Joist

Cloud-based billing and invoicing platform for contractors

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

49 avis

Khadijah

• Support client

Joist was my starter invoice application. It allowed my small business to go to the next level

Publié le 02/07/2018

Avantages

I love that joist is easy to use from computer or smart phone on the go is not a problem. Joist is easy to use and understand even for older people who are not use to computers. When a payment is sent I can update my invoice so that I may see how much I have made even can update payment plans and make contracts

Inconvénients

The fee for receiving payments via the app. Sometimes the site and app can be down for maintenance when I really need it

Jason

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Joist- the estimating software you've been waiting for

Publié le 13/11/2019

Joist not only acts as a great estimating / quoting software. It functions as a decent crm, tracking customers email views and allowing you to sort them in multiple ways.

Financing is built right in, making it a seamless presentation tool. You are also able to take payments.

Pictures and documents can be uploaded right to your proposal. Different contracts can also be attached for commercial, residential, new construction etc.

Avantages

Joist is simple to set up, use and demonstrate.

Estimates can be emailed or texted right to the customers phone.

Inconvénients

Lacks more robust features other offering in the estimate software category have.

Not quite a full featured estimate software or crm but a very functional combination of both.

matthew

Works great for invoicing

Publié le 05/07/2018

Avantages

The app itself works great. Very helpful to email customer a invoice, estimate or a receipt right on the job

Inconvénients

First- I wish when I look up a Customer Support, it would not only pull up his contact info, but also a history of his jobs/invoices
Second- when you have customers pay with cc, joist uses WePay to process. WePay is a joke, zero communication, they went right into my bank acct and stole money simply because a customer clicked a dispute button because he was mad I didn't answer my phone when my sister was in a hospital.GONE and only through chats online have I received a pitiful notice that it will take up to 45 days to return my money, even after it took the blink of an eye to steal it. Crooks! And I will stop using joist just because of this instance. Boot WePay, hire a legit company like PayPal and I'd come back. Until then, I'm looking for new invoice company.

Joanna

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 4.0 /10

Simple To Use But Missing Essential Features

Publié le 06/09/2022

Avantages

Simple to use, easy to find what you need.

Inconvénients

App and desktop version don't communicate well, missing options that are necessary for billing and follow up marketing (example- no way to filter emails or customers added by month they were added for follow up)

Anthony

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Excellent App Bad Tiered Pricing

Publié le 03/03/2020

Overall I like using the app and customer services has been good, I'm just not pleased with the new pricing experimantation going on

Avantages

The app works perfectly and what I like the most is the notifications it provides when my clients open up their email and when they view the estimate.

Inconvénients

I'm not happy with the tiered pricing the company has commenced to implement, I am currently a paid joist pro member and have been happy using the app for its functionality, recently the company has introduced a second tier plan (Joist Elite) that bring more features to the app, some features dont really justify the upgrade however this tiered pricing implemented as a as we go along basis and not from app commencment feels a bit unfair for already paid members who feel left out or feel our current membership wont get any new updates.

One can say they can keep stacking tier after tier

Joist Gold
JOIST ultra etc..
It feels more like a pay for extra features on a subscription based offered than an actual upgrade in tier

For that they should have offered one time payment upgrades.

Pete

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Great starter platform

Publié le 15/05/2022

Support is not very responsive nor willing to provide real assistance. It's really a shame, because it really could be a dynamite program if they actually listened to customer's needs, and provided stronger functionality. They could even charge more. But they don't seem to care.

Avantages

Simple and straightforward, although lacking much needed functionality.

Inconvénients

Doesn't provide for a contractor who regularly services companies or multiple locations, just simple contacts with single locations. Support team doesn't work to implement additional features based on user input, not interested. Unfortunate.

Rj
  • Secteur d'activité : Immobilier
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Love Joist but support resolution has difficulty

Publié le 29/04/2019

Professional look and on the spot updates for materials used and labor expended which really increases accuracy. I really really love this product... I just hope I can get the email thing worked out.

Avantages

For Free software I can't complain - it does a great job at almost everything. I have several friends that are now using it and love it. I don't use Quick Books but it does have a sync feature if you use QB.

It takes a little getting use to when adding Items and clients but once it is set up it is awesome!!

Inconvénients

The only problem I am having is sending email from my Samsung Galaxy Tab A device. I can create invoices but when I send them it acts like it works but doesn't send anything. I have had a ticket open for several weeks with little being done.

