SlideDog

Real-time slide show broadcasting platform

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

83 avis

Gustavo D.

I highly recommend slidedog

Publié le 28/06/2022

What I have mentioned as pro, are not limiting, they are possibilities I would like to count on. I can't do an event if I don't have this program. It is indispensable for me and my team. Therefore, I can recommend it with closed eyes, because I know that it is an application of maximum performance and quality, which will not have delays or problems of any kind.

Avantages

Pros: It allows to handle different types of files without distinction, that allows my event production to be very clean and professional. There are no errors possible when I have everything programmed inside Slidedog.
I can't do a production if I don't have the software.
The level of organization that I have there cannot be had in other software.

Inconvénients

It is not possible to move, delete or insert files once the projection starts. This makes it difficult for me because sometimes there are last minute changes that force me to change the planning. Having a background image has helped me to disguise when I leave and re-enter the projection.
Another drawback, that although I understand it is complex, I would like to be able to do, is to be able to copy the files and the programming to another pc different from where I have programmed.

Réponse de SlideDog Traduire en français

Thank you for the review, Gustavo! I'll see if we can implement your feature request sometime later this year.

Mike T.

Publié le 14/06/2022

I love it! I stumbled upon it when I first started and now I use it all the time

Avantages

Slide dog is super simple to create and use. My jr. Volunteers are able to use it and make a smooth sermon for Sunday.

Inconvénients

Sometimes the web control is a bit funky. And I would love if the PPoints would break into individual slides rather than a folder.

Pourquoi passer à SlideDog

It used the formats I had and the drag and drop features

Réponse de SlideDog Traduire en français

Hi Mike! Thanks for the review. I think I understand what you mean about PowerPoints not breaking into individual slides. It's regarding the playlist at the bottom, and the number of PowerPoint slides you see there, right? If not, I'd love to hear from you.

Arnoud C.
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant Essai gratuit

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

Nearly impossible to buy the live time version

Publié le 14/06/2022

limentation off the trial version is a problem

Avantages

trail version let me use only small posibles featurs

Inconvénients

I like the easy way of creating a presentation

Réponse de SlideDog Traduire en français

Hi Arnoud. Thank you for the review. I'm not really sure what you mean by "Nearly impossible to buy the live time version". I assume you mean "Lifetime"? It's listed on our pricing page - https://slidedog.com/pricing/

Luis J.
  • Secteur d'activité : Fabrication électrique/électronique
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 501-1 000 employés

Presentations done with ease

Publié le 28/06/2022

our overall experience with slidedog was really good, although we couldn't afford the lifetime subscription but we used the free version all the time, it became really important for our meetings and presentations.

Avantages

I really liked the ease of use and the friendly UI, when i downloaded it for the first time i didn't even have to look for a tutorial, i just started using it right away, that's how easy it is to use slidedog.

Inconvénients

Price, we wanted to buy a license but it was too expensive for us, instead we started using the free version of the slidedog.

Microsoft PowerPoint et Prezi

Pourquoi passer à SlideDog

the ease of use of the software and the features that it has, for example the seamless transition from a presentation to a video, that's something that the other products don't have and if they have it, it's not very intuitive.

Réponse de SlideDog Traduire en français

Thank you for the review Luis! Happy to hear that SlideDog was easy to use and understand!

Souvik J.
  • Secteur d'activité : Exploitation minière et métaux

Amazing presentation tool

Publié le 28/06/2022

Overall great experience using it

Avantages

Ease of use and great animations. Good for creating flowcharts and detailed animations

Inconvénients

Sometimes can be difficult to understand

Réponse de SlideDog Traduire en français

Thank you for the review, Souvik!

Joe G.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Slidedog is a valuable tool for Ministry.

Publié le 14/06/2022

I and my wife help lead worship at our church. I started using this software six years ago for our Contemporary service on Sunday afternoons. We have expanded using it during Covid lockdown and after for our morning Traditional service since we could not use hymnals or printed bulletins when Covid first hit our area, so we projected the readings, prayers, and announcements on a video screen instead which was safer for everybody. At first, the older generation was not a big fan of changing how the traditional service was done but after a while, they accepted it and even look forward to it as we can show wonderful religious graphics which enhances the service and understanding of what is being preached and taught. We also now use it during Bible Study groups. We also live-stream our church service so now that the bulletin is projected the people at home can watch and follow along as the words are on the screen. The morning service is also recorded, submitted, and shown on our local Public Broadcasting TV channel. Slidedog is a valuable tool for Ministry.

