symantec Endpoint Security prior to Broadcom and was able to understand it and get done what I needed to using their interface. Once Broadcom took over I couldn't even log in to my portal. Then I found out that it wasn't even activated on our server or other computers. Their customer service made me wait on hold no less than one hour each and every time I called. Then once I got through they would send me to several different people and I never really got any issues resolved.

Avantages

I never liked Symantec once it was purchased by Broadcom. Once that happened, everything changed and time after time I was unable to login to my account. Support was the worst. Nothing was clear at all.

Inconvénients

Broadcom did not care about end users of small businesses.

Charlie
  • Secteur d'activité : Production audiovisuelle

Unshakable Top-notch Cloud Encryption

Publié le 19/11/2023

Providence of of maximum cloud encryption via investigating, analysing and responding to them ASAP. B.I.E.T/M on maleware protection as well as acting as an antivirus software.

Avantages

Ease of deployment and possession of advanced and modern modules to cut cloud/online dangers/threats targeting to harm out database, devices and apps.

Inconvénients

Since bit meets all it was developed for, nothing to register in this section as a con.

Nitesh

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Good for block pen drives and other protection

Publié le 11/11/2023

Avantages

We bought this for overall security of our PC. With this we can block pendrives from the system automatically. Also we have integrated it with our Juniper Firewall. Everything Is working great as of now

Inconvénients

Only problem is it slows down our pc otherwise no problem everything working great

Symantec Endpoint Protections - guards critical data safely

Publié le 17/04/2019

We are working in a health care sector which resides lot of critical and personal data. Data security is our main concern, Symantec endpoint protection provides us with the end to end security of files and customer data. it is installed in all the employees laptop and installation an configuration is easy, Automatic updates makes life simpler. The end user doesn't have impact on the scans being run on the system, occasional rebooting of system is required when any updated are done to the system. Overall a very good antivirus and Malware detection and kill software used in most of the high level corporate companies.

Avantages

1. Compatible with all versions of Windows and Mac OS.
2. We use the cloud version of the software,Email notifications and logs about malware and virus detection are cool features.
3. Updates are automatic, we used to do it manually .
4. Build in firewall function is very effective as we get data from many sources.
5. Scans are even done on the applications being downloaded from web which ensures 100% safety.
6. Easy to scale up ad down based on the number of devices.
7. Proactive threat protection option is very useful.
8. The weekly and monthly scan reports can be scheduled and automated and the logs are very descriptive.
9. The interaction with the end user is very minimal and doesn't create any pop ups unnecessarily.

Inconvénients

1. Annual renewal fee is little higher compared to other vendors.
2. Around 30 to 40% of the CPU resources are consumed during the scan process.
3.The laptop becomes slow while accessing files and data.

Wakkas
  • Secteur d'activité : Services d'information

Symantec Antivirus for End Users

Publié le 01/02/2023

It was great to working on Symantec Antivirus.

It was great to working on Symantec Antivirus.

Avantages

Its easy to operate and We can handle it without much training.

Inconvénients

Technical Support is taking long time to resolve the issue.

Matthew

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Protection from all cyber swashbucklers is ensured

Publié le 05/10/2023

Taking action in an environment where there are latent dangers of viruses every day, we have implemented Symantec, which gives us a fantastic, practical and efficient way of keeping things in order. Modulation and maximum security of networks, files and projects have been ensured due to this tool. It protects hardware and software, making it an excellent choice for maximum performance.

Avantages

Symantec performs well enough to qualify it as excellent software, so I'm happy to report that it's great for everyday use and facilitates fast performance and deployment. I like it because all my network and files are secure. It has met our expectations and provides unique implementation and deployment. Ensuring the security of our network is crucial, and I'm glad that Webroot helps me keep them safe.

Inconvénients

To perform a single action, I have to navigate through multiple subsets, which could be more efficient.

Jesse

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

Works great, but support can be lacking.

Publié le 12/12/2019

When it works, it works great. When it doesn't work, it's usually not hard to fix. But you're not going to get a lot of help from their customer support. We have used it to provide protection among a large volume of machines and none of them have had issues with viruses while using this product.

