3 759 avis

Box

Contenu sécurisé et partage de fichiers. Stockage cloud gratuit.

4,3 /5 (3759 avis) Donnez votre avis !
Note globale
Secteur d'activité: Services environnementaux

On the Go or From Home

Publié le 25/02/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I don't see any reason to change to another product or service, so long as the price remains competetive.

Avantages

Box excels at one thing -- making documents accessible from anywhere. This amounts to benefits of efficiency and freedom to work on the go. Being able to access from any machine, particularly on a phone where other services often fail, enhances my ability to address customer's needs.

Inconvénients

There's no indication when a file is open by another user. This has led to multiple users editing a document, and those documents don't merge well or at all, leaving a red exclamation point indicating there's an issue or an alternate file. We've lost some work this way. As a small company, this is manageable with clearer communication between employees, but I foresee this being an issue as we grow.

Secteur d'activité: Traduction et localisation

Good Free Version but expensive Business options

Publié le 12/01/2021
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Storing documents in the cloud as a back-up solution, sharing documents with collaborators and clients.

Avantages

Uploads and downloads are fast, sharing files or folders is easy, as an editor or viewer, and it is easy to use.

Inconvénients

The Business options are expensive for small businesses since they require you to purchase multiple licenses, not only one. If you get the Individual license you are not GDPR compliant, thus it turns out to be expensive for SMEs.

Matthew G.
Traduire en français

Preference really depends on how and when you entered the market

Publié le 18/01/2016
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

Avantages

They concentrated on the enterprise first, which is valid. Therefore security has always been tight, platform support is solid, and enterprise administration is very robust. Shared folders are great in a workplace and make everything very simple to get the right docs to the right people when they need them. Box is definitely an enterprise company, with the support to back up that claim.

Inconvénients

I should start by saying I tried Box, Dropbox, and Drive head-to-head back when everyone was going to cloud-storage and my experience with Box since then has been on and off. I'm still a current user of Drive and Dropbox and I pay for both every month. Our office doesn't need the level of admin support Box provides, which is the only feature that puts it ahead of the competition.

Box was just never as feature complete as Dropbox, I don't want a separate cloud storage provider for business and for home use and Box lacked simple tools like automatic photo upload. As well, the web interface lacks and the uploads feel slower and more prone to error when compared to Dropbox. It's improved lately but it's still behind in file viewing support, etc.

Also paid users have a max file size!!! Unacceptable if you do any sort of video/graphics work.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 4.0/10

Connie S.
Secteur d'activité: Appareils médicaux
Taille de l'entreprise: 501-1 000 employés

BOX

Publié le 29/11/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall its a much better platform I feel for sharing then Sharepoint.

Avantages

BOX is great for sharing information and large files, creating backup of information on to a network. It can mirror working off your harddrive where team members can then have access to the information.

Inconvénients

Modifying file names or moving files around could be improved upon to be made even easier when sharing with organizing files.

Desiree W.
Secteur d'activité: Internet

Great Product / Slightly Too Pricey for Individuals

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant 1 à 5 mois
Publié le 15/03/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall, I like Box. Better than Dropbox....maybe even better than pCloud as their UI is a bit dated and odd?...

Avantages

It does offer 10GB of storage for free versus Dropbox only offering 2GB for free.

Inconvénients

The only next option is the 100GB plan and it's $10 a month whereas Google One offer the same 100GB plan for only $1.99 a month. Now, I realize the better security and privacy potentially offered with Box versus a "big brother" such as Google is what could warrant an increased price. However, I'm not sure it needs to increase that much. Plus, it's confusing how they have an indicudual pro plan for $10 a month and 100GB and then a starter business plan with the same storage for $5 a month. I don't understand that and I think things should be more clear and make more sense.

Also, I'm having issues with Box Sync not working on my laptop. It just won't sync anymore other than the initial sync. I didn't feel like messing with it or dealing with customer service so I just uninstalled it from my laptop.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 9.0/10

Khan md mohaiuminul islam S.
Secteur d'activité: Génie civil
Taille de l'entreprise: 501-1 000 employés
Traduire en français

Excellent with teamwork, effortlessly easy.

