OBS Studio

Solution de montage vidéo gratuite pour la création de vidéos professionnelles

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

794 avis

julien
  • Secteur d'activité : Banque
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 201-500 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Outil efficace et tres performant

Publié le 18/03/2022

Avantages

un outil parfait pour enregistrer les ecrans et les videos. Idéal pour des tutoriels en entreprise

Inconvénients

l'ergonomie d'acceuil est tres dense et peut etre effrayant

Saviour

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

A Dynamic Tool for your video streaming preference Plus its "Open Source"

Publié le 01/08/2022

Realizing that I can still perform the functions of automation the way I want, I found ease in automation and usability with my team. OBS is a powerful and Dynamic Video tool I can recommend to any similar service provider within the niche. It is simple and consistent, its advanced features are mesmerizing, and its Open Source

Avantages

First, I like that Its open source, and with that, it's user-friendly and consistently undergoing integrations to smoothen the user experience.
For advanced users, It serves advanced functionalities even while it is an Open source project
OBS hardly forces shuts down while in runtime.
One of the best features for me is customization. I like that I can tweak my automation with my timelines, to fit my needs.

Inconvénients

Because the product is open source, the latest version upgrade comes with changes in syntax. i.e., Having a lower-third animation function, the commands change with a new update, and it can be difficult to get the product started if you do not visit the developer's forum to follow through with the changes.
If you want to implement most settings/preferences to take effect, you may have to restart OBS, which is normal with most software.

Adobe Premiere Pro et vMix

Pourquoi passer à OBS Studio

Having all the advanced functions in an Open Source software, with the feature of customization to fit my business needs is Gold for me.
Goda
  • Secteur d'activité : Animation

OBS STUDIO review

Publié le 12/07/2022

My experience is great and I wouldn't use any other program than obs

Avantages

I like the easy use of the product and customasation in streaming cuz it's very neat and you can even add a live chat box in your livestream

Inconvénients

I don't like the audio, beaucause it doesn't automatically save it so you cannot use it every time and you need to make the audio michrophone addjusments every time you want to stream or just record a video.

Jason
  • Secteur d'activité : Musique

Free and relatively painless

Publié le 30/07/2019

Overall, I have found this program to be dependable. It runs every week, and I have not had to troubleshoot anything in the program in over a YEAR. That alone is commendable for a program that I run on a weekly basis. I run apple products that need more hands-on management than this program. The interface is not as sleek, but it gets the job done. Give me a little more control over audio and video syncing, and some transition effects, and I would be slamming the #5 stars across the board.

Avantages

IT IS FREE. May all of my complains and frustrations with this software be safely tucked under the umbrella of a customer who is pleased at the end of the day with a product that is reliable and costs him nothing. That is a miracle and I believe that it is getting easier and easier to use. I love the fact that once I have everything set up in the back end of the program, I can get going with one click. I use this program to record and live-stream our Sunday morning services at Church. On the off-chance that the wifi goes down or something, the ability to continue recording to an external drive has saved us on more than one occasion. It handles the basics such as screen sharing, adding logos, and even some basic audio input options very well. Overall, I am extremely pleased and it made the ability to live-stream in a church of 200 people affordable and attainable.

Inconvénients

Set-up was a long process of educating myself with very little reward and no long-term application for the knowledge that I gained. There seems to be certain settings that you need to select for different types of streaming. Having to wade through numerous youtube videos in order to find what I needed specifically, was not fun. I would love for this software to develop presets for different purposes. Most all gamers tend to used the same presets with some variation depending on their individual internet speeds. Why not have a preset for gamers and another preset for bloggers, or live-streamers? I don't think it would take much and with a few basic questions, the program could do a lot of the heavy lifting that makes the back end of OBS a pain to work with.
Additionally the interface, while more intuitive than most open-source programs, does leave something to be desired. I often have to click through all of the setting options in order to find specific settings that need adjustment. Also, I have been running into issues with syncing external audio with the video during live streaming. The video buffer seems to be inconsistent, so the audio and video will start out synced and randomly get out of wack.

