Quickbooks Point of Sale

Logiciel de point de vente pour les sociétés gérant un ou plusieurs magasins

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

171 avis

Utilisateur vérifié
  • Secteur d'activité : Immobilier

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

POS for our small retail shop

Publié le 07/05/2019

Avantages

We have used this product since the beginning and find it easy to use and integrating it into our books makes life simple.

Inconvénients

Sometimes was a challenge to learn, but an overall great product.

Réponse de Intuit Traduire en français

Thanks for the taking the time to review. While I'm confident you're a pro by now, I know just where you can go should you have questions down the road.

Since we realize learning any new software can be a challenge, we've created a ton of resources, like our Community (https://intuit.me/2rJQ95o) to help ease the learning curve. This multi-function space is an awesome 24/7 outlet where you can chat with QuickBooks reps or explore hundreds of troubleshooting/how-to tutorials. Check it out anytime, and have a good one!

Grant, The QuickBooks Team

Brian

• Support client

Great tool for business, has some irritating features.

Publié le 27/02/2018

Avantages

This software can handle TONS of inventory. We have used the software for over 12 years, and now have over 15000 unique items. Each one is able to track purchasing history, selling history, even details down to the name of the customer who bought this item in march of 2005, what he paid, and what else he bought on the same ticket! We use it a lot for warranty issues, as we're able to see if someone truly bought an item from us, or if they bought it online, and are just trying to get us to fix it for free. Super useful!

Inconvénients

Once you start, you cant stop... Well, that's probably true of any POS system. You end up with too much data to lose, so I couldn't change now even if I wanted to, not that I do. The real problem with being stuck is that you have to pay up for it. Every year, they stop supporting the version from 3 years back. I.e., in 2018 they stop supporting the 2015 version, in '19 they will stop suporting '16, etc. So, you're just fine until windows does some auto-update in the middle of the night. You come in to find out you can't run your business. So, you call support. Support tells you that your version is no longer supported, and it'll be cost per register to upgrade to the current version. Then you're good for another 2 years. We've done this for over 12 years. It's the same song and dance every time. Now I know, and I can budget for it.
All in all, it's worth every penny. I've yet to find anything else that can handle such a large selection of inventory, with so much adaptability, for the price. Just know that the price is hardly a 1-and-done thing.

Paige
  • Secteur d'activité : Art
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 3.0 /10

An okay system for PC but no compatibility with mobile technology and prone to dumping data

Publié le 01/02/2017

I used Quick-books for about a year and while it was an easy system to use on the PC, I found my business needs were better met by moving to a POS system that was mobile friendly.
Quick-books has a very easy to use the system--items are tracked with a generated barcode and the system lists when the item was brought in when it was purchased last, and by whom it was purchased.
I appreciated the compatibility of the technology to be able to automatically print barcodes for our use as opposed to other Mac POS systems, and overall the system was just fine until one day, two days after the largest sale of the year for our company, I went to ring up an item and I found Quick-books had experienced a major glitch and had deleted all the inventory I had added, sold, or updated within the last two weeks. I was devastated. I had input over 2,000 new pieces (individual, one-of-a-kind pieces of art) into Quick-books for our annual holiday sale and then when I tried to secure records for the pieces sold, bought, or input, suddenly the barcodes did not work, there was no record of me having ever entered in all the new works, and I had no sales records for over 100 artists. Luckily my accountant and I, the Store Manager, had already paid out everything that was sold from the large event, but I spent hours inputting the data back in for the remaining pieces. I was confounded and furious and customer service had no answers as to why this had happened. I immediately began researching POS systems that were mobile friendly and that stored my data and records on the Cloud or other web means so that I would never again have to experience lost data. My decision to move from Quick-books was justified when, just a few weeks later, I went to another local business to buy running shoes and the saleswoman apologized for the slow checkout process, noting that overnight her entire inventory had been wiped clean from her POS. I asked what POS she used, and sure enough, Quick-books had done it to again, left someone in the lurch from unexplained dumped data.
For the price and poor customer service and unreliability, I never regretted moving from Quick-Books Point of Sale to another POS system. I now use Shopkeep and I am very happy with it.

Avantages

Very easy to use. It generates bar codes to corresponding with individual or grouped items and then displays the price, merchandiser, and all vital information in the same place for me to find. I liked to be able to track when, where, and by whom an item was brought in and then sold.

Inconvénients

Quick-Books was prone to glitches and to dumping, data on inventory entered. I lost over 2,000 records on new merchandise brought in for our annual holiday sale. Overnight there was no record I had ever entered, sold, or updated anything over a two-week period, the most pivotal two-week period of our year. Luckily my accountant and I had already paid the artists for their sold works, but it took hours for me to put the inventory back in and update the records. My sales records for those two weeks were also unaccounted for, and suddenly my sales were down by thousands compared with the last year. I was purchasing running shoes from another local business down the street a few weeks later and the saleswoman was having a field day trying to sell anything as overnight, same as what happened to me, Quick-books had dumped all her inventory and it had to be entered in again.

