15 avis

Benchling

Gestion des données et du flux de travail pour les équipes de recherche et développement

4,9 /5 (15 avis) Donnez votre avis !

• Fonctionnalités
des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
15 avis
Jennifer B.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 51-200 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Lab friendly online notebook and so much more

Publié le 09/11/2019

Having all the laboratory notes online in an issue to use format allows for quick sharing of protocols and real-time collaboration on the same projects.

Avantages

Benchling is easy to use, great for everyday notes and protocol design. It makes sharing experimental details and lab notes simple. In addition, easy to search for keywords throughout all the notebooks, never lose data or key pieces of information again. The molecular biology suite is the best, easy cloning and sequences alignments.

Inconvénients

Would love to have access to sample repository and tracking but need the paid version. Better integration with storage options for big data.

Jessica L.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 10 000+ employés

Wonderful digital lab notebook

Publié le 11/02/2021

Overall, Benchling has been wonderful for switching from an archaic experiment documentation system to a well organized, collaborate online system.

Avantages

Benchling is a very useful tool for organizing and collaborating on scientific data online. Online notebooks make it very easy to record and find previous data, which you will always have to cross reference much later after your experiment. The different folders and entries are very easy to organize, and you can create shared collaborative documents as well as your own private notebooks.

Inconvénients

One small Con is that adding figures/images to the entries takes up a lot of space in the notebook, since text and other images/tables/figures cannot wrap around each other. This means that if you're including many images, your entry will be very long, and you can't include too many images together.

Stephanie S.
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

Benchling Implementation at Tenaya

Publié le 16/11/2019

Overall, Benchling has hugely helped our company to come together to decide what the important pieces of our work are that we need to capture, and how to efficiently pass information off team to team. The implementation team has been incredibly helpful in the process.

Avantages

I am thrilled to be able to easily tailor the software to the individual needs of scientists as everyone plays incredibly different roles, but we all come together to look at the data as a whole to make large company decisions. We have not been using the software as an entire company just yet, but we have liked the implementation process with Benchling's support to create the platform our company needs to be successful.

Inconvénients

One of the challenges we have found as we've begun to use Benchling more is that there are some features we've gotten used to using and rely on, but then they will disappear. We understand Benchling is constantly changing and tweaking to better help R&D, but some changes come out of nowhere and mess some of our plans up. Most changes are minor here or there, but when needing to count on a software for easier day-to-day use you need the simple things to work.

Thomas K.
  • Secteur d'activité: Produits pharmaceutiques

The best molecular biology software I ever used in 10years+ of research

Publié le 26/02/2021

I use it almost everyday when I have cloning to do or protein analysis and I love it. I used a lot of different software in the past and this one is the best by far.

Avantages

It is great to use, super easy to go from DNA to protein. Easy to visualize everything and to align sequences. I just can't do without anymore.

Inconvénients

I would like the restriction enzyme sites to be better highlighted on the sequence sometime, but it is really minor.

Suomia A.
  • Secteur d'activité: Hôpitaux et soins de santé
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

Publié le 14/08/2020

Over all, I honestly love benchling. Its so useful when it comes to cloning and helps visualize the plasmids so easily for me, and students that I teach. I love how I can edit and work on my projects easily, and there is so much easy ways to edits and write notes for reference. I will continue to use benchling in the future b/c i love it so much!

Avantages

Because I work with plasmids, the primer creation and alignment tool are my favorite parts of Benchling. I often need to create primers to double check my plasmid is correct and they have been so easy to make! Especially since benchling remembers the primers that I make, and logs them in by name and location on the plasmid for future reference. The alignment tool has also saved me alot of time when it comes to double checking my plasmid size and inserts.

Inconvénients

While i get the location and placement of the Projects tab, that has been a frequent headache to me. It brings up issues when projects are shared by other people in the lab and they only allow me to just see the project and not edit it. I feel like there should be a tool where we can take a project someone shares with us, and edit it and save it easily to our own files. Constantly copying and pasting plasmids from one location to another gets annoying after the 30th plasmid.

