15 avis
OpenLP

OpenLP

Open source worship presentation software

3,9 /5 (15 avis)
67% des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
15 avis
Daniel G.
Traduire en français

Since a found out this software I was very happy because it fills all my espectations. It easy to us

Publié le 15/05/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I am in a small church so it has not much budget for this kind of stuff. It is easy and fun to use.

Avantages

Firstly, it is free (open source), I am a linux user, so i prefered open source software.
Secondly, it has a lot of Bible versions in Spanish (my local language). It can work with a lot of formats (audio, video, Power Point presentations, images, etc.). Its support is very good, it is easy to find answers in the forums.

Inconvénients

I could not find how to show a video behind lyrics. It has a few of backgrounds. I have not try the remote control app.

Traduire en français

OpenLP is a fantastic free presentation software for churches

Publié le 10/05/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

A free presentation software that was stable and kept pace with many of its much more expensive competitors.

Avantages

Our small church couldn't afford the high costs of the big competitors in the presentation software world, so we started looking into free options. It didn't take long to discover OpenLP, which has been a great solution for a number of years.

This free software offers most of the basic functionality you find in a paid presentation software, only they have done it for free! Import songs from CCLI SongSelect, keep a library, add in videos and Powerpoints, and you have everything you need.

One of our favorite features has been the way Stage Display is handled. Simply type in the given IP address in a web browser on a phone, tablet, or secondary computer, and voila! You have a stage display. This allowed us to take an old laptop and set it up without having to invest in an expensive additional video card for our primary computer.

The free remote features work well, allowing our pastor to advance his slides from his phone if he wanted additional control.

But free software has to be buggy, right? Not at all! We used OpenLP for years without having it crash during a service.

Our needs have outgrown what this software could do, but I still highly recommend it to anyone interested in a low-cost solution for their church.

Inconvénients

At the time we stopped using the software, it still could not support video backgrounds behind songs. The SongSelect import was more cumbersome than with other software, but it still worked.

Mario P.
Secteur d'activité: Entreposage
Traduire en français

If you want something to get up and going fast then this is it. Handles very basic functions well.

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 29/04/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Easy setup. Fast editing to get screens displayed. I can train people in 1 hour how to create a service, how to download new content and how to put music on the screen. Very Very easy to use and I have got a lot of churches looking at it to save money.

Avantages

It is easy to use for almost anybody with basic computer skills. If you have a limited staff, then I would highly recommed this. I download media from youtube and content is on the screen in less than five minutes. I can create an entire service and easily edit what I want to put on the screen. there is some lag time between what you add to the service and getting it on the screen. but overall, it does a decent job for small churches. I am a computer consultant for small churches and they all like it because the bible is easy to pull up. You click the projector and it goes right to screen. I have two TV's and one project on a hp computer and we are happy.

Inconvénients

The content sometimes laggs behind when you put it on the screen. Also the songs dont keep up with my musicians. I have to constantly move the needle. Needs more backgrounds so you dont have to do much creating.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 7.0/10

Secteur d'activité: Génie civil
Taille de l'entreprise: 201-500 employés

It's a FREE WORSHIP SOFTWARE

Publié le 12/09/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

This software is an essential tool for our fellowship. If your church cannot (or does not want to spend money) afford ProPresenter or EasyWorship, this is the software for you!

Avantages

What's to go wrong with this free software? It's completely FREE! We are able to do most features of Easyworship and Propresenter using this software. Essential tool of our church youth group.

Inconvénients

There are a few missing feature. First of all, the multilingual bible support is not that effective. The formatting could also need some work as the slides are sometimes not aesthetically pleasing and need further editting. But what's to go wrong with FREE software?

Berry C.
Taille de l'entreprise: 2-10 employés

Easy to Use Presentation Software

Publié le 25/08/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall, our experience with the software has been positive. The ease of use during the service has been of immense help.

Avantages

I like that it is easy for a user to use during the service. Once a service is done, nearly anyone with ten minutes training can use the software.

Inconvénients

I dislike the lack of some features such as being able to run video in the software. We have to use separate software for that. Our other issue is the lack of information on how to do things with the software. The lack of tutorials on it probably keeps many churches away from using it.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 8.0/10

Barbara grace R.
Taille de l'entreprise: 2-10 employés

OpenLP is great!

Publié le 03/02/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We use OpenLP to display things for our church service. It would be easier if I could use a remote but we can always find someone to click on each item as needed.

Avantages

It is set up in a logical way. Once you learn it, it is easy to use.

