823 avis
Float

Float

L'application de planification des ressources pour les agences, studios et entreprises.

4,5 /5 (823 avis)
95% des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
823 avis
Aidan D.
Traduire en français

Beautifully simple and easy to use

Publié le 26/01/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Float is a product I like using, and I wish some of its features and UX elements were in the other software that I use! We use Synergist for job and project management, but Float for scheduling because it UX is so much better than Synergist's scheduler tool.

Avantages

Float's user interface and logic are inspirational. They have made the activity of coordinating multiple resources on multiple projects about as easy as it can be. They have paid a lot of attention to usability, efficient use of screen real estate and simple navigation. However the killer feature is the intuitive yet clever way that searching and data navigation work. All searching and filtering is done using a single search field, which offers indexed word search on pretty much everything including tags. There is also a well-worked out protocol for handling union and intersect searches.

Inconvénients

The only real bugbear is that any user that can enter data into the system can define new values for any field. It isn't possible to centrally control lists such as task names, clients, job descriptions etc. This means that if you have more than one person using the system, very quickly you get different versions of the same thing being defined (e.g. job roles being slightly different) which makes it difficult to analyse across records. Not a dealbreaker, but I do think it should be possible to lock down lists of values. Also it would be good if you could zoom out the view a little more - if you're dealing with more than a dozen resources/projects.

Jonathan K.
Secteur d'activité: Loisirs, voyage et tourisme
Taille de l'entreprise: 5 001-10 000 employés
Traduire en français

So Glad I Found this Software!

Publié le 05/08/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall, it has been a value add to the way we do things. We were using Google Sheets to schedule and calculate bandwidth before and the limitations were severe. I'm thrilled that we now have an easier and more attractive way to plan work!

Avantages

I like the ease of use for bandwidth calculation. Before Float, it would be very difficult for us to understand Trainer occupancy, and it was also a challenge to schedule trainings far in advance over several regions. With Float, I can see what's coming up at a glance and provide accurate reports to stakeholders so that they know how busy we are and will be. At the end of the quarter, I can easily calculate and show how much time we spent, and on what.

Inconvénients

For my specific use, access can be a challenge. I need something between "Project Manager" and "Member." For me, it would be ideal if there are a "Department Manager" role where people who had this level of access could modify the schedule for anyone in their department, but not see or edit the schedule of other departments.

Ian T.
Secteur d'activité: Gestion de l'enseignement
Taille de l'entreprise: 201-500 employés

You float my boat

Publié le 30/03/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I'm pretty much scheduling 9am-5pm as part of my job, so I needed something that was 'clean' and easy to use, as well as having the required functionality. I trialled a few other software products and found Float came out on top.

Avantages

The user-friendliness. It doesn't try and be too over complicated.

Inconvénients

only downside is that I'm unable to brand it up a bit with our company logo's/colours. Not a biggy though, more of a nice to have.

Laura P.
Secteur d'activité: Production audiovisuelle

Great value. Lots of potential

Publié le 05/09/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I've been using CETA scheduling software for the last 4 years in big VFX companies and I must say that Float is not there yet but is actually getting broadly comparable. In the last 4 months that I introduced it into my new team it's proved to be quite useful to keep track of the progression of our projects. During these months I've seen that it has already improved in many areas that I'm excited to see what comes next.
I can see it can become a really powerful software.

Avantages

There aren't may softwares that let you schedule a team in such an easy and organised way.
I think most softwares nowadays are too complex and make you spend more time organising tasks than actually working on them.
Float is so clear and simple you can actually use it to manage big projects without spending too much time on it.

