QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application

Avis sur 1329

Randy H.

QuickBookds Desktop Pro is a winner

Publié le 17/12/2021

Have used and supported QB Desktop Pro and all its other flavors successfully for over 20 years

Avantages

Industry standard for easy of use accounting software; easy to implement; many useful and essential features

Inconvénients

Inexperienced users without proper training can Quick(ly screw up your)Books

Keisha G.
  • Industry: Psychologie

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 4.0 /10

Go online!

Publié le 17/11/2021

I switched to online and have had a better experience since then.

Avantages

The feature is good for first time businesses who want to learn QuickBooks. But online is better.

Inconvénients

You have to purchase it new every year and it is only good to use on the computer in which you install it on. If that computer goes down, you cannot recover your info.

Nicholas N.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 0.0 /10

Quickbooks online is now so good I do not know why anyone would use Desktop Pro

Publié le 23/11/2021

Happy with Desktop Pro when it was the best option; today it is not.

Avantages

The accounting and invoicing work fine; Online is just WAY better!

Inconvénients

No cloud portal, being locked to a Windows laptop. The Quickbooks online is WAY better!

Réponse de Intuit Traduire en français

We definitely appreciate your business, and are glad you found a version that best fits your business needs! We do offer hosting through Right Networks. Giving you on the go access in the cloud. You can find more info here (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/desktop/enterprise/hosting/) Wishing you all the best. -Kristina, The QuickBooks Team

Tara H.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

By far the superior bookkeeping software

Publié le 15/11/2021

Customer service is terrible, but that is the same for all of Intuit. It is a shame because 20 years ago they were #1 in customer service and now they're at the bottom. However, I will never use any bookkeeping product other than Quickbooks Desktop in my office. No other program can even come close in functionality. No other program has the same ease of use. That being said, I don't recommend it for just anyone. If you do not know how to do bookkeeping or don't have a propensity for it, don't buy Quickbooks desktop or Quickbooks online and assume you can do your business bookkeeping. Consult with a professional.

Avantages

The general ledger is my favorite. I will not use software that I can not make general ledger journal entries in. I love the tax tracking. It has the best tracking of payroll and sales taxes if it is properly set up. And adjustments can be made if necessary - which in my state is every quarter.

Inconvénients

I do not like that we now have to log-in with an "intuit ID." I bought desktop software because I want to use it on my desktop. I do not want all of my software connected to the internet all of the time. I do not want my client accounts connected to my intuit ID and I do not want them to have to have their own intuit ID accounts. They aren't using the software, I am. They aren't doing the bookkeeping and payroll, I am. And if Intuit's servers are down or if the internet is down and I can't log in, well then I can't work and that doesn't work for me.

QuickBooks Online Accountant, Wave Accounting et Xero

Pourquoi passer à QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Quite simply, it is the best and it is designed for bookkeepers and accountants.
Don D.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Makes running a small business a lot easier

Publié le 19/12/2021

I feel this is the industry standard for small business accounting software. Most vendors and clients are familiar with the name making it trustworthy. Once you have been using it for a while and have everything setup, the process is very smooth.

Avantages

QuickBooks Desktop Pro is a valuable tool for running a small business. I have used the software to prepare tax reporting documents, but have found over the years that it has a lot of other uses. You can keep track of all of your vendors in one place, send invoices, write follow up emails and monitor progress. At tax time, there are several ways to download or print data for an accountant. It will save you and your accountant valuable time later when everything is properly formatted and QuickBooks makes that simple.

Inconvénients

The product is expensive. It is almost not worth it for some small businesses but once information is loaded into the software it makes invoicing very quick saving time. It is also a bit complex to use. I took a course at our local community college that helped. It also helps to know a bit about accounting or you may get a bit lost.

Stephanie S.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Quickbooks Desktop - for users who don't want their critical information in the cloud

Publié le 02/12/2021

Over years and years of use how Quickbooks works has become first nature. I like that my too often down internet does not interfere with my use of the Desktop version and access to my data. Quickbooks does a good job of making sure I backup my data (only needed to use those backup once in 20+ years, but oh boy what a lifesaver!!), providing me the accounting/billing/payroll tools I need for my small business in a way that complements how I run my business.

