Mode

Cloud-based BI tool for data analysis and visualization

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

87 avis

Nathan
  • Secteur d'activité : Ressources humaines

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Best way to see your data

Publié le 10/12/2019

Mode allows us to get concrete answers about how our customers are using our product. The data visualization is a key player in sales, product, marketing, and customer support in our organization,

Avantages

Very easy to use, set up and organize. Their charting and reporting tools are super powerful, and generate great dashboards and reports.

The ability to schedule report runs and even send them to Slack or email makes it easy for everyone in our organization to be on the same page.

Inconvénients

Really just some minor UI annoyances, but nothing that would prevent me from recommending the software.

Alternatives envisagées

Looker
Jon

Great Analytical insights from Mode

Publié le 17/12/2019

This has allowed us to view any licence mismatches across our own portal and CRM, allowing us to solve any discrepancies before they become issues.

Avantages

This BI software is very easy to use, it has allowed us to gather great insights comparing data from our CRM to our own in house Portal software.

Inconvénients

Occasionally some of the coding can be difficult unless you have a very experienced Data Analyst to work with.

Kristine
  • Secteur d'activité : Études de marché
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 201-500 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant Essai gratuit

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

Great software for report building and democratizing data

Publié le 06/02/2020

Avantages

Ease of use, never fails to execute jobs, performant

Inconvénients

UI could be a little more intuitive and flexible

David
  • Secteur d'activité : Automobile

Mode Reporting Review

Publié le 16/12/2019

Mode allows a easy to use reporting solution that is under source control and allows for all levels of the organization to use it effectively from analyst to a developer. This is very refreshing. In addition Mode makes some beautiful reports that end users love.

Avantages

The killer feature for mode is how it integrates into source control (github). I have used a lot of different reporting products and there is always a big pain point in putting the reports into source control and easily understanding what dependencies each report has to various data sources. Mode makes this so easy, and allows me to quickly change data sources from a code editor across many reports.

Inconvénients

There does not seem to be a lot of options to connect to datasources other than from a database. It would be nice if you could define connections from an API.

Khantil
  • Secteur d'activité : Produits alimentaires
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 2-10 employés

A great Analytics tool for small - medium size teams

Publié le 20/12/2019

Mode allows us to monitor our delivery operations. It helped us to improve on tracking our KPI's closely and overall company performance.

Avantages

The ease of use. Mode is really easy to use, specially you can put it as a self-serve data platform to anyone in your team maybe support, marketing, sales. Everyone can use and get the data.

Inconvénients

The version we had was running queries on our own databases everytime we refresh the dashboard.

Will
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Great product that keeps getting better

Publié le 11/12/2019

I'm a big fan of Mode. We use it for all kinds of business analysis and operational improvements. Plus, we use the dashboards to run daily meetings and have daily emails sent out with key metrics. I've found the support to be great and you can tell that they're working hard to make improvements every quarter.

Avantages

I like the ease of use and the fact that they keep improving the visualizations so it's becoming a one stop shop for analytics.

Inconvénients

It's not Mode's fault, but I need to teach so many other people SQL in order to help them out. Otherwise they just re-run the same old reports.

Roarke
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 11-50 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

Mode Analytics - A Review

Publié le 19/12/2019

I started using mode with no knowledge of SQL or R and was able to learn some of the introductory information through DataCamp and online which has allowed me to get much more value out of Mode. The other platform we use is Metabase which is great for our Customer Care team because it does a lot of (if not all) of the heavy lifting for SQL queries. A few standardized queries or templates for queries might give less knowledgeable people the ability to get more value from Mode.

Avantages

The ability to do queries in both SQL and R programming allow for dynamic data pulls. The ability to schedule reports is also very helpful for the different departments at my company.

Inconvénients

There aren't a lot of holes in what Mode provides. I may not be as informed as I need to be but I often run into issue joining one SQL query to another SQL query.

Brett

Mode Review

Publié le 26/12/2019

While there are some minor frustrations with using Mode, overall I've really enjoyed the product and would definitely recommend!

Avantages

The user interface is intuitive and makes it easy to go from writing queries to creating dashboards.

Inconvénients

1. There are glitches that can be frustrating.
2. There are certain missing features that would be nice additions.

Example glitch:
1. When going from a query to report builder, certain times the created dashboard visuals won't load, which requires a page refresh to make it appear.

Example additional features:
1. Ability to show or minimize all queries (i.e., show/hide the query & associated charts).
2. Ability to set a default color scheme for your account without having admin permissions.

Neil

Mode for all Data Analytics Needs

Publié le 18/12/2019

Avantages

Mode let's my team build dashboards to monitor our key results. It's incredibly easy to use and perfect for our needs.

Inconvénients

Sometimes queries fail or it takes time to refresh a dash. Wish it were faster.

Justin

Great adaptable software

Publié le 16/12/2019

I use more to pull and clean data and to create dashboards. Though sometimes it is hard to get the software to do exactly what I want for the dashboards, with the help of customer service I'm usually able to find creative solutions to get to what I need.

Avantages

Customer service is great. They get back to me with answers very quickly and are thorough in their responses.

Inconvénients

Some of the built-in reporting tools (e.g. pivot table) are quite limited. For example, you can't create functions in the pivot table.

Benson
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus de deux ans

December 2019

Publié le 16/12/2019

Overall experience has been great. Mode allows me to create a minimal viable product and share with colleagues and stakeholders quickly.

Avantages

I like the Python Notebook. It allows me to wrangle data from many data sources and quickly share results with the rest of the company.

Inconvénients

There may be memory limitations when using the notebook with underlying data sets.

Nathan

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Reliable, easy to use software.