Inconvénients

It's getting better, but it would be very useful if we could:

- Right click on a pencil and be able to copy it over into a different person.
- Book more than one person on the same project (for example if two workers are on the same project because one of them is doing a training but you don't want to charge twice for that time).
- Lately when I try to schedule more than 1 project in one day on the same person I get a message saying I can't schedule anyone for more than 24 hours) even if I'm not exceeding the 8 normal working hours. It'd be great if that could be fixed.
- It'd be good if milestones were more visible.
- I think reports should be a bit less complicated and more visual.
- It'd be really helpful if you could group projects up in folders when you go to the Projects tab as at the moment we have like... 45 different projects going on and although we color code them it's difficult to organise all of them.
-I'd like to have more than only three types of view when looking at our schedules a part from 'Days, 'Weeks' and 'Months'.
It'd be great if you could 'Archive' users as well as projects. So when a worker it's not working at the company anymore and you don't want to pay for it on Float you can kind of 'Archive' him (so you are not able to book him on anything but still you can see him on the boards so you don't loose what it's been scheduled on him.)

Marco M.
Traduire en français

Great software for planning but missing some features.

Publié le 12/02/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall I am very satisfied with Float, as it allowed me to save a lot of time in my planning activity and provided the company with a tool that everyone can use.

Avantages

I really like the possibility of having a global view of the activities and the possibility of having a fast (very fast) synchronization with the Outlook calendar. Furthermore, it is really useful to assign different roles to people in order to define planning permissions.

Inconvénients

I am not crazy about the graphic style of the calendar / schedule view. Hiding over the weekend it is difficult to see at a glance the separation between the various weeks. Also there is no translation of the portal in Italian, not a serious deficiency, but if there were it would be better :)

It also lacks the ability to view your schedule in a daily agenda format in order to have a more precise schedule of your commitments, as you can do through outlook.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 7.0/10

Stephen C.

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I have a team spread around the globe and this really highlights what work and projects are being carried out by the team and provides a good forecast of where resource shortfalls are.

Avantages

The software is easy to use and has many features that support resource planning in flexible ways.

Inconvénients

There could be some work on the global settings where we can convert from a local currency (i.e. Euros, Pounds, Aussie dollars) into a default currency to see how projects compare with each other when normalised.

Brian Y.

Float review

Publié le 05/02/2020

Ease of use. Ease of setup. Simple licensing model

Inconvénients

Should have the ability to show far more consultants on a single screen - requires too much scrolling

Wouter M.
Traduire en français

By far the best tool I've found to allocate people to projects

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

As the title says, I find this tool the easiest to use for allocating people to my projects. We've used this in the previous company I worked for and I suggested it here again. Our whole PMO is enthousiastic!

easy to use
Clear setup
Organisations / skills / tags for people and projects

Inconvénients

I'ts not quite as snappy running in a browser. I'd like to see an windows app for this.

Amanda F.
Traduire en français

One of the better project management tools out there

Publié le 05/09/2019

Avantages

I like that you can split bookings and set different hours on different dates, rather than blanket booking a full resource.

Inconvénients

I dislike that you must click more than 2 times to add a new project. It's an extra step that I find a bit more cumbersome than other project tools.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 7.0/10

Robert B.

// Float with FLOAT

Overall an ideal feature-set for planning a team of ~50 people
Great Interface
Great search & sorting functions, that can be easily bookmarked
Nice mobile app with the basic features you need on the go

Inconvénients

Profile pictures of team members could be a little bigger

Brad W.

Float review for Audio Visual Studio

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

With using Float we have been able to have one central, accessible platform for the team to schedule tasks and projects and to assign them to the relevant individuals, sometimes weeks ahead of the deadlines. This has improved the teams overall planning of jobs and has allowed us to see what we can take on, what we need to reschedule and at times when we have to call in additional help to meet the deadlines. Float is quite easy to use and is improving all the time with new features. For us as an audio and design studio it has become an essential tool in our day to day operations that has benefited our overall productivity.

Avantages

As a busy audio and visuals studio the biggest advantage we have seen with using Float is the scheduling feature. This allows us to schedule when projects and tasks need to take place, and who is working on and responsible for each project and task. As we have a number of people on our team and often numerous projects on the go at one time, Float has allowed us to better coordinate everything and has become vital in ensuring that projects and tasks are completed on time by each individual team member. As a team we can view the overall workload and time frames involved, while as an individual you can keep track of what tasks or projects you are working on and what projects you can or can not take on due to scheduling.

