PowerDirector

Video editing tool for publishing and sharing videos

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client
4/5

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application

57 avis

Gabriella N.
  • Secteur d'activité: Exploitation minière et métaux

A beginner-friendly review after using PowerDirector for 3 years+

Publié le 19/01/2021

My experience with PowerDirector has been good, starting off and learning it has helped me to be able to use other video editing software. I switched from using PowerDirector as I need basic video editing functionality and I have found a free alternative program.

Avantages

PowerDirector was the first video editing software I started with and I used it for over three. It's intuitive to learn even when you do not have any experience. It takes some effort and getting used to but I was able to start without online tutorials or a manual.
Additionally, If you learn it you will be able to use most video editors with minimal challenges. The sample videos that come with it are helpful more especially when you are starting and you are not sure how to import media.
The user interface is polished and has a premium feel about it, this makes for a positive user experience, encouraging you to explore more, and as a result, being familiar and learning the software.
One of the most important beginner-friendly functionality that I found useful when I was starting was the preview window. In the preview window, you can see your video playing, in PowerDirector the track slider/ seek bar is functional, this is not always the case in other editors.
Since the preview window is similar to most video players it feels familiar and starting to edit from there (vs on the tracks) gets you started quicker. This allowed me to do edits while still familiarize myself with more functionality.
PowerDirector also has a mobile version on Playstore, that I have used recently. It's very easy to start with, you do not need to register, and it's free with an optional upgrade.

Inconvénients

I like PowerDirector’s user interface but its a bit on the heavy side, it can run on an entry-level processor with 4GBs of RAM but with a struggle.
Another note is that installation and rendering on an entry-level machine can take a lot of time.

I feel PowerDirector is a mid-range video editor, and has a reasonable price point compared to advance video editing software however if you are a beginner and/or just need basic editing functionality it's not ideal.

Mark A.

Easy Video Editing

Publié le 30/06/2021

After developing a good workflow, PowerDirector enabes me to efficiently edit and upload videos to YouTube. I feel very comfortable with its interface and I'm keen to learn more videoing skills.

Avantages

I came to video editing with absolutely no experience as a result of the COVID pandemic and the need to produce a video and upload to YouTube. After researching other products, I setted on Cyberlink's PowerDirector 365. The product has a relatively easy learning curve. I like the uncluttered user interface and everything logically organised on the monitor. The use of the GPU when rendering videos saves lots of time.

Inconvénients

More advanced sound editing requires the purchase of the separate application AudioDirector which requires PowerDirector to close and open this app.

Alternatives envisagées

Lightworks, Filmora et OpenShot Video Editor

Pourquoi passer à PowerDirector

Much easier learning curve and range of editing options
Luis M.
  • Secteur d'activité: Santé, bien-être et fitness
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

Easy to use to get good results, good software if you are a beginner.

Publié le 29/07/2021

Powerdirector is an awesome software for small video edits, things that require less time or if you are just starting out in the editing field.

Avantages

It has very good tools and powerful enough to get a professional result, if you are new to editing and want to progress while learning, this software is quite useful to get into the world of editing.

Depending on the plan and the price chosen, features can be obtained according to the needs of the publisher or the project in progress.

Inconvénients

If the trial or free version is used, the final video ends with a watermark that can only be removed by purchasing a plan or subscription.

Erica N.
  • Secteur d'activité: Marketing et publicité

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Powerdirector is second to none

Publié le 28/03/2020

It is the best I have used so far and I have used a lot of them

Avantages

First of all this video editing software comes with so many good features that I find very commendable. It suits almost all your editing needs. A wide range of video formats is supported including 4k. It is also fast in rendering but you can make it even faster by optimising GPU hardware acceleration. What I really like about it is that it is compatible with Chromebook

Inconvénients

As with most video editors you need a high-end video graphics card to enjoy it and that depends on your pocket. This takes nothing away from this amazing software

Jeremy B.
  • Secteur d'activité: Rédaction et correction

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Of All the Great Video Editors in the World, Cyberlink PowerDirector Is One of Them