I can send from my PC and my Phone but not my tablet. It is like it does not send my email request to the Joist server. I believe the problem to be with the APP itself.

I am waiting on someone to call me that can look at my account while I am sending email to see what if anything they are getting from my app.

Ryan

Joist to the rescue!

Publié le 30/06/2022

Very good!!

Avantages

It is so easy to use and very inexpensive. The free version is great for anyone starting a new business or crm.

Inconvénients

I wish it had a scheduling feature and a good,better,best option for estimating.

• Support client

Joist was the first software we used for painting estimates

Publié le 09/05/2018

Avantages

I liked how it was an estimating software and a CRM all in one. I also loved that I could send out formal Invoices.

Inconvénients

It didn't have any way to have customers pay online which made my job a lot more difficult since I had to chase down payments and wait for checks.

• Taille de l'entreprise : 11-50 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

Short of being all that we need as contractors

Publié le 30/04/2022

My overall experience with this software is that if you are a growing company, it can be outgrown making it necessary to seek software with more functions to replace this software.

Avantages

The ability to send estimates electronically for approvals.

Inconvénients

Not being able to write change orders with decreases in scope and costs. Must use other software to do this causes additional expense.
Cutting and pasting text from other software causes formatting uses. This decreases the efficacy of this software.
Not allowed to give discounts or credits on a signed estimate. Sometimes you want to add a benefit to the clients experience and this software does not offer this.

Russell
  • Secteur d'activité : Services environnementaux

Started using Paypal

Publié le 16/02/2021

Who are a few bumps here and they're doing the years that we use the app but they work through it with us and we were solved it and they improved their app but they really messed up and they start using PayPal PayPal is the worst absolute worst company to deal with the customerservice does not exist you can't speak to a human ever they are a joke and they offer invoicing I don't know why joist would have done this..[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was over the top at his job. He contacted us to see how we were even after we left the app joust

Avantages

Easy , quick good looking invoices, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] the emoyee was incredible even after we left because of PayPal. I just wish they offered more than one pay source

Inconvénients

PAYPAL. THEY RUINED THIS APP..customer service was over the top with joust, but with PayPal its nonexistent..they are rude if you get someone almost annoyed..usually they only want you to use community...we hate that

Michael

Very useful!

Publié le 26/03/2020

Overall, it's very useful and become an everyday tool for my business!

Avantages

With time, as items are added, it becomes very easy to generate a great looking Estimate.

Inconvénients

At first, it's time consuming, adding items slowly.

Kate

Contractor’s best friend

Publié le 11/04/2020

Love love love this. Cant say enough good things about Joist.

Avantages

Absolutely love this program. Use it all the time for estimates. Has an incredible system for estimates, invoices, payment, and overall management.

Inconvénients

Was a little difficult in connecting with quickbooks, but not horrible. Also while I know they have to make money, a few years ago the program was free, now has a pro option on order to access all features.

Nachman
Note globale
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

This is one of the best app finds !

Publié le 19/04/2018

Avantages

This program does everything high priced software does, and it absolutely FREE!!!

And not only is it not bogged down by ads, the developer has been adding more free stuff at a rapid pace, from taking credit card payments and e-checks directly though the app, to adding features to the quotes and bills themselves.

Now, while this software is made for general contractors, i use this for my own art and technology business.

And the few times I had questions, emails were returned with in hours!

Inconvénients

To be honest, there really are no cons to this software. It is truly a work of art. You can tell that this app was created by someone who truly "gets it".

Jerika
  • Secteur d'activité : Services aux consommateurs

10 out of 10 hands down

Publié le 10/04/2019

We have used Joist and recommended this to many for years! It is one of the best programs I have used for agreements. Integrates photos, multiple addresses, save frequently used items, easy export- the perfect solution for a company on a budget!

Avantages

ease of use, price, reliability, functionality

Inconvénients

ONLY complaint is not capturing IP address/digital signature being more secure

Juan Carlos

Excellent

Publié le 01/03/2018

Avantages

Very user friendly and looks great. Estimates and invoices look very clean and professional. Customers can pay with credit card or electronic check, excellent feature.

Inconvénients

Like all of it. There should be a way to notify and remind customers that they have an unpaid invoice.

Tahsin

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Easy to use, your business will cruise

Publié le 28/04/2019

It’s been my go to software. Use it at least 1-2 hours a day. Great software for specifiers, estimators and Sales.

