OBS Studio

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application

608 avis

Jaze P.
  • Secteur d'activité: Urbanisme et architecture
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois

What You Should Know About OBS Studio

Publié le 18/08/2021

My ability to stream content and record live events from my PC has been phenomenal thanks to this software... it's easy to use and tons of fun once you get totally used to it.

Avantages

The best screen recording software in the game. Add different audio sources, change backgrounds accordingly, livestream with ease... you got it all in one with OBS Studio. Connect any of your favorite social media platforms to use livestream and you'll be totally impressed with what you get, no other software does it better.

Inconvénients

I honestly have no qualms or cons against this software, I have yet to find any.

Icecream Screen Recorder

Pourquoi choisir OBS Studio

The versatility of OBS Studio was what made me change my mind. The stream quality of Icecream is a lot lower than OBS Studio so making the switch for me was a no brainer.

Icecream Screen Recorder

Pourquoi passer à OBS Studio

I saw a lot of Youtubers going the OBS Studio route so I decided to investigate the software one time. To my surprise, it was the better choice to make.
German liber L.
  • Secteur d'activité: Art/artisanat
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

OBS, the king of streaming (on budget) studios

Publié le 07/01/2021

It was a slow learning curve and at first really confused me, but OBS Studio was the best solution for my project. While looking at the stream I really thought it looked professional, and I was very satisfied.

Avantages

I started using OBS while doing a film series in my city, the project was open to the public, but the pandemic forced me to turn the thing into an online project. I used a lot of streaming software at first, skipping OBS for no reason, but when I tried the software I was in awe. The whole package its free to use, while limited sometimes, if you learn how to set it up (Wiki and guides are really useful on the official website), you're good to go. I like to think about OBS as a solution for basic or minimalistic projects. On audio, you can set different audio tracks, separate them and record them. About video, the settings for streaming are useful if your internet connection it's not too good or if your PC/laptop it's not the most powerful out there. The software was using a lot of ram on my laptop at first, but after tweaking the settings a bit, it became really lightweight. You can add a capture device, you can capture your own desktop, a window, you can even add GIFs, images and videos and resize them or drag them through the screen. And yes, you can record on .H264, and that's one of the best things about it. Rookie streamer, if you're reading this and want to take a challenge, download and install OBS right now, it's the best solution for your project if you're on a tight budget.

Inconvénients

As said, sometimes it lags the computer a bit if you didn't set up the whole thing correctly.
The instructions guide it's really extensive and things are kind of hard to understand if you're a novice (YouTube tutorials can help you a lot on this).

XSplit Broadcaster et vMix

Pourquoi passer à OBS Studio

OBS it's free and open source, and I chose it because I had zero money on the project.
Jason H.
  • Secteur d'activité: Musique

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Free and relatively painless

Publié le 30/07/2019

Overall, I have found this program to be dependable. It runs every week, and I have not had to troubleshoot anything in the program in over a YEAR. That alone is commendable for a program that I run on a weekly basis. I run apple products that need more hands-on management than this program. The interface is not as sleek, but it gets the job done. Give me a little more control over audio and video syncing, and some transition effects, and I would be slamming the #5 stars across the board.

Avantages

IT IS FREE. May all of my complains and frustrations with this software be safely tucked under the umbrella of a customer who is pleased at the end of the day with a product that is reliable and costs him nothing. That is a miracle and I believe that it is getting easier and easier to use. I love the fact that once I have everything set up in the back end of the program, I can get going with one click. I use this program to record and live-stream our Sunday morning services at Church. On the off-chance that the wifi goes down or something, the ability to continue recording to an external drive has saved us on more than one occasion. It handles the basics such as screen sharing, adding logos, and even some basic audio input options very well. Overall, I am extremely pleased and it made the ability to live-stream in a church of 200 people affordable and attainable.

Inconvénients

Set-up was a long process of educating myself with very little reward and no long-term application for the knowledge that I gained. There seems to be certain settings that you need to select for different types of streaming. Having to wade through numerous youtube videos in order to find what I needed specifically, was not fun. I would love for this software to develop presets for different purposes. Most all gamers tend to used the same presets with some variation depending on their individual internet speeds. Why not have a preset for gamers and another preset for bloggers, or live-streamers? I don't think it would take much and with a few basic questions, the program could do a lot of the heavy lifting that makes the back end of OBS a pain to work with.
Additionally the interface, while more intuitive than most open-source programs, does leave something to be desired. I often have to click through all of the setting options in order to find specific settings that need adjustment. Also, I have been running into issues with syncing external audio with the video during live streaming. The video buffer seems to be inconsistent, so the audio and video will start out synced and randomly get out of wack.