Publié le 23/07/2021

(Note: This review is based on PowerDirector 15, which is not the most recent edition.) Are there better video editors out there? Oh, sure. HitFilm is more powerful and professional. Vegas is, well, I don’t use Vegas, so I can’t be sure, but it’s more popular it seems! Camtasia has a built-in editor right there with its screen recording software. And then there’s Adobe and all of its “value for the money” and really useful plugins. But are they easier to use? Will any of them run on a weak computer with no graphics card? While I can’t say Cyberlink PowerDirector is easier to use, because I don’t use the others, I can say it’s nevertheless easy, intuitive, and comes with enough features to ensure your video looks fine in an aggressive YouTube market. It also has a fair bit of useful screen templates available on its community plugin pages. And, perhaps most importantly, it can render your video, even if you run on an integrated graphics card (at least this is true on PowerDirector 15, which is what I use). HitFilm can’t do that. I’ve tried!

Avantages

Easy, easy, easy to use. Most of it is intuitive. Even getting your plugins from Cyberlink’s homepage is pretty straightforward. Now, more nuanced tactics like keyframe editing and blending modes are trickier and take some practice. But once you figure out the best technique for applying them, it’s pretty easy to get back into the flow of things. Even though I got my copy in a bundle a few years ago, recent editions are also reasonably affordable. Integrates well with Cyberlink’s other products. Being able to render videos on an integrated graphics card is a bonus.

Inconvénients

There aren’t many plugins that really standout, making a video’s overall quality inferior to anything produced in a higher end product like HitFilm or Adobe Premiere. Its native special effects, while fine, are also limited. Adjusting sound in a clip is challenging, as there’s no great way to get those sliders exactly to where you want them. And getting the finest controls, like color grading, requires other premium Cyberlink products. But these are picky things, not worth passing on if your budget is too tight for the higher end products.

Mohammed S.
  • Secteur d'activité: Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Great for all kinds of video projects

Publié le 20/06/2021

My overall experience with PD has been very good. My biggest struggle with video projects has always been having to go online to find compatible pieces to complete my final output. With PD paid subscription however, I no longer have to spend hours on YouTube digging for copywriter free content, I find everything I need right in the expansive libraries of stock videos and images. This has significantly improved my effeciency and output quality.

Avantages

My favorite feature of Power Director is it's ease in handling both photo and video editing. Most competing software are purposely built for only one, but not both. So it definitely makes it easier working on projects that consist of both file types. My favorite technical feature however has to be the video motion tracking capacity. With my not-high-end computer, I honestly didn't expect the final outputs to be so near perfect.

Inconvénients

The rendering speeds can be a little slow sometimes. I also wish they had more themes for the user interface. All in all however, PD's offerings are above top notch.

Chris B.
  • Secteur d'activité: Musique

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

PowerDirector - A solid History

Publié le 03/07/2021

Overall it runs decent on a mid tier computer and it handles everything I could possibly need for music videos and for editing other videos as well. You need to go to youtube and watch the tutorials or you'll got lost in the features and frustrated by not getting anywhere.

Avantages

The software is regularly updated and upgraded. This is good because as they introduce new versions of the software it takes advantage of improvements in hardware and in your operating system. PowerDirector is a robust program that you can use for everything from creating a quick GIF, to editing with special effects your own full featured music videos or movies. It comes packed with features and is a great all in one solution for the bulk of your home video needs.

Inconvénients

The software is not always intuitive. Features seem to be tucked away in menus and you really have to learn the program if you want to take full advantage of the strength this suite carries. They have started moving toward a subscription model which I'm not particularly a fan of.

Md rafsanjani R.
  • Secteur d'activité: Loisirs, voyage et tourisme

PowerDirector all in one

Publié le 07/05/2021

Its have lots of tools to make my video more attractive. I am using this software more then 7 years . At fast on my Pc now in my mobile . I Just take videoes then resizing , joining , giving effect ,adding voice and also i can make animation with this . Now a days i make my video more attractive and funny with green screen background change by PowerDirector . love it .

Avantages

Update day by day and being more professional.

