78 avis

Simphony

Restaurant POS for food service management

2,9 /5 (78 avis) Donnez votre avis !
Note globale
Christian K.

Simphony Review - Minor DKL Food Group

Publié le 08/07/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall the software is a decent POS software, the customisation ability is a good fit for our business with the ability to fluidly adjust our products and menu to maneuver our business into strong customer sentiment positions.

Earlier versions were prone to bugs, however the later versions appear more streamlined and database resource utilisation is lighter than it used to be.

Once knowledge base is established and internal support personnel skills are enhanced the support of the software is quite easy.

Avantages

The software once configured and implemented is easy to use, it's heavily customisable, allowing the ability to adapt for changes within the business and products.

The ability to update the software from the enterprise level out to all Properties\Workstations, is a convenient ability to have when managing a fleet of stores and POS terminals

It ties into its own reporting system and the MyMicros App makes store sales checking a breeze

Inconvénients

The software and the back end design is very complex, it takes a lot of training with skilled trainers in the Oracle business to build and maintain those skill sets.

Cost can be quite expensive when starting out, when there is a sufficient retail footprint the pricing can be negotiated to competitive rates

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 7.0/10

Mike P.

Simphony

Publié le 25/06/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

effort put in on setting it up - worth it - architecture is good & functional. Never really had any down time - if internet down - all printers & KDS still work on the LAN. Have a good account manager too which helps!

Avantages

Moved into teh cloud from Res to Simphony - was a great move for us - less spend on hardware, updates through icences /subscription to services. We integrate a lot through simphony with accounts, loyalty, takeaway/delievry platform, Gift certificates. Has great inventory mgt capabilities with theoreticals. We manage the one database across different concepts and countries pretty easily. Integretaed with payroll, Open table, Windcave - Tablets for servers. Real time updates pretty much on phone app. Kiosks integrated. It all works!

Inconvénients

Sometimes support a little clunky, but we get there in the end.

Anders L.
Traduire en français

POS platform, not just a POS

Publié le 01/09/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We are integrating self-service ordering with Simphony, and it is a good solution that works for a huge amount of monthly transactions. Simphony gives us great flexibility and supports our solution in a good way.

Avantages

Simphony is a whole suite of software including Gift & Loyalty, Reporting & Analytics and also provide extensibility by developing additional modules that can extend functionality in Simphony. It has API:s for integration and is well documented.

Inconvénients

It was hard to find out the correct deployment model in some cases. Setting up a large Simphony installation comes with a large amount of options and choices that is needed to get it up and running in a stable production environment. It takes some work to find the optimal deployment.

Daniel C.

Bigger Isnt Always Better

Publié le 07/06/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We opened with a MICROS system 8 years ago, and a few years ago, we decided to update the system and re-up with Oracle/Micros instead of switching to one of the newer companies with better reviews and ratings. A big reason for that, we had already invested thousands in the hardware - all-be-it, somewhat outdated compared to the competition. We were actually at a point where are software was near unusable and had to do something. Then once we signed the agreement, the new hard drive and other hardware arrive within a couple weeks, but the install wasn't schedule for a couple months. So we had to store these boxes until the install date, and not only that, but we started being bill almost immediately, several weeks before we had scheduled the install. But despite all that, the system has been reliable and dependable. Though its been harder as the years went on, the service and warranty coverage from Micros/Oracle has always been pretty solid too.

Our Oracle POS is fairly easy to use and learn
Its also been reliable and dependable since we have opened 8 years ago

Inconvénients

System seems bulky and slow, needs constant rebooting and cleaning
Nothing flashy or sleek about it.
Have found glitches across the board in various areas
While its easy to use, I don't think we are really getting the bang for our buck, and I think a lot of the features are lost on us, or underutilized.

Réponse de Oracle Hospitality

Hey, Daniel - Thanks so much for the honest review! We appreciate your feedback. Please let us know if you need any additional support or if you have any issues you need resolved - we are happy to help! Email us here oracle-foodandbev_ww@oracle.com or here samantha.james@oracle.com and we will get back to you asap!!!!

