Avis clients sur ProWritingAid

ProWritingAid

Vérification grammaticale, modification de manuscrit et formation à l'écriture

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application
Classer par

Publié le 03/02/2023

Je l’utilise souvent à mes temps perdus

Je l’utilise souvent à mes temps perdus

Avantages

Très performante comme application je la recommande à moins toute ma famille

Inconvénients

J’aime moins son inefficacité quelques arrangements doivent être réalisés

Billy steed Schaeffer
  • Secteur d'activité : Articles de sport

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

outil essentiel de correction grammaticale

Publié le 23/03/2023

Avantages

ProWritingAid m'aide à améliorer ma qualité d'orthographe

Inconvénients

ProWritingAid n'a pas une autre utilité si ce n'est que l'amélioration d'orthographe

Laura
Laura
  • Secteur d'activité : Cabinets médicaux
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 201–500 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 1 à 5 mois

ProWritingAid is Amazing!

Publié le 21/04/2021

I have had to contact customer service twice. 1st time because of an email address error I made, second for a new promotional offer I received. Their customer service was fantastic! They responded rapidly, were friendly, polite and helpful, and resolved my issues! They even refunded what I paid initially to honor the new offer I received!

Avantages

It is easy to use and has numerous, detailed reports available that help me improve my writing.

Inconvénients

The only thing I would complain about is it seems very difficult to scroll down and view all reports. I'm not sure if it's a screen size issue.

• Secteur d'activité : Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 51–200 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

Way better than Grammarly

Publié le 30/07/2019

ProWritingAid has helped reduce the time it takes to get from first to final draft by half. Our content and copy is written by many people, with all kinds of writing backgrounds. It used to be a chore to pinpoint typos and makes corrections. Now, after running a few reports and working through them, we get great, readable SEO content in a fraction of the time.

Avantages

I love ProWritingAid because there are so many helpful reports that allow you to get as detailed as you want when editing. I use the summary, style and grammar reports all the time. When I'm working on a larger marketing piece, I use the readability, pacing and other reports to help tighten my writing up. I also love how well the software integrates with Microsoft Word and Google Chrome. And one of my all-time favorite features is the word explorer. It's helped me pick the perfect word or phrase on numerous occasions. It's also nice that it's regularly updated with new and improved features.

Inconvénients

I wish there was a way to use this on a mobile device. I'm writing this review on my phone, and I feel like I'm flying blind with ProWritingAid there to let me know about spelling, grammar and readability mistakes. I'd never produce marketing material on my phone, but I certainly write enough emails that I want to look and read professional.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 2.0 /10

ProWriting Aid Should Be Better

Publié le 25/09/2019

Overall, the software is a bit cumbersome and I'm probably going to go back to the other software I was using even though I've already paid for the lifetime subscription of this one.

Avantages

I like the ability to purchase a lifetime subscription to the software. It allows me to edit my writing on various websites and in every writing app I use. It's convenient to use.

Inconvénients

Purchasing the lifetime subscription does not include every feature offered by the software. For instance, plagiarism checks have to be purchased in addition to the editing and grammar check software. It's a hassle at best.

Pourquoi choisir ProWritingAid

I thought it was going to be more cost effective to purchase a lifetime subscription rather than renewing annually.

Logiciel antérieur

Pourquoi passer à ProWritingAid

It was the money that made my choice, but now that I've been using Prowriting Aid, I'll be switching back to Grammarly.
  • Secteur d'activité : Marketing et publicité

ProWritingAid is ideal for Professionals and Students alike

Publié le 19/07/2019

Not a bad thing to say about ProWritingAid thus far. It's inexpensive, and has helped tune my writing style so I'm faster and more confident about it. With all the tweaking options available (and plug-ability), you're almost never without it.

That said, Grammarly has its purpose, and I'd perhaps consider keeping free Grammarly around for its browser-based tool. While I'd advocate using both, if only choosing one I'd opt for ProWritingAid.