Ernesto Alfonso

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Lo mejor que existe para streamers

Publié le 11/05/2022

Imprescindible para mi trabajo online, conferencias, clases y grabación, simplemente imprescindible.

Avantages

Es código abierto, una comunidad que contribuye a mejoras continuas. Cada vez se desarrollan nuevas funcionalidades, es configurable, personalizable, funciona para Stream en cualquier plataforma o redes sociales, Grabación a cualquier formato, cámara virtual compatible con cualquier otro software como zoom, Video Prezi, Google meetings, etc.
Puedes configurarlo como mixer como estudio.

Inconvénients

Las configuraciones y mezclador de Audio cuestra trabajo mezclar fácilmente.

XSplit Broadcaster, Wirecast et Media Encoder

Pourquoi choisir OBS Studio

Primero porque es codigo abierto, Ofrece lo mismo y mejor lo que los demás de paga proporcionan. Su calidad es insuperable.

XSplit Broadcaster et Wirecast

Marco
  • Secteur d'activité : Marketing et publicité
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 51-200 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus d'un an

Easy tool for streaming.

Publié le 09/08/2022

We are usign OBS for streaming our release news in APP. We stream on FB.

Avantages

The tool is so simple that my entire team can set it up and work with it.

Inconvénients

I can only praise OBS, I don't miss anything in it.

Camtasia

Camtasia

Pourquoi passer à OBS Studio

Because OBS had more "hot to" videos, than its competitors.
  • Secteur d'activité : Transport routier/ferroviaire
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant 1 à 5 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Best Streaming & Recording software that's FREE!!

Publié le 08/08/2022

My overall experience was great using OBS Studio. I highly recommend it for anyone that needs to stream or record content. Even if its a business that needs a simple solution.

Avantages

The thing that i like the most about OBS is that its free and does an outstanding job at allowing user to stream and record audiovisual content. I was amazed at what OBS was capable of when i first started using the software for streaming my videogames to YouTube. Its also super easy to setup and use compared to its competitors which charge monthly for the same service.

Inconvénients

The thing that i least like about OBS is the user interface and lack of video editing features. Although it wasn't meant to edit videos, it would be great if it had that features.

Bruno
  • Secteur d'activité : Automatisation industrielle

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

The best video recording software for editing and live streaming.

Publié le 01/08/2022

We currently continue with the streaming service, as it is easier to reach our customers and they tell us that they are satisfied with the service we provide. The benefits that this software offers us are ease of connection, transmission in good quality, closer to our clients.

Avantages

This software is fascinating, it allows you to record and mix sounds in real time and above all with good video and audio quality. In the company we use it to transmit the courses that we offer through our web pages and this software is very good and has everything necessary to provide a quality transmission. The software is simple to use, it can be programmed in scenes to facilitate its use and handling. The integration has been easy in our business processes, as it has allowed us to reach many people with the streaming service.

Inconvénients

This software is excellent, in my time of use it has not given me problems and it has worked correctly, personally its characteristics are very good. Aspects of the software are easy to use, there are plenty of tutorials on how to use it so it's not a problem. The integration to the company has been easy and very accepted by our clients.

Josue
  • Secteur d'activité : Internet
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

OBS Studio review for new users

Publié le 05/08/2022

It's a very good experience, i understood pretty easily and fast how to use this software, i like it so much and it's very useful and helpful for my purposses.

Avantages

What I liked the most about this software is that is very easy to use and understand, it's very user friendly.
It has so many settings and options for the different purposses for each content creator such as a video gaming user or a educational user, a teacher for example.

Inconvénients

I like everything about this software, in my experience, there is nothing bad about it.

Stevan

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Our go-to choice for live streaming our worship gathering

Publié le 02/08/2022

We utilize weekly volunteers to run our OBS Studio instance. These individuals are mostly self-taught in their experience and have been able to pick up on the ins and outs of the software very well. We also utilize a number of third-party plugins that are invaluable to our situation.

