24 avis

• Fonctionnalités
des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
24 avis
Feldriana T.
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

One of the best coincidences of my life, a comfortable and friendly software

Publié le 30/05/2018

Lightworks was an excellent option to get started in the world of video editing; easy to use, excellent editing tools, cuts of videos, union of videos, sounds, images, compatibility with several video formats and a fresh and simple interface make me not to regret using this program. I recommend it a lot.

Avantages

Like the edition of images and photographs, I am also an enthusiast of video editing, and one day reviewing software through the network, I got this excellent program of video editing, which is shown as a starting point for all that enthusiast , that like me, we have been learning to use video editing programs on our own.

Among the benefits of this program is its ability to edit videos and movies, with a tolerance level for several formats such as 2k, 4k, PAL, NTSC and high definition, making the user experience more rich and varied, as well as having an interface quite friendly and easy to use

Inconvénients

While this program is quite successful in the world of film and some professional video editors, I think there is software to edit videos with higher quality and more innovative and elegant tools, however, this program is excellent for learning everything you need to know editing of videos and makes it a unique and quite useful software

Lucas M.
  • Secteur d'activité: Rédaction et correction
  • Taille de l'entreprise: Auto-entrepreneur
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

A very able video editing tool, quite intuitive. Also has a free trial that can be renewed

Publié le 11/12/2019

I am a big fan of beginner-friendly creative tools. Lightworks allows me to make short advertisement videos for my freelance business, even though I have no formal education in video edition. It also allows me to create and edit those videos on a computer that is not a high-end machine by any means. I usually export my short videos (with a length of up to 2 minutes) to a YouTube-usable format, H264-720p, with no issues and little wait

Avantages

I consider Lightworks' interface to be quite intuitive, as I required almost no time to get used to it. I usually have no issues importing images, audio or other clips to a video project. Exporting also usually goes smoothly. I happen to have other video editing softwares installed, but very rarely had the need to use anything other than Lightworks.

Inconvénients

I have no complaints about Lightworks. Its frugal set of features - that for some other people could be a turn-off - was enough for the edition whole Hollywood movies such as Pulp Fiction and The Wolf of Wall Street, so a little getting used to it should go a long way, especially for most beginner video editors.

James H.
  • Secteur d'activité: Banque
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 10 000+ employés
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant Essai gratuit

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 0.0 /10

Lightworks is a glitchy mess

Publié le 22/01/2019

Avantages

The only thing I really liked is that its easy to use.

Inconvénients

I hate this software, yes its easy to use but each time I am trying to edit my videos it keeps turning it green and corrupts the file. If I watch it on windows player there are no blackouts. overall I hated this software.

Benu B.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

Lightworks is to video what Gimp is to photos - powerful and free

Publié le 30/04/2018

Lightworks is free, capable, and flexible. For new editors, it's a good first step into the world of nonlinear editing, and it opens the door for Linux users to practice better digital creativity.

Avantages

Lightworks is a capable, flexible, and valuable video editor that almost anyone can learn. The workflow is adaptable to most project types, and the system requirements are easily achieved.

Should a user require more advanced features, there is a "pro" version the company sells for a reasonable price, but this is optional. The fact that users can learn and evaluate the software, without spending a dime, is a huge plus.

Lightworks is also one of the few capable editors that has Linux support, so that is a huge plus. More Linux support is always a good thing, and this software opens up lots of value to those users.

Overall, Lightworks is to video editing as Gimp is to photo editing. Anyone can pick it up and learn for free, and it helps build creativity and technical skill for a diverse userbase.

Inconvénients

The UI of Lightworks is archaic. This might seem like an arbitrary complaint, but for a video editing program the user needs clarity in what tools and windows are intended to do. Lightworks' iconography and relatively bright color scheme distracts from the work to be done.

Also, Lightworks changes the mechanics of certain basic editing tasks, notably edit replace and ripple edit. My displeasure with the differences might just be my muscle memory from other programs, but these are fairly normal tasks that should be as easy/standard as possible. Perhaps for new users, there will not be much transition pain, but for seasoned editors, it may be a bother.

Peter B.
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus d'un an

• Support client

Fantastic video editing software - no limits!

Publié le 03/05/2018

Avantages

Lightworks takes the very complicated job of editing videos and makes it about as easy as it can be without sacrificing functionality. I tried several other packages and kept running into things they could not do. With Lightworks I had to work hard at researching and learning but I could always get the job done.

Inconvénients

It's hard to come up with something bad to say. The learning curve is a bit steep but I would not want them to dumb it down in any way!

I was unhappy with a lack of sync between the audio and video several times. It was all fine outside lightworks but when I imported it things got out of sync. I could fix it but I should not have had to.

Adonay S.
  • Secteur d'activité: Services d'information
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 11-50 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus d'un an

Awesome

Publié le 25/09/2020

Once we learn the use of the program and practiced a lot, we've been able to create very awesome videos with nice transitions and also, if you need some basic audio equalizations, those can be done from the program itself, no need to use an audio processor unless you need to perform a special operation with audio.