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 5.0/10

Matt F.
Taille de l'entreprise: 201-500 employés

Oracle = A great global partner

Publié le 04/07/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I have been happy with our experience with Simphony. They provide a great product

Avantages

One stop shop. POS, purchasing and reporting.

The software has great capabilities and covers all areas a hospitality business requires

Inconvénients

Most adjustments to the program involve an additional purchase.

Immediate support not often available

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 7.0/10

Dominic F.
Traduire en français

It was good when it was Micros but since Oracle bought them its appalling.

Publié le 22/09/2017

Avantages

Can't think of anything nice to say. Other than the local micros people in Vancouver were always very nice and supportive. I wish it was different but I think selling to Oracle has reduced the customer focus.

Inconvénients

One of our units is closing down so before the service contract was renewed for another year I asked for it to be cancelled. They said they wouldn't cancel it as its on auto renew and time had run out. I hadn't noticed the auto renew notices as they went into junk mail. Just over a week before the contract auto renewed I checked junk mail, saw it and requested to cancel immediately. As it was a service contract and therefore no hardware, time or training had been used I thought this would be easy. But no. They just didn't care. Or care that I had been a loyal customer for over 10 years in three locations. They are very slow to respond and about as far from being customer centric as possible. Pity as as I say I was quite happy with Micros and have another location coming up next year. Having spoken to other POS companies I am now considering changing all my systems.

Réponse de Oracle Hospitality

Hey, Dominic - Thank you for your honest review. We have forwarded your concerns over to our sales team in Canada, and someone will be reaching out to you shortly. Thanks for your patience!!! --Oracle Marketing

Helen H.
Traduire en français

Horrible experience with Oracle! Stay away. Micros was great, to bad.

Publié le 04/01/2018

Avantages

software works most of the time , durable hardware, user friendly. The very few good things are insignificant in comparison to all the bad things with Oracle

Inconvénients

Purchased the software when it was Micros in 1998. Throughout the next 17 years we had four upgrades to software and hardware. Each time we had an upgrade we did a lease through Micros . Our last upgrade was two years ago and at this time the company Micros was acquired by Oracle. This was the worst upgrade in the 20 years that we have had this POS system. The sales person with Oracle set me up with the leasing company to set up the lease for our latest update. I assumed it was the same as the other fou updates we have done and it would be a two year lease . I trusted the company that I have done business with for 20 years. The leasing company Oracle put me in touch with and told me they handle all their leases ended up never funding the lease. I found this out because oracle started billing me 18 months later for delinquent invoices. I called oracle and advised them that I have been making my payments for the lease every month. With further investigation, we found out that the leasing company never paid Oracle for the upgrade. I have contacted Oracle dozens of times in regards to this, they refused to do anything about it and continue to bill me and send me threats via email that they're going to terminate my services. I have hired a lawyer to go after the leasing company, no help from oracle. They don't care that the leasing company they sent me to ripped me off. Terrible

Réponse de Oracle Hospitality

Hi Helen - Thank you very much for your honest review. We have forwarded this information onto sales escalation, a member of our team will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. Please let me know if you have any immediate questions by emailing at oraclehosp_ww@oracle.com.
Thanks! --Oracle Marketing

Rose W.
Traduire en français

No support even with contract

Publié le 11/04/2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

My 3700 micros is less than a year old. Purchased maintenance contract and was ASSURED it has hardware and software support. Not true. All kinds of programming glitches that I had to live with for months with no help from support. For months I had email communications with a contract renewal sales person ( the same person who sold me the first contract ) about getting SOFTWARE support help/ contract. Now there is a " fatal hard drive" error message when credit card processing company tried to install a terminal that can take chip cards since Micros still does not have the technology to do so. I tried againand again technical support said they can help but they have to submit a billable ticket. This is a software problem.
Back to same sales person for help with getting software contract.
Today got an email from her saying my same contract that has not worked and that has not expired was " activated" and " renewed" and it should work.
I cannot believe what I was reading. This is months of communications back and forth about NO SOFTWARE HELP.
To date I paid for 2 contracts with the same number that specified " hardware technical support" but still have a piece of equipment that cannot accept chip card reader. And that have all kinds of glitches no one seem to know why.

