122 avis

Windscribe

Browse the web privately as it was meant to be.

4,6 /5 (122 avis) Donnez votre avis !

• Fonctionnalités
des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
122 avis
Gabriel P.
  • Secteur d'activité: Assurance
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 51-200 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

Must Have App

Publié le 26/01/2020

Sometimes you may be browsing and you may not want service providers to be able to track your browsing. Windscribe makes it very easy to maximize privacy and with a very ease to navigate interface allows you to browse with comfort and ease. Many different locations to choose from and you do not have to sacrifice internet speed

Avantages

The windscribe app is very user friendly and since I use Chrome browser there is a very convenient browser extension

Inconvénients

To really maximize Windscribe you will have to purchase a subscription. Thankfully you can purchase monthly, yearly, and even 2 or 3 yrs worth of subscriptions. Pricing is affordable and occasionally there are promo codes to help even more.

Ltd hunter G.
  • Secteur d'activité: Médias en ligne

Worth every penny

Publié le 20/07/2019

Extremely satisfied with the purchase. Use it every day on every device.

Avantages

Never disconnect, unlike many other VPN providers. Super fast to connect and disconnect. Affordable. Compatible with Chrome OS which is a huge plus because not many VPN apps support Chrome OS.

Inconvénients

I can't think of many cons. Maybe at the very beginning, I was having some issues installing the client on my Windows PC but that was because I had another tap software which conflicted with Windscribe. So my advice is to uninstall any other VPN before installing Windscribe.

Sanusi A.
  • Secteur d'activité: Enseignement supérieur
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 10 000+ employés

Great VPN

Publié le 16/05/2021

It helps to bypass most IP address limitations. I can connect with any location I desire.

Avantages

Very affordable. It can be used even for free without paying a dime. A large number of locations are available to choose from.

Inconvénients

Sometimes, your connection may be disconnected without any prior notice while using it. However, it is a satisfactory VPN to use.

Emily O.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 1 001-5 000 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Windscribe is a VPN with very fast connection speed but few locations

Publié le 31/05/2020

In the organization, we use Windscribe to test our services and web pages from different locations and verify that they work correctly and at stable speeds.

Avantages

I like Windscribe because it is a VPN with very fast loading and unloading servers. I also like it because it is available for multiple platforms, like Windows, Linux, or iOS. The graphical interface is very interactive and simple. It has an internet blocker that is very useful in case there are disconnections.

Inconvénients

Unfortunately Windscribe doesn't have many locations available. I also dislike that the price is a little high.

Joshua H.
  • Secteur d'activité: Médias de diffusion

Pretty Solid Entry-Level VPN

Publié le 08/03/2021

Windscribe has worked beautifully for my needs as someone who only needs to use a VPN every now and then on a once- or twice-a-week basis. It connects quickly and the speeds are pretty solid for my needs.

Avantages

Windscribe is a very easy-to-use VPN client. I hadn't used a VPN before, but Winscribe came highly recommended after doing a little research. Windscribe's free tier offers a solid amount of data and you get email alerts when your data has reset. For someone like me who doesn't use VPN 24/7 but needs it at times, Windscribe's free option is a perfect starting point!

Inconvénients

As is to be expected, Windscribe's free tier is a bit lacking in features. Data is limited, as are your VPN server options. When subscribed, you have much more control over which VPN server you'd like to use, as well as higher data caps.

Joshua K.
  • Secteur d'activité: Équipements publics
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois

Best FREE VPN Service!

Publié le 14/12/2019

Windscribe VPN was an obvious go-to solution for my business. We did not need paid service as we only ever use the VPN when we connect to the internet through public Wi-Fi hotspots. Their free plan is sufficient enough for us and allows us to protect consumer data when we aren't able to use a private internet connection.

Avantages

My absolute favorite thing about Windscribe VPN is that they have the best free plan around! The free plan that my business uses allows up to 10GB of bandwidth per user every month. The connections are fast and secure. I also like that they do not log user traffic.

Inconvénients

The only thing that I don't like about Windscribe VPN is that with the free plan you are quite limited with your choice of servers. You will find several free servers, but they are usually limited to just a few countries and only one or two in each of them.