Janeen
  • Secteur d'activité : Institutions religieuses

Publié le 24/09/2019

Very basic and easy to use for small companies. Not good for large or high volume stores.

Avantages

Very easy to use, easy to train new people. Easy for people who are not experienced on cash registers or computers.

Inconvénients

Not easy to keep track of sales by item. Not easy to look up items. Not easy to research prices by item.

Réponse de Intuit Traduire en français

Hello, Janeen. Empowering you with the tools you need to get the job done quickly and easily is our top priority. It's great to hear this has been achieved for you! We recommend browsing the Community for tips and tricks on tracking sales and searching for items and prices. Here, you'll find a library of articles and advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members: https://community.intuit.com/

Thanks for stopping by to leave a review.
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Nate

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

Solid product for the small shop, don't expect it to grow with you.

Publié le 16/08/2017

This is a great way to go from no point of sale to a solid tool that will serve the small shop.
There is very little in the way of customization, or integration that can be done with this product, don't expect to use it with other software easily.

Reporting features are excellent
At-register experience is good
Integration with Quickbooks is seamless

Inconvénients

Integration with outside software such as e-commerce is poor
Gift card options are unnecessarily limited, frustrating, and expensive
Customer support leaves a lot to be desired

Brian
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 3.0 /10

More Bugs than the local woods.

Publié le 06/04/2021

POS = Peace Of... Sales Killer. Customer service very poor. A lot of "We will get back to you". Bug fixes come too little too late.

Avantages

Reporting had tons of data. Not just sales totals. You have popular times. Stock value, amount sold, cost of goods, profits. How well each vendor is doing. Top selling Vendors, Items, Departments. Number and graphs. Design and save a report and pull it up again. Set when to date the report. Like you want for info for the last day, last 6 days, maybe 50 days. You can complete control your reports.
The register scanned items in quickly. Showed details like amount on hand. Short Description. Clearly see sale % if item is on sale. A bit hard but you can set up % off. Buy one get one % off.

Inconvénients

CRASHING! Random stop working. Forcing you to close the app or turn off your whole system to reset. Too many buttons for the average cashier to work with. No tracking gift certificates though you CAN put in ID numbers you could tell the register the gift certificate is $100 even if it was only $10 and it would completely accept it.
AND THEY RETURNED $85 AND VOIDED A SALE.
So we rung up $85 in a sale. Run a credit card. Card Approved. Customer gets happy done beeping and register says $0.00. Click Salve & Print and BAM! System crasher right there. Now the sale is done. Customer walks away and we are left restarting the system again. We do it 2x a day on the weekends so no big deal. 5 min later the system opens and says last receipt not saved. "Ok so save it" I think to myself. NO! Instead the system would letting me stop it, without asking, without my approval... RETURNS/VOIDS the last sale. "Ok no big deal I will ring it up again or fix it in inventory. No way it sent the return to the credit possessor." I open Credit Processing and THERE IT IS. $85 APPROVED and then 5 min later $85 VOID. So I don't have the money. The customer and item are LONG gone. And WHY DID THEY VOID A CONFIRMED APPROVED CREDIT CARD 5 MINUTES LATER!!! What if it was more money? We have sales up to $200! Just had a record breaking $500 sale that took 15 min bc during it the system started scanning items in wrong! We have been open 6 months. This CAN NOT HAPPEN AT CHRISTMAS! We changed companies.

Don
  • Secteur d'activité : Produits alimentaires

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

Good software for retail sales but not as strong for food and drink sales

Publié le 15/12/2017

Inventory management and sales transaction and history. Nice customer reward program based on sales.

Avantages

Good inventory managment tied to sales. Easy to use and train. Nice variety of sales reports and profitablity.

Inconvénients

Inability to process another transaction while waiting for a customer to provide tip info eg must complete sale including tip amount before doing anything else (taking an order, printing another receipt for tip inclusion). Cannot process transaction if the internet is down.

Kunle

Best in its league.

Publié le 20/11/2017

I have been able to overcome every possible problem, from the way I see it every problem about QuickBooks has a solution.

Avantages

Well as a professional and software developer, I have experienced many POS applications in my career but Quickbooks seems to be the best and easiest solution for me. I have recommended to my clients, they use it and personally I support them in case of any issue what so ever. I can boldly say for the last 7 years, quickbooks still stands out.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 4.0 /10

It's OK and can be worked

Publié le 14/04/2017

We are currently running Quckbooks 2008 and I do not know if newer versions of Quickbooks have improved some of the current issues

Avantages

Sort of intuitive to USE for the cashier. If set up correctly much can autofill at the time of sale.