Avantages

Have many capabilities to help in running a business

Inconvénients

If only we know how to use the system. No live support. No software support. No service. No knowledgeable people working for the company. Fragmented help.

Réponse de Oracle Hospitality

Hey, Rose - Thanks for reaching out to us here. We are very sorry to hear of this issue. We have forwarded your information over to escalation and someone will be reaching out to you soon. If you have any questions in the meantime, please email us at oraclehosp_ww@oracle.com, or feel free to reach out to my personally at the email provided by Capterra. --Samantha, Oracle Marketing

Nicole T.
Traduire en français

Avoid Oracle/Micros if you know whats good for you.

Publié le 08/03/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

They were quick to set up and get it working, but that's it. No other benefits whatsoever.

Avantages

Not very much. When issues do happen (which is often), the IT and tech support that visits are always very friendly and helpful, but that's about it.

Inconvénients

This company is a conglomerate nightmare. We were sold on the res 3700 system, which we were assured would be a great fit for our small restaurant and that the technology was well supported and would be updated frequently. None of that has happened. Almost every other week our tablets break down in one form or another. Ease of use is non-existent on the back-end, where creating buttons, running reports and getting any information is extremely complex and not user friendly. The tablets are somehow Oracle branded, which they don't make anymore. So whenever we have a problem they can't fix, we receive 'up-cycled' items from restaurants who have already abandoned this system. We were trapped in a 4 year contract, of which any updates or support to try to assist the barely functioning system would result in a complete renewal of contract! Finally we are 2 months away from leaving this company and never returning. Please, for the love of god, stay away. For everyone like me, you understand.

Réponse de Oracle Hospitality

Hey, Nicole - Thank you for your honest review. We would like to get you the help you need to fix these issues. Please email us at oraclehosp_ww@oracle.com with your contact information so that we may reach out to you. Thank you! --Oracle Marketing

Vishal P.
Secteur d'activité: Production alimentaire
Taille de l'entreprise: 10 000+ employés

Oracle Simphony

Publié le 02/07/2020

Avantages

Oracle Simphony cloud solution is easy to deploy and manage while being a scalable product at a global level, this inturn enables us to move quickly to match our business needs.

Inconvénients

Custom development can sometimes be difficult to manage.

Jennifer R.

Support is impossible

Publié le 08/07/2019

Terrible.

Avantages

Funny, you can't submit a review without naming pros of the system, seriously, it won't permit you to post without it! Ease of use for the most part would be the best pro I can think of.

Inconvénients

I desperately need help with one issue and they completely, point blank REFUSE to help with what for them would be a simple issue if i won't pay them for a full service contract. This is ridiculous and a change for the worse since Oracle took over. We have had this system for ten years and are a small, stand-alone restaurant. We do not need their very expensive service contract, we barely have had one question or issue a year and this would be a large, unnecessary expense for us. I have been approached by a number of other POS companies where the hardware is FREE to us (unlike the $25,000 we spent on this Micros system!!) and covered by credit card processing fees. I am getting ready to change to one of them based on the terrible service issue.

Réponse de Oracle Hospitality

Hey, Jennifer - We are very sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing. We will have a representative call you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience!!!

Marc Y.
Taille de l'entreprise: 5 001-10 000 employés
Traduire en français

Nice point of sale, if only support was better

Publié le 14/12/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Easy uploading of pricing and new products, easy integration with our POS tills

Avantages

The ease of POS uploading to our till system was seamless and everything integrated amazingly well.

Inconvénients

The customer service. Times to get through were slow and occasionally we had downtime which had a detrimental effect. When you need an answer, it was sometimes difficult to find

Réponse de Oracle Hospitality

Hello, Marc. Thank you so much for your review. We would love to speak with you so that we can address these issues. We will forward your inquiry along to the appropriate representatives, but if you would like to reach out yourself, you can email me at samantha.james@oracle.com - I am happy to help. Thank you!

