Final Draft

Logiciel de création, d'édition et de partage de projets de script

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

21 avis

Evelyn

Best collaborative writing

Publié le 12/08/2021

I have used Final Draft as a student and then on some companies where I worked. On my new job this is the software we use for every script and I find it so comfortable and easy to use and to send the new versions. Is great to collaborate specially when developing tv scripts, I like the option to track the changes and the beat cards.

Avantages

Final Draft is the best option when you are a professional writer. Even there are other softwares Final Draft is the one if you are working on the film or tv industry as most proffesionals and producers tend to use this one. The new version is great and the options to write along a colleague and see changes on real time is what I love the most.

Inconvénients

I think is a little expensive for the ones that are just starting. Is not that much intuitive you need to learn trough the practice, but anyways there are plenty of tutorials on their site

Alternatives envisagées

StudioBinder et Celtx

Pourquoi choisir Final Draft

Final Draft is the software that the industry uses as standar and that makes it easier to collaborate

Logiciel antérieur

Celtx

Pourquoi passer à Final Draft

Because this is a one payment license and also because it is the standar, also I can use it on my two computers.
Mike
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 51-200 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant 1 à 5 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

Final Draft is the best screenwriting program - if it's within your budget.

Publié le 11/02/2022

I love using Final Draft. Unfortunately I don't use it enough to validate spending the money for it but it is definitely the best screenwriting program on the market.

Avantages

The flawless integration and various exports are the best features. This program makes it so easy to keep tracking of ideas and completed acts.

Inconvénients

The price is least attractive thing here as the program itself works great.

Vanessa
  • Secteur d'activité : Rédaction et correction

Very Satisfied

Publié le 11/11/2022

I use Final Draft every day and like that their website has a lot of tutorials for how to navigate new features.

Avantages

Final Draft 12 has a lot of great new features and learning tools that are easy to use. Importing or converting files from older versions is much better and there are more tools for outlining, etc. It also has a template for single-cam scripts rather than calling them multi-cam or one-hour.

Inconvénients

The price is a bit too high and it could have better "Text" templates.

Ryan
  • Secteur d'activité : Logiciels

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Final Draft Review

Publié le 03/11/2022

I’ve been using Final Draft for over 15 years. I’m extremely comfortable with using this product to a fault that I’m hesitant to switch, even though there are other products that are significantly lower in cost. I feel the products are becoming less consistent and more buggy and being rushed to newer versions without fixing the issues that currently exist and specifically when using the product on a Windows computer.

Avantages

I like the software, because it takes very little time to learn, and you can be off and writing, and no time at all. Plus it is the industry standard ScreenWriting software.

Inconvénients

I think the cost does not justify the use any longer. There are several free, if not considerably lower costing screen writing software products that are available on the market today

Paul

Essential Software

Publié le 23/09/2022

I’ve had a good time using it as I sold a script. Wouldn’t have been possible without it.

Avantages

Absolutely essential for screenwriting. So once I made the leap and spent the money ($200) it was incredibly easy to write my script. The one time I needed support it was personal and solved my problem

Inconvénients

Just a bit of a learning curve with not much instruction. You have to kind of intuitively figure it out

Rabee
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 5 001-10 000 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

The only writing software you need

Publié le 01/05/2021

Overall, I would not make a switch to another software. I have tried a couple of free writing software, and we have to pay about $100 or sometimes a little more for Final Draft but it is the best software out there and makes our life very easy without us having to worry about anything.

Avantages

I have tried a couple of screenwriting software, but this is pretty much the industry standard, and for a good reason. The Final Draft allows you to just begin writing as soon as you open it without us having to worry about the format. Not to mention the other features like notes taking and working with different drafts of the same scripts is extremely easy. A very user-friendly software.

Inconvénients

In some of the older versions, the ability to collaborate with other writers to work on the same project together is not very possible. However, they did change that in the recently updated versions. Sometimes, we are constantly required to update in order to enjoy the new features in the updated versions, which can be sometimes very costly. But if we just want a standard writing software that is used industry-wise, then Final Draft does the job very well.

Bryn

Streamlined Imagination at Your Fingertips

Publié le 13/05/2021

Used this personally in film school and then professionally for plays, screenplays, and comics.

Avantages

The ease of use and non-existent learning curve of this software makes someone getting into play writing or screenwriting feel entirely comfortable. The intuitive functionality of this software makes writing an absolute dream. When on a roll, having your muse screaming in your ear, it will often be hard to keep up but shortcuts and keystrokes of the software can match any speed serendipity.