Avantages

I love how ProWritingAid plugs into MS Word and Scrivener, so both authors and other professionals can utilize the power of this service. The price is very affordable, and the features aren't matched by any competitors to my knowledge.

It's great to also 'tune' PWA to your writing style, so it doesn't offer irrelevant suggestions. Another cool feature is Plagiarism checks, so if you hire blog content writers, you can check to see if their content is unique. The same is useful for students who want to check their work against internet sources.

Inconvénients

While ProWritingAid is great, for some platforms that requires short snippets of content like e-commerce product pages, you may be better off with Grammarly. This is because PWA has more of a 'style' focus rather than 'grammar' focus.

Perhaps the ultimate approach is to start with PWA to get your writing style mastered offline, then use Grammarly for browser-based usage when writing emails and short snippets of online content (to not get style suggestions where its superfluous).

Pourquoi passer à ProWritingAid

I liked the granular control with PWA over Grammarly. Also less concerned with potential privacy issues using PWA.
William
  • Secteur d'activité : Services et technologies de l'information

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

ProWritingAid gives professional tools to everyone

Publié le 29/06/2022

I have edited over 3,000,000 words using this software, over several years. It is formidable, and thorough. From novels to articles, blog posts to emails ProWritingAid delivers the goods. It is flexible, and you can denote both tone and style.

Avantages

For instance, picking an Academic Style, with a formal tone, vs a Romance Novel and casual style. The suggestions can be modified according to native language as well! An excellent tool, and one I use every day.

Inconvénients

It has a bit of a tendency to initially be very conservative regarding passive / active voice and reading levels. While this is good for casual articles, when using it to proof academic papers, it can be too aggressive. Luckily, it is tunable. Another thing is that having to pay an additional fee to purchase 'credits' for use in detecting plagiarism is a bit problematic.

Pourquoi choisir ProWritingAid

Better performance, but twice the cost. Then I obtained PWA as part of a bundle, and the cost was competitive.

Logiciel antérieur

Matt
  • Secteur d'activité : Logiciels

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

ProWritingAid review. Notes from a small island (in the south pacific)

Publié le 11/09/2019

I've used the premium version for 18 months and have based my comments on my experience in that time. I use it both for work and for some of the creative writing I do.

I'm a massive fan of using technology to improve how I work and ProWritingAid is right up there as one of the most useful tools I use. It makes a significant difference to how long it takes me to write a document. I write fewer iterations and am more confident in the quality of my first draft because of it. I feel like it's not just correcting my grammar, but also helping me to become a better writer.

They have a free version as well as premium versions offering:
- monthly subscription
- yearly subscription
- lifetime license (approx 3.5x annual subscription)

I would strongly recommend it to anyone writing at work or at home. In my view, it is significantly better value than other editing and reviewing software on the market.

Avantages

I like the fact that I can use it everywhere. It's available in Word, Chrome, and Google Docs. There's even a desktop application.

I like the real-time checker that identifies the quick fixes. But the real value is in the deeper reports. Don't be put off by the number of them - my advice is to have find out which ones you find most useful.

My favourites are:

1. Thesaurus report, which lets me quickly find better words to use.
2. Readability report, which focuses me on areas that I can improve.
3. Sticky sentences report, which helps me get straight to the point.
Once you know which ones you use most, you can combine them (it's called a Combo report) and with one click, you've got detailed analysis of your writing.

Inconvénients

All software has pros and cons. While ProWritignAid is no different, it is worth saying that they do seem focused on continual improvement.

My main criticisms over the last 18 months have been:

1. No integration with Google Docs - this has now been released and works well.
2. It can be daunting how much it tells you about your writing but this is necessary - writing is complex. The more you use it, the better it gets.
3. When I was using the free version, the 500-word limit caught me out a few times. It's not an issue for any premium users, however.

Christopher
Christopher
  • Secteur d'activité : Comptabilité

Best Alternative to Grammarly... Top Notch

Publié le 13/05/2020

I was looking for a grammar check. Recommended Grammarly but very expensive. Found ProWritingAid and loving it as it works perfectly like Grammarly and been loving the software.

