ThingLink

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application

88 avis

Jessica (jessi) E.
  • Secteur d'activité: Enseignement supérieur
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

EMT Instructor - outside of the box thinking!

Publié le 13/08/2021

Overall experience is positive. Students can engage 24/7, inside and outside of the classroom and it's so much better than just flat pictures!

Avantages

First, I got a special pricing because I was signed up for the email list and it helped save me quite a few dollars as my department wasn't ready to purchase a larger institutional package, so that was a nice factor for me as it was out of pocket.

What I enjoy most about thinglink is that while all students prefer visuals, for my particular curriculum, Emergency Medical Technicians, they are VERY visual and hands-on. For them, flat pictures don't always get across what we need them to know. So being able to have interactive images, 3d images and all in one photos that we can put videos in, links to other places we want them to go, etc is super convenient and useful.

In my field, a lot of instructors always complain about how the students aren't engaged...well yeah, if you do "death by powerpoint" no wonder! While this program does have a bit of a learning curve (mild to moderate depending on your tech level), it's a way to help mitigate that complaint. It's accessible outside of class and you don't need to always be the "sage on the stage" - students can see these 24/7 whether we're there or not.

Inconvénients

I would say that my con isn't so much about the software itself, but rather trying to convince my department on getting outside of the box and learning it on their own or as a team. I have quite a few people in my department who look at me like I'm some tech guru and while they think things are cool (including thinglink), to actually take the time to learn it on their own - the motivation just isn't there. So anything "techy" is thrown my way or begrudgingly learned.

That being said - what I would love is obviously highly specific to my field but in the premade 3d options, I would like more EMS friendly scenes, such as streets, interiors of homes, inside of hospitals, etc but I completely get that isn't exactly as exciting as Egypt or Denali state park! So I have a bit of work to do on my end in order to put that into my own workspace. But otherwise, I'm satisfied with the program for what I need it to be at the moment.

Melissa S.
  • Secteur d'activité: Télécommunications
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

Interactivity for Collaboration

Publié le 11/08/2021

So far the experience has been good. The support response and reaction were a bit slow and they didn't quite understand what I was looking for and anticipate my next question but they were reactive.

Avantages

ThingLink is very easy to use and deploy. It's also very easy to teach others how to use this software. I like that they're are a lot of different options to choose from when designing learning experiences.

Inconvénients

There are a few features that could be improved. I wasn't told at the time that there was a huge bug/issue with the e-learning modules and I had to rethink how I was going to deliver a specific course. That was a challenge. I'd love the ability to import PowerPoints directly and animate them as well.

Genially

Pourquoi passer à ThingLink

It was a bit less expensive and I felt that the features would help me to achieve a more thorough product learning experience for our use case.
Ola D.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: Auto-entrepreneur
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant Essai gratuit

Importance thinglink

Publié le 15/08/2021

Interesting

Photo 365, tags , audio , link's , icons

Inconvénients

There is no download in the free version

Teresa M.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 10 000+ employés

Presentation Organizer

Publié le 11/08/2021

Super easy for the youngest minds to use and interact with technology for classroom projects. I enjoyed the versatility of it and ease of use. Assign and go for students.

Avantages

I enjoyed students being able to connect websites and other information to create a interactive infographic for their presentations. The new 3D features are an added bonus for the coming year.

Inconvénients

Adding emoticons and some other features with text might be helpful with the trends.

Prezi

Pourquoi passer à ThingLink

Cost and ease of assigning to students and having access myself with their work.
Abby C.
  • Secteur d'activité: Musique
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant Essai gratuit

Super fun and efficient!

Publié le 11/08/2021

It has been so helpful for teaching virtual students. It transports them into a virtual world where they can hear me teach, see what I am referring to, and have deeper understanding.

Avantages

I can use this software to help students understand the music they are playing, the instruments they are learning, or emphasize notes in my presentations to other classes. This has been revolutionary in a year where students often have to go virtual for short periods of time.

