Avis sur Constant Contact

Constant Contact

Email campaign creation and management for small businesses

4.1/5 (484 avis)

Easy to use, great for contact management, but terrible customer service

Publié le 25.11.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

The email analytics and reports are great.

Avantages

I use CC to to manage our large contact database and to send out email updates. It is great for segmenting our list -- from general interest to communications to fundraising. The automated features are great, especially that it will not allow the same email to appear in the same inbox twice. It also merges duplicate contacts. We use it across the entire organization. Constant contact is great for merging duplicate contacts, updating your address book, giving a reliable open rate and thorough reports, and allowing you to segment large email lists.

Inconvénients

When uploading additional contacts, CC wants to see how they actively subscribed. This can be problematic when uploading an older email list (i.e. you may just have a spreadsheet of The List and they want to see more evidence). Additionally, it is a little pricey compared to competitors such as MailChimp. It would be great to be able to export email campaigns as HTML.Be extremely careful when importing contacts. Constant Contact wants to see how they actively subscribed. Sometimes it is hard to prove this when you have entered information for people you have an established relationship with, or if they verbally requested to be added. Constant Contact wants to actually see the (paper) sign-up sheet. This is unachievable for businesses/groups that have been around long enough to have established an email list based on personal relationships or when importing business cards. As for the design, sizing images can be difficult when you are using a self-designed template. As for the contact management services, representatives have very little technical knowledge and don't seem to understand marketing techniques used within certain industries.

It keeps getting better!

Publié le 27.02.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Constant Contact is the standard for email marketing, and you can see why! It allows you to quickly upload your email contacts and create professional email marketing. We've been able to see how many people open each of our email campaigns, and which campaigns are most successful, making future marketing more targeted.

Avantages

Love the ease of use - whether you want to send a quick email using a premade template, or customize every part of your message, Constant Contact gives you the tools. It's easy to find what you need, and you don't need to know anything about pixel size or the HTML color codes to create professional emails.

Constant Contact just introduced A/B testing, so you can better gauge the headings and send times that get your audience to open the emails.

Constant Contact is a very solid platform - I've yet to see any service outages, or experience any features that feel buggy, unstable, or like they're still in beta testing. If you have access to a feature on Constant Contact, you know that it will work.

Inconvénients

It's difficult to manage old campaigns. Want to see what your message was last time, what template you used, or how long ago you sent an email to a particular group? Good luck - you'll be scrolling through pages of old campaigns by hand.

At this time, you can't run reports to compare the percentage of opens/click-throughs per recipient group, or to compare how various keywords or send-times compare. To really analyze your marketing approach, you'll have to extract this data by hand.

Some of the updates (i.e. A/B testing, custom template options) have been available to users of free competitor services for years. It would be nice to see Constant Contact take a more proactive approach to innovation and updates.

Easy To Use, But Graphics/Look Has Early 2000s Vibe

Publié le 09.01.2018
Provenance de l'avis

Avantages

It is very simple to use! The navigation is simple :) It really couldn't be any easier for a first-time user to figure out. A kid could definitely use it without any guidance (provided that they can read). I really enjoy using it, so that's a plus. I also love that you can view how many emails were opened , even who opened them and what they clicked on! As a marketing person, that's the greatest gift ever. Real data you can see, use and understand. Sadly, not all marketing products offer that. But Constant Contact does! And they do it well.

Inconvénients

Most of the templates end up looking sort of outdated. I describe it as "an early 2000s vibe." They could really use a face-lift to make them more attractive. That's honestly the only thing I don't like about it. Everything else is super great! Wish they'd adapted a more Mailchimp-esque look for all of their products. I think they would crush the competition if they changed up the look a bit.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Constant Contact allows me to share our business marketing material in a rapid and professional mann

Publié le 03.10.2017

Avantages

Contant Contact makes it easy for us to send a quick e-mail out to our members. They have everything set up for you, so that you can upload a document, image, and/or video. I love that they give you the option to change the background colors and schedule days and times for the e-mails to be sent out. I love how reliable this software is when it comes to importing contacts and making sure our clients receive the emails on time, I love the statistics it provides us. That has definitely helped our organization improve. Constant Contact is the way to go!