Pablo G.
  • Secteur d'activité: Enseignement supérieur
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 1 001-5 000 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

El mejor software de transmisión

Publié le 08/07/2021

Se pueden realizar cualquier tipo de transmisiones en vivo, principalmente por Youtube, eventos, reuniones, etc. El nuevo complemento de cámara virtual (antes también estaba como plugin) permite insertar una cámara virtual completamente configurable en cualquier plataforma de videollamada.

Avantages

Sin duda es el mejor software para transmitir y/o crear secuencias audiovisuales en tiempo real, la posibilidad de mezclar diversas fuentes, cada vez más variadas, tanto de audio como de video, la incorporación del editor en tiempo real (como un director de cámara), la transmisión en distintos medios con calidad y codecs completamente configurables, filtros y transiciones en tiempo real. Y además totalmente gratuito y open source!

Inconvénients

Solo puedo hacer una leve objeción respecto a la complejidad de la configuración y la interfaz para un usuario principiante, pero realmente esa crítica queda atrás frente a la cantidad de opciones y el funcionamiento del programa.

Marcos C.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 51-200 employés

OBS Is the King of Streaming Software... For a Reason

Publié le 14/09/2021

OBS can be a pain to set up, but once you get over that initial hump, it's peerless. The feature set you have access to for free is incredible. There's a reason why most professional streamers have incorporated OBS into their workflow: it's the king. There's simply no better value out there than OBS.

Avantages

The fact that you can use OBS for free is a testament to the open source community and their commitment to providing value. I've used OBS to do online workshops, host virtual events and capture screen footage. It has done every single one of those tasks flawlessly, and without costing me a penny. Hardware acceleration is well implemented, too, so you know you're getting the most out of your rig.

Inconvénients

It can be a bit cumbersome to set up, and a bit counter-intuitive. If you've never set up a capture and streaming type of software, than it probably will take you a few YouTube tutorials before you're up and running. Commercial solutions are much more user-friendly, but cost a bunch of money.

Pourquoi passer à OBS Studio

If you put in the time to learn the software, OBS does everything XSplit does, and more, for free.
Hans M.
  • Secteur d'activité: Enseignement supérieur
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 501-1 000 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant 1 à 5 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Just because it's free doesn't mean it's bad. There's another reason almost every streamer...

Publié le 29/06/2021

Overall, we had a really positive experience with OBS after some initial misgivings. We plan to use it every semester now for our capstone classes. This is a good exercise for our broadcast majors who are used to working in a live studio. I think it also taught them to me a bit more mobile and flexible when working with online video.

Avantages

I looked for a livestream solution for a long time and talked with a lot of paid programs, such as Livestream and XSplit. When I learned there was a version of OBS for Mac, I took the plunge and tried it. I can't believe how easy it was. We used it to livestream a web show for our capstone project magazine Valley REality. The students were quickly able to figure out how to incorporate text overlays and multiple cameras in the stream.

Inconvénients

There were some issues with connecting the livestream to Facebook and I wish there was an easier way to test the stream before we published it. We had to look up some things online to determine how to preview the stream.
We had an issue connecting some cameras, but that wasn't an issue with OBS. That had to do mostly with the cameras. We also had some of live video get really choppy on the livestream and we weren't able to find a solution just by googling it. It would have been nice to have some live support to help with this, but I understand as open source software, you have to rely on the community.

• Secteur d'activité: Recherche
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

OBS Studio is one of the best streaming software

Publié le 17/06/2021

my overall experience with obs studio is that it's one of the best streaming programs i have ever used also it provides me many features to add on my stream to make it more enhanced

Avantages

what i like most about obs studio is that it helps me streaming with 1080 60 fbs its an awsome streaming software

Inconvénients

what i like least about obs that it got some problems when streaming with low-end pc so it keeps lagging and keeps dropping fbs

David C.
  • Secteur d'activité: Institutions religieuses
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Customizable and Reliable

Publié le 21/06/2021

We had a great experience using OBS out of the gate, but ultimately went with something with a more streamlined user interface.

