101 avis

Nearpod

Une plateforme d'engagement des étudiants pour le secteur de l'éducation

4,8 /5 (101 avis) Donnez votre avis !

• Fonctionnalités
des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
101 avis
Shane P.

• Support client

Middle school science teacher for 5 years; Instructional Technology Facilitator for 2 hears

Publié le 08/02/2018

Avantages

Nearpod is a high-quality, user-friendly, reliable presentation program that could be a valuable asset in every teachers classroom. There is a fee, but it's definitely worth the investment individually or at the school-wide level. For starters, it's easy to create slide decks, but what's amazing is that these presentations can be pushed to student devices or phones instantly and with ease. Students can then follow along and interact with the instructor. Other types of presentations can easily be converted and used within NearPod, too, so you don't have to reinvent good material. Just upload and begin pushing to students with ease. Next, audio and video files can be dropped in to decks which enables students to interact with the multimedia individually or in groups. Beyond that, and perhaps my favorite feature is the ability to collect real-time feedback from students through a wide variety of question types/formats. This enables the presenter to pace the lesson appropriately, follow-up with anyone who may be struggling, or engage students in conversation or clarifications based on the feedback. Next, NearPod has a database of phenomenal content available to educators. Large amounts are free. Some of the content even offers VR360 opportunities for students who are using capable devices. Last, I just appreciate that they are committed to improving their product - always taking steps forward, listening to user concerns, offering loudly support, and advancing.

Inconvénients

It would be great if they could add on some sort of homework feature for students who may not have access to WiFi. I know they are exploring several potentials here, and I think they'll figure out a solution, but this would be helpful for flipping the classroom in Title One environments.

Hope E.

Bringing Engagement Back to the Classroom and PD

Publié le 09/02/2021

Nearpod is an educational technology company that puts educators and students first. They continually improve their product and understand today's school and classroom.

Avantages

Nearpod is a must-have tool for educators. It is engaging and has students interacting with their education. Nearpod has a free version that contains a lot of features but also has a paid version. Nearpod has so many different ways to make lessons interactive. They also have an extensive library of well-developed lessons and they keep up to date with current events. Nearpod is at the top of my ed tech tools list.

Inconvénients

The free version is limiting, but it still offers a lot. Sometimes the new and amazing updates are delayed on the app, but work on the web.

Hope M.
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Nearpod has transformed our classrooms

Publié le 15/04/2021

Nearpod has transformed our classrooms and allowed teachers to reach both face to face and virtual students at the same time. It has been an excellent tool for asynchronous learning.

Avantages

The functionality of using Nearpod to share lessons is excellent. In today's classrooms where there are both face to face and virtual students, Nearpod has allowed teachers to reach all students at the same time. The teacher paced option allows teachers to control the pace. The student paced option is great for asynchronous work. The library of lessons has some great resources. My teachers love the ability to convert Google Slides into Nearpod lessons.

Inconvénients

I would like to see a feature where students can work offline for those who may not have internet access at home. I hope that this in the works with the new integration that is coming with Google Classroom updates.

Don L.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 501-1 000 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

Publié le 26/07/2019

I used this product because my school site bought us a license. I had used Pear Deck previously which is a similar software. In my opinion Pear deck is much easier to use and the students enjoy using it more as well.

Avantages

It makes boring powerpoints more interactive. You can engage students by asking questions throughout the lesson and see their responses on your screen. There is also a library of pre-existing lessons ready to use.

Inconvénients

The pre-made lessons didn't really fit my needs and creating your own Nearpod presentation from scratch is extremely time consuming. During the lesson it is difficult to go back and forth between the presentation and checking student responses.

• Taille de l'entreprise: 10 000+ employés

Nearpod for Education

Publié le 12/02/2021

I love the "time to climb" aspect when I am teaching a live lesson. Students visually can see their progress and this motivates them to continue.

Avantages

I like the funcionality of nearpod in allowing the creation an sharing of a lesson in a fun format. With Nearpod, I can import a lesson that I have already created in Google slides, power point or I can create them through nearpod. I can embed a virtual field trip, musical links and audio files throughout my created lesson. As I am giving a live lesson, each student sees my annotations and discovers for themselves the lesson, as it allows themm to individually work through an assignment.