Avantages

OBS Studio has been our #1 tool every Sunday for a couple of years now and continues to perform like a champ. It allows us to get our worship gathering out to our at-home audience via live streaming on our Social Media platforms.

Inconvénients

OBS Studio provides a seemingly never-ending list of "bells and whistles" that can seem overwhelming at first-glance. Setting up for our scenario took some time and was labor-intensive to dial it in for our needs. This was somewhat overwhelming, but worth the effort.

dg
  • Secteur d'activité : Médias en ligne

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

OBS Studio an application for multiple multimedia usage.

Publié le 01/07/2022

Avantages

This software is the one that I mainly used in live streaming in our church since the pandemic started and it is very easy to use. Although I was still new from using it before, I easily learned from it because of its self explanatory features. I do not need to search more to understand it because the application already tells everything about it.

Inconvénients

I just don't like that sometimes it is laggy, I don't know if it's with my laptop or not.

Tolu
  • Secteur d'activité : Internet

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

OBS Studio review: The best screen capture and live stream tool on the web

Publié le 18/06/2022

I love OBS studio, it is perhaps one of the best open-source software available online today. I can record from multiple sources and even livestream if I want. I can configure it any ways I like to suit my system and my workflow.

Avantages

Easily record your screen and live stream
Open source and free to use with a wide range of options some paid tools can't offer
Not so heavy and so you can still get the best of it even with low performance or budget laptops
Good for multiscreen setup
It has support for all the major livestream services like twitch, YouTube, Dailymotion, etc.
Great for gamers

Inconvénients

Requires a bit of learning or getting used to - Not an intuitive software.

Icecream Screen Recorder et FlashBack Express

Pourquoi choisir OBS Studio

Wanted more features and options.

Screencast-O-Matic et FlashBack Express

Pourquoi passer à OBS Studio

Open-source and it had better features
Aniket
  • Secteur d'activité : Recherche
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 201-500 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

The best screen-casting software out there!

Publié le 19/05/2021

OBS Studio has helped me record a lot of my lectures (for the students) very easy! I could record off my camera, screen, windows and the filters help enhance the quality or crop off sections off the recording. This makes my post-recording work almost none! The best part is that its open source and hence, FREE! There is an excellent community that maintain this software and I am nonetheless amazed of what all it has to offer.

Avantages

The features OBS Studio offers are immense. There are a truck load of features, from recording screens/windows to streaming/broadcasting to adding filters! OBS Studio is efficiently optimized to do its work and doesn't add much to the system load! It is available for all major distributions, like Windows, Mac, Linux and supports all of them flawlessly!

Inconvénients

You'll need a manual before starting out with OBS. Although, once you start, it gets pretty intuitive and it gets better by the minute. It would take some time to get accustomed to the UI, but it is a really powerful software, that can literally do anything!

• Secteur d'activité : Gestion de l'enseignement
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 1 à 5 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Bring remote teaching to the next level

Publié le 17/03/2021

By using OBS forums and some Youtube videos I got started in a few days and could manage my online lessons by myself, giving them a more professional and effective touch. I then learned how to bring outside speakers and computers into the show, and the possibilities were amazing.

Avantages

OBS Studio is a free video editing software with lots of helful functions for live sessions. You can set up multiple shots (close-ups, half-length, etc.) and bring multiple elements into your scene (e.g., another computer screen to use as background, an external camera, even a co-host that is broadcasting via his/her cell-phone and that you can put next to you on the same screen!). Features are almost endless, but you have to learn about them via the product's forums and install them as separate addons. The whole thing can be connected to Zoom, Teams, Skype etc (OBS may start a "virtual camera" that you can choose as a video source within each of those softwares). You can use captions, filters, etc... and switch shot by just pressing a shortcut key (e.g.: F1 is the close-up, F2 is the external co-host, F3 is the Powerpoint presentation, etc.). It brings new life to your remote teaching, providing effective solutions and keeping students involved and entertained. Although it may take a while to learn, i found it an excellent investment.