Inconvénients

When i export long video like 10 Minutes with Ultra 4k rejulation its needs long time from mobile.

Dawn T.
  • Secteur d'activité: Photographie

Power Director

Publié le 09/06/2021

My overall experience has been fairly good. And It's my go quick video editor.

Avantages

This software is very simple to use and it's extremely intuitive so there's not a difficult learning curve. It also has some great simple editing features.

Inconvénients

Sometimes it will give an error when using multiple edits so sometimes you have to give a command multiple times.

Tee K.
  • Secteur d'activité: Bureau exécutif

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Very easy to edit videos

Publié le 08/12/2020

I can work quickly through this software. It is very easy to learn. But the free transitions, effects, lower thirds, etc. that come with it are not high enough.

Avantages

Easy to find and using editing tools. This software is very easy to learn even on your own. It has userfriendly interface

Inconvénients

The transtions and effects that come with this software are low quality

Utilisateur vérifié
  • Secteur d'activité: Rédaction et correction

A Content Creator's Wet Dream! 📹

Publié le 24/10/2020

It's an exceptionally well-crafted piece of software, it works well with most devices, and a person who has never edited software a day in his/her life can navigate and utilize the software. All and all, it's pretty awesome!

Avantages

There is a whole bunch of editing software out there. Trust me, I know! The worst thing I had to do when I decided to start a youtube channel was finding the right editing software. I spent months searching for something that didn't confuse the hell out of me! Finally, I came across PowerDirector. Now the first thing you need to know is that PowerDirector is super easy to use. It's incredibly helpful, user-friendly, and flexible. Copy and pasting pictures, as well as downloading music is awesome. It also has filters, background color choices, video transition options, opening and end credits options that you can edit to your specifications, also a myriad of fonts and colors. Volume and audio editing features, as well as skin smoothing, panning, (that's when you do a close up then back to the regular video, for those who don't know). The saving feature varies from saving on your device to your gallery, as well as your dropbox, or social media.

Inconvénients

There is no clear way to overlay. The feature is hard to come by. In case you don't what I am talking about, it means that if you want a video over another video for some reason you can't get that. When you add a video clip it goes to the end of your video, no matter if you put it in the position you want.

Robbie S.

Budget Video Editor with useful tools

Publié le 09/02/2021

PowerDirector is a great budget video editor that likely has more features than the vast majority of users will need. Up to 3 videos can occupy the same space, whether you decide to have one as picture in picture, or split screen, etc. Individual videos can be cropped, can have adjustments in color, brightness, etc. Transitions between pictures or videos are also useful. The "AudioDirector" tools are a hidden gem, and it will export the audio from a video, allow you to apply equalizers, boosts, and moderate sound effects. Compression is another option in the editing. Once done, it returns it to the video. This is true of ANY edit to the audio. So, when there were times when the audio was out of sync with the video originally, I could edit the audio slightly, and when returned to the video, it was a SEPARATE file that I could "nudge" until it was properly aligned. That is tedious to be sure, but I am thankful for the option. I use the audio features as much as the video at this point. Recently I have learned to use chroma (green screen). It is ok, not flawless, but it does allow fun options in changing backgrounds. I have a hard time completely eliminating the slight green glow at the edges, but maybe there is more fine tuning I can do. My hair is fine, and the green slightly shows through it.

Avantages

I feel this software is reasonably intuitive once you get over the initial learning curve (and no matter what software one has, the initial learning of how it works takes time).

Inconvénients

Very little that I dislike. I wish it "produced" the videos faster, but that will be true of all, I'm sure. I most recently upgraded to "365," but I REALLY do not like subscription software. I prefered when I owned a version and used it for a few years. During COVID I felt it was important enough to keep it up to date.

Jayla A.
  • Secteur d'activité: Art/artisanat

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

App Is Amazing for Movie Making And YouTube!

Publié le 23/03/2020

Amazing on the compute, still helpful on the tablet! I like the PC version more and I find it super useful for YouTube!

