When I Work

4,5 (1 079)
Planification du personnel, gestion du temps, communication et gestion des absences

(1 079)
Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

When I Work est un logiciel de planning

Publié le 20/09/2023

La planification en temps réel de When I Work est très efficace

Inconvénients

La fonctionnalité de gestion du temps doit être améliorée

Hi Laureine,

Thank you for your time in sharing this review with us.

We are glad to hear that you're finding the scheduling feature to be an efficient option for your workplace.

If there is any specific feedback or issues you're encountering with Time Clock & Attendance, we'd certainly be happy to help. Feel free to submit a ticket at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/ to connect with our Customer Care Team.

Thanks again for your time.

Chelo

Issifou
Issifou
  • Secteur d'activité : Médias de diffusion

Gestion de temps

Publié le 18/09/2023

Avantages

Très facile à utiliser avec un interface conviviale, il permet de gagner du temps, création et modification des horaires des employés

Inconvénients

Il est des fois difficile de planifier la disponibilité en entier

Hello Issifou,

Sarah here from the Care Team at When I Work.

Thank you for taking the time to review the When I Work app and provide your honest and thorough feedback.

We are thrilled to hear that you find the user interface easy to use and that using the software saves you time. That is crucial when running a business!

Regarding planning availability, we would love to hear more about this and any feedback you have. When you have a moment, please submit a ticket to our Care Team by visiting https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/ with any details you can provide. This will enable us to review and track this feedback for future developments.

Thank you, again, for using When I Work and reviewing the features. Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can ever be of further assistance.

Take care,

Florent
  • Secteur d'activité : Internet
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 10 000+ employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 4.0 /10

word

Publié le 25/02/2023

Très utile à utiliser

Très utile à utiliser

Avantages

Très utile pour l'utiliser pratique simple

Inconvénients

Il faut payer tous les mois D d''d'dkdkkd

Bob
Bob
  • Secteur d'activité : Génie mécanique ou industriel

Could not preform my job with out When I Work

Publié le 13/10/2017

I work on small and large project. When I work helps to project how long man power will be tied up on large project, which helps forecasting, cost of labor, project schedule, when we can schedule the next project. On small projects is makes a clear line of communication between the project manager and the field personal, so that everyone is on the same page when it comes to scheduling.

Avantages

Create's a standard line of communication between management and field personnel. Also helps the field personal to be prepared for their next task.

Inconvénients

I work on the road a lot. The program is much easier to schedule personal from the desktop than it is from using the app on a device. Although it does not affect me all the time, it would be nice to see an interface on the device that was more similar to the one on the desk top. At least just for scheduling.

Hey Bob!

Thanks for writing us a review! I am so glad to hear that When I Work makes communicating with your team easier and helps you be prepared for things that come up throughout the day!

Thank you for the feedback as well in regards to the interface on our app. I would agree - working on a desktop is much easier when building the schedule. Hopefully we can make improvements to our app to aid in making the schedule build easier.

Have a wonderful day. :)

Silvia
  • Secteur d'activité : Informatique et sécurité réseau
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur

User and Mobile-friendly Scheduling at a Glance

Publié le 13/09/2023

My overall experience has been great. Customer service is always generally available or responds in a timely manner.

Avantages

It's the ease of use. You don't have to be particularly tech-savvy to understand the ins and outs of this app.

Inconvénients

The schedule time input might be a little tricky sometimes.

Hi Silvia,

Lexie here with the Customer Care team at When I Work, thank you for sharing this feedback on your experience with When I Work!

Should your Users ever run into any trouble accessing their account, my team is always available to help troubleshoot. Employees are more than welcome to submit a ticket here -https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/

We appreciate valuable feedback like this as we consider improvements to our product and are always happy to be open to suggestions!

To keep informed of any future updates, When I Work does provide updates on product releases through the link below!

If you have further feedback or other suggestions, please do not hesitate to reach back out!

Lexie

Rick
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant 6 à 12 mois

When I work Review

Publié le 13/03/2024

Good experience for beginning business. Works great until you are ready for more!

Avantages

The ease and the simplistic nature of the program.

Inconvénients

Lack of additional features available like real time sales tracking.

Réponse de When I Work

Hi Rick, Thank you for providing this helpful review!