Debbie K.
Traduire en français

Oracle Hospitality POS Support is subpar!!!

Publié le 16/09/2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Unfortunately, we made the mistake of upgrading our POS system last October 2015. Previously, we had excellent service from Micros. However, since Oracle purchased them, service is absolutely horrible. Our service contract is up for renewal. We have left at least 15 messages for a representative to return our call. We are operating without a service contract, but we can not believe that Oracle does not care about customer service and does not monitor a representative's phone log to question why calls are not being returned.

Avantages

The system is easy to use, but the conversion was not a smooth process. We found several, functions that were not converted properly, but Oracle wanted us to pay for the program to be changed.

Inconvénients

Customer support/help line. I have had to wait over an hour for a representative to answer the call. We use to be able to call individuals at Micros and they would solve our simple issues. Not any more! Everything requires a case number.

Réponse de Oracle Hospitality

Thank you for your honest review. We will forward this along to the appropriate department and they will be reaching out to you. Thanks! --Oracle Marketing

Tim M.
Secteur d'activité: Immobilier

Micros 3700 POS

Publié le 10/08/2018

Avantages

A few years ago Oracle hospitality purchased the Micros POS software corp. The Micros 3700 is for small to medium-sized restaurants and does a pretty good job. The user interface for employees can be customized to step an employee through the order process without much coaching. The Kitchen Display System works well for communicating needs to the kitchen staff. My local dealer is pretty good with customer support and hardware service.

Inconvénients

The reporting is canned and can't be customized without a healthy investment to have a report custom written. There are 3rd party web reporting software groups that do a much better job. The programming was originally developed in the 90's, and hasn't been updated on the back end, so setup can be a little confusing. If you call Oracle's help desk to ask a question, don't expect to wait on hold for less than 30 minutes for someone to tell you that they need to research the problem and call you back...which may or may not happen.

Vijay V.

Industry Standard in F&B

Publié le 11/06/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

It works well and I believe it is the industry standard in the restaurant business.

Avantages

We use two different versions of the POS at 2 different restaurants (inside our hotels). One is an older server based and the other is a newer web based version. Both versions work very well. Their tech support is very knowledgeable if you ever need any help. Also, the POS software integrates well with our hotel software (Opera). The web based software is newer and great to be able to access remotely to run reports. We will be upgrading the old server based software to web based very soon.

Inconvénients

I wish it were cheaper. But, you get a quality product and professional support.

Aaron M.
Taille de l'entreprise: 1 001-5 000 employés
Traduire en français

Micros - the worst customer experience available.

Publié le 17/02/2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I currently have over 300 POS workstations deployed across multiple Micros platforms including Simphony 1x and Res 3700, as well as a number of hotels running Opera PMS.

Dealing with Micros since the oracle takeover is the most painful customer service experience I have ever had to deal with in 20+ years in the hospitality industry.

Their sales process is broken to the point where it is almost impossible to get a timely quote, and their support services are beyond useless. I would literally recommend going with ANY other provider before having to deal with Oracle Hospitality.

Avantages

The central management capabilities of Simphony are actually quite strong, and there are very limited options when dealing with large operations. They DO provide the best interface with Opera PMS, but only because they have artificially disabled IP interfaces to any third party products and only support Oracle product integrations via IP at this point.

Inconvénients

Dealing with Oracle is literally the most frustrating customer service experience you can imagine. Their service is beyond hopeless, their sales teams are incapable of providing timely quotes, and when they DO get orders placed they are incorrect more often than not. Oracle has introduced so much red tape into what was already a difficult company to deal with that working with pen and paper would likely be a better option for many people at this point.

Réponse de Oracle Hospitality

Hey, Aaron - Thanks for your honest review. We would like to get more information from you so that we can have the proper team reach out to you. We want you to have a good experience with Oracle Hospitality, so please email us at oraclehosp_ww@oracle.com with your contact information. Thanks for your patience! --Oracle Marketing

Marilynn H.