Inconvénients

Like many video-editing programs, it is CPU- and memory-hungry and eats up a lot a PC resources. Accordingly, it may freeze or crash if your PC is not strong enough to cope with the load. The fact that it is open and community-developed does not help. There are commercial alternatives that are more streamlined but less flexibles (and expensive), and you may decide to turn to them at a later stage.

German Liber
  • Secteur d'activité : Art/artisanat
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

OBS, the king of streaming (on budget) studios

Publié le 07/01/2021

It was a slow learning curve and at first really confused me, but OBS Studio was the best solution for my project. While looking at the stream I really thought it looked professional, and I was very satisfied.

Avantages

I started using OBS while doing a film series in my city, the project was open to the public, but the pandemic forced me to turn the thing into an online project. I used a lot of streaming software at first, skipping OBS for no reason, but when I tried the software I was in awe. The whole package its free to use, while limited sometimes, if you learn how to set it up (Wiki and guides are really useful on the official website), you're good to go. I like to think about OBS as a solution for basic or minimalistic projects. On audio, you can set different audio tracks, separate them and record them. About video, the settings for streaming are useful if your internet connection it's not too good or if your PC/laptop it's not the most powerful out there. The software was using a lot of ram on my laptop at first, but after tweaking the settings a bit, it became really lightweight. You can add a capture device, you can capture your own desktop, a window, you can even add GIFs, images and videos and resize them or drag them through the screen. And yes, you can record on .H264, and that's one of the best things about it. Rookie streamer, if you're reading this and want to take a challenge, download and install OBS right now, it's the best solution for your project if you're on a tight budget.

Inconvénients

As said, sometimes it lags the computer a bit if you didn't set up the whole thing correctly.
The instructions guide it's really extensive and things are kind of hard to understand if you're a novice (YouTube tutorials can help you a lot on this).

XSplit Broadcaster et vMix

Pourquoi passer à OBS Studio

OBS it's free and open source, and I chose it because I had zero money on the project.
Roya
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 10 000+ employés
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus de deux ans

The Recorder and Broadcaster's Homeland: OBS Studio, the Free Resource

Publié le 19/08/2020

OBS Studio is the successor to the original Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) application, delivering a lot of serious Quality of Life benefits to the software and allowing for a more Professional Grade look while also not having nearly as many problems as the original OBS suffered from; while OBS Studio suffered in its earlier years because many of those who adopted to this from the original OBS were on noticeable lower end hardware (such as myself), the performance handicaps that it suffered from have only dissipated over time as computer hardware evolved and allowed for more accessibility; now plentiful games, applications, and videos that were attempted to be recorded and/or aired using the software five years ago are noticeably easier to run now and that is essential towards the future of its life going forward.
In 2016, I personally used OBS Studio to get back into Live Broadcasting, with me even recording the first and only North American commentary of Star Cruiser (Sharp X68000) on the application in July of 2019, and with the improvements that have come as it evolved, I can easily recommend OBS Studio to anybody getting into any form of Yellow Collar work; it may require some messing around with the settings to optimize certain projects, but the end result will always pay off far better than anticipated, it's not often that one finds free resources such as this and OBS Studio will forever remain on your person if you need to record or go on the air without a hitch.

Avantages

~ Virtually Lossless recording quality when capturing footage locally in any available framerate and resolution provided by the software.
~ Plentiful visual effects and the ability to layer multiple images and clips allows for a Broadcast Quality and Professional Grade template and appeal for any project or Live airing.
~ Customization of User Interface themes allows for proper Eye Care when in Dark Mode.
~ Users of the software who are running an Intel CPU that has QuickSync will see a reduced load on their Graphics Card by about 05% to help improve performance and stability in GPU~intensive workloads.