Amaiah

When I Work Review

Publié le 06/02/2024

Avantages

I enjoy the simplicity in a software that is capable of achieving so many different things.

Inconvénients

The team communication aspect has quite a few bugs that do not seem to ever be fixed. Occasionally, messages and chats will disappear.

Réponse de When I Work

Hi Amaiah, We are glad to hear that you are enjoying the app. Our Customer Care team will definitely want to take a closer look into what you are experiencing. Can you please submit a ticket at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/? We're here to help.

Luis
  • Secteur d'activité : Comptabilité
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

When I Work is the go to time tracking solution I recommend to all my accounting clients

Publié le 25/06/2023

Overall When I Work is a great time tracking solution. It works well, and the report outputs are easy to work with when running payroll. The only thing that could improve is that the sync feature would work with Quickbooks simple start and essentials. Currently the sync function only works with quickbooks plus and above, and not all my clients have a plus level subscription, adding manual entry for payroll.

Avantages

The ability for employees to clock in from their smart phone and the system logging their location is very useful. The chat feature also helps employers to communicate the days tasks quickly.l

Inconvénients

The pricing structure seems to always be changing and every time I recommend it to a new or existing client, the current pricing is different than what my other clients are on. I need to be constantly checking the newest pricing before I recommended and begin setup for new accounts.

QuickBooks Time

Pourquoi passer à When I Work

I have tried other time tracking solutions but they all were a little clunky on the admin side when making adjustments. When I work has a spreadsheet like layout that makes it every easy to visualize and make adjustments.

Hi Luis,

Shab here from When I Work. Thank you for taking the time to write us such an amazing review. Our Customer Care team would be happy to help you out with any questions you may have. Please submit a ticket at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/ so we can provide more assistance if needed.

Thank you again for your review!

Shab

Jamie
  • Secteur d'activité : Vétérinaire
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

Okay for micro-busineses but does not scale well, integrates poorly, and suffers from bad...

Publié le 14/04/2021

The company only offers support by Chat or Email - there is no way to get someone on the phone. I did not realize this when signing up, and find it a maddening waste of time when you have a real problem to solve (and you will have problems!)

Avantages

The Scheduling module works well for our 25-person veterinary practice where staff work rotating schedules. We can set up templates for each group and quickly deploy and tweak the schedule.

Inconvénients

We tried to integrate with Gusto Payroll to streamline time-sheet reporting. It's a mess, and does not often work. It's really hard to troubleshoot because WhenIWork hides all the integration details. For instance you can not see the mapping of employees and their roles/jobs between the two companies. After a while I realize that it's faster to manually type in all the data since troubleshooting this is so time consuming. Plus you can not get support on the phone!

Hello Jamie,

Thank you for your honest review of our integrations and support channels. We appreciate the feedback.

The Customer Care team aims to provide exceptional support through our email and chat channels. We would be happy to continue assisting with any issues you are seeing with the Gusto integration. Please chat in with us or submit a ticket.

All the best,
Tim

• Secteur d'activité : Produits alimentaires
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant Essai gratuit

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

Great software for smaller conpany

Publié le 15/03/2022

I would’ve chosen this app over its competition, if the cost was more competitive. It’s easy to use, it’s intuitive, they focus on their core product which is online scheduling.

Avantages

This is a very straight forward software that focuses on online scheduling. It’s very easy to use. It’s very responsive, and fast. IM feature is very good. Great for communication between staff.

Inconvénients

The cost is quite expensive, as it’s calculated based on number of active employee per month vs a flat fee, so the bigger the company, the more it costs. We have almost 150 employees in total, so it was not the best option for us to use.

7shifts et MakeShift

Pourquoi choisir When I Work

Excel was too basic and I had staff tell me they “did not receive their scheudule” or fail to check their email.

Logiciel antérieur

Microsoft Excel

Pourquoi passer à When I Work

I end up going with 7shifts because it was an overall superior product, and has better value.

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review and share your feedback with us.

We're happy to hear that you were finding the app easy to use and navigate! We strive to provide the very best value through continued product enhancements and outstanding service.

I'm sorry to hear that When I Work did not best meet your business needs. Should your needs change in the future, we'll be happy to help!