Inconvénients

I would like to see more options for my field for 360 designs.

Erin M.
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Useful in the moment, stopped using after a while

Publié le 11/08/2021

Thinglink was really important to our tech rollout at the beginning of the pandemic, it saved us! Wish I could have used it more.

Avantages

I really liked the voice feature as I was working with children who did not know how to read yet.

Inconvénients

Our school district used a platform called Seesaw that was not compatible with Thinglink, so after a while, I stopped using Thinkglink because of the way the district took our content output. Sad face!

CANVAS

Pourquoi passer à ThingLink

We chose Thinglink at first because it was easier to figure out.
Madeleine L.
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant 1 à 5 mois

Amazing education tool

Publié le 14/09/2021

ThingLing is an amazing too to engage students of any age. While I teach seven- and eight-year-olds at the moment, I have taught all ages and am excited to make ThingLink activities to share with students of a wide range of ages. The ability to use your own images and customise the experience to your students' needs and interests is invaluable.

Avantages

The user's ability to move around the "space" is my favourite part and what I think sets this tool apart from other similar ones I've used as a teacher.

Inconvénients

I would like to be able to make individual parts of the image clickable themselves, instead of having to add an icon on top. This could make the game a little more challenging and require more creative thinking on the part of the students.

Julie R.
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Great Way to Engage Students in Online Classes!

Publié le 11/08/2021

I recently started to embed what I call "Extra Credit Easter Eggs" in each weekly module. What I do is "hide" an extra credit opportunity somewhere in the week's lesson. For example, at the end of a video or audio recording, there might be instructions like visit History.com and write one paragraph identification on what happened this day in history, or read an article about a recent archeological discovery and write a summary, etc. To add more variety, I started using ThingLink images. I always post an image in the header for each weekly lesson, and so I took a few of those images and created "extra credit" assignments. For example, in a lesson on nationalism, I upload a picture of the 1980 US Olympic hockey team standing on the podium with their gold medals. I link a 5-minute YouTube video of the game highlights. I also embed the "information" (i) icon on the picture. When a student clicks this button, a card pops up, giving them instructions for an extra credit opportunity to write a one-paragraph summary of this game and explain why it is important, especially in terms of nationalism. Using ThingLink this way has allowed me to turn my static images into interactive teaching tools, which make the online course much more engaging and interesting. Using ThingLink has made my online class much more dynamic.

Avantages

I am constantly looking for ways to make my online World and American history classes more interactive and engaging. I was introduced to ThingLink through the Instructional Design team at my college. I love that there are many different interactive ways to create engaging content for an online class. I am an intermediate computer/internet user and I found this software easy to use. I have created several images already with embedded video links, hyperlinks, and text. The images I include in each weekly lesson are no longer static but interactive, helping to change the perception of online classes to one in which online classes are seen as exciting, interactive, fun, and meaningful rather than simply text uploaded by a professor from a canned template.

Inconvénients

I did have some challenges at first using this software. Originally, I had a small quota for the number of times my ThinkLink could be viewed, which was limiting because I teach large introductory courses every semester. But, I talked to the Instructional Designers, who were able to get me more seats and views. Initially, I tried to embed the ThingLink (using the embed code) directly into my Learning Management System (LMS). However, my LMS will not take the embed code. So instead, I have to copy and paste the link and embed the content that way. I struggled at first with this method because I was not aware that I needed to check the "Hide ThingLink interface. If checked, media will take a whole viewport of a browser" box. Once I figured this out, I have had no problems embedding ThingLink images in my LMS weekly module pages.

Dr. n. rathankar R.
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 1 à 5 mois

usage of thinglink

1. physics learning made easy
2. i get my students think critically
3. increase student engagement during this pandemic

Avantages

the software is very useful, since i need not do any video, but borrow a video from youtube and add my explanations and design an experiment using it

I am a physics teacher and I find this useful in my teaching methods

When I started to teach kinematics, I took up a video of a car chasing scene from a movie, clipped it and then showed to the students the difference between velocity and acceleration. There are many interactive things that one can do using this software. In this pandemic era, virtual labs are very essential and this software keeps my students glued to their seats during my lecture.