Avantages

It has lots of features, from the most basic crops to highly advanced customizations. In the forum is possible to find additional effects that also look great and save time. There are lots of tutorials in their site about how to perform some of the most commonly used functions.

Inconvénients

Not sure if it's a con, but it has a very long learning curve since there are no menus to look for the different operations that could be done, many of them are done via keyboard shortcuts (can't compare with other software since Lightworks has it's own approach on edition: nodes instead of layers).

Frank I.
  • Secteur d'activité: Études de marché
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 51-200 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

My Review of Lightworks

Publié le 26/01/2019

Avantages

I use the free version of Lightworks for creating tutorial videos, and in my usage it has proven to be a very reliable video editor; no crashes, easy to use (with a lot of video tutorials online to get you started), and features that you don’t normally find on a lot of free video software.

Inconvénients

For the level of functionality it provides for free, I can’t complain.

Alex S.
  • Secteur d'activité: Divertissement
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Pretty good. Free editor for starting youtube videos.

Publié le 16/07/2018

If you're starting out on youtube and you want a good free editor, this is the one.

Avantages

There's a ton of effects you can put onto videos, and if that's not enough you can always download more from the site, and there's more than 100 there. There's a flexible and fixed gui setting, the flexible is better for small monitors, and the fixed for larger. It also allows 60fps rendering, which is something i've only seen in paid software.

Inconvénients

Probably the fact that you can't upload in more than 720p if you don't pay, but that would probably be it for me.

• Secteur d'activité: E-learning
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 10 000+ employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Lightworks for a student...

Publié le 28/05/2019

Avantages

Now I'm an online student, and I'm not into video editing too much, but recently this past semester I have had to do presentations and group projects in the form of videos. This software has saved the day on many of those video presentation projects.

Lightworks is easy to use from importing videos, cropping them, all the way to the upload to save onto my computer. It's been great! I especially love that I can zoom in super close to the time line of the project I'm working on, and whether it be the video or sound to cut, I can cut it EXACTLY where I want to because I was able to see it well.

Inconvénients

The menu was difficult to find at first when it came to wanting to finish my project and upload it. I wish the menu was easier to find.

Salvatore L.
  • Secteur d'activité: Cabinet d'avocats
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant 6 à 12 mois

Good to learn on

Publié le 15/04/2019

Avantages

I like how this can be a powerful competitor for paid software. For someone learning about editing, this is an excellent / comparable suite vs premiere.

Inconvénients

Perhaps because it is free, this software loses out on the refinement of the adobe competitor, which in turn makes it harder to master. It serves its purpose, but is far from easy.

David C.
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Used it for short videos editing, and clips

Publié le 27/04/2018

Avantages

I like the feeling ot this software and the way you can organize your desk. It's really a game changer ! You can focus only on your work and the way your cut should be without all the fancy buttons or timeline you find in other software. And the export, the first I find a software able to export a nice and neat video without spending hours with retries.

Inconvénients

It can be difficult to adapt to the look and feel of Lightworks at first and the cuting philosophy behind the tool it's the same that "traditionnal" video editing software, be advised !

Kymahn C.
  • Secteur d'activité: Jeux vidéos
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 2-10 employés

My Lightworks Review

Publié le 03/03/2020

Try it now and thank me later!

Avantages

Lightworks!....IS to me a lifesaver and is the first video editing software I used to edit my videos and I could tell you that it does a Nice job!
I like how this app is easy to use-I only took me 5 minutes to know where everything is and what they do with out any help
Costumer service if fire(GOOD!)...I told them about my email problem and they sent me the email(AFTER I TOLD THEM ABOUT THE PROBLEM)3 minutes after!...Which is pretty quick!
Lightworks exports in HD 1080p and Higher Up to 4K!

Inconvénients

It is a little problem when logging-in!..Not much but they took a whole 3 days to send a simple email I needed to log-in!

Alyssa K.
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

• Support client

Lightworks is a very flexible editor with great customization options.

Publié le 17/04/2018

Avantages

Lightworks is a very flexible editor. You can add custom effects, and really take control of different aspects of the video creation process.

Inconvénients

The free version is nice but has several flaws. Random crashing, spotty performance, a steep learning curve...It's a powerful editor but needs to be refined a little bit more.

• Secteur d'activité: Hôpitaux et soins de santé
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus d'un an

experience with lightworks

Publié le 16/12/2018

pretty positive, nothing outstanding or special

Avantages

pretty straightforward, easy to use, relativelt uncomplicated

Inconvénients

there were sometimes snags and complications

• Secteur d'activité: Enseignement supérieur
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 11-50 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

One of the best free options available, but suffers from a lack of options compared to some...