Chelo

Ariel
Ariel
  • Secteur d'activité : Restaurants

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Simple software for employee scheduling

Publié le 20/12/2022

Avantages

I like that I am able to see everyone schedule and it will tell me how many hours and how many hours this person has on one specific day and in total. I also like the fact that employees can put in for their days off on the app and then those shifts are available to whoever would like to work them first. I also like the sack that employees can get in contact with all levels of staff and management. It also allows employees to switch shifts, which has been an issue in the past. For one employee will say so and so sad they would take over my shift and this person has no idea what the person is talking about or says no I told him I couldn't do it. When all of it is done on the app you could hold people responsible for training shifts or picking up shifts.

Inconvénients

I think on the scheduling part there could be a little more room. The employee list isn't double spaced and it's a regular size font. I also found creating staff schedules to be a bit of an inconvenience due to the fact that you have to use a cursor to pick a time spot and drag it from one side to another. It can often times be difficult when you're busy.

Réponse de When I Work

Hi there! Thank you so much for your review. We are glad to hear that the Scheduling features are working well for your Workplace. We also appreciate all of your feedback on where features can be improved! We appreciate your input!

Shawna
  • Secteur d'activité : Services et installations de loisirs

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

When I Work is a fantastic tool!

Publié le 07/03/2024

Avantages

I loved the ease of scheduling and notifying staff

Inconvénients

When staff couldn't remember their password it wouldn't let them reset on the app, they had to use a computer

Réponse de When I Work

Thanks for taking the time to review our app, Shawna. We always appreciate hearing new ways that we can improve our product.

Smriti
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant Essai gratuit

Scheduling Made Simple

Publié le 29/03/2024

Avantages

I appreciate how straightforward it is to schedule and access it making it very easy to work around.

Inconvénients

I haven't had much issues yet because we don't extensively use this app.

Hello Smriti,

Sarah here from the Care Team at When I Work.

Thank you for taking the time to review the When I Work app and provide your honest feedback. We are glad to hear that you are enjoying it so far.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Care Team should you ever have any questions or concerns. You can submit a ticket to them by visiting https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/ or by emailing support@wheniwork.com.

Take care,

Erin
  • Secteur d'activité : Produits alimentaires

Scheduling made simple

Publié le 16/03/2020

Overall we have loved using When I Work. It makes scheduling seamless and reduces the amount of time we spend on employee schedules. We also really love the reminders and text alerts as it makes it easy to communicate with our team quickly when things change.

Avantages

When I Work is so easy to use, it is simple to add employees, great for creating shift templates and the chat features and shift drop applications make changing the schedule simple for employees. As a manager these features are awesome as they reduce the amount of time that I spend re-working the schedule.

Inconvénients

The only challenge we have faced is that we don't have access to the task list as we don't pay for this version of the application. We would love to try it out to see if it is a good value add for us.

Schedulefly

Pourquoi passer à When I Work

We liked how easy it was to use, and how many add ons there are included with the basic account.

Hi Erin -

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a lovely review!

I'm so happy to hear features we offer like Shift Swaps & Drops and WorkChat have been so useful for you. It's awesome to hear that scheduling has gotten easier as well!

We'd be happy to discuss our Tasks feature and see what options are available for you. Feel free to submit a ticket at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/ so we can assist!

Again, thanks so much for this lovely review!

Jonathan
  • Secteur d'activité : Événementiel
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 201–500 employés

When I Work Keeps Us Working

Publié le 06/08/2019

WIW is extremely helpful to us at our company because we spend the majority of our day scheduling employees for various events that we run every week. Creating a schedule and assigning employees to it is super simple, as well as keeping a database and logging hours for our employees on site. It's all very user friendly and easy to use/look at. Their customer service team is always there to help and are super friendly. We have had many people who have been added to this platform, and have had no problem learning how to use it. It has been really great for us and helps us run smoothly. They have also been actively engaged with us to help us find solutions to the improvements we have requested.

Avantages

When I Work is a great product that our company loves to use. We love how easy it is to create a schedule and assign employees, and all of the features are very easy to work with and aesthetically pleasing. We also like the ability to keep a detailed database of employees in the system. Their customer service team has been very friendly and are always there to answer our questions in detail. It is also a great platform for time tracking and exporting time sheets every week to send to payroll. Overall, it's the best platform we could have found to help us do what we need to do every day.

