Avis clients sur Canvas X Draw

Canvas X Draw

4,5 (149)
Donnez votre avis !
Logiciel de design graphique pour les concepteurs

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

149 avis

Osee
  • Secteur d'activité : Agriculture
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Le meilleur logiciel de graphisme pour marketing

Publié le 12/12/2022

Canvas X draw me permet de gagner en temps et de faire également d'économie par la même occasion.

Avantages

Ma préférée est la superposition d'images. Elle permet d'offrir aux clients, à travers un même visuel, des faces différentes d'un même produit ou sujet.

Inconvénients

Le logiciel est certes cool, mais il se plante parfois lorsqu'on travaille avec des fichiers lourds. En plus la fonctionnalité de retouche est plutôt basique à mon avis. On n'a pas une certaine largesse quand il s'agit d'être beaucoup plus professionnel .

Nicolas
  • Secteur d'activité : Musique

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

un très bon logiciel pour les plan

Publié le 04/02/2021

Avantages

Il est facile, ouvre différent format comme PDF, autocad

Inconvénients

la banque des objets prédéfinie est faible.

Frank
  • Secteur d'activité : Génie mécanique ou industriel

Canvas for technical illustration

Publié le 09/11/2021

Too bad this format doesn't allow me to share my work product. A picture would be worth a thousand words.

Avantages

I began using Canvas in the early 1980's when it was only available only on the Mac. Eventually they created a version of Windows, and it was just in time, because our firm was switching from Macs to PC's in order to gain access to AutoCAD. I never learned to use CAD, but I continued to use Canvas almost daily in my work as a project manager. I also used it at home on my Mac for creating every kind of graphics design from business cards to business logos to birthday cards to architectural sketches and many others. For a while, they stopped selling Canvas for the Mac, but the company continued to support my copy and even sent me upgrades for free. Now they're back on the Mac with Canvas X Draw, and I'm still a loyal user.

Inconvénients

I was very sad to see them abandon the Mac, but grateful for their continued support. I've seen tools for distorting raster images (by pulling at the corners) in other packages, even in simple software aps on my iPhone, so I know it's possible, but it is not available in Canvas. It's their glaring gap. Otherwise, for technical illustration, Canvas is just about perfect.

Scott
  • Secteur d'activité : Défense et aérospatiale
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 10 000+ employés

Long time user

Publié le 01/02/2021

I have owned Canvas since version 1.02, published in about 1986 (ran on 1-2 400k floppies on a 512k Mac Plus). I’ve always liked the ability to integrate vector and raster objects seamlessly in the same document. As a scientist, I’ve used it for experimental apparatus design (medium-scale cryogenic gas phase photochemical apparatus) as well as personal projects such as workshop and garden design. As soon as it came out, I dropped MacDraw and (eventually) MacDraft. I even had a PC emulator installed on my Mac so I could use the PC version after support for the Mac was dropped in the 2000’s.

Avantages

The upgrade to 7.02 was available almost as soon as macOS 11.1 (Big Sur) was issued. This dealt with the problem that I observed opening new or previously-created files under Canvas Draw X 7.01

Inconvénients

I think there are two improvements that would help me, personally, out. First, I miss the object info tool (command-i) that tells you the kind of object (group, rectangle), dimensions, area, etc. This hasn’t been available since probably Canvas 7 or so. Second, I’m now trying to design a house, and a tool that would make walls (and allow wall joins and insert windows, doors, etc.) would be great, although I realize that it’s a complicated tool, and may cause some issues in pricing and marketing.

Robin
  • Secteur d'activité : Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 4.0 /10

Long time user

Avantages

Easy to get started with. Does not require monthly subscription. Many file format options

Inconvénients

Difficult learning to use some of the draw tools.

John
  • Secteur d'activité : Urbanisme et architecture

The All-Purpose Graphics Package for Design Professionals

Publié le 28/01/2021

Background: architect for 45 years. I have used Canvas since ver. 1.0 and frankly was lost when the Mac platform was dropped some years ago. Very glad to have it back! Things I have successfully used it for include: Years ago, my company website - exports near-perfect html; original artwork, large scale prints for my client's completed buildings; design and technical drawings; asbuilt surveys of existing buildings (importing a cad or pdf and overlaying scaled information); an on and on. To my knowledge, there is really no other package that offers the same range of functionally. Is it a substitute for Autocad or Revit? Of course not but it also doesn't cost $$$$ and require weeks of training.

