Avis sur SendGrid

An Easy to Use Email Marketing Software

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 1 à 5 mois
Publié le 05.07.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

The detailed stats from each email campaign is amazing, and the Unsubscribe groups option really helped with GDPR compliance

Avantages

1. On the bottom left side of the dashboard is a small reputation percentage bar, that measures your reputation. The bar is updated daily based on your email sends, your reputation goes down if your email bounces or is marked as spam.
2. Stats: SendGrid provides A LOT of data on the performance of your email campaigns, these stats are: Requests, Delivered, Opens, Unique Opens, Clicks, Unique Clicks, Unsubscribes, Spam Reports, Bounces, Blocks, Bounce Drops, Spam Report Drops, Unsubscribe Drops and Invalid Emails. SendGrid also provides stats such as: Global Stats, Category Stats, Category Comparison, Subuser Stats, Subuser Comparison, Geographical, Email Clients & Devices, Mailbox Provider Stats, Mailbox Provider Comparison, Browser Stats, and Browser Comparison
3. A/B Testing
4. Unsubscribe Groups: This is without doubt my favorite feature from SendGrid. When you click on "Marketing" on the left side of your dashboard, and select tour from the drop down, it sort of lists steps to set up for sending marketing emails. Step 3 on the list of things to do is to create unsubscribe groups. Here you can Create groups that represent types of email that you regularly send to your recipients. If a recipient chooses to unsubscribe, they will have the option of selecting which of these groups they want to unsubscribe from.

Inconvénients

1. The Email templates in SendGrids gallery are a bit basic which initially wasn't a problem as I liked creating my own template, but I did not like how I couldn't modify the "columns" module to my taste.

I wanted to create a template with three columns with the center column bigger than the two on the side. The idea was to have my client's images linking to their projects (On their websites) on the side columns, with the write up in the center column.
However, that couldn't be done (At least so far it seems so as I can't find any option to tweak the size/width of each column) as each column has an equal width.

2. No automation function: I'd like to create a sort of If/Then sequence where I can resend an email to a group of people after x days, for example, I'd like to resend an email (With a different heading of course) to people who have not opened the first email after four days.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

We use SendGrid to send emails from our database. It does a fabulous job!

Publié le 05.12.2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

They consistently send out my emails and help us comply with the CAN-SPAM act. They help us make sure people are getting the emails they want but not the ones they don't. I can't imagine trying to manage our emails without them.

Avantages

It sends emails from our database. The set up for that was extremely easy, and as a non-profit, the pricing is extremely affordable. It allows us to see general statistics for our emails as well as monitor whether a specific recipient actually opened a specific email or clicked on it. It also notifies us if someone clicks spam or unsubscribes so we can remove them from our database. It's easy to monitor what is happening to our emails. When we were somehow blacklisted by AT&T, we were able to catch that quickly and get it resolved.

Inconvénients

SendGrid campaigns is a little difficult to work with. Also, their unsubscribe groups doesn't seem to work as well as I would like. It is difficult to know exactly what categories of email people are wanting to receive.

Awesome software!

Publié le 09.03.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We send approximately 300K emails per month and Sendgrid made this job very easy for us. I strongly recommend this software.

Avantages

We needed an email server provider for our web application and my friend recommended me Sendgrid 3 years ago. We are still using it without any problem. Our Pro 300K plan gives us a clean, dedicated IP address so our automatic emails don't end up in Spam folders.

You can observe the email's journey and get various analytics on how many emails are delivered, how many people have opened, how many clicks etc.

Our marketing team also started to use Sendgrid to send newsletters. It is very easy to manage contact lists and subscriptions.

Customer support is great. They helped a lot whenever we have a question or problem.

API documentation is clean and thorough.

Inconvénients

Website menu structure is a bit complicated and left menu fonts are faded. It is hard to read the menu elements. It's color should be darker.

Our email client backup

Publié le 14.05.2018

piece of mind!

Avantages

My course site sends about 50,000 emails a year, containing important information like login/passwords, due dates for content, and other time-sensitive things. Instead of relying on my marketing email client (which can end up in the promotions tabs, or users can mark as spam), my course emails are sent by SendGrid, and always land in the Primary box, because of it's incredibly relevant material. And it just works. It was easy to hook it up to my website, and quickly test.

Inconvénients

It's not a email client. It's more of a backbone, that you use another piece of software to build the emails. Which is fine for my use case, since the course site builds the email, and SendGrid sends the email out to my student.

Good Product, Not Great

Publié le 12.12.2017

Avantages

-SendGrid has recently in the last year, come up with a better pricing model for its newletter service. Our E-mail service provider spend was cut in 1/2.
-Easy to use. API is well put together and good for programmers.
-Reporting is good. I can get to the information I want fairly quickly and easily.