Avantages

I like Slidededog because it can support all kinds of media files, and it is easy to load and rearrange slides within a presentation, which I do often.

Inconvénients

I use the Free version, although I have tried the Pro Version. BUT, the free version has a limit of 100 slides per presentation, and for long church services sometimes I need to use more than 100 slides so end up using two computers each with Slidedog on them each with half the service presentation on it and switch the cord to our projector in the middle of church service. This is less than optimum but workable. I did try the Pro version as I wanted the feature to be able to live-stream the worship service but some video files would not work when I tried this, so we went back to the Free Version and used another streaming option.

Réponse de SlideDog Traduire en français

Thank you so much for your detailed review and comments, Joe! I'm going to investigate the one hundred slides per PowerPoint limitation. That sounds more of an unintentional limit than a deliberate one. Cool workaround you found, nonetheless. It would be interesting to know what live streaming solution you are using together with SlideDog. Maybe it's something we can recommend to our other users as well?

Russell P.
  • Secteur d'activité : E-learning
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Interesting idea to prevent presentation glitches!

Publié le 04/02/2019

SlideDog is a great presentation tool for building a playlist of slide decks from different sources. I like the idea and problem this solves and I think they've built a clean and well designed platform.

Avantages

SlideDog is interesting idea and product and is extremely useful when multiple different presenters or presentations are to be used. Here's what I like most:
- I like the purpose or problem they're attempting to solve. We've probably all been there - in a situation where you or someone you know's presentation failed to work because of some strange issue. SlideDog prevents that because you're able to load all sorts of presentations in as a slide deck playlist. That's a simple idea, yet brilliant!
- I love that this software is so accepts so many different file types. It doesn't seem to matter what year or version or update you have, they all seem to be compatible.
- In my first experience, I was amazed at how simple and clean it is. That's important to me. Yes - I like advanced features - but I love a simple user interface and SlideDog provides that. It's logically and aesthetically arranged.
- When building a slide deck or playlist, you can also include polls or opportunities for feedback. That's extremely useful. We had multiple presenters that were going to be presenting, and this allowed us to gather feedback forms that were consistent (or even personalized).
- Similar to NearPod or PearDeck, you have the option to do "Live Sharing" and blast a presentation to multiple devices. This increases engagement, in my opinion.
- The built in "clicker" or slide changer is also a neat feature that is operated through a phone app - great idea!

Inconvénients

Here are some setbacks that I've experienced with the platform:
- SlideDog does not work on Apple products. That is a major setback for some users.
- I know their purpose is not for creation, but it would be great if they added this feature. I understand that the platform is not designed for modifications either, but if a mistake is noticed, it can be tedious to go back to the original presentation source, make the update, and then shift it back to SlideDog.
- I really just think the premium version is too pricey. This is great for what it is, but I cannot justify the price when the presentation source has the ability to present, as well.

Luis D.
  • Secteur d'activité : Événementiel

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Slide Dog great alternative for multi format content on presentations

Publié le 15/06/2022

Slide Dog is a great product. Provides a good solution when presenting with different types of files. Layout should be improved.

Avantages

I think the best feature of SlideDog is that is supports several types of files. PPT, PDF, images (PNG, JPG), video files... etc. and that you can create a linear playlist of different content.
Second monitor option is great.
I believe ProPresenter or QLab dont support PPT files.

Inconvénients

Layout can be improved. On the playlist font size is too small and scroll bars are too narrow. It is hard to see where the scroll bar is located on an advanced presentation. You should improve layout of the playlist, also evaluate implementing some kind of layer or overlay feature.
When using the second monitor option, main monitor screen refreshes too late when changing a slide, causing confusion to the user.
I wonder if the "Load Presentation" functionality can work different. So changes can be made on the way and not "Unloading the presentation" first.

Réponse de SlideDog Traduire en français

Thank you for the review Luis. You have a lot of valid points, but I'm not sure what you mean by "When using the second monitor option, main monitor screen refreshes too late when changing a slide, causing confusion to the user". The live view of the 2nd screen on the primary screen should be instant and real-time. Isn't that the case on your computer?

Joseph C.

Rock solid

Publié le 07/06/2022

I don't use the fancy features. I just want to reliably get the slide show up there (slides and video clips).

Avantages

Rock solid presentations with no glitches or embarrassing technical problems, whether slides or video clips.

Inconvénients

Cannot just copy a folder containing scripts to a new computer and have it work, even though all the folders and files are duplicated on the new computer. For each script, you need to reload each slide or video into the slide dog script again. (Maybe that's why it is so rock solid?)

