Craftybase

Production et gestion des stocks pour les petits fabricants

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

176 avis

Sean
Sean

Using Craftybase to Improve Manufacturing and Track Costs

Publié le 26/08/2019

Currently able to describe our costs in terms of US Dollars per gram, and able to average our inventory into a proper Schedule C tax form. Their price guidance feature also enables us to make our business more sustainable.

Avantages

- Tools for tracking individual manufacture events.
- Tracking material lots, traceability reports.
- Expense and material tracking.
- Cycle Inventory Interfaces
- Category feature allows tracking manufacture failure reasons
- GMP encouragement and functionality

Inconvénients

Interface is a bit slow in terms of UI.
Some reports could be improved.
Small new features are sometimes slow to be developed, despite requesting nearly two years ago.

Sarah
  • Secteur d'activité : Médecine douce
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

A great resource!

Avantages

It keeps me organized and I love that I can refer to my recipes easily. My favorite part is the automatic cost analysis and recommendations for pricing new products.

Inconvénients

Probably the price. It does get a little pricey, so I’ve had to say no to some of the features I really wish I could utilize, like the batch # feature.

Microsoft Excel

Pourquoi passer à Craftybase

Probably the promise of organization... and really it is very easy to use and store data. I just wish I could be more consistent with it. It took me forever to begin because I worried I’d set it up wrong and have to do everything all over again.
Anne
  • Secteur d'activité : Bijoux et produits de luxe
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 1.0 /10

Great product but terrrible customer support

Publié le 27/06/2023

None, I was hoping to use it as an essential took to keeping out business in check. I don't know how but if you look at programs like Shopify - they offer such great support and for the same price. I believe you could offer better support if you could grow your business but how fast is the business growing if you have people like me just giving up.

Avantages

I loved the fact that it had all the categories I needed to keep up with production and material use.

Inconvénients

What I didn't like is the 24 to 48 hours to get a response and the fact that the data base goes down. I have a small team. Having to wait 24 to 48 hours to sort something out isn't feasible. We kept just going manual and I finally decided the time required to keep it up to date just wasn't worth it if we kept having stumbling blocks.

Cassandra
  • Secteur d'activité : Vente au détail

The answer for creatives

Publié le 26/08/2019

My overall experience with crafty bass has been excellent it’s really helping me get a handle on how I run my business overall I couldn’t imagine moving forward to growing without it.

Avantages

I love how crafty base to make everything so much easier with managing my supplies and my cost of good sold automatically based on the supplies I enter. It integrates with Etsy it makes it seamless and super easy to manage my business .

Inconvénients

I have yet to find a reason to be disappointed

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Pourquoi passer à Craftybase

Is for the creative entrepreneur QuickBooks is less about creativity which makes it hard when you’re dealing with custom made products. Ways to manipulate your inventory and your products on crafty base which is absolutely necessary for the business I run .
Lindsey-Star

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Great overall database and expenses

Publié le 27/08/2019

Keeping track of COGs and expenses.

Keeping track of COGs and expenses.

Avantages

For a handmade business, it is great to keep track of materials, recipes, components.

Inconvénients

The storefront integration isn’t quite what I would prefer. If it was a true all in one solution that would be really helpful.
It was well worth it at the promotional price but iffy at regular price.

Amanda
  • Secteur d'activité : Vente au détail
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans

Perfect for Batches!

Publié le 26/08/2019

Has been great. I don’t really call to complain so I guess we’re all good.

Has been great. I don’t really call to complain so I guess we’re all good.

Avantages

This is a great way to keep track of all my inventory, batches and packaging. I love how I can make a full product and craftybase will actually account for everything right down to the time used, cap and stickers. It really keeps my business profitable and professional.
Good customer service! intergrades with so many options. Very cost effective.

Inconvénients

It’s needs a Canadian tax/paperwork section.

Would love for it to automatically recognize an invoice and copy it in.

menu set up

Microsoft Excel

Pourquoi passer à Craftybase

Because it does batches and I need that style of pricing and it’s one of only a couple that work with Mac.
Michelle

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Perfect for artists, crafters and makers of any size

Publié le 26/08/2019

I’ve always felt intimidated by the inventory process, but after some quick tutorials to familiarize myself with the basics, Craftybase made it very easy to apply the principles to my business. I love being completely on top of my business, and understanding exactly how it’s doing. Having a digital solution that’s perfectly designed and priced for a small business like mine is greatly appreciated.

Avantages

I found the software very fun and easy to use. It’s flexible for different industries, and scales nicely for maker businesses of just about any size. Although the software is designed with US tax preparation in mind, it can be adapted fairly easily for Canadian users as well.

Inconvénients

I wish it was adapted officially for Canadian use in the future. I’d also love to have integration with QuickBooks Online. But these are minor quibbles.