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 26/10/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

When we talk about online based cloud storage, Box is an old company, give proper service to users. I can comfortably use big files and share them with a group of people. in my opinion its good enough to use. In the professional section, we all need to be paid storage to save our data, Box is a good option for us. In case of small file we may think of going free with other service provider, wbut when we need bigger space , we don't have many option left.

Avantages

Box is a good software when i use online . I can share my professional files easily with my teams. Large files are easily shareable with anyone. In my opinion cloud storage of Box is upto mark. File sharing is pretty good.

Inconvénients

Price is a little bit higher, when we talk about paid storage. windows application is not easiy to use, need some improvement.

Dave T.
Secteur d'activité: Enseignement supérieur
Taille de l'entreprise: 10 000+ employés
Traduire en français

Box is decent online the app for the computer is a nightmare.

Publié le 21/10/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

It is good at why it does. Better apps would make it much better and possibly the best in my opinion.

Avantages

We have unlimited box space at work. It’s great for that reason and we store all our research on box. It’s easy to organize and share and easily find past data.

Inconvénients

The apps are not great. Windows version never uploads correctly for me. My boss with make updates and I don’t see them. It has caused a few issues. The Mac version crashes on me a lot. The app for iOS is ok though.

Graeme S.

Box It Up!

Publié le 08/10/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

My experience has been very good. Box makes it easy access my files and documents wherever I am; a true on-demand application that's there when you need it.

Avantages

Box is a very good cloud-based document storage application. It allows easy customization for file structures and has an excellent phone app, which gives it greater utility.

Inconvénients

I have had limited success attempting text-searches in Box. This is a true limitation when you have thousands of files.

Jessi B.
Secteur d'activité: Design

Solid Option for Online storage

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 11/11/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

It has been great using box. I have had it for years and use it from time to time. I mostly upload to it and leave it there for backup.

Avantages

The best part of BOX is that they have an unlimited plan. Most companies are doing away with the unlimitted plan which is a real bummer. Apart from that, they are like the other online storage systems. It works great and the UI is very intuitive.

Inconvénients

The Free plan has a very small file size limit. As such, you cant upload just any file. That is a bummer.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 6.0/10

Traduire en français

A great place to keep all your files

Publié le 21/10/2020

Avantages

A great place to keep all your files, good for collaboration between multiple employees, recommend using the box sync app to quickly move files around with ease.

Inconvénients

Have to remember to lock the file before working on it otherwise can end up with duplicate files

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 5.0/10

Kory F.
Secteur d'activité: Gestion des investissements

Collaboration and Document Management at its best

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 28/09/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall, we have been very happy with our transition to Box. The features provided have exceeded our expectations and there are still more features that we haven't used yet and that are being released on a regular basis. The staff and programming teams have been extremely helpful for the set-up and customization of Box for our needs.

Avantages

Box provides an intuitive platform for collaborating and sharing documents with other coworkers, while maintaining significant flexibility on permissions for maintaining security on information as needed. The search functionality and version control have made it easier to find information quickly and helps to eliminate duplication and multiple versions of files. The integration with Office 365 and other service provides have been invaluable in creating efficiencies in our daily workflows. Box's mobile friendly platform makes for simple, yet secure access anywhere when data is needed.

Inconvénients

Box is best used as a web app rather than through the desktop app, Box Drive. When our company started use of Box, we were more familiar with navigation to files through the use of Windows Explorer. Box Drive is Box's app for accessing files through the Explorer. However, Box Drive is slow to update and more difficult to navigate, with more limited features compared to the Web app. Unfortunately, Box Drive still has to be used for certain functions of our work where the web app and/or integrations with our services do not work.

Todd J.
Secteur d'activité: Services et technologies de l'information
Traduire en français

Cloud file services that work like a real file share

Publié le 12/05/2020
Provenance de l'avis : GetApp

I helped roll out this solution to a small (25 users) business almost 3 years ago to replace their local file server. I started using it myself vs. DropBox because the Box Desktop was so perfectly Mac, and I've since rolled it out to three other small businesses as a replacement for local file services they can access anywhere.

