Avis clients sur Symantec Endpoint Security

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

547 avis

Fernando
Fernando
  • Secteur d'activité : Logiciels

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Traditional and trustful solution for corporative environments

Publié le 14/09/2018

It is my job partner, it protects me along my day without being disturbing. Rarely I see an advice for it or need to take a manual action, and it stills there, doing its good job. I recommend it, for sure!

Avantages

In our company we use it for all the employees. Our IT department has full control over adjustments of all the installations. Employees don't need to worry about scheduled scannings, updatings, fine tunning or anything else. Its pre installed on all the machines and is there to protect, not to disturb. Its awesome!

Inconvénients

What can be a pro in one hand, can also be a con in the other hand. The way it works on client machines, by being configured by IT department and not locally may cause some troubles. You just can't set an action different than quarantine a suspect object. But we all know that sometimes it can be a bad judgment from the antivirus side, like a driver for Android that I needed to install and it was classified as unknown source and therefore didn't allowed me to proceed with installation. At least an option to ignore the object could be better.

Brett
Brett
  • Secteur d'activité : Design

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

LONG TIME Symantec user, and still on board.

Publié le 02/08/2018

Symantec has protected my customers for many years, and I use it in our company also. We've never experience a threat that wasn't, or couldn't be, isolated and removed or quarantined. It's been a very cost effective solution for our company paired with our hardware firewall.

Avantages

It's very easy to install and administer, as either a stand alone endpoint installation or a managed client endpoint. Updates are automatic and the built in firewall is very effective. I've been using Symantec products since we replaced McCrappy throughout our entire organization (enterprise class healthcare organization with multiple hospitals and ambulatory care sites) and have rarely had anything get past it. Given the state of Ransomewear today however, I highly recommend connecting your endpoint AV to a cloud database for realtime and zero day scanning and remediation. Symantec one of the oldest players in the channel and still one of the best.

Inconvénients

The one problem I've experienced using Symantec Endpoint Protection over the years is that from time to time (rarely and generally localized to a workstation) the local database gets corrupted somehow and a number of steps need to be followed to repair the software and get updates flowing again. Simply uninstalling and reinstalling does not do that trick. Past that, it's always been a great asset.

Jeff
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 2–10 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

Good virus protection but needs improvement in performance and malware protection

Publié le 21/03/2020

Classic and well working anti virus program with easy to deploy in business environment but still lacks protection again malwares and spywares. Performance enhancement may be needed to keep current clients and attract new users.

Avantages

Well structured system including server side manager and workstation client deployment
Endpoint manager allows policy management in multiple areas including virus protection, firewall, exception and other areas. Client deployment has multiple options for server and clients as well as remote push or standalone packages.

Inconvénients

Performance degradation is prominent when working with file based database engines like Visual Fox Pro . And protection against malwares and spywares are very limited at best. Compatibility with major programs are also concern. Latest version of endpoint client caused Chrome browser failure. Removal was required to make Chrome work again.

Webroot Business Endpoint Protection
Brandon
  • Secteur d'activité : Services financiers

Robust and Reliable Protection

Publié le 18/09/2023

Symantec Endpoint Security is a powerful and versatile solution for endpoint protection. Its robust threat defense and network visibility make it an excellent choice.

Avantages

I like its robust threat protection, which includes defenses against malware, ransomware and zero-day attacks. I also appreciate Symantec's ability to provide protection for both on-premises and cloud systems, which gives us the flexibility we need. The EDR feature provides complete visibility and in-depth analysis of threats. Finally, the centralized management is very convenient, allowing us to control and monitor all endpoints on our network from one place.

Inconvénients

Despite its strengths, Symantec Endpoint Security can be a bit complex to set up initially.

Haythum
  • Secteur d'activité : Réseaux informatiques

Symantec Endpoint Security review

Publié le 30/07/2023

Symantec Endpoint Security offers comprehensive protection

Symantec Endpoint Security offers comprehensive protection

Avantages

Symantec Endpoint Security includes advanced threat detection , integrated with Other Products , perfect in Support and frequent updates.

Inconvénients

Setup process Symantec Endpoint Security can be complex it requires technical expertise and can be time-consuming , consumes system resources compared to other software options.

Jose
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 3.0 /10

Heavy and bloated

Publié le 02/12/2022

Not good experience using Symantec, I would prefer a lighter solution.

