Square Virtual Terminal

Outil de traitement des paiements pour la gestion des transactions virtuelles

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

33 avis

Robert
  • Secteur d'activité : Impression
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 11-50 employés

Publié le 15/07/2021

I can create an invoice for a job, and take payment right there!! Comes in handy on the mobile app!

Avantages

I can run a customers credit card via mobile app or online in a web browser! Just pull up an invoice and slect payment method!! EASY!!

Inconvénients

Nothing... I've been using it for years, and with each new feature they add it does more and more for you!!

Pourquoi passer à Square Virtual Terminal

It was cheaper for transactions, and it allows you to be very mobile!!
  • Secteur d'activité : Vente au détail

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Great product, but needs work

Publié le 13/04/2022

I really like the product, ease of use, and portability, however, the connection issues are really a deterrent. Regarding online payments, I think the product is great for an e-commerce store. However, when you're at an event, whether it's on secured wi-fi or mobile data, the connection is really flakey.

Avantages

The product is very easy to use and the interface is user-friendly. Square makes it very easy to accept payments in multiple formats including the chip-reader, swipe attachment, and the terminal.

Inconvénients

I am constantly having issues with the connection and the card reader not working. I know Square has an option to accept payments when offline, but I don't have confidence in accepting high-dollar payments with this feature. I've been to several events where multiple vendors around me are also facing the same issue.

Pourquoi choisir Square Virtual Terminal

I originally used PaySwipe until I became aware of Square. Square seemed to be more modern and it was becoming more commonly used amongst business owners. I wanted to use a product that had brand recognition, so I made the switch.

Pourquoi passer à Square Virtual Terminal

Square was being more commonly used amongst vendors and I didn't want to make a jump to PayPal. Even though PayPal is a trusted brand, Square felt more modern and since many small business owners were using it, I decided to go with Square as well. I feel that Square represents small business owners better than PayPal.
Jason
  • Secteur d'activité : Vente au détail
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

Square for us is a dare

Publié le 08/08/2020

I have had a neutral experience with square, i had many problems that didn't meet our bussiness needs but they fixed everything and i returned everything and switched to paypal so i cant really complain to much

Avantages

I liked their software easy to use and setup pos system and easy to program inventory and design

Inconvénients

The hidden fees, expensive hardware, and non support for e-commerce solutions for online retail and non square customers. You must buy their expensive hardware and software monthly fees and maintenance fees and high transaction fees vs a standalone like paypal with no fees and all customers welcome

PayPal Zettle

Pourquoi passer à Square Virtual Terminal

I didn't choose square over paypal i choose paypal and switched from square to paypal and paypal here and couldn't be any happier
Isabel
  • Secteur d'activité : Art/artisanat

Easy to use and set up!

Publié le 13/08/2021

My overall experience has been great. I've only needed their customer service help once and they were awesome.

Avantages

It's super convenient. I have clients all over the place and I go to them to create their fantastical portraits. I can take my virtual terminal anywhere and it works!

Inconvénients

I haven't really found anything I don't like about this software. It does just what I need it to do and it works every time.

Jenine
  • Secteur d'activité : Construction

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Great way to take payments instantly

Publié le 16/02/2022

Overall I would say Square Virtual Terminal has been an asset to our business. It guarantees us payments for our services and it can be done anywhere. It also saves the technicians time in the field not to have to collect payment. They can send me over the information, I can create the invoice, then call the customer for their credit card info.

Avantages

What I like most about the Square Virtual Terminal is that you do not need to be right in front of the customer to take their payments. If a job requires an upfront deposit we can charge the customer before the guys leave the shop. This way they can get right to work instead taking time to collect payment.

Inconvénients

What I like least it that is costs more if you do not swipe a card. If you manually enter the card information you pay a bit more per transaction

Pourquoi passer à Square Virtual Terminal

We actually have both but just for customer convenience. I prefer Square over any other payment app.
Scott
  • Secteur d'activité : Santé, bien-être et fitness

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Square is the way to go!