When COVID-19 hit, and said clients needed their workers to work from home, the workflow hardly missed a beat, thanks to the fact they can work anywhere just as if they had a local file share on their desktop.

Avantages

The Box Desktop app actually works to keep files in the cloud until and unless I'm using them, saving precious disk space on users' systems — unlike an unnamed popular competitor. And on the Mac, it works just like an external disk or mounted file share — right on the desktop, in the proper file hierarchy with no proprietary interface to complicate things, or presume how I want to look at my files.

Inconvénients

Tech support can be slow to respond, as its first tier of support is via their forum and email, and I've waited as long as two days to get a response to an issue for a corporate subscription, and it's painfully apparent that the first tier team is reading straight off of cue cards, because they suggest things to try, even when my previous communication states IN DETAIL that I've already done said thing in my own troubleshooting.

Beef up the support staff, pay better attention to what a customer has already said in their communications, and escalate things to engineering quicker, and they will remedy the one, glaring shortcoming in their service.

Kacie H.
Secteur d'activité: Services financiers
Taille de l'entreprise: 201-500 employés
Traduire en français

Box is secure and can innovate industries from video to medical

Publié le 28/04/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I loved using Box for file management and editing. It saved me time and headaches. I only wish that my company had expanded its use and unleashed more of its capabilities.

Avantages

Box is the simplest way for me to stay organized, share files with others and ensure that my data is secure. The user experience is easy to understand. It's simple to invite others at a variety of permission levels (somer colleagues to view only, others to download, others to have full editing capability). Syncing on multiple devices is a snap.

But when I attended BoxWorks for training, I realized that one of the best advantages to using Box is the company's relationships with large, high-profile, reputable companies that provide tech integrations. One plug-in takes my raw video footage and auto-generates a searchable log of all dialogue. So I can search for every time an actor says a certain word. The AI even allows me to search for visual cues - one conservation team was able to just search "penguin," and then all their footage from across the world was sorted through in order to allow their video editors to find exactly the footage they needed for their next project.

Box Relay allows you to create workflows with different steps assigned to different teammates. So when you complete your action, the next person is automatically notified that they can begin the next step.

Present state is impressive. But I have a feeling we'll see even greater things to come.

Inconvénients

It took me awhile to think of anything negative to say. The max file size on the more affordable subscription options is perhaps the only drawback I can think of.

Ricky T.
Secteur d'activité: Produits pharmaceutiques

Robust Cloud Base System

Publié le 27/04/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We changed to Box awhile back to move our storage from internal servers to a cloud base system so we could easily access our files from anywhere. It's given us a lot more flexibility as we can work on our files from anywhere with internet access. It encourages us to try to do everything digitally and go green. Box overall is a great product for any business or individual who's looking for cloud storage.

Avantages

1. I use the Box Sync feature on a daily basis on my MacBook. Box Sync allows uers to sync folders/files from Box Cloud to your finder so it feels like your just working from finder but it's being backed up the cloud! It's a simple and convenient way for me to access and organize our box files using finder. Our company has a lot of folder/files so I just sync the folders I use the most and I have quick access to my files. Box cloud also has a Box Drive feature which is similar but has one downside which I mention in the Cons section.
2. With Box Sync it's easy to know when your files have been sync to the box cloud with the file icons.
3. Sharing files to internal or external users is simple. Sharing files include a lot of features based on the security levels you want.
4. Another great feature is that it integrates our DocuSign software (e-signatures). I can easily get files signed electronically through Box and not have to log into our DocuSign software. A very convenient feature as I have to get a lot of files signed electronically on a daily basis.
5. Lastly, we basically have unlimited storage!

