Float

4,5 (1 369)
L'application de planification des ressources pour les agences, studios et entreprises.

(1 369)
Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

1369 avis

Thibaud

Bon logiciel de planning

Publié le 30/07/2020

Avantages

Le logiciel me permet de connaître mon planning pour la journée et les semaines à venir. Il est intuitif et facile à lire.

Inconvénients

Le logiciel pourrait préciser les tâches qui sont partagées avec d'autres personnes.

Brittany
  • Secteur d'activité : Produits alimentaires
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 10 000+ employés

Life saver

Publié le 02/11/2022

Avantages

Float has saved my life a time or two! Either by reminding me about an upcoming appointment I'd forgotten or even by lending me a few bucks for gas to get me through till pay day! Thanks Float!

Inconvénients

Not a thing to complain about here THANK YOU FLOAT!

Jack
  • Secteur d'activité : Services financiers
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant Essai gratuit

impressive tool

Publié le 21/09/2022

the software has had a very positive impact especially on the typical issues that arise from working-at-home

Avantages

Software is brilliant at indicating future capacity and workload so potential issues are visible before they arise and can be neutralised. Changes are very easy to make. Minimal time requried to learn software and adjust to differences between other tools.

Inconvénients

Multiple formats for tasks were initially confusing but easily resolved., No other major negatives

Laura
  • Secteur d'activité : Production audiovisuelle

Great value. Lots of potential

Publié le 05/09/2019

I've been using CETA scheduling software for the last 4 years in big VFX companies and I must say that Float is not there yet but is actually getting broadly comparable. In the last 4 months that I introduced it into my new team it's proved to be quite useful to keep track of the progression of our projects. During these months I've seen that it has already improved in many areas that I'm excited to see what comes next.
I can see it can become a really powerful software.

Avantages

There aren't may softwares that let you schedule a team in such an easy and organised way.
I think most softwares nowadays are too complex and make you spend more time organising tasks than actually working on them.
Float is so clear and simple you can actually use it to manage big projects without spending too much time on it.

Inconvénients

It's getting better, but it would be very useful if we could:

- Right click on a pencil and be able to copy it over into a different person.
- Book more than one person on the same project (for example if two workers are on the same project because one of them is doing a training but you don't want to charge twice for that time).
- Lately when I try to schedule more than 1 project in one day on the same person I get a message saying I can't schedule anyone for more than 24 hours) even if I'm not exceeding the 8 normal working hours. It'd be great if that could be fixed.
- It'd be good if milestones were more visible.
- I think reports should be a bit less complicated and more visual.
- It'd be really helpful if you could group projects up in folders when you go to the Projects tab as at the moment we have like... 45 different projects going on and although we color code them it's difficult to organise all of them.
-I'd like to have more than only three types of view when looking at our schedules a part from 'Days, 'Weeks' and 'Months'.
It'd be great if you could 'Archive' users as well as projects. So when a worker it's not working at the company anymore and you don't want to pay for it on Float you can kind of 'Archive' him (so you are not able to book him on anything but still you can see him on the boards so you don't loose what it's been scheduled on him.)

ShotGrid, monday.com et Asana

Pourquoi choisir Float

Monday has too many tools that you don't really get to use when scheduling. It also doesn't have an overview of projects as clear as the one Float has.

monday.com

Pourquoi passer à Float

Its the closes to CETA software that we could find. It's good value for the price it offers and it's very intuitive and flexible.
Tshegofatso

Great platform to use

Publié le 13/08/2022

Float helps with time management and team working prior to communications.

Avantages

It is the simplest to use, extremely well organised and allows for really effective time management between the creative, editorial and customer service teams.

Inconvénients

At times, it tends to take too long to find available tasks.

awez
  • Secteur d'activité : Recrutement

Really wonderful

Publié le 24/09/2022

Extraordinary

Avantages

It helps me in planing and scheduling the projects

Inconvénients

No I love it's every feature it's very cool

Utilisateur vérifié

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Great for a high level, resource management tool.

