Avis clients sur Windscribe

Windscribe

4,6 (179)
Donnez votre avis !
Parcourez le web en mode réellement privé.

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

179 avis

Tim
Tim
  • Secteur d'activité : Transport routier/ferroviaire
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 201–500 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Windscribe is an affordable, powerful VPN for safe, anonymous browsing!

Publié le 09/10/2018

Overall this is a solid, powerful VPN that has a lot of great features for a fraction of the price of most other VPN clients. If you can get a subscription on sale, it's an even better value. I definitely recommend Windscribe!

Avantages

I managed to get a lifetime subscription on sale for this software, so I like the price for the features this software offers! This VPN is easy to install and use, and Windscribe doesn't keep logs so I don't have to worry about my browsing information being shared by others. It offers many different VPN connections so you can adjust as needed, should one of the connections be slow.

Inconvénients

The only downside of this software is the frequent updates it needs, but it's more of an annoyance than a flaw. My lifetime subscription also requires that I log into the website every 10 years or so to keep it active, but that's another minor annoyance.

carl
carl
  • Secteur d'activité : Télécommunications

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

VPN service with good browsing speed.

Publié le 28/07/2019

Excellent software to have more freedom and protection when we are on the Internet. It is effective to avoid the cookies that our metadata and spam collect.

Avantages

Internet browsing speed is fast on the main servers offered by Windscribe. It works smoothly when unlocking pages that have streaming subscription.

Inconvénients

In recent months we have experienced drops in the connection that last more than 24 hours. The support service takes many hours to respond. The location of some countries does not match the address and IP indicated by Windscribe.

Réponse de Windscribe

How these geo-location sites work is they have a database of IP addresses that map to locations. Many of these "ip checker websites" have very outdated databases, so it may still be showing IP location from many years ago. IPs get transferred from host to host all the time, so the IP of that particular server must have been in the detected country in the past.

Our servers are physically in locations that they are claimed to be in, you can verify this empirically by performing a traceroute to the server itself.

"Drops in connection" relate to your ISP. All VPN servers are independent, if one goes down there are others to pick up the slack.

Candace
  • Secteur d'activité : Matériel informatique
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 501–1 000 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Windscribe is an open source VPN!

Publié le 22/04/2018

The benefits of using Windscribe include being able to protect IP address while surfing the web. Other benefits of using Windscribe include disabling internet connectivity. Additional benefits of using Windscribe include three diverse monthly plans that unlock locations and IP addresses. Benefits of using Windscribe include being provided 1.7 GB of none chargeable data. Overall, companies such as PayPal and American Express trust the brand or company.

Avantages

Windscribe is an open source VPN. Windscribe selects a random IP address for the user. Windscribe is available for Windows or MacBook operating systems. Windscribe offers various features such as an extension for any web browser. Windscribe is only 42.5 MB in file size. Windscribe allows user to select LAN traffic with firewall available.

Inconvénients

Windscribe can allow users to enable proxy gateway. Windscribe launches on start up but user can modify within preferences. Windscribe interrupts the natural server or internet connection. Windscribe online account remains logged in as the user after two days of accessing the account and turning off the application. Windscribe maintains payment information and usernames as well as email addresses after discontinuing services.

Orlando
Orlando
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 5 001–10 000 employés

A very fast VPN

Publié le 17/09/2019

I have been using Windscribe for 2 years and it has worked perfectly. I have the Pro version and that way I can surf the internet safely and unlimitedly. The cost of membership is very economical and if I pay the annual plan I get much cheaper.

Avantages

I like several things about Windscribe. First, I can use it for free. It's really good because it hides the IP perfectly and allows me to enter pages that have restrictions for my country. In addition, security matters a lot to me and with Windscribe I feel protected and I can also use it on my cell phone. As for the connection, Windscribe is very fast, I can connect to the server you want in a few seconds. The cost of the monthly membership has an affordable price. I really like its interface too.

Inconvénients

I would like it to have more Latin countries, such as Peru, Venezuela, Chile, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Honduras, etc. Everything else is excellent.

Karambir Singh
Karambir Singh
  • Secteur d'activité : Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif

Affordable VPN for Router

Publié le 03/03/2022

All-in-all, Windscribe was well worth the effort to configure OpenVPN. They are dedicated to providing a high level of service.

Avantages

I can configure my router to access Windscribe via OpenVPN. That way, all devices on my WiFi network benefit without the necessary effort required to install VPN software

Inconvénients

The documentation for configuring OpenVPN on my router was nonexistent and support could not direct me to appropriate resources. I was able to find documentation and determine the right settings through trial-and-error.