Inconvénients

You pay for what you get and that carries with it a high price tag whereby upgrades to newer software isn't included. My advice is to spend money on a community college film/tv writing course and then use that to get an education discount on Final Draft by linking the school email address to your software registration. You will break even with price and have more of a reason to write now that you're forced to in a class.

• Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Buggy on Windows machines

Publié le 31/03/2021

Despite the weird issues, I'll keep using it. Not only will I use it, I plan to buy an imac mini when I have the money so I can use it without all the bug issues. Overall it's good software, just wish they'd work out the issues on Windows.

Avantages

It's the industry standard so there are a lot of people to ask for help when I get stuck. There are also a lot of videos online.

Inconvénients

It can be very buggy on windows. Apparently these issues don't happen on the Mac version. For instance, if my friend edits a FD file while using two monitors and sends it to me, the file won't show up because it's on a second monitor that doesn't exist. Talk about a weird bug!

Gentian
  • Secteur d'activité : Design

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

The best tool for screenwriters

Publié le 20/08/2022

When I write in Final Draft, things become easy, I go with the flow of my thoughts, having fantastic support from a consolidated program, which makes writing a breeze.

Avantages

Very easy to use and automated formatting is superb. You have to focus on creating. It’s Final Draft that takes care of the rest. It is the industry represented in words

Inconvénients

The main difficulty resides in using special letters in other languages than English. For instance, the letter “ë” undergoes several modifying tools to be implemented. Even then, it’s only in uppercase.

Allan

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

Needs a Grammarly attachment

Publié le 02/11/2022

Inconvénients

Needs to have Grammarly type abilities to correct and suggest language that improves final product for final Draft.

Mack

Screenwriting Made Easy

Publié le 30/06/2021

My overall experience has been great because at the end of the day, it's how well you write, and what you can put out, that wins over the customer service and software issues. I find that once I'm on a plan, Final Draft is the go-to software for screenwriting, and it lasts for some time.

Avantages

I liked its ease of use most, thanks to a friendly user interface and fill-in-the-blank feature that finishes headers and character names for you. I also like the layout in that it emphasizes the white on the page, and subconsciously I believe that's a good indicator to the writer to write less, not more. Final Draft also has a number of ancillary features such as notes or trackers to help you progress, which, while not entirely necessary, is always a good thing to have in the backpocket when writing.

Inconvénients

I did not like the customer service and subscription plan for Final Draft. It's hard to get a hold of them--at least it was for me--or get their help in applying older versions of Final Draft that were already paid for to new computers. Final Draft's software updates at too fast a rate for me to keep up and I don't appreciate paying for new plans or adjusting old ones every time they do.

Trey

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 3.0 /10

The biggest brand, but not the greatest value

Publié le 18/11/2022

I loved what I accomplished with it. Seeing the scripts and really getting a knack for the craft that brought them to life. I was unfortunately rubbed the wrong way by the way my script fell apart and being told the only way to save my work was to buy the incredibly expensive, new version of the software. This led me to a much more cost-effective alternative that I have been incredibly happy with since.

Avantages

There was an incredible thrill seeing a software that easily and smoothly formatted my words into industry standard screenplays -- ESPECIALLY after having done it for quite some time manually in a more commonly used word processor. The ease of use and the quality of the final document was a true thrill when I was beginning my career.

Inconvénients

The list is long. Numerous features never worked for reasons that as far as I can tell were due to the compatibility of different software versions. While that might sound reasonable, the updates were frequent and always cost substantial amounts of money (for just an update!). This led to several collaborators having a different version of Final Draft that couldn't communicate with each other. While I understand the need for updates, I do not understand the frequency and the fact that it would knock out certain features such as the writer collaborating feature (which can now be easily replicated with online websites). I also reached a point where my software was working fine, but told that I needed to update it in order to work with my new computer. I went along with this, yet the update completely crashed my software, leading me to find alternative options.

Samuel
  • Secteur d'activité : Médias de diffusion
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois

FINAL DRAFT REVIEW

Publié le 13/01/2021

All in all it is the best writing app I have used so far. It's flexible and user friendly interface makes it a very good software.

Avantages

Features on final draft are very easy to use. When I first purchased the software it took me less than a day to be conversant with it and its features. Also it allows you to import a screenplay that was typed with another app in a text form. Lastly it gives you the flexibility to work on two or more projects at a time and that helps in revision a project or adaptation.