Publié le 02/09/2020

Avantages

Its a user friendly tool that makes resource management and managing a team of 40 with varying skillsets, availability, and calendars feasible.

Inconvénients

It is not customizable, few api integrations that have worked, no development hope even when communicating with brand reps. You almost are forced to use it as is, off the shelf, or not at all.

Microsoft Teams, monday.com, Adobe Workfront et Microsoft Excel

Pourquoi passer à Float

Cheaper, visually appealing, you can stack by department, skill set, tag, etc. in ways other tools cannot.
Esmeralda Mónica
  • Secteur d'activité : Appareils médicaux
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 201-500 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Float: Contar las horas de las tareas

Publié le 05/11/2022

Avantages

Es una herramienta que facilita el conteo de horas

Inconvénients

No tiene mucha ayuda hacia el trabajador mas beneficios al jefe

Tina
  • Secteur d'activité : Art/artisanat
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur

Love it

Publié le 05/11/2022

Avantages

I love everything about this software! It makes project management sooo easy! I love that you can see a live you of your schedule with different sorting options.

Inconvénients

There isn't anything I dislike about this software.

Abdulrazaq
  • Secteur d'activité : Médias en ligne

My experience

Publié le 28/10/2022

Avantages

Scheduling alongside task management feature.

Inconvénients

too price, but I would still recommend over and over again

Lacey
  • Secteur d'activité : Loisirs, voyage et tourisme
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant Essai gratuit

It'll float you boat!

Publié le 20/10/2022

Avantages

I love the simplicity of the user interface and the clear view it gives you of work accomplished and that needs to be completed still.

Inconvénients

I only struggled when it come to getting my team together in the system.

Roger

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Development company taking next steps in project management

Publié le 14/08/2020

A very positive experience allowing the company I work for to get better more accurate project plans and financial reports.

Avantages

The ease of use as a one stop shop, browser based to allow all the development team (and subsiduary but linked teams) to see important dates like dev complete, bug fix windows, cert windows and release dates.

The ability to quickly block out time for features and projects.
The ability to add notes and details to tasks.
Fully fleshed out holiday and time off structure.
Robust financial reports possible with very high degree of accuracy for budget per project, per quarter, per annum.

We used to get by with using Excel, we invested in Float and it has taken the companies' project planning to the next step. I would recommend Float for small to mid sized companies definitely, it is a great product boost and good way of reporting and seeing issues early.

Inconvénients

it does not allow you to easily move a bunch of small tasks along in the timeline, that's my only main gripe, you can't band box select you have to shift select. Everything else is intuitive and easy.

monday.com

Pourquoi choisir Float

Excel was clunky and out schedule was increasing in ambition and scope.

Microsoft Excel

Pourquoi passer à Float

the website and videos showing features were clear and clean and one of my peers had previous experience and good reviews of the product and we were given a gratis time period to try things out, this helped us alot in making sure Float was the product for us.
Merle
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Integral part of our internal production process

Publié le 13/08/2020

Float has honestly been a game changer for our studio and as a result, the wider business. The minute we first started using the platform, it transformed the way we visualise our busy schedules and communicated with the wider teams about our availability and timelines. It's made our lives easier and simplified the overall production process - taking a lot of guesswork and confusion out of the equation.

Avantages

The simplicity and immediacy of the timeline interface is massively important for digesting and understanding an often hectic and clogged schedule. Customisation of clients, projects and tasks means that we can see, at a glance, exactly what clients and projects we are working with - it takes a lot of the project management stress out of the process for teams like mine, who need to focus on their own tasks at hand.

Inconvénients

I think there could be more options to input information within the tasks in a schedule - although there is a notes section, it would be great to see more integration with other platforms like the Google suite (Drive, slides, docs) that could streamline our process even more.