Avantages

In addition to producing occasional technical exhibits, artwork layouts and other documents, X Draw is great for non-CAD users who occasionally need to produce or edit scaled technical drawings. One of the best features is the ability to import a pdf of an architectural drawing as a background for new shop drawings or technical bidding documents. Drawing layers are preserved and can be manipulated, and scale can be set to match the original document. Area and quantity take-offs are a breeze. Add photos or other illustrations? Not a problem.

Inconvénients

It is cumbersome to create new pdf files necessary for final use. For example, if there are 30 files of drawing sheets, I have not found a way to batch process the conversion. Each file has to be saved as a pdf. It would be much more efficient to be able to "print to pdf" directly from the Canvas file, which is the defacto standard for virtually every other productivity app.

David
  • Secteur d'activité : Machines

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Versatile does what i need

Good.

Good.
I use Canvas at work for: Machine drawings, Electrical Schematics, Hydraulic Schematics and some Maps. And at home: Project car parts design, Household projects like Christmas cards and Training myself how to use Canvas.

Avantages

I have been using Canvas for MAC since 1993 version 3.5. With the latest update Canvas X Draw ( Version: 7.0.2 Build: 7069 ) runs smoothly and has many powerful features. I think i have purchased every possible version of canvas for Mac since 1993.

Inconvénients

The thing that most upsets me is it appears i can no longer have a copy on my work computer and one on my home computer. I get this message at home: This computer has been deactivated from your membership. This is a problem because at home is where i am able to play with Canvas and figure out how it works. Occasionally drawing project car parts or just learning.
At work i can go months without opening Canvas. When i need to use it I shouldn't be messing around trying to figure out how to update a machine drawing or an electrical schematic. Often with someone hovering behind me waiting for me to produce a drawing.

A feature i used often in the past appears to now be completely gone "Duplicate to a line" It was great in Version 3.5. Later versions didn't allow as many duplications and now it appears to be gone completely.

It is difficult for me to TILE print a large 1 to 1 scale drawing. I would print it on separate pages and then tape the pages together to create a full scale template. I used to do this occasionally to make templates to be used by the welders when constructing a machine. I know the feature is still in there but it is hard for me to find it every year or two when i need it.

By the way I keep a 15 year old Mac running OS 9 in my office to access all of my old Legacy early Canvas drawings that the newer versions of Canvas can't open.

Douglas
  • Secteur d'activité : Services environnementaux

Best combo raster-vector software for Mac OS

Avantages

The title of this review states the best feature for my use - combination of raster and vector. I typically use Canvas X Draw to develop figures for environmental science/engineering reports. Many figures have a raster base (airphoto, topobase, etc) that I place vector objects and text upon. Sometimes I'll use output from a data graphing program as a vector base, placing vector and text as an overlay. I also benefit from having used the "Canvas product" on the Mac OS for more than 20 years and my familiarity with the user interface.

Inconvénients

Minor complaints - (1) page setup (sizing, magnification, etc) could be more user friendly/explicit, (2) the latest version of Canvas X Draw (version 7) keeps asking me for my license key, (3) the Auto Trace function is cumbersome and often doesn't allow me to make editable objects from raster images, (4) the latest version of Canvas X Draw (version 7) does not open some previous "Canvas" formats, (5) conversion from AutoDesk (CAD) formats is quirky.

ken
  • Secteur d'activité : Design graphique

Happy Canvas User Since 1995

Avantages

Canvas is still what [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] once called the 'Swiss Army Knife' of graphics programs.

When I was first using the Mac in 1995 I was shocked that between Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop it was impossible to actually send a client a fax using either program. I needed to be able to send sketches with accompanying text. Illustrator wouldn't allow me to enter pixel based images, and when it eventually did I couldn't edit them, and working with type in Photoshop was, and still is, an unintuitive nightmare. Canvas solved that problem brilliantly, allowing me to both edit pixel images and work with blocks of editable text.

Here's a more recent example: clients often send me as a PDF complete designed layouts of packages that need me to add an illustration. If I attempt to open them in Illustrator I'm told I can't because I don't have the fonts. But the default in Canvas has always been to ask if I'd like the fonts converted to outlines, which I immediately do, allowing me to place pixel images that I can still edit in Canvas in the layout and email it back exactly how it will look printed.

Canvas has saved my skin in many other ways as well with its willingness to open and edit such a big variety of files.

Inconvénients

The vector tools aren't quite as useful as those in Adobe Illustrator.

