TestGorilla

Un logiciel de tests préalables à l'emploi pour les professionnels des RH

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

• Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant Essai gratuit

Plateforme d’évaluation des compétences

Publié le 23/10/2023

Avantages

Ce logiciel facilite les sélections des meilleurs partir une grande partie (RH) avec les bons critères de notation.

Inconvénients

Avec ces meilleurs qualités, certains candidats se plaignent du mode de fonctionnement de la plateforme.

Hello Estelle,
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us. We are working on improving the candidate experience, and we are receiving very positive feedback from both companies and test-takers.
I'm very happy to hear you are having a positive product experience so far. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with our Customer Success team if you need any help.

Dina
Dina
  • Secteur d'activité : Hôtellerie

Time Saver

Publié le 25/01/2022

It served it purposes and definitely helped me make two critical job placements in 2021.

Avantages

In a small company I wear many hats and do not have time to set up assessments and tests to get proper review of candidates. This allowed me to set up what I needed to sift through candidates to ensure I was bringing in the proper person for the job.

Inconvénients

I'd like to see the questions the candidates answered.

Réponse de TestGorilla

Hi Dina! Thanks a lot for leaving us your thoughts on TestGorilla :) So glad to hear we were able to help you make 2 important hires in this past year, that's great!

• Secteur d'activité : Produits alimentaires

Challenging Assessments to Filter

Publié le 03/05/2022

Avantages

TestGorilla is actually really good when it comes to challenge applicants to perform really well, as the overall difficulty of the assessments makes the test unforgivable as you have to be like really concentrated. This helps us a lot because it makes the filtering process easier to advance in other steps of the recruitment process.

Inconvénients

The only thing that I think makes the assessment a little bit complicated for the applicants is the full-screen + camera monitoring, for us it's actually really good because it ensures that the test is done by one person, but for the applicant's side, makes them uncomfortable and may affect a little the whole recruitment overall experience.

Réponse de TestGorilla

Hi there, and thanks a lot for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad to hear that you have been able to screen your candidates effectively using TestGorilla. Regarding the webcam - your candidates are always asked for permission to access the webcam before the assessment, and they have the option to refuse if they feel uncomfortable.

Jake
  • Secteur d'activité : Assurance
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 11–50 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an

Bait and Switch

Publié le 19/01/2023

It was my go to system, until I renewed, now I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy. So brutal with customer care and they take take take... stay clear.

Avantages

They changed their billing options to remove features that are critical at the price you are paying and then when the system renews and now you don't want to use the system because it doesn't do what you want it to do they magically can't reverse the charges. They are criminal. Their customer service team is brutal too. They only communicate via email and ad zero value. Don't be fooled.

Inconvénients

They let you start with features you get used to using at a rate that is manageable. Then they change their plans so the features you want to use you have to pay 10 times more for the following year.

Réponse de TestGorilla

Hi Jake, sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience with our team and with our platform. We communicated to all customers in June 2022 about the changes to the PAYG plan that would take effect on renewal. This gave our customers ample time to familiarise themselves with any changes that would impact on their assessments - your plan was renewed in January. Worth bearing in mind that we also added features to the PAYG plan - additional custom questions, intro video etc. If you have further feedback or would like to reactivate your paid account at any stage, please don't hesitate to contact us

• Secteur d'activité : Recrutement

Powerful toop

Publié le 27/06/2022

Over great experience!

Over great experience!

Avantages

The app is easy to use and integrates already a great number of tests and questions ideas. It clearly makes the implementation easy.

Inconvénients

The app misses some flexibility in terms of answer durations, amount of questions, etc.
The candidate review process could clearly be improved (switch from one test to another, avoid popups, etc.).

Réponse de TestGorilla

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to leave us your review, and glad to hear that you are finding the platform easy to use and integrate into your existing process. Welcome to the TG community!

• Secteur d'activité : Services financiers

My experience of testgorilla

Publié le 22/12/2020

Avantages

The user experience is very handy and looks clean

Inconvénients

There’s no feature to add due date for exam

Réponse de TestGorilla

Happy to hear TestGorilla is working well for you! You can't add a due date right now, but you can archive the test when you don't want people to be able to take it anymore (but you'll still be able to see everyone's scores and information). Hope that helps!