Slack, monday.com et Asana

Cost, ease, user experience
Nathalye
  • Secteur d'activité : Design

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Great tool for visibility of projects

Publié le 17/08/2020

Overall my experience as an active user of Float has been great, it is very simple to use, and allows management to keep projects organized.

Avantages

The bird's eye feature is a must, it allows for full visibility of the whole team, or segments of it, and allows managers to keep track of current, past, and upcoming projects.

Inconvénients

Time report integration, we use Harvest and we have to use a different partner for this.

Trello

Brid's eye view feature

Favro

Hi Nathalye,

Thanks so much for your review! We don't currently have any direct integrations with other time tracking tools. We do have time tracking available as an additional feature though on Float that pre-fills your team's timesheets based on their work schedule. https://www.float.com/how-it-works/time-tracking

You're welcome to try this add-on free for 30 days. An Account Owner can activate this from the Team Settings page inside Float.

If you need any help or have further questions, please feel free to email us at support@float.com.

Thanks again for the review!

Cheers,
Siobhan

Brad

Float review for Audio Visual Studio

Publié le 17/01/2019

With using Float we have been able to have one central, accessible platform for the team to schedule tasks and projects and to assign them to the relevant individuals, sometimes weeks ahead of the deadlines. This has improved the teams overall planning of jobs and has allowed us to see what we can take on, what we need to reschedule and at times when we have to call in additional help to meet the deadlines. Float is quite easy to use and is improving all the time with new features. For us as an audio and design studio it has become an essential tool in our day to day operations that has benefited our overall productivity.

Avantages

As a busy audio and visuals studio the biggest advantage we have seen with using Float is the scheduling feature. This allows us to schedule when projects and tasks need to take place, and who is working on and responsible for each project and task. As we have a number of people on our team and often numerous projects on the go at one time, Float has allowed us to better coordinate everything and has become vital in ensuring that projects and tasks are completed on time by each individual team member. As a team we can view the overall workload and time frames involved, while as an individual you can keep track of what tasks or projects you are working on and what projects you can or can not take on due to scheduling.

Inconvénients

Sometimes the administrator /account owner has certain scheduling permissions and can add projects for individual team members int he scheduling feature. This is great but when these scheduled tasks or projects need to be changed or reshuffled it can only be done by the admin person / account owner and not the individual. There have been times when the admin person has not been available and I have needed to change the scheduled projects created by the admin person but have not been able to and have had to wait for the admin person to do it. This is the only downside so far that I have experienced using Float.

Jonathan
  • Secteur d'activité : Loisirs, voyage et tourisme
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 5 001-10 000 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

So Glad I Found this Software!

Publié le 05/08/2019

Overall, it has been a value add to the way we do things. We were using Google Sheets to schedule and calculate bandwidth before and the limitations were severe. I'm thrilled that we now have an easier and more attractive way to plan work!

Avantages

I like the ease of use for bandwidth calculation. Before Float, it would be very difficult for us to understand Trainer occupancy, and it was also a challenge to schedule trainings far in advance over several regions. With Float, I can see what's coming up at a glance and provide accurate reports to stakeholders so that they know how busy we are and will be. At the end of the quarter, I can easily calculate and show how much time we spent, and on what.

Inconvénients

For my specific use, access can be a challenge. I need something between "Project Manager" and "Member." For me, it would be ideal if there are a "Department Manager" role where people who had this level of access could modify the schedule for anyone in their department, but not see or edit the schedule of other departments.

Colby
  • Secteur d'activité : Construction

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

A fantastic, easy to use software that gets the job done

Publié le 16/08/2020

Avantages

The simplicity of Float was what sold it for us. As a company with around 90 very busy engineers and designers, entering workload data needed to take less than 5 minutes. With Float we can do this. Once all the data is in Float, managers can easily see who needs more work and who is overloaded. Support is also fantastic. The instant message service on the website always gets a fast response.

