48 avis

Shotcut

Open-source video editing tool for creative professionals

4,5 /5 (48 avis) Donnez votre avis !
Note globale
Heather B.
Secteur d'activité: Musique
Taille de l'entreprise: 201-500 employés
Traduire en français

Best Free Video Editor for the Beginner!

Publié le 01/05/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Wonderful! At times a bit frustrating with the lag and sometimes overwhelming with the amount of options, especially when you have no idea what you're doing. BUT! There are a ton of free videos and tutorials both on Shotcut's website, as well as YouTube tutorials from users, and they're fantastic. You can use them as a tutorial to learn the software and the feature you want to use, and keep them bookmarked for references. But I admit, the 4K export option (while it can take a LONG time, depending on the length of your video) makes it incredibly worthwhile, especially if your exporting in a format to upload to YouTube. Definitely recommend for the beginning video editor!

Avantages

1) This software is free to use with no watermarks or weird annoying ads. 2) It's fantastic for the beginning video editor. 3) Works perfectly on a PC where as I think most of the better video editors have been designed for Macs (personal opinion) 4) Allows you export in a large number of different formats, including YouTube in 4K resolution 5) So many options and features, it's almost overwhelming! 6) Fantastic interface!

Inconvénients

If you're running other programs or working on a very big project, this can eat up your computer memory, causing lagging and freezing. Highly recommended to close all other programs before opening up Shotcut and using a computer or laptop with a fast processor. You can make due without it, but once you add any transitions or layers, it'll start freezing. The preview feature so you can see what you've already done can also be a bit slow and glitchy... Imagine skipping one frame out of every three frames. However, it does NOT export this way. I have no experience with other video editors, so I'm not sure if that's a common theme among them.

Gerald Q.
Secteur d'activité: Divertissement

Fantastic Free Open Source Video Editor

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 22/09/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

So far I've had no problems with Shotcut. Since the amount of scene transitions is limited I find myself concentrating more on the quality of the scenes themselves instead of the transitions, which is a good thing. This program is perfect for those on a budget or for a beginner. If you can master Shotcut, you'll be in perfect shape to advance to a more expensive program later on. This will definitely teach you the basics for free before you decide to lay out your cash. All in all I'm very pleased with Shotcut, I highly recommend it.

Avantages

You can't beat the price (Free!). This program gets the job done. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles as expensive programs but it does plenty enough to do most basic projects. I've done numerous music videos and little comedy skits that I've uploaded to YouTube and they come out great. They look totally professional and the feedback I've gotten has been very positive. My action camera records in .mov format which is hard to edit with. I convert my raw files to .mp4 which makes editing much easier and I'm unable to discern any loss of video quality. All in all, Shotcut has been a great choice for me.

Inconvénients

Some of the functions aren't intuitive. It takes a little while to figure out how everything works. Also it's slow while it publishes your final work but if you're patient it's well worth the wait to save money. It lacks a variety of scene transitions that more expensive programs have but it does have the basics.

Craige hardel -.
Secteur d'activité: Marketing et publicité
Traduire en français

Awsome and well put togeether

Publié le 18/10/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I used it for a couple of course videos and it handled well especially on linux. Surprised at what we were able to get and actually completely most of our workload on time

Avantages

It's functional and does most of what you'd want from an editor. Cross platform as well

Inconvénients

lack greenscreen functionality. Struggled with slightly more advanced edits

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 7.0/10

Gean C.
Secteur d'activité: Services environnementaux

Basic shotcut experience

Publié le 09/09/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

My experience, even with a few months of use, was positive in some aspects, in others not so much. the software did not meet my needs in terms of effects, but in relation to simple editing, it is a basic and efficient editor.

Avantages

First of all, what I liked most was the functionality to be able to edit videos for free, the software has many functions, and you can edit the videos in a good quality without being relatively simple.

Inconvénients

the interface is not so self-explanatory, there should be information next to each function, although the software is simple, it should have more text sources, more possibilities of effects, the effects are very old even in the most current version of the software. in relation to my business, the software failed to serve me in some aspects.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 6.0/10

Sashana B.
Secteur d'activité: Cosmétiques

Great Video Editor!

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant 1 à 5 mois
Publié le 26/11/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Shotcut is a great video editor for anyone, especially persons who don't want to spend an arm and a leg on an editor. I would definitely recommend it.

Avantages

This is a great video editor and it's free! I am a freelance makeup artist and I occasionally do tutorials on Instagram to promote my business. A friend of mine recommended I use Shotcut to edit my videos and I have not regretted taking her advice. Shotcut is a great video editor. It has all the basics for a video editor (cut, delete, overlay, text, zoom, etc.) and more. It has great features, a unique interface and definitely gets the job done to my satisfaction. I have not found myself spending any extra time editing than would normally be expected and only had a few hiccups. So, I would say it's pretty efficient.