Annette
Annette

Billing Error And No Customer Service

Publié le 05/03/2022

I signed up for Test Gorilla at the beginning of February. The Platform itself with the test features is well enough. I can see how it would be very beneficial for Enterprise level businesses. The issue is this. I had a billing issue with their automated system, and no one responded to my multiple chat requests or form submissions. I even sent an email response to an autoresponder from [SENSITIVE CONTENT] who asked for me to share why I canceled my account (I cancelled after I did not receive any communication from the company). My subscription level accommodates two assessments and 100 Candidates. I was charged for a third assessment at the end of the month when I've only used two assessments and have only 4 candidate submissions in my account. It's clearly just a billing error, but I can't reach anyone to rectify it.
Runaway, run far, far away. Not having a customer service department for billing issues is a huge red flag.

Avantages

Tests are thorough. Sorting candidates, creating assessments, are all easy to do. It's a fun platform to work within.

Inconvénients

There's no customer service, particularly with their billing department. There was a billing error with my account, and I couldn't reach anyone to rectify it. Hence, I canceled my TestGorilla account and had to report the additional (billing error) item charged as a fraud charge, as no one would respond to my attempts to reach the company to rectify this directly with them.

Réponse de TestGorilla

Hi Annette, thank you for taking the time to leave detailed feedback on your experience of our product and service. We regret that you didn't experience the quality of service from us that you deserve, and that we expect. We fully recognize that at the time you left the review we were experiencing an unusually high number of support requests leading to longer response times, for a short period. And we understand that it must be frustrating not to understand some of the charges seen in your account. We have been in contact with you more recently to explain some of the charges and process a partial refund for those. Please do not hesitate to contact us again in case anything is not yet resolved and we wish you good luck with your future hires. Tom

• Secteur d'activité : Jeux d’argent et casinos

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Good if you can use it right

Publié le 14/07/2021

It's good enough if you want to upgrade from shared docs.

It's good enough if you want to upgrade from shared docs.

Avantages

The fact that it is easy to share between colleagues, downloadable, time-limited

Inconvénients

Not all questions work for the respective topics. Oftentimes the question can not really assess the candidate

Conrad
Conrad

Test Gorilla Review

Publié le 09/07/2021

Very good - gives us more confidence in our new hires - new hires we have brought on are performing very well.

Avantages

Ease of downloading to excel and PDF files.

Inconvénients

Testing levels are subjective - Intermediate level people end up doing senior level coding reviews for example. Testing levels should mimic the market. for example Python Coding challenges should have the titles of "Junior" "Intermediate" or "Senior". Also - please add more testing for machine learning and AI applications - this is the future and it's already here:)

Marius
Marius

Simple Screening Changed our Hiring Process

Publié le 23/12/2020

Overall it was very satisfactory, you can have your first assessment created, and shared within 10 minutes, and the screening questions, welcome video and anti-cheating functionality is great

Avantages

I enjoyed the simplicity in creating, and sharing the assessments for our business. We created assessments across 2 different concurrent roles, and it was easy to distinguish and work through the setup, sharing and results.

Inconvénients

Not being able to complete the assessments for ourselves, or to establish our own internal benchmarks before sharing with candidates is a challenge.

Réponse de TestGorilla

Thanks for the review, Marius. We're happy to hear that TestGorilla has changed your hiring process! We don't make all of our questions visible in order to protect the validity of our tests so that test takers can't sign up for a free trial and see the test questions in advanced.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Really well thought candidates' test platform

Publié le 01/02/2023

it satisfied my needs for the selection of the candidated for 2 different developing positions without worrying if I had enough knowledge to evaluate the skills of the candidates

Avantages

I found it really helpful for tech roles to select and test the capabilities of the applicants

Inconvénients

I found it difficult to use it in a meaningful way for less technical roles

Réponse de TestGorilla

Hi there, thanks a lot for taking the time to leave us your review. We are glad to hear that you have found it helpful to use TG within your hiring process :) If you have any questions or issues, please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly help@testgorilla.com

Andy

Waste of time and money

Publié le 15/12/2021

It did not go well at all.

It did not go well at all.

Avantages

The user interface is nice and professional. It's easy to administer

Inconvénients

They claim to offer a "free trial where you can test anything". This is misleading - they make it appear you must upgrade your plan (minimum of $300) in order to try the tests. It is not clear you can test premium features without upgrading.

I upgraded so I could try a couple of the tests (Laravel, PHP). I sent the tests to myself and realized they are terrible tests and don't provide any useful screening. So, I tried to use the "custom test" feature but it appeared I needed to upgrade again ($3600) in order to try it. After complaining and requesting a refund, they asked I do a 15-minute call with their CSM to discuss. I agreed with the stipulation that I expected a refund in exchange for my time on the call. After the CSM spent 25 minutes explaining how it was my fault, I got nothing for a refund and wasted a lot of time providing free feedback to them.