Inconvénients

1. One con about Box Sync is that it doesn't seamlessly sync files in finder as Box Drive does. There is a slight delay, sometimes a minute or two to sync to the cloud. However, I have to rename a lot of files and I can't just select a file and click "enter/return" on my MacBook to rename files with Box Drive. So I've stuck with box sync for now. But it would be nice if Box Drive would let me rename files easily.
2. I noticed is sometimes when you preview a file it sometimes takes time to load. It's sometimes faster just to open the file to view it which doesn't make sense when a preview should be faster.
3. I noticed is that the name length view is fixed when viewing on the box cloud. Therefore if you have a lot of files in a folder with the same name but different ending, you see all the files with the same name because the end of the filename is truncated. So you aren't easily able to see a specific file other than clicking one the files. At least have a feature where you hover your mouse over the file and it displays the full name of the file or something. It shouldn't require extra clicking just to find your files.
4. It does have a max file size of 5GB

Phoebe T.
Secteur d'activité: E-learning

Great for Team Accessibility

Publié le 06/04/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Box is user-friendly which has allowed my team and I to overcome problems of needless time consumption. Research projects take up a lot of time because of the amount of data that needs to be uploaded and analyzed. However, Box has enabled my team to effectively work together and independently while maintaining the ethical guidelines of research.

Avantages

As a tutor and a researcher, I love being able to upload videos of lesson plans and lectures so that my team and those I am working for are able to look back on what I said. Another thing I love about Box is how you can share multiple files with anyone you want and you are able to view who has downloaded something to maintain privacy and confidentiality. Box is especially useful for big groups of people. Everything is extremely accessible and easy to learn how to use. I recommend Box to my colleagues in research who want a safe way of maintaining confidentiality in research projects.

Inconvénients

I do not have any problems with Box so far and I have been using Box for most of my college experience. I have used it for research, tutoring, and collaboration projects.

Hayley G.

My Life Saver

Publié le 22/02/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Amazing. Box has helped transform my organization into a fully functioning team. We use this ALL the time. Any questions? Look on Box.

Avantages

Box is honestly one of the greatest organizational tools out there. I use Box several times a day for all of my documents. Box has all major servers (Word, Excel, Notes, ect.) and you can upload anything to it! It also updates with real time and allows several viewers/editors at a time. This has been a MUST during executive meetings. We can also upload any music, video or picture files to share, which is essential for our industry. The ability to make several folders and organize data well is the key to using Box. I have almost transitioned out of using Google Docs completely.

Inconvénients

Honestly, the only issue I have with box is sometimes there are loading issues when working on a file with the desktop. Also I can't find a way to delete old files that have been shared with another person that I don't want anymore.

Narasimhan (nari) S.
Secteur d'activité: Recherche
Taille de l'entreprise: 1 001-5 000 employés
Traduire en français

Excellent enterprise class cloud storage and workflow integration software

Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 03/12/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Mostly it is a very stable and secure cloud backup tool, great for workflow and content management in groups.

Avantages

I used it and introduced it to my research group when I was in grad school few years back. We also ended up getting a larger size account to fit our needs. University purchasing handled the financial side of it, but I'd like to think our recommendations for enteprise scale buys were taken heed.
BoxSync when used in conjuction with a box account does a great job of doing automatic backups on the cloud, that also help in access from different computers/collaborators simple.
It can handle large file sizes (5 GB file upload limit) for most work, has excellent integration with word processing for online document editing. Note, I have not tried very large single file uploads yet, the largest has been a movie file of 750 MB.
Recently they added notes feature which is useful for commenting while sharing files.

Inconvénients

I dont know if they ever had a referral program unlike dropbox. No other major drawbacks as a user. By default, it sends a lot of emails whenever anything is changed in the folders. turning off that feature took a while to figure out for me.

Secteur d'activité: Comptabilité

10/10 File Sharing Solution - Internal and External

Publié le 18/11/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

It has been excellent - the customer service is also fast if there are any outages (very rare) affecting our uploads/syncing. It has saved us numerous amounts of bandwidth and has encouraged our employees to save files to Box for redundancy purposes and not to store items directly on their desktop.

