ScreenFlow

Screen recording and video editing platform

Rapport qualité-prix
4/5
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application

11 avis

Luciano Z.
  • Secteur d'activité: Services et technologies de l'information

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

The best software to produce video courses on MacOS

Publié le 22/07/2021

My overall experience is more than positive, thanks to the fact that I can make course videos very easily and quickly, without sacrificing impactful editing and effects. I would perhaps prefer to pay a little more on a one-time basis so that I can avoid the paid upgrades.

Avantages

Screenflow in my opinion is the best software to produce video courses for those who use macOS. The simplicity with which you can add special effects, callouts, sounds is disarming.
Adding your own voice track is super easy, as is editing and managing secondary screens, webcams, iOS devices connected to show apps and systems running.

Inconvénients

One of the things I dislike very little is the fact that upgrades are paid for. Also, in some situations it is unclear how to manage projects, especially when saving as a single file or "package".

Utilisateur vérifié
  • Secteur d'activité: Services et technologies de l'information
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 2-10 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

More robust editing than free screenshare tools...

Publié le 14/09/2020

I have a small YouTube channel where I share technical how-tos. I also share walkthroughs and instructions with employees and contractors. This works much better for the more elaborate, and sensitive videos as I can edit out passwords, names etc which free tools like Loom don't allow you to do yet.

Avantages

I work in IT and am constantly sending instructions to contractors, or clients. Some of the free options are great, but lack in the editing functions that Screenflow just knocks out of the park. You can overlay music so walkthroughs are less dry and awkward, and add click effects or Zooms to specific parts of the video. You can also use blur tools to block out API keys, passwords, or any other sensitive information that may have otherwise made its way into your tutorial/walkthrough.

Inconvénients

Not a huge userbase, but support is still relatively easy to find online when there's something new I'm trying to accomplish. The app's interface is almost too simple, but after a short time, you get used to where things are. Overall, still very happy with this software.

Alternatives envisagées

Loom

Pourquoi passer à ScreenFlow

Much more robust feature set. I could see Loom being a 1:1 comparison for sales/marketing videos, but for walkthroughs and technical documentation where you need more robust editing tools to protect sensitive info or add effects, Screenflow is the winner and warrants the price that they ask.
Yann I.
  • Secteur d'activité: Médias en ligne

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

A solid video editing option for Mac users

Publié le 15/05/2021

Avantages

Of the different things ScreenFlow brings to the table, my favorite one is its user interface. Some video editing software I used in the past did have a relatively "busy" workspace, full with different features, effects, etc.

All of this, made the experience with such tools not as smooth and straightforward as it could have been.

Things are different with ScreenFlow, though. The workspace isn't clutter, which makes it easier to work on different aspects of your video, be it the video part, the audio part or even additional elements such as text, transitions and still images.

As a Mac user, I'm used to apps and programmes often have a rather "minimalistic" and decluttered approach, and ScreenFlow falls perfectly into this category.

Plus, it can be used as a screen and video recorder too, making it a pretty complete solution for all things video.

Inconvénients

Compared to other video editing solutions, ScreenFlow can come across as relatively pricey. And whenever new features are made available, are included in newer versions of the app – which require you pay to actually get the update, since it isn't free.

Lori R.
  • Secteur d'activité: Photographie
  • Taille de l'entreprise: Auto-entrepreneur
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Essential to my online courses

Publié le 14/04/2021

ScreenFlow is an essential part of my online education program from recording presentations and course modules to short quick tips. Sometimes I use only the slides, others I film myself with slides, and other times, just myself. I have also used it to capture instructional videos while using my iPhone. Selecting between each of these options is very easy and so is editing. I use the program daily when I'm creating educational content for my subscribers.

Avantages

ScreenFlow is easy to use whether I'm recording my computer screen, myself, or my iPhone screen. With a little instruction and practice, it's easy to combine videos and audio within the software that you'd like to add to your screen capture recording. When filming yourself with slides, it's easy to move yourself to different areas of the slides in the recording.

Inconvénients

There have been glitches from time to time where my recording disappeared or didn't save. I feel like these bugs have been corrected for the most part. I also save all raw files to my computer as well as exporting the edited version so that nothing is lost.

Jordan M.
  • Secteur d'activité: Production audiovisuelle

My Go-to Software For More Than Just Screen Recording

Publié le 03/06/2021

It's probably my most-used piece of software. Definitely my most used for video and audio editing and creation. It's my daily go-to for SO many projects, big and small. I love it. Don't know what I'd do without it.