In the end, it was a terrible experience, we spent $300 and got 0 value from their platform, they refused to issue a refund, and I wasted a bunch of time providing them feedback and writing this review.

Lastly, they told me they cannot turn off the auto-billing on my account, only I can do that. However, they deactivated my account so I can't login. I guess we'll see if they auto-bill me for next year's subscription.

Réponse de TestGorilla

Hi Andy, thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback..even though it's unfortunate that you didn't feel that TG was the right fit for your needs. We pride ourselves in being a customer focussed company, and we're sorry you didn't enjoy your experience. However, we do feel that it's clear from our website and from the in-platform info that it's possible to test all the premium features and tests for free on internal users, including the Laravel and PHP test and the custom test feature. Please know that you are welcome back to TestGorilla at any time, and we wish you the best of luck with your hiring process!

Daniel

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 4.0 /10

Easy to configure, but quality of the coding tests is not great

Publié le 14/07/2021

We use TG to assess developers after we've had a first interview with them.

We use TG to assess developers after we've had a first interview with them.

Avantages

It's easy to create your own test suite, and selecting predefined tests helps with getting started quickly. I also like the as-they-type code view - it helps to get an idea of how the developer constructs a solution - and I appreciate the automated screenshots (to my surprise all the candidates accepted video captures).
I also like the logical thinking tests, although there's not really a way to see the users responses (this goes for all the questions).

Inconvénients

I found some of the tests to be lacking in quality, sometimes resulting in frustration from the developer, or unhelpful results. For example:
* the advanced SQL test is not a realistic scenario, and only has 2 outcomes: success or failure. It makes it hard to get an idea of the developers grasp of the subject, because it's just 1 giant assignment. If you get 90% right, you score 0 points.
* the Laravel test does not really test the developers ability to use the framework in real life situations, but rather tests for static knowledge.
* I found the PHP tests to be too simple and sometimes just poorly constructed (for example the prefilled function and parameter names are not great)

I also created a custom PHP test, but the outcome verification has a bug, which will sometimes accept wrong answers (error status === true).

I would have liked to see the users responses to multiple choice questions. Because of the randomness in the questionnaires, you don't know which questions they got. It would be helpful to see if maybe a user got dealt a couple of poor questions (and there are a few). It's a shame that (as a paying customer) this information is not revealed.

Tisha
  • Secteur d'activité : Services financiers

New User

Publié le 09/07/2021

Always some room for improvement for every software, however I tested multiple competitors and found TestGorilla to provide the best experience for the assessment taker which was our highest priority.

Avantages

We choose TestGorilla for it's expansive test library and user experience.

Inconvénients

It's fairly new so still developing, looking forward to feature updates in the future.

Criteria, HR Avatar, eSkill et Wonderlic Select

Logiciel antérieur

Prevue Assessments
Muhammad
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

Liked the product, but it comes at a high price

Publié le 25/01/2022

good experience in assessing qualified candidates

good experience in assessing qualified candidates

Avantages

Good tests, ease of use, great customer service

Inconvénients

The price is not clearly stated, it is confusing on why you are charging for assessments, i think you need a clearer pricing module.

you also need to add more business related tests, i was looking for anything in logistics but there is nothing.
The test scoring doesn't allow me to see the actual answers provided and what are the correct answers.

I use manatal for recruitment and it would be great if both solutions can be integrated

Réponse de TestGorilla

Hi Muhammad! Thanks a lot for leaving us your feedback, we appreciate it :) Thanks for your suggestion on the pricing module, that's something I will pass on to the relevant team. Regarding the answers to the test questions; that is something we keep private in order to protect the integrity of our tests. Each test we release goes through a rigorous approval process over a period of months, before they are published. As a result, we believe that it's very important that we protect our tests and their content from being leaked online. We do provide a depth of insight into results and how to analyse the candidates performance, including benchmarking against all other candidates who have taken assessments via our platform.

Hailey
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 201–500 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Very Useful Product!

Publié le 20/07/2022

- Overall, it has been very beneficial to our hiring process

- Overall, it has been very beneficial to our hiring process

Avantages

- Easy to use from an administrative point
- Easy to read results
- Lots of variety in the assessments already made & the option to customize
- Organized nicely: can view all results in the timing they come in or by best score

Inconvénients

- Sometimes candidates aren't granted access so we have to go in on our side to figure out why/ get it resent
- candidates cannot set up their account and then return to it to take the test. From our experience, if a candidate signs up and doesn't immediately take the assessment, they will not be let in when they return to do so. Unclear if it is a system or user error in this example.

