19 avis

NovaBACKUP Server

Solution de serveurs, de réseaux et de sauvegarde dans le cloud

4,7 /5 (19 avis) Donnez votre avis !

• Fonctionnalités
des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
19 avis
Josh J.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

NovaBackup is a product I depend on everyday to secure my systems and my clients

Publié le 26/02/2021

Avantages

It is rock solid dependable. There are very few failed backups unless there is a hardware issue. It supports Windows Server, Exchange, SQL Server, Active Directory and Hyper V. Bare metal restores from a boot CD. Everything you need to protect your small to mid size business servers.

Inconvénients

Not much. Does everything we require.

Charles C.
  • Secteur d'activité: Produits pharmaceutiques
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 10 000+ employés

Great Simple Backup Software

Publié le 08/03/2021

None

Avantages

I like the fact that it quickly and completely backs our PCs up.

Inconvénients

Sometimes it takes very long to complete the backup job.

Willie D.
  • Secteur d'activité: Vente au détail
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

Neutral

Publié le 11/03/2021

Disaster recovery.

Avantages

The backup of my system is total and complete.

Inconvénients

It takes a long time to do a complete backup, 12 hours for a home desktop.

Utilisateur vérifié
  • Secteur d'activité: Banque

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Easy, affordable and complete backup solution

Publié le 11/02/2021

I have NovaBackup and HyperV in the same physical server, with jobs to backs up to a NAS. Easy, clean, efficient, Novastor is the best solution in the price range for this type of solutions. If I had a lot of physical machines, each of them with a lot of virtual machines it would lack a good centralized management. If the first is your use case (not much physical machines) it is probably the best solution and the best price you'll find.

Avantages

It's easy to use and deploy, in case of disaster it's easy to take backup files to another fresh installation of NovaBackup without having to transfer any configurations. Backup speed normal/good, backup compression normal/good (no deduplication), multiple backup schedule options, good speed to recover from backup (faster than deduplication options from other softwares). GREAT for stand alone solution, good panel for virtual machine backup schedule and management (I have used only HyperV version). Backup files may be easily moved/copied at file level incase of need, no need of "export" or difficult backstage tricks.

Inconvénients

I can't set expiration to individual backups nor retention, ie. in the case of virtual (HyperV) machines backup I can set "keep x backups" but if I want to keep one of them for whatever reason I must copy the files somewhere else before the rule deletes it, would like to have a "retain" button. No deduplication (although that's why it's easy to move the backup files and the restoration is faster). Mostly manual clean up of old backups (insufficient auto rules)

Kem S.
  • Secteur d'activité: Services financiers

Small Business Essentials

Publié le 04/03/2021

We have used NovaBackup for quite a while now. The newer versions are faster and more efficient. We are completely replacing another vendors software with NovaBackup on all our servers.

Avantages

Scheduled Backup SQL databases with the ability to restore backups onto the recovery server.

Inconvénients

setting up backup jobs and the scheduling is a detached managed function. so If I edit a backup job to change something, and an existing schedule exists, i have to go to schedule to check to see that existence. If I am editing a job and i want to edit the schedule, it is a separate edit

Donald B.
  • Secteur d'activité: Comptabilité

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Dependable

Publié le 11/02/2021

We are an accounting firm and perform an differential backup daily. This is important for tax return as well as client write-up work.

Avantages

I like the fact that I can setup the application to notify me concerning the results of the backup routine every day at a time that reminds me to review the backup results

Inconvénients

It takes more than twelve hours to complete an image backup. I have about 1.1 TB of data.

Steve G.
  • Secteur d'activité: Design

Peace of mind

Publié le 04/03/2021

I originally purchased NovaBackup for my wife's computer. I was using the basic backup software which cam with my external drive (Toshiba). Then my machine was compromised, and I purchased a second license for my computer. This was just before NovaStore offered a special deal for multiple machines, and although I called immediately to request that my second account be integrated with the first account, under the special pricing of the current deal. However, this was declined, and I was disappointed; your customer service could have done me a solid there.

Avantages

NovaBACKUP downloaded quickly and installation was simple, with no tweaking required; I set up a backup schedule 1-2-3. And everything ran without a hitch. I've looked at the backup logs, but thankfully, have never needed to use the backups to restore anything...! Just knowing the information is there brings me peace of mind.

Inconvénients

The menus choices during setup could be more obvious regarding image backup.

Patrick M.
  • Secteur d'activité: Think tanks

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

NovaBackup - Keeps my home computers safely backed up

Publié le 05/03/2021

During my IT career at a large insurance company, I knew the critical need to backup data. In my home, I have 3 computers, with many valuable family genealogy photos, and data. So, as an IT retiree, I make certain my home projects are safely backed up.

Just last month, my data server computer had a hardware disk crash at home. NovaBackup helped me restore all of my data.