Inconvénients

A couple features we wish they had:

- The option to create a preferred list in our employee database (A-list, B-list, C-List, Do Not Call List, etc)
- The option to be able to look at all events at once on the Time Tracker for the day (right now you can only look at one event at a time, which is hard when we have multiple events and sometimes forget which ones are happening in a day)
- To have a log of attendance (who was late, who called out, who was a no show) that is linked to a person's profile so we know who the problem people are (maybe a color coding that's like "green" if they are good on attendance and then gets closer to "red" if they have had several call outs/tardies)
- A way to add the zip code of an event to a schedule/job site that shows up on timesheet exports
- A way to send a crew memo or mass notification ("this shift has been cancelled" or "this shift has had a time change, please confirm") to all or selected crew members via WIW.

Hi Jonathan -

Thank you so much for such a wonderful and thorough review!

We're so happy to hear that you're loving the features we currently offer! I love the suggestions you've shared as well. We are always interested in hearing about your experience with our product and how we could improve.

Again, thank you for your kind word and fabulous review!

Amy
  • Secteur d'activité : Bibliothèques

I've Reviewed Them Before But They Stay Current And Deserve To Be Commended

Publié le 09/10/2020

When I Work has really been great. Gone are the days of me trying to create weekly and monthly calendars and juggle handwritten requests for sick and vacation time. Staff can request through When I Work and I can easily update our schedule. I've saved hours and hours a month being able to utilize the templates as well.

Avantages

When I Work has saved me daily headaches. Public Libraries don't have the funding to implement expensive employee scheduling software. When I Work even offers a free version which we started out with awhile ago but as our staff grew we moved into the paid format. Our library and employee pool has grown and changed, When I Work grows and changes alongside it. They continuously offer new resources and seek to keep ahead of us and just "know" what issues we may have as our staff is in flux.

Inconvénients

The only issue I've seen thus far is a slight problem with the remote ap. Let me first say that having the ability to have an ap at all is great. My staff often is out of the library for programs and if they have an event prior to actual library hours they can clock in from their own phone. The issue that I speak of was mostly in calculating the distance that clocking in was allowed. It took a few tries to make sure that staff can check in, with a decent range, but not be so far from the library that it could be abused by someone wanting to beat the clock when they're late to work.

Réponse de When I Work

Hi Amy! Thank you so much for the kind words! We're glad the app has been a good solution for you and your team. If you ever have any questions, please reach out to us here: https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/, and we'll be happy to help!

Worth Every Penny

Publié le 14/01/2022

Staff empowerment to take control of their schedule and the money saved from the time saved and less errors occurring make this experience worth all the searching for a new system. Also, the customer service is quick and straight to the point!

Avantages

The ease of creating a schedule, distributing it, and letting staff handle their shift swaps or drops has completely empowered our team. The best feature is the 'history' button so that you know where it all began when shifts start with one employee and end with another. No longer do we have to hear, "I didn't know?" or "Who was originally scheduled?" because there's a ledger! Gone are the long, tedious hours of making sure the schedule is correct, every month, due to alternating work sites and schedules. Multi-site employees are never double-booked at different work sites, which is a game changer. Creating employee profiles take less than 60 seconds. Best of all, teaching everyone was not painful as there's a whole video on the website that walks everyone through the basics in less than 15 minutes.

Inconvénients

The print feature is limited to what is offered with no option to change the font, unable to expand the daily roster (daily view is limited to 7 names on paper calendar), and there's no option to print in 2 week segments. This isn't a deal breaker, but the old school needs still exist of having a paper trail (even in PDF form) and due to limited names viewed on any given day, we can't use the feature to it's fullest. If the box for the day could expand to reflect all the names when printing, we'd pay extra!

Réponse de When I Work

Hi there! Thanks for writing us a review! We're glad to hear you are enjoying the app! Feel free to submit a ticket at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/ if you have any questions.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Great scheduling app with tons of features!

Publié le 08/03/2018

Scheduling is EXTREMELY easy! Long gone are the days of paper postings and random email messages. It is VERY nice being able to reference your entire schedule from the moment it is posted, going all the way back to your initial employment. Even those with little to no computer experience can use it fairly easily.

Avantages

It is EXTREMELY easy for the end-user to utilize this software. There are also some pretty good mobile applications that it offers which makes tracking your schedule very easy!