Quickbooks Online

Pourquoi passer à Craftybase

The functionality and price of Craftybase was far more suitable to my needs.
Marie

Amazing Software!

Publié le 30/08/2019

I was really looking for a solution to track raw materials and products so I can get a better (paperless!) way to track products so I can project my manufacturing schedule, and get a better idea of what products take a while to sell vs. what products sell quickly. A BIG thing I was looking for was a way to automate product pricing, to make sure that I was incorporating overhead, all materials, and MY TIME into the bottom line price.

Avantages

I LOVE that I can track materials and containers in a way that automatically reduces stock when I manufacture products. No more trying to remember to manually adjust spreadsheets, or try to create my own inventory system.

Inconvénients

Not necessarily a software specific issue, but learning a whole new "language" to understand what Manufactures, Components vs. Materials, etc was a bit of a learning curve.

Quickbooks Online

The fact that it was made FOR makers BY Makers
James
  • Secteur d'activité : Art
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois

Solid Product with a Moderate Learning Curve

Publié le 14/07/2023

Overall it's been good. I would recommend it to any other vendor if asked. There is absolutely some time required upfront to get it going but once that's done the automation saves me an hour hour or two each and every event we do. My time has value and even at minimum wage in my area I don't need but an event or three to have paid for the subscription each month. I've been that vendor making paper notes of sales at events then taking them home to file and process and after setting this up I wouldn't go back.Craftybase also tracking my COGS, inventory, helping with tax forms and tracking my expenses is just icing on the cake. Absolute time savers that free me up for other tasks to help grow my business. Each piece by itself doesn't sound like much of a savings but they add up and they add up faster than I thought they would. For us increasing our sales almost 100% over last year just means we buy more materials and setup a few extra manufactures to deepen our stock levels. The actual paperwork did not increase 100%. For the system auto-importing 200 sales a month is the same as 100 sales a month. The more sales we make the more time Crafybase saves us.

Avantages

Sales integration and inventory are the biggest winners. Put some thought into and setup the SKU's correctly across your channels and a majority of the paperwork is taken care of for you. That's worth hours after each event. If you have relatively static items building a recipe for manufacturing inventory is almost as easy. Once those are seeded correctly it's just a minute to record that you made X number of an item. COGS is updated, stocks are updated and expenses are tracked.

Inconvénients

Learning curve was moderately steep. This wasn't unexpected as my day job is in setting up production systems so I have an idea of the complexity that is needed. Expect to spend a moderate amount of time building and then probably heavily modifying what you setup that you thought was correct. You just don't know what you don't know until you start using it and realizing how it actually goes together as an entire system.Depending on your business type some shortcuts might be needed. We do jewelry sales and a variety of categories needed to be combined for our sanity. If I tracked each and every bead, gem or finding that we used we would have nearly 2,000 unique entries in the materials tab. As an example in our case some additional thought and planning had to be devised to combine all the generic ear hook styles together and build them as a trackable unit in grams. This would be repeated for the several hundred bead styles we use. Glass, gemstone, crystal, wood, 4mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10mm etc. We aren't trying to track the 10's of thousands of beads we inventory so they are categorized by price points and then inventoried and tracked by weight.These aren't quite con's just a reality of having moved into an inventory system after a year of not having a proper one and the width of material options that we had. A business that sold soap might only have a couple dozen oil options, some jars and wicks to track. This would be much easier to directly track specific items.

Morgan
  • Secteur d'activité : Vente en gros

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

Helps track my materials and keeps my products in stock

Publié le 20/06/2023

I am new to Craftybase, so most of my experience is limited to just the setup process, but I hope this helps inventory managing and control be less stressful. I feel like Craftybase has the best set of features for products that don't come pre-assembled. I find the price point to be quite high - especially since I cannot get manufacture at a lower level plan. We will see how much value Craftybase adds and whether it is worth the price point.

Avantages

I really like that Craftybase integrates with multiple sales channels that I use. This, along with auto-manufacturing makes it easy for items to be adjusted as I sell, and I can have an accurate real-time look at all the materials I have on hand.

Inconvénients

I found the process of getting Craftybase up and running very labor intensive - especially having over 200+ SKUs. I wish there was an easier bulk editing feature. It feels really clunky at times and there is a lot of clicking in and out of different pages in order to get each product set up - even after using the upload csv feature.

Vy

Essential Software for Crafting and Inventory Management

Publié le 27/08/2019

Craftybase has been vital for transforming my hobby to a business. I would recommend it for anyone who would like to get a better overview of their inventory and sales (and have already referred several of my friends). It can require a bit of manual input/workaround at times to get it to work the way you want, and I hope they'll keep adding functionalities in the future.