Avantages

NovaBackup is a robust backup tool, which is supported by a dependable company. I've been a satisfied customer of this NovaStor company for 18 years. On the few times when I needed help, their teams were prompt at responding directly to my questions.

Inconvénients

One time, while tuning up my home backups, I added a "differential" layer of backups. I learned quickly NOT to mix Differential and Incremental methods for my scheduled backup of a same set of files.

George B.
  • Secteur d'activité: Immobilier

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

Decent file based backup

Publié le 04/04/2019

Overall a solid product with better than average support. This product would rate much higher by me if the backup was image based and not file based.

Avantages

its reliable, does not require significant attention, communicates on success or failure.

Inconvénients

its a file based backup, not image based. Therefore it is slow to process backups and restoring a single file can be painfully slow.

Herman D.
  • Secteur d'activité: Pétrole et énergies

Great backup software

Avantages

I use this to make daily backups to disk and a NVR. It does so flawlessly. I can also do a static image of the server and that makes restoring a server much easier.

Inconvénients

Until recently the static imaging was not available.

Bob T.

Fast and Easy

Publié le 05/03/2021

This backup system has save my bacon several times especially when I have crashed a drive.

Avantages

The speed at which it recovers files is fast.

Inconvénients

I have missed some backs due to lack of space on the backup drive. You really have to stay on top of the destination drive.

Andrea S.
  • Secteur d'activité: Hôtellerie
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Back Up Storage

Publié le 21/10/2020

NovaBackUp is a pretty good system that allows you to save and store as much information as you need, for as long as you need.

Avantages

I loved how Nova offered you an unlimited supply of backup storage and it allowed you to find documents oh so easily.

Inconvénients

I did not like the price of this software. When I first purchased it I was using a discount code from my job, but then I found out that their were other companies that offered me the same services, with more perks, at a lower price.

Jan W.
  • Secteur d'activité: Design

Great backup program

Publié le 11/03/2021

I feel confident that we will not lose our data

Avantages

Very user friendly and it works! When setting up new computer systems very easy to restore my backup to the new system

have only 1 place to enter where you want the backup to copy and name it

Gary W.
  • Secteur d'activité: Aviation et industrie aéronautique
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

Novabackup Datacenter

Publié le 04/03/2021

For the 4 months that I have been using the software, I have had some problems but when support explained to me what I did wrong it has run smoothly.

Avantages

Installing the software with NovaStor techs went smoothly for the free trial period. The software has been easy to use. it was making backups almost immediately after the install. i moved from Yosemite server backup, which was obsoleted, to NovaStor Datacenter. I haven't been disappointed with this software.

Inconvénients

The knowledge book examples could go into more detail

Orestes S.
  • Secteur d'activité: Automobile
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Excellent storage and backup

Publié le 29/10/2020

When you need to store files and you want to make sure that they stay safe and protected, then this is the software for you!

Avantages

The most important feature with this software, is the ability to store and save as many files as I need to and I am able to store them for an extended period of time. From my business receipts to my kids pictures. This software comes in handy for so much.

Inconvénients

There is not anything that I have found at this point that I do not like about this software. I do not use it as much as my wife, but I have yet to hear her complain either.

Scott H.

Best backup server software

Publié le 12/02/2021

Setup was easy and support was great.

Avantages

User interface is very easy and product is reliable.

Inconvénients

None, we switched from Symantec backup exec and have been very happy.

David D.
  • Secteur d'activité: Restaurants
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Novabackup is easy to use once setup. It is on autopilot!

Publié le 13/03/2018

It backups my data for safekeeping.

Avantages

I like the simplicity of the backup interface and once set up, it is on autopilot. It backups my data every night like clockwork. It provides me with reports when errors occur.

Inconvénients

Once the file is saved, you cannot open it in a directory to see what you have saved. My previous backup software allowed me to review my backup files.

Linda R.

Note globale

Highly capable with many extra features

Publié le 08/12/2011

NovaBACKUP is a backup program that we have been using for 8 months now. Users can choose either a backup wizard or manual configuration of setting which I consider very user friendly. For beginners the usage of the Wizard and the definition of the backup sets might be a little bit confusing. But this is something you need to figure out one time and then the usage of the software is easy to manage. There are four different types of backups: Full, Incremental, Differential and "Snap Shot". I think that offering these different types is a very useful feature. One of the advantages that this software offers is the great array of features and options.

Very reliable program
Online website support

Inconvénients

Some of the settings are confusing for beginners

Larry W.
  • Secteur d'activité: Cabinets médicaux
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 2-10 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 4.0 /10

Support

Avantages

Excellent and rapid response to questions. When email is not enough the support team is willing to access your computer to help resolve your problems.

Inconvénients

The use of the software seems simple enough if you don't do it just right it is a problem