Inconvénients

- Lacking some features / integrations we'd like to see, like with social media platforms
- We feel we significantly overpaid for services from SendGrid in the past, and nearly left SendGrid due to completely being unwilling to works with us in getting something back for that.
- Web UI is still a little buggy.
- Fixing bugs and new feature implementation seems slow

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Used to be great but now it's so complicated

Publié le 11.07.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I'd recommend Sendgrid to programmers and app developers, but not business owners trying to get Sendgrid to work for them. Way too difficult with no documentation.

Avantages

Lots of features for transactional e-mail and marketing, great UI, price is reasonable if you can get it to work

Inconvénients

Trying to implement a simple contact form through Sendgrid's Web API is worse than pulling teeth, and the documentation has different code library examples scattered around the web, nothing works. Ridiculous that Sendgrid doesn't publish a common use example for PHP. Those developers may think they did, but they didn't. And support takes their sweet time, and they won't help with your PHP code at all. So guess what? Leaving Sendgrid. Simple.

1.0/10

If it were possible to give out negative stars in customer support I would

Publié le 25.04.2018

emails

Avantages

It sends emails and that's about the only good thing about this product

Inconvénients

This product and their customer support team had an editor that could switch between code and design view that I loved and they discarded it. They advertise like the switch they made is genius and is unquestionably better. It's also frustrating how they just ignore customer issues like this, all I want is a simple way to switch between code and design view and they won't even respond to me when I ask about it.

TLDR; Terrible customer service & buggy template editor

0.0/10

Great email delivery service. Can't beat the price!

Publié le 15.04.2018

Avantages

SendGrid delivers almost ALL my email reliably.
For my volume of email, it's a FREE service.
Allows me track my emails through the delivery process, and manually resend when necessary.

Inconvénients

The FREE service does not allow you to use CHAT support. I'd be willing to pay for this feature!
They use to move me to better IP groups when the IP group I was in became blacklisted, now they don't.
The NEW version of their website's User Interface is not as good for me as the previous version was.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Awesome software for our company.

Publié le 07.03.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Great software for any company that send a lot of emails to clients. Automation is key!

Avantages

Sendgrid manages and distributes all of our email notifications to the clients. We normally send about 10,000 + a day and this program lets us monitor who's received it and who's spammed or bouncing them back.

Inconvénients

The layout is hard to navigate if you're logging in for the first time. It does get easier. I wish there was more criteria to search for. Error message reasons do not make sense sometimes.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

The best transactional Email service provider, Email management..

Publié le 13.06.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We have a startup, Sendgrid provides us free 30000 Email. We have implemented Sendgrid API into our product to send Welcome Emails. So it helps us a lot.

- Provide best transactional Email service
- High-grade deliverability, scalability, and reliability when it comes to email management
- Very easy to use
- Drag and drop feature enhance the efficiency
- Campaign email management is easy
- I love the template mail feature because it helps in my product a lot

Inconvénients

I am a programmer and wanted to implement Sendgrid API in my startup company to send Welcome messages. I used Python, but the official documentation of Sendgrid in Python is very poor. There are lots of issues on Sendgrid Github repository.
Apart from this Prices for Sendgrid Services are bit high as compared to other competitors.

Our database sends 1,000+ emails a day via Sendgrid

Publié le 13.07.2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We did not have to set up our mailing server and worry about compliance. Sendgrid would monitor reputation and ensure deliverability.

Avantages

We've been using Sendgrid for our notifications since 2013. It was easy to set up, and I once we did it we haven't touched it for years, everything has been working smooth since.

Inconvénients

Sengrid has recently limited the view of email activity to 3 days. We've used this feature once a month reviewing bounces and drops to maintain our reputation score above 99%.

A one-stop shop.

Publié le 04.05.2018

Avantages

I love the ease of configuration when integrating SendGrid with our in-house or 3rd party applications. In addition to that, SendGrid has proper Feedback loops set up, which allows us to scale our operations accordingly.

Inconvénients

It can be difficult to really get the answers you need when you need them with send grid because their UI has so a lot of options within it and the Marketing Campaigns UI is not the best, in comparison to other ESPs.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Amazing product! Delivers emails right in the inbox

Publié le 12.09.2017

- Email sending
- Reliable delivery of emails
- Spam rate score calculations
- Automation of campaigns
- Integrations with other tools

Avantages

We use SendGrid integrated with Mautic to send emails and email campaigns. We started to use SendGrid after MailChimp stopped it's free plan. We've been satisfied with the solution and the delivery rate offered is amazing. You get 12k free emails which is sufficient to start with. The APIs are easy to use and available for almost every task.

Inconvénients

The dashboard UI could be better. Sometimes the color is so light that it is just difficult to read the back-end. But that's about it.

Great Software in Emailing system

Publié le 13.04.2018

Avantages

SendGrid is a great tool for emailing system. its very easy in terms of configuration, implementation, administration and cost effective etc. there are multiple feature you can setup in setting sections according to requirement.
I really want to appreciate the SendGrid team to create a user friendly and spammer free tools.

Inconvénients

However SendGrid is the best tool, i have used in past. but there is always a scope in any software for betterment. in this case I just want some customization in reports. it will be better if we can customized the reports according to requirements.