Inconvénients

There are a lot of overly-helpful tips and suggestions that constantly spam the administrators' email accounts and scheduling interfaces. (Essentially the company does this to assist the administrators, but there is no way to stop it, which makes it very annoying after awhile). The mobile application can also be buggy at times, and the website schedule does not work properly on mobile phones that don't have a "desktop view", as the website does not have a mobile version designed for it. This forces you to use the mobile app on mobile devices unless your mobile phone can display it in a "desktop view". On a normal computer interface, this works just fine.

Hi there!

Thanks for taking the time to review our app. We are glad to hear that When I Work is making scheduling easier for you and your team.

If you are having trouble unsubscribing to our emails, please reach out to us at support@wheniwork.com and we would be happy to help get you unsubscribed on our end.

At this time When I Work is only supported on our web app via computer or or on mobile apps on Android and iOS devices. Our team is prioritizing consistency and parity between our web and mobile apps. I would make sure that you have the most updated version of the mobile app for the latest enhancements we have made.

Thanks,

Adrian
When I Work Team

• Secteur d'activité : Mode et vêtements
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant Essai gratuit

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 1.0 /10

Deceptive & misleading pricing practices, little integration, but certainly quite slick.

Publié le 04/04/2017

Avantages

Looks slick, appears to offer a lot (which it does, at a cost, see below...)

Customer support is very responsive - live chat, email, etc. I may not like their answers (see below) but I can't fault their timely attention, their patience, their attentiveness.

1. Pricing Practices

The page at wheniwork.com/pricing says nothing, just that schedulling is free for less than 75 employees (and anything over is a "contact us for enterprise" price, which is fine). Great, I think, I'll sign up, start working with it.

Glad I didn't invest much time. I set up a few employees, downloaded the apps, started working out the wrinkles. And after a few hours of looking, and testing, and reading, it looks good, but...

...then I discover that basic features like scheduling more than 10 days ahead (!) are paid-for. So is time tracking. Etc. That's ok to charge, but not ok to deceive - and there's *no* simple way right now to see a comparison of features and costs before getting signed-up.

And this is not a small bump. You can't bolt-on a little extra. To get a proper working app, the minimum number of users they offer 20 minimum and the time attendance module adds something like 50% on top.

But really it is transparency and deceptive practices that have *really* turned me against this product in a *very* short period of time - and that is *very* sad. If they'd allowed me to choose up front to devote my time, great; but they didn't.

I had to ask support what "long-term scheduling" meant (that being something not included in the free plan). That means more than 10 days... No other warning of that, that I could see. I feel deceived.

2. App Reliability

Others have mentioned glitches. I started working with the iPhone app - it stopped working for some tasks. I contacted support who said it was restricted to my account only, and they would get their developers to look at it. So I stopped using the iPhone app. My wife's Android phone wouldn't recognise her (valid) phone number when accepting a request to log in. So 2 strikes there. Your mileage may vary.

3. Limited Integrations

A few years ago, WIW posted on their Facebook page that they used Xero. Some commented then - why no integration? No answer. Years later, still no integration with Xero. No Zapier integration, either.

The cynic might think that WIW gets kick-backs / referral fees / bonusnes from Quick Books, Gusto, etc. which is why they're the (very limited) integration "partners". There's an API of course, if I had time.

Again, I'd forgive that for a free / cheap deal. But it isn't a free / cheap deal *for a working scheduling solution* - a schedule that doesn't reach into next week is *not* a working schedule.

So, yes, I'm annoyed. I feel like I've wasted my time. I feel like I've been deceived. I feel like I signed-up and invested time based upon what is almost a lie. And that sucks - not least because it was so needless. The product isn't awful, the pricing (whilst I may not like it) isn't the worst out there. The limitations are limitations, but every product has some.

And that, really, is sad.

The silver lining is that the free plan only launched yesterday. So perhaps they'll think again about the offering. And my experience is unlikely to be the same as that people had before me. But it is what it is today - so much so that I've signed-up for GetApp just to leave this review.

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I'm sorry this is not a more personalized response but it appears you have not listed your name, title or company in your GetApp review.

As you said, we did just launch our free plan. We hope that many small businesses, including those like you in the apparel and fashion industry, will find value in being able to schedule their employees 10 days in advance and notify them electronically rather than printing out Excel spreadsheets that require their employees to come into a physical location to see their schedule or call a coworker who is currently working to find out when their next shifts will be. As with any new launch, we will continue to try to improve and appreciate your honest and thoughtful feedback about the pricing and how it was displayed to you. Our intention is certainly not to deceive or mislead our customers or potential customers.