Zachary V.
  • Secteur d'activité: Informatique et sécurité réseau

Windscribe Is Amazing

Publié le 19/05/2019

Ive been using windscribe on all of my devices for almost 2 years now and overall am very satisfied. It is actually the one vpn i always select over the competition.

Avantages

The ease of setup and regular use was EXTREMELY user friendly. Great pricing. Awesome speed.

Inconvénients

Could use more servers. Needs better affiliate program.

Joshua M.
  • Secteur d'activité: Immobilier
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant Essai gratuit

A Great Option For Chromebooks

Publié le 23/07/2019

Overall, I have had a positive experience and have considered buying the 2 year service option.

Avantages

I use this software with a Chromebook and it works great! It integrates right into the bottom left toolbar for ease of access without even having to open the app. The best way to run it is to download the Android app version onto your Chromebook so that it protects all traffic, rather than just the Chrome browser extension, which just covers the traffic happening on the browser itself. Overall, in my personal experience, Windscribe has rivaled the best in VPN services for features.

Inconvénients

Slightly slower than the top VPN providers in my experience, but this is highly subjective.

Rahel W.
  • Secteur d'activité: E-learning

Very cost effective

Publié le 28/02/2021

It's gives well needed security when browsing the net.

Avantages

It's very easy to use, easy to set up and create your account and extremely cost-effective. The smartphone app makes it easy to switch between different locations.

Inconvénients

The thing I like least about it is that it's not available on most devices for example gaming consoles.

Alex S.
  • Secteur d'activité: Équipements publics
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 201-500 employés

VPN and ad-blocking

Publié le 11/05/2021

Windscribe really helped us get our feet underneath us during the start of the pandemic. We were able to push our VPN's for all users who needed them.

Avantages

Our company uses Windscribe mainly for VPN to be used by some of our users along with back-end ad blocking.

Inconvénients

The software is not as new or mainstream as others on the market today. It could use a fresh coat of paint and and update to modern times.

Topik ..
  • Secteur d'activité: Logiciels

Windscribe is THE best VPN, hands down, no question

Publié le 28/01/2019

Windscribe has never let me down. It is a great VPN that everybody should be using.

Avantages

In short, speed, reliability, safety, generosity, and convenience. If you would like to know why, keep reading.
When it comes to speed, Windscribe is a cheetah racing deer. Windscribe delivers the fastest speeds compared to the competition. Before Windscribe, I hesitated to use VPNs at all due to how much it slowed down my connection. You either had to sacrifice security or speed. With Windscribe, no sacrifices are needed. Not even to your wallet. If you don’t use VPNs much or don’t want to spend money on a VPN, Windscribe’s free tier works amazingly great. With the free tier alone, you get a good amount of locations at a fast speed with a 15GB per month cap. If you upgrade, you unlock even faster speeds and a total of 57 locations. Giving away such a great free tier really shows what Windscribe is all about. One of the most unique aspects of Windscribe is it’s generous referral system. If you refer a friend to Windscribe using your affiliate link, you and your friend both get an extra gigabyte added to your monthly plan. The best part is, if your friend decides to get Windscribe Pro, you also get it. And that counts for anybody that you invite. If they upgrade to Pro, you get the exact same plan for the exact same time. No charge to you. Seems great, right? Well, there’s one more thing. If you have lots of computers and not a lot of money, you can upgrade your account by mining Monero. The more you mine, the more credits you get. Once you hit a certain n

Inconvénients

I really am a happy customer with Windscribe. To this day, I haven't had any issues at all.

Yury K.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

I use Windscribe VPN for a long time and this program has proven to be on the good side.

Publié le 22/03/2018

This VPN allows you to use the Internet without worrying that the data can get to the provider. It will easily unlock websites blocked in the country, as well as allow to use services unavailable in the country. All servers support anonymous torrent download and nobody will know about it.
If you want to access is banned in your region site to block tracking activity and make sure that your actions are not logged by the ISP, then VPN Windscribe is a great choice. Windscribe VPN has a high level of protection and is easy to use.