Avantages

It keeps my data on my computer, performs all my accounting/payroll needs, it's a familiar platform that has evolved for decades, mostly for the better.

Inconvénients

I am frustrated that Quickbooks has recently dramatically increased the price of QuickBooks Desktop Pro in an apparent drive to push users to a cloud platform product and subscription model. I don't want my data in their cloud.

• Industry: Conseil en gestion
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Publié le 16/12/2021

The benefits of having QuickBooks Desktop Pro software is that you are able to manage your finances better, run reports, do comparisons, bill/invoice your clients, and receive payments.

Avantages

QuickBooks Desktop Pro is very easy to use (once you have learned how to use it). The reporting features are great for accounting purposes and when information is needed for your accountant, etc (i.e. P&L). You can easily download and save the reports.

Inconvénients

The main component I like the least about QB Desktop Pro is that it is not mobile. You have to be at the computer in which the software is downloaded on in order to use it.

Quicken

Pourquoi passer à QuickBooks Desktop Pro

The features and price at the time.
Sarah M.

Great Product for a Small Business

Publié le 16/12/2021

Avantages

Ease of use. I can run a p&l then if I have questions on a line item I can just click and it will give me the detail.

Inconvénients

Not being able to make an adjustment to a customer when the accountant has been sent the file.

AccountEdge

CPA could access
Neil R.
  • Industry: Pétrole et énergies

Easy and relatively cheap

Publié le 21/12/2021

The system is decent, I can not complain about it. I do though wish they have an invoice import function like QB online - but the reporting system of QB online is horrible compared to desktop pro

Avantages

The best part is that QB is relatively easy to use. The format of the system is pretty user friendly

Inconvénients

I wish there was greater user security, but what they have works. With the audit report the security issue can be overlooked

Maureen S.
  • Industry: Appareils médicaux

Quick Books Pro

Publié le 02/12/2021

Overall, other than the occasional drop in speed, works great.

Avantages

I love the ease of use, the online capabilities of being able to work from anywhere.

Inconvénients

Online version can be slow.... get the "spinning circle" often which is annoying.

Brenton W.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

QuickBooks Desktop is Fast, Customizable and Easy. Best of the Best.

Publié le 16/09/2021

Avantages

Accounts payable is amazing. From tracking bills to writing checks to entering vendors. So easy. It also helps to make sure your 1099's are correct and in place for year end. Printing checks is a piece of cake and consistently easy!
Accounts receivable is awesome. Whether you are tracking tenants or customers, they can be easily set up.
Weekly, Monthly and Year End reporting can be done in a click of a 3 buttons, seriously. 3 Buttons pulls up your common report batches. Then you can print, save and email them.

Inconvénients

When sending reports by pdf, I'd like to preview them first and adjust how they appear. Sometimes they can appear all wonky and not clean. The work around is to print to pdf. Then you can do it, just one extra step though.

Pourquoi passer à QuickBooks Desktop Pro

I'll attach what I posted above... The questions most people have is QuickBooks Desktop or QuickBooks Online. As a bookkeeper with multiple clients, it's a no brainer for me, QuickBooks Desktop!!! I refuse to work with QuickBooks Online. QuickBooks Desktop is lightning fast. There are numerous shortcuts with the keyboard that help process the daily routines. With being online, those keyboard shortcuts go away and now you have no move your hand from the keyboard to the mouse. It may not seem like much, but it's huge. The reporting features in QuickBooks Desktop are superior too. Yeah, your customer may not be able to have 24/7 access to their books, but if you're doing your job properly and getting them timely reports, most shouldn't need that.
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

Quickbooks Desktop Pro- A Powerful Accounting Software

Publié le 20/06/2021

It provides the ability to easily customize customers' data, invoices, and reports. It integrates well with third-party applications. Exporting transactions from the bank and importing them into the software makes monthly reconciliation easy. Auditing the books is easy as there is a chronological tracking of transactions affecting each item. Whereas Quickbooks Desktop Pro is a powerful, affordable software with great features and is less costly to run, we had to switch to Quickbooks online which is cloud-based, has more automation and integrations with third-party applications. Quickbooks Online is also more user-friendly.
In my experience, choosing between Quickbooks Desktop Pro and Quickbooks Online is more about the organization's preferences and needs, and less about which one is better than the other.