Inconvénients

Sometimes the administrator /account owner has certain scheduling permissions and can add projects for individual team members int he scheduling feature. This is great but when these scheduled tasks or projects need to be changed or reshuffled it can only be done by the admin person / account owner and not the individual. There have been times when the admin person has not been available and I have needed to change the scheduled projects created by the admin person but have not been able to and have had to wait for the admin person to do it. This is the only downside so far that I have experienced using Float.

Davy H.
Traduire en français

Excellent tool for team scheduling and follow-ups

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Our company went from 1 to 5 people in the past year. We also have interns or students that are only here for a while. We now have a tool that allows us to follow up projects and team schedules in a very clear way without creating big overhead costs. It works fast and efficient for us.

Avantages

Easy to use. We can view the schedule of the entire team in one screen and make instant changes if necessary.

Inconvénients

When creating tasks, the difference between creating projects and clients can be annoying. Also: provide more colours! ;-)

Tomasz F.
Traduire en français

Resource planning in big picture

Publié le 09/09/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Float is great tool that helps us in three ways:

1. Planning resources in the near future - thanks to this we can easily know what specialist and when will have free time for some short maintenance or start new project.

2. Planning time off office days

3. Get statistics about how much time was spend in which project in wide perspective and quickly check who and when was working on what milestone off the project for client reports.

Avantages

How easy it is. To book resource or edit time range you only need a few clicks or drag and drop.

Inconvénients

It will be nice to get notifications about not booked time of some resource and small tool for moving all booked resources for a given project in time.

Christian D.
Secteur d'activité: Télécommunications

Float Review

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We used to use a HUGE white board and dry erase markers for our schedule. We thought that this was the best way for us to tackle our job scheduling and Float was met with a bit of resistance once the boss said we were going to try it.
WOW, were we wrong. I would never look back now that we are using Float. One of the best tools we ever used. We are scheduling anywhere from 18 to 26 techs on this program and I fully encourage anyone even thinking of possibly trying out a program for scheduling to do your self a favor and try out Float. I'd be shocked if your not impressed by it.

Avantages

Kudos to you guys! I love the newer faster Float! You are making my job much easier & faster. Love the faster navigating/scrolling and the changing of a task’s time by scrolling on the schedule up or down beats the hell out of having to open the task and do it from there.
Love the new feature that you can hover over the work task and the notes appear without having to open the task.

Great job, keep it up!

Inconvénients

Would like to be able to move a task to the afternoon (or lower in the cell) for a day where it is not a full days worth of hours and there is nothing else for that employee that day. Example, I have a technician on a 4 hour training course and it is in the afternoon. He has nothing else scheduled that day but I can't move the task lower in the cell so it looks like it is scheduled for the morning. It would be nice if you could hover over the "Time off" cells and see the notes associated with it , like you can for a work task, without having to open the "time off" cell.

Secteur d'activité: E-learning

Great Visual Tool for Resource Management

Publié le 01/08/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We've been able to better project planning times for business needs coming in. When we know how long something takes via Float, we're able to give clearer milestones to our clients and we can manage our internal deadlines better. When you're able to take a quick peak at Float and see what someone is working on for the next few days, it's a more efficient way to manage resourcing expectations internally and across business units internally.

Avantages

With Float, I love that you can make instant decisions on capacity management. I can assign someone a scheduled task and easily move the task back and forth between two team members if needed. It's a great visual tool to see how long people are spending in a certain area and to help plan ahead for the future. It gives a full visual picture of capacity and resource management, which can be hard to do. I love that you're able to assign color coding and different notes to each project, so you can monitor the health of the project properly and understand how many people are actually touching it.

Inconvénients

Sometimes, there are some small glitches that happen, where you make an update and it either disappears or adds additional time to someone's schedule (making them fully at capacity). There aren't many cons to this application other than that because sometimes it can just take a lot of refreshing and some rework because sometimes the refreshes can cause a loss in information inputted.

Joseph B.
Secteur d'activité: Services environnementaux
Taille de l'entreprise: 501-1 000 employés
Traduire en français

Intuitive and helpful software, let down by occasional performance issues

Publié le 09/09/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Although I list here several cons, I think these are far outweighed by the practical benefits of using the product, and certainly don’t dampen the experience too much. My experience so far with Float has been one of trying to make it reflect reality, and encourage adoption within our organisation. I think the real advantage of using it will be one project managers are widely aware of its benefits, and proactively use it to resource projects and keep abreast of changes in the availability of our team.