Inconvénients

Shotcut isn't the most user friendly video editor out there. While there are labels, I still found myself having to search thoroughly for the things I wanted to find and, at some points, I have had to consult Youtube videos for assistance. Also, the interface is really simple; simple to the point of looking bland, but this software definitely gets the job done. I would really love if there was a workable green screen option on Shotcut. This is a feature that I look for in video editors and while editing, I really missed it.

Roshen D.
Secteur d'activité: Jeux vidéos

Shotcut: The Free Editor You Have Been Missing Out On

Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 11/02/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall, I think Shotcut is a great free video editor that anyone can use after a little bit of practice and through some of my testing I found out that it can even process some raw 8K footage from a camera we rented.

Avantages

What I liked most about the software was that it had the features of a professional video editor such as Adobe Premiere Pro. It could also process 4K HDR 10 video at 120FPS which other video editors struggled to render these types of video formats. My favorite part about it is that it doesn't have an ANNOYING WATERMARK. Basically some of the other editors I tried showed a giant watermark across the screen that said the company name or it said Free Version but Shotcut has no watermark.

Inconvénients

Originally when my team picked this software for free I thought it was going to be easy to use but I thought wrong. But after a few days of learning I was using Shotcut in no time. I just think people should know that because it isn't easy to learn at the start doesn't mean you can't learn it.

Michael A.
Secteur d'activité: Institutions religieuses
Traduire en français

Great video editing but a steep learning curve

Publié le 25/06/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We have been used to doing "once and done" v instructional videos for a while now and that has worked well. When we decided we wanted to add more (graphics, multiple cameras, etc.) we began looking for a good yet inexpensive video editing software. Shotcut kept coming in near the top. It is not as user friendly as some yet it has enough features to do exactly what we need! I have had to do quite a bit of research on how to make Shotcut do what we need it to because the tutorials in the software are not user friendly. Overall it has been the best basic yet feature rich video editing software we have come across!

Avantages

Shotcut is a great basic video editing software. For a basic user it is useful yet powerful. Using the basic setup I have been able to do all of the video editing of YouTube instructional videos without a hitch. It does not have an overabundance of features which is the best feature! It is not trying to do more than advertised.

Inconvénients

There is a steep learning curve as tutorials are not as helpful as they could be. I found myself searching YouTube for tutorials and How-To videos every time I wanted to do something new.

Syed R.
Secteur d'activité: Marketing et publicité
Taille de l'entreprise: 51-200 employés
Traduire en français

Shotcut-'is a dynamic tool with lots of features to create professional videos'

Publié le 21/09/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

My overall experience with Shotcut is very good. You can be a dynamic creator with Shotcut. I would say I like to use this tool.

Avantages

I am using Shotcut to edit videos and I absolutely enjoy it when I work with it. Video editing became very interesting because shotcut because the stock is full of lots of features. I like the fact that Shocut is an easy application to create stunning videos for various purposes. This tool allows the beginners to create the amazing design free and the resolution is very good. As much as you use it you can discover more about the tool.

Inconvénients

I think to create a perfect video you need to go through the tutorials which is time-consuming. I also observed too much functionality sometimes confusing for beginners.

Kymahn C.
Secteur d'activité: Jeux vidéos

My Shotcut Review

Publié le 03/03/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

You should definitely use shotcut and thank me later!

Avantages

Shotcut is like a free version to Filmora!
Shotcut is an AMAZING VIDEO EDITING SOFTWARE!..But it is mostly for Youtube, Facebook and home video projects which is still Fire(Good)
User interface is simple and it is very easy to navigate around!
Features are fire(GOOD!)..I love the hardware support feature!
Shotcut exports videos in HD and higher quality which is awsome!

Inconvénients

Shotcut is a bit laggy app and I think it needs performance improvements patches...But it does not occur all the time it is only like 1 out of 5 percent of the time!
And u still get amazing quality!

Dylan G.
Secteur d'activité: Art/artisanat
Traduire en français

A good solution for free video editing.

Publié le 17/04/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I don't edit video often but when I tried this software it did exactly what I needed it to and worked as I expected it to function without having to learn a lot of new stuff. I'm sure it could tackle even more robust projects than the simple clips I was using it for. I highly recommend it.

Avantages

As free software, this is very functional and easy to use. It has features that make converting and editing video fairly simple. It was much easier to use than other free video editing software I've tried, and has more features too.

Inconvénients

Outputing the video to a usable file can be complicated if you don't know what you are doing. Expect to try it a few times before you get what you want.

Olivia B.
Secteur d'activité: Études de marché

free video editing

Publié le 05/09/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Simple to use, free video editing software which gives you great quality outputs, but may take a while to fully understand and learn the features available.