Inconvénients

The new update is a little more time consuming. I have been using Constant Contact for 2 years and getting used to the new update has been a bit frustrating. I also wish there were more templates for the buttons. Such as "click here for more", "register here" and etc. I think that would be a great addition.

Support client

I have managed the Constant Contact email/events account for a small not-for-profit in DC for years.

Publié le 18.03.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Constant Contact allows us to easily manage our email contacts and lists. It has saved us time by providing email templates that we can customize to our brand.

The reporting the tool provides also gives us the intelligence we need to see if our list is growing or shrinking.

Avantages

Great tool for a small business or organization to communicate with supporters and customers. Very easy to manage contacts and lists. Countless email templates provided, plus it is easy to create your own templates.

Out of the box reporting on opens, click-thrus, opt-outs, and more are highly intuitive.

Inconvénients

Tool does not offer marketing automation functionality, as in -- if an email is opened, but the desired action is not taken, automatically send a follow-up email in two days or if the email is not opened, automatically send a follow-up email with a different subject line and different customized content in a week.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Constant Contact provides email analytics for your business!

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 06.04.2018

Avantages

Constant Contact offers marketing tools via email for both users and administration. Constant Contact supplies users and administrators customization of emails. Constant Contact provides various options such as reporting, registering, campaigning, and customer feedback. Constant Contact has integration of software applications such as Word Press, Formstack, Facebook, MindBody, Outlook, HootSuite, and Salesforce. Constant Contact offers email marketing templates.

Inconvénients

Plans of services not provided on the Constant Contact site. Variations of information may not appear as clearly in the mobile application as oppose to the windows application. Within the editor tool, inserting inline images may not appear depending on the file type. As an administrator or user, attempting to cancel services may not transpire as quickly but the Constant Contact team is working towards a resolution. Constant Contact displays a limited number of archived reports as it relates to email analytics.

Support client

Easy to use, but can be very restrictive

Publié le 15.12.2017
Provenance de l'avis

Avantages

I used ConstantContact for more than just e-mail; I used it for events management and online surveys as well. So the fact that it was kind of an all-in-one tool for us was very beneficial versus having to swap between a different program for CRM, for event management, for reviews, and email updates. The platform was easy to use and you could get things set up in a matter of minutes. It also had great analytics and tracking reports.

Inconvénients

The customer service was pretty dreadful. While they tout "customizable" templates, they are extremely restrictive in what you CAN do. Essentially you can piddle around with some basic HTML and change colors, otherwise, you're pretty stuck with the templates they provide you. The price is also high for what is offered.

5.0/10

Excellent tool for email marketing.

Publié le 18.01.2018
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

For the price, this program provides an excellent tool for organizations that focus on email marketing campaigns. If your needs are focused around email marketing, this is certainly the program to consider.

Avantages

This software worked well for our email campaigns, but it lacked some features that were specific to the growing needs of our organization. We definitely would have stayed with this software if it would have met all the needs of our organization as we grew in size and function. The templates were easy to customize, and the emails always looked very professional. I also liked how the emails were tied into the registration page and the final reports.

Inconvénients

This is not an easy program to learn how to use. It's easy to make mistakes, especially when learning the program. Thank goodness for the excellent tech support provided. Their skilled and friendly tech support makes up for the difficulty learning the software. Their tech support is the main reason I would encourage others to consider using this software because of the steep learning curve. They fixed many problems for me, and they were always eager to help!