Zachary H.
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

Intuitive, Effective, Impactful

Publié le 11/04/2020

Avantages

Benchling lets me organize all of my cloning projects and plasmid maps easily and rapidly. It has been an essential tool to both my graduate and post-graduate careers as an academic.

Inconvénients

As an educator, I work with a number of undergrads training them to clone. The one major problem I've had with Benchling is how easy the cloning wizards make designing constructs. Students come to me with the right primers and right strategy, but when pressed often admit to using the cloning wizard to come to the answer -- not the best moments for me as an educator when I want to challenge them, but certainly a testament to how easy (and powerful!) the software package is!

Utilisateur vérifié

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Benchling is a nice tool for molecular biology

Publié le 03/03/2020

I have been using Benchling for a few years and I am always happy with it. It has been continuously improving and they really care about the needs of their users.

Avantages

The user interface is very intuitive and friendly. The functions are very powerful. It is a very nice replacement of many expensive commercial softwares.

Inconvénients

Some functions are limited to company users.

Aurore-cecile V.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 51-200 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Never been that easy to do molecular biology

Publié le 08/07/2020

It has never been that easy to share molecular biology project and create a lab database ( in my case)

Avantages

This is the best software I used to create molecular biology project and share them. It's easy to use and has a lot of functionality. The one I prefer is the fact that you can translate your sequence and have your nucleic acid above your protein sequence this allow to make sure that your are in the good reading frame when you are doing cloning. You can save your primers, plasmids, projects ... and share them with your team. The fact that you can lock your file is very convenient if you want to give access to them but not let other people edit them.

Inconvénients

I love absolutely everything about this software. Maybe if you could order primers directly from the app this could be useful?

Shabnam M.
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

Benchling Review - Satisfactory

Publié le 03/08/2020

Overall, I have been very pleased with Benchling, and it has made cloning and sequencing alignment so much easier. I have recommended this software to my colleagues since it has been very helpful for my cloning work.

Avantages

I found Benchling to be very user-friendly, and easy to upload sequences. Additionally, I am able to keep my sequences and primers very organized by putting detailed descriptions/sections. Also, the assembly tools make cloning more clear and less room for error. Also, if I had any questions, the customer service providers were always helpful and accessible.

Inconvénients

Thus far, I have not found any missing features or any areas of improvement.

Meghan M.
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant 6 à 12 mois

Great Product

Publié le 03/08/2020

Avantages

I think Benchling is easy to use and visually appealing. Great product!

Inconvénients

The product met all of my needs. So, there was nothing I disliked about it.

Guofeng Z.
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an

Michael lin lab ASAP team

Publié le 03/03/2020

User friendly and productive.

Avantages

I can easily use sharing folder to share the maps to my labmates.

Inconvénients

It's complicated to delete a file and inconvienent to undo my modification on my maps if i mistakenly delete or revised my sequence.

Wyatt A.
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Great tool for molecular biology

Publié le 13/02/2020

Benchling has allowed us to maintain lab records and find old plasmids with ease. It satisfies all of our molecular biology organization needs.

Avantages

Makes organizing all of our lab plasmids incredibly easily. Simplifies sequencing and allows me to easily look at sequences at a glance.

Inconvénients

I don't understand why I can't just delete sequences without having to archive them first.

Bryan B.
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

BENCHLINGTASTIC!

Publié le 13/02/2020

Great interface to use!

Avantages

Benchling makes it easier to keep track of my experiments and stay organized with DNA templates, plasmids, etc.

Inconvénients

Sometimes hard to manipulate trash/archived files

Kristine G.
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois

Great ELN and sequencing software

Publié le 14/07/2020

Avantages

Very easy to use, integrates with other software

Inconvénients

It took a little time to get used to it but once I did it was great. No complaints

Amina K.
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant 1 à 5 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Great Software!

Publié le 26/08/2020

Avantages

There are so many things that can be done and at no cost!
This software is user-friendly and easy to work with.

Inconvénients

So far I have not experienced any troubles with this software.