Thank you Thinglink for such a wonderful software , that makes our life more easier.

Inconvénients

If i was a software developer, probably I would like to put several measuring tools in a tool box that I can use it while using a video. I would like to scale up the video and do calculations using it. Eg: if I am showing a planetary simulation in the video and the distance between the planets and the sun can be measured using the tools, then if each of these distances are scaled up by certain value, can the constants be calculated?

Sean M.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Accessible for all users.

Avantages

Thinglink offers such a dynamic experience for students to engage with, I have been able to choose almost any media and embed the content, which enables me to supply information in a digestible and interesting format that is accessible for all users.

Inconvénients

I was limited on what I could achieve with students due to the capabilities of an E-Learning account.

Melisa F.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 5 001-10 000 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus d'un an

Bringing Art to Life

Publié le 11/08/2021

I was blown away by the software and the final product. The more I explored and found more features, the more excited I was about using the program creatively.

I ended up using the software for our Culminating Activity (Exam) in my courses. Students had to upload a famous piece of artwork that they chose, and identify all of the Elements and Principles of Design (Grade 9 & 10 Ontario Curriculum). They also had to research the artist, time period, art movement, etc. They were also encouraged to add appropriate music (either time-specific or mood-specific) and extra links to interesting YouTube videos or resources related to their paintings.

The work my students produced using the software, after a few short tutorials, was incredible. I feel the activity was extremely worthwhile. The project had high efficacy, and follows a substantial number of trends and mandates in education, including a love for learning and nurturing autonomy.

I particularly enjoyed that students were able to apply all of the core concepts that we covered in class into one solid, easy to assess project. The learning was embedded into the assignment so it was a healthy mix of requirements and fun. They were also excited to present their work and demonstrated personal investment and pride in their work.

Avantages

There isn't anything I don't like about this software. It's incredibly easy to use, my students enjoy using it, and the final product is both entertaining, and allows me to assess their learning at (almost) a glance.

I can see how ThingLink would be useful in ANY industry. It is a user-friendly program that yields a professional looking product.

I purchased a licence for a year, but I will certainly be renewing. The price point for individual accounts is reasonable. I do hope, however, that School Boards will consider purchasing licensing for all Educators.

Inconvénients

Initially when uploading pictures, the size was determined by the file that I uploaded. I had to 'shop' for the perfect size to upload, which was confusing for some students (learning about pixellation and file sizes, etc).

I believe this part has been adjusted. The last set of assignments seemed to have more consistent sizing. I would prefer that the picture fits to the size of the monitor automatically.

I may have overlooked an option to do this. I'm still finding new features!

Melanie M.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 501-1 000 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Easy to use - Some bugs in stats

Publié le 11/08/2021

Overall, I enjoy the software, and have found the support team to be helpful. There are issues that I would like resolved, but will continue to use the software regardless.

Avantages

ThingLink is very user friendly. While I primarily use this software to upload and tag videos, my collogues use the picture features and insert them into our FAQs. This provide a helpful alternative to learning for students who are more visually motivated.

Inconvénients

There are a few bugs and corrections I would like to see implemented in the future. For one, the "approximate time on media" statistic does not accurately collect data for newer videos I have uploaded (since May 2021). While I am working with Support, a weekly status report from the company addressing these issues and providing updates would be appreciated, as it keeps us in the loop as to what issues ThingLink is aware of, and what they are working to fix. While the people I have interacted with have been helpful, I would like more transparency within the company and for this reason I have dropped Customer Service to 4/5 stars.

Additionally, while adding tags to videos, it is difficult to insert the tag at the exact frame I need as the play head does not "snap" to exact frames (compared to Adobe Premiere Pro, for instance) and instead operates as more of a sliding scale. Not a huge issue, but more of a stylistic ease-of-use feature that I would like to see implemented.