Kim
Kim
  • Secteur d'activité : Marketing et publicité
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois

Great VPN for Marketers

Publié le 22/03/2019

I use Windscribe to test geo settings in marketing. Often times, you need to set up different flows for different countries. This tool will help you check if the geo settings are correct.

I also use it a lot while traveling, both to secure my IP when accessing hotspots, but also to connect to NetFlix for entertainment. Same goes for reading local news from abroad, one of my favorite publications is blocking a lot of content for foreign users.

Avantages

It has a huge range of countries you can use to connect the VPN.

Connection is usually fast and trouble free.

It has an IP-lock that will block traffic until your VPN connection is running, it will also block the traffic if the VPN accidentally drops out. This is a great way to protect your real IP, even in case there is a hickup.

It has servers that will bypass NetFlix VPN check. These are named Windflix in the server list. If you travel a lot, this is a great feature.

Inconvénients

I do not have any particular dislikes about Windscribe. The only thing I can think of, is the frequent updates. Each update, requires you to download the installation file, close down Windscribe and then run the installation. I would have liked it to auto-update in the background. That way, I would not have to do this myself before I can use the software every other time.

Keith
Keith
  • Secteur d'activité : Services financiers

“Easy Install VPN“

Publié le 15/01/2023

Windscribe is a virtual private network that help Wifi to work better with your mobile and computer devices. It secure your privacy while you are browsing the web.

Avantages

The VPN can connect to nearly all the countries in the world. I like that it offer large GB and it does not take up any resources on your computer.

Inconvénients

I notice that some of the countries like Atlanta, Kansas, and Boston require you to enroll into a subscription plan.

Kerby
Kerby
  • Secteur d'activité : Services aux consommateurs

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

When security is a must.

Publié le 17/12/2019

I love this product i have it installed on all my devices. It's my always on VPN on my phone. Wouldn't trade it.

Avantages

This product is absolutely amazing. Works on just about any platform. Some of the best security available and fits into any budget.

Inconvénients

My only problem is that there's not more servers. It has a great choice i just wish there was more location specific servers.

Joysurjya
Joysurjya
  • Secteur d'activité : Loisirs, voyage et tourisme
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 1 à 5 mois

Brilliant in terms of Speed and Cost - Great Alternative to NordVPN

Publié le 29/02/2020

I primarily started using windscribe when I shifted to a Macbook air. I was already using TunnelBear and found it pricey. I tried out the free version of Windscribe and stuck with it since because the monthtly quota on the free version was a lot more than what Tunnel Bear offered. Although sometimes the speeds can reduce by a large margin, I still continue to use windscribe because it's simple.

Avantages

1. Even on the free version, the monthly data quota which you get while using Windscribe is a lot more than most other 'Free' VPNs.
2. It is really user friendly. Just install, select location and turn it on and you are up and running.
3. Supports multiple platforms. I use it on my Windows PC, my macbook air and my android smartphone as well.

Inconvénients

1. Some servers although listed as the best possible one, reduce speeds by a large margin.
2. A lot of the regular servers don't unlock Netflix regions. So if you're looking to access the US or UK netflix, you might have to look elsewhere.

Alternatives envisagées

NordVPN
Ozan
Ozan

Easy to use VPN solution

Publié le 11/10/2019

I used the free version and it is very practical to use for temporarily usages.

I used the free version and it is very practical to use for temporarily usages.

Avantages

Windscribe is a very easy yo use VPN solution that works on couple of platforms like MacOS and Chrome extension. Especially Chrome extension is really good and easy to use. There are various countries and servers should be connected in free version and more on the paid version.

Inconvénients

Free version serves adequate locations and servers but the connection interrupts very often. And mostly cannot connect the same server again.

The best vpn

Publié le 09/10/2019

I feel safer when using Windscribe to search on the internet. It is easy to use and I don’t need to lose time on setups.

Avantages

It is easy to use. There is a little humor on the communications. Set up an account is easy. You can use any of the standard plans or build your own custom plan - depending on what you need, it could be really cheap.

Inconvénients

Really don’t see any cons in this software. Although I guess the iPhone app could be improved, sometimes it crashes. But for desktop computers, Windscribe is great.

Alternatives envisagées

NordVPN

Pourquoi choisir Windscribe

Better service, better price.