Avantages

For me, this makes media work a breeze. Screenflow is so flexible and easy to use, it really takes something pretty complex to make me use anything else. From quick video creation, editing and even audio recording, it's my go-to. It makes so many projects quick and easy.

Inconvénients

This is where I'll have to be honest... because I've used it for YEARS and used it A LOT, I've experienced many crashes, freezes and bugs. BUT nothing so debilitating that stops a project in its tracks. Usually any mishaps or "bugs" can be solved with a simple restart of the software or restart of the computer. In 10+ years using Screenflow, I think I've only completely lost projects due to software error 2 or 3 times.

Joshua V.
  • Secteur d'activité: Marketing et publicité
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Great video recording and editing software for marketers just getting started.

Publié le 27/06/2021

The main business problem I solved with Screenflow was how to break into using videos for my business on my mac. After watching many hours of free tutorials, I had enough information to start editing interviews, video sales letters, and youtube videos. Blurring sensitive information is easy. And once you learn the software it is fairly easy to use for those really important business videos.

Avantages

Screenflow is perfect for business owners that are getting into using video for their businesses for the first time, and need a professional, constantly updating, screen recording, plus video editing solution. There are plenty of free guides on how to make amazing business videos with Screen Flow. You will absolutely have the power to do what you need.

Inconvénients

Learning Screenflow takes a good week of effort watching tutorial videos. You may want to simply buy one of the many Screenflow tutorial courses designed to get you up to speed as quickly as possible. Also you must always record in full screen. You can't simply select the portion of the screen you want to capture and only capture that.

Tim H.
  • Secteur d'activité: Médias de diffusion
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

ScreenFlow is a great mid-range screen capture and video editing program!

Publié le 23/06/2021

This software was recommended to me by a professional video editor who regularly uses Final Cut Pro at work and ScreenFlow at home. I figured if it's good enough for him, it's good enough for me!

Avantages

Although ScreenFlow is known for its screen capture capabilities, I use it primarily for video editing. It's more advanced than iMovie but not as complicated as Final Cut Pro. It's a great mid-range video editing program. And it keeps getting better! Version 10 now includes animated titles and lower-third screen annotations!

Inconvénients

Like any advanced software program, there is a learning curve. But because it's widely used, there are a lot of online videos you can watch to help you discover the tips and tricks.

Stephen J.
  • Secteur d'activité: E-learning

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

So much right, some stuff wrong.

Publié le 07/07/2020

Avantages

I've used ScreenFlow for about 10 years now, and I think it's the best option on the Mac. It's powerful enough to handle most tasks and I even find myself stretching it to do some simple video editing from time to time. All in all, it's a great product and if you do any amount of screen casting on the Mac, it's a must buy.

Inconvénients

Well... It's buggy. It will crash randomly after long recording. Nesting videos can be a nightmare, the clips do not behave intuitively. After you figure out the quirks, it is manageable.

Jorge edel A.
  • Secteur d'activité: Marketing et publicité

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Screen recording with great editor

Publié le 04/12/2020

Avantages

One the most advance screen recorder that also comes with a great editor

Inconvénients

Only available for mac and some plugins don't work like in fcpx

Matt E.
  • Secteur d'activité: Cabinets médicaux

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Best screen capture/video capture tool

Publié le 22/01/2021

Been using it for close to 8yrs now. Super handy with creating tutorials or just general video editing.

Avantages

Super lightweight. Super fast. Exports video files smaller than expensive production level software I have with the same editing. Very quick to do any editing with.

Inconvénients

Sometimes it is hard to remember how to assign the effects, but once you realize it is very easy. Wish they had better voice-over tools.

Utilisateur vérifié
  • Secteur d'activité: E-learning
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 11-50 employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Great video editing tool for beginners

Publié le 10/09/2021

Awesome! I can't complain, it's a great software and I've been using it for editing videos for more than 4 years. I love it and recommend it to everyone who is looking for an easy-to-use editing tool. It could be improved in some aspects, but all software can. It's a trade-off that I'm willing to make.

Avantages

My favorite thing about Screenflow is that it is super user-friendly, having an awesome UX and UI, making it so easy for beginners to quickly edit videos. I love that it's clean, quick to learn and that it allows for a lot of different features. Exporting options are good and easy.

Inconvénients

I wish it offers more pre-set animation and effects, making it easier to, for example, animate a logo. I think it's great for a lot of things but it has its limitations in comparison to other software, such as Premiere, for example. I wish it was cheaper.