Karsten S.

Modern education software

Publié le 11/08/2021

I work a long time with ThingLink and have made some international project based on ThingLink but even in my daily classroom I let it use my students to work with in projects and summaries of work flows.

Avantages

I like that students can use this product very easy and in a way that they can be proud of theirs work. It looks professional and give my students the one of the best software for to show what they learned and how they think. From the beginning through a own drawn/taken picture to the end when they can show their progress in the project.

Inconvénients

The enrolment is quiet technical and gives my colleagues a huge step to overcome before they want really to use it in their classrooms.

Nick A.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Interactive and engaging. It's more than a picture.

Publié le 17/11/2017

I gained the ability to recreate a lot of classroom material in fun, creative ways. I gained more engaged students who were expecting contact that they could interact with. This also helped me combine multiple tools together in ways that became more streamlined.

Avantages

Everything! Thinglink became a staple in my classroom when I was teaching. The ability to embed various content and tools that you and your students use everyday into the image is fun . It's a creative take on a digital "scavenger hunt", enabling users to go "find" the information they seek and interact with the image. Works well with Google Apps which is a must in education today. Has afforded me the opportunity to give students another creative outlet when working on projects or way for me to create more engaging material for them to access. With the ability to now include videos and 360 images/VR, Thinglink should be a staple in education.

Inconvénients

There is just so much you can do with Thinglink. My one gripe is that you cannot collaborate with other on the same Thinglink during the creation/editing phase.

Ludmila S.
  • Secteur d'activité: Enseignement supérieur
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 1 001-5 000 employés

Teaching should call for Positive Action

Publié le 11/08/2021

I enjoyed using the software and had a blast with my science classes. All the teacher candidates in my course deigned and taught Thinglink lessons at the local schools and the school bought the accounts for teachers.

Avantages

Thinglink is an easy to use software that allows you to use lots of interactive and diverse elements to create a rich learning experience for the learners. It starts with a FREE trial and for $35 a year a teacher can enhance teaching with the ThingLink interactive and 3D tools.

Inconvénients

I was upset that I lost my projects when the account was changed from paid to Free.

Sven H.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Attach interactive content to plain documents or pictures

Avantages

ThingLink's key feature is using previous content such as images or even 360° images and adding tags to it. Those tags can be any type of media, be it another ThingLink, an embed code, image, video, audio, you name it.
Best of all, you can create custom tags and design content that is perfectly suited for your goals.

Inconvénients

I have not found any feature missing that I would need for now.

Kelli P.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 11-50 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Extremely helpful during virtual learning!

Publié le 11/08/2021

Very pleased with this product!

Avantages

This product made my life easier as I was able to create engaging lessons and place all information, links, videos, assignments, etc all in one place, which made my students and parents lives easier as well.

Inconvénients

Some limitations but nothing major. I was able to work around it.

Sunghan P.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 201-500 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Why I should use this THINKLINK// I can THANKLINK

Publié le 11/08/2021

Big data is utilized to build information about the area around our school via the map function. It was easy to share videos and content created by students.

Avantages

As a teacher and a user of thinklink, I have been using it for years. Accessibility is very high, and students can easily create content on their own. I would like to commend this platform in its own right, as it allows teachers and students to engage naturally during class.

Inconvénients

There are times when the server is unstable, and sometimes it doesn't work well on other platforms. I'm not sure why, but sometimes uncomfortable cases occur during class.

Fortuna T.

Un eccellente strumento didattico

Publié le 11/08/2021

Sino entusiasta di questo strumento lo consiglio ai colleghi e i miei studenti li conoscono e lo apprezzano molto

Avantages

Utilizzo thinglink sia per creare lezioni dinamiche e creative con i miei studenti coinvolgendli nel loro apprendimento. Adoro le immagini 360 sono di notevole effetto e gli alunni riescono facilmente a personalizzarle inserendo nei tag video, immagini e la loro voce. Meraviglioso. Presento sempre questa app anche nei miei corsi di formazione docenti la ritengo validissima per creare tour virtuali.