Inconvénients

Can be difficult to manage in regard to mapping for uploading of information to Quickbooks financial. Some reporting can be difficult and not customizable as much I would be beneficial. We tend to export and then manipulate the data in an office document.

Utilisateur vérifié
  • Secteur d'activité : Construction

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Amazing software for small businesses!

Publié le 16/04/2018

Avantages

Quickbooks POS is very user friendly - it is not a complicated point of sale software that requires much thought. Easy to train a new retail sales associate on, which is great.

Inconvénients

There can be occasional glitches we can be problematic when running credit cards or taking payments.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 0.0 /10

bugs in the system

Publié le 14/01/2021

I am so disappointed. I have logged 50 hours on the phone with customer service since August 2020.

The engineers obviously released the new updated system too soon and my business suffers because of it. I also found that the pin pad freezes and then reverses your sale even though you think it went thru.

awful!!

Avantages

I love that it is easy to use and has good reporting ability. Links well with QB Bookkeeping

Inconvénients

I was told to upgrade from QB 12.0 to 19.0.. I have had nothing but problems. The first day we set it up there was an error and there continues to be same error message even though i have spent numerous hours on phone with customer service. I am on my 3rd pin pad and had the system uninstalled and re-installed twice. They want to do it again but I refused as they just keep trying different things instead of really figuring out what the problem is. Today I tried to process a $400 sale on applepay and was told that they have an issue with this type of payment (even though this new pin pad was supposed to take Apple pay)

They never let you know of issues. You just have to experience them and then call in.

John
  • Secteur d'activité : Hôtellerie

Lovin it

Publié le 04/03/2020

I used to do my inventory every Sunday evening. It would take me 5 to 7 hours a week. Now its done in minutes with QBPOS. We use Individual Point of Sale out of PA to purchase, and maintain our POS systems.

Avantages

This software has given me abilities that other camping resorts envy. Every time I tell other campground owners how QB POS can trend, suggest orders, track inventory, and that it has endless reports that integrates right into Quick books, they are floored.

Inconvénients

We really dont have any dislikes with the software. It performs well and runs reliably. We are on our second generation of hardware, and the software is stable and fast.

Sharni

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 4.0 /10

Easy to use, but not easy to upgrade

Publié le 09/08/2016

Avantages

Ease of use. It was simple to teach employees how to use the register side of it.

It synchronized easily to quickbooks financial once everything was mapped.

Inconvénients

I could not upgrade past windows 7 on the machines that ran this product. It required I have a machine set up as a server. It cost me pretty much the full price of the product to add another register, or back end user. In order to update the product you had to buy it outright again. There was next to no updating of the product. I bought version 10 back in January of 2011 and until I stopped using it in August 2016 there was no updates. I had to buy the product again if I wanted an update. Customer support cost a lot extra per month, they would even charge you for calls when the problem was their fault. Many reports were limited. For instance, fields I would expect to be in a report simply were not there. For instance, the top customer report, had no way to put the email address into it. So what was the point of that report if you could not send them an email promo?

It was not stored in the cloud, so I was limited in that the product could only be used in my store. If I wanted remote access I had to use a third party computer access product to see my POS.

If you wanted integrated credit card transactions you had to use their merchant services. Their fees were higher than everyone else. I ended up saving thousands a year when I moved to another merchant processor and adding extra steps at the checkout.

Once my file got big, it would lag out loading customer/inventory information.

I ended up changing POS systems when we got another location and it was just going to cost too much to upgrade the product to cope with multiple locations.

Sylvia

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

QB POS great pos, horrid support, pricing that keeps wanting more

Publié le 20/04/2017

Avantages

many of the reports and report functions are great, easy to use, sensible setup. easy to use on the register as well as from the back end.

Inconvénients

customer support is terrible if you finally get someone, many times they made changes that ended up affecting the operations in a negative way. When, support was elevated to a higher level, many times you would never hear back from anyone. You don't just buy your license and that's it, they come out with upgrades etc. and many require you buying the newer licenses to be able to continue to function. Price is prohibitive, having to buy new licenses every 14-18 months.

• Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 5.0 /10

Once the only game in town

Publié le 14/04/2017

Once, one of the only games in POS. town, Intuit now has robust competition. We are seriously looking into a cloud based alternative for our store. Having said that, I will say that my most recent call to customer service was one of the best I have ever had. Maybe they are feeling some heat from the competition.

Avantages

Very versatile, perhaps to a fault at times. Quite easy to learn at least initially. Integration with QuickBooks.

Inconvénients

UI needs a serious updating. Many fine features on the software are not immediately apparent or easily accessible. This is at least partly due to the somewhat outdated and clumsy interface. We have had the desktop based version of this POS since 2003 and have had a tenuous and oftentimes rocky relationship with customer service and support. Intuit is such an enormous company that one feels like an unimportant cog in the wheel when trying to fix a problem.