Avantages

It is powerful accounting software that is ideal for well-established organizations that have been in business for a while. It is great for bookkeeping and very helpful when it comes to filing taxes at the end of the financial year. It does not require frequent upgrades unless there are changes that affect a specific feature. It is great for generating various reports, setting up recurring invoices, and processing payroll.

Inconvénients

It has a steep learning curve in the initial stages and requires some accounting knowledge. It is locally installed, therefore, inaccessible while on the move, and if you choose to have it hosted virtually, that comes at an additional cost.
Customer support isn't as great as we expected and issues take very long to resolve.

Pourquoi passer à QuickBooks Desktop Pro

A number of accountants highly recommended it.
Johnny H.
  • Company size: 2-10 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

Very Functional, but Complicated; With Irritating Pop Up Ads

Publié le 14/05/2021

Overall it's positive, and the software is very powerful. Even after two years (and a degree is computer science), I am still learning things with it. The bank export to QuickBoosk import feature most banks offer has saved me many hours of time doing monthly accounting, that alone makes it work it. The pop up ads on start up (which slow down my PC even more than the software otherwise would) are very very frustrating.

Avantages

This software is very full featured. I use it for a few businesses; residential and storage unit rentals. The software has can do most everything that you would want it to do for this type of business. There's great features for setting up recurring invoices for tenants, generating all types of reports to track how your rentals are performing, and the PayRoll add on is very helpful for paying employees and dealing with quarterly and annual taxes. One very huge pro is that most banks allow you to export transactions from the bank website software into QuickBooks format, and then you can import them into QB. This saves me tons of time as I have many transactions related to the self storage business, and it makes monthly account reconciliation much much easier.

Inconvénients

There's a steep learning curve here. Many of the features and options are not intuitive at all (ironic since the company that owns this software is named Intuit). I used simple spreadsheets before this, I'm very computer oriented, and I still don't use many of the features available in this software after a few years. I switched at the recommendation of my accountant, and a steep discount in my annual tax preparation costs. There's just so much to learn here! There are tons of web tutorials available to learn things, but you have to be aware of a feature in order to know that you can use it. If you have someone that can show you the ropes, or you're willing to dig in and learn, then I recommend this software. The only major complaint that I have about it is the pop up advertisements. When you start the software, you frequently get pop up ads. This is super irritating, and it doesn't seem to matter if you click the 'Don't show this again' button. I've already bought your software, STOP SPAMMING ME!

Gary D.
  • Industry: Vins et spiritueux

Good, but...

Publié le 29/04/2021

I have used QuickBooks for two decades and for eight years in my current position. It fully meets our needs for day to day accounting, preparing reports for our Board and for processing payroll. However, their support is very poor and reaching a human being is incredibly frustrating.

Avantages

QuickBooks Desktop is a powerful accounting package that offers good value for the cost. It has a lot of features that can address most of the needs of a small business.

Inconvénients

QuickBooks will let an inexperienced user do just about anything they want which can result in a real mess if you're an accountant trying the prepare financial statements or tax returns. But with some training from an experienced accountant/user, a lot of the day to day accounting can be accomplished by a relatively inexperienced person. Some supervision is advised.