A complete disaster

Publié le 15/11/2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We are writing this review to express extreme disappointment in our Micros/Oracle POS system. In spring of 2014 we met with several POS venders and ultimately chose Micros because they promised 'at table' ordering and credit card support with their new hand-held devices. We were also promised a smooth transition from our previous POS system. Nearly two years have passed and our installation still has not been completed. The following are the problems that ensued.
' Training was a disaster. Their trainer came late and unprepared. Our entire staff was present and 'on the clock' as they sat waiting for the trainer to learn their product. Most of our staff's questions went unanswered. Our staff was left to figure things out on their own; both front and back of the house.
' The handhelds, which were the main reason for our purchase, have never worked properly. They frequently lock up while our servers are taking orders, causing duplicate orders and a lot of product waste. The hand held devices cause the delay of orders to our kitchen and bar, negatively impacting our guests. The credit card swipes on the hand held units have never worked. Oracle has still not come up with a solution after 2 years. Battery life is another issue. We were promised 6-8 hours between charges. We get three at best.
' The 'end of night' server reports are inaccurate. There are several glitches causing inaccurate data. The glitches occur when they are splitting checks, payments drop off of their 'end of night' report. Our servers do not trust their reports and spend a lot of time recalculating.
' The back of the house sales report is inaccurate and has never made sense. Occasionally the computer randomly drops sales tax from one of the server guest checks. Accounting and IT has spent hundreds of hours trying to find and fix these errors, without success.
We have made many attempts to try to make this system work, including conversations with Oracle sales team and support. They have been completely ineffective in solving any of their systems short comings. In our opinion, our installation has never been completed. We were left with the dysfunctional equipment and inaccurate reports right from the beginning. If we are unable to resolve our problems we will be forced to look for a new POS system that is able to handle our restaurants' needs.
We will not recommend this POS system to anyone at this time.

none

many

Em B.

Say No To Oracle

Publié le 13/06/2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I am the general manager of a restaurant who purchased a $20,000 system through Micros approximately 2 years ago. Everything started out great...Micros was FABULOUS until Oracle bought them out. Before Oracle took over 'IF' I had any problems or just general questions, I could almost immediately get a programmer or technician from the local office on the phone and they always had the answers...but then Oracle came along. We immediately began to have system issues that stayed unresolved because I was rarely ever contacted back by a service technician and when I was they made the problem worse, once even knocking my entire system off-line...it stayed that way for an entire weekend until a tech from the local office was sent out to fix it. He was one of the original people who installed my system and had the issue fixed within 15 minutes thankfully. He was amazing!!! It took dozens of phone calls, massive hold times, some profanity and a little crying on my end to actually get an onsite tech sent out. My Micros sales rep provided me with the email address of the head of Oracle's service dept...I've never heard back from him. The onsite tech told me that the local office had been downsized considerably and the employees that were left were forbidden by Oracle to speak directly with anyone about service issues. He also told me that the employees at the Oracle call center were never trained to use much less resolve issues with the Micros system. We have regretted the change to Micros ever since Oracle took over. Thankfully we haven't had any recent issues and I pray that we don't because it will be nothing but a headache. The owner of the restaurant I manage is in the process of opening a 2nd and 3rd restaurant...we will NOT be installing Oracle systems in either. It's a shame after spending $20,000 on a system along with paying yearly service contract fees that a person/company should be treated this way. We are both in the 'hospitality industry'...I would be mortified to know that any of my customers were treated this way!!

Réponse de Oracle Hospitality

Hello, Em - Thank you for your review. We would like to speak with you in order to mitigate the issues that you have been experiencing. We will forward this review to the service representative for your area, and someone will be contacting you soon. Thanks for you patience.

Jeffrey O.
Traduire en français

Good System and easy to navigate once trained on, but Support and installation was brutally slow!

Publié le 08/05/2018

Avantages

Good Navigation, programming in the backend is smooth. Cloud platform is nice as well as the app to view sales.

Inconvénients

Reporting is troublesome and access for multiple users, seems to be a problem. Sales team was the worst I have ever worked with and took almost 2 years to get finished from the first quote. Kept getting re-quoted and paying a higher price as Oracle didn't have there act together. Was forced to take this product due to corporate policy or I would have chosen another option other than Oracle.