Avantages

I love how you can have it in all devices! I love all the features put in free trial mode, its the best software out there! Its got all my favorite effects when a picture or a video transitions to the next, such cool effects! I love how there is free music to use and no limit to how long a video can be. Useful for school projects!
Fast rendering on PC and great source of free images and backgrounds to choose from.

Inconvénients

The thing that always bothered me was the watermark but thats no big deal, I understand why its there.
On the phone or Android should add more features and a more similar set up as the PC version because it feels like using 2 different apps. I don't like how the PC has more features than the android, android should have more cool transition effects. android seems to take hours to render the video but the PC renders super fast.

Fernando M.
  • Secteur d'activité: Divertissement

Short but, good review

Publié le 06/05/2021

Avantages

This is the first app in which I learned to edit videos and I think it is great, since to date I continue to use it to edit my visual content in videos or audio, it is very easy to use and understand

Inconvénients

I think it needs updating in special effects, however it is better than movie maker

Utilisateur vérifié
  • Secteur d'activité: Santé, bien-être et fitness

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

A fantastic video editing tool

Publié le 30/11/2020

I just love how creating small videos for my business has now become so easy. I can use any images I want and I love the way we can make our videos look more or less professional which helps to generate more leads and customers.

Avantages

It is so easy to use. You can add any images you want to your videos. I have also used the software to cut longer video shorter for me needs for advertising. It has plenty of features for editing existing and new videos. Not only can it be used for basic editing, it can also be used for trimming, text overlays, adding audio and animations. I also love that there are tutorials that you can watch which really help a lot. It is the best video editor I have used so far.

Inconvénients

Each time I go into the software I get a notification to buy the paid version. They should have an upgrade button at the top for when we want to upgrade instead. It's just pretty annoying. There is no ultra-wide format or custom ratios to choose from. You only get 4:3 or 16:19. We should be able to choose our ratios ourselves.

Alphonsus D.
  • Secteur d'activité: Production audiovisuelle

PowerDirector - A Wonderful Software Editing System Unless it Crashes

Publié le 12/09/2019

I for the most part enjoyed using PowerDirector when editing videos. It has been a blast and sometimes a struggle with having to recuperate work lost. Regardless, this is a great entry video editor for anyone that is looking to get involved with the craft. Just got to get used to the rare crash, which is a part of every video editor's bane.

Avantages

I liked the friendly user interface to seamlessly go from folder to folder to set up my timeline. I felt that the words were bright enough for me to read and that the organization options have great default settings. This gave me more incentive to not have much setup involved outside of the usual importing of videos.

Inconvénients

There was a crash or two in the software during editing. The progress was last updated when I first updated it, which negated an hour or two of work that I have put in. I thought there would be more updates as to its recovery feature, but no use.

Allison C.

Good for video editing

Publié le 30/04/2020

Overall, it's a good editor for the price and works well for our video needs.

Avantages

I like the way this product meets our needs of DVD and video production. It is easy to import and edit videos and sound clips. The multiple tracks is great and the video preview built in is nice. I like the ability to download and add features and content from other creators and the output options are nice. The variety of title screens, presets is nice. Works well on a PC.

Inconvénients

My least favorite aspect of Power Director is the time that it takes to burn a DVD / create Folder. I can edit a project fairly quickly now but I have to factor in an hour or more for burning and finalizing even if I didn't make any major changes and only burned the video.

Hope G.
  • Secteur d'activité: Services et technologies de l'information
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

Awesome Software

Publié le 04/01/2021

Powerdirector is an awesome software because i use it with little vedio edits,things that require less time for example traditional weddings etc and I have loved to work with it because of its ease

Avantages

It is not complicated compared to other vedio editors I have interacted with
I love powerdirector because of how easy it is to learn
Its interface is good to interact with, even by beginners
Its compatibility with many computers makes it easier to edit vedios
It is fast compared to other vedio editors

Inconvénients

Its features are limited,it has limited effects,limited things to do with adding some things you may want to,for example its recently when they have come up with the masking of vedios
Its features are not for professional use,for example if you want to synchronize audios with vedios
Powerdirector is not reliable,some times,it has lost my projects which I had saved,so i had to start over.