Avantages

OBS was a great first-try for our streaming worship services. We were able to download it and set it up quickly in response to COVID. It captured audio from our console well and worked with our cameras well.

Inconvénients

The user interface for OBS is a little clunky until it is fully customized, which takes time. It is also harder to train new folks on using the software, and it is especially difficult for folks who aren't used to video recording software.

ProPresenter et vMix

Pourquoi passer à OBS Studio

At the time, we initially chose OBS because it is free and was quick to install.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

OBS Studio: Best free recording/streaming software!

Publié le 03/09/2021

Avantages

It's free, it has a ton of different options to customize how I use the software. I can stream, record gameplay, record a tutorial, my own webcam, etc. I can do a lot with OBS, but the best thing is that it's free!

Inconvénients

With any software that you're new to, it has a learning curve. However, OBS has been around for awhile, so there are plenty of tutorials available online on sites like Google, YouTube, etc.

Slash marky P.
  • Secteur d'activité: Médias de diffusion
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 1 à 5 mois

the default streamer software

Publié le 30/06/2021

Learning to use this software opens the door to the audiovisual world, which in these times is very important and growing. It is free and you have to take advantage of it.

Avantages

What I like the most is that once you understand the basics of the software, you can let your imagination run wild and present good material to your viewers.

Inconvénients

Many times it has presented errors when connecting different video sources, but I have been solving at the same time that I learned.

Streamlabs

Pourquoi passer à OBS Studio

Recommendations from youtubers, they inclined me to that choice.
Ana lúcia S.
  • Secteur d'activité: Gestion de l'enseignement
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Com o OBS Studio minha vida ficou mais fácil!

Publié le 20/07/2021

Em geral minha experiência com o OBS tem sido muito boa e é fundamental para a realização do meu trabalho, porque me garante independência e segurança ao conseguir gravar sozinha minhas vídeos aulas. O software tem muitos recursos importantes e fáceis de lidar e de configurar, garantindo-me alta qualidade no serviço que realizo.

Avantages

O OBS Studio contribui muito para a realização de meu projeto de trabalho, por ser um pessoa totalmente leiga em gravação de vídeo aulas. O que eu mais gostei no software e que para mim é fundamental é o modo estúdio de gravar em que aparece para mim uma prévio das imagens dos vídeos de gravação, permitindo-me ter total controle do será gravado. Outro recurso fantástico é a possibilidade de captura de duas telas de vídeo ao mesmo tempo durante as gravações, em que minha imagem aparece em um plano menor, enquanto apresento os conteúdos de minhas aulas, contribuindo para um dinamismo de minhas apresentações. A captura de tela direto do navegador contribuiu para o enriquecimento de meu trabalho me possibilitando gravar trechos de vídeos direto da internet.

Inconvénients

O que eu menos gostei foi em relação à utilização de slides em que para serem utilizados é necessário salvá-los em pdf não permitindo a transição natural dos slides durante a gravação. Para utilizar os slides com fluidez tive utilizar uma captura de janela e ir trocando os slides nesta janela aberta por fora. Isto, algumas vezes me dificultou meu trabalho de gravação.

Aniket P.
  • Secteur d'activité: Recherche
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 201-500 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

The best screen-casting software out there!

Publié le 19/05/2021

OBS Studio has helped me record a lot of my lectures (for the students) very easy! I could record off my camera, screen, windows and the filters help enhance the quality or crop off sections off the recording. This makes my post-recording work almost none! The best part is that its open source and hence, FREE! There is an excellent community that maintain this software and I am nonetheless amazed of what all it has to offer.

Avantages

The features OBS Studio offers are immense. There are a truck load of features, from recording screens/windows to streaming/broadcasting to adding filters! OBS Studio is efficiently optimized to do its work and doesn't add much to the system load! It is available for all major distributions, like Windows, Mac, Linux and supports all of them flawlessly!

Inconvénients

You'll need a manual before starting out with OBS. Although, once you start, it gets pretty intuitive and it gets better by the minute. It would take some time to get accustomed to the UI, but it is a really powerful software, that can literally do anything!