Inconvénients

~ RAM consumption is high and not meant for modern systems with 016 GB or less without the proper CPU and Graphics Card combo.
~ Users who have a CPU and Graphics Card with a low core/thread/pipeline count, frequency, and VRAM can expect noticeable framerate dips and massive performance instabilities, especially when using hardware that is running on older architectures.
~ Footage may occasionally get inexplicably cropped Horizontally when imported into Vegas Pro and other video editing software for Post~Production.
~ Not fully compatible with all forms of Video Capture devices, Webcams, and Professional Grade Cameras (though there are workarounds for some forms of hardware).

Kai
  • Secteur d'activité : Animation

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

An argument for open source software

Publié le 10/12/2019

OBS is the best option for streaming I have used. Any time a website uses its own propriatary streaming software, or an integrated browser extension, I seek out a way to use my favorite settings on obs. Although it is not perfect, most of the issues I've had do have workarounds, mostly on the OBS forums.
Overall, I would enjoy easier integration of twitch alerts, and custom animations, but it is still my platform of choice.

Avantages

OBS has the widest support for plugins, features and formats to source into a single scene. Coupled with it's grouping feature, it is simple to create scenes that are professional, and high quality. It is also compatible with most any streaming platform, with customizable features, and profile management making the jump between platforms straightforward and easy. Not to mention the integration with the elgato stream deck is amazing, and has allowed me to use OBS in ways it was not originally intended (cue'd premade video assets for a live show)

Inconvénients

Sometimes the software has issues, many of which are resolved by restarting the software, but in particular, no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to fully eliminate the CPU overload error. I was having problems with it until a recent re configuring of my desktop PC, but during the issue, I had to rely almost completely on console games captured through the elgato capture card, rather than force modern games to share cpu/gpu with OBS. As mentioned, this has since been mostly resolved, but optimising the program/changing the settings as per the recommended fixes was not as effective as simply altering the host computer.
On occasion, a scene I have recently built will become inaccessible and crash obs, leaving me to recreate it under a new name.

Casey
  • Secteur d'activité : Production audiovisuelle

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Best streaming software on the market

Publié le 31/10/2019

At the time I switched over to OBS, I was using the now defunct "Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder" (a mouthful). OBS was a massive improvement over existing streaming applications for a multitude of reasons.

FMLE was showing it's age (and lack of support). XSplit was a heavyweight when it came to hardware requirements. And other software on the market was obscure and occupied the same space as XSplit.. only XSplit did it better.

And then came OBS. Free, lightweight, open source. It was fantastic. I've never used another streaming app since.

Avantages

Well for one, obviously the price tag- can't go wrong with free. But not only is it free, it's lightweight and simple. I've taught many people how to stream using OBS.

Inconvénients

The interface can be a bit of a pain to use. It's a little too simple in my opinion. Some more functionality baked into the main UI could go a long way. This is mostly solved with the "Streamlabs OBS" version, which is built on top of OBS.

Honestly it's been a while since I had to use the profile functionality, but admittedly it was a bit lacking when I did have to use it.

Giovanna
  • Secteur d'activité : Hôtellerie
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Reliable tool for recording and streaming!

Publié le 25/09/2019

I have used OBS to successfully stream video gameplay with minimal to no latency or problems. I have also used OBS to record tutorials on how to use different software for work-related projects. Overall, it provided me with exactly what I was looking for.

Avantages

I downloaded OBS some years back when streaming was starting to kick off. I considered a handful of different streaming programs, but I keep coming back to this one. OBS works great because it is lightweight and powerful. It doesn't take up a lot of memory space, doesn't create lag or latency and the screen recording delay is minimal. If you are playing a game and streaming, it doesn't slow your FPS (frames per second) rate, and it works great with any decent computer set up out there. If you can run any of the popular games out there, you can run OBS. It works great with Twitch, and it being open sourced means it is a budding streamer's best friend. Simple tools let you manage your screen recordings along with sound, screen transitions, and a captioning option; while providing extra tools that help streamline your projects. With a tool kit that is practical and easy to understand, OBS excels at providing just what you want for your screen recording and streaming needs.