Inconvénients

No major issues. If I had to nitpick, I had to create a workaround to allow all employees to be able to automatically see every project in the system sithout assigning it to them. To do this I had to make every user an admin. But this works fine.

Resource Management

Pourquoi choisir Float

Excel was very manual, cumbersome and time consuming.

Microsoft Excel

Pourquoi passer à Float

The ease of use was critical to us. Float did everything we needed it to.
Davy

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Excellent tool for team scheduling and follow-ups

Publié le 02/08/2019

Our company went from 1 to 5 people in the past year. We also have interns or students that are only here for a while. We now have a tool that allows us to follow up projects and team schedules in a very clear way without creating big overhead costs. It works fast and efficient for us.

Avantages

Easy to use. We can view the schedule of the entire team in one screen and make instant changes if necessary.

Inconvénients

When creating tasks, the difference between creating projects and clients can be annoying. Also: provide more colours! ;-)

Teamleader et Google Sheets

Pourquoi choisir Float

Google Sheets was becoming to complicated to follow up billable hours, tasks and schedules. Float brought all of those together for our team.

Google Sheets

Pourquoi passer à Float

Google Sheets was not efficient anymore. Teamleader had too many features for our current needs and would have created more overhead costs.
Rawiri

How Float works for us

Publié le 18/08/2020

After using the Trial, we found the best way to apply it to our business and implemented quickly for Live usage. We have been using Float daily since and it has been successful in providing a complete overview of staff workload and availability. It provides clarity for future scheduling.

Avantages

* Provides an overview of scheduled work and staff availability for forecasting and scheduling
* Ability to assign consultants to specific projects, while also assigning individual tasks.
* Minimal duplication of work as the system maintains the lifetime of the projects
* Ability to link to Jira tasks
* Easy to schedule timeframes
* Can view based on teams or individuals

Inconvénients

Not a lot we didn't like, but it would be great to have;
* Task breakdowns
* Two way Jira linking (Currently only from Jira)
* Pull more data from Jira (Timeframes etc)

Todoist et Trello

Pourquoi choisir Float

It didn't provide an overview of staff availability for forecasting purposes

Pourquoi passer à Float

It covered some of the basic features of Asana but providing an overview of staff available and scheduled work, which was a higher priority for us.
Adam

Solid Product

Publié le 27/06/2022

It's helped us grow a lot and help more people. It's really helped us spend less time doing admin work and more time doing real work and helping people. It takes some getting used to and commitment but it's beautifully designed, intuitive, and a big part of our success.

Avantages

How easy it is to use. It's easy to jump in and also complicated enough that you can really use some advanced features.

Inconvénients

There are of course small issues here and there but none worth mentioning at all. It's truly a great product and really helpful.

Réponse de Float Traduire en français

Thank you for your review, Adam! Excellent to hear that Float is saving you time on admin work so you can do more of what you do best!

Tomasz
  • Secteur d'activité : Services et technologies de l'information

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Resource planning in big picture

Publié le 09/09/2019

Float is great tool that helps us in three ways:

1. Planning resources in the near future - thanks to this we can easily know what specialist and when will have free time for some short maintenance or start new project.

2. Planning time off office days

3. Get statistics about how much time was spend in which project in wide perspective and quickly check who and when was working on what milestone off the project for client reports.

Avantages

How easy it is. To book resource or edit time range you only need a few clicks or drag and drop.

Inconvénients

It will be nice to get notifications about not booked time of some resource and small tool for moving all booked resources for a given project in time.

Kantata et Harvest

Pourquoi choisir Float

Paymo was slow and has bad mobile app

Paymo

Pourquoi passer à Float

Nice UI, easy to set up, fast to add and modify
Christian
  • Secteur d'activité : Télécommunications

Float Review

Publié le 17/01/2019

We used to use a HUGE white board and dry erase markers for our schedule. We thought that this was the best way for us to tackle our job scheduling and Float was met with a bit of resistance once the boss said we were going to try it.
WOW, were we wrong. I would never look back now that we are using Float. One of the best tools we ever used. We are scheduling anywhere from 18 to 26 techs on this program and I fully encourage anyone even thinking of possibly trying out a program for scheduling to do your self a favor and try out Float. I'd be shocked if your not impressed by it.