Avantages

Craftybase covers all needs I have as a small business owner / craftsperson. It enables lets you track recipes, manufactures, inventory, sales and costs, which is crucial if you're going to run a craft business of any kind. It has a great selection of reports that you can pull - from expenses (for tax purposes), to material overview, to category sales and many more. It's a decent price for what you're getting and I have not found any other software with the same user friendly interface and functionalities. Support is very responsive and usually gets back to you within 24 hours.

Inconvénients

Some minor annoyances, such as no easy option to add bulk expenses (such as 10x postage fees for 10 different orders), edit imported orders, or handle bundles. It means putting in a bit more manual effort, but I'm hoping these are things that will be added over time. I also wish they would keep backup data for longer - I went maybe half a year without renewing my membership, and had to re-enter all the data again when I decided to renew.

Janna

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

The only usable software for makers

Publié le 26/08/2019

Overall, Craftybase is the best software for my business. There is no other comparable program to track manufacturing of handmade goods in the way this software does. Is it perfect? No. But they are always making improvements based on user suggestions so I think it's only a matter of time until it does everything that I need it to. And the price? Totally reasonable for what it does.

Avantages

This software allows me to track the costs of my materials and labor to accurately price my products. It also keeps track of all my expenses, manufacturing, inventory, tax info and more. It is super detailed and useful.

Inconvénients

It doesn't have an option for tracking sales of services in the same way that it does for physical products. As someone who often does design and printing and other services with my products as well as workshops...there isn't a good way to designate which items are manufactured products and which are just services and don't have a cost of goods sold associated with them.

Stephanie
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Craftybase is a good fit for soap and cosmetic micro biz owners.

Publié le 26/08/2019

Craftybase is geared toward small craft businesses, but you aren't likely to outgrow it overnight. And the customer service is some of the best I've ever experienced, so if you run into issues or limitations, they will work with you towards a fix.

The dashboard gives a snapshot of orders, expenses, stock levels, and profitability. And, a series of tabs lets you navigate to specific sections intuitively to input new activity or access info. It is a cloud-based, so it’s great those who need to access inventory information away from home base, or those who find that alternatives don't work on their favorite device.

While some user may miss accounting and formulating features, the granular sales and inventory tracking alone make Craftybase worth the price.

Avantages

-solid inventory tracking for raw materials, masterbatches, and finished product
-COGS and tracking
-pricing guidance
-recipe archive
-traceability tools for GMP compliance
-order management
-interfaces with several popular e-commerce solutions

-lacks robust accounting features
-subscription software (instead of a one-time software fee)
-requires internet connection to utilize
-lacks formulating features specific to soap and cosmetics makers
-no banking integrations
-product bundle tracking is clunky

Kasia

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Amazing and a must-have for any business!

Publié le 26/08/2019

It's been great to work with Craftybase. Their support is very responsive and provides the quality customer service it's hard to come by. One feature we just discovered was bundles and we are now are able to offer bundled products with an easy and no need for manual entry each week.

Avantages

We used to use spreadsheets to keep track of our inventory and raw materials until I discovered CraftyBase. It was one of the best investments we've made. Software is super easy to use, provides many tools and features to keep track of not only inventory and materials but also orders, different locations where our products are sold. It's all-in-one type of software that any business should have.

Inconvénients

Ability to sync to regular Amazon inventory/order system.

Réponse de Craftybase

Hi Kasia! Thanks for the review - you'll be pleased to hear that our Amazon integration is available for any US marketplace store, not just for Amazon Handmade :)

Bonnie

Ceaftybase for Jewelry Business

Avantages

I like this this is a cloud-based application. It works well for a jewelry business to track inventory, expenses and sales. It integrates with a few of the more popular e-commerce handmade platforms.

Inconvénients

Some of the bugs are frustrating. For example, some of the Etsy fees do not auto associate with sales/products. So when trying to associate these fees, the fields in the Associate dialog do not keep focus. I can click in the field and then start to enter the product or order just to find focus was lost and nothing is being entered. There are lots of associations that need to be made, so it's very frustrating to select the field and then lose focus most every time.

Sarah
  • Secteur d'activité : Organisme social ou civique
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 11–50 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Review of Craftybase

Publié le 27/08/2019

Overrall, I recommend Craftybase. They make it possible to download all the data that has been inputted and see overall projections and uses that accorded. Also, it is helpful to be able to notify us when we are running out of materials and/or it is easy to see where mistakes are, so they can be fixed. The interface is fantastic from a quick glance. Just a few too many steps to input things individually.

Avantages

I LOVE that it allows multiple different parts of the business to be tracked. Expenses, products, materials used, and labor all in one place. I also appreciate the ability to download csv files of the data to easily sort out information.