• Secteur d'activité: Gestion de l'enseignement
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 1 à 5 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Bring remote teaching to the next level

Publié le 17/03/2021

By using OBS forums and some Youtube videos I got started in a few days and could manage my online lessons by myself, giving them a more professional and effective touch. I then learned how to bring outside speakers and computers into the show, and the possibilities were amazing.

Avantages

OBS Studio is a free video editing software with lots of helful functions for live sessions. You can set up multiple shots (close-ups, half-length, etc.) and bring multiple elements into your scene (e.g., another computer screen to use as background, an external camera, even a co-host that is broadcasting via his/her cell-phone and that you can put next to you on the same screen!). Features are almost endless, but you have to learn about them via the product's forums and install them as separate addons. The whole thing can be connected to Zoom, Teams, Skype etc (OBS may start a "virtual camera" that you can choose as a video source within each of those softwares). You can use captions, filters, etc... and switch shot by just pressing a shortcut key (e.g.: F1 is the close-up, F2 is the external co-host, F3 is the Powerpoint presentation, etc.). It brings new life to your remote teaching, providing effective solutions and keeping students involved and entertained. Although it may take a while to learn, i found it an excellent investment.

Inconvénients

Like many video-editing programs, it is CPU- and memory-hungry and eats up a lot a PC resources. Accordingly, it may freeze or crash if your PC is not strong enough to cope with the load. The fact that it is open and community-developed does not help. There are commercial alternatives that are more streamlined but less flexibles (and expensive), and you may decide to turn to them at a later stage.

Roya R.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 10 000+ employés
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus de deux ans

The Recorder and Broadcaster's Homeland: OBS Studio, the Free Resource

Publié le 19/08/2020

OBS Studio is the successor to the original Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) application, delivering a lot of serious Quality of Life benefits to the software and allowing for a more Professional Grade look while also not having nearly as many problems as the original OBS suffered from; while OBS Studio suffered in its earlier years because many of those who adopted to this from the original OBS were on noticeable lower end hardware (such as myself), the performance handicaps that it suffered from have only dissipated over time as computer hardware evolved and allowed for more accessibility; now plentiful games, applications, and videos that were attempted to be recorded and/or aired using the software five years ago are noticeably easier to run now and that is essential towards the future of its life going forward.
In 2016, I personally used OBS Studio to get back into Live Broadcasting, with me even recording the first and only North American commentary of Star Cruiser (Sharp X68000) on the application in July of 2019, and with the improvements that have come as it evolved, I can easily recommend OBS Studio to anybody getting into any form of Yellow Collar work; it may require some messing around with the settings to optimize certain projects, but the end result will always pay off far better than anticipated, it's not often that one finds free resources such as this and OBS Studio will forever remain on your person if you need to record or go on the air without a hitch.

Avantages

~ Virtually Lossless recording quality when capturing footage locally in any available framerate and resolution provided by the software.
~ Plentiful visual effects and the ability to layer multiple images and clips allows for a Broadcast Quality and Professional Grade template and appeal for any project or Live airing.
~ Customization of User Interface themes allows for proper Eye Care when in Dark Mode.
~ Users of the software who are running an Intel CPU that has QuickSync will see a reduced load on their Graphics Card by about 05% to help improve performance and stability in GPU~intensive workloads.

Inconvénients

~ RAM consumption is high and not meant for modern systems with 016 GB or less without the proper CPU and Graphics Card combo.
~ Users who have a CPU and Graphics Card with a low core/thread/pipeline count, frequency, and VRAM can expect noticeable framerate dips and massive performance instabilities, especially when using hardware that is running on older architectures.
~ Footage may occasionally get inexplicably cropped Horizontally when imported into Vegas Pro and other video editing software for Post~Production.
~ Not fully compatible with all forms of Video Capture devices, Webcams, and Professional Grade Cameras (though there are workarounds for some forms of hardware).

Kai L.
  • Secteur d'activité: Animation

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

An argument for open source software

Publié le 10/12/2019

OBS is the best option for streaming I have used. Any time a website uses its own propriatary streaming software, or an integrated browser extension, I seek out a way to use my favorite settings on obs. Although it is not perfect, most of the issues I've had do have workarounds, mostly on the OBS forums.
Overall, I would enjoy easier integration of twitch alerts, and custom animations, but it is still my platform of choice.