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Great email marketing for small business

Publié le 01.12.2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall the Constant Contact tools are easy to use and very professional. We are a mid-sized financial institution that sends around 14 to 28 thousand emails per week. When I came into my role we had been using Constant Contact for a number of years. However, I felt that we had outgrown its capabilities. The platform is primarily for small businesses and some of the features were lacking for what we needed. Specifically, the ability to create separate subscription lists. That said, the customer service is amazing and if you live/work in the Boston area then there are always training seminars going on.

Avantages

Great customer service. Whenever we encountered problems with data uploads/downloads or other situations, the phone support was quick to answer and very knowledgeable. Inexpensive for the quality of email platform. Great for small businesses.

Inconvénients

Not catered towards mid to large organizations selling multiple products and services. Unable to created multiple lists for product or services with the option for recipients to unsubscribe from just the one list (unsubscribes from all).

Great For Large Contact Base

Publié le 30.08.2016

Avantages

Constant Contact does a great job of managing multiple groups/list and lots of contacts. I've worked with clients who have a large customer base and Constant Contact allows managing large amounts of group/lists and allows you to manual remove unsubscribers and errors. They are rolling out a new version of their email builder, but the older version does allow custom css coding per block which really allows customizing their templates.

Inconvénients

There are a lot of quirks within Constant Contact that I haven't seen in Mailchimp, specifically with using external links for photos and links. The actual editing of text and links within the email builder is quirky and has some issues. Also, the new search feature for previous emails is really slow and takes a long time to find previous emails unless you create folders for all your emails.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

This is a great product for mass emails!

Publié le 05.01.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We use Constant Contact on a regular basis. Once we had created several templates, it's simple creating an email! We also utilize design programs like Canva to increase our creativity.

Avantages

Once your templates are created it makes it easier. You can send to lots of people at one time - making 10,000 emails to go out super simple. In addition, they can remove themselves and CC doesn't send again without their permission. We love seeing who viewed, clicked through the email or even forwarded it on!

Inconvénients

You can't attach a name to several emails - this is an inconvenience. I feel as though there are random glitches quite often and that can be time-consuming.

Easy To Use Email Marketing Tool

Publié le 28.04.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Email marketing tool for top of mind & conversion.

Avantages

Constant Contact is really easy to use - it's features of templates, integrations and customizability for automation and sequences is a real boom for businesses to maintain customer contact - to stay on top of mind and influence their behaviour - while not taking too much time doing it - is awesome. The list management features of tags help you slice & dice your lists to ensure that they are catered to with great customized message.

Inconvénients

It can get really expensive for very large lists, especially when compared to various newer alternatives. The editor can at times be frustrating as you cant fix a small niggle like a space between elements and the test email looks different from the actual broadcast email. List management features like a dashboard with data & analysis of the list of the number of people who are frequent viewers, frequent clicks, non-openers, etc are really useful to take a look at what is happening to the list & its health.

Drag and drop simplicity

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 07.06.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I was able to cheaply design a custom program for a website that tracked client progress, sent weekly accountability reminders and instructions. One person doing the work of 3? Constant Contact was able to make that happen.

Avantages

The drag and drop format for building an email template is perfect for non-web design/developers. No HTML needed here. Also you are able to resize photos just by dragging the corner. I like how simple it is to design an email and see just how it looks as you go. New social media management - I haven't tried it yet but I'm excited about this great feature!

Inconvénients

Limited (or only one choice) of how the sign up form looks and what options are included on sign-up. Unable to create custom triggers. Need more options on how to view data received by surveys, and how those surveys are linked back to contacts.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Mostly great. Easy to access and send out quickly. Been using it for years and years.

Publié le 05.12.2017

Answered in my review.

Avantages

I love that I can set a template and just keep going back to it over and over and just make the changes I need to make.
The send time it relatively short so I am able to get a message to my customers pretty quickly.
I use Constant Contact several times a week.
Adding in new emails is quick and easy too!