Inconvénients

There are a lot of buttons to press to complete one task, so it is easy to accidentally click the the wrong button and archive materials and/or change the pricing without meaning.

Darren

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

How can I praise this software and company enough?

Avantages

The best thing about working with Craftybase is the customer support. At first trying to figure the program out was rather daunting but the two owners were so very approachable and helpful in their aid they gave. They are also just two incredibly kind people who have designed great software for those of us who make things.

But maybe the thing I like most is the sheer scope of the program. It just seems to accommodate all of my needs.

Or maybe it its calculation of my COGs. I especially like that.

Get the picture? There's lots to like here.

Inconvénients

There was one aspect of my business I was having trouble setting up in Craftybase. But then when I thought of it I had to concede that the aspect I was trying to accommodate had nothing really to do with any kind of production and therefore Craftybase wasnt even set up to accommodate this.

Christa

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Craftybase saved my sanity and inevitably my business!

Publié le 27/08/2019

I was swimming in receipts, spreadsheets, and access databases before switching to Craftybase.
Now...

Now I feel like my ducks are in a line and I know which direction my business is headed in.

Avantages

I like that I have live time inventory data. I load in new items, can run reports on hand qtys. And see how many orders are pending for what.

Inconvénients

I think it could be designed with a little more click and play.

Anya

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Excellent for small handmade business

Publié le 26/08/2019

Craftybase has been a great system to use for my business that needs to track material usage and costs as I manufacture my products. I have been very happy with it and its ease of use.

Avantages

Ease of calculating COGS. Also, it's integration with Square Register is excellent

Inconvénients

Wish it integrated with Squarespace. Also, the variances automatically created with imports from Square Register are not overly helpful

George

Craftybase works for us

Avantages

It simplifies the process of figuring out how much to charge on a manufactured item, it basically does my taxes for me and it allows me to know what I need to restock (products or materials) with just a click or two.

Inconvénients

It should integrate more. You have all my user data, why can't I automatically Import it into mailchimp? Why can't I create a shopping list and export it to my local online diy shop? I also can't collate my inventory on the other platforms when something sells on another - access is read only. You could do more with what you've built. Its great - it could be amazing.

Amy

Can't live without it!

Publié le 26/08/2019

Lifesaver, timesaver.. Wish I'd had it from the very beginning of my business.

Lifesaver, timesaver.. Wish I'd had it from the very beginning of my business.

Avantages

Craftybase is an easy to access, straightforward platform that keeps tabs on my 100s of items (materials & finished products) in inventory.

Inconvénients

There are some small details that could be improved upon, and Craftybase seems to be very responsive to user input to improve these details.

Mike

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

Good

Publié le 09/07/2023

Good

Good

Avantages

Ease of setup and customer service and inventory control

Inconvénients

Adding inventory to a second store did not show correct quantity and shows -quantiys

Leslie
  • Secteur d'activité : Santé, bien-être et fitness
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Great Time & money saver for a small business.

Publié le 27/08/2019

My overall experience has been great. Their customer service has been on point....always quick to respond, friendly and professional. It's been easy to keep up with my expenses and profits for taxes too.

Avantages

It's pretty easy to use. I love that it keeps my recipes and shows when an ingredient is getting low or even the whole product so I can schedule when to restock. I am also thankful that it shows my costs in making each product along with showing recommended retail & wholesale pricing, as well as what my profits are.

Inconvénients

Some of the features can be confusing. For me, the stocktakes have been too time consuming, so right now it's not my favorite.

Woody
Woody

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Recommend to anyone who sells crafts as a real business

Publié le 20/06/2023

I can tell my unit profitably per product and then keep selling through the channels and products that are most profitable and successful. It is unbelievably cool, I would recommend it to anyone who's in the arts/crafts field.

Avantages

This software can link directly to all my selling channels, and it can track my inventory/materials, AND I can consign things to different locations. So I have a literal full view of my materials across every store I'm in. I love that. It has changed my life.

Inconvénients

It's not visually stunning, but it works great. Definitely feels like a "technically skilled" people program. It was a little intimidating to set up. But so so worth it.

Kristina
  • Secteur d'activité : Santé, bien-être et fitness
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Craftybase makes everything easier!

Publié le 26/08/2019

I love creating, not accounting or bookkeeping. Craftybase makes the least fun parts of my work so much easier!

Avantages

I love how Craftybase helps me to track inventory and allows me to set reorder triggers when I approach minimums for stock on hand. It's easy to track manufactures, identify ingredient batches, set pricing for different customer categories, and price/create new, bespoke products using ingredients in the system.

Inconvénients

Since I leverage less popular outside software, I sometimes have to wait a little longer for integrations that are relevant to me--but there hasn't been anything I've pined for that didn't show up as an option as they continually expand their offerings.