Avantages

Kudos to you guys! I love the newer faster Float! You are making my job much easier & faster. Love the faster navigating/scrolling and the changing of a task’s time by scrolling on the schedule up or down beats the hell out of having to open the task and do it from there.
Love the new feature that you can hover over the work task and the notes appear without having to open the task.

Great job, keep it up!

Inconvénients

Would like to be able to move a task to the afternoon (or lower in the cell) for a day where it is not a full days worth of hours and there is nothing else for that employee that day. Example, I have a technician on a 4 hour training course and it is in the afternoon. He has nothing else scheduled that day but I can't move the task lower in the cell so it looks like it is scheduled for the morning. It would be nice if you could hover over the "Time off" cells and see the notes associated with it , like you can for a work task, without having to open the "time off" cell.

Ben
  • Secteur d'activité : Services et technologies de l'information

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Simple and powerful resource management tool to manage team workload

Publié le 05/08/2020

We really love Float and it’s been a game changer in effectively managing our resources across projects. We now have a clear view on our resource pipeline and it’s allowed project managers to better utilise team based on availability and make more informed hiring decisions.

Avantages

Easy to setup and use without any training required. Clean interface that makes it easy to view and update resources assigned to projects. Love the ability to easily drag to extend duration of tasks assigned.

Inconvénients

Would be great if there was a better integration with our timesheet tool (Xero) to populate timesheets automatically based on plan in Float.

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your review! I've passed your Xero integration request to our team.

I also wanted to let you know that we do have a time tracking add-on in Float that pre-fills your team's timesheets based on the work schedule. You can find out how it works here, https://www.float.com/how-it-works/time-tracking.

All Float users can try time tracking free for 30 days. The Account Owner needs to activate this from the Team Settings in Float.

If you want a demo of how it works, or have any questions, please feel free to email us at support@float.com.

Thanks again for the review!

Cheers,
Siobhan

Taylor
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus de deux ans

Absolutely Love Float

Publié le 14/06/2022

Great.

Avantages

I needed a program that tracked resource allocation only, and this is it. I have brought it to every company I have worked at. It is so easy to use and set up and the Asana integration is so valuable. I am able to project the workload for the next quarter in under 30 mins.

Inconvénients

Would love to be able to prioritize tasks according to importance in the stack but otherwise, no major cons.

Réponse de Float Traduire en français

Thanks for your review, Taylor! Amazing to hear that you're able to project the next quarter's workload in less than half an hour with Float!
Thank you so much for bringing Float into every company you've worked at!

Utilisateur vérifié
  • Secteur d'activité : E-learning

Great Visual Tool for Resource Management

Publié le 01/08/2019

We've been able to better project planning times for business needs coming in. When we know how long something takes via Float, we're able to give clearer milestones to our clients and we can manage our internal deadlines better. When you're able to take a quick peak at Float and see what someone is working on for the next few days, it's a more efficient way to manage resourcing expectations internally and across business units internally.

Avantages

With Float, I love that you can make instant decisions on capacity management. I can assign someone a scheduled task and easily move the task back and forth between two team members if needed. It's a great visual tool to see how long people are spending in a certain area and to help plan ahead for the future. It gives a full visual picture of capacity and resource management, which can be hard to do. I love that you're able to assign color coding and different notes to each project, so you can monitor the health of the project properly and understand how many people are actually touching it.

Inconvénients

Sometimes, there are some small glitches that happen, where you make an update and it either disappears or adds additional time to someone's schedule (making them fully at capacity). There aren't many cons to this application other than that because sometimes it can just take a lot of refreshing and some rework because sometimes the refreshes can cause a loss in information inputted.