Pourquoi passer à QuickBooks Desktop Pro

QuickBooks is somewhat less expensive and is easier for inexperienced users to master. Peachtree is a wonderful piece of software, but has a more traditional and rigid accounting driven process. QuickBooks Online is expensive and lacks some of the features of the Desktop version.
Rhiannon N.
  • Industry: Musique

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Great product, support is lacking

Publié le 07/01/2021

It's affordable for small business compared to the big accounting suites. (ADVICE: Unless you are not up on payroll and other law changes each year, there is no reason to upgrade yearly. I upgrade every 4 years.) I only wish they would stop asking me to switch to the online version because it has far less features and costs a lot more to run, especially if you only upgrade every few years as I do.

Avantages

Quickbooks has countless features, many I am still discovering after using it 12 fiscal years. I am not an accountant but I have done my own bookkeeping for years and found it very easy to learn.
I particularly like the bulk input for transactions, which is a huge time saver. The layout editor for forms allows me to customize my invoices, estimates, and receipts. Inventory is easy to track. I also appreciate the customizable fields for customers in the address book, unlike some other programs.

Inconvénients

The support team used to be decent but last year I found it to be awful. I needed to convert some data and made an appointment, I kid you not, 8 times and each time the support person didn't call me until days later. Eventually they stopped even replying. This is a big red flag to me when a company's support drops. (And this was well before Covid, so they cannot use that excuse.)
They could also have much better functionality for importing CSV and other data to spare me entering it manually. Lastly, the limitation to be locked into one currency forever is frustrating.
The tax payment functionality is very buggy and I had to start my own wiki to navigate the various menus as they are not at all intuitive.
Ideally they would allow vendor bills to be entered but to delay inventory items in the system should a vendor require payment up-front before goods are shipped. This has caused inventory quantity issues many times.
The pressure to switch to the online version is ridiculous. They even removed the automatic foreign currency rate adjustments/updates in an attempt to force us to move to a new version. Not cool! If the functionality was there, why cancel it?
Lastly, be prepared to deal with a random data corruption issue every couple years. This is scary as heck when Quickbooks won't open or reconciliation numbers are damaged and no longer add up. Support is useless helping with this but I have found tricks on my own to repair it.

Quicken

Pourquoi choisir QuickBooks Desktop Pro

I needed inventory tracking and auto currency features.

Logiciel antérieur

Microsoft Excel

Pourquoi passer à QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Quicken didn't have the multi-currency functionality I need.
Michael M.
  • Industry: Musique

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

My 2nd Try At a Bookkeeping Software

Publié le 20/11/2020

I didn't need a Bookkeeping program, I had a business account, deposited all my receipts from the business into that account. I paid all my business bills from that account. The BANK did my books! We moved back to Wisconsin in '98 where I had to collect sales tax. So I got a Bookkeeping program to keep track of my sales tax.

Avantages

It did what I needed it to do, kept track of my sales tax for the State and up to 8 Counties I serve. Due to it being installed on my desktop it was programed with the tax regulations for my state of Wisconsin. When it's time to file the sales tax you have to have the complete sales for the year and the complete sales number of non-taxable sales. QB Desktop Pro always had those numbers ready for me.

Inconvénients

I had no one to teach me, I was figuring it out as I went along, so I didn't get some of the vendors put in correctly at first. I had to re-work parts of it for income tax time and I never did figure out how to connect my bank.

Alan L.
  • Industry: Hôtellerie
  • Company size: 10 000+ employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

The investment is worth the time and convience

Publié le 27/10/2020

Regardless overall, as a small business owner or not the utilization of using QuickBooks especially for a financial software is very easy to use. It has all the basics pretty much could anything I need on it. I haven't had an issue with QuickBooks I just recommend certain things like higher security as such.

Avantages

The easy of use, not complicated at all to utilize. it's also good with third-party applications and integrations, makes it much more easier. Price wise it is affordable since I would say it's worth the money it's for. It also has a very large support Network. Personally best software to keep financial records, especially for small businesses

Inconvénients

The security on it does lack, there isn't a two-step authentication. And there was a limitation to the number of products in the list especially for inventory purposes. There are also file size issues that need to be addressed, and personally I also believe there needs to be more utilization into e-commerce.

Xero

Pourquoi choisir QuickBooks Desktop Pro

It was okay but it lacked in features that QuickBooks had that wave didn't.