Avantages

The ease of use of spinning up Box folders and collaborating among internal employees or external clients/customers. The granular permission settings within each folder allow the administrator ("owner" or "co-owner") help regulate privileges from editing, to downloading, and reading which is a great tool when looking to share with multiple parties at different levels. We stopped sending attachments via e-mail (not secure) and simply use Box now to point toward a Link where the file is located. If you don't have access to the link, you are unable to see the file. Our employees and customers love this feature and it keeps everyone involved and access privileges in check.

Inconvénients

When using Box Drive, it can be a bit slow to sync when creating new folders, or modifying file names, directly on the desktop application (recommend using the Box web site), however, this is extremely minor. we have had many successes using Box and have not even considered exploring any other solutions for over 5 years.

Staci T.
Secteur d'activité: Marketing et publicité
Traduire en français

The best cloud storage on the web!

Publié le 30/09/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

One of the best continual investments we've made with the company. This platform has single-handedly help us acquire new clients and projects, thus increasing the bottom line.

Avantages

This is the most robust cloud storage platform on the web. Having been a client for over 10 years, there has been continued improvement to accessibility and security from the company. The ease of accessing files and sharing with others is second to none.

Inconvénients

Absolutely nothing was below par. We love it and continually use it daily. Even the mobile app is fantastic!

Jolie H.
Secteur d'activité: Vente en gros

Organized and accessible

Publié le 25/09/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Box allows us to work collaboratively with teammates all over the world, both inside and outside our organization. The workflow is very smooth and we are able to make live updates to documents we work with regularly. The experience has been very positive and a big improvement over what we were using previously

Avantages

Box has great storage capacity and many useful tools for editing and syncing items. It's a very flexible, scalable tool

Inconvénients

We rely on Box so much that on the few occasions that it has gone down temporarily, we have been stuck until it's come back online. The good news is that this has happened only once or twice in 3+ years.

Kalina B.
Taille de l'entreprise: 1 001-5 000 employés

Very straightforward

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 23/09/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I use Box Sync pretty much for two purposes, though perhaps they're not the target use cases the developers had in mind!

1) I use it to send files to myself between computers. I have a desktop and a laptop, and it's a convenient way to share large files between the two. For small files, I often use email, but that has size limits. With Box, I can just upload a file on my laptop, then immediately go to my Desktop and download it. Easy peasy! It's even more convenient than using a flash drive.

2) I use it for sharing collaborative files, i.e. PowerPoint presentations that I'm giving with multiple presenters. It's not perfect, but it's the best way that I've found for keeping large PPTs, with multiple presenters, in sync (when I want to use PowerPoint and not Google Slides). I coordinate with the other people so that only one of us is working at a time, and when the one person is done and their changes are uploaded, the next person can take a turn at making edits. PowerPoint does have "auto-sync" functionality but I've found that using this Box method is even better!

Avantages

The software is very straightforward to use. It's a simple interface. In its most basic form, it's just a place you can upload, download, and share files.

If you are a (slightly) more advanced user, you can set up "Box Sync" so that a folder on your computer automatically syncs with Box. This is awesome to use as an automatic backup!

Inconvénients

There's not much to dislike, but if I had to nitpick, it takes too menu menus and clicks to do things like (1) delete a file, (2) share a file, and (3) sync a file/folder. These are pretty much the only three things that I ever want to do, but they are hidden behind like 3-4 clicks and menu options.

Secteur d'activité: Services et technologies de l'information

Reliable, Safe, Cloud Storage

Publié le 12/09/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I have been very happy with Box. I have had not issues that I can think of. Box Sync is being phased out [YES!] in favor of Box Drive, which is their new file streaming service. I love how even though with Box Drive, the files are not actually on my computer, they are available instantly as needed. It is the exact same feature, but much better implemented in my opinion than OneDrive Files On-Demand and Google Drive File Stream provide.

Avantages

Ease of use. It is simple, whatever is in your Box Drive folder is what is on Box. It is very easy to share files with others. Files are safe, and I would recommend them to anyone.

