Avis sur Yellowfin

Yellowfin

Business Intelligence reporting and dashboard platform

4.5/5 (12 avis)

Yellowfin was not as flexible or as robust as other options.

Publié le 06.09.2016

Avantages

The simplicity of the interface was a plus, but unfortunately that simplicity went through to the backend. It didn't have the robust features and support that Salesforce did, and I feel it didn't manage multiple data sources as well as DOMO did. I feel that if you want to completely control your reports and have a BI dedicated team build reports where no one else can, it might be a solution for you.

Inconvénients

Anytime I needed a report, I ran into issues with this software. We used yellowfin for a period of months, having switched from Salesforce. I found the reports were difficult to produce, and the data management was okay at best. We later switched to DOMO which was a breath of fresh air, as far as it comes to ease of use and data management.

3.0/10

Yellowfin continues to Delight

Publié le 10.10.2016
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

We are a small company bringing data visualization to a market that is data rich, yet unsavvy about the insights it can offer. After much research and trial, we landed on Yellowfin two years ago as the best choice for us. There is not a problem or situation we have run into yet that Yellowfin could not address; especially with the assistance of the US based support team. Yellowfin worked with us closely to understand our business and fashioned an arrangement that met our needs nicely. We introduced Yellowfin to our development partner and after the proof of concept work they raved it was easier to use and integrated more effectively than other BI tools they work with, which include the other leaders in the industry. We recommend it regularly to others.

Avantages

Ease of use, with compromising functionality, for administrator as well as users. For us, strong security and multitenancy is important.
Data visualization option variety and capabilities. We use the alerts, multiple drilling options, raster mapping, heat map as well as normal visuals.
Collaboration and connection features as we are creating a learning environment for our constituents.
Customization options within the back end as well as embedding front end.
Web based and mobile platforms.
Story telling capability.
Efficiently and effectively handle 1000's of users.

Inconvénients

For us, none yet. As our data warehouse grows, we may add another tool for very heavy data mining.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

We attempted to use Yellowfin as a Dashboard backbone software. The system is great but limited.

Publié le 08.12.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We did not end up implementing this live for our clients but it was a nice software and if our client base was smaller or our software data scheme less complex we would have used this. There was not anything wrong really just was not the correct software for our company.

Avantages

I like the user friendly layout, how writing your own "queries" and updating the data the way you want is easy. I like that it is easy to connect to a DB using ODBC or other options (I did not explore all of these). I liked the way the screen displayed and I liked the way that customer service responded well when I had questions. There was a decent amount of documentation and videos available online. The ability to customize colors is decent as well as adding titles and everything to the pages.

Inconvénients

I did not like how customizing colors was writing code or specific selects, I did not like how you could not easily create "custom fields" or formulas. The system was a little slower than I would have liked but I believe it is mostly due to how the data was being extracted. The system was pretty user friendly but had issues with displaying our data set and pulling data from our system easily.

7.0/10

Yellowfin - great to work with !!

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 01.03.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Having more than 40 of our customers using Yellowifn, mostly embedded we have had great feedback from these customers and a great working relationship with Yellowfin

Avantages

Easy to use, many data sources and connectors with pre-build resorts/dashboards. Low cost of ownership.

Inconvénients

Had some release issues and bugs in earlier releases.

Happy with Yellowfin

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 1 à 5 mois
Publié le 04.10.2016
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

I have been using Yellowfin for our customers to use on our cloud project management platform (PieMatrix). I spent a good deal of time looking at other BI options. The reason I chose Yellowfin was 1) their user interface and customer end experience is very clean and modern, which reflects well with our PieMatrix "Pie" project tool, 2) the Yellowfin price value was much higher than any other BI tool I reviewed, and 3) they were the best choice for managing end-customer users who have different data sources in a multi-tenant environment. I would also like to share that our experience with their current sales and customer team has been great. They have bent over backwards to help me get the best plan for our customer base. And most importantly, our customers using our Yellowfin integration have been very happy with the report output.

- Clean user interface
- Easier to use than other tools
- Supportive Yellowfin team
- Great multi-tenancy structure for auto propagating new reports across different data source Yellowfin users

Inconvénients

- It took us a while to install and get the system working, but once it got set up properly, everything has been smooth.
- Yellowfin doesn't have a cloud offering. Their product needs to be installed.

YellowFin Review

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 19.03.2018

Avantages

This is what makes Yellowfin great: - Collaboration - Data Preparation - Easy of Use - Data Governance - Beautiful Dashboards

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Cost effective tool for graphical analytics

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 09.07.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Dashboard/reports and analytics on a variety of metrics that we're tracking firm-wide or at our clients.

Avantages

Easy to setup (<4 hours), very cost effective for multiple users, easy to connect to any database, great online training and tools to get up to speed, and easy to create reports/tabs/dashboards.

Inconvénients

No issues that we've experienced. Customer service was responsive and we could connect with the one problematic database (on a legacy AS/400)

Great functionality

Publié le 07.10.2016
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

Overall, we've had a great experience with Yellowfin. Setup was easy and we were getting insightful analysis very quickly after adopting. We found the communication and ability to share comments, dashboards, reports very useful. That functionality really helped our distributed team make forward progress within our data sets. It's been a great experience and has been a tool helping drive our business.

Avantages

Ease of use, customer support has been great, cost is exceptional value for money.

Powerful Business Intelligence

Publié le 09.02.2017
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

We use Yellowfin to build student performance management dashboards for school districts. Yellowfin has excellent report development tools and some powerful features (like predictive analytics!) that help us turn raw student data into actionable information for educators and administrators.

Ease of development
Social Networking features

Probabilité de recommander le produit

I have been using Yellowfin for a few months now and must admit, it is an incredible BI platform.

Publié le 21.05.2017

Avantages

Herewith my list of what makes Yellowfin great:
- Collaboration
- Data Preparation
- Easy of Use
- Data Governance
- Beautiful Dashboards

Review of Yellowfin Business Intelligence

Publié le 06.01.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

It is a great software providing tools to build the next generation advanced reports and dashboards.

Web based best Alalytics tool

Publié le 18.07.2015
Provenance de l'avis

Fast web based analytics tool.
Can perform reporting on any thing with less amount of technical klnowledge

the customer support .
Performance

Inconvénients

ETL while loading the data is very basic