Avantages

This product was easy to implement throughout our company and has been working great since implementation. It send us alerts when certain events are triggered such as a user visiting a malicious site. It does a good job of keeping itself up to date and has a nice console for administrators to use and get a top-down view on how the endpoints are doing.

Inconvénients

We have run into issues with getting licenses renewed to the point where they have expired, potentially leaving a few systems vulnerable. Customer support takes a very long time to reach and after I did reach them, they provided me with incorrect information that did not help resolve my issue. I only gave them 2 stars as opposed to 1 star because at least the customer support exists, even if it isn't the best.

Sudhir
  • Secteur d'activité : Services financiers

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

An end to end security system

Publié le 14/02/2023

Symantec endpoint security provides a comprehensive control over your applications and systems. It acts as a final layer of control which prevents your systems from cyber attacks and helps you keep your sensitive data protected. It not only detects threats on a real time basis but also provides a preventative control around the issues.

Avantages

Symantec endpoint security like the name suggests is the final layer of security which secures our applications and business systems. My personal best feature is it's two factor authentication which secures my access on cloud with an approval from my registered mobile device. So, even if someone tries to break into my cloud server, it will not be possible for them to access because of this two factor authentication.

Inconvénients

One of the areas where I personally struggled is setting it up in my mobile for the first time. I had to literally reach out to my IT desk and have them fixed before I could start using the tool in my cell phone.

Anthony
Anthony
  • Secteur d'activité : Biens de consommation
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 501–1 000 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Robust and advanced endpoint protection

Publié le 28/08/2022

Symantec Endpoint Security is a powerful endpoint protection platform that offers optimal features to ensure a high level of protection and a productive workspace.

Avantages

It has the ability to protect different endpoints such as laptops, desktops and cell phones, used by employees in the office or remotely. It has proven very effective in stopping advanced attacks. Its intelligence network model has the effectiveness to neutralize and prevent attacks before they start. Online support responds in a timely manner.

Inconvénients

This is a very advanced platform in detecting attacks, but it consumes a lot of computing resources.

Josiah
  • Secteur d'activité : Verre, céramique et béton

Sometimes makes sense

Publié le 15/01/2020

Look into whether or not your internet service provider offers this antivirus for free, if so, then it is completely worth it.

Avantages

This software is often offered free when signed up with some internet services. When the software is free then it is my preferred antivirus. It has regular updates and keeps computers safe.

Inconvénients

Most antiviruses are the same nowadays. I haven't had any issues with this antivirus blocking important programs otherwise causing more issues.

Jessica
Jessica
  • Secteur d'activité : Gestion de l'enseignement

Great product for Windows Server based networks

Publié le 30/04/2018

This software keeps my network running CLEAN!
It also allows me to have a one stop shop, so to...

This software keeps my network running CLEAN!
It also allows me to have a one stop shop, so to speak, to view all activities pertaining to my machines and network being in tip top performing shape!

Avantages

Able to build both x32 and x64 install packages and push directly from the management console.
The management console allows the administrator to do basically everything remotely. Such as:
Scan machines, Schedule scans for future, push live updates, view quarantines, see last system scan, see if a scan was cancelled, and much more.
Also able to run reports containing which machines are in red (haven't had an active scan in x amount of time), which machines are clean, etc.

Inconvénients

The administrator must have extensive knowledge of their network and the different locations.
End-users can cause the system to send A LOT of alerts to the admin due to canceling startup scans or trying to disable the software.

Alisha
Alisha
  • Secteur d'activité : Pétrole et énergies

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

It allows us to protect all our endpoint devices.

Publié le 10/06/2020

Symantec is deployed throughout our company, it allows us to protect all our endpoint devices by preventing infections from Trojans, ramsonware and malware, it is very effective and allows us to maintain strict control of how the devices are used through a control panel and a security administrator who decides which devices can enter the network that devices do not, this includes USB sticks and any other type of external device.