Not good experience using Symantec, I would prefer a lighter solution.

Avantages

I liked that the updates are very fast and the UI is nice. The firewall is quite agressive

Inconvénients

I did not liked the program is heavy on computer resources, if you don't have a powerful computer it will slow you down.

Finan

Amazing Computer Security Features

Publié le 29/01/2024

Avantages

With this tool, we have the best computer security solution and we protect our systems from data breach thanks to data security features. It also serves as an anti virus and comes with data encryption features too.

Inconvénients

With Symantec Endpoint Security, I have no complaints. It serves us well.

Fatura
  • Secteur d'activité : Produits alimentaires

Best Solution For Endpoint Protection and Management

Publié le 10/01/2024

Avantages

I like the computer and cloud security features
The software comes with amazing encryption features
It keeps all our systems safe and secure.

Inconvénients

With this product, I have experienced zero challenges

Boniface
  • Secteur d'activité : Rédaction et correction

A Thorough Endpoint Security Solution For Business

Publié le 26/10/2023

Well, we have used Symantec Endpoint Security successfully to secure our computers against online threats. It is also a great software for encryption

Avantages

I like the computer security featuresI like the threat auditing and reporting capabilitiesIt comes with some great endpoint management features as well well as cloud security features

Inconvénients

With Symantec Endpoint Security, there hasn't been major challenges as it works as it should. However, updates takes time to be available for downloads

• Secteur d'activité : Production audiovisuelle

Saver and esier

Publié le 28/11/2023

Great software with easy manage and the prize the more friendly

Great software with easy manage and the prize the more friendly

Avantages

The most i like from Symantec Endpoint Security is esier to manage and low memory usage

Inconvénients

What i least like is when we want to buy the license, we must buy minimal 10 license

Symantec Endpoint Protections - guards critical data safely

Publié le 17/04/2019

We are working in a health care sector which resides lot of critical and personal data. Data security is our main concern, Symantec endpoint protection provides us with the end to end security of files and customer data. it is installed in all the employees laptop and installation an configuration is easy, Automatic updates makes life simpler. The end user doesn't have impact on the scans being run on the system, occasional rebooting of system is required when any updated are done to the system. Overall a very good antivirus and Malware detection and kill software used in most of the high level corporate companies.

Avantages

1. Compatible with all versions of Windows and Mac OS.
2. We use the cloud version of the software,Email notifications and logs about malware and virus detection are cool features.
3. Updates are automatic, we used to do it manually .
4. Build in firewall function is very effective as we get data from many sources.
5. Scans are even done on the applications being downloaded from web which ensures 100% safety.
6. Easy to scale up ad down based on the number of devices.
7. Proactive threat protection option is very useful.
8. The weekly and monthly scan reports can be scheduled and automated and the logs are very descriptive.
9. The interaction with the end user is very minimal and doesn't create any pop ups unnecessarily.

Inconvénients

1. Annual renewal fee is little higher compared to other vendors.
2. Around 30 to 40% of the CPU resources are consumed during the scan process.
3.The laptop becomes slow while accessing files and data.

Wakkas
  • Secteur d'activité : Services d'information
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 5 001–10 000 employés

Symantec Antivirus for End Users

Publié le 01/02/2023

It was great to working on Symantec Antivirus.

It was great to working on Symantec Antivirus.

Avantages

Its easy to operate and We can handle it without much training.

Inconvénients

Technical Support is taking long time to resolve the issue.

Matthew

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Protection from all cyber swashbucklers is ensured

Publié le 05/10/2023

Taking action in an environment where there are latent dangers of viruses every day, we have implemented Symantec, which gives us a fantastic, practical and efficient way of keeping things in order. Modulation and maximum security of networks, files and projects have been ensured due to this tool. It protects hardware and software, making it an excellent choice for maximum performance.

Avantages

Symantec performs well enough to qualify it as excellent software, so I'm happy to report that it's great for everyday use and facilitates fast performance and deployment. I like it because all my network and files are secure. It has met our expectations and provides unique implementation and deployment. Ensuring the security of our network is crucial, and I'm glad that Webroot helps me keep them safe.

Inconvénients

To perform a single action, I have to navigate through multiple subsets, which could be more efficient.