Avantages

Windscribe VPN is a secure VPN service designed for anonymous surfing on the web and circumventing regional restrictions when visiting blocked sites and allows you to absolutely anonymously visit pages on the Internet without the risk of tracking advertising modules.
Windscribe VPN has an easy to use VPN client, convenient, modern and intuitive interface.
In the desktop application developed built-in feature of the firewall that allow you to disable all connections that are established not through the VPN. Thus, Windscribe VPN provides an extra layer of protection, preventing leakage of your real IP address.
The program offers three different connection modes that use different ports to circumvent any limitations of your Internet service providers.
Windscribe VPN does not store any logs about the connection.
Connection of the selected server takes a few seconds. There is a browser extension for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera, which allows you to hide information about your browser, remove ads from the site, remove social buttons, remove tracking on sites and so on.
If necessary, you can create secure links.
I like that they have servers in many countries of the world, and even in Libya.
Windscribe VPN is a cross-platform service for computers, browsers, mobile phones, TV, routers, NAS and torrent clients
Windscribe VPN has an unlimited number of connections and you can use one account for all family members.

Inconvénients

When installing simultaneous connections from two locations can seriously slow down the speed of the Internet.
Sometimes, when you disable the service, my real IP address is not restored for some time, even after the restart. Shows the subsidiary provider. We have to wait a while.
The big cost of a lifetime license.

The best vpn

Publié le 09/10/2019

I feel safer when using Windscribe to search on the internet. It is easy to use and I don’t need to lose time on setups.

Avantages

It is easy to use. There is a little humor on the communications. Set up an account is easy. You can use any of the standard plans or build your own custom plan - depending on what you need, it could be really cheap.

Inconvénients

Really don’t see any cons in this software. Although I guess the iPhone app could be improved, sometimes it crashes. But for desktop computers, Windscribe is great.

Eduardo C.
  • Secteur d'activité: Emballage/livraison de marchandises
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 11-50 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

The true anonymity

Publié le 14/10/2019

I have a very positive experience with windscribe. Being able to access different IP addresses allows me to get better purchase prices for my clients. In addition, it allows me to enter pages that are normally blocked. I must emphasize that the connection speed is very good.

Avantages

It is an effective software, change your ip address instantly without generating connection problems. It has a wide range of geographical addresses which has helped me greatly in my work to get the best prices and products for my clients. The customer service is immediate and at the request of a new address act quickly

Inconvénients

More than a counter, I consider it a point to improve. Even, I consider it a kind of utopia for this type of software. In my personal experience, I would like that Windscribe can be anchored to several browsers, including browser windows, and that in each one it can offer a different ip address. This would improve my times incredibly.

• Secteur d'activité: Marketing et publicité

Easy to Use VPN Service with Vast Amount of Servers

Publié le 29/08/2019

Avantages

With security being of our top priorities in our office, we have Windscribe installed on each one of our office computers. While it would be reasonable to think that any VPN would have a massive effect on the connection quality to our computers, with Windscribe that effect is minimal to non-existent. They have an extensive server farm that ensures that regardless of your location, you will be able to connect to a server that is within a short distance, especially in the United States.

Inconvénients

One thing that can be frustrating at times, is the feature on the software that is supposed to connect your device to the closest possible server. This feature, at times, can fail to connect to the closest server but this typically happens when using a mobile device that is consistently connecting to different cell towers. While the effect of connecting to a slightly further server is small, it can get quite annoying to have to manually select the best server location.

Debjit B.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Be anonymous, hide ad's and browse safely.

Publié le 14/09/2018

I love the idea of anonymously and ads blocker in one package, it stops ads before it loads and saves you bandwidth cost. It doesn't need any special configuration and has an android app, which includes with your account costs, so you can secure your pc and your phone at same time. It helps to hide your true identity and give flexibility of going anonymous with one click.

Avantages

f you are fade up with ads and cookies are hunting you then this VPN and Ads blocker will help you a lot. I use it to purchase and hide from local firewall. It is really when you found you cannot access your own account in file storage website which you used to share big files, even it is your own created/shot videos. I use this VPN to bypass this awkward situation and access my files. It does not keeps track of my browser's history and give the anonymity. Even when I shop online websites track me and show me different prices for different places. The adblocker works fine all ads on video site is blocked and I can see any video without any ads.