Logiciel antérieur

Wave Accounting

Pourquoi passer à QuickBooks Desktop Pro

QuickBooks is a big name already and I've been recommended by colleagues to use overall I'm very satisfied my complaints are very minor about it. I wouldn't switch
Annette M.
  • Industry: Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif

QuickBooks for the Small Nonprofit Organization

Publié le 09/10/2020

The program itself is excellent as seen from its popularity. My greatest need has been customer service technical support. I have been using QuickBooks for more than 20 years. Over this time I have been very happy with the improvement of their support. Depending on the level program chosen, there are varying degrees of support. I think this is the most important part of a program as complex as this. I am also very happy with the way payroll handles all the procedures automatically and that they build in the new legislation and regulations from all the states so the user is sure about what they are doing.

Avantages

QuickBooks has a sufficiently wide variety of products/service agreements to satisfy the needs of small nonprofits. I find that the service has improved greatly over the years. The customer service people are extremely able to solve problems or explain processes. Also, since the user can choose between accrual and cash based accounting, small organizations can choose the system the best satisfies their particular circumstances. The payroll package is separate, so the customer can choose whether or not to do their own payroll or have someone else do it. The payment of payroll taxes is well supported and easy to use.

Inconvénients

Because this software is so professional, there can be a steep learning curve for those without accounting or bookkeeping experience. It would be advisable for the new user to become familiar with entry level bookkeeping at least. QuickBooks also recommends that new users locate a current user to serve as a mentor. There are specially trained users who serve this role.

Cathryn C.
  • Industry: Services et technologies de l'information
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Excellent Accounting Software for Small Business!

Publié le 06/12/2019

My overall experience with QB is fantastic. I was lucky enough to have used it for many years and even learned to convert the Chart of Account structure in order to do business with the Government. Our control system plus the software enabled us to pass DCAA's accounting system audit to perform on CPFF contracts. We have also used data from QB and external reporting to submit Incurred Cost Submissions to varies Government agencies. Highly recommend to small businesses!

Avantages

I used this software for over 20 years with several small businesses. I've used it daily for many years for all accounting cycles, such as AP, AR, GL, bank reconciliation, financial reporting, etc. I love its flexibility (mistakes can be easily fixed), complexity (can even accommodate DCAA compliance), intuitiveness (to me at least), and many report functions including drill downs. It also works very well with ICAT, so that QB data can be used to calculate indirect cost rates.

Inconvénients

Cons are very few. Because I haven't been a daily user for a few years, a couple of issues I remember are:
1. Interfacing with a 3rd party payroll seems to not work well, we ended up having to make a large summarizing journal entry (however, this is not an issue at the current company b/c payroll is handled by Intuit).
2. Too few characters are allowed in the PO and Invoice Number field. Our bookkeeper still currently have to be creative in order to have everything fit.

Deltek Costpoint

Pourquoi passer à QuickBooks Desktop Pro

We chose QB for its ease of use and its cost.
Jillian C.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Quickbooks Desktop Pro makes bookkeeping a cinch!

Publié le 05/12/2019

I am winning at bookkeeping using Quickbooks Desktop Pro, what more can I say?

Avantages

Quickbooks Desktop Pro allows me to be a great bookkeeper! Isn't that worth it's monetary investment right there!? I am able to input bills/pay bills, deposits, bank reconciliations and run reports all in the same platform. I even order our checks through the software and it reminds me when we are getting low. Also, I love that I can set reminders for monthly tasks and bills that need to be taken care of without worrying about forgetting. It's tracking it all for me and I just take care of it when the reminder pops up. Now I don't have the bank account connected and that is a personal preference but it is an available feature and it has it's benefits. You can also complete invoicing and payroll through Quickbooks desktop but we already had other means to complete those tasks. I can't recommend it enough, you won't regret the investment.

Inconvénients

The only con I have about Quickbooks Desktop Pro is that going from the online version and converting to desktop is not clean. I've yet to get an import that wasn't missing something. I hope this is something Intuit will improve on in the future. But if you don't have to go back and forth then it's not an issue. I only have one client that this a bother for, other than that I keep everything on the desktop version.

