Avis sur HiringThing

HiringThing

Online recruiting and applicant tracking tool

4.5/5 (75 avis)

Ease of learning, use and amazing customer service!

Publié le 27.10.2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Our consulting company HR Annie Consulting began using HiringThing for one of our clients a few years ago. Ever since, even though we get exposed to other programs, Hiring Thing is our #1 recommendation. Even clients who we no longer consult, remain loyal users of this platform for recruiting, applicant tracking and retention of their candidate files.
Another thing I love about Hiring Thing is that their team is always conscientious and open to their user's ideas for improving what is already great! When they make an upgrade or add on a service, I have never had significant downtime learning or acclimating to any changes.
The customer service from their team is quick, responsive and proactive in helping our team find solutions to increase our applicant pool, which for hard to fill positions has been invaluable!

Avantages

There are a lot of tools and they are easy to use. Whenever I've had a question about anything, their team has been really helpful.

Inconvénients

The price and options keep changing so it's hard when we are a pass through agreement with our clients and suddenly have to charge them more...even worse, when we don't catch it and aren't passing the cost through. Maybe a different rate package for companies that are referring use for tithed clients or a referral bonus??

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Strong features, engaging interface, great customer service, improved results

Avantages

I both recruit and use this ATS across multiple high tech clients. No other ATS had this feature. HiringThing provides easy of use for hiring managers, affordability and a solid platform of features for savvy recruiters. With more use is more enjoyment, I especially appreciate the larger resume view area. Other ATS are clunky in comparison. My first time ATS user clients/managers find it easy to use and I appreciate the extensive options. We've come to rely on the notes area which provides a snapshot of activity timeline and interview notes. The help/tutorial area is robust, engaging and effective for quick How Tos. I began using their background check provider- Crimcheck- easy to set-up, pricing is 40% lower than HireRight and easy to access internally with two clicks at the candidate profile.

Our results- better social media presence & sourcing, ease of scheduling interviews and effective hiring manager and candidate communication produced better qualified candidates and faster overall hiring.

Inconvénients

These are small and most could be solved if I ask questions or check their extensive Help Area- 1. preview outgoing messages. 2. Adding a ready to use and change employment application would help clients who have a solid payroll system but don't have or use an HRIS system. Woofoo does not seem to be sufficient.

Better than using nothing

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 28.12.2016
Provenance de l'avis

We have used this program, which is an improvement over nothing but have found some serious issues with using it.
It will send emails out to subscribers about new jobs that haven't been published. Every one of your subscribers will know about a job if Tuesday rolls around and you are still working on the draft with managers. It really makes things messy when it happens to be a job that somebody is going to be terminated from but hasn't actually been informed yet.
It also does not keep a record of the offer letter you send out. You will get it listed in the files ONLY if the applicant accepts and signs the letter. The letter is off in limbo if they don't sign it.

Avantages

It's better than using nothing at all.

Inconvénients

It has an all or nothing mentality when it comes to features.
No way to block duplicate applicants based on email addresses.
No way to track offer letter sent until it is signed and accepted.
Will publish job postings automatically, even though the ad was not actually published by the user.
Applicants skip qualifying questions when they apply through indeed.

0.0/10

Fast, Easy to Use, No Frills

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I am an independent recruiter and value fast, easy to use, nice user experience over customization, features, and workflows. HiringThing has worked great for me. It probably does not meet the needs for a larger company due to its lack of a search interface (or a usable one I should say). But if you are simply looking for a resume repository and to provide candidates a great, simple experience when they apply to jobs, this is a great solution! Their customer service is on point as well. I have spoken with their support team and seen code changes implemented within 24 hours. Not that I expected that, but that is quite a customer focused team they have.

Avantages

ease of use, responsiveness, fast, good candidate experience, easy to implement with career portal

Inconvénients

lack of really any in depth features, search, workflow customization. But I'm not looking for that at this time anyways.

Overall a good low cost Applicant Tracking Software

Publié le 17.07.2018

Avantages

* Very reasonable pricing options in comparison to comparable softwares
* Customizable options to meet your business needs
* Easy to setup job postings and to get them posted, also able to save profiles and recreate the posting as needed

Inconvénients

* Hard to track a candidate who has applied multiple times to different positions and the notes that are taken for the profile on one position is not readily available when candidate is screened by another recruiter for a different position;
* Widget does not allow any form of sorting on your home webpage screen. The most recent position goes to the top of the list. No option to split postings between say front line positions vs. management positions;
* Screening questions can be bypassed by indeed.com's "apply now" button, so screening question is not consistently adhered to;
* The functions of rating a New Applicant candidate moves them immediately to a the Rated Applicant without allowing for the option to move them there or archive them;
* Weak filtering of international applicants

Recommend HiringThing to our clients

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I work in HR consulting and we do a lot of recruiting and/or train recruiting strategies. We recommend HiringThing to all of our clients. It is a great, user friendly platform and Bunnie our rep is quick and super helpful with questions and job board research. Great product.