Avantages

Float is an incredibly intuitive piece of software to use, with a simple calendar-like interface that everyone can understand. I have found that this aspect of the software is helpful in promoting its adoption within our teams. The experience is consistent across the product, which has allowed me to discover more and more features in and enrich the experience of using the product.

Inconvénients

The performance of the software is occasionally a bit lacklustre. For example, I often find myself accidentally clicking somewhere on the screen which prompts a dialogue box to open to enter a new task. This problem is especially pronounced when using a trackpad, and isn’t something that I experience elsewhere. Additionally, the interface seems to have a strange way of ‘splitting’ tasks that occur across multiple days. I have found that it often leaves blank gaps that give the illusion that a team member is working more hours per day than they actually are.

There are a few features that I would like to see when going forward. Firstly, I think it would be good if there were different options when ‘resizing’ a task. Currently, the task can be resized independently across both axes (i.e. how many hours per day, and across how many days). I think it would be good if there were an option for these to affect each other – i.e. the total number of hours allocated to the project remains the same and could be allocated fewer hours across more days, or more hours across fewer days.

Secteur d'activité: Internet
Taille de l'entreprise: 201-500 employés

Program Manager using Float

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 11/02/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We are using Float in our organization to manage resource allocation and we have been using it for the last 3 years. It has been mostly great and enhanced our resource allocation amazingly and provided great visibility into resourcing across different programs and into the future. We use Float to track Holidays and vacation across all regions (worldwide), we use it to forecast allocation and revenue across the team per each project. Permissions are straightforward and allow us to control what we want. We can keep projects as tentative while awaiting for the contract and still allocate people to provide visibility into anticipated resourcing load. Overall Float has been great for us and I would recommend it to any organization providing services and focused around resourcing their team. Float has been constantly evolving and you can notice the difference and improvements rolled out weekly if not daily. Thank you for your work Float team!

- Easy of use
- Performance
- Interface
- Good visibility into my resources and their load

Inconvénients

- There were couple glitches and numerous updates in January but that is resolved now
- Previously performance was not great, but there are great improvements recently on that part
- Adding holidays could be easier
- When grouped by project I'd like Float to show all assigned project for people, not only specified project

Heather M.

Multi disciplinary studio management

Publié le 22/01/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Currently managing a team of 9 designers in a multi disciplinary team with 30+ different jobs daily. Tool has worked perfectly well for top line management of workflow and constant changing priorities. Visually easy to understand. Since the recent update the software has performed so much better then expected and has made a massive difference to usability.

Avantages

The simple usability of the software. How quick it is to add jobs, extend and move jobs around to different people. Flexible scrolling through the weeks. So easy to set someone up and get started with very minimal training. Report system very useful for monthly reports. For top line project management this is the perfect tool.

Inconvénients

The search bar sometimes doesnt work or show particular jobs on occasion. Search seems to only work within the month you are viewing, rather then showing a job from a previous month. This is intermittent and sometimes works to find what you are looking for when refreshed. Still need to test this after the software update to see if it has been resolved.

Doesn't refresh for designers, so we have updated and moved jobs around and they aren't aware as their float has remained the same, unless they manually refresh the window.

Would be great to see more in depth project management potential, such as uploading briefs, designs and signing them off all on this software.

Sara D.
Traduire en français

Finally -- time management that works for project managers and visual designers

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We needed a way to easily plan and then communicate on our respective tasks for the week. With Basecamp (what we use for project management currently), we could pull to-do lists, but we didn't have a macro view on the week or the month with the time that it would take to complete those tasks. My designer felt like he couldn't really "'visualize" his week and couldn't communicate easily what tasks were taking more or less time than needed. Float has proved to be invaluable for time management and communication.

Avantages

I like that I (as a project manager) can manage time easily for our team of two, but can easily add contract workers, and that visually it works for my designer as well -- he struggled with really seeing how his week needed to flow when just using tasklists, like Basecamp.