Jesse

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

Works great, but support can be lacking.

Publié le 12/12/2019

When it works, it works great. When it doesn't work, it's usually not hard to fix. But you're not going to get a lot of help from their customer support. We have used it to provide protection among a large volume of machines and none of them have had issues with viruses while using this product.

Avantages

This product was easy to implement throughout our company and has been working great since implementation. It send us alerts when certain events are triggered such as a user visiting a malicious site. It does a good job of keeping itself up to date and has a nice console for administrators to use and get a top-down view on how the endpoints are doing.

Inconvénients

We have run into issues with getting licenses renewed to the point where they have expired, potentially leaving a few systems vulnerable. Customer support takes a very long time to reach and after I did reach them, they provided me with incorrect information that did not help resolve my issue. I only gave them 2 stars as opposed to 1 star because at least the customer support exists, even if it isn't the best.

Sudhir
  • Secteur d'activité : Services financiers

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

An end to end security system

Publié le 14/02/2023

Symantec endpoint security provides a comprehensive control over your applications and systems. It acts as a final layer of control which prevents your systems from cyber attacks and helps you keep your sensitive data protected. It not only detects threats on a real time basis but also provides a preventative control around the issues.

Avantages

Symantec endpoint security like the name suggests is the final layer of security which secures our applications and business systems. My personal best feature is it's two factor authentication which secures my access on cloud with an approval from my registered mobile device. So, even if someone tries to break into my cloud server, it will not be possible for them to access because of this two factor authentication.

Inconvénients

One of the areas where I personally struggled is setting it up in my mobile for the first time. I had to literally reach out to my IT desk and have them fixed before I could start using the tool in my cell phone.

Anthony
Anthony
  • Secteur d'activité : Biens de consommation
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 501–1 000 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Robust and advanced endpoint protection

Publié le 28/08/2022

Symantec Endpoint Security is a powerful endpoint protection platform that offers optimal features to ensure a high level of protection and a productive workspace.

Avantages

It has the ability to protect different endpoints such as laptops, desktops and cell phones, used by employees in the office or remotely. It has proven very effective in stopping advanced attacks. Its intelligence network model has the effectiveness to neutralize and prevent attacks before they start. Online support responds in a timely manner.

Inconvénients

This is a very advanced platform in detecting attacks, but it consumes a lot of computing resources.

Lana
  • Secteur d'activité : Transport routier/ferroviaire

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 2.0 /10

Gone Downhill

Publié le 15/11/2023

Once purchased by Broadcom, everything went south. I used Symantec Endpoint Security prior to Broadcom and was able to understand it and get done what I needed to using their interface. Once Broadcom took over I couldn't even log in to my portal. Then I found out that it wasn't even activated on our server or other computers. Their customer service made me wait on hold no less than one hour each and every time I called. Then once I got through they would send me to several different people and I never really got any issues resolved.

Avantages

I never liked Symantec once it was purchased by Broadcom. Once that happened, everything changed and time after time I was unable to login to my account. Support was the worst. Nothing was clear at all.

Inconvénients

Broadcom did not care about end users of small businesses.

Dustin
Dustin
  • Secteur d'activité : Recherche

Please with Symantec Endpoint Protection

Publié le 19/01/2018

Great product. Easy to implement, use and manage. Easy to scale down or up depending on how many devices you have.

Avantages

My organization has been using Symantec Endpoint Protection for over 5 years. This software is easy to use and distribute. The centralized admin interface makes it easy to add new devices and see an overall security overview of my organization's assets. The custom policies allow for me to make modifications on specific machines and not effect all the others. I do this to allow exceptions on several of our machines that need it in order to perform their function.

Inconvénients

It isn't easy to temporarily disable for troubleshooting purposes. I need to temporarily disable Symantec so I could download a piece of software it was conflicting with. Had to look up how to do this and it was a multi step process. On the bright side the documentation of how to do it was easy to find and go through.

Alisha
Alisha
  • Secteur d'activité : Pétrole et énergies

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

It allows us to protect all our endpoint devices.

Publié le 10/06/2020

Symantec is deployed throughout our company, it allows us to protect all our endpoint devices by preventing infections from Trojans, ramsonware and malware, it is very effective and allows us to maintain strict control of how the devices are used through a control panel and a security administrator who decides which devices can enter the network that devices do not, this includes USB sticks and any other type of external device.