Pourquoi passer à SlideDog

More reliable video clip presentations

Réponse de SlideDog Traduire en français

Thanks for the review, Joseph!
Glad to hear that SlideDog has been rock solid for you these years!

Dg garcia G.
  • Secteur d'activité : Rédaction et correction
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Slidedog is the perfect presentation software for you!

Avantages

The slidedog helps me a lot in terms of my presentation in school, in discussion and even in our church worship services. Slidedog provides easy presentation features such as its video support, audio file management, screen sharing, and multiple screen that helps me in many ways.

Inconvénients

Slidedog seems to be a perfect app for me.

Réponse de SlideDog Traduire en français

Thank you for the review, DG Garcia!
Glad to hear that SlideDog is useful for your school and worship activities.

Greg S.

Publié le 05/05/2021

Overall, I’ve been pleased with our experience. When we’ve had issues (and their haven’t been many), we always received courteous and helpful responses from the SlideDog team.

Avantages

It’s hard to imagine the software being easier to use. The drag and drop feature for both adding to and rearranging files within a presentation is very straightforward. The program handles all the file types we need to use in our environment. SlideDog provided the flexibility we were looking for to maintain our approach to producing content for our services while allowing us to switch seamlessly between various file types during the service.

Inconvénients

For what it’s meant to accomplish, SlideDog performs admirably. The preview/slider window is a bit small and can make jumping to another spot in the presentation (especially in a different file) a bit awkward.

Pourquoi passer à SlideDog

Price, learning curve, and fit within our existing workflow.

Réponse de Preseria Traduire en français

Thank you for your review, Greg! Happy to hear that you found SlideDog easy to use!

Rob E.
  • Secteur d'activité : Médias de diffusion

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

my only gripes with slidedog

Publié le 12/06/2022

Read above

Avantages

Easy to use. We are a Audio Visual company and I love Slidedog for the fact I can run powerpoints and videos off of one computer rather than 2 or 3 computers and having to cue and switch between all of them. It really simplifies basic presenting for us. Great job!

Inconvénients

The only gripes I have in the presenter mode on extended desktop we need to clearly see what is about to come next when we advance to the next slide or video or what have you. Please do a better job of showing what slide will come next please in the presenter's view. I suggest making the show window adjustable and the upcoming slide window adjustable or at least like a split-screen type of setup.
The other option which I understand would be very difficult to do would be to be able to add things while the show is running. Many times we are running a show and some last-minute request comes to add a video or a PowerPoint. It would be nice to insert that while the show is running.
Other than that I love what you guys are doing and I will be using your software for years to come at least on and off. I would love to be able just to buy it for 2 computers and own it but that's not the way things work these days in the computer software world. If I'm not using it I cancel the subscription and just buy it again when I have events with lots of presentations in them. thanks

Réponse de SlideDog Traduire en français

Thanks for your detailed review, Rob!
Being able to view what's "up next" is definitely something that should be implemented in SlideDog. Dynamically adding more files without restarting the playlist is also a feature that would be very handy for events. I've noted down your comments and I'm going to include them when we discuss our development roadmap after this summer.

Lisa P.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Excellent programme and customer service.

Publié le 26/04/2021

SlideDog has enabled to give me a professional edge to my presentations and making it super easy. The company is one that cares about each customer and I believe goes above and beyond, no matter who the customer is.

Avantages

As a childrens' worker I wanted a programme that would allow me to incorporate videos, pictures and powerpoints as a seamless presentation. SlideDog did exactly what I wanted it to, I love the drag and drop feature for adding the different elements. Over time there were several problems as new versions came out but problems were quickly solved according to my specific problems- customer service is very personal and excellent.

Inconvénients

The only downside I had was the difficulties I had incorporating it with Zoom over lockdown but this may have been to my lack of skills.

Réponse de Preseria Traduire en français

Thank you for the review Lisa. Happy to hear that SlideDog helps making your presentations seamless. SlideDog should work out-of-the-box with video conference software like Zoom and Teams, but there are a couple of pitfalls to avoid. Firstly, one must make sure to share the whole screen and not an individual app, secondly, using the 2-screen mode makes it a lot easier to manage SlideDog alongside Zoom or Teams, as you don't have multiple apps fighting for being the "top-most" application window. We should probably write a blog post about this. Thanks for reminding us! :-)

Gary G.
  • Secteur d'activité : Administration publique
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 501-1 000 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 2.0 /10

Single use license for computer change or no internet;

Publié le 26/04/2021

Used for a year then bitten by a archaic policy that will literally cost them nothing.