Inconvénients

OBS isn't tailored to any specific use or website. It focuses on general use for streaming and/or screen recording. For this reason, it lacks some of the flash and bang that other streaming software may be able to provide. Although the tools are easy to understand, it's not as intuitive as other programs and may require a little time to learn, especially if you are not familiar with similar software.

iSpring Suite et Bandicam Screen Recorder

Pourquoi passer à OBS Studio

Overall, OBS is affordable (being open sourced), has great updates, and is lightweight while still giving me both screen recording and streaming tools. I found a few other programs didn't perform well, didn't save in the format or resolution I was looking for. I also experienced problems where the audio fell out of sync with the image. I have never had any of these issues while using OBS, which is why it's been my number one, most reliable choice for several years now.
John
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

OBS is great for streaming and recording!

Publié le 04/09/2019

Overall, using OBS has been a really good experience. Once you begin to learn the ropes and get an understanding of what the terms mean and the ways that they can affect streams and recordings, it becomes a very valuable tool for content creation that streamlines a lot of the finer details of a streaming and recording setup and allows one to focus on making content.

Avantages

OBS is software that really helped to make my streams and recordings really simple to manage.
I stream and record most of my gameplay from Xbox One and with OBS I am able to use a simple set up to add personality and flair to my streams. I can also integrate OBS into my operation to stream to places such as YouTube, FaceBook, and Twitch using overlays which aren't provided natively by the Xbox One console which really helps one to stand out amongst other streamers. Set up is relatively easy because the OBS software has features that can detect what you have available and set itself up based on the specifications that it detects.
When it comes to recording, using the capture software allows me to add overlays and things such as watermarks to content as it records as well as set up audio options such as microphones and the levels of audio that it records.
Getting help is quite simple since there are many forums and other ways to find information and tips online as well as turotials provided by the developers themselves.

Inconvénients

What I liked the least about this software was probably trying to understand what some of the options would do once I began to explore the program and options that it offers. Being new to streaming at the time, it was more or less a problem not having a good understanding of how to set things up overall.
Once I spent some time browsing forums and the other sources of help regarding OBS, I found that it was pretty easy to understand how to adjust things as I needed to.

• Secteur d'activité : Logiciels

OBS Studio is the best Free Computer Screen Recording Software

Publié le 13/07/2022

At first I could not understand the settings of OBS Studio, but after practicing it several times, doing live broadcasts, adding effects and adjusting settings each time, I was able to get an excellent experience from it, it is enough that it is free and offers very high quality sound and picture

Avantages

Yes, there are many programs that offer screen recording, but the problem is that some of them are free and paid and the free programs do not contain enough features to inspire you to use them, so I will shorten the topic for you and tell you about the wonderful OBS Studio program that contains features that I love and use a lot on my device and all of this Open source and free
An easy-to-use and flexible program that offers you high-quality audio and video, and does not take up much space on the device as it is very light and does not pose any weight on weak devices, and supports live broadcasting on more than 20 different platforms, before saving the broadcast, you can also use various video editing tools to edit it.
One of the features that I liked and used a lot is the feature of adding audio filters directly during broadcasting without the need to use external programs, in addition to the presence of many filters for image improvement, color correction, and others.

Inconvénients

Sometimes while doing a live stream with OBS Studio, the stream gets stuck from minute to minute, after which it goes back to working fine
There is also difficulty in the beginning to adjust the settings, but after practice you will get used to it

Charles Boampong
  • Secteur d'activité : E-learning

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Best screen recorder and video editing software

Publié le 27/03/2022

As an open-source software that offers an extremely high screen recording and video recording for professional work, I will recommend OBS for everyone, especially new YouTubers, Facebook content managers, and other digital marketers.

Avantages

It has a great configuration and advanced tools for video streaming, recording, and editing.

Inconvénients

It can be a little complicated as a first-time user, but you soon discover that it's easy to use.

Albacross

Pourquoi choisir OBS Studio

I found it easier and much more convenient to use OBS.