Inconvénients

Nearpod does not make it easy for me to see what my students are doing all at the same time. It does not let me see the notes that they took.

Lisa M.
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 1 à 5 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

My new favorite distance learning tools!

Publié le 05/05/2020

We had more teachers use this service than any other offered because they said it was very user friendly and it gave them great immediate feedback on student progress.

Avantages

I am the director of educational technology at a school that recently shifted to virtual learning. We gave our teachers several lesson delivery/classroom management services to try out and this was their favorite. Nearpod has a great resource library with lots of great videos and lesson content. You also can track everything about how a student engages with the content you post.

Inconvénients

I am curious how expensive it is going to be. The service is free right now because of COVID-19 but we will definitely need to invest in it next year.

• Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois

Nearpod for online educators

Publié le 09/01/2021

Overall I am very glad that I came across Nearpod and integrated it into use for live online teaching. It has been particularly useful for quieter students who may not volunteer to speak or give answers verbally as they are prompted to complete tasks on their own which I can then view discreetly as the teacher.

Avantages

Nearpod has been fantastic to help make existing class materials more interactive for online lessons. It offers the ability to upload and enhance existing materials, as well as searching from a range of provided templates and lessons that can be edited. Nearpod absolutely offers the ability for online lessons to be interactive for students as it has, for example, surveys and individual tasks that students are prompted to complete on their own as certain times of a presented lesson. The platform allows for lessons to be tailored for a range of age groups and skill levels. It is visually engaging for students and encourages participation.

Inconvénients

I was able to teach myself how to use Nearpod with a concentrated effort but teachers who have not used online platforms for teaching may need some support. The features I could access with a free account were more than enough for my needs, but do note that some things that cannot be used (including some aspects of pre-made/ provided lessons) without a paid subscription.

Angela H.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 1 001-5 000 employés

Provides Effective Interactive Lessons

Publié le 16/02/2021

Nearpod has been a very useful tool for presenting material and evaluating student performance. It is simple to use and has functionality that has enhanced my classroom instruction.

Avantages

Nearpod allows me to upload my slideshows seamlessly to the platform. It allows "real-time" checking for understanding for my students to alleviate misconceptions immediately.

The feature for assigning the presentation as homework is also useful for absent students.

In addition, the ability to add voice to the lessons really enhances the comprehension of the material for my students.

Inconvénients

It is difficult to grade the results of the students' responses because the software does not notify you when a student has submitted an assignment nor does it upload to learning management systems. When a student submits an assignment late, I do not know evaluate their performance and post their results in the electronic gradebook.

• Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an

Nearpod for DIstance Learning

Publié le 24/03/2021

Nearpod is an app that I discovered during distant learning. It is effective and helps me keep students engage with interactive content.

Avantages

This program is an awesome way to keep students engaged during class. The teacher is able to see the students' understanding.

Inconvénients

The slide component is a little awkward. There are not a lot of theme options unless we use the premium add-on in google slides. However, that can be mitigated by uploading the slideshow in Nearpod once your complete it in slides

Joanne D.
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

Publié le 24/03/2021

I use Nearpod for all kinds of things with my students - initial instruction, test review, practice with vocabulary, you name it. Sometimes we use it for fun things like class games. I even used it for a virtual baby shower once. It allows participants to respond in several different formats to different types of questions.

Avantages

I absolutely love Nearpod because it allows students to interact with the lesson in meaningful ways.

Inconvénients

I do not have any cons to speak of; I would love it if more activities for students to complete were added but the selection at the moment is still great.

Shana H.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

The perfect tool for asynchronous work and differentiation

Publié le 22/09/2020

Nearpod has been an incredible addition to my self-contained English as a Second Language classroom. My new to country students are emergent in their language and literacy skills, but are able to navigate Nearpod easily after only a few tutorial sessions. It has made a huge difference in what work I can provide for them to do during independent work time while I meet with small groups. Seriously, this is an instructional game changer. I was lucky enough to have a small class size that allowed us to be 1:1 for devices, but this would have worked by staggering online and offline activities as well.