Tumisang D.
  • Secteur d'activité: Médias en ligne

video editting made easier

Publié le 23/04/2021

i always finish my video projects on time, generally i am not afraid to give out a time frame to anyone who might need my video editting assistance because i know i will make it in time for as long as i use PowerDirector.

Avantages

This software is user friendly, easy to use and everything is simplified. Everytime i open it does not crash like the previous softwares i used before, even if the power was to go off i am sure that i will find the auto saved progress of my work. video editting made easier.

Inconvénients

despite its smooth operation, sometimes it gets very slow in some computers.

Jessica N.
  • Secteur d'activité: Art/artisanat

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

power director an easy way to make amazing videos

Publié le 19/05/2021

The problem I am solving is video crashes during editing.
I have found that with the updated app it is easier to understand how I can use

Avantages

I liked the editing tools and how original our videos can be, at first it is a bit complicated to use until you learn all the tools, it has good options to use for any photo or video editing

Inconvénients

What I liked least was the watermark at the end of the video, which can only be removed if you pay the subscription fee. There are some tools like cutting, but once the video is cut I can't edit it, I have to delete it and put it back in again, and sometimes it crashes. At the beginning it was hard to learn, because there are so many tools.

Ravindu N.
  • Secteur d'activité: Textile
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 5 001-10 000 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Can create awesome videos easily

Publié le 08/02/2020

Power director is my top choice for video editing because it has simple interface.

Avantages

There are lot of valuable features and transition effects, 360 degree video editing tool is awesome, but according to me action camera tool and motion tracking is very useful, also it have user friendly interface. After edit video we can directly upload to social media network.

Inconvénients

There are no big issues, but its only compatibility with windows devices. Sometimes lagging my computer when I add higher number of transition effects to the project.

Esther F.
  • Secteur d'activité: Services juridiques

Content Creators best friend

Publié le 09/12/2019

Creating video content has been most easy. We are able to put scraps or almost useless clips together to create a fine project for adverts that generate leads.

Avantages

I so much love this software, its very easy to use, has plenty of features for editing the video clips to my exact need. It is definitely the best in ts category. Kudos to the developers

Inconvénients

The customer service is rated zero. Complaints are never attended, the support personnel (who may be the developers, I can't say) treat users as if users no nothing and they know everything which isn't fair. The essence of support/feedback centers is to note users complaints and improve on them but this develpers will not have that. I hope they improve

Supun A.
  • Secteur d'activité: Services et technologies de l'information
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

A great software for the creation of videos and slideshows

Publié le 22/03/2020

the software is good and cheap than other products.The software is very stable and robust.Easy to learn and use to the beginners.The voice removing facility, attractive effects and the multiple output formats are the best features of this software.

Avantages

Cyberlink Power Director is a very flexible and robust video creator. Beginners can start the creation of videos and creation of slideshows.The structure of the software is very easy to use and it gives more output formats to the users.The software is cheap and it is a very creative software.

Inconvénients

The overall software experience is good.But the input format of .TS is not supported to the software.The team should implement a proper solution or an update for this issue.If the software supports multiple output formats, it is very useful and important to the users

Leon M.
  • Secteur d'activité: Médias en ligne

PowerDirector - A Great Editor For Chromebook

Publié le 18/04/2020

I use PowerDirector to create my YouTube videos and, overall, I'm impressed with it. 🙂

Avantages

This software has a lot of features built in.

I feel I can get a professional video with the pro version.

Inconvénients

The software has recently changed making it harder to create projects.

I'm sure part of this is because there is a new learning curve.

However, the old user interface was easier to use.

Tom W.
  • Secteur d'activité: Armée
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 10 000+ employés
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Power Director by Cyberlink

Publié le 01/08/2019

I have made dozens of home movies, shared to Facebook, uploaded to Youtube, copied to disk for storage.

Avantages

Features-rich operating environment. Very high quality and selection

Inconvénients

Tech support. Virtually non-existent. When you have a problem you have to go to a "community forum" and get advice from other users. The users who tender advice are, to be sure, very reliable and competent, but sometimes it's difficult to explain to another user.