Easiest accounting software I've used

Publié le 01/03/2019

Avantages

I have used Quickbooks for 19 years for twelve different companies in various industries and with various needs. QB is always easy and intuitive from every aspect, from the initial set-up of the company file to the day-to-day transaction entries. You don't need to be an accounting genius with a perfect knowledge of debits and credits in order to understand how to enter your transactions in QB. I especially like the set-up tools that guide you during set-up of various things, like payroll items. It takes the stress out of things. I also really appreciate that whether you're a new user or an experienced user, mistakes happen, and QB makes it so easy to correct or delete any transactions that you entered incorrectly.

Inconvénients

The only two cons I have found in my varied experience are: 1) QB does not track Use Tax, so you have to use roundabout ways to calculate and track that; and 2) if you live somewhere that Sales Tax is charged at the state level as well as at a county or city level, it can be tricky to get your sales tax properly set up and properly entered on your invoices. I have read that QB Online now offers better Sales Tax tracking, but I have no experience with that yet.

Réponse de Intuit Traduire en français

Thanks a ton for this wonderful review! I'm pleased to hear you've been a part of the QuickBooks family for over 19 years! It's great that the program has consistently delivered the tools you need to get the job done.

In regards to tracking taxes, I've submitted your review to our Product Development team. The consider feedback like yours when planning new features and updates.

In the meantime, should you ever need support or want to learn more about the program, know you can find a plethora of self-help resource online on our Community website: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/US-QuickBooks-Community/ct-p/community-us

I hope you continue to find success using QuickBooks. Thank you again for reviewing!

Clay, The QuickBooks Team

Mike H.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Quick Books Pro online is awesome, scalable for large and small organization

Publié le 07/06/2017

Great value, when possible still work with a book keeper and accountant.

Avantages

My business is only 2.5 years old and I have used QuickBooks from the beginning. I did my own accounting up to a few months ago as my business has grown and I don't have time to do it anymore myself. My experience with the desk top version 2015 was ok, but I wanted didn't fit my needs well as I traveled 90% of the time. When I subscribed to Quick Books Pro Online, my experience has been nothing but positive. The interface is easy to use, and its rich feature set allowed me to activate job costing features as I needed them. Now that we are in the 2 to 3 million range my book keeper and Accountant log in and use my same subscription. I save on accounting costs as I can pull my own reports which are easy to find and customize and do not need the Part time CFO(except quarterly) feedback as I can get it on my own. We will probably double or triple are gross sales next year and have no plans to change our accounting platform. Support comes free with the online version.

Inconvénients

Subscription charges double your second year of using the product. The first year you get a bundled deal to experience all of the different pay services offered by Intuit. The first year is great, but after that it can get pricey. We aren't going to change accounting platforms, but for smaller companies, you will want to scale down to the minimum subscription amount to fit your needs.
You also have to buy checks directly from Intuit as they don't support third party cheaper check services(There are services you can print your bank information on the cheaper checks, but all come with set up fees).
Online App for your phone still needs work. For me this is the weakest link in Intuits online platform. It is getting better, but still not where it needs to be. You can add expenses now and also send invoices which are improvements, but still lacking,

Zandi C.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Quickbooks....I Use It To Run My Company.

Publié le 12/04/2017

Overall the best small business accounting software I have found. I would recommend it over all other products. I have used it for the past seven years and I do not hesitate to dump software that does not perform. I own and operate a smallish construction company and will likely someday need to step up to one of the big boy software packages, but until then, it serves me well.
You can get this accounting software to do just about anything you need it to with enough time and know how.

Avantages

The software is stable with very few glitches and crashes. I have never lost any significant amount of data in 7 years. It produces reports and printed materials that are widely accepted and you can get checks and other forms compatible with ease. It networks well and with a fair amount of simplicity even with several users. The Contractor Premier does a decent job of job costing if you set it up properly. You can customize all reports, invoices, statement, etc. to meet your needs and promote the branding of your company. Payroll add on service is excellent and has kept us dead on with all payroll related responsibilities.