Avantages

The software works exactly like Grammarly. I love it, when it teaches you about the grammar and push you to think differently.

Inconvénients

I notice that my Gmail email composing was slow because of the extension, so unfortunately, I have to turned it off.

Félix
  • Secteur d'activité : Gestion de l'enseignement

ProWritingAid is beyond standards

Publié le 08/08/2020

I switch the software on for my first time and started diving into its multiple options. I have learned more things with ProWritingAid than sixteen years in the Public Educational System.

Now, my essays are smooth, take less time to deliver my novels, and creative writing happens more often than ever.

Avantages

ProWritingAid is a big deal. Think about a software able to change the way you work. Grammar corrections, all kinds of writing styles, complete informs, accurate feedback, comparative with writers and more I couldn't check.

Inconvénients

Guys add [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in the comparison writers.

Sarah

Great

Publié le 10/05/2021

Haven't been using it for long but can't imagine writing without it now.

Haven't been using it for long but can't imagine writing without it now.

Avantages

Extension edits and suggestions for many types of writing from business to creative. Absolutely love how I can use it for anything.

Inconvénients

I've noticed it has issues inputting corrections without messing with the document's format when using with Google docs. I was editing a several-paged document, and it required me to reformat the entire document afterwards.

Gabriel
Gabriel
  • Secteur d'activité : Logiciels
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 501–1 000 employés

My best grammarly alternative

Publié le 23/09/2021

Avantages

I like all about ProWritingAid... Easy to use. Really useful and free.

Inconvénients

I have not found currently one. I've used it for some weeks.

Kennady

ProWritingAid - The Editing Software that you Need in Your Life

Publié le 10/02/2023

Overall, this software is the best I've ever worked with. It is beyond thorough, which is exactly what I needed for my novel editing needs. If you're on the line, get it, you won't regret it.

Avantages

It's hard to pick just one thing, and ProWritingAid is a critical part of my writing process now. I'd say the absolutely thorough set of features is my favorite thing. They can pick up everything from simple grammar mistakes to things like adverb usage and filter words. I can't speak enough praise about them.

Inconvénients

The dictionary and term base features don't always seem to work as intended. I'm not sure if it's an error on my side or not, but it would be nice to have the terms defined and have them show up in my writing as I go (so I can double check myself as I go). A way to add terms that aren't a CVS file would also be greatly appreciated.

Jovana
  • Secteur d'activité : Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

ProWritingAid Will Make You More Than Pro Writer!

Publié le 20/11/2019

It helped me a great deal to improve my style. I initially used Grammarly and just of curiosity, I tried ProWritingAid -- only to learn that software can go beyond grammar and spelling. I feel like I grew as a writer by using ProWritingAid. However, it is a bit of pricey and perhaps some different grades/options can be introduced to satisfy variety of users.

Avantages

ProWritingAid contains a number of features that will not only instantly correct and suggest alternative wording but that will gradually improve your overall writing skills. Unlike the popular competition, ProwritingAid has a more comprehensively take on writing, it goes beyond just correcting grammar and spelling but help you enhance your style as well. It provides a number of reports that can help you track the improvement of your writing skills. And of top of that, it works in Google Docs -- where all of my writing takes place. :)

Inconvénients

It would be nice to have extensions for a variety of browsers, including Safari. But honestly, what I like the least about it is a price!

Manuel
  • Secteur d'activité : Externalisation/délocalisation

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Is perfect and far superior to contenders

Publié le 24/08/2022

Prowritingaid assists me with making texts that are impeccably composed without spelling botches for the composing tasks I accomplish for my clients.

Avantages

I like that it assists make my composition with going over better. I'm not the most ideal author and ProWritingAid is superior to gram... in convenience and the data it gives.

Inconvénients

Missed an excessive number of errors - It generally proposes basic things that should be amended. The AI isn't savvy enough, yet, to see it's an end and not a deficient sentence. It enables you to overlook the standard, yet will it miss a genuine mistake then?