Avantages

Very easy to use, the layout and interface is fantastic. You can integrate quick book with it. Create estimate within a minute and email it to your customer.

Inconvénients

Can’t add photos of an item. You have to add separate as an upload option but not as an individual item

Myron
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

Fast, clean interface

Publié le 03/05/2018

Avantages

The Joist interface is all about speed and ease of use. Even on slow network connections, Joist remained zippy and far less painful to use than other cloud-based systems. Solid set of features, even in the free version.

Inconvénients

We deal with a lot of monthly-invoiced, repeat customers. I wish Joist would add support for customer credits. Some of our customers would send a large check to cover several months, and there is no easy way to make Joist account for this scenario. We ultimately moved to another invoicing platform, but would certainly reconsider Joist if this feature is ever added.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 0.0 /10

Absolute worse functionality of any APP I've every used!!

Publié le 14/06/2022

As evidenced by my comments above, NOT GREAT :)
What's more, the support team can't understand plan English. I have to repeat my questions and concern to them several times in different ways before they do, only to reply - "Unfortunately, we do not fill-in-the-blank".

Avantages

That it is available for both desktop and smartphone

Inconvénients

Too many to list. There is hardly one functionality in this App that makes sense or is intuitive. It's hard to navigate, most of my client can't figure out how to sign, change orders are extremely inflexible, I can't automatically insert my signature - instead I have to go to two different platforms to do so. Again I would have to send too much time here to list all the problems.

Jose
  • Secteur d'activité : Fabrication électrique/électronique
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Outstanding tool. A must for all contractors.

Publié le 25/04/2018

I can do estimates and bill clients on the spot. Customer love how they get a quote, invoice and or receipt right-a-way. I like how easy it is to use and how it has a web interface as well as the phone ap.

Avantages

The mobile app and web interface are outstanding. It is so easy to generate a quote, invoice clients and record payment. The ability to email or text the invoice to clients is awesome. Custom contracts and phone inclusion allow for a wide range of customization. The ability to export clients is a huge time saver. I love how I can get an email copy of what is sent to the client.

Inconvénients

The function on the mobile app and the web interface are different. I wish it had the ability to export info to excel or other format.

Alan
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

Don't Mess with My Money

Publié le 09/08/2019

Do not use this app if you expect to get your payments in a timely manner, despite their "$10,000" limit they will hold funds of much lesser amounts and then dictate what they feel is require on your invoices to get paid. All while holding funds from your fully paid invoices!

Avantages

Convenience and phone based with a decent layout, hard to compare as I have only used PC based software

Inconvénients

Not stand alone, seems developers have contant access to all your transactions and can and will dictate when they will release your funds and how you should fill out your invoices.

Jamie
  • Secteur d'activité : Services à la personne et aux familles
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Decent CRM

Publié le 10/12/2021

Good option if your willing to pay for it.

Avantages

Easy flow platform, had everything that I needed at the time for free.

Inconvénients

Ended up taking the free version away. My business was still new and I wasn’t sure if this was the best option for me so I decided to try something else.

Michael
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

Remodel Handyman-

Publié le 02/02/2021

I like joist and continue to pay for them as a backup for receipts and invoices.

Avantages

The ease of use and ability to make simile changes on the fly.

Inconvénients

Super limited in use. Does not have drop down menus of materials or labor costs in each industry.

• Secteur d'activité : Services aux consommateurs
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Great, fast invoicing system

Publié le 18/03/2019

Use Joist for free-lance work and love the speed and ease of use that Joist provides. A great no-fuss invoicing solution without being weighed down by full-blown accounting software features.

Avantages

Speed is king with Joist, whether using their web interface or the excellent mobile app. The app is fast and responsive, even when operating on a fairly weak data connection. For quick and dirty invoicing, it's hard to beat the speed and efficiency of Joist.

Inconvénients

For recurring customers that like to pay ahead, I wish there was an account credit feature where you could add a credit to the customer account and then simply apply remaining credit to a new outstanding invoice.

Michelle
  • Secteur d'activité : Génie mécanique ou industriel
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 11-50 employés

I would not recommend

Publié le 09/10/2019

my experience has not been positive, more frustrating to try to get this software to do tings it can't than anything else

Avantages

Great software tool for the construction industry, does what it needs to to send out basic estimates and invoices to customers

Inconvénients

this software is expensive and doesn't go the extra mile
hard to use and understand
does not track percentages correctly nor does it show the percentage of billing to the customers