Publié le 03/02/2021

Ive used Square for years with their little mag stripe unit with my phone. Easy to use when Im on the road. Now Im using Square Virtual Terminal as well. It helps me set up recurring payments in addition to on the spot sales

Avantages

I love the versatility of the Square Virtual Terminal. On the spot sales, recurring payments, invoices, and more all at your finger tips.

Inconvénients

The fees are a little high compared to the rest of the industry.

Krystal
  • Secteur d'activité : Produits alimentaires
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 51-200 employés

Very User Friendly

Publié le 05/08/2020

The virtual terminal is very easy to use and easy to customize

Avantages

The ability to use the software anywhere.

Inconvénients

If your internet is not reliable it can be slow.

PayPal Zettle

Pourquoi passer à Square Virtual Terminal

faster set up and verification process was quick.
Jessica
  • Secteur d'activité : Matériaux de construction

I'm SQUARED Straight!!!!

Publié le 30/01/2020

For the quickest, securest, and most user-friendly method of obtaining, submitting, and utilizing a client's most sensitive personal information in the way of financial transactions, Square Virtual Terminal is where you need to head on over to. Be it over the phone, text, email, or messenger bird, Square Virtual Terminal allows you to swiftly input a financial transaction, badaboom, badabang, DONE. With the built-in methods of confirmation that allow you to immediately send the respective transaction receipt to the payer, via text, email, or print. And it's intuitive enough to be adept for the absolute beginner with no experience EVER, click on Virtual Terminal, and the screen then succinctly asks for customer's name, modality of payment, payment information specifics like expiration date and three digit number on back of card, billing info, and then CLICK. It goes through the magical whirlpool of charging the customer in the blink of an eye, followed by the confirmation screen, in which you can print, send to customer, and attach to an invoice. It's a magical world we live in!

Avantages

SCENE: A client calls you, requesting to go ahead and submit payment, giving you their most sensitive financial data over the phone, with you, and your supervisor slides a note over to you with just the user name and password for the company's Square Virtual Terminal account online. It's your first day. Feigning a confidence worthy of Oscar note, you tell the client that absolutely, you can do that for them, just to allow you a second to pull up his information so that you can proceed with the payment...all the while having never actually done this before, or anything like this really, your armpits begin to sweat profusely, your brain begins to emit this high frequency keen of despair, and with growing sympathetic nervous system doom, you finally are signed in and, hold on, it has a button for "Quick Transaction," that riding on the coattails of an uttered prayer, you click, ask the client for each section's info, and before you can blink, or pass out from the cascade of fight or flight hormones, the transaction has successfully went through, receipt has been printed, emailed, and texted to the client, and the whole ordeal is over as you place the phone back in its cradle in utter amazement. It hasn't even been five minutes! Whaaaaat?! This is a magical payment processor, that's what it is, and you are its wizened wizard now. Come at me bro.

Inconvénients

Minus the inherent, basic awkward nature of handling someone's most private and sensitive data, especially of the financial kind, this software is making some serious waves in the transaction department and from my experience, elicits no cons. For any and every kind of business financial deal done, be it for products or services rendered, Square has filled the kind of hole circle or triangle or trapezoid simply couldn't, and in perfect adherence to safety and privacy protocols and protection. Fraudulent activity BUH BYE! The entire time I've used Square, in any capacity, I've not run into a single issue, breach of confidentiality, or any instance where my clients has been any thing other than happy and satisfied.

Olga
  • Secteur d'activité : Édition
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 1 001-5 000 employés

Great product

Publié le 11/10/2019

Pretty happy with it. No major complaints. Does what i need.

Avantages

It's all over the place. I can get help quickly from the Customer Service. Everything i need on a daily basis is here.

Inconvénients

Whatever options I cannot do, I can always get to the full site on my computer and do there. Usually, i dont need anything extra, so it's enough to sue SVT.

Angela
  • Secteur d'activité : Mode et vêtements
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 11-50 employés

Square is awesome

Publié le 08/01/2020

It’s been good since day one I highly recommend

Avantages

It’s very easy to use and get started with.

Inconvénients

A bit pricey but it’s still a good value

Christopher
  • Secteur d'activité : Services et technologies de l'information

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Two locations powered by Square, solid platform.