Inconvénients

There is no way to set an email to send as a recurring email. So every month I have to re-create my Monday/Tuesday eblasts separately, one for each Monday and Tuesday, sometimes up to 10 separate emails. While I don't have to re-do the actual emails I have to copy them and schedule them separately. Long, pain in the back process.

I have trouble with spacing sometimes. As in, I set the spacing between words, then hit enter and it changes. No way to get it to stay where I want it.

Not a lot of cool fonts to work with but it is possible to create a document in Word using cool fonts and then copy and paste that in.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

A good program, but a b it costly for what it is

Publié le 17.05.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Everything was in one place for our event management and communications regarding the event.

Avantages

Simple to use. It was almost a "drag and drop" type of format with a little more flexibility. We used the email, events, and polls/surveys features.

Inconvénients

I used it at a previous company, so I'm not sure if this is still an issue or not: I had a heck of a time with trying to use any sort of HTML formatting.
Another issue I had was that the email send outs were very sporadic. I wouldn't always get notifications I should've.
Purely a cosmetic complaint, but the Event pages don't look modern/are kind of clunky looking.

7.0/10

Price Increases & Lack Of Contact Management Tools Mar An Otherwise Good Product

Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 04.04.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Easy to create and manage basic email lists and campaigns.

Avantages

Relatively easy to use for basic functionality. I can easily set up multiple email lists and create email campaigns. To their credit, Constant Contact has improved the layout and library tools over the years (I've been using the product for almost 10 years). However, the contact management tools are lacking (see below).

Inconvénients

Two key drawbacks. First, they keep raising the price without adding any real additional value. Yes, the layout and library tools have improved. But really those improvements should be to keep up with technology and competition. Also, storage is always getting cheaper. So why the price increases? Worse, they experimented with ads to users a few times. Second, they lack good tools to manage your contact database to minimize your total contacts and save money. You pay by how many total contacts you have. Unfortunately, CC makes it difficult to cull the contacts who have not been opening your emails. Why is there no simple tool "Show me anyone who has not opening my emails during the last year?" Instead, I have to tediously cull my contact list by hand, or download misc. lists into Excel. I don't know if the competitor (Mail Chimp) is better, but I'm getting very tempted to check...

7.0/10

Great resource for online marketing and event management!

Publié le 09.02.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I've been using Constant Contact for multiple organizations for about 10 years. For email marketing with additional features (e.g. surveys) I believe it's the gold standard. The contact management is very easy to learn and navigate. There are many templates for emails, and many customizable features.

EventSpot is not quite as friendly, especially for users with a large number of events. There are many good features, although some vary slightly from the pure email marketing functionality and the new way they list events needs changes.

Avantages

Excellent Customer Support, great features and functionality.

Inconvénients

Event Spot was changed, making it harder to find your events from a list.

Very restricted custom edibility

Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 19.04.2018

Avantages

For the newer templates, it's simpler and easier to edit using visual editor (not custom HTML coding). Also they updated to where we can now upload more than 5 images for free. Good contact list management with tags.

Inconvénients

I'm not sure about the latest templates, but the ones I've worked on are responsive, which I'm surprise to see how behind Constant Contact is to other competitors.

My biggest issue is their templates are very restricted. I have no way of adding @media queries into CSS. Some codes get ignored or deleted, and there are so many issues with bugs in coding in Constant Contact that haven't resolved for YEARS. Others are complaining in online forum, but those issues aren't taken care of. For example, bullets get converted to asterisk.

Their templates before my edits came back with bugs and issues of display in Outlook. Had to contact customer service. The person was nice enough to work on coding with me, but I have lost so much time. The issues were solved, but then the other part that was working fine wasn't the same with the new fix.

Also, I have noticed that they updates systems/functionalities occasionally. This has caused breaking my existing templates which I spent days fixing bugs so it displays over most of email clients.

6.0/10

Great tool for growing your list!