Inconvénients

It sometimes lags very much and doesn't load at peak time. When changing the server on the fly sometimes it stops working and needs to be restart and breaks all my connections.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

My favortie VPN on the list

Publié le 28/10/2019

Simply awesome the ui is good, the connection is fast, the speed is top notch, plenty of locations to choose from, etc just say a nice location they don't have in thier list but on top of all the support is outstanding.

Avantages

Seriously, there is not even a function i can say i don't like or don't use, there is ROBERT and autopilot that can connect to a nearest server with best connectivity in real time, manual server selection is so wide sometimes i feel its much more advanced then any other VPN services out there. Been using it since 2 years with no complaints so far better then any other i have used till now.

Inconvénients

nothing, simply there is nothing i don't like, but if i have to say i would say its much more advanced and much more useful then its competitors sometime its feel like ruling and not giving them any chance to grow at all.

• Secteur d'activité: Design graphique

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Great VPN, especially for the price.

Publié le 10/12/2019

Port forwarding helps with accessing work remotely, privacy, seeding for shared projects. Convenient when wanting privacy while working remotely.

Avantages

It's a simple and straight-forward VPN. I love that the account spans mobile use and is supported on all major platforms, and the package offerings for the price at the time were incredible. I love some of their security features (R.O.B.E.R.T is handy) and ability to block unsavory content/distractions. Port forwarding option is also convenient. Running across multiple ("unlimited") devices is extremely convenient. Always connects for me, great speeds (a majority of the time). Pretty great security. Strict no logging policy, I have a lot more faith in Windscribe than many competitors.

The company also has a great sense of humor.

Inconvénients

Fairly minimal in feature set past the initial "this is a VPN" situation. Occasions where some applications suffer from iffier download speeds. Haven't been able to use for foreign Netflix or other services, though this wasn't my intention for use. Static IP purchase is separate.

Danny V.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 5 001-10 000 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Excellent software to stay anonymous

Publié le 19/09/2019

The experience I've had with windscribe has been positive, my privacy is always protected and I can connect to public Wi-Fi without having to be afraid of hackers. Now I can visit web pages that are blocked in my country and without noticeably slowing down the browsing speed. As the Pro plan is quite accessible, I was able to hire it and benefit from all the tools offered by Windscribe.

Avantages

Windscribe has many features that I like, for example, it offers a free plan for new users where you can surf the internet up to 10 Gb of data monthly and with access to 11 countries. As I have the Pro plan (which is quite economical), I can surf the internet safely and unlimitedly, I can connect to more than 60 countries and the speed is really good. Security is strict, I can use Windscribe on my cell phone and also on my laptop simultaneously, that way I am protected from hackers that can steal information. Its interface is excellent very intuitive and easy to understand and the technical support always respond quickly when I have a problem. Without a doubt, a real wonder.

Inconvénients

Windscribe works perfectly, I just wish it had more Latin countries, such as Peru, Ecuador, Venezuela and Panama, since it has very few.

Marie W.
  • Secteur d'activité: Rédaction et correction
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 11-50 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Anonymize your web browsing.

Publié le 21/02/2019

Avantages

1.- Windscribe has multiplatform support, so it can be used in Windows, Mac, Linux. It also has a plugin for web browsers (chrome and firefox).
2.- The installation and use is quite simple. In my case, I use the firefox pluggin, to install it the same process is done with any add-on (you just have to allow the installation in firefox and that's it), and for your use you just have to click on its icon and move a button to the option "on" and you will be navigating safely. In the case of the windows application, you only have to install it in a habitaul way and you are ready to use it.
3.- By using Windscribe you protect your credentials, so you do not give any information on the web, preventing them from easily tracking and obbtangan your browsing history, real ip and other data.
4 .- effectively blocks annoying ads (typical popup automatic) that only hinder navigation on the web.
5.- the connection speed that winscribe offers is really very good, you will hardly notice that you are using proxy since you can download files and surf the web comfortably.

Inconvénients

So far I have not had any problem or difficulty with windscribe, since your app works smoothly. Perhaps the only bad thing is that there are hours of the day where the connection declines and becomes slower, but as a result the connection works very well (although it will always depend on the server you use and the web pages you visit).