Andrew
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

Good Solid Produce

Publié le 03/11/2023

Avantages

"I've been using ProWritingAid for quite some time, and as a person with profound dyslexia, it played a crucial role not only in helping me get through my degree and my MA but was also paramount during my PhD. One of the main selling points for me was the one-time payment option, although I'm not sure if they still offer it.The tool corrected all my spelling errors and helped me reconstruct sentences. Over time, I've noticed that this product has improved significantly. I especially appreciate the dedicated app for my Apple Mac, and its seamless integration with Word and other office programs."

Inconvénients

While using ProWritingAid extensively, I've come across a few drawbacks. First, on the Apple platform, it's relatively easy to work around most issues, but the tool may not integrate seamlessly with Microsoft Word as you might expect.However, the dedicated app provides a wealth of information and is quite useful for more in-depth analysis. It's important to note that ProWritingAid may not be as fully functional as a dedicated AI writing program, but it's essential to understand that this tool was never intended for rewriting or completely generating crucial documents."

Kevin
  • Secteur d'activité : Emballage et conteneurs

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 3.0 /10

Not a lot of trust that it works

Publié le 05/02/2021

I was very happy with the trial and bought the yearly subscription. The cost vs Grammarly is significantly less and appeared to work close enough to as well. After I started working in it I noticed it didn't catch nearly as much as Grammarly. It will still be helpful for emails and its not even in the league of Grammarly.
Yes Grammarly is the big player but their cost is hard to swallow for my simple business email corrections.

-Yearly Cost vs main competitor
-Easy to install
-Works with web browsers & Microsoft outlook
-Customer support

-Missed too many mistakes
-It always suggests very simple things that need to be corrected. The AI isn't smart enough, yet, to see it's a closing and not an incomplete sentence. It gives you the ability to ignore the rule, but will it miss a true error then?

Michael

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Share in the best editing program I have discovered.

Publié le 07/09/2022

Avantages

It provide flexibility. With it been integrated with another program I use it will instantly highlight mistakes. If you choose you can disable that function and just write. At a later stage you can enable the function again and carry out your audit. I often do that because I do not want interruptions when I am in "the zone" if I can call it that. Their newest addition also allow for auditing where someone else assists and you provide a link for the other person to assist with auditing. There is also provision to make changes without changing the original text. It is an amazing addition.

Inconvénients

Currently struggling with the integration with a program called Atticus. The staff is very helpful, but it problem has not been solved. Part of the problem is that I am a writer and not a technical expert, and often it take me a lot of time to complete requests from their staff.
A far more pertinent issue is that you cannot use the program if there is no electricity available. Unfortunately living in South Africa we have "load shedding" up to three times a day. From 09h00 until 11h00 this morning it happened unannounced.

Philani
  • Secteur d'activité : Services financiers
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 10 000+ employés

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

ProWritingAid is Only Worth For Fiction Writers

Publié le 17/06/2022

This tool is worth the effort assuming that you compose fiction broadly. It's the best grammar checker for fiction journalists as a result of its local help for Scrivener and extra composing reports which other sentence structure checkers don't offer. It's likewise worth the effort assuming that you esteem extra bits of knowledge about your composition, for instance, word-decision, similar sounding word usage, and so on.

In the event that you don't compose fiction widely, it is as yet a helpful grammar checker given it fits around your composing work process. Indeed it has a few peculiarities, however, it's a reasonable and exact sentence structure checker for most writers

Avantages

Essential writing tool for fiction writers, in-depth review of your writing, great value for money, low CPU consumption, no monthly fee, and reports are very much insightful.

Inconvénients

Slower than other grammar checkers, the free version has its limitations, no Android version of the software, it gives unnecessary suggestions to improve, not integrated with Google Docs, and reports can be confusing and overwhelming.

Naomi

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

I use ProWriting Aid daily to keep my editing polished and professional

Publié le 28/07/2022

My overall experience with ProWritingAid is excellent! It has made a definite difference in both my personal writing and my business as an editor. So much so, that I purchased the lifetime subscription. Thank you.