Publié le 20.07.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

It took a complicated task and dumbed it down enough so that even I could use it. I'm a content creator, not a tech person, so I want to focus on my writing and not the tech side of running a online business.

Avantages

Easy to use and setup, even for a novice (which I was when I started). Started with zero subscribers, and now have nearly 8K. They are the only provider I've ever used.

Inconvénients

If I had to pick one thing if was the fact that I could only store some many images for the base fee that I was paying (I think it was five). That was a minor issue for me though, as I made it work with what I had.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Constant Contact gets the job done, but will cause some headaches and frustration.

Publié le 16.04.2018

Avantages

I've been using constant contact daily for the last 3 years. Overall, it is what you want out of a email marketing system. The automation functionalities are fine, and the templates that you can choose form are pretty vast. It's an easy to learn platform that gets the job done.

Inconvénients

I often run into an issue where my template and my test emails look different. Sometimes there is a space that cannot be fixed, or a gap that I can't delete. It can be very frustrating when you want something to look a certain way.

4.0/10

Corporate Marketing Automation for Small Business

Publié le 09.03.2015

Avantages

Creating top of mind awareness is a challenge for every business, but more so a small or start-up business. Constant Contact provides world class delivery and a complete package of diverse and badly needed marketing tools. Perhaps the most powerful is the ability to automate email marketing, something previously left to marketing departments in large organizations. Now a small business can sustain their marketing to a target audience over time with no day to day maintenance. It's also easy to share your content across the most popular social networking platforms.

Inconvénients

While you can automatically share email distributions across Facebook and Twitter, the appearance of the post is rather primitive. So pay attention to the post title (it can be modified to capture attention) and the image used.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

User friendly email marketing platform with useful campaign tracking tools and a simple interface.

Publié le 07.12.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Easy to use email marketing platform with a professional looking interface and excellent reporting features.

Avantages

Constant Contact is one of the best email marketing platforms because it offers a variety of built-in templates. It even indicates which templates will display correctly on mobile devices. The templates are easy to customize in Constant Contacts editor. Creating, uploading, and managing contact lists is also very simple. The contact manager allows you to assign tags to contacts to track how they signed up for your email list, how long they have been a subscriber, etc.

Inconvénients

If you are looking for an email marketing platform that offers marketing automation, pass on constant contact. It does offer a basic automation for the first few interactions with customers but, does not allow you to adjust your marketing to your customer's specific actions.

6.0/10

Constant Contact is among the best email marketing services available. But it still has its flaws.

Publié le 12.06.2017
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

Overall, a good service that is above the rest of the email marketing software that is available.

Avantages

Constant Contact is easy to use and intuitive. You are able to create beautiful emails with ease, as well as customize email templates to suite your marketing needs.

Inconvénients

Constant Contact is often glitchy. While you are in the email editor, it will sometimes revert back to a previously saved version. It is also often difficult to format your emails the way you would like them i.e. picture placement, text wrapping, etc.

Simple as Pie

Publié le 06.07.2016

Avantages

I've been using Constant Contact for almost 10 years. We had a modest mail list when we started with CC, but we slowly converted many of those customers as email popularity grew. Constant Contact made the transition easy, and continues to make other updates to marketing trends painless as well. I especially like the seamless incorporation of posting to social media. Saves a lot of time, and allows you to run very cohesive campaigns.

Inconvénients

I just always swallowed and paid the bill for the service. Maybe with the new rollout of more an a la carte service the price will flatten out? I also had issues with sizing and placement images from time to time, but nothing I couldn't work around.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Wouldn't give this up for anything!

Publié le 14.02.2018

Avantages

Very easy to use. Intuitive user interface. Many templates to help make the perfect email for any type of business. Lots of data available to measure open rates, click-throughs, etc.

Inconvénients

I can't say much against this product. It has helped us grow our business immensely. Years ago we had issues with their algorithm thinking we sent out too much spam but they fixed that, as we only send out to people who have opted into our email messaging.