Publié le 31/07/2019

Lightworks was a terrific entry point into Non-Linear Editing solutions for film. I found the workflow and interface intuitive. Ultimately, a lack of options compared to other free software, and especially restrictions on the resolution of a rendered project has led me to look elsewhere for my go-to video editing solution.

Avantages

I love that Lightworks is free, and I found the workflow appealing and fairly intuitive, especially compared to many other free video-editing software solutions.

Inconvénients

I was annoyed by the difficulty in adding text, color-editing and other effects, and was most annoyed by the resolution restriction on file exports.

Jason K.
  • Secteur d'activité: Recherche
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Great video editor for smaller projects

Publié le 10/08/2019

Avantages

Generally easy to use when it came to importing clips and rendering quickly making it a good choice for smaller video editing tasks, especially if you dont have time for a steep learning curve.

Inconvénients

This may be a good thing once you get used to it, but the concept behind organizing clips on the timeline is different to most non-linear editing software which cause some difficulties getting started.

• Secteur d'activité: Biens de consommation

An OPEN SOURCE video editor with some basic features

Publié le 24/08/2020

For someone who edits video on a multitude of different software platforms, lightworks is approachable and lets you get going fast. It doesn't offer as many features or plug ins, but if you need to make a basic edit in a pinch - its a great solution.

Avantages

ITS FREE! Lightworks offers a lot of basic features for a NLE and allows you to do the basics of video editing - combine multiple clips and cut them with audio.

Inconvénients

Lightworks doesn't have as many features as FCPX and Adobe Premiere, even Da Vinci Resolve. However, it does get you up and running faster than something like Da Vinci Resolve.

Shreyas B.
  • Secteur d'activité: Jeux vidéos

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

An amazing software to produce industry standard high quality videos.

Publié le 04/09/2018

in the big picture, it honestly is a great software for people looking to make YouTube videos or vlogs or short movies. It can definitely produce high quality stuff and you honestly don't need to learn a lot to use it. I mainly used it to edit my game play of the games I made in my company.

Avantages

The thing I liked the most about lightworks is the small learning curve. After playing around for a few days I had complete control of the application. I used it to edit youtube videos for my game dev and it didn't fail me. Even the free version is very good and can be used by anyone. For quick and precise editing, this software is probably the only one that comes to mind.

Inconvénients

For people who might've been using Adobe's Premier, it may be a bit confusing at first, the keyboard keys but after a while it slides like a glove. Foe people looking to use the free version, the only downside might be that the max resolution produced is 720p but that's still pretty good too !

Kasey B.
  • Secteur d'activité: Enseignement supérieur

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Liked the product, but there was some issues

Publié le 01/05/2018

Avantages

It was fairly easy to use, I was able to splice videos together and get some pretty nice transitions for the software. Conversion was pretty easy, and I was very happy with the layout and design.

Inconvénients

The biggest issue I experienced was that it didn't work with 4k MTS files. This was after splicing and cutting videos I had into one file. It didn't import the audio. I learned from their forums that this file was too new and not incorporated yet. It kinda put me in a pinch to find something else to spice my videos...

• Secteur d'activité: Génie mécanique ou industriel

Powerful tool indeed

Publié le 24/09/2020

Light work surely a good tool. I am using the free version but still I can do the most of my work there.

Avantages

Editing with Lightworks is really easy especially different windows for preview and the main editing is super helpful.

Inconvénients

Learning it might take some time and VFX editing need to made more user-friendly for wide range of user.

• Secteur d'activité: Production alimentaire
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Support client

Convenient and easy to use.

Publié le 09/07/2018

Avantages

The best thing about this software is the price tag, it's FREE! It's extremely powerful and I would happily pay for a product of this quality.

Inconvénients

There are some functions that aren't consistent with other media editing software. Some of the functions aren't intuitive.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 3.0 /10

A feature-rich clunky mess

Publié le 31/07/2018

Avantages

Lightworks has an amazing assortment of video editing effects, from color correction to chroma key (which is rare with free video editors but slowly becoming more common). Lighworks is also free, though you can upgrade to the pro version and even get a keyboard that makes the process more smooth.

Inconvénients

Lightworks has a user-interface reminiscent of the GIMP format (and even GIMP updated theirs to look better with the latest version). In other words, the nontraditional window-based interface makes a complex program even more complex to the casual user. There's a very steep learning curve.

• Secteur d'activité: Photographie

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Nice tool for short videos editing

Publié le 19/10/2018

Avantages

You can make up a great video using this tool as it has hundreds of various video effects. Also, it's very good organized and functional.

Inconvénients

It can be difficult to adapt to its look if you've been using Adobe's Premier before.

Florencia S.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

It is very useful for creating short video clips!

Publié le 11/05/2018

Avantages

This program has the main features that every video editing program. The function of cutting videos is really simple.

Inconvénients

Sometimes it becomes somewhat unstable. Sometimes it has frozen and I had to finish homework. It is necessary to have professional knowledge.