We are glad to know that despite your perception of the product and its pricing, our Customer Support did what they do best and answered your questions in a timely and attentive manner.

Have a nice day,
Customer Success @ When I Work

• Secteur d'activité : Gestion de l'enseignement
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 2–10 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 2.0 /10

Deceptive billing practices

Publié le 17/02/2020

The software is okay. The program usually does what it should when it is not glitching. After 3+ years of using this product, it came to my attention that we were being overcharged every month. When I contacted customer service, they were unwilling to offer any solution, rather than explaining their confusing billing style. Not even a credit of any sort. The software sells you "user spots" in increments of ten. For a smaller business, there is a big difference between 10 and 20. So, if you have 11 employees, you need to pay for 20. How does that make sense? Even when we had less than 10 employees, we were being charged for 20. Please explain to me how that is not stealing? Their whole system is very confusing. I will be moving on to a new system because I am not satisfied with the customer service I received.

Avantages

It does what it is supposed to - enables us to schedule employees, notify them of their shifts, sends us a text when someone did not clock in or out.

Inconvénients

Their billing practices are very deceptive and not user friendly. They sell you "user spots" in increments of 10. It is very confusing how to downgrade but very easy to upgrade. I urge every customer who uses this program to check their billing to see what they are being charged for. Customer service is not helpful and seems like they are not interested in providing good customer service.

Hello -

Thanks for taking a moment to share some feedback with us.

I'm glad to hear that the software was meeting your needs for your workplace.

I'm sorry for any confusion around our billing processes. Billing is based on spots purchased, not necessarily spots in use. I can see how that may have been confusing, I'm sorry about that. User spots are offered in increments of 10. Allowing the option to select a quantity of 10 is a way to fit many different businesses needs. We've found that offering increments of 10 spots ensures plenty of room for growth before needing to make any billing changes again.

I can see how having a lower increment may be helpful and really appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback.

If you have any additional questions or would like to discuss this further, feel free to submit a ticket at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/

Joey

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Makes my life SO much easier!

Publié le 08/05/2019

Scheduling is a BREEZE!! You just have to try it yourself. There are way too many features that simplify my work load to list. All I know is that my business runs smooth as heck because of WhenIWork.

Avantages

the software is great, but the customer service is OFF THE CHARTS! I wasn't a very tech savvy guy when I first started using WhenIWork, so I was constantly chatting with customer service and they were always extremely helpful, found answers if they didnt know the answers, and sent a handwritten personalized thank you card when I first joined. This is an example of a company that does things RIGHT! I love the scheduler, but also the hire feature, auto-assign, and the work chat allows me to email my entire team (as much as the employees change) without having to update a contact list email.

Inconvénients

My business is strangely specific, so my needs are very specific. WhenIWork covers all the bases for me except being able to load saved shift templates from the mobile app. I can publish them from the mobile app, but I can't load them unless I'm on a computer. Which I am most of the time, so it's not that big of deal. I don't use a few of the features besides the scheduler, but having the options to use HIRE, TIME CLOCK, and other features are very helpful to other business mangers as well.

Hi Joey,

Thanks for such a fantastic review! Your reputation precedes you as a great customer to chat with, I have heard about the balloon pirate ship! We're so glad you're continuing to enjoy When I Work and that it has made running your business smooth!

Terra

Lindsay
  • Secteur d'activité : Gestion de l'enseignement

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

We started using When I Work to do scheduling and time clock for our 130 desk-less employees

Publié le 14/11/2017

It saves us a lot of time. We have 130 college students that work for us and they are always swapping shifts or need a shift off for an exam or something like that. They can do all of that through When I Work and I don't have to be the middle man in any of that anymore. It also helps hold them accountable. It makes them acknowledge their shifts and tells them that they are still responsible for the shift until someone accepts it (and notifies if/when it is accepted). It is nice that they get that reminder every time they need to drop a shift and I don't have to find them and remind them all of the time.

Avantages

We love the fact that our employees can access it on their phones. Our employees are college students, so being able to use it on a mobile device is crucial. Our old program didn't have that functionality. I also like that I can go in and move someone's shift to "open" for any other employee to accept. Since our employees are college students and anything required for a course is excused from work, so it is really nice to be able to go in and move a shift for an employee that has an exam or something like that. I also like that employees have to acknowledge their shifts.