Anthony
  • Secteur d'activité : Fabrication électrique/électronique

Canvas firever

Publié le 26/01/2021

As a Mac user of Canvas since version 1 in the 1980s it was a relief that a new Mac version came along and saved me from using a virtual windows machine. It’s great for providing documentation and build instructions fir our electronics. I use it to bring all sorts of information together into one document.
Much slicker than other programs that can do the same.

Avantages

Handles lots of file types, although sadly can’t export cvx. Mixes images and vector objects really well. Struggles with character position when opening pdfs.
Lots of new features that have helped with 2D design.

Inconvénients

Still crashes occasionally. Still some bugs that have been around for decades.
Imported files don’t use the default units.
Can no longer set up the keys for particular operations. Can be done through the OS but it’s not as slick.
Could do with zoom on mouse wheel.

Klaus
  • Secteur d'activité : Design

Good Product

Publié le 01/02/2021

I am glad that it transitioned from only being available for the PC environment for several years since I had to keep an older MAC OS on a second computer and never felt as comfortable in the PC version as I am in the MAC version. The question below about switching from another product to Canvas X Draw is yes since it was from Claris CAD to Canvas to Canvas Draw to Canvas X Draw

Avantages

Since I have been using the Canvas design product for over twenty-five years, (at least) after converting from Claris CAD, I have enjoyed the flexibility between the vector design aspects and the pixel modification (paint type) aspects of the program. For me it is very versatile.

Inconvénients

I have no cons since I am not into computer generated CAD.

Chris
  • Secteur d'activité : Transport routier/ferroviaire

Canvas from the start!

Publié le 05/02/2021

I'm not fast or skilled in Rhino or Solidworks and we have licences for both. I can get ideas down, dimensions sorted, design outlined faster and easier in Canvas. I have been using it since it was first released and it is a daily go-to tool for small business.

Avantages

The versatility of the package - from illustration, photo edit, layout, tech drawing, design and layout we use it for all applications, literally from factory layout to workflow, product design, brochures etc

Inconvénients

I can't really think of one - I was pretty upset when Deneba stopped supporting it on Mac for a while.

Haydn

Publié le 26/12/2023

Good to create what you need with a wide selection of brushes and colours

Good to create what you need with a wide selection of brushes and colours

Avantages

The amount of brushes provided and the ease of use is a big winner

Inconvénients

Had a bit of trouble setting up my drawing pad within the program

Alternatives envisagées

Adobe Photoshop

Pourquoi passer à Canvas X Draw

A lot better for freehand drawing and has better features
Michael

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Missing more file exports and Clip Art

Publié le 01/02/2021

This product fulfilled most of my requirement as the original Canvas. It is my main object drawing package. Learning curve easier than Illustrator. Fits my engineering background better.

Avantages

Is a cooky cutter knife to annotate many types of files and change them from one format to another

Inconvénients

I am an old Canvas using before you bought it. I have a very old version running in VM with on an old MacOS server. It allows me to use the included clip art CDROM that was provide with the original Canvas before you bought it. I like some way to access this from you version.

You do not have an Adobe AI import/export or an eps output. This is useful to embed object graphics in work processor documents (e.g. pages).

Myoungsook
  • Secteur d'activité : Recherche
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 5 001–10 000 employés

Experience of Canvas X Draw

Publié le 17/02/2021

I have used Canvas program over 10 years. It is much improved function and tools. Now it is really easy to use and handful to generate publication figures and images. I really satisfied this program and I highly recommend to colleagues.

Avantages

1) It is really easy to work for generating presentation. It is successful to publication. Well organized tools are really helpful to use.
2) Compatibility is high and stable. It is to save time and reduce load.
3) There is no error during canvas work. It is awesome.

Inconvénients

1) It hard to get the information of Canvas X Draw usage.
For beginner or new version introduction, can you provide webinar?

2) Auto saved function is needed.

Michael
  • Secteur d'activité : Aviation et industrie aéronautique

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

What I like about this product

Publié le 01/02/2021

Making B/P ("blueprints") for specific machining operations is very beneficial.

Making B/P ("blueprints") for specific machining operations is very beneficial.

Avantages

Overall this works very well for me. The ease of use & MacOS platform are my favorite reasons for purchasing & using it. I can open .DXF files that are created with my CAD program & then make very nice manufacturing drawings.

Inconvénients

The only negative comment I have is that the app occasionally crashes. It's easy to re-launch, but a bit of a nuisance.

Thierry

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Good with some needed improvements

Publié le 01/02/2021

A product I enjoy using and that fills my needs for quick and (relatively) easy graphic design for all sorts of needs (software development, ad creation, signs...).