Publié le 20/12/2019

Avantages

Mostly reliable, queries run quickly and efficiently over large data sets.
Easy to put together charts quickly
SQL and Python support in one place is great - no need to export .csv files into a jupyter notebook all the time

Inconvénients

charting options can be limited sometimes, and I don't always have the time to put something together in python.

pivot tables are AWFUL, just get rid - it's not even worth offering them

Ifabiyi

Mode Review from someone new to SQL

Publié le 10/03/2020

Avantages

I really love that when I search for a column without knowing the table name - it will spit back the results of tables that may include the column I'm looking for.

Inconvénients

For someone less technical, it isn't the easiest to build dashboards with inputs and make my queries more user-friendly for my teammates.

Zach
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 501-1 000 employés

Mode Review

Avantages

I like the feasibility of getting data as soon as possible without having to spend a ton of time digging around.

Inconvénients

It does take a decent amount of time to initially familiarize yourself with the software however once you do its very easy going forward.

Dillon
  • Secteur d'activité : Immobilier

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

A brilliant product - period.

Brilliant

Avantages

- The SQL tutorial that got me started with Mode.

- The user friendly UI

- Report tooling.

Inconvénients

There used to be some limitations with graphs, but it seems to have gotten better over time.

Rohan

Internship Experience: Smooth and Exciting

Publié le 26/07/2021

Avantages

It was intuitive and, as an intern that wanted to use a technology that was modern and capable of accomplishing great work, allowed me to achieve such goals of high productivity with maximum output. My ability to integrate Python, SQL, and HTML/CSS into a unified yet personalized dashboard that scaled well with the amount of data queried led to a product that accomplished our project goals without much technical problems.

Inconvénients

Many incredible features are hidden behind a paywall, which is of course the purpose of a paid subscription but causes many users that can't/don't pay to miss some of the best aspects of the software.

Eric
  • Secteur d'activité : Immobilier

Everything you need

Publié le 17/12/2019

Having a true, one-stop program for individual and shared taxonomies of every type has really streamlined our metrics and made our work lives easier to manage. We use Mode now for everything that has to do with numbers, mapping and tracking/planning.

Avantages

I can track, plan, review and record data of every type with this software. Every day starts and ends with Mode. It allows an individual view along with shared data. We have historical data, charts, goals, scheduling, etc., all of which has become critical to tracking our metrics.

Inconvénients

It takes some time to learn how to use it and manage the details. The support is there, but it’s not the most user-friendly software for beginners.

Jennie
  • Secteur d'activité : Services financiers
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant Essai gratuit

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Great tool for analyst of all levels

Publié le 18/12/2019

Very positive.

Avantages

I love that [1] I could get started very quickly [2] easy to write sql queries [3] but have the option of adding more complex features to build cool dashboards.

Inconvénients

The advanced features are cool, but it takes a lot of time to figure out how to use them. The Mode service team is really good at providing support, but you still need a lot of background to leverage the help they give you.

Philip
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

Fundamental to our business

Publié le 19/12/2019

Avantages

The reports are easy to read and keeps our org wide data super accessible. There's a lot of variety and options as far as visuals are concerned and the product seems flexible enough to work with most, if not all of our applications.

Inconvénients

I find it sometimes confusing to navigate and find reports. Would benefit from a nested folder structure for improved organization of reports.

Utilisateur vérifié
  • Secteur d'activité : Services sans fil
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois

Great for understanding licensing

Publié le 11/12/2019

I have been in meetings with senior management where I have been able to prove what I have been working on and highlight which KPIs have been achieved.

Avantages

Mode gives me an easy way of understanding licensing on our platform. On top of that, it can provide insights so I can keep on top of my monthly KPI's and make sure I am on target and helps me prove to the company some of the tasks I have been able to complete.

Inconvénients

Once logging into the database, it can be fairly difficult to use. It's has a very dark user interface which is hard to navigate.

Devindra
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois

Great Software for Automated and Self-Serve

Publié le 06/02/2020

Overall, it's been great. Jobs don't fail (cough TOAD cough), reporting and visualizing is so much easier now.

Avantages

Democratization of data - allowing users to self-serve and pull data on their own without having to know how to write queries/scripts/the like.

Inconvénients

The fact that all new reports are created by default in your own personal area as opposed the desired location where you created the report in the first place.

Aaron
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant Essai gratuit

Love the Python Support

Publié le 07/04/2019

Avantages

I love the Python support out-of-the-box, and that you don’t have to pay extra for it (like some other companies).

Inconvénients

It was not easy enough for us to hide implementation details from our users. Everyone was able to view the raw SQL statements and infer our database schema from there.

Elle
  • Secteur d'activité : E-learning
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 201-500 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

A great data visualization tool and an excellent SQL tutorial

Publié le 16/12/2019

Mode is simple and useful. I especially love its tutorials on SQL. It helps a marketer learn the basic skill in a very digestible way.

Avantages

I like how easy it is to view the source code from the dashboard and edit it from there.

Inconvénients

It has limited features on visualization options, such as drag and drop.

Adrian
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus d'un an

Mode is great :)

Publié le 16/12/2019

I love using Mode to find hard data to support theories. It helps me make a case when I want to change or present something we need to work on in our team. I also build software tools for our team, so it is useful to have Mode data to backup cases for new changes / tweaks to our software.

Avantages

I love how easy it is to create charts and diagrams from the data to make it easier to explain to others. I love the power that comes with being able to write your own SQL queries

Inconvénients

The speed. I know it's data intensive but at the same time, it's a slog to develop in when you are waiting 30s each time the query runs

Utilisateur vérifié

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

A must-use for data reporting

Avantages

- Easy to read and interpret
- Customization is amazing
- Honestly, makes my job easier as a salesperson - I can rank my leads accordingly and prepare for my calls easier

Inconvénients

The actual visuals could be enhanced for a better user experience.