Inconvénients

Two things - I can't go in and schedule just one person. We are on a college campus that operate on quarters. I would like to be able to look at an individual schedule for a certain time period and edit it as necessary, but that functionality doesn't exist. My employees are frustrated with the notifications. It is great that someone can do a "drop shift request" that goes out to all of the other employees, but it is frustrating to get 10 emails about that. We (mainly our hourly employees) wish there was an option to get the notifications in a digest once a day instead an email for every single notification.

Hi Lindsay,

Thank you for leaving a review! It is great to hear that When I Work has been able to improve your scheduling process and save you time.

You have provided great feedback here. I can see how the ability to view/edit an individuals schedule could be a valuable feature. Our goal with the notifications is to keep everyone as informed as possible, but I understand it can be a lot if your schedule has many weekly changes. I will be sure to pass these ideas on to our product team!

Thanks again!

Matt

Ashley
  • Secteur d'activité : Services financiers

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

When I Work Tells Me When I Work

Publié le 31/08/2023

Our employees enjoy being able to see the schedule for the entire organization, as well as breaking down the view into their specific location when needed. They are also notified in real time of any changes that are made, and have the ability to trade shifts with other employees through the app.

Avantages

When I Work allows us to schedule for all of our locations in one place. We love that we can color code each location and positio, making it easy to break the schedule down into various views.

Inconvénients

We once attempted to integrate When I Work's time tracking feature, but there were several issues that could not be corrected for our needs.

Hi there Ashley,

Sarah here from the team at When I Work.

Thank you for taking the time to review the When I Work app. We are thrilled to hear that you love it as much as we do!

I appreciate your feedback regarding the Time & Attendance features not quite meeting your business needs. We are always looking for ways to improve the app and features, and user feedback is the most important factor in those improvements.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Care Team, or direct your team to, by visiting https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/. We are always happy to help!

Again, thank you for this review and feedback. Have a lovely day!

Liz

Fantastic Tool!

Publié le 17/04/2019

I will never go back to the old way. When I Work has revolutionized my work day.

Avantages

I have numerous staff working different jobs at different locations. Previously I was using Excel to schedule them all. Keeping track of days off and their class schedules was next to impossible. Letting the staff request time off and set their availability streamlined the process drastically. Since switching to When I Work my time spent scheduling has been greatly reduced. The mobile app is very helpful for my employees. The ability to designate positions is also very valuable. A large portion of my staff work in a child care setting so there are rules about qualifications necessary for each shift. I can designate which staff have which qualifications so that only eligible staff can be scheduled for a specific shift.

Inconvénients

I don't believe I have any cons. Occasionally when they change or update something it will cause an issue. I contact their customer service and it is corrected immediately.

Hi Liz -

Thank you for this amazing 5 star review!

I'm so happy to hear that the features and options we offer meet many of your business needs and make your job easier!

Availability is one of my favorite features we offer since it helps managers get more time back and empowers employees to manage their time!

Thank you again for this great review!

Brenda
  • Secteur d'activité : Vente au détail

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

The software you didn't know you needed

Publié le 06/02/2020

Overall, I am satisfied with the software. I especially love that they incorporated a lunch break feature and even rolled out the live time clock to help you track your lunch!

Avantages

I've been using WhenIWork for about 3 1/2 years now and the best feature that I enjoy about this software is that I can utilize my phone to track my clock-ins and outs. I travel a bit for my job and being able to clock in at any time without having to jump on a computer is great!

Inconvénients

I love that it gives me a notification when I have an upcoming shift or when I haven't clocked into a shift yet (something you simply forget) but WhenIWork always sends me a notification that I haven't clocked out even when I have clocked out from a shift. I am not sure why it recognizes that I have clocked out but still sends me a notification that I haven't done so. It might just be a personal problem though.

Hi Brenda -

Thanks so much for taking a moment to share feedback with us!

I'm so happy to hear that you're loving the ease of using the app on the go with tracking your time! We're really glad our features like mobile clock in and breaks are so helpful for you!

If you're running into an issue with your notifications, feel free to submit a ticket at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/ so we can assist!

Again, thank you so much for the review!