Carl G.
  • Secteur d'activité: Télécommunications
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 10 000+ employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

VPN service with good browsing speed.

Publié le 28/07/2019

Excellent software to have more freedom and protection when we are on the Internet. It is effective to avoid the cookies that our metadata and spam collect.

Avantages

Internet browsing speed is fast on the main servers offered by Windscribe. It works smoothly when unlocking pages that have streaming subscription.

Inconvénients

In recent months we have experienced drops in the connection that last more than 24 hours. The support service takes many hours to respond. The location of some countries does not match the address and IP indicated by Windscribe.

Réponse de Windscribe Traduire en français

How these geo-location sites work is they have a database of IP addresses that map to locations. Many of these "ip checker websites" have very outdated databases, so it may still be showing IP location from many years ago. IPs get transferred from host to host all the time, so the IP of that particular server must have been in the detected country in the past.

Our servers are physically in locations that they are claimed to be in, you can verify this empirically by performing a traceroute to the server itself.

"Drops in connection" relate to your ISP. All VPN servers are independent, if one goes down there are others to pick up the slack.

Oguz T.
  • Secteur d'activité: Hôpitaux et soins de santé

BEST VPN EVER

Publié le 07/12/2020

Overall I think Windscribe is one of the best VPN provider. I recommend it to everyone.

Avantages

I think the best thing is that you can share your account with unlimited users. So all my family can use a great VPN for a very good price. It connects and disconnects super-quickly. User-interface is also very easy to use and you have a lot of server choices. Windscribe supports a good amount of devices so you can conect to a VPN server whenever you want. It also has a Chrome plug-in that you can use and I think it's a great feature.

Inconvénients

Personally I don't think there are any cons but the connection speeds are slow sometimes.

Tim P.
  • Secteur d'activité: Transport routier/ferroviaire
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 201-500 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Windscribe is an affordable, powerful VPN for safe, anonymous browsing!

Publié le 09/10/2018

Overall this is a solid, powerful VPN that has a lot of great features for a fraction of the price of most other VPN clients. If you can get a subscription on sale, it's an even better value. I definitely recommend Windscribe!

Avantages

I managed to get a lifetime subscription on sale for this software, so I like the price for the features this software offers! This VPN is easy to install and use, and Windscribe doesn't keep logs so I don't have to worry about my browsing information being shared by others. It offers many different VPN connections so you can adjust as needed, should one of the connections be slow.

Inconvénients

The only downside of this software is the frequent updates it needs, but it's more of an annoyance than a flaw. My lifetime subscription also requires that I log into the website every 10 years or so to keep it active, but that's another minor annoyance.

Orlando B.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 5 001-10 000 employés

A very fast VPN

Publié le 17/09/2019

I have been using Windscribe for 2 years and it has worked perfectly. I have the Pro version and that way I can surf the internet safely and unlimitedly. The cost of membership is very economical and if I pay the annual plan I get much cheaper.

Avantages

I like several things about Windscribe. First, I can use it for free. It's really good because it hides the IP perfectly and allows me to enter pages that have restrictions for my country. In addition, security matters a lot to me and with Windscribe I feel protected and I can also use it on my cell phone. As for the connection, Windscribe is very fast, I can connect to the server you want in a few seconds. The cost of the monthly membership has an affordable price. I really like its interface too.

Inconvénients

I would like it to have more Latin countries, such as Peru, Venezuela, Chile, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Honduras, etc. Everything else is excellent.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Securely surf the net even in repressive areas

Publié le 06/08/2019

Avantages

It works even in regions where VPNs don't, I was in an asian country that has this thing against VPNs and it was just working, was in Zimbabwe and social networks and VPNs were once blocked and it was still working so that's definitely great
Their free data is great and the unlimited data is much better
It's still just as fast unlik some connections that slow down when it's vpn
No configuration hassles just username and password and you good to go
This is besides the point but I like the memes they send in their emails lol

Inconvénients

At time the firewall the blocks traffic can just turn on while I'm not connected and I can spend a bit of time not knowing why my browser keeps saying Blocked Access
My PC would crash when I'd turn it on, on a network with Sophos equipment, I don't know why... maybe it was a Wifi drivers thing also.