Easy to use from a Customer Support perspective

Publié le 27.06.2018

Avantages

Very easy to use and navigate. Many of our Customer Support Representatives have access to Sendgrid due to the ease of use. Sendgrid provides a lot of data that is helpful when investigating an issue related to email marketing.

Inconvénients

There are some aspects of the service that you would assume should be included in your subscription, but you are required to pay for them (a-la-carte style) if you want to use them.

Great ESP with SMTP support

Publié le 24.04.2018

Avantages

easy to set up, white label url, and get emails sending through API and marketing campaigns. Fast delivery and general reporting.

Inconvénients

The pricing could be more granular for marketing campaigns. The cost per email address is not always relevant especially if you have a segment that you rarely send to. Campaign tracking pixels would be nice to add to website to have a simple CRM system in send grid campaigns.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

Easy to use and sends email fast

Publié le 04.04.2018

Avantages

We just use the SMTP relay portion of the software. It's extremely easy to get setup and email gets delivered quickly. We had blacklist issues with previous providers so it's nice to see that's not an issue. Pricing is very reasonable.

Inconvénients

I believe the reporting could be a bit better. Finding specific messages can sometimes be hard. Other than that I can't really complain about the software.

The best in business

Publié le 10.05.2018

Avantages

I like how simple and easy to track the email activity. It gives me an outlook, and in-detail view.
It does a lot more than that, but this is what is relevant to my role.
Also, it has a whole community to track everything new in e-marketing.

Inconvénients

Nothing I'm aware of, but maybe they don't have a phone app. Sometimes I need to know the stats of one email, but it's only possible by day.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

One of the better transnational email solutions out there

Publié le 17.05.2018

Avantages

Sendgrid is a great tool for anyone looking for a transactional solution. Their pricing is reasonable and their uptime is super low. Has been a big improvement for us moving from a custom in house soltution to Sendgrid

Inconvénients

Their support is sometimes a little slow and their marketing solution is improving. It's not at the level of other marketing solutions (campaign monitor) yet though.

7.0/10

Awesome email service to ensure your email gets delivered and help you track it

Publié le 18.05.2018

Avantages

SendGrid is a very reliable email service. With our local service, we consistently had delivery problems for our transactional email, and often ran into IP blacklisted and our emails being considered spam. After switching to SendGrid those problems have gone away. SendGrid has a great user interface, is easy to setup, and allows for us to easily see when emails have been delivered, opened, or when links have been clicked. Great customer service, highly recommend!

Inconvénients

Email logging could have a longer history on the sendgrid website, however they do have an API to receive the email history data so we can capture and store the data ourselves so it's somewhat offset.

Probabilité de recommander le produit

So easy and so affordable

Publié le 12.04.2018

Avantages

SendGrid makes it easy to have emails delivered right to my user's inbox. There are already a ton of integrations available. The API itself is really easy to use.
I haven't gone a day without using it since I signed up.

Inconvénients

Every time you change plans, you need to explain the upgrade. I know it's a security measure to avoid spammers, but it could take a little less longer.

Good Product, Excellent Documentation

Publié le 18.05.2018

Avantages

As a developer, the importance of clear well-written documentation cannot be overstated. In my opinion, SendGrid's documentation is one of their best assets.

Inconvénients

SendGrid definitely excels as an email deliverability platform for applications, but their offering for email marketing when compared to the likes of MailChimp, ActiveCampaign and, etc. leaves a lot to be desired.

Publié le 07.06.2018

Avantages

Application that allows for the tracking of emails, sent at minute and large overview. You can see where emails were sent from your domain to specific domains, or even from a sub-domain.

Inconvénients

The biggest concern is that email content is not tracked through SendGrid, and while not a huge issue when dealing with the large scope, this feature could increase its positivity.

Poor deliverability

Publié le 12.07.2018

Avantages

Good starting point for a small company. Freemium plan was working quite well. After an initial period volume started to increase and that caused the upgrade.

Inconvénients

Ironically we started to have deliverability problems as soon as we upgraded to the Essential plan. Our emails started to bounced with "face" reasons given as explanation. According to their support, the recipient complains caused the bounces. Yet, it these very recipients complained to us that they were not receiving their email notifications. The only solution the Sendgrid offered was to upgrade to a dedicated IP address that would not help much because our lower volume of email traffic. Very disappointing lack of support.

3.0/10

Saddened I didn't try this earlier

Publié le 03.11.2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I really enjoy the poiwer of sendgrid. We converted from mandrill, and have been nothing short of ecstatic. We custom brand the sending domain and user interface. The API is excellent, and a drop in replacement with excellent documentation. The tracking and stats facilities are excellent, and more powerful than we can imagine. We have several user identities with varied levels of access to the service.

Avantages

We use this for our transactional emails, and have realized that sendgrid provides powerful tools for analysis of delivery of transactional and marketing emails. The unsubscribe feature is excellent, and ensures we remain CAN-SPAM compliant.

Inconvénients

The main sendgrid website is a little hard to navigate, but this isnt an issue with the app itself.