Avantages

I find this one of the best tools for my own writing, as an author, and editing the writing of others. What I like most is that I can run reports on all aspects or specific aspects of the writing. It's like having an editorial analysis at my fingertips without having to input everything myself. This is invaluable to me.

Inconvénients

What I like least is that there is a difference in American and British spellings in many circumstances. These present as errors, and can be bothersome to repeatedly encounter. It would be nice to be able to select the American version or the British version of the software to avoid this issue.

Biranchi

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

ProWritingAid for Writer

Publié le 13/12/2021

I am averagely satisfied with this software because, on one hand, it helps to ensure grammatically correct quality writing, and on the other hand it gives too many grammar suggestions that sometimes frustrate the writer.

Avantages

After using this software for almost eight months I can say it's a good choice for professional writers to maintain the quality of their writing. Particularly for academic writing, content writing, and causal writing job you can rely on this software. Its smart bots will give you relevant grammar recommendations like your high school teacher and you can choose to use your wisdom for editing. I feel it's better than Grammarly.

Inconvénients

The software is not reliable for editing creative writing, scriptwriting, and the lines where there is maximum use of prepositions. Sometimes it gives too many suggestions and if done accordingly the writing will look very unnatural

Dee
  • Secteur d'activité : Ressources humaines

A Great Experience So Far

Publié le 25/03/2021

Once I edit a write up with it, I feel really confident that there won't be any missed typos or errors, which used to happen, especially with documents that underwent multiple revisions. Somehow I would always discover a tiny omission or typo just after I hit send or submitted a hard copy.

Avantages

It's useful and relevant. The browser extensions have proved extremely handy. Once logged in. I can work on the fly in any web writing space without having to write in the main app or MS word, copy and paste. The Firefox extension is making corrections as I write this review right now.

Inconvénients

Really can't think of any right now. Maybe the fact that occasionally it misses an error that Google Docs picks up instead. But those are rare.

Berkay
  • Secteur d'activité : Marketing et publicité

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

ProWritingAid checks and corrects any mistake

Publié le 22/10/2022

Avantages

ProWritingAid is quite beneficial for Real time cheking and correcting the grammar mistakes done in front-end.

Inconvénients

Style improvement and terminology management features of ProWritingAid should be developed in a more advance way.

Jordan
Jordan
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

ProWritingAid has literally helped me to become a better writer

Publié le 12/07/2018

I plug every single piece of writing that I do into ProWritingAid, and as a full time writer that means I use it often! I am writing a book write now and after the first draft is done I plan to plug each chapter into the program so I will have a cleaner copy for my editor to go through. I hope this will make the final product a higher quality.

I recommend prowritingaid often to friends and colleagues and I plan to keep using it for the foreseeable future.

Avantages

I love the setup and functionality of the program and how easy it is to use. It's easy to load up a document and have it analyze several layers of content.

I love that it can

1) Spit out a summary of your documents grade and show you why it received a certain grade for each layer of analysis
2) Shows you how can improve the style of your writing and where you need to check again
3) Analyze your grammar and show you what you might need to correct

I plug every single piece of sales copy I write into the program and it has helped me to pump out some great finished content.

Inconvénients

At times I have lost data when the program has crashed or my computer has shut down unexpectedly. It doesn't auto save as I am used to from using google docs, and you need to be careful not to close out of the document until you either save it or copy and paste the content into its final destination.

This is only a minor issue that boils down to user error mostly, but I would love an auto save feature to be added in.

Francis

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

The pain free way to better writing.

Publié le 31/07/2019

I am a writer and this is helping me to improve my skills.

I am a writer and this is helping me to improve my skills.

Avantages

I like the diversity of reports. Its not always obvious why they are necessary, but take your time, use the help screens and you will soon see their relevance. The reports are not fillers but will measurably improve your writing.

I like the ease of use and it is responsive.

Inconvénients

It can feel frustrating when the reports fetch back the results and you don't want to accept the recommendation because you feel it will compromise what you want to convey. Remember you don't have to accept any changes. Pay attention to the main reports, like sentence structure and how easy to ready your writing is.