Avantages

It seems to me that it is a very effective software in what our company needs, we have to take care of data and infrastructure that is expensive, it helps to keep all the systems clean and have a control of compliance with computer security policies, it is easy to use and allows to schedule scans so as not to interfere with regular work.

Inconvénients

I have no complaints, we have used this antivirus for years and are very satisfied with its performance.

Jorge
  • Secteur d'activité : Automobile
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus d'un an

Symantec Endpoint

Publié le 31/01/2020

i do like the software but it is very complex to configure especially the firewall, it not as cheap as other that offers the same thing

Avantages

one of the pioners on the market, very good software it has a lot of features, one of the most complete solutions for protecting your computer / data

Inconvénients

the firewall it is not easy to configure, it practically block everything on your network / computer, it took a long time to setup correctly

Alternatives envisagées

Intercept X Endpoint

Logiciel antérieur

Intercept X Endpoint
  • Secteur d'activité : Design
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 10 000+ employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

A security shields for stop the attacks of virus.

Publié le 14/04/2019

Symantec security is an well design tool to protect our devices from powerful threats which could be so harmful for our important data. Symantec works smoothly and enable us to surf safely on internet . A good option for me to keep my all devices safe from risky threats.

Avantages

Symantec is a security platform for us and as well as for our clients and it provide us basic security features. We can easily manage and protect our several devices from tricky virus and only one agent can control all devices. Symantec Endpoint Protection can automatically detect the upcoming virus or threats in our system. We can also scan our emails as well as our other useful files. Symantec antivirus is very useful for our several devices and also compatible with all kind of latest devices.

Inconvénients

Symantec is good security option for our plenty of devices but also have some issues to work with this tool. when we start to deep system scan it takes approximately up to an hour to complete which is not so good for our business work. This antivirus contains a lot of memory in our system and slow down our system for other applications. Install easily but tedious to remove from system.

Mark
  • Secteur d'activité : Internet

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 1.0 /10

Brand Recognition

Publié le 11/04/2023

Overall the experience is fine. You may have to manually clean things up that other products handle better but it's still an acceptable product.

Avantages

Symantec offers a good deployment experience and is fairly easy to manage. It's a decent product overall.

Inconvénients

Symantec products don't always offer great protection. At times they have actually caused issues in an enterprise environment through their own update mechanisms. If you switch products it can be painful to remove and sometimes leave computers unoperational.

Matt

Quiet Endpoint Protection Software

Publié le 16/07/2018

Avantages

I like that the software has a small footprint and runs quietly. I don't like when antivirus software talks to me or bugs me every five minutes with popups. Endpoint Security runs silently in the background, sends notifications when they're needed, and doesn't otherwise bother me. I might even forget it was there.
The interface is very minimal, not overloading you with lots of big buttons to click on.

Inconvénients

I don't have much in the way of complaints right now, but I will say that while I like the simple interface, I do find that sometimes I would like to have a little more control from the user side, or at least the option to view it while sitting at a users desk.

Zuhairah
Zuhairah
  • Secteur d'activité : Internet

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Reliable in protecting my digital information and asset

Publié le 09/07/2021

Avantages

Symantec Endpoint Security is a set and forget type of software that i only need to setting it for the first time, and then it will running everything automatically. Sometime, they will sending notification is any threat are found, and i only need to choose either to delete the files or quarantine it.

Inconvénients

I have try to export the software licenses from my old computer to the new computer, the process is quite frustrating as there is no clear instruction on how to do it. I had to find information from forums and contacting the customer support for this purpose. It should be simple enough and only need a few keystroke to complete it.

• Secteur d'activité : Banque

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

One of the best practices among traditional antiviruses.

Publié le 19/05/2019

The product offers improved user interface and successful system performance, especially in terms of simple operation. Enterprise is one of the most preferred antivirus applications in terms of compatibility for environments. The product is particularly successful in segmentation. It offers other detailed features such as the ability to capture inventory information from end users.

Avantages

Not putting too much load on system performance, not consuming too much system resources, simple operation interface and maximum compatibility for enterprise environments.

Inconvénients

It could be reduced from your chances of protecting end users against advanced threats only with this application. Another complementary product is needed in terms of protection.