Avantages

OBS has the widest support for plugins, features and formats to source into a single scene. Coupled with it's grouping feature, it is simple to create scenes that are professional, and high quality. It is also compatible with most any streaming platform, with customizable features, and profile management making the jump between platforms straightforward and easy. Not to mention the integration with the elgato stream deck is amazing, and has allowed me to use OBS in ways it was not originally intended (cue'd premade video assets for a live show)

Inconvénients

Sometimes the software has issues, many of which are resolved by restarting the software, but in particular, no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to fully eliminate the CPU overload error. I was having problems with it until a recent re configuring of my desktop PC, but during the issue, I had to rely almost completely on console games captured through the elgato capture card, rather than force modern games to share cpu/gpu with OBS. As mentioned, this has since been mostly resolved, but optimising the program/changing the settings as per the recommended fixes was not as effective as simply altering the host computer.
On occasion, a scene I have recently built will become inaccessible and crash obs, leaving me to recreate it under a new name.

Casey W.
  • Secteur d'activité: Production audiovisuelle

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Best streaming software on the market

Publié le 31/10/2019

At the time I switched over to OBS, I was using the now defunct "Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder" (a mouthful). OBS was a massive improvement over existing streaming applications for a multitude of reasons.

FMLE was showing it's age (and lack of support). XSplit was a heavyweight when it came to hardware requirements. And other software on the market was obscure and occupied the same space as XSplit.. only XSplit did it better.

And then came OBS. Free, lightweight, open source. It was fantastic. I've never used another streaming app since.

Avantages

Well for one, obviously the price tag- can't go wrong with free. But not only is it free, it's lightweight and simple. I've taught many people how to stream using OBS.

Inconvénients

The interface can be a bit of a pain to use. It's a little too simple in my opinion. Some more functionality baked into the main UI could go a long way. This is mostly solved with the "Streamlabs OBS" version, which is built on top of OBS.

Honestly it's been a while since I had to use the profile functionality, but admittedly it was a bit lacking when I did have to use it.

Giovanna D.
  • Secteur d'activité: Hôtellerie

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Reliable tool for recording and streaming!

Publié le 25/09/2019

I have used OBS to successfully stream video gameplay with minimal to no latency or problems. I have also used OBS to record tutorials on how to use different software for work-related projects. Overall, it provided me with exactly what I was looking for.

Avantages

I downloaded OBS some years back when streaming was starting to kick off. I considered a handful of different streaming programs, but I keep coming back to this one. OBS works great because it is lightweight and powerful. It doesn't take up a lot of memory space, doesn't create lag or latency and the screen recording delay is minimal. If you are playing a game and streaming, it doesn't slow your FPS (frames per second) rate, and it works great with any decent computer set up out there. If you can run any of the popular games out there, you can run OBS. It works great with Twitch, and it being open sourced means it is a budding streamer's best friend. Simple tools let you manage your screen recordings along with sound, screen transitions, and a captioning option; while providing extra tools that help streamline your projects. With a tool kit that is practical and easy to understand, OBS excels at providing just what you want for your screen recording and streaming needs.

Inconvénients

OBS isn't tailored to any specific use or website. It focuses on general use for streaming and/or screen recording. For this reason, it lacks some of the flash and bang that other streaming software may be able to provide. Although the tools are easy to understand, it's not as intuitive as other programs and may require a little time to learn, especially if you are not familiar with similar software.

Bandicam Screen Recorder

Pourquoi passer à OBS Studio

Overall, OBS is affordable (being open sourced), has great updates, and is lightweight while still giving me both screen recording and streaming tools. I found a few other programs didn't perform well, didn't save in the format or resolution I was looking for. I also experienced problems where the audio fell out of sync with the image. I have never had any of these issues while using OBS, which is why it's been my number one, most reliable choice for several years now.
John M.
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

OBS is great for streaming and recording!

Publié le 04/09/2019

Overall, using OBS has been a really good experience. Once you begin to learn the ropes and get an understanding of what the terms mean and the ways that they can affect streams and recordings, it becomes a very valuable tool for content creation that streamlines a lot of the finer details of a streaming and recording setup and allows one to focus on making content.