Avantages

Service and user friendly. Application management

Inconvénients

Wish the cover letters and resumes looked like the originals without having to download them.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Great value for the money!

Avantages

It's very user-friendly and intuitive. It was super easy to roll out and the managers were able to quickly learn how to navigate through the system. I love how you can do everything in one place from scheduling interviews to extending offers to running a background check and hiring someone.

Inconvénients

I wish there was a way they could refresh your job posting more often. If you don't post at the exact right time and don't get enough hits initially, you could end up with a lack of candidates to choose from.

Good Software. Great customer support

Publié le 12.10.2016
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

Customer support is SUPURB! As soon as I send them an email, they reply back within the next 10 minutes. And they are available on the phone without the "your call is important to us". Most of the money spent feels well spent because of their customer support.
The software is fairly easy to use. There are certain functionalities that can be accessed through two routes such as messaging candidates and setting appointments. It took me a while to figure those out and discover that one route was better than other. I would have liked it if the status of the applicants had changed right after certain action was taken automatically. But I have to do it manually, not a big issue though, I can see why that might be counter productive as well.

If you are hiring on an ongoing basis with a dedicated person managing the hiring, it is great value for money. For us it is a bit of an overkill. However, we got a lot of applicants for the few positions that we advertised through hiring thing. Mostly it served our purpose of having the screening questions into application form. Would have liked it if all the applicant info could be emailed automatically to the hiring manager as an optional feature, but had to do it manually. On the other hand, because there was a platform, an admin person could easily do the job of emailing.
Overall I am pleased with the product and would recommend it to a first time user of applicant tracking system.
Another great feature: It has never crashed on me!

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Have always had a great exp. until recently response is bad and no one addresses issues to tickets.

Publié le 16.07.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Organization of candidates and easy to communicate and syndicate.

Avantages

Easy to use. That' s all I want to say here.

Inconvénients

They need to have the city, state where the applicant is - in the header so you don't have to open the file to know. That would save a lot of time. CrimCheck has a serious communication problem. Did Bunnie leave? She was always responsive to tickets and none were ever outstanding. It's been terrible lately.

5.0/10

Could be a great fit for some companies, but wasn't the right software for us.

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Multi users for a flatrate.

Avantages

I like that HiringThing allows me to add a bunch of users without the the additional cost. The UI is clean and most functionality is pretty straight forward. The reports and dashboards are basic but nice, could work for some companies but didn't give us the insights that we needed.

Inconvénients

I think the biggest drawback of the system is that an applicant doesn't have a profile in which multiple applications can live, and where they can view the status of his/her applications. This poses reporting, and UX, challenges for internal personnel should applicants apply to more than one job .

4.0/10

Enhancements I'd like to see

Publié le 11.04.2017
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

I think the product is good. I think the enhancements I've listed would make it better.

Inconvénients

Enhancements I would like to see - when I am reviewing candidates I'm usually blocking off time to review as many candidates as I can in that period. Therefore, it would be nice if the Applicant Viewer window had a button to View Next Applicant. So after I rate the one I'm on, I can do directly to the next candidate without having to close the window and click View for the next applicant. Also, when I resize the Applicant Viewer window to maximize the screen to better see the resume - it goes back to the default size each time. I'd like the option to have the window be larger by default - or keep the size I have when I click View Next Applicant.
There should also be an easier way to get applicants into the system. A manual add button that gives me the option to email the applicant but by default is disabled.
On the Rated Applicants tab I'd like to be able to sort by Applicant Name. I get an email from an applicant and I go into hiring thing to update their status - but it takes forever to find the person's name in the list.

7.0/10

Overall positive, but still working through hiccups

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We're able to contain everything in regards to a candidate in one place- their application, interview notes, ratings, offer letter- everything. That way, multiple people on our team can access that information rather than just the recruiter. This is helpful in the moment but also for having completed profiles to look back on when we're recruiting for new assignments that an older candidate may be suitable for.

Avantages

The user interface is clean, intuitive, and the functionality is headed in the right direction. It offers quite a bit of bang for your buck.

Inconvénients

They're still working on developing this software. This means, that the functions that you would expect to be automatic are sometimes still being built. It also means that things are changing everyday and the customer support team doesn't always seem to be on top of these changes so when you call with questions, you can get different answers from different people. However, they're a small company who cares about your experience. If you're willing to make them aware of the issue and walk them through it, they seem to be willing to work through it on their end- it might just take a bit of time.

7.0/10

Solid simple user-friendly ATS with some advanced features not usually offered

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Faster screening time--can find most viable applicants quickly.

Avantages

Screening applicants based on "knockout questions," using tags based on applicant answers, scanning resumes for keywords. The software interface is also very straightforward and easy to navigate. The last ATS I used was clunky and cumbersome for tasks that should not require so much work to figure out how to do. The "Help" page is also very instructional.

Inconvénients

Wish company pages had more customization, and that customer service had a faster response rate to my phone calls/emails.

Best bang for the buck

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I searched long and hard for an ATS that would give me all of the functionality I needed, for all fo the departments within our company. Not only was the HiringThing the best solution, the pricing made it a no-brainer for me. What has been equally surprising is the awesome support and customer service.