Inconvénients

L'unica cosa che non mi ha entusiasmato è stato quando nella versione free non potevo creare classi con gli studenti. Ma sono passata al piano premium con molto entusiasmo.

Angel L.

Making Education Relevant

Avantages

ThingLink is such an engaging tool! It allows me to bring history to life while connecting with students across any distance. I thoroughly enjoy how quick and easy it is to create/set up while embedding interactive points and tools. I am able to add depth to my lessons by exposing students to multiple resources. It encourages independence and critical thinking while making each topic genuinely accessible.

Inconvénients

Nothing! ThingLink is incredibly intuitive and the features were easy to implement.

Ann L.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

Thinglink: Making learning in the classroom meaningful, relevant, and exciting!

Publié le 11/08/2021

Being a creative teacher, I love offering this program to my students, however the price gets costly every year. I still continue to use it because of how excited my student get to share new learning.

Avantages

What I love about Thinkglink is that it can be used as an educational platform that makes learning exciting for students. Instead of writing a book report on the Revolutionary War, students can use their research to create a dynamic visual and share their expertise with the class. This interactive platform allows students to be creative and explorative.

Inconvénients

I love this platform, however I would love that the platform allow students to draw picture and create diagrams. For instance students could teach a math or science topic to the class. As students use their presentation skills to share their ideas, the program can switch to other images or picture with the tabs that pertain to each.

Len C.
  • Secteur d'activité: Production audiovisuelle
  • Taille de l'entreprise: Auto-entrepreneur

Thinglink Thoughts

Publié le 11/08/2021

Thinglink helped me land a job. I teach courses in multimedia journalism at the university level. Recently, I interviewed for a job and discussed my professional work and the tools and software I use. I used a Thinkglink example. It is always interesting to see someone's facial reaction when they learn of the product for the first time. For example - What is this? Wow! Where did you get this? How do you use it? Wow!

Avantages

Thinglink, to me, is an immersive software that enhances teaching and the relaying of information.

Inconvénients

I don't see a downside as I have been with the software for quite some time and.

Valeria P.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 201-500 employés

A fantastic tool

Publié le 12/08/2021

I have been using thinglink for many years and I find it a fundamental ally for my lessons and the training courses I organize.

Avantages

Thinglink is a very versatile tool that allows you to create many types of projects based on your skills. It lends itself to simple and fast work, but also to structure very complex and rich paths.

Inconvénients

I think the integration with other tools could still be integrated as already done with Canva. In addition, basic models could be structured to be reused for new users.

Keith R.

ThingLink ROCKS!

Publié le 18/08/2021

Overall, ThingLink has been an answer to many of my questions as a teacher. It allows me to engage students in a creative and innovative way! Thanks!

Avantages

ThingLink is a very user friendly program. I am a US History teacher, images are extremely important in understanding what has happened in our country. ThingLink allows me to have students directly interact with images from history by identifying them and making connections between them. I also like the fact that ThingLink allows me to purchase just the amount of subscriptions that I need for my students...it's not a one-size fits all program. Tech support has been awesome although I rarely have to use it. Keep up the great work!

Inconvénients

So far...nothing! Uploading music could be easier but that's just an issue of getting the actual music to upload.

Deborah M.
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant Essai gratuit

This is an AMAZING resource

Publié le 12/08/2021

The benefits are untold. We haven't been using this long but students love it. It is easy to use, and, once I've put it together--it is a permanent resource. Students are engaged, the learning is targeted and individualized, and I am building an awesome resource bank.

Avantages

Seldom have I been so impressed with the potential of a program for math or foreign language! This is amazing; the procedure can be laid out on cards with a brief video clip (from a source or a voice over) on each step. My students love this resource.

Inconvénients

It is complete in every way; there is nothing I like least.