Inconvénients

When someone new uses it they sometimes save things in a different way and then you have to hunt for what you are looking for. Sometimes it goes through and makes 4 copies of each media title and then you have to delete all of the extras.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 8.0/10

Hervé S.
Secteur d'activité: Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif

Lyrics and scriptures display

Publié le 16/11/2018

I have been using OpenLP for about 10 years
It is a nice all rounded software that is easy to use and provide a decent level of performance

The software is free
Media player

Bible import feature
no web display feature

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 7.0/10

Andrew H.
Secteur d'activité: Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif
Traduire en français

Good, Free Presentation Software for Church!

Publié le 19/07/2019

Avantages

There are three main things that I like: it works as advertised, it does work across multiple platforms (Mac, Windows and Linux) and best of all, it's FREE! I recommend this software for small churches looking to transition over to the digital world from overhead projectors and especially if they do not have a team of volunteers but just one person overseeing it.

Inconvénients

Ok, OpenLP, while it works ok, isn't the most user friendly interface. I can't say that I would recommend this for a volunteer based team. I'll use it on occasion if it's just me .

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 5.0/10

Peter B.
Traduire en français

Free! UI a little awkward...

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 1 à 5 mois
Publié le 03/05/2018

Avantages

I love that it supports many different platforms. The remote capabilities are cool although I have not used them extensively.

I was able to get Bibles in our local language imported without any difficulty.

You can't go wrong with free!

Inconvénients

The user interface is a bit awkward. I can get it to work for me, but it is really hard to explain it to someone else.

Dany H.

It's open source...

Publié le 25/04/2018

Avantages

The best thing about this software is that it's open source and therefore it's free. I guess you should not complain too much about free.

Inconvénients

Well, it's open source and it has the potential for improvements in the future, but in the meantime it's buggy, laggy and unrefined.

Dominik Š.
Secteur d'activité: Fabrication électrique/électronique

Best lyrics projection software

Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 26/06/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I tried or saw many other software, but for last 6 years OpenLP solve every worship meetings or performances (where our technical team assisted) very well.
The software is very handy in everything the user wants to do when paper songbooks are not an option. The complex funtions need some time to learn, but even the beginner can do basic things really fast. Great GUI.

Avantages

There is so many useful functions, but still relatively easy to use.
Working well on all platforms and projectors (some other comparable multiplatform softwares for lyrics projection are far more buggy with the multiple screen handling on Linux and MacOS)
The remote control from any device over http - the most clever function, also the people who newer saw OpenLP can switch between slides or search for songs, very good GUI.

Inconvénients

In the default configuration too many hotkeys are set and some alphabet keys conflict with song fast scrolling to certain letter. But 1 minute of erasing the hotkeys fix this for the future.

Secteur d'activité: Internet
Traduire en français

Brilliantly simple, effective tool for church meetings

Publié le 16/02/2019

Avantages

OpenLP has a simple, effective interface for projecting song lyrics, scripture and images during a meeting. It is lightweight (fits on a USB stick) and easy to get the hang of. Considering that OpenLP is free and open source, there is really nothing that beats it for a small to medium sized church.

Inconvénients

Unfortunately it has limitations with regards to video integration, requiring separate software to do so which makes the experience less than seamless.

Robert A.
Secteur d'activité: Construction

Great Open Source Church Presentation Software

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois
Publié le 16/03/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Our Church was starting a new service and we needed to get something that was cheap, free and easy to learn. This was the first go to option. It took the whole team just a few hours to get the basics. Setting it up for the service was pretty straight forward. There are a few things the software lacks, like the motion backgrounds, etc. But on the whole i think it does the job!

Avantages

This software is free, straightforward and easy to learn

Inconvénients

It does not have motion backgrounds. There a a few glitches that think the developers have to work on but for the most part i think it works well. Most of these issues are already on forums being discussed so i'm pretty sure they will be addressed soon

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 9.0/10

Buy software if you can

Publié le 14/05/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I used this while I was searching for good software. This was not good software.

Avantages

It's free, which is the biggest reason for consideration.

Inconvénients

This is very limited in features, and cannot compete with paid software.

Jason B.
Traduire en français

We were gave this a go since it was open source but you get what you pay for.

Publié le 21/03/2018

Avantages

We had high hopes about this because we are big fans of open source software. Unfortunately what we heard didn't match up with the great promotional pitch.

Inconvénients

The lag in the system to the screens, it was difficult to load content in and then get it on the screen looking the same as it was edited. Was hoping for more, but it fell flat.