Avantages

Nearpod is an incredibly easy to navigate platform. The interface with Google Slides is seamless and allows for greater creativity in building slide decks for instruction. It has a variety of student response types (matching, drawing, multiple choice, short answer, etc.) and they are adding features on a regular basis. This program is especially helpful for providing the same instruction at asynchronous times (student-paced option) or for guiding synchronous lessons across devices (live lesson option). Reports let you know who logged in to the lesson as well as what their responses were to various prompts. There are a wealth of lessons in the lesson library that you can launch as is or modify to fit your instructional needs. Because students are able to work through it independently, you can use Nearpod as an independent work station and have students logged into remediation, practice, or enrichment lessons simultaneously. Because you can record audio over slides as well as within question prompts, this is an excellent tool to differentiate for students who need accommodations and who are emergent in their literacy skills.

Nearpod also works as an excellent tool for delivering professional development as you can record audio over slides, embed videos, and link to outside sources.

Inconvénients

Audio recording is only available through lessons created within Nearpod (cannot be imported through Google Slides extension), but I'm sure this is something that will be modified in future updates.

Shane P.

Big fan of Nearpod for Education

Publié le 13/09/2018

All in all, I'm a big fan. I recommend it in the classroom and strongly suggest teachers explore using it. You must be in one-to-one setting.

I'm a big fan of Nearpod when giving presentations. Here are the pros I see:
- Allows students to become active participants in their education. Presenting instructional content is engaging with Nearpod, not just a one-way conversation.
- You have the ability to check for understanding with built-in questions.
- They have a ton of free resources that are great.
- Real-time assessment/feedback.
- They've even offered VR field trips that you can take your students on.
- It's easy to learn how to use it, navigate, and build presentations.
- You can also easily upload presentations from other platforms.

Inconvénients

While I feel that the pros outweigh the cons, here are some problems I see:
- It is completely based on your wifi. If you have a weak internet, then Nearpod will be slow and lagging. If you add a lot of students to a presentation, it can also significantly slow down. (Although I realize that this is not necessarily Nearpod's fault - it is worth noting.)
- Even though you can check for understanding in real-time, you cannot do so anonymously. It would be nice if you can anonymously assess students from time-to-time.
- The subscription is steep - some may think it's worth it and the features are great, but it comes with a price that is a bit much.
- The coolness factor will eventually wear off with students.

Renee H.
  • Secteur d'activité: Institutions religieuses
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus de deux ans

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Catholic emelentary use of nearpod

Publié le 19/06/2019

The product is so unique and fun that the students enjoy learning. There are so many academic benefits that I don't think I have enough room to list them all. It can be used in every classroom for all ages and subjects. I even got the school counselors using it with the middle school kids. Like any product, it takes time to make it your own, but it is time well spent.

Avantages

I am able to take control of the student's computer screen so they are unable to move ahead or fall behind. I am able to see each student's answer as they submit it. If I want to I can share all responses or select the responses that work for the lesson. I see what each person is doing on their desktop or laptop computer. It saves the data and I can use it to triangulate future data. The students LOVE it and always ask if we can "do a nearpod" today.

Inconvénients

It took me days to purchase a subscription and they tried to "upsell" me and I hate that. I just want to be able to order a subscription online. Instead, I had to call and get transferred, then their system was down and they could not process my credit card. They asked me to call back so I did and it still did not work. I only had the school credit card for a few hours and I was trying to teach. It should not have been so difficult. I almost quit trying but I really really wanted to use the product because it is amazing.

Christine G.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Great Engagement and Success Tracking

Publié le 20/02/2020

Nearpod is my presentation go-to that helps me deliver information or learning in a fun and efficient way. It allows me to assess my students with reports in real time. I can even share a code with adults then I can track who has accessed it. I often turn to the Nearpod library when I need a last minute lesson-- it gives me content to start with so I don't have to build a lesson from scratch.

Avantages

I use Nearpod for training teachers as well as creating and delivering lessons to students. The interactive features such as quizzes, a Time To Climb game, and Draw It keep grownups and kid engaged in the material. The VR "field trips" are amazing also, even if you don't have VR goggles. Nearpod support is great, there is a very active community of users to learn from, and the company is very responsive to feedback.

Inconvénients

There is a learning curve before a person can use Nearpod to its full advantage. There are many premade lessons, but they often need to be customized for specific audiences such as grade level (I have found some of the Kindergarten lessons, for example, are too advanced for most little ones).The file structure and management is also a little awkward.

Alana T.