Réponse de TestGorilla

Hi Hailey! Great to hear that you have had a positive experience with TestGorilla so far :) Your candidates don't in fact need to create an account to take an assessment, so I would say there is some user error there. If it happens again, you can redirect your candidate to help@testgorilla.com. Welcome to the TG community!

Milla

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Recruiting process made easy

Publié le 31/12/2020

Our company saved a good amount of time and money when we externalized the recruiting to TestGorilla. We were positively surprised by the popularity of our job opening, and it would have been impossible to go through the applications manually as we are a small team. Now all the applicants received a fair chance and we've got an awesome new team member.

Avantages

I appreciate the fact that we were able to modify the Test Gorilla to suit the needs of our company – personalized package that fit with our niche. With over 1,000 candidates it saved me hours and hours of individually going through and evaluating each applicant, and when our process was based on the test results, it really made the process bias-free.

Inconvénients

I have requested for the option to communicate to the applicants via system; to send a group mail for people who were not chosen to continue. I'm sure my feedback has been heard and I will see this feature in the future.

Réponse de TestGorilla

Thanks, Milla! Glad to hear that TestGorilla's flexibility has helped you save so much time!

We currently have a feature to send rejection emails to candidates. (Here's the associated help article: https://help.testgorilla.com/how-do-i-reject-candidates-through-testgorilla). You can also send the assessment results to candidates through the platform. You can do that with the press of a button and decide to which candidates they want to send it. (You can customize the email too.)

We also have a feature to select candidates and perform bulk actions like that on our roadmap.

Thanks again for the kind words!

David

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Easy way to assess the skills of applicants

Have helped to improve my recruiting process

Have helped to improve my recruiting process

Avantages

It's very easy to use and it's not as troublesome and expensive as other alternatives. You can create an assessment for a role in less than 5 minutes.
The scoring is very pertinent and it shows you how a candidate performs over different topics of a same area.

Inconvénients

The ability to customize pre-made quizzes, for example in my case most of my applicants are not native English speakers and they take a little bit more time to understand the questions and scenarios, and really strong candidates tend to score very low at the end of the test because the time wasn't enough.
I would like to customize the times per area of expertise or even each question, also I'd like to create custom-made tests using certain questions from the pre-made tests.

HackerRank et Toggl Track

Pourquoi passer à TestGorilla

Ease of use, test library and price
Graham
  • Secteur d'activité : Ressources humaines

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Easy to use applicant testing platform

Publié le 09/07/2021

Using test Gorilla has cut down on a lot of the administrative burden of assessing candidates. It's great for high volume hiring queues and receiving prompt, consistent feedback on test scores. A few of our candidates have experienced issues with completing tests (e.g., unclear instructions, aggressive time constraints), but overall the applicant experience (and my experience as administrator) have been positive.

Avantages

I like that the platform is straightforward and easy to use. There aren't a lot of unnecessary bells and whistles to get in the way. Setting up assessments and inviting applicants is very quick and easy. The layout makes it easy to compare candidates about each other.

Inconvénients

I don't like that you aren't able to view the tests without assigning them to yourself and manually taking them. This makes scoring somewhat opaque, and it is hard to judge if the tests are 100% aligned to the knowledge/skills you are looking to test for. I understand the rationale behind locking down the tests, but I feel that the rewards of showing employers the tests they are assigning would outweigh the risks.

Réponse de TestGorilla

Hi Graham! We wanted to stop by and let you know we've rolled out a ton of new features since your review, including a brand-new one this month that allows customers to preview assessments before inviting candidates. We do recommend taking a look.

MARIA GUADALUPE
  • Secteur d'activité : Gestion de l'enseignement
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 1 001–5 000 employés

Recommendations

Publié le 24/07/2021

Great tool

Great tool

Avantages

To track candidates responses in different formats, to evaluate candidates with diverse tools

Inconvénients

I would like to have the option of video or audio transcription, to access the content of the candidates answers that were in video or audio, in written format

Alison
  • Secteur d'activité : Génie civil
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant 1 à 5 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 3.0 /10

Doesn't work for us

Publié le 09/12/2021

We wanted some pre-employment tests but they haven't be useful for us. The tests are very hard.
I...

