Haiku Deck

Cloud-based presentation tool for educational institutions

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
4/5
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application

13 avis

Julio césar P.
Note globale
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Fantastic presentation tool that makes you do professional slides in a very simple way.

Publié le 01/07/2018

Excellent features for doing engaging presentations, very simple to use. For teachers or professionals aiming to produce professional-looking presentations.

Avantages

This app is extremely easy to use. It is ideal for any teacher, business man or professional in general, interested in doing engaging presentation for a sophisticated audience. In a way, its slick interface and innovative display succeeds in breaking the mold in terms of presentation making. Haiku Deck will allow you to select interesting and engaging pictures and short sentences for expressing your ideas. As a teachers, I find it very useful for doing simple presentations in a short period of time. Therefore, I don't need to invest a lot of money doing presentations on pp or other more complex to use softwares.

Inconvénients

Nothing negative to say about this app,I really think it delivers what it promises, the available fonts are adequate, as well as the features and/or options.

Réponse de Giant Thinkwell Traduire en français

Thanks so much for taking the time to review Haiku Deck, Julio, and for your kind words. Please let us know if there's ever anything we can do to help you make the most of your subscription.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Like it a lot, but consider your goals

Publié le 13/01/2019

I'm pleased with the program given the way I use it. It achieves the goal for me, which is for quick and easy student creation projects.

Avantages

I've primarily used this platform as a student creation tool. I'm not in marketing or sales, so I cannot speak from that angle, but I do enjoy Haiku Deck as a web-based classroom platform. It's a fairly simple, user-friendly, clean platform, so I find that students learn to use and navigate rather quickly. They don't get "lost in the weeds" as with other programs that have tons of features and customizations. The product (slide deck) created is typically very well designed as well. I like that it also has a wide variety of images that are included for free. No need to pay or upload anything, uncless you want (in which case you can, since uploading is an option). Another great feature is that it handles charts and graphs quite well to be such a simple platform. I recommend giving it a try as an educator - students can create brilliant, well designed posters seamlessly and quickly. Another classroom idea is using Haiku Deck for flash cards, lab safety rules, classroom procedures, vocabulary walls, etc.

Inconvénients

As stated in the title, I like Haiku Deck, but you need to know your end-goal or purpose. If you need to create extensive slideshows with hyperlinks, videos, specific images, large amounts of information, then this might not be the platform for you. Some would consider Haiku Deck to be limited in features - it doesn't do a lot of heavy lifting or advanced options. There are also limitations on how much you can do with a free account, so this will not work if you want to create a lot for free. Last, there are just some things you cannot change - if you don't like a particular format, there's little you can do besides pick another preloaded option (e.g. few customizations).

Michael J.
  • Secteur d'activité: Défense et aérospatiale
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 0.0 /10

Horrible Customer Service

Publié le 09/01/2020

Avantages

I enjoyed the ease of use, many of the features were simple to understand. I also enjoyed that it had the ability to search pics to utilize in your presentation.

Inconvénients

Tried upgrading to the premium in order to use features that appeared to work in the pro, left multiple emails for support and never heard back. Extremely disappointed, and they charged my card for a whole year even though it's only been a week and there's no way to hear back from anyone. Each time I send an email I get this "Hi! We're a tiny team here and we'll be back in touch as soon as we can. Here's a little info that might help while you're waiting for us to respond:" with articles that have nothing to do with my issue. If you're hoping for professionalism, customer service, affordability, or functionality I'd go elsewhere.

Nicholas A.
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

Simple presentation tool with a professional look

Publié le 09/08/2017

It makes for a great quick way for students to show some understanding but doesn't afford a lot of maneuverability. I liked using it as an exit ticket with students- Pecha Kucha style.

Avantages

It's simple. It's straightforward. Haiku Deck makes it easy for people to put together a professional looking presentation that isn't loaded with text and images. Its simplicity is what makes it a good addition to your tech toolbox. This is great for teaching when you want to gauge students understanding of a topic quickly and don't want them over-inundating their presentations with videos, mass text, etc. I like the professional images that are included or being able to search within their database. I also like some of the added features: being able to share across multiple platforms and social media, as well as the option to allow others to reuse your presentation/template.

Inconvénients

The free version doesn't really get you much other than building 1 deck. And a lot of features etc are pay for. So you can't really get a good feel for the product and all it can do with 1 deck (presentation). The ability to add videos/youtube is also only available with the paid version as well as the ability to add audio which you can get with Google Slides built in or even a program like Pear Deck/Nearpod.

• Secteur d'activité: Photographie
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 4.0 /10

Beautiful

Publié le 15/03/2019

At the end of the day, if they fixed that bug and things work fine, I might return; ease-of-experience is worth everything to me (because I work 22 hours a day and need to save my strength for productive hassles rather than logistical ones). No hard feelings and would def recommend to anyone who could afford to pay the sub price without wincing.

Avantages

Easy, beautiful, powerful, simple, elegant. In both interface and final product. Easy to make a quick presentation on phone or iPad even.