Avantages

Shotcut has some great features and is quite simple to use, best of all you get all of this for free. I use it to create video montages from recordings of respondent interviews. It allows me to cut long videos, and group together multiple clips. It also has the option to add in many fade out / fade in options and effects. the options to export from he playlist or the timeline are very useful and the video outputs are high quality

Inconvénients

I had to search online for a while to work out how to export individual clips rather than the whole timeline, it would have been preferable if this was clearer as when i first started using this software I wasted a lot of time. the software can also freeze occasionally, but this is somewhat to be expected with the sizes of the files used.

Gregg B.
Secteur d'activité: Institutions religieuses
Traduire en français

Very good open source video editor

Publié le 01/03/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I was looking for a lightweight cross-platform video editing system for my laptop that could export easily to my more robust desktop editing platform and for basic edits and output for preview, and Shotcut will work well for this. I'm still undecided if it'll be a long term solution, but it is a surprisingly well thought out open source program that will fit many video editors' needs.

Avantages

I'd like to start by saying Shotcut is a very good, multi-platform video editing solution. Even video editors with little to no experience will find the layout and usability of Shotcut to be appealing and usable. Import and organization of video files is straightforward and an array of basic editing tools will enable many users to complete high-quality video projects with little investment. Color grading and clip correction tools are surprisingly good for a free program. Another big plus is that it is lightweight, meaning it delivers a lot of power for a small program size and doesn't slow down real-time rendering trying to do too many other things.

Inconvénients

Again, Shotcut is a very good video editing solution - up to a point. Once your project gets more complex, the clip organization, preview speed and ability to integrate pre-set transitions and titles falls a little short. It'll get the job done, but other tools offer a more robust option.

Kenneth B.
Secteur d'activité: Design graphique
Taille de l'entreprise: 10 000+ employés
Traduire en français

A great software to achieve quality video editing.

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 04/06/2019

Avantages

The software is free and open source meaning there's a community always improving this software.The interface is professional looking and provides high quality videos upon exporting.it has a lot of features such as chroma key that make green screen editing accesible and more convenient.it simple and has a sleek design and is a very easy to use software.

Inconvénients

I have never experienced any issues using this software whatsoever it runs smoothly on my pc and laptop and have never experience any inconvenience when using this software

Tabish P.
Secteur d'activité: Fabrication électrique/électronique

The Best Free Video Editor that beats Primer pro

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 21/02/2020

Avantages

-The Free and easy to use Ui helps a lot if you are student. Or any one which is just entering the digital video editing career.

- the ablitiy to edit 8k footage is still not available

Michael T.
Secteur d'activité: Télécommunications
Taille de l'entreprise: 10 000+ employés
Traduire en français

In the right hands Shotcut is as good as any video editing software

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 09/04/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I use Shotcut every week, and sometimes multiple times a week to edit my drone footage. I does as well as Adobe Premiere for zero cost.

Avantages

Shotcut is free, and that is an excellent feature, but what I like best about it is that being open source, it has people working on it that actually care about the project and want it to be an excellent video editor.....which it is! I use it to edit my drone footage every week.

Inconvénients

Some of the earlier versions of Shotcut were buggy, but I have not had this issue in a very long while.

Tyler T.
Secteur d'activité: Divertissement
Traduire en français

Best open source video editor

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 15/04/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Able to edit videos quickly. Able to create videos from images. Able to screen record gaming videos.

Avantages

It's free! Shotcut being free doesn't mean that it is low quality though. There is a huge community that supports it, and continually work to make it better and add more features. The most useful feature to me is the the drag and drop, I can literally make a video in just a couple minutes if I need to upload something quickly but it has tons of powerful features that I can use if I need to make a higher quality video.

Inconvénients

Nothing really to complain about now. Some of the older versions had issues with dragging to the timeline, but this was fixed a few updates ago.

John H.
Secteur d'activité: E-learning
Taille de l'entreprise: 51-200 employés

A perfect evolution from Movie Maker

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 16/08/2018

Avantages

As Windows Movie Maker has now discontinued, Shotcut provides a great alternative for video editing without a cost.

The interface is intuitive and the functions are easy to get used to quickly.

Inconvénients

This does provide a basic video editing service and so if you are wanting to have more effects/functionality then you will be best going for Adobe Premiere Pro. But for a free solution, it works great.