Avantages

It's handy to use so many formats - like that a lot.
Nice controls.

Inconvénients

Given the price, using only one computer for a license is ticky-tacky these days. Inconsistent with other software. I had a computer go down or have trouble a couple of years ago ad they offered nothing but deactivate. Sure - how?
Name a big company who doesn't offer a second or backup use when not used at the same time.
So - when I have no internet, or a computer breaks, or has troubles, please allow them to ruin an important presentation. Success on your part. Nothing was offered to help me out.
When this happens an hour beforehand, it's disappointing.
Software is nice, but policy is questionable.

Réponse de Preseria Traduire en français

Hi Gary, thank you for your review. We changed our licensing model in February, 2021 (see https://slidedog.com/blog/updates-to-slidedog-pricing/) and sent out an email to all our newsletter subscribers that Pro customers got an extra activation for free, effectively allowing them to use SlideDog Pro on two computers simultaneously. We saw the need for this in situations like the one you described and I'm sorry that this change in policy didn't occur earlier, while you still were a SlideDog Pro customer. Feel free to contact me (Dag) directly for a returning customer discount. Would love to have you back on board!

Warren B.

Faithful User and Happy user

Publié le 26/04/2021

Overall it has been a positive experience growing and learning with SlideDog.
Emailed support on occasion and they responded very quickly.

Avantages

There was a relatively small learning curve to get up and running. SlideDog worked very easily with different platforms like Word, PPoint, and video files we played for our church services.

Inconvénients

If feasible maybe to have ability to link somehow so an audio/video conf call feature could be integrated.

Pourquoi passer à SlideDog

More adaptability to incorporate multiple platforms in one application.. Simplicity of functionality.. Perfect for our needs..

Réponse de Preseria Traduire en français

Thank you for your review, Warren! Would love to hear your thoughts on how an ideal integration with video conferencing tools like Zoom and Teams would look like!

Jeff M.
  • Secteur d'activité : Administration publique
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus de deux ans

Slidedog for Cable TV

Publié le 05/05/2021

Avantages

Slidedog was a great solution for our cable tv channel. Other options we looked at were more complicated and expensive. We have used the software for years without issue.

Inconvénients

No complaints now that you brought back lifetime license

Réponse de Preseria Traduire en français

Thanks for the review, Jeff! Would love to hear more about how you use SlideDog for your cable TV channel!

Efrayim C.
  • Secteur d'activité : Gestion de l'enseignement

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Excellent product

Publié le 26/04/2021

We have been customers for years and have consistently been impressed. We purchased the lifetime package and are happy with that decision each time we use it.

Avantages

During school presentations we would often like to combine multiple assets into one seamless production. Slidedog allowed us that flexibility without compromising in what we were able to include.

Inconvénients

There are a few things I feel could be improved: the web remote is a little glitchy, no support for GIFs, and occasionally, rarely, an audio issue with video files.

Réponse de Preseria Traduire en français

Thank you for your review Efrayim! Happy to hear that SlideDog provides value for your school presentations! Would love to know more about the occasional glitches with the web remote that you mention, and if this is something you've experienced lately (in 2021).

Jeffrey M.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Overall good product; very responsive support

Publié le 30/05/2022

We play music videos for sing-along, show pictures with Bible verses or people, and run PowerPoint presentations illustrating or emphasizing points in our Bible teachings. These are shown on a big-screen TV which is shared on FreeConferenceCall for those who cannot attend in person.

Avantages

SlideDog provides a simple way of presenting a variety of media. But what I like most is the support. If you find something that's truly not working as expected,
[SENSITIVE CONTENT] will fix it as quickly as software can be fixed.

Inconvénients

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] I'd really like the main screen to be resizable. I'd like to be able to see more of the presentation line.

In addition, when a PowerPoint file is included, I'd like to be able to scroll all the way from the first slide in the PowerPoint file to the last so that I could check all the slides before the meeting and then go immediately to the first slide (reset it, if you will) so it starts at the first slide during the meeting.

Thank you, Jeffrey!
I've noted down your points regarding the presentation line showing more of the slides and being able to reset the show after doing a test walk-through. Thanks again!

Michael B.
  • Secteur d'activité : Loisirs, voyage et tourisme
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

The Piper has a Dog to herd the Rats

Publié le 26/04/2021

Slide Dog is the right solution for us that came at the right time. I recommend it to all who want to do smooth presentations of various media.

Avantages

We use the automatic version to mix Websites, PPT, film and photos to a collage of information for tourists visiting our Tourist Information office. The cellphone remote function is used to run presentations in front of the big screen in adult evening school courses.