Inconvénients

Some users have to use a secure DAV connection, and Box severely throttles DAV connections. Moving files around using this takes a lot of time, BUT it does work for now.

Zahra H.
Secteur d'activité: Conseil en gestion

Stable Storage Solution

Publié le 28/08/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Its good, overall i have no complaints.

Avantages

Its a stable solution. The free plan was good but we moved to Business because that's what we needed it for. So the mobile apps are good, desktop sync is instant and there are no hiccups involving security, privacy, sync, uploads and management

Inconvénients

You can't really move your main folder of storage once it has been set up. I initially wanted it on Drive D, now I wish to move it, but Box doesn't allow it. I will need to uninstall and then reinstall the whole damn thing for the shift to take place. Dropbox didnt have this problem. Yes I use both.

Leonardo F.
Secteur d'activité: Marketing et publicité
Traduire en français

Great for Content Marketing on Startups!

Publié le 26/06/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

When we started our business a few years ago, we did not have enough capital to spend on tools or rather we wanted to invest in more important equipment. That is when I got introduced to Box. Their product quality and security are as good as Dropbox. We never had a security breach or lost a file, and since we offer content marketing services, the number of files we upload and download monthly is too many.

Avantages

The speed to download and upload every single file

Inconvénients

It is not as good as Dropbox, but if you are starting your business and want to save a good amount of money it is an ideal choice.

Sadaf G.
Traduire en français

One stop cloud for all your syncing, sharing and collaborating needs

Publié le 03/04/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Box is an online cloud-based content management software that is particularly helpful when you need to store, edit and share all your data and documents from one place. We have a business account with Box and have been using the same since more than a year. It is fairly simple to use, with updates coming out once in a while showcasing new features. The software interfaces seamlessly with the office suite (Office 365 or others), therefore allowing users to use it via their computer, and not necessarily through the website or app. However, it does consume tons of storage space on your computer, therefore I'd definitely recommend only syncing the files to be used rather than syncing all folders you're collaborating on.
Box is undoubtedly a great tool for virtual teams collaborating from different locations as sharing, uploading and syncing data is simple and stress-free. My team and I literally work through Box all day, and are always on the same page when it comes to our projects, as each one of us can view the other's uploaded documents on Box and continue working on the same. Additionally, managing and filing documents in one secure storage have become uncomplicated. For us, it reduces the chances of repeating the same work and error. of course, error; and also saving precious time not looking for files and folders all over.

Avantages

Box allows users to upload all kinds of files of different formats (documents, images, video, drawing packages, zipped folders etc.) to its webpage (or app on phone/tablet) with ease. These uploaded documents can be shared with relevant team members, while also keeping them private from others where necessary. Shareable with the help of the link, Box files are easy to update, one can either edit in the browser itself or download to do the same. It is easy to track the activity of users, like who has viewed, downloaded and edited the files. This is a great tool when collaborating with colleagues through the web as all changes in a particular document/content are updated in real time and everybody working on that project can track changes and updates.
I consider Box to be a reliable, simplified and secure software that I am able to utilize abundantly on a daily basis with my team. It is accessible anywhere and everywhere with a stable internet connection. One can simply drag and drop files and folders to Box and it will get uploaded instantly. This works wonders when you are out of office (for example, site or travelling) and your team needs to access the documents you've been working on or vice versa.
Also, it is possible to have Box sync (as a standalone app) set up on your computer and aids easy syncing without the need to log in every time.

Inconvénients

When compared to its competitors (Google Drive/OneDrive), Box does look a bit unappealing owing to its price tag. It offers four plans, the most inexpensive one being Standard (for personal use I presume), followed by Business, Business Plus and Enterprise. Small and medium-sized firms can make do with the average priced Business and Business Plus offerings. However, I don't think that I would invest in it if for my personal use.
Secondly, for files such as .dwg and .rar do not open as a preview and have to be downloaded for viewing. This poses a problem for me as I have to review large drawing packages and downloading them just for review is quite a hassle. Would love if these little aspects are fixed for the upcoming updates.