Réponse de Oracle Hospitality

Hello, Jeffrey - Thanks for your review. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you at this time by emailing us at oraclehosp_ww@oracle.com. We are happy to help!!

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 2.0/10

Frank S.
Traduire en français

Why is Oracle-Micros still in business?

Publié le 19/06/2017
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Headaches with perhaps the most disorganized company ever dealt with. Not sure how they are sill in business. We will be letting our equipment from Micros go and switch to a provider with customer service.

Avantages

The Micros - Oracle system is versatile and has many options to be used such as accounting and invoicing, inventory, etc.

Inconvénients

Terrible customer service. Getting the runaround for 3 weeks. Nobody seems to be responsible for anything. Running in circles.

Réponse de Oracle Hospitality

Thanks for the review, Frank. We appreciate your feedback and want to get you assistance. We will be having a representative reach out to you!! Thanks. --Oracle Marketing

Julio V.
Taille de l'entreprise: 1 001-5 000 employés
Traduire en français

My experience with Oracle Food & Beverage POS.

Publié le 28/08/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

My experience is good! The little documentation available in Portuguese is not help, but support help when we need it.

Avantages

The software has many good features, so i can't pinpoint a main one.
What I can say is that its interface is very practical for POS operators.

Inconvénients

I can't say I didn't like it, but I think the configuration part of SIMPHONY through EMC is very complex.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 9.0/10

Fabiana S.

Versatile and user friendly

Publié le 02/07/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Had great technicians helping with installation, for any

Avantages

Very easy to handle database, integrates with 3rd parties applications (i.e Givex, WindCave, Omnivore, Open table, OrderUp!, HotSchedules), outstanding installation team and great support technicians ready to help 24/7.

Inconvénients

Labour Management and Table Management System are both very basic. The functionalities offered are not sufficient to our company's needs.

David L.
Secteur d'activité: Vente au détail
Taille de l'entreprise: 201-500 employés

Oracle Hospitality POS Review

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 22/08/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Used in restaurants and in a QS kiosk environment. Mostly resolve issues ourselves. Had one major issue with database and help desk l1, and 2 were quick to resolve.

Avantages

RES 3700 Customization. Quickly make changes to enterprise.

Inconvénients

Cloud products. Lack of ongoing support in the future.

Justin M.
Traduire en français

Oracle Support is the worst I have ever dealt with buy another product

Publié le 30/12/2016
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Since the purchase of Micros by Oracle, the support standards have gone so far beyond sub par that I don't even receive phone calls back about issues I call in, the tickets just get closed when Oracle feels like it. They state that they have left messages with the site which is false as all technical calls are routed directly to me) plus my phone number and email are on every piece of documentation and yet they can't find the time to contact me before closing the case. During the installation of a new terminal, I kept records of the times that were worked, and yet the times that their staff submitted did not match the actual working times and they refused to adjust the issue to show the correct times. If you are thinking of buying this product, buy a different one simply do to the support

Avantages

The software itself is fantastic and can be adapted readily when you know how to use it.

Inconvénients

Working with Oracle in any fashion is tedious at best. They care nothing for their users and only seek to increase their profits while destroying any customers service that they could provide.

Réponse de Oracle Hospitality

Hey, Justin - Thanks for the honest review. We have forwarded this information to support escalation and they will be contacting you. Please note that the Oracle winter break will run through Monday, January 2nd, so please expect a short delay. Thanks for your patience! --Oracle Marketing

Boban B.

Powerful POS solution

Publié le 25/10/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Excellent and time saving operation, making the restaurant a more effective service provider as a team.

Avantages

As is expected, oracle always delivers powerful softwares when it comes to property management and this is no different. Excellent functionality and report making is its best feature.

Inconvénients

A bit system resources hugging, it would be better if it could be less of a burden on the system in general. But this is understandable, with all the features, its bound to have minor hiccups on system performance but that's not oracle's fault now.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 9.0/10