Inconvénients

You get out what you put in. As with all software, you must know what you are doing to operate it successfully. I am very computer savvy and have a lot of experience with the proficient use of multiple advanced software programs so I thought I could just open a file and get going. Nope. Quickbooks does not work well out of the box, you will need to invest some time in getting it set up for you and your business. The cost of upgrades is unavoidable so be ready. You will need to upgrade every year to get the software support from Intuit and every time you add a seat on your license. There is no way around it that works and I have tried. There are a million secondary dealers of quickbooks, so called quickbook professionals and they have been certified by Quickbooks to use their branding and resell the software program and related support services which make purchase and support confusing and sometimes dangerous.

Genevieve C.
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an

Great accounting software

Publié le 29/08/2018

The overall experience has been great. QB helps keep our financials well organized, and I would definitely recommend this software to anyone, small business or large.

Avantages

QB Desktop Pro is great accounting software for a small business. It is easy to navigate and there is no shortage of options to customize it to make it work just right for your business. If you ever want to know how to perform a certain task in QB, I've found that a quick Google search will yield very helpful results, and it always ends up being very easy and intuitive.

Inconvénients

With my particular version (QB Desktop Pro 2017), the program crashes when switching between companies. You have to fully close out of one company, wait for the automatic backup to complete (if applicable), and only then enter your password for the next company and login. Even then it still sometimes closes out. If like me you only have two companies (or one!) and you rarely switch between them then it's not a big deal, but it would be very frustrating if you're switching between multiple companies many times a day.

Réponse de Intuit Traduire en français

I'll exhaust my resources to ensure you can seamlessly switch between companies, Genevieve. When it comes to crashes of any type, a great place to start is with this Community-hosted overview: community.intuit.com/articles/1460106. It tackles causes of a crash, as well as solutions.

While I always suggest making backups to safeguard against data loss (community.intuit.com/articles/1460106), I also encourage you to explore the Community space a bit more. Search for any specific error codes you may see before the system closes out, as this multi-function Q&A space is a comprehensive troubleshooting database with fixes penned by the engineers themselves.

Have a lovely weekend ahead, and keep up the great work at San Diego Vacation Rentals and Realty Consultants!

Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Carolyn B.
  • Industry: Conseil en gestion
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an

QuickBooks Pro Review for Small Business Owner

Publié le 12/04/2017

I use QuickBooks Pro to manage my independent consulting company and selected the monthly subscription option. This has proven to be a very good decision for me, making what could be a very painful process much less onerous.

When you initially log in, you are greeted with a home screen dashboard with the salient business points visually presented. The menu along the side is intuitive to use and most things are easy to find. Linking to my bank accounts was painless, and it's a one click update to get the latest transactions added for all of my accounts.

My Accountant can log in with their own login (you can give up to 2 Accounting or Bookkeeping firms access) and work with my information in place. This makes my life easier so I don't have to export information and send it anywhere.

I did have a struggle with the Taxes portion, I made an installment and when the transaction came in I was unable to figure out how to apply it to my Sales Tax report. Maybe I will figure it out, but it isn't a easy as other functionality has proven to be. Also, I have had issues getting cheques to print properly on my bank stock cheques, so I wish that was something that you could modify more (move fields around to actually match up with where they are on my cheque).

Overall I am very happy with my choice, it is reasonably priced (about $ a month including all updates) and the functionality and ease of use have been great for someone who is not a financial expert (I'm an IT expert).

Avantages

Easy to link to bank accounts
Invoicing is quick
Can allow access to your Accountant or Bookkeeper
Love the Home Dashboard!

Taxes are tricky.
You can't have a separate area for your home budgeting/expenses, would need to have a separate license and login. - this would be nice to have.
Cheque layout can't be modified so I cannot use with my bank cheques (i.e. If I want to move address info up or down to match where it should actually print on my cheque).