Logiciel antérieur

TunnelBear

Pourquoi passer à Windscribe

Price.
  • Secteur d'activité : Services et technologies de l'information

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

My favortie VPN on the list

Publié le 28/10/2019

Simply awesome the ui is good, the connection is fast, the speed is top notch, plenty of locations to choose from, etc just say a nice location they don't have in thier list but on top of all the support is outstanding.

Avantages

Seriously, there is not even a function i can say i don't like or don't use, there is ROBERT and autopilot that can connect to a nearest server with best connectivity in real time, manual server selection is so wide sometimes i feel its much more advanced then any other VPN services out there. Been using it since 2 years with no complaints so far better then any other i have used till now.

Inconvénients

nothing, simply there is nothing i don't like, but if i have to say i would say its much more advanced and much more useful then its competitors sometime its feel like ruling and not giving them any chance to grow at all.

Marie
  • Secteur d'activité : Rédaction et correction
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Anonymize your web browsing.

Publié le 21/02/2019

Avantages

1.- Windscribe has multiplatform support, so it can be used in Windows, Mac, Linux. It also has a plugin for web browsers (chrome and firefox).
2.- The installation and use is quite simple. In my case, I use the firefox pluggin, to install it the same process is done with any add-on (you just have to allow the installation in firefox and that's it), and for your use you just have to click on its icon and move a button to the option "on" and you will be navigating safely. In the case of the windows application, you only have to install it in a habitaul way and you are ready to use it.
3.- By using Windscribe you protect your credentials, so you do not give any information on the web, preventing them from easily tracking and obbtangan your browsing history, real ip and other data.
4 .- effectively blocks annoying ads (typical popup automatic) that only hinder navigation on the web.
5.- the connection speed that winscribe offers is really very good, you will hardly notice that you are using proxy since you can download files and surf the web comfortably.

Inconvénients

So far I have not had any problem or difficulty with windscribe, since your app works smoothly. Perhaps the only bad thing is that there are hours of the day where the connection declines and becomes slower, but as a result the connection works very well (although it will always depend on the server you use and the web pages you visit).

Samuel
  • Secteur d'activité : Design graphique
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

It's a product of high quality but not without it's flaws

Publié le 26/07/2021

I have no complaints per se. I have had a blast using the app and I intend to keep it that way.

Avantages

Perhaps the best thing about Windscribe is that I have been a member of their free tier plan from the start. I will never have to pay for a VPN subscription again. The 60 GB free tier plan is sufficient for what I need and works just like the pro plan. Using the 60 GB plan has been fantastic but not without some noticeable flaws.
The best part is that is set to auto-renew every month.

Inconvénients

It failed to pass undetected on some sites with sophisticated algorithm software. I ran multiple tests on my android device while Windscribe was active and my location was visible.
I had issues, particularly with the US servers. It's only fair that would be the case since most people use this server more often than others.
I read on their website that you have to use the browser extension in conjunction with the desktop app for optimal performance. While this bit of information is valuable, It does cause some issues for me; It often consume more of my computer's battery than it should.

Joshua
Joshua
  • Secteur d'activité : Vente au détail

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Perfect speeds for a reasonable price

Publié le 19/09/2021

Overall, Windscribe has passed my test. They have very affordable monthly (annually, too) payments. I have never had an issue with connection speed in my years of using their service.

Avantages

Windscribe is very clear about their privacy policy. They do not store any logs that can be tied back to the VPN subscriber. There are numerous VPN locations all with great latency. I also appreciate that they have made it possible for subscribers to be able to pay via cryptocurrency.

Inconvénients

Their software for MacOS is sometimes finicky. I also wish that they supported PPTP and/or L2TP so that I could configure it manually in my operating system.

Amir
  • Secteur d'activité : Design graphique

Windscribe Impact as a VPN

Publié le 01/09/2022

I've been using it for a long time, maybe 4-5 years. Unfortunately I ain't planning to renew my subscription anymore because it can't hide your identity enough on internet.

Avantages

Windsribe has a neat UI, you can almost figure out what's going on. Windscribe VPN protocols is higher than most of VPNs, also gives you different ports to try. There is many location to connect.

Inconvénients

There is no ping refresh option in the PC app so you can't refresh and see fresh pings to diffrent servers. For doing that, you must completely close and reopen the app. There no way to connect to a location which is unavailable for you.