Publié le 10/06/2021

I've enjoyed using it, it has made writing really fast invoices or reviewing them from other devices a breeze, especially when away from office. I don't need to use it every day as I also use squares other ecosystem POS endpoints but when I do it's fantastic.

Avantages

I enjoy the ease of use / UI they managed to keep it similar across all platforms (iOS, Virtual terminal in a browser / android along with their terminal too). Having the virtual terminal is wonderful when you need to spin up a dynamic POS / additional processing lines. Furthermore it's hardware issue proof since you can just log in on anything that can display a website (more or less). It's also great it ties into the ecosystem they have / reporting and does not feel like a disconnected or different experience when used in tandem with iOS / Square Terminal etc. In short: It feels like a well written app and not just another clunky POS website portal.

Inconvénients

There is not much I dislike about this one aside from the extra fees charged for 'swipeless' or 'card not present' charges but that's a standard not really on Square itself or Square Terminal.

Like I said, it's well done.

Reuven
  • Secteur d'activité : Hôpitaux et soins de santé
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

No comparison

Publié le 14/01/2020

I have tried 3 other credit card processors who promised 'the earth' and delivered poorly. Even though 'on-paper' Square doesn't seem to be the lowest price, at the end it is since everyone else has hidden fees and / or additional cost for the virtual terminal. The virtual terminal is simple and intuitive, it has all the business information in one place and you can choose to get daily emails summarizing the day transactions. Knowing what I know, I'd not waste time with anyone else.

Avantages

Great user interface, easy to use, everything in one place, you can easily access transactions and reports for your business. No hidden fees.

Inconvénients

I would like the transaction fee to be lower

Brian
  • Secteur d'activité : Psychologie

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 1.0 /10

A Standard-Bearer

Publié le 29/09/2020

Overall, it portable, familiar and easy to use both as merchant and customer.

Avantages

Square is widely used and has been around long enough to have worked out the kinks contributing vastly to functionality and use-ability. We use Square often as a merchant app and for regular customers/clients.

Inconvénients

It is easy enough to embed a marketplace into a website and receive payments online. It is customizable but maybe a little less trendy and a little plainer design than I would like.

Dreama
  • Secteur d'activité : Design graphique

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Square has been my Go-To for over 9 years!

Publié le 20/02/2020

Best decision I'd made for my business in the last 15 years

Avantages

I can have access to my funds immediately for an additional fee, I can use it with my phone, they offered stock options when they first did an IPO, and I love the ease of use

Inconvénients

Customer support is good, but you have to go through too much to actually get it - it's a strict online service, but when you need to speak with someone, you have to register, get a ticket #, a bit much just to clear up an issue

Sandra
  • Secteur d'activité : Événementiel

Very happy with Square Virtual Terminal

Publié le 20/07/2021

My overall experience has been very pleasant. It is extremely user friendly and wide known. Consumers are also familiar with it, so it gives my business more legitimacy.

Avantages

This software is extremely easy to use. It is also a product that is commonly used in many businesses. Therefore when I have new staff members on-site at our events, they are familiar with it and I don't have to train them.

Inconvénients

Since I have changed card readers, my experience has improved. Sometimes I have connectivity issues, but I would blame that on internet connection than the product itself. Other than that, I highly recommend and don't have any major concerns or issues.

Heidy
  • Secteur d'activité : Services aux consommateurs
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois

Great POS, a bit expensive

Publié le 15/01/2020

It's okay. They are widely known and accepted. Really like their invoices. Very easy to send, and sends reminders. Don't like their booking or processing fees. It's acutally one of the lowest in the market though (besides glossgenius, if you're a service provider). Like their stock keeping. Don't like their customer service at all

Avantages

I like square. I've been using them for a while. Very easy to use. Love their invoices, how easy it is keeping track of stock - you can have alerts sent to you when you're low on products!

Inconvénients

Their referral program is a bit wonky. It worked for me once then had a lot of problems the other time where basically they were giving me lots of runarounds or just not understanding and saying I was wrong. Their customer service is not the greatest. Don't like their booking either because you can't put categories. If you wax or something your booking menu will be insanely long. If not y. It should be fine. Plus it's free for their booking! People can remove their cards though. And hate they changed their processing. Every company has processing fees though. The worst part of having a business

Chelsea
  • Secteur d'activité : Agriculture

Lifesaver!