I really wanted to talk to someone to talk things through but they seemed unwilling to talk, only want to email. At the very beginning I realised it probably wasn't going to work well and asked about a refund quickly but didn't seem to be an option so we have been left with something that we probably will hardly use. Very hard to understand all in the ins and outs until after you purchased and are stuck with it. We are a small company with a small budget so perhaps it suits bigger companies better.

Avantages

Tests are quite easy to set up.
Candidates seem to manage process well.

Can't see questions.
Tests are hard and are not proving to meet our needs
Limited range that suit us
Cost-wise it hasn't worked well for running pre-employment tests for small numbers of applicants across multiple tests

Réponse de TestGorilla

Hi Alison, thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, even though you feel that TestGorilla is not right for your company. Our product is designed to be used at the beginning of the hiring process, allowing you to screen large numbers of applicants at a reasonable cost per candidate. It seems that our support team reached out to you twice without response, and were under the impression that they had resolved your issues. Sorry if that was not the case! Please know that you are welcome to get in touch at any stage to discuss your plan with our Customer Success team, and we would be happy to hear from you. Wishing you all the best with your hiring process!

Pieter
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant 1 à 5 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 1.0 /10

Ok, service but not the best.

Publié le 17/03/2022

I had a bad experience trying to purchase the product. The sales person cancelled the introductory meeting TWICE minutes before the meetings started. Eventually a support person had to take over the meeting and that was a very very short introduction. Overall experience was very very bad.

Avantages

Review the entire history of the coding test a candidate did. It allowed to understand how the person developed a solution.

Inconvénients

The pricing model and not being able to change an assessment after a test. If you want to have 3 different tests for a junior, medior and senior developer, you need to buy 3 assessments costing roughly 150$ each. If you did not invite any other candidate to that assessment for over 1 month, the assessment is thrown away and you need to repurchase a new assessment.

Réponse de TestGorilla

Hi Pieter, thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, even though you had a bad experience. Our product is designed to be used at the beginning of the hiring process, allowing you to screen large numbers of applicants at a reasonable cost per candidate, rather than in the manner you describe. It seems that our sales team were having some issues with capacity at the time of your issue. It is not an excuse, but unfortunately something we have had to deal with in the past. We now have the resources in place to ensure this is not the case in the future. Please know that you are welcome to get in touch at any stage to discuss your plan with our Customer Success team, and we would be happy to hear from you. Wishing you all the best with your hiring process!

Reili
  • Secteur d'activité : Ressources humaines

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Good tool for candidate testing

Publié le 23/11/2021

TestGorilla site is easy to use for English speakers, we mostly use it for use language assessment but because narrow choice of languages we also have to use other service providers.

Avantages

Quick way to send several tests at one and make your own assessment. Possibility to send the reminder. Good customer support.

Inconvénients

Because of some banking security certificate problems TestGorilla had, there was not possible to pay with card ad the pre-payment invoice was a cost of "gold". Narrow choice of language tests.

Réponse de TestGorilla

Hi Reili! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Glad to hear you had a good experience with customer support. Languages and localisation is a big project for us and it is coming down the tracks very soon. We have a road map on our site, where you can see exactly what's in development and being released in the near future - https://help.testgorilla.com/tests-in-development
Thanks for being part of the TG community!

Jaime
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Great assessment software and easy to use

Publié le 31/01/2022

Avantages

TestGorilla had a great library of tests of the roles we usually look for.

Inconvénients

At first, we didn't like that the questions for each candidate weren't viewable. We later understood that this makes sense in order to minimize the chances of cheating.

Réponse de TestGorilla

Hi Jaime! Thanks a lot for taking the time to leave us a review :) Happy to hear that you are enjoying your experience with TG so far! We take cheating very seriously, as do most of our customers,, so it makes sense to us to keep the answers to our rigorously prepared tests private. It means that you are seeing the true measure of your candidates abilities when they take one of our assessments, as you can be sure they are not cheating!

Craig

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Looks for an assessment/preemployment tool on a budget.

Publié le 07/02/2022

Overall I am satisfied with our purchase as it services what we need.

Overall I am satisfied with our purchase as it services what we need.

Avantages

The price for what our company was going to use it for and no long term contracts.

Inconvénients

Some of the prepackaged test/assessments could not be used unless you purchased a pro version of the software.

Wonderlic Select

Pourquoi passer à TestGorilla

We saw TestGorilla as a better value.

Réponse de TestGorilla

Hi Craig, thanks a lot for taking the time to leave us your feedback on TestGorilla. glad to hear that you found our product to be good value and that we were able to help you with your hiring process!