Inconvénients

Anything I haven't liked has been added (e.g. ability to do recurring tasks, reordering tasks). It's a small thing, but we also spend way too much time trying to figure out colors for all of our projects after using the default ones. I would love to be able to add a project from the schedule interface -- like when I go to schedule time and I type in a project, it tries to find it; if it's not there, it would be nice to just have "add this project" without having to exit out of the scheduling box and go into Project.

Flexible, collaborative scheduling

Publié le 18/03/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

It's been a learning experience for us as a team, and myself as an individual. We now push all work in as soon as we even believe it will happen and mark it as tentative. We can add milestones and deliverables so everyone collaborating on the schedule can see how much work there is and how likely it is they'll be able to add more in. A great tool that's got us away from the horror of scheduling in excel.

Avantages

Can easily see the whole stream of work. We were using excel, not ideal, especially when it came to needing to change it and others had it open. We'd done this for years, not great. This tool means we can react faster to the needs of our busy studio. Adding milestones has been invaluable because we can easily see where pinch points will happen. Handling employee leave and work hours is now super seamless as float deals with it for you using the 'time off' feature.

Inconvénients

It can be fiddly to arrange work in the correct order if you're doing less than half a day block at a time. Fortunately, this doesn't typically affect us, as we deal almost exclusively with long term, large projects.

Marco F.
Secteur d'activité: Produits pharmaceutiques
Taille de l'entreprise: 1 001-5 000 employés
Traduire en français

Unbeatable task and team manager

Publié le 30/07/2019

Avantages

Easy, Easy, Easy! Uncluttered and extremely intuitive user interface. Basically no learning curve, even for unexperienced users. Despite its clean and tidy interface, Float is still ideal for enterprise use. It sports a very powerful team manager platform, perfect to assign and follow tasks, instantly spreading any update with team members. Automatic reports allow to keep under control time consumption.

Inconvénients

Float run in cloud, there's no possibility to implement a self hosted solution.

Allysa J.

Float is great

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 13/02/2019

Avantages

It's really really REALLY easy to use with a very intuitive interface. Float is continuously tweaking features for the better to further improve upon the UI/UX. My project management team did a lot of research on resource management tools and Float was the only one that allowed for such a granular view (i.e., instead of planning sprints in 2 weeks, it's day by day). We needed that for our business as we are run day-to-day with sometimes very small tasks (0.5-1hr) and Float was the only one allowing us to get that granular. Further, whenever we've had an issue the Support team is very quick and responsive to helping us!

Inconvénients

The Reporting tools aren't as great and well-organized as our Finance/Billing team would like. But the front-end is superior to the other tools my team considered so we are still using on that front.

Rick D.
Secteur d'activité: Internet
Traduire en français

Great tool for day to day business!

Avantages

Float is very easy to use and makes you activities for the day very insight-full. As project manager it is possible to see all the activities for the team in a blink of an eye.

The sorting functions are great; by project, by team and more. Also adding repetitive tasks and scheduled items is very easy.

This tool improved our daily workflow greatly!

Inconvénients

For now we really don't have any dislikes at all. All our requirements for good planning/team management software are met in Float.

Ben C.
Secteur d'activité: Télécommunications
Taille de l'entreprise: 10 001+ employés

Flexible and responsive

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Float has given me the ability to schedule resources from a regional perspective and utilise cross project multi skilled resources.
I can easily search a resource skill and view their availability !

Avantages

Being able to make changes and have those changes reflect live on my teams phones is a HUGE benefit!

Inconvénients

responsiveness of the website. Would be great to have local instance for a faster response when making changes

Rachel S.

Great software

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Float allows the entire studio to understand what they're booked on and gives the managers a greater understanding of when tasks are completed.

Avantages

Float is a really helpful piece of software, especially for running studio resourcing. The flexibility of being able to move jobs between different resources is great. Definitely one of the easiest resourcing tools i've used.

Inconvénients

After doing a a few resource moves the system gets a bit buggy and you have to refresh or sometimes log out and log back in again to see the changes you've made.