Publié le 25/02/2021

Avantages

The ability to have a payment processor that works with us as an industrial hemp/CBD business is the most important aspect of the software for us.

Inconvénients

It was a bit complicated to get set up and established, and unlike a service like Paypal, there is a lag in transferal to our bank account.

Lauren
  • Secteur d'activité : Cabinets médicaux
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Great Option during an uncertain time

Publié le 07/07/2020

The biggest hurdle we faced during the shutdown from COVID 19 was that we had lots of patients who were due to order contacts. This allowed us to limit physical interaction with our patients, while serving them in a timely manner. The detailed invoice was nice to send to patient to show payment and also to upload in our patients chart.

Avantages

We started using this software when our business was partially shutdown due to COVID19. Working from home, it made it easy to correspond with patients who needed to order essential contacts and eyeglasses. I was able to take payment and send a detailed invoice for payment directly to the patient.

Inconvénients

I can't say there was anything I found to be a con to using this software. The virtual terminal function worked very efficiently and the amount charged as credit card service fee was comparable to what we physically use at our office.

Arthur
  • Secteur d'activité : Cabinet d'avocats

Great product!

Publié le 15/01/2020

Great experience. I still wish that the fee that comes with using this product was lower than other vendors; however, this is still a good product for people to begin with.

Avantages

I like the ease of being able to use the virtual terminal, especially since it speeds up the process of collecting payment.

Inconvénients

It can be a little tricky to learn the ins and outs of the product; however, once you learn them, it's smooth sailing.

Tracy
  • Secteur d'activité : Santé, bien-être et fitness

Would Recommend

Publié le 09/10/2020

I have enjoyed square. Easy set up. Keeps track of earnings for tax time.

Avantages

Easy to implement and utilize right away. Good options for clients-easy to read screen and options for what customers sees.

Inconvénients

Fees are a bit high, especially if you dont have the hardware. Reader is occasionally hard to use/swipe.

Eric
  • Secteur d'activité : Conseil en gestion

Great for on the go

Publié le 22/10/2019

Does exactly as advertised and perfect choice for our need

Avantages

Have hosted several events and brought a mini - mobile pro shop. We have used this instead of actual hardware.

Inconvénients

some are leery of using financial information on a virtual portal, so there can be some hesitation there

Thomas
  • Secteur d'activité : Services environnementaux

Awesome product!

Publié le 20/01/2022

Overall my experience with square terminal is a positive one.

Avantages

Implementing this with Squarespace and QuickBooks was super easy.

Inconvénients

I wish there fees weren’t lower and that they accepted checks.

Savannah
  • Secteur d'activité : Mode et vêtements
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois

Publié le 04/05/2020

I like it and recommend it if you need to accept payments

Avantages

It's super easy to use. It lets you save customer information on file if you have recurring transactions. If you don't have your card reader on hand you can still take payment with the virtual terminal

Inconvénients

The transactions fees are a bit higher if you don't have the card present. Meaning if you take payment over the phone you will be charged a higher processing fee for that transaction.

Jessica
  • Secteur d'activité : Automobile

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

A great product

Publié le 20/07/2021

I haven't encountered any major problems as yet, but will keep my eye open for the future.

Avantages

I like that square terminals have lots of features. They are very easy to use and its a simple process to setup.

Inconvénients

i like that the terminal you can buy out right, but the ongoing fees are still cheaper then most big banks but could be cheaper or they should have a cheaper rate for very small business.

Damon
  • Secteur d'activité : Télécommunications

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

Not bad at all

Publié le 04/08/2020

Liked the integration into my current Square store. The challenge came when I needed others to run the register when I had live events. The learning curve was steeper than expected. It also required a bit more computing access (my full laptop, etc.) then I wanted. It was fine, but expect to spend some time educating others to use it.

Avantages

Flows well into my current Square store, especially if you've already established a website/have been doing online sales.

Inconvénients

Not super intuitive for people who aren't involved in the online website. It took some education to help cashiers get the setup. Not pleased with the computer requirements either.