Avantages

OBS is software that really helped to make my streams and recordings really simple to manage.
I stream and record most of my gameplay from Xbox One and with OBS I am able to use a simple set up to add personality and flair to my streams. I can also integrate OBS into my operation to stream to places such as YouTube, FaceBook, and Twitch using overlays which aren't provided natively by the Xbox One console which really helps one to stand out amongst other streamers. Set up is relatively easy because the OBS software has features that can detect what you have available and set itself up based on the specifications that it detects.
When it comes to recording, using the capture software allows me to add overlays and things such as watermarks to content as it records as well as set up audio options such as microphones and the levels of audio that it records.
Getting help is quite simple since there are many forums and other ways to find information and tips online as well as turotials provided by the developers themselves.

Inconvénients

What I liked the least about this software was probably trying to understand what some of the options would do once I began to explore the program and options that it offers. Being new to streaming at the time, it was more or less a problem not having a good understanding of how to set things up overall.
Once I spent some time browsing forums and the other sources of help regarding OBS, I found that it was pretty easy to understand how to adjust things as I needed to.

T. ryan A.
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Extremely powerful tool for broadcasting multiple video and audio sources.

Publié le 19/05/2021

Overall I think OBS is fantastic. It is a bit kludge-y in certain aspects but I have been using it for about a year and a half now and I can't imagine switching to a different tool. It has been able to handle multiple camera scenarios with ease. I just love it.

Avantages

This product allowed me to quickly put together professional "studio grade" composite video scenes that were then easily broadcast to a number of online sites. I used it most frequently with Twitch and it has nicely integrated twitch features, but it can also be used to broadcast to facebook or youtube given that you have things configured correctly. The ability to apply video and audio filters as well as support for a variety of different audio and video formats for inset playback was extremely useful.

Inconvénients

This product has a bit of a DIY flair. For anyone with a background in video editing or audio editing it wont take too long to figure out how to set up a scene and broadcast with OBS. However, the onbaording for new users is virtually non existant. I certainly wouldn't give OBS to someone with little to know technical experience and expect them to be successfull. In today's tech landscape, especially when it comes to streaming there are so many unsophisticated users attempting to get started that I think a few more passes to the UX and UI would be beneficial.

Camtasia, Bandicam Screen Recorder et Snagit

Pourquoi passer à OBS Studio

OBS has much better integrated streaming features that many of the other video / screen capturing products i looked at do not.
Christopher G.
  • Secteur d'activité: E-learning
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 51-200 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Inexpensive solution to your streaming video production needs

Publié le 10/03/2021

We use the OBS box as a headend for an RTMP stream. Using OBS gave us far more control over the output to the streaming site, including the ability to transition from various sources and add overlays to the outgoing video.

Avantages

Wide variety of features and effects. Highly customizable. Active development team and user forums group. In latest version, OBS output can be configured as a virtual web camera compatible with popular video conferencing software. OBS is also a highly effective for recording desktop presentations or walkthroughs.

Inconvénients

The learning curve is very steep. Documentation is available but is written for the tech savvy. Certain esoteric bugs are long standing and have not been fixed necessitating workarounds.

Pourquoi choisir OBS Studio

We were using a BoxCast digital encoding rig to stream a daily student run television show. Using OBS we were able to return the hardware box and set up out own RTMP streaming system using left over hardware from the tech lab.

Pourquoi passer à OBS Studio

OBS is free, which we found appealing. The feature set for both Xsplit and OBS were essentially the same.
Andrei P.
  • Secteur d'activité: Jeux vidéos

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

The best free recording and streaming software but not without problems.

Publié le 25/05/2020

OBS saved us money from buying a paid software for recording and streaming. The community providing tutorials is quite big so it was kinda easy to get into using the program. It may be a bit more complex than other programs but that's also a con and a pro.
As long as you know that some applications won't get recognized and you'll have to use a display capture you're good using OBS (some programs from the competition have the same issues)
This might sound weird and impossible but it would be great if they had a way to not film the OBS frame using a display capture for people with only 1 screen.

Avantages

OBS Studio is a great free application for recording and streaming.
The best thing about OBS is the amount of customizations, settings, and options you have along with the plugins. This can also be a problem however (read more in Cons).
A great improvement to OBS is that for a few updates now it has Twitch UI integration where you can setup your stream info and talk to people on their chat.
There are a lot of recording/streaming options and the studio part provides great tools for long streams where you must also act as the director moving from one camera to another, adding transition effects, moving text, etc.
The amount of plugins available makes integrating with Twitch, Youtube, etc work really well especially if you're getting donations.