Inconvénients

It is always good to start the software ahead of the presentation as it needs time to load all of the background information.

Réponse de Preseria Traduire en français

Thank you for this review, Michael! Hope all is well with the Pied Piper!

Anthony D.
  • Secteur d'activité : Assurance
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 10 000+ employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Slide Dog has made working from home so much more effective

Publié le 26/04/2021

It's amazing software and I have recommended it to many coworkers.

Avantages

I needed an application to play video and slide easily while using Zoom for virtual event. The playlist has made it so much easier to produce event. I just share my Zoom 2nd screen and I am ready to go.

Inconvénients

There were a few options and issues with PP, but the tech support did updated and adjusted them right away,

Réponse de Preseria Traduire en français

Thank you for the review, Anthony! Would love to learn more about how you use SlideDog together with Zoom and maybe see if you have some special tricks that other SlideDog users might benefit from.

Kirk H.

Clean and simple.

Avantages

Slide dog is very simple to use. The controls are straight and to the point.

Inconvénients

This software doesn’t offer much flexibility.

Price

Réponse de SlideDog Traduire en français

Thank you for the review, Kirk! Glad you find SlideDog simple to use. We wish to keep it that way, which may come at the cost of flexibility, but we'll try to avoid being too rigid and opinionated!

Hannah W.
  • Secteur d'activité : Services et technologies de l'information
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant Essai gratuit

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Cool features and simple to use

Publié le 21/03/2019

SlideDog is a handy, simple tool to make presenting easier and run smoother. There are some really cool, interactive and useful features that it offers.

Avantages

-It's a pretty intuitive design. Even on my first use, it was pretty easy to figure out where everything is.
-The interactive features are awesome. You can super easily create a poll, or ask an open ended question for doing a live presentation (audience gets a link and can participate)
-I really appreciate that you can put a web-page into the slideshow and access it without leaving your slides. Super convenient and makes the presentation process go a lot smoother
-You can download your slideshow to a Powerpoint file. I haven't used this feature myself, so I'm not sure how it affects some of the more interactive functionality, but still a nice option.
-I like that you have the option to either automatically advance or click through your slides
-Cool that there's mobile integration!

Inconvénients

-The software ran really slow on my computer. Although the interface is simple, it feels a bit clunky and dated.
-In my opinion, it would make more sense for this be a web-based program rather than one to download on your computer due to the live-presentation nature. I prefer to use web-based software for things like this.

Scott D.
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 2-10 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

Does what it says.

Avantages

The ability to stick nearly any type of presentation (ppt, video, web page, audio, graphic) into a playlist and not have to switch between applications is great. It is super easy to use and very intuitive. We have not had it crash on us a single time and we use it a minimum of twice a week for Sunday morning worship.

Inconvénients

My biggest con is that you can't control how many ppt slides that you can preview in the playlist. When playing a ppt you can only see the next slide and I haven't been able to figure out any way around that. Secondly, if you have a ppt that automatically changes slides, slidedog has to be the "active" window, otherwise slides don't change.

Réponse de SlideDog Traduire en français

Thank you for the review, Scott! And thank you for sharing that experience regarding the number of slides you can preview, plus the thing about slide timings in PowerPoint in SlideDog. We should probably make that thing clearer to the end users.

Mike M.

Easy Software for Events

Publié le 26/04/2021

It is a great program to help with PowerPoint presentations with mixed media.

Avantages

SlideDog was very easy to add different types of content to a PowerPoint presentation. SlideDog also made it easy to put different PowerPoints together for a live event.

Inconvénients

You have to have SlideDog loaded on the laptop you are using for the presentation. You need a second copy if you want to have a backup laptop ready during an event.

Réponse de Preseria Traduire en français

Thank you for your review Mike! We actually upgraded each Pro license in February, adding one extra activation for free, so you don't need a second copy for backup laptop anymore. It's included! :-)

Thor-kenneth M.
  • Secteur d'activité : Musées et institutions

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Great product for an event with several presentation, videos etc

Publié le 26/04/2021

Slidedog have helped me make our events more professional in a easy and cheap way.

Avantages

I like that I can seamless change between presentations, videos, pictures etc without disturbing the audience. They also have a great customer support that is very helpful if you have small changes you want in the software.

Inconvénients

I really havn't had any big problems with slidedog. If I had any their cosumer support has helpes me very quick

Réponse de Preseria Traduire en français

Thank you for the review, Thor-Kenneth!