Inconvénients

Had a problem with the audio function and wrote to the company but never heard back. I don't have the time to chase a fix or reply, so I just ended my subscription and moved to another app. One thing I really don't like is the thing where free accounts are public, aka everyone can see my deck if I don't pay. Also, the product is priced higher than comparable apps, and I never found out how they justified charging twice or even thrice the subscription price of literally almost IDENTICAL apps. Of course, every company can charge what it wants and if someone thinks it's too much, he doesn't have to pay or use that product, but I'm genuinely curious as to whether it could have features I never heard of (and missed out on! Hmph.).

Shane P.

• Simplicité d'utilisation

I've used this program as a classroom teacher and instructional technology coach.

Publié le 08/02/2018

Avantages

HaikuDeck is a great, reliable, and user-friendly slide deck creating program for teachers and students alike. Simple and clean slide decks are created with minimal effort due to the user-friendly interface and ease of access to resources (images, charts, etc.). Personally, I enjoy using this product for student creations. Students can create vocabulary cards for personal study or well-designed posters for projects. Although I used it primarily in science classes, I think it's a versatile tool that can be used across content areas, as well as in the business spectrum for marketing, branding, etc. highly recommend!

Inconvénients

I would not say this is a complaint, but Haiku Deck does limit what you are capable of doing. You do not start with a blank slide and limitless potential. You cannot edit to your heart's desire, so you are limited to some extent. However, this decision, I think is justified because they desire for users to create clean, simple slide decks. In order to do so, they limit graphic design opportunities.

Sarah G.
  • Secteur d'activité: Divertissement
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 10 000+ employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Best product for dynamic presentation design!

Publié le 19/02/2019

We create high impact training slide decks with this program, and have eliminated all other traditional programs for this one! I work in entertainment and e-learning and it has to be cutting edge design wise - and this program is perfect for it!

Avantages

This is perfect for modern, and clean looking slide decks. The images, overlays, fonts and transparent/depth options make your decks look like they came from a paid designer. Excellent if you are looking to keep the viewer engaged. It leaves a high impact impression. I like that I can put my design vision into a slide deck instead of being limited by what most programs offer in terms of design. You can create the feel you want!

Inconvénients

I love this product - the design is so sharp. But sometimes alignment can be tricky to get together, but the more you play with it the better you get at it.

Sarah M.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 5 001-10 000 employés

Presentations in Haiku Deck

Publié le 24/04/2020

Haiku Deck comes with attractive templates and graphics to make any presentation beautiful! Teachers have loved using it in their classrooms!

Avantages

As an Instructional Technologist, my K-12 teachers and administrators are always looking for ways to create professional, eye-catching presentations. Haiku Deck has been a favorite!

Inconvénients

None. Haiku Deck is user-friendly and allows teachers to create very professional presentations that are easy to share with others.

Nancy j H.
  • Secteur d'activité: Conseil en gestion
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 2-10 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 0.0 /10

Support? What support?

Publié le 31/03/2019

I am not sure why I am unable to access my PRO features, despite the fact that I paid for an annual subscription, because I get no response (as in zero) from every support avenue I could locate. I think the problem may result from my computer crash last year. I purchased a new one and I believe my account will not activate on the new IP. But how am I to know or fix if I cannot make contact with support?

Avantages

The idea, the concept, is great. Images are powerful conveyors of the message.

Inconvénients

I have tried multiple times and ways to reach support and have received no response. My account page said that my credit card would be charged the annual fee in a few days but I could not get a response to my support question, so I canceled.

Joshua H.
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 1 à 5 mois

• Support client

An amazing tool for the arsenal!

Publié le 16/04/2018

Avantages

As a teacher I need an edge when it comes to direct instruction. Haiku deck allows me to turn the tables and allow students to present the info. They love using this tool!

Inconvénients

The learning curve can be steep for some of my younger kids, but overall the interface is easy and effective!

• Secteur d'activité: Enseignement supérieur
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 201-500 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus d'un an

Great PPT Alternative

Publié le 26/04/2018

Excellent graphics to use in presentations, easy format, great customer service

Avantages

Awesome graphics; great customer support; great webinars; good conversion to PPT if you want to use a previous lecture format; great educational discount

Inconvénients

Nothing. Haiku deck has become a great alternative (along with Prezi) to PowerPoint in the lecture/presentation software space

Réponse de Giant Thinkwell Traduire en français

Thanks so much for taking the time to review Haiku Deck... Your encouragement and enthusiasm means the world to us. Please let us know if we can ever be of help to you in making the most of the app.

Sean W.
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 1 à 5 mois

Exceeded my expectations

Publié le 10/05/2018

Avantages

Haiku Deck has been very easy to use and allows me to make presentations much more easily. The editing options are varied more than some of the more well known softwares such as Microsoft or Apple. The available styles stand out more as well which is quite ideal.

Inconvénients

I haven't run into any negative experience thus far with this software. It's worked exactly as expected, if not better.

Réponse de Giant Thinkwell Traduire en français

Thanks so much for taking the time to review Haiku Deck, Sean. We appreciate your business and are ready if there's ever anything we can do to help you make the most of your subscription.

Shiah B.
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant Essai gratuit

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Very Cool Software

Publié le 06/11/2019

Nice and easy.

Avantages

This is very cool and user-friendly software.

Inconvénients

Can have more things in it.