Inconvénients

My biggest problem with OBS is that certain games are not recognized so the only thing to do is to use the display capture. This is quite an issue since not all streamers know of this and as a game developer myself I can see how this could hinder some people from streaming/recording our products.
Another con would be that there is no basic mode to set things up, even though they have an Advanced tab in the settings, the "basic" settings are still quite advanced.

Aaron M.
  • Secteur d'activité: Institutions religieuses
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Why didn't I know about this sooner!

Publié le 27/05/2021

We had struggled through live streaming using a different studio for several years. We continued to have problems, because with the software we were using they limited us on the quality of the video unless we started to pay a yearly fee. On top of it, we had troubles with bugs in the system. I consulted with other people in our vocation and 90% of them pointed to OBS Studio. Once we started using this software we have never turned back, it was exactly what we needed and it has worked BEAUTIFULLY without any hiccups. We recommend it to everyone who is live streaming their services and concerts.

Avantages

For live streaming our services, this has become the most valuable software we have ever used in our church and in recording videos. It was simple to set up, easy to use, and other than the occasional user error in the sound room at our church, we have had ZERO problems with this software.

Inconvénients

There are features that I would love to be able to use on the software, but not having too many technology inclined people in the church has made some of the features for us useless, but that isn't a negative on your part, it just isn't something we can use at this time.

Thomas C.
  • Secteur d'activité: Marketing et publicité
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 11-50 employés

The Best Option for Streaming, Bar None

Publié le 10/09/2020

I use OBS for various livestreams that I manage throughout the week and it's perfect. Once you've got your scenes and everything set up the way you want, it's one button push an you're off to the races.

Avantages

There's not much to dislike about this software. I've been using it pretty consistently for 5 years, and if you're looking to manage any kind of livestream, there aren't many options that come close to this. It allows you to manage multiple scenes, add custom transitions/overlays, create hotkeys, etc. I could go on, but I have never even considered switching software.

Inconvénients

There's literally nothing to dislike about the software. Not only is it completely free, it's the premier streaming platform. It's constantly evolving and getting better. The only thing I could possibly say is there's a potential learning curve, but if you have any background in video production, it shouldn't be an issue at all.

Pourquoi passer à OBS Studio

OBS is free. While, yes, there might be something of a learning curve, there's no reason to pay for any other software, because OBS does literally anything you would need it to do.
Zachery J.
  • Secteur d'activité: Forces de l'ordre
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 5 001-10 000 employés

Streaming made easy

Publié le 11/11/2019

Positive, I have been a streamer since Starcraft 2 came out and will continue to be one into many more games. This software is amazing for being free.

Avantages

For a free product this is what I use to stream. I like that it is pretty simple to use, easy walkthroughs, it's pretty much click, click ready. But the best feature has got to be how easy it is to make each layer overtop of the other. My stream has 6 layers Game,Webcam,greenscreen, followers screen,donation screen, and gamer tag. Each super easy to set up and super easy to maintain.

Inconvénients

I don't like that it is very demanding on your pc when you start running everything through it, but then again it is a streaming software, and free so who am I to complain.

Tyler F.
  • Secteur d'activité: Logiciels

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Powerful, free encoder that anyone can use

Publié le 11/05/2020

This is by far the best free streaming software out there. Works will nearly all hardware and streaming platforms. Needs hardware with a lot of CPU (or GPU) but works well when it gets them.

Avantages

OBS is an incredibly powerful live streaming (and recording) x264 encoder software with a feature set that rivals some of the biggest names in the space - but all open source, and completely free. The breadth of production capabilities is impressive, including overlays, source/camera switching, source mixing, media file playback, and much more. OBS also has direct integrations with many popular hardware devices and streaming platforms, making setup quick and easy.

Inconvénients

Occasionally we have found performance to be an issue, where even on the heftiest hardware the encoding process will still max out resources or drop frames. In addition, it can sometimes be difficult to find certain settings and features (intuitiveness), but this is also rare. Better formal documentation would be helpful, though usually asking a question in the forums will bring a helpful answer.

Wirecast et XSplit Broadcaster