Avantages

I love the flexibility of the tools I use as well as how detailed the work can be, when needed. Being able to export my drawings as images is also a big plus for me.

Inconvénients

Occasional crashes, interface not always obvious (I look for tools too often, because I'm not a pro user, I guess, but still...). License too restrictive for my needs. I have the subscription, but I am an "occasionally on the road" kind of worker, but I can not install the program on more than one machine. (At once, I mean, not simultaneously. If that was needed, I would buy two licenses.)

Stewart
  • Secteur d'activité : Recherche
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 1 001–5 000 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

My goto program for graphics

Publié le 01/02/2021

I have used Canvas since version 1.0 was introduced by Deneba about 1990. It has had its ups and downs, especially stability-wise, but it always delivered best what I needed, great versatility, at a great price. I was at a loss when the product was discontinued for a while, and immediately came back onboard when it was reborn. It was a personal purchase and I use it in preference to software freely available to me at work.

Avantages

My graphics needs vary a lot, not concentrated in one area, and this program covers them all. Sometimes I am making mechanical drawings, other times editing bitmaps, creating .svg files for my CNC, designing a birthday card, drawing a flowsheet. The positional accuracy of the software appeals to a person like me who has a mathematical mind.

Inconvénients

The infrequent crash, not so common anymore; I save my work fairly often, but also so I can back out of a creative avenue that isn't productive.

Steve

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 1.0 /10

Excellent product besides subscription model

Publié le 27/01/2021

Using the beta for Big Sur. Very stable even though it's a beta version.

Using the beta for Big Sur. Very stable even though it's a beta version.

Avantages

I have used Canvas since version 1 on the Mac back in the early 90s.
Could not live without it.

Inconvénients

Subscription model. I subscribed in order to export all documents to switch to a competition product that is not under subscription.

Dennis
  • Secteur d'activité : Urbanisme et architecture

Love it

Publié le 26/01/2021

I have been utilizing some form of Canvas since its original version. Have switched over to the Mac format since Canvas Draw 1

Avantages

I have been very impressed by the continual upgrading of the Canvas Draw products

Inconvénients

I have not found any drawbacks to the Canvas Draw products

Olivier
  • Secteur d'activité : Santé, bien-être et fitness

Happy Mac user of Canvas draw

Publié le 04/02/2021

Very positive since the beggining. I was never disapointed. I got always what I was waiting for.

Avantages

I like very much to build very simply, quickly and easily moderately complex graphics mixing various componednt soursces as vectorial drawing, JPEG pictures, texts etc. Its very intituitive. There is no equivalent software on Mac. I used all versions of Canvas since 1990 and was very diasapointed by his discontinuation in 2005. I was very happy to find it again in 2015, There was nothing equivalent.

Inconvénients

I regret that to buy a lifetime license has disappeard. I prefer to choose when to update than to be forced.

David
  • Secteur d'activité : Hôpitaux et soins de santé
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 10 000+ employés

Canvas X Draw Delivers

Publié le 08/04/2022

The overall experience with Canvas X Draw has been great. A fantastic product!

The overall experience with Canvas X Draw has been great. A fantastic product!

Avantages

I have used various iterations of Canvas since the late 1990s. It is hands down the most powerful, versatile, and user-friendly software product for scientists. I have used it throughout the years for image construction, figure arrangement, and scientific poster creation. It is my go-to solution for all of my publication needs. I have used this software to open files created with previous versions of Canvas that were more than 15 years old.

Inconvénients

There is very little that this software cannot do.

Laura
  • Secteur d'activité : Cosmétiques

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

I love this app. I use it daily

Publié le 23/07/2022

It helps me do my daily posts and promo

It helps me do my daily posts and promo

Avantages

It helps me to make my own posts and visual boards

Inconvénients

I would love to have more design templates

antonio
  • Secteur d'activité : Design
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

best program that I think is good value for your customers

Publié le 05/04/2021

a program with a good user interface and very easy to use

a program with a good user interface and very easy to use

Avantages

its easy-to-use style and its great tools with very simple use for the user

Inconvénients

tool rents need improvement for a fluid flow of their resources to the user
and updating tools more often

Jean
Jean
  • Secteur d'activité : Immobilier commercial
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

N'est working tool

Publié le 13/12/2022

Avantages

Actually I am for success in my job and what allowed me to be there is this canvasSince I've known it I'm always on topI've never been in love with a work tool but this one has put it in my hands and I'm madly in love with canvas which is currently my strength

Inconvénients

True that it gives me joy in my work but the problem is based on the cost