Inconvénients

However, what I dont like is the fact that it is not available on google play store. It is although available on IOS. Also, the software is expensive. Lastly, it work better on pc's with good specs.

• Secteur d'activité : Hôpitaux et soins de santé
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 4.0 /10

Once the standard for screenwriting, but now...

Publié le 11/02/2021

I find Final Draft fairly easy to use, but given that there are competitors out there that do the same things at a fraction of the cost of Final Draft make it hard to justify purchasing this software

Avantages

Final Draft offers ease in writing scripts without having to worry about formatting.

Inconvénients

It’s overpriced, for starters. It’s distinguishing features from comparable competitors aren’t really game changing features, especially in this day and age. For example, it’s collaboration tools for writing partners just isn’t all that compelling when compared to other similar offerings. Having features like this integrated isn’t really a plus here.

Alternatives envisagées

Fade In Pro

Pourquoi passer à Final Draft

I didn’t. I went with Fade In Pro because it was just as versatile as Final Draft and cost way less.
Monica
  • Secteur d'activité : Marketing et publicité
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus de deux ans

My Final Draft Review

Publié le 05/11/2020

There are many different professional templates (for television, novel, musical theatre, etc.) that can be used depending on the need. Overall it's a great writing app.

Avantages

Final Draft is easy to use, it's a great writing app. It automatically fills in the names of characters, which makes things go along smoothly. I like the many different templates to use.

Inconvénients

It's a little expensive. The price of the software is a little high, but it can be installed on two computers which makes collaboration possible. The other issue is the work has to be saved quite frequently.

• Secteur d'activité : Santé, bien-être et fitness
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant Essai gratuit

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

Not for me

Publié le 11/05/2021

It frustrated me to no end. I did not find it very user friendly in the slightest and definitely could not justify the cost based on my experiences with it.

Avantages

Honestly, I can't really think of anything that I truly liked about the software. Maybe the board beats section?

Inconvénients

It was confusing to me to figure out how to use it. I've heard of people using it for books as well as screen scripts so I was hoping it would work for what I needed instead I wanted to beat my head through a wall trying to figure out the simplest tasks.

Anthony

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

Industry standard, but lots of room for growth

Publié le 06/04/2021

Avantages

It has literally everything one needs for film production from outlining to postproduction.

Inconvénients

For a lot of people, it's super buggy and crashes regularly.

• Secteur d'activité : Médias de diffusion
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 10 000+ employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

The best, easiest screenwriting software

Publié le 10/09/2022

Avantages

I love Final Draft. Even a novice can begin writing a screenplay almost immediately thanks to Final Draft's intuitive features and ease of use. A must for anyone that wants to try his or her hand at screenwriting.

Inconvénients

It's a little pricey, but worth it if you're going to be a regular user.

Skyler
  • Secteur d'activité : Rédaction et correction
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 1 à 5 mois

Best screenwriting software - The Industry Standard

Publié le 14/02/2022

Avantages

Final Draft is easy to use with no learning curve. You can get started screenwriting within minutes. The software is highly intuitive, so that you can focus on your story, rather than wasting time with formatting.
Shortcuts allow you to remain the flow once inspiration strikes. The customer service experience is exceptional and the best I have ever dealt with for any software.

Inconvénients

It is more expensive than other screenwriting software, but you get what you pay for. It is the industry standard and the only thing you need besides a laptop to pursue a screenwriting career.

Osarumwense
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 51-200 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant Essai gratuit

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

Final Draft, a recommended for beginners?

Publié le 30/05/2021

It's a great app for professionals, not beginners.
As a beginner, it's more advisable to try cheaper screenwriting softwares.
But as a professional, once you start using final draft, you would want to switch to other products.

Avantages

The intuitive interface, and it's easy to navigate.
Moreover, it's the Industry standard for screenwriting. You write while it handles the formatting. You don't have to stress yourself over formatting a script, anymore.

Inconvénients

It is too expensive for beginner's screenwriters.
Aside that, nothing else to like least about final draft.

Anna
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant 1 à 5 mois

Accessible, professional

Publié le 27/01/2021

As an emerging screenwriter, I am happy to use the same software that the industry professionals use and that is it accessible.

Avantages

Upon purchase, I was worried it would take me a while to figure out how to use Final Draft, however, it was fairly straightforward. Its formatting is intuitive as you type and hit "enter."

Inconvénients

You will need to manually correct formatting when you are typing out a list and certain headings. Had to research a solve through a youtube tutorial.