Damilola
Damilola
  • Secteur d'activité : Services et technologies de l'information

Windscribe

Publié le 26/04/2019

Avantages

I first saw windscribe vpn on a friend's phone he explained he had being using it for a while that it's a great vpn, then i was convinced to install it on my phone firstly I love the fact that they give free 10 GB of data per month with unlimited connections, the mobile application is user friendly and easy to use. selection of regions is really easy on application.

Inconvénients

After I decided to upgrade to their pro version, their customer support is just too slow in responding to message. I notice the browsing speed is slower compare to some top vpn in the market.

Paul
  • Secteur d'activité : Génie mécanique ou industriel

Windscribe VPN

Publié le 11/12/2020

Using Windscribe enables me to check customer's visibility of our website and various tools from outside our intranet.

Using Windscribe as a personal user gives the freedom of unlocking all content on such apps as Netflix

Avantages

Both desktop and browser apps very simple and intuitive to use and changing settings very clear. The graphical interface is a nice touch.

Inconvénients

Having bought the software purely for the VPN features, the added extras bought in are a little confusing - maybe some more descriptions and instructions for these?

Rail
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 1 001–5 000 employés

Incredible VPN Software

Publié le 08/06/2023

All in all, Windscribe is a great VPN service that I recommend for everyone.

All in all, Windscribe is a great VPN service that I recommend for everyone.

Avantages

This software offers a free plan with 10 GB of monthly data, which is fantastic. It helps to get experience of the service before committing to a paid subscription.

Inconvénients

The free plan of this software allows only one device connection at a time but that is not a big deal.

Sanusi
  • Secteur d'activité : Enseignement supérieur

Great VPN

Publié le 16/05/2021

It helps to bypass most IP address limitations. I can connect with any location I desire.

Avantages

Very affordable. It can be used even for free without paying a dime. A large number of locations are available to choose from.

Inconvénients

Sometimes, your connection may be disconnected without any prior notice while using it. However, it is a satisfactory VPN to use.

Monday
Monday
  • Secteur d'activité : Rédaction et correction
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

I love using Windscribe

Publié le 21/11/2018

Windscribe is a good VPN services and I have recommended it for some of my friends who don't have the much needed cash to buy any VPN service to try out their free trial before they buy any VPN they need.

Avantages

Windscribe is one of the best VPN app that I love to use. For the fact that they give free 10GB bandwidth monthly to use some selected servers makes it one of the best VPN I have used and I will continue to use them because they always have their customer attention at their core center and also reply to every inquiries being sent to the through email.

Inconvénients

In as much that they offer free trial on some selected locations their premium version is limited in some locations and does not have much more location than other VPN services that I have used. Though some of the locations might be what I used mostly but some that I need on occasional basis are not available for me.

Corneille
Corneille

Windscribe VPN usage experience

Publié le 07/07/2022

Windscribe is an easy to use VPN and it helps me a lot when I watch my streaming videos and such.

Avantages

Windscribe is a VPN that works well, its extension works very well, easy to connect and use, it has a nice design and the price is reasonable, so it's really interesting.

Inconvénients

This VPN works well except that there is not too much location and sometimes its connection becomes a bit slow when I use it and.

Ridwan
Ridwan
  • Secteur d'activité : Médias de diffusion
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 51–200 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

I can keep browsing when Windscribe has my back

Publié le 25/10/2022

Avantages

Windscribe has several server locations so I can choose cities if necessary. But what I love about Windscribe is the moment I turn it on no website can find my location. I even worked on sites that are highly restrictive about location.

Inconvénients

I think they should add the option of auto-switching if some reason the connected server is slow. If auto-switching is not possible let me know I can switch to a better server. Their graphical view of the server load is still confusing. I prefer simple numbers and good old percentages.

Sevinc
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 1 001–5 000 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

Secure and Effective VPN Service

Publié le 11/04/2022

This is an effective VPN service with high speed and many available regions, I recommend it.

Avantages

This software has some positive aspects that I would like to emphasize. First, as I know this software available for all regions ( mostly everyone can use it ). Second, this software has almost all important and available region servers to join. Third, even though there are many servers that are premium, you can still use several other free servers.

Inconvénients

Many essential regions are not available for free use.

The hidden Alice in VPN-Land

Publié le 19/06/2018

Best VPN I have ever used

Best VPN I have ever used

Avantages

A happy customer using the software for a very long time and have been satisfied with the service. AS this has many options for changing the location blazing fast.

Inconvénients

So this VPN has a setting where Unless I connect with it I will not be able to access my internet which puts me off at first and then I have changed my firewall settings.