Avantages

It seems to me that it is a very effective software in what our company needs, we have to take care of data and infrastructure that is expensive, it helps to keep all the systems clean and have a control of compliance with computer security policies, it is easy to use and allows to schedule scans so as not to interfere with regular work.

Inconvénients

I have no complaints, we have used this antivirus for years and are very satisfied with its performance.

Jorge
  • Secteur d'activité : Automobile
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus d'un an

Symantec Endpoint

Publié le 31/01/2020

i do like the software but it is very complex to configure especially the firewall, it not as cheap as other that offers the same thing

Avantages

one of the pioners on the market, very good software it has a lot of features, one of the most complete solutions for protecting your computer / data

Inconvénients

the firewall it is not easy to configure, it practically block everything on your network / computer, it took a long time to setup correctly

Intercept X Endpoint

Logiciel antérieur

Intercept X Endpoint
Mohit
  • Secteur d'activité : Agriculture
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 1 001–5 000 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

All purpose security product for PCs

Publié le 21/08/2018

Overall Symantec Endpoint Protection is very good product and its cost effective.

Avantages

Symantec Endpoint Protection is one point solution for providing security from Malware, Viruses, Network Intrusions and most important for IT hardware (Including Computers and Server), it prevents ransomware attacks. firewall is sturdy and really easy to manage, Central console for managing systems and updates and most important it is not taxing on Computer resources. We are using to manage handful of Computers really effectively.

Inconvénients

From view of protecting clients there are absolutely no issues/cons. Only thing plague this software which i feel is up-gradation process i.e. from lower to higher version, there are strict protocols to be followed for successful implementation (Updates).

Joey
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 501–1 000 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Symantec is here to stay and a game changer

Publié le 15/10/2018

We've been using Symantec since it was still called Symantec Anti-Virus and it has come a long way since. However, like any sound strategy, one should never rely solely on one product for protection. It should always be supplemented with an end-point gateway protection AND education of the weakest link: The human firewall.

Avantages

The product is much lighter on resources. It is accurate and very rarely has false-positives. It is easy to configure and automatically updates itself in random intervals.

Inconvénients

Symantec End Point Protection can border on the paranoid. Every time an aspect is updated (whether an executable or otherwise), Symantec always prompts you if "you want <the Product> to access the network?" If you answer NO accidentally, then critical systems could be affected.in random intervals further freeing up resources.

Mohammed
  • Secteur d'activité : Équipements publics

Symantec Endpoint protection review

Publié le 28/08/2019

Overall it is good, but needs more improvement to protect all 365 degree for the endpoints.

Easy and simply to use,
protect from most of the viruses,
updates daily schedule patches antivirus signatures
we have been using it since last 1.5 years

Inconvénients

i would require separate antimalware software long side symantec.
to protect my end users form malwares. because it was not protecting against most of the dangerous malware.

Malwarebytes for Business
ILKER
  • Secteur d'activité : Automobile

1ST BRAND OF COMPUTER PROTECTION

Publié le 13/06/2019

it is very good and detect every virus or threats ,it does not request too much update, we had some difficulties with the previous one and it has been requesting too much update and it is boring if you have urgent something to do. Getting Update is important for virus protection programs because hackers produce viruses continously

Avantages

The updates comes frequently so the Symantec protection is keeping the latest and updated version of virus so I feel more comfortable when I enter untrusted web sites.

Inconvénients

The program makes my computer a little bit slower ,this is the worst thing for symantec endpoint protection because I could compare the with installed symantec and without installation.I felt the computer is a little bit faster without symantec

• Secteur d'activité : Banque
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 5 001–10 000 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

One of the best practices among traditional antiviruses.

Publié le 19/05/2019

The product offers improved user interface and successful system performance, especially in terms of simple operation. Enterprise is one of the most preferred antivirus applications in terms of compatibility for environments. The product is particularly successful in segmentation. It offers other detailed features such as the ability to capture inventory information from end users.

Avantages

Not putting too much load on system performance, not consuming too much system resources, simple operation interface and maximum compatibility for enterprise environments.

Inconvénients

It could be reduced from your chances of protecting end users against advanced threats only with this application. Another complementary product is needed in terms of protection.