Brian L.
Secteur d'activité: Médias en ligne

My Shotcut Review

Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 26/06/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

My experience with this program has been great. I have tried other free programs and this one i s a whole lot easier to use and it has mostly all of the same options

Avantages

It is a very simple program to use. There are plenty of options to choose from and it has the same options that most bigger programs have. It is free to use

Inconvénients

The only con i have with this program is the font selection

Christopher A.
Secteur d'activité: Produits laitiers
Traduire en français

Fast and professional, ShotCut makes me look good

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant Essai gratuit
Publié le 17/04/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I had to quickly learn to work with video for story time and craft programs our community center was going to begin posting on their Facebook page. With ShotCut I was spinning out video in just a couple of days practice and my editing became more advance each time I used it. By the looks of what it has to offer it will be a long time before I master ShotCut but I was quickly making quality programs with attractive special effects.

Avantages

I appreciate the ease of operation, particularity for first time users. I began using ShotCut almost daily for two week and Every time I use the program I learn something new and it seems the abilities of ShotCut would satisfy even the seasoned professional editor.

Inconvénients

This is the first video editor I have used, so I have nothing to compare it to. Fortunately, I chose ShotCut because of the free version without any strings attached and was lucky to have picked a program that is simple and vast with what it offers.

Michael j N.
Secteur d'activité: Services et technologies de l'information
Traduire en français

Supports me video editing needs

Publié le 20/12/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I can edit recorded video or make my own video presentations with custom audio soundtrack. The software has been improving consistently when new versions are released.

Avantages

The Timeline has been getting easier and more functional with drag and drop ease and the next version is supposed to support moving multiple clips at the same time. FFMPEG provides compatibility with almost every video format. Supports 4K video!

Inconvénients

Crashes occasionally when moving audio or playing with the timeline. This has improved with recent versions and there are tricks you can do to improve stability.

Zackery M.
Secteur d'activité: Automobile
Taille de l'entreprise: 201-500 employés
Traduire en français

Made video editing a breeze

Publié le 18/02/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We were able to speed up the process of trouble shooting and making training videos for my employees. I am able to record a problem and edit the video to demonstrate how to effectively troubleshoot a problem.

Avantages

The ease of use is what i like most about his software. What used to take me hours i can now do in a fraction of the time. The ease of importing videos directly to the timeline has really helped out.

Inconvénients

Instructions are not the most clear as far as changing properties, and added different effects to a project

Abel R.
Secteur d'activité: Gestion de l'enseignement
Traduire en français

The best free video editing software there IS

Publié le 31/07/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

The best video editing and FREE software there is which fills all my needs. It is the perfect official tool for making a video with a professional touch.

Avantages

Shortcut is just the perfect video editing software anyone who is looking to make a video wants. It contain all the necessary tools from video editing, text editing, sound editing with a ton extra features which will take A LONG TIME for learning completely!!!!! The overlay tool is just great and is the perfect animation there is.

Inconvénients

The great features outweighs the simple errors of the problem. The feel that it is very good software. But they can add more features and highlight the text overlay feature, add an inbuilt tutorial as it is a little difficult to get used to. When using the overlay function within the app, it sometimes gets stuck but there will be no problem in the final video.

Krishnan R.
Secteur d'activité: Télécommunications
Taille de l'entreprise: 1 001-5 000 employés

Shotcut - Cuts off your time to create a video

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 31/10/2019

short learning curve
and the experience was good when I had to create a video with subtitles embedded in the video.

Avantages

- Videomaker provides various transitions and effects to include in your video
- A plethora of export options to explore
- It is free for most of the features
- Can import images, audio, video and arrange in sequence with various effects and transitions to make your video a professional.

Inconvénients

- The popup button hep timing is very low. The help popup disappears before we could read and comprehend.
- A voice base commands interpreter like a directors voice could be helpful for accessibility

Parakrama D.
Traduire en français

Fantastic software that provides access to features only available in expensive software

Publié le 05/06/2018

Avantages

I love being able to access a quality video editing software with features that would normally only be accessible through the purchase of an expensive video editing package. I can edit high quality 4k videos using this open source software for free!

Inconvénients

The software is a bit difficult to get used to and while there are loads of features it can take time to learn how to use them.

Brian W.
Secteur d'activité: Vente au détail

A very good alternative

Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 10/04/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

So let's tell a story. I was asked to make a small video and I hadn't done any real video editing outside of fooling around a few times with Adobe's counterpart. I have used Microsoft's and helped people use Sony's Vegas Pro (or whatever it is called). I figured the timeline would be similar to that and everything would just work that way. I downloaded ShotCut and ambled my way through making the video I needed. I was kind of saddened at my choices of free video editors and wasn't too happy with ShotCut at the time. I downloaded some more of the free choices (some of which have large names). After using ShotCut, I couldn't wrap my head around using those programs and how they work. I went back to ShotCut and got it done in minimal time because it made sense to me. Now I am very proud of ShotCut because it makes sense to me.

Avantages

It works and has a lot of capabilities. I'll explain more in my overall experience to show my joy with the software.

Inconvénients

The learning curve is different from other video editing software. That being said, you can't beat it.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 7.0/10