Ken

Has Some Nice Features, But Too Many Glitches

Publié le 27/12/2018

Support is awful.

Avantages

The reports are spot on and a great time saver.

Inconvénients

I was not given a heads up that you have use Intuit's credit card services. Intuit is much higher than many other credit card providers.
Also for the first 6 months I owned this program on occasion the software would malfunction and charge the last customer for the new customer's order.

Kevin
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant 6 à 12 mois

Robust but very clunky

Publié le 27/09/2019

QuickBooks POS was our original product for inventory and sales in our retail store. While it is robust and simplifies many aspects of accounting, the overall feel and look were just not conducive to everyday business operations.

Avantages

The integration between QuickBooks POS and QuickBooks itself is, as one should expect, outstanding! Both programs work exceptionally well together and make accounting very streamlined.

Inconvénients

The user interface is very "clunky," meaning that it is sometimes difficult to navigate. For newer users, the visual presentation is overwhelming and has a rather uncomfortable feel to it.

Réponse de Intuit Traduire en français

Hi there, Kevin. Thank you for sharing your review with us. It's awesome to know integrating the Point of Sale system with QuickBooks has been simple and helpful. You can rest easy knowing all of your data is organized in one space. We want to make sure you have the resources you need to easily navigate your account. The Community is a great place to start. Here, you'll find a variety of articles and advice from other users and QuickBooks Team members: https://community.intuit.com/

Wishing you continued success.
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Carrie
  • Secteur d'activité : Matériaux de construction

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Efficient for a small business

Publié le 14/09/2017

Avantages

Has all the features needed for my business. It's easy to use. Excellent quality for its price point.

Inconvénients

Need to be a faster way of looking up info. I have lots of products and we have to look thru the whole list even tho it is in order to find what we need. Can be very frustrating.

Beth
  • Secteur d'activité : Conseil en gestion

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Prepare for lots of frustration, speaking to the continent of India and very little that makes...

Publié le 01/02/2017

I'm a Proadvisor so I know a little. But nothing is helpful; create Custom Forms is a joke. Call India help desk, more time spent on nothing. It takes a lot of time, most spent on really bad documentation, but good once it's done.

Avantages

Most small business accounts use QuickBooks

Inconvénients

It's so badly prepared, the service is worthless, the documentation - both online and written, awful, and they make what should be easy, very difficult.

Mark
  • Secteur d'activité : Mode et vêtements

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Good for medium-sized companies with plenty of inventory

Publié le 05/12/2016

We've used this POS system for about 5 years now. It works great if you also are using Quickbooks as your accounting software.

Easy to Use

• Secteur d'activité : Automobile

East breezy

Publié le 29/08/2017

Avantages

Simple layout and practacal functionality , very simple to use for beginers but has everything an experienced user would want .

Inconvénients

Only thing i would weant to change is to have more custom options , not to many things asaid from thaty i would change

Bryon

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

It was great for what it was

Publié le 15/02/2018

Better (it seems) for smaller companies.

Avantages

This was brilliant. I really like how customizable the software is. For a layman, it was a very easy-to-use platform that was an all-in-one bundle of scheduling tools, customer profile tools, invoicing, ect. Big value.

Inconvénients

I really enjoied using this software but it seemed to really bog down as my database grew. I would love to see a faster application.

susan

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 1.0 /10

New version stinks!!!

Publié le 07/02/2020

My previous version was great. The newer one is not great. I actually tried to see if I could revert back to my older version but was told I cannot convert my data back!!

Avantages

My previous version was amazing! That was the whole reason I trusted that the newer version would be too but it is full of bugs, quirks and much more complicated user platform. I would not have purchased if I had known it was going to be so different.

Inconvénients

To set up inventory items, it takes twice as long and you have to click around way too much. I am having trouble training my employees on using the newer version effectively which puts most of the data entry burden on me which does not help my business! It regularly freezes up and I have to back out of they system and restart the program which is embarrassing and unprofessional when ringing up customers. Beware and do not purchase this version!!!

Alexandra

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Good friendly software!

Publié le 26/03/2018

Avantages

This is best suitable for small companies since it doesn't have much variety but gets the job done. It also has mobile apps which makes everything easier and user friendly.

Inconvénients

We like the software very much, although, what we liked least is the customer support. I had to wait over +10 minutes to just get a hold of somebody, & it happens every time.

Jesse
  • Secteur d'activité : Articles de sport

Time saver

Publié le 02/07/2018

Avantages

This system is very easy to use. I like the time it saves me as it integrates with QuickBooks Online, so know daily manual entries.
Great customer service.

Inconvénients

I have a unique industry in which we offer classes, repairs, annual equipment service, rentals and retail. There is no work order, or rental functionality.