Avantages

It works, is easy to use and is very cost effective. Allows candidate sharing across the enterprise

Inconvénients

not really a complaint but its not a scalable as I'd like and some functionality is lacking. Overall it does 95% of what I'd like it to do

Probabilité de recommander le produit

We've used this product since 2012 and are very happy.

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Quick, easy, affordable way to post positions, sort candidates, store information.

Avantages

Easy to use and train new people to use; keeps all of the information in one place. Allows us to find candidates from previous jobs for new positions.

Inconvénients

We didn't set up "tags" originally and now have over 100 job searches we've completed. These two things can make it hard to organize.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

A great product with excellent customer service and flexibility!

Publié le 31.05.2016

Avantages

Hiring Thing is very unique in that their customer service team is phenomenally good and very quick to get back to you. They are very flexible with taking into consideration your suggestions and turning them into real features of their product. Up until recently, they did not have an option to do video interviews from within the platform, but now they have implemented it and it's quite a good functionality. They are a small company competing in a saturated market, but they are doing a great job!

Inconvénients

The main thing that we don't like with HiringThing compared to the best product we've seen on the market for Applicant Tracking, is the lack of an interactive pipeline view for the hiring stages.

Great product

Efficiency

Avantages

Having all of the candidates in one place, messaging templates and HTML for widget to use on our website.

Inconvénients

A lot of services like InDeed have similar features now for free or much less. Also when posting through Hiring Thing, sites like InDeed don't recognize it's us and don't link to our company profile.

7.0/10

I use this software with clients and we all find it very user friendly

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I'm able to run my search consulting business using this software

Avantages

The ease of looking at the information and the ability to sort the information and find all applications by the same person.

Inconvénients

The lack of flexibility in the app on my iPad and iPhone. That needs improvement although I do appreciate that there is an app.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Was a beta user way back and have continued to use as a paying customer for many years.

Publié le 13.07.2018

streamlines the recruiting process

Avantages

Super helpful to aggregate applicants and keep the process moving forward with various hiring managers in multiple locations.

Inconvénients

Not too sure there is something I really dislike. I know there are additional features that I haven't tapped into yet.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

HiringThing makes managing search processes and communications with candidates more efficient.

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

This has really streamlined the organizations ability to manage multiple hiring processes without losing track of candidates. Ease of communications internally and with candidates has improved and the efficiency allows us to focus less on logistics and more on finding top talent.

Avantages

It's easier to communicate with candidates, track where candidates are on the process, and share information with other hiring committee members. I appreciate a separate platform so this doesn't get lost in Email.

Inconvénients

I wish the EEOC information could be used to better track candidate demographics over time or by search.
I wish there was a way to automate archiving incomplete applications.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

good product overall at a very good price

Publié le 13.07.2018

Avantages

Pretty easy to use and self-explanatory - don't need a lot of tutorials, etc. Visually very appealing (easy to read and understand, clean lay out).

Inconvénients

would like to be able to customize stages for each opening. While it offers a "schedule function" it does not seem to work very well (do what I would like it to do). Wish I could integrate our openings with Ladders.

Support client

HiringThing has been integral in changing our recruiting efforts for our entire organization.

Avantages

We used a different ATS prior to HiringThing and did not find it to be nearly as user-friendly for both the applicant and the managers. We were losing potential candidates because it was too complicated. HiringThing has completely changed that.

Inconvénients

The only feedback I have is to make the user interface a little more friendly for multiple positions.

Good overall experience using Hiring Thing

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Able to recruit for companies across the country.

Avantages

Ease of use. The dashboard is very user friendly and allows easy navigation. The search tool using applicant's names is a very helpful feature that I use often.

Inconvénients

At this time, I don't have anything in particular that stands out as a con. I use this daily and have had a very good experience.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Interviewing software consolidated and amplified!

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 19.07.2018
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

Overall, a great product. I highly recommend it.

Avantages

Everything you need at your fingertips! This program completely consolidates the hiring process. It's a one-stop shop. many features such as Online job postings, Referral program, Background check, Pre-employment testing, Video interviewing, Enhanced search, Social media integration, Form builder, Messaging, Resume import, Offer letter, Applicant tagging, Calendar and scheduling, Onboarding document, Job requisition workflow, Analytic tools, Activity Feed

Inconvénients

3 separate packages which are reasonably priced however most people who hire go with the "pro package" which is the priciest. The other two less expensive packages only offer 5 and 10 job postings which most hiring managers will not use since there are almost always more than 10 jobs to post

Hiring Streamlines our Hiring Process

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus de deux ans

Avantages

HiringThing makes it easy to post, promote, and recruit candidates for our small nonprofit. Its intuitive, collaborative (I can seek input from the rest of our team), and effective. It's not the most fully featured recruitment platform out there, but what it does, it does well.

Inconvénients

I wished HiringThing had a few more tools to flag the most qualified applicants. It can search for keywords/tags in the cover letter or resumes of applicants, which is better than nothing, but its not a very robust feature.