Streamyard

Pourquoi passer à OBS Studio

A friend recommended OBS to me.
T. Ryan

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Extremely powerful tool for broadcasting multiple video and audio sources.

Publié le 19/05/2021

Overall I think OBS is fantastic. It is a bit kludge-y in certain aspects but I have been using it for about a year and a half now and I can't imagine switching to a different tool. It has been able to handle multiple camera scenarios with ease. I just love it.

Avantages

This product allowed me to quickly put together professional "studio grade" composite video scenes that were then easily broadcast to a number of online sites. I used it most frequently with Twitch and it has nicely integrated twitch features, but it can also be used to broadcast to facebook or youtube given that you have things configured correctly. The ability to apply video and audio filters as well as support for a variety of different audio and video formats for inset playback was extremely useful.

Inconvénients

This product has a bit of a DIY flair. For anyone with a background in video editing or audio editing it wont take too long to figure out how to set up a scene and broadcast with OBS. However, the onbaording for new users is virtually non existant. I certainly wouldn't give OBS to someone with little to know technical experience and expect them to be successfull. In today's tech landscape, especially when it comes to streaming there are so many unsophisticated users attempting to get started that I think a few more passes to the UX and UI would be beneficial.

Camtasia, Bandicam Screen Recorder et Snagit

Pourquoi passer à OBS Studio

OBS has much better integrated streaming features that many of the other video / screen capturing products i looked at do not.
Christopher
  • Secteur d'activité : E-learning
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 51-200 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Inexpensive solution to your streaming video production needs

Publié le 10/03/2021

We use the OBS box as a headend for an RTMP stream. Using OBS gave us far more control over the output to the streaming site, including the ability to transition from various sources and add overlays to the outgoing video.

Avantages

Wide variety of features and effects. Highly customizable. Active development team and user forums group. In latest version, OBS output can be configured as a virtual web camera compatible with popular video conferencing software. OBS is also a highly effective for recording desktop presentations or walkthroughs.

Inconvénients

The learning curve is very steep. Documentation is available but is written for the tech savvy. Certain esoteric bugs are long standing and have not been fixed necessitating workarounds.

Pourquoi choisir OBS Studio

We were using a BoxCast digital encoding rig to stream a daily student run television show. Using OBS we were able to return the hardware box and set up out own RTMP streaming system using left over hardware from the tech lab.

Pourquoi passer à OBS Studio

OBS is free, which we found appealing. The feature set for both Xsplit and OBS were essentially the same.
Andrei
  • Secteur d'activité : Jeux vidéos

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

The best free recording and streaming software but not without problems.

Publié le 25/05/2020

OBS saved us money from buying a paid software for recording and streaming. The community providing tutorials is quite big so it was kinda easy to get into using the program. It may be a bit more complex than other programs but that's also a con and a pro.
As long as you know that some applications won't get recognized and you'll have to use a display capture you're good using OBS (some programs from the competition have the same issues)
This might sound weird and impossible but it would be great if they had a way to not film the OBS frame using a display capture for people with only 1 screen.

Avantages

OBS Studio is a great free application for recording and streaming.
The best thing about OBS is the amount of customizations, settings, and options you have along with the plugins. This can also be a problem however (read more in Cons).
A great improvement to OBS is that for a few updates now it has Twitch UI integration where you can setup your stream info and talk to people on their chat.
There are a lot of recording/streaming options and the studio part provides great tools for long streams where you must also act as the director moving from one camera to another, adding transition effects, moving text, etc.
The amount of plugins available makes integrating with Twitch, Youtube, etc work really well especially if you're getting donations.

Inconvénients

My biggest problem with OBS is that certain games are not recognized so the only thing to do is to use the display capture. This is quite an issue since not all streamers know of this and as a game developer myself I can see how this could hinder some people from streaming/recording our products.
Another con would be that there is no basic mode to set things up, even though they have an Advanced tab in the settings, the "basic" settings are still quite advanced.