The #1 Student Engagement Tool

Publié le 16/02/2021

I love how there is a product that can bring student learning to life in an easy to facilitate way.

Avantages

I love how Nearpod allows you to use Google Slides to upload pre-made lessons into engaging virtual lessons to involve students and check understanding in the virtual world.

Inconvénients

This does not happen often, but sometimes the slides will not save and you literally cannot teach. If the Nearpod is created fully in Nearpod, you do not have slides to fall back on for teaching or providing professional development.

Matthew F.

Nearpod for Education

Publié le 22/09/2020

I have recommended Nearpod to whoever is looking for a great tool to use in a classroom. The basic account has limited storage, but the upgraded account will let me make plans for the entire school year. I use this daily to create lessons for all my students and couldn't ask for a better tool.

Avantages

I love the functionality of Nearpod. I am able to upload lessons from other programs to create interactive lessons for my students. Nearpod has a lot of features that can be imbedded from other technology reasources, too.

In a virtual/hybrid learning situation, Nearpod is a great resource to reach students with and without solid internet access.

Inconvénients

The one feature that has been troublesome is the amount of video data that can be uploaded. I was able to work around this issue by creating my videos as YouTube videos and uploading the links.

Ronald N.
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

Nearpod For In-person or Distance Learning

Publié le 20/11/2020

I have been using Nearppod for a bit of time and then when the pandemic hit and remote learning took over it was a blessing to be able to use, it made student feel like I was right there with them and we continued with our lessons but most importantly continued with the relationships that we had built and were able to build new relationships using the platfrom.

Avantages

Nearpod is a great online learning tool that can be used in the classroom or remotely. Teachers can lead the learning or opt for student paced mode and it integrates seamlessly with Google Classroom. They have great customer support, online how to videos, and it's easy to use. You can be using a premade Nearpod from the thousands in their library within a few minutes and be learning to create your own shortly thereafter. With the large number of activity and content choices students will stay engaged through the entire lesson and they can even collaborate with certain activities. One of the most useful tools in my toolbox.

Inconvénients

The only thing that I don't like is Nearpod own Flocabualry yet you have to pay for it as an add on if you want to be able to use more than 3 of their videos. This was a disappointing to learn.

Daniel F.

Another Tool in the Teacher Toolbox

Publié le 22/02/2020

Nearpod is a great way to run interactive whole group or independent lessons with students, but it doesn't fully implement itself with other classroom tools such as Google Classroom. Because of this, it can be frustrating to go from one tool to another to create a lesson and then formative assessment for students. This has been great for me for interspersed uses, but until it implements a little better, it can be tough to use daily.

Avantages

Nearpod helps teachers (and others) create powerpoint-like lessons for students to go through either in whole group settings or student-paced. The slides can range from interactive ones like student drawing or typing responses or can be static slides, linking students to other resources. Students can join on a variety of device types with a lesson code, or by linking the lesson directly to your Google Classroom.

Inconvénients

While the tool can help students go through a lesson, I wish it implemented itself with other tools a little better. The fact that I can link this straight to my Google Classroom is great, but it won't allow me to keep or save any individual grades from the Nearpod easily. This means if I want this to be an independent lesson for students with a formative assessment at the end, I have to make the Nearpod, and then create a graded opportunity separately. I've been told this update will come to the program, but until then, that can be frustrating.

Christie K.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Nearpod my students love time to climb!!

Publié le 05/11/2020

The customer service is hard to get in touch with. I guess it’s better for district level!

Avantages

My students look forward to their daily time 2 climb. They software makes it so easy to get instant feedback and quizzes. The draw it feature lets them fill in PDFs and do drawings. The timer that you can set it also awesome because it paces them during each activity.

Inconvénients

The only real con I have with this is that it’s sooo expensive for the full version.

Bryan B.

Amazing Resource for Student Engagement

Publié le 23/05/2020

Its an amazing tool that all teachers need to have in their arsenal. As a teacher, I used it daily and it was my go-to presentation creator.

Avantages

Nearpod is a must-have - especially during this period of remote learning. Nearpod is an amazing tool that promotes student engagement and collaboration. Its like PowerPoint/Google Slides on steroids. Teachers can easily create engaging activities, complete formative assessment checks, and connect students remotely through self-paced or teacher-led lessons. The Nearpod Extensions for Google Slides also makes it even easier to transform your static presentations into engaging learning experiences.

Inconvénients

When students join a session, Nearpod simply asks them to type their name. It would be great if they implemented some type of SSO option so it automatically logs students' names. This would significantly cut down on the number of inappropriate things students may type in as names.

James C.

Nearpod in the classroom

Publié le 03/05/2019

Overall, the interactive nature of Nearpod makes lessons engaging and fun for the pupils. The teacher is able to receive and give instant feedback to their students.

Avantages

Nearpod is a very useful alternative to PowerPoint presentations that keep your students active in the lesson. Nearpod uses a basic PowerPoint presentation which is displayed on the pupils devices but gives you the option to add questions or make students draw on a diagram making it interactive. The teacher has a dashboard whereby you can view all your pupils responses and then single out responses to display for further discussion.

Inconvénients

Making a presentation from scratch on the Nearpod site can be time consuming but if you already have a PowerPoint presentation that you can upload and then add to it, it is much better. Unfortunately, any animations in your original PowerPoint will be lost.

Allison D.

Instruction Made Easy

Publié le 15/02/2019

Avantages

I love how you can use just about any type of media with a Nearpod presentation. You are able to design directly in Nearpod with the slides or you can upload presentations from Microsoft or Google files.

Inconvénients

I do experiencing some issues with saving from time to time. Nearpod does not seem to function well if you have more than 1 presentation in edit mode. Sometimes I like to work side by side to double check both presentations follow the same format. Unfortunately this means that Nearpod does not always save my work.

Nick A.
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Self-Paced and Interactive Presentations

Publié le 21/11/2018

Overall, it has done what I needed and allows me to control a presentation or push out some fun interactive elements to help keep students on their toes and assess quickly and efficiently.

Avantages

Love the ability to create presentations or upload presentations I have previously created into NearPod and insert more interactive elements within them. There is a variety of question types and features. One really useful note is that you can control the presentation on your end, but have students or those attending your session view a different screen. This feature is great when designing virtual guided tours. I also appreciate that NearPod has integrated itself with Schoology LMS. Big bonus.

Inconvénients

Honestly I don't have too much. The one gripe I have is that this is a great tool to enhance interaction and engagement, but relies on teacher-led instruction at the forefront. With a push toward self-directed/personalized learning, this may be a drawback. But this is a good tool to get you started with tech integration, or move toward VR as an element to your classroom.

Sr. brittany H.

Interactive Presentation App for Multiple Learning Intelligences

Publié le 25/01/2019

I am happy I have this resource to use in my classroom. I wish I had more time to develop more lessons.

Avantages

I have been a Nearpod user since 2012 (almost the beginning). I have seen the program evolve over time into a more and more dynamic platform for teachers to update their presentations and add interactive elements like polls, quizzes, virtual 360 tours, videos, audio, and worksheets. The pre-made presentations that come with a site license can be a huge time saver.

Inconvénients

With time, Nearpod has become more expensive. As a small school, we have had to make sacrifices to afford the site license. It can be hard getting faculty to feel comfortable using it because it is a new way of approaching presentations, but those who adopt them enjoy using it. It does require a time investment to build a lesson in Nearpod, but they are sharable and reusable.

• Secteur d'activité: Enseignement supérieur

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

An excellent interactive tool for teaching and learning

Publié le 30/11/2019

We use Nearpod to promote active learning in our teachers and trainers. It has enabled our tutors to get meaningful engagement in a variety of audience sizes (large lectures and small groups). The fact that it works reliably on students' devices both on the web and dedicated app makes it easy for learners to engage with.

Avantages

Nearpod provides a seamless means of both presenting content and embedding interactions for learners to engage with on their own mobile devices. The variety of interactions is wide, allowing for all kinds of ways for students to engage. The set is growing all the time, e.g. the new 3D graphics function is very welcome! The ability to embed PowerPoint slides is very helpful (paid-for plans only) and the in-built slide content design toolset has really grown over the years to become much more viable. The paid-for plans also provide access to many other libraries of existing content.

Inconvénients

The lover level paid-for plans are quite limited in the number of active users and the fact that >200 concurrent users requires a custom enterprise plan may put off